PDA

View Full Version : Humility thread!

deltawave
Jun. 14, 2002, 05:26 PM
A couple of the posts on the "being ignored by the H/J crowd" thread were so funny, they got me thinking of a fun "weekend project" (I'm on call for the next 4 days and nights straight--I *NEED* some fun!) for us all, designed to keep ourselves firmly focused on the lighter side of things!

This is the project, if you dare! Find the WORST photo of you riding, and post it here with the story, if there is one! Pratfalls, dumb facial expressions, and/or goofy positions are optimal! All in good fun, of course! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Here's mine to start...riding a friend's horse at Training, when he was having jumping "issues" (now solved and the horse is ready for Prelim, but not solved by ME, as you can see...)

"If you think your hairstyle is more important than your brain, you're probably right." Wear a helmet!
http://www.deltawave.homestead.com
http://www.seeliecourt.homestead.com

deltawave
Jun. 14, 2002, 05:26 PM
A couple of the posts on the "being ignored by the H/J crowd" thread were so funny, they got me thinking of a fun "weekend project" (I'm on call for the next 4 days and nights straight--I *NEED* some fun!) for us all, designed to keep ourselves firmly focused on the lighter side of things!

This is the project, if you dare! Find the WORST photo of you riding, and post it here with the story, if there is one! Pratfalls, dumb facial expressions, and/or goofy positions are optimal! All in good fun, of course! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Here's mine to start...riding a friend's horse at Training, when he was having jumping "issues" (now solved and the horse is ready for Prelim, but not solved by ME, as you can see...)

"If you think your hairstyle is more important than your brain, you're probably right." Wear a helmet!

Sannois
Jun. 14, 2002, 06:19 PM
It was taken by a pro?? I would love to go through my old pics and find a goofy one. I dont know how to post pics here! I can scan and email. The new pics I have are on a website from a photographer in Kzoo, she was at the event, a couple of fun ones. Does this mean you cant come to see the Richland course with me on Sunday?? I was thinking of driving there to walk the course! I called the owner Yesterday, and he said I could! Maybe we could all get together and go some weekend! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"Those who would give up
essential Liberty, to
purchase a little temporary
Safety, deserve neither
Liberty nor Safety" Benjamin
Franklin, 1755

deltawave
Jun. 14, 2002, 06:41 PM
Nope, can't be more than 30 minutes from the hospital when I'm on call (the barn is 35 minutes--I push my luck if I can get un-busy for a couple of hours) but K'zoo is OUT unless I buy myself a helicopter! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Feel free to send me your embarrassing photos and I will post them for you, hehehehehe!

Hey, ask them about schooling at Richland and we'll all make a pilgrimage. I want to go to Friendale this Tuesday as a prep for Encore, if my truck is OK...new U-joint after I heard a funny CLANGCLANGCLANG as I was shipping the filly from the track on Wednesday--eek! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Supposedly it'll be done tomorrow. Can you get off work Tuesday?? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sannois
Jun. 14, 2002, 07:21 PM
Bummer. I just meant to go walk it. Thats all they allow! Are you doing Encore next weekend?? Is that the ponyclub rally too?? How can you school at Friendale? Email me! The thing she sent out said the trainer had to have a liability policy! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"Those who would give up
essential Liberty, to
Safety, deserve neither
Franklin, 1755

MsRidiculous
Jun. 14, 2002, 07:30 PM
One word: Miscommunication. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

-Amanda

Just keep kicking

jubilee220
Jun. 14, 2002, 07:45 PM
both of those pics are crazy!!

ms rid- how did the rest of that jump go? how did he DO that?! /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif it just doesnt make sense in my head....haha

nothing beats my pony!

MsRidiculous
Jun. 14, 2002, 07:58 PM
well.. we got to a funny spot and it was like one of his front legs decided to add and the other one decided to leave long. He just ended up kind of crashing thru the poles. I stayed on and he stayed on his feet, so we just kinda cantered away like nothing happened. Its a weird pic, tho! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-Amanda

Just keep kicking

Simkie
Jun. 14, 2002, 11:05 PM
Wow, what great pictures! I don't have anything quite as exciting...

This was when my filly was learning to jump, and figuring out just what to *do* with all those legs...

Sannois
Jun. 15, 2002, 05:01 PM
Come on lets help Delta Wave get through her 4 days! I dont have one really, That I can find but I'm sure there are tons of fun ones! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"Those who would give up
essential Liberty, to
Safety, deserve neither
Franklin, 1755

Sannois
Jun. 15, 2002, 05:28 PM
If it wasn't for the look on your face, it looks like she was ok, Nice knees.. lol /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"Those who would give up
essential Liberty, to
Safety, deserve neither
Franklin, 1755

*In Your Dreams*
Jun. 16, 2002, 05:59 PM
This was our first cross country schooling at a local hunter show. Dream didn't look twice until he was already over it, and when he looked, I looked. GM would be proud of Dreams hunter style, but not of my EQ, LOL. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

**~~Andrea,and In Your Dreams~~**
Follow Your Dreams...
Except the one where your in school in your underwear.

"Horse Sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people." - W.C Feilds

"Why does it take a lifetime to learn to live a lifetime?"

Opinions are like buttholes, we all have one and they all stink.

Proud Member Of The Abercrombie and Fitch Clique, aka the IGETCRABBY and B*tch Clique.

Also A Follower Of:
The Baby Greenie Support Group!

deltawave
Jun. 16, 2002, 06:25 PM
I love his face! I have one of Kelly's first Horse Trial (which was also her first XC jumping experience...not the recommended method!) where she's got her nose right down staring at the log. You know how they stick their upper lips way out when they're scared? Her lip was about 6 inches long and her little ears were almost touching! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif The darn thing of it??? *sigh*...8 years later she STILL does that from time to time! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

clickstar
Jun. 16, 2002, 07:25 PM
the fence had a hay-flake groundline... sometimes they jump up and bite... /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

jumperpony_Blaze
Jun. 17, 2002, 05:51 AM
i don't have any pics, but i have an almost fall on video, so i will tell about it.

it was at Jumper Team Des Ville and i had 2 clean rounds, so i made it to the jump off. lots of people had fallen off already that day so everyone was waiting for someone else to fall. I had 2 rails down cause my pony was tired. did the in and out, then a super tight turn to an oxcer, sliced the oxcer a bit too much and leaned abit. my pony stopped and holy cow i almost fell on the jump. People gasped, but i somehow managed to get back on, my pony was good and stood still.I finished my course, there was only one more jump.
it was really funny.

~Blaze~
~~never send a horse to do a pony's job~~

FairWeather
Jun. 17, 2002, 06:34 AM
but I took this picture:
http://chronofhorse.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic/s/691099205/a/ga/ul/1730908412/badditch.jpg

Always,
FairWeather
""Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."--Homer
FairWeather (http://www.fairweather.bizland.com)
CANTER West Virginia (http://www.fairweather.bizland.com/salehorse.htm)

Heather
Jun. 17, 2002, 06:38 AM
I've posted these before, but will redo for you deltawave . . .

(It's a series)

Heather
Jun. 17, 2002, 06:41 AM
2nd one

Heather
Jun. 17, 2002, 06:45 AM
Final one:

(PS horse and I walked away, and show jumped the next day (before the MR rule))

Camstock
Jun. 17, 2002, 08:15 AM
I don't have a picture of this, but my young mare served me a dose of humility last weekend. We were there schooling the novice course and she was such a star that I asked hubby dearest to give us a lead over some of the training stuff. She was doing great. Up to the tiger trap and she took a good prop in front of it, to the point where I had already un-committed and was ready to turn her out to re-approach. No, says the mare, we're not having a refusal! She jumps the 3'3" (or so) tiger trap from a complete stop, lands in a heap, voluntarily picks up the canter to continue on, since I was now doing my best impersonation of being a horse necklace, with my butt the highest point of any part of my body and hands meeting under her neck and reins nowhere near hands. She was ready to go on to the bank right after it. No problem, if it weren't for that sack of useless potatoes on her back! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

eventer_mi
Jun. 17, 2002, 08:30 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by deltawave:
>>Her lip was about 6 inches long and her little ears were almost touching! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif The darn thing of it??? *sigh*...8 years later she STILL does that from time to time! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Came out to the barn yesterday and was short two Bloks...looked around and found them in Kelly's stall! I'm sure there's a story behind that one...

"Obstacles are those frightening things we see when we take our eyes off our goals." - Anon

Monarch1
Jun. 17, 2002, 08:54 AM
It's a bird! It's a plane! No....it's SUPERSPUDS!! This was a little Green as Grass course from a year ago, and I had gracefully launched myself into a "Lie flat on your horse's neck and hope he saves your butt" excuse for a 2-point! (We've since fixed my sorry jumping position, thankfully!!!)

I'm SPEEDING!!!!!!! Towards full recovery, at least!

Monarch1
Jun. 17, 2002, 08:57 AM
And this one isn't a doofy rider shot, but it is sweet, sweet irony.

Monarch1
Jun. 17, 2002, 08:59 AM
But this picture makes up for any and all lack of doofiness in my other pictures. Poor Speedy...he looks so ashamed! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Poombadesign
Jun. 17, 2002, 09:36 AM
Ralph Hill and Holme Truth at Rolex. This fence caused lots of problems.

"It's Friday afternoon...do you know where YOUR Chronicle is??????"

Poombadesign
Jun. 17, 2002, 09:39 AM
And I just have to post this thing because I think it is HILARIOUS!! I hope I don't get seriously attacked for it!!

MKM
Jun. 17, 2002, 09:43 AM
What in the world??? Will never told me he was a poster-child for "horse guys" or whatever. That's hilarious.

drifting cloud
Jun. 17, 2002, 09:50 AM
Oh god...it's "Tiger Beat" for equestrians! Pull-out posters and everything!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Robby, when are you going to be on the cover? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Camstock
Jun. 17, 2002, 10:00 AM
I post my drunken Newf. Please note the wet drool on the floor from just having drunk some water and the "just one more margarita, pleesh, barkeep!" expression.

Makes you want one all your own, doesn't it? /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

deltawave
Jun. 17, 2002, 10:37 AM
I have almost the EXACT same photo of Ralph Hill destroying that fence...but yours says 2002? Mine was from 2000--how weird is that? We all have our "bogey" fences! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LOVE the bleary-eyed Newfie--looks like the Sammy (?) drank him under the table and is ready for more!

Yes, Kim, Kelly is "getting over" the white Blok phobia with a little aversion therapy. She is jumping great over anything BUT the little stuff on the ground, and Ralph's suggestion to school the heck out of little stuff on the ground has been a big fat disaster! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif We're gonna go school all the weird stuff at Friendale on Wednesday and hope there are no Bloks at Encore! If there are, perhaps I'll have another picture for this thread by Monday... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Camstock
Jun. 17, 2002, 10:41 AM
Very good, a sammy. Shouldn't leave the vodka out around those Russian dogs. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Check out the number of views this thread has gotten! Everybody is interested in reading about other people's humble moments. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

deltawave
Jun. 17, 2002, 10:50 AM
Hey, we used to breed Siberians and the breeder who got us started had a team of racing Samoyeds! Very cool! Love those alert northern-bred expressions. Can't get anything by THEM.

Speaking of vodka, the best Siberian name I ever saw on a pedigree was chotavodkasnotayankidrink! Honest to God, where do people get these names! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

eventer_mi
Jun. 17, 2002, 10:51 AM
>>Yes, Kim, Kelly is "getting over" the white Blok phobia with a little aversion therapy. She is jumping great over anything BUT the little stuff on the ground, and Ralph's suggestion to school the heck out of little stuff on the ground has been a big fat disaster!

Sounds like the answer is simple - move her to Prelim. There are no little things at Prelim! ;^)

Seriously - good luck at Encore this weekend! Are you schooling with Myra at Friendale? If I had the time off, I would come with you, Roxanne-be-damned.

"Obstacles are those frightening things we see when we take our eyes off our goals." - Anon

RAyers
Jun. 17, 2002, 12:06 PM
This is from the preliminary division of the Jackson Hole HTs in August of 2001. I've posted this series before, but this is still the most spectacular wreck I have had. I hope I never will repeat it. I honestly thought I could ride it out right up to the point my face hit the water (note head still up as we hit the water).

I made the mistake of riding too aggresively after a weak landing off of a stone wall prior to the drop into the water. Shiver responded by thinking he was supposed to clear the entire water complex (about 100' across). Needless to say after 25' in the air, gravity took over, and as we say in spaceflight research, don't mess with gravity because it's a bitch. I guess we proved it. ;-)

Reed

RAyers
Jun. 17, 2002, 12:13 PM
I forgot to add that I have this picture on my office wall next to a picture of us jumping the stone wall just before it. In between the two pictures I have the caption "Humility is always a step away." It's good to have a reminder that no matter how great you think you may be in whatever you do, everything can change in a blink and you are stuck starting over. I use it a lesson to my graduate students who think they know it all. Funny, they seem to catch on pretty quickly. ;-)

Reed

IFG
Jun. 17, 2002, 01:44 PM
Reed,

What is remarkable is that the jump judge in the background has not even uncrossed her legs as you are taking your bath. Was this such a common occurrence that she was that unphased?

RAyers
Jun. 17, 2002, 02:11 PM
I have a video of the entire crash. Not only did the jump judge not move (not even uncross her legs), the ENTIRE audience (50 or so) remained frozen. Not a gasp, not an ohhh. No one made a move (Shiver floundered under water for 10 seconds or so), not even to the edge of the water for a better view. :-) Everyone remained seated until the ride came to a complete stop (e.g. when Shiver and I walked out of the water and to the vet).

To add to the humility, once we were out of the water, on the video you can hear the jump judge call in the fall, after which another jump judge from two fences PRIOR, call in a "refusal" (knowing I would get 20 penalties, I had circled to settle my horse before we entered the water complex). All I could think about when I heard the second call was, why did anybody need to know I circled when I was already eliminated? What are they going to put on the scoreboard? Eliminated + 20? Does this mean I have an automatic 20 penalties added to my next HT? :-)

Needless to say, under the advice of my sports psycologist, I never watch that tape. :-)

Reed

Monarch1
Jun. 17, 2002, 02:50 PM
Is "Horse Guys" geared towards men or women? /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Poombadesign
Jun. 17, 2002, 03:15 PM
Hahaha...I'm soooo glad I don't know any of them personaly or I'd be beaten into the ground. I guess I had a little TOO much fun with my computer class assignments! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ras
Jun. 17, 2002, 08:10 PM
The story I try to sell with this picture is that some woman flashed me just as we jumped the jump.
Ron Stone
Area IV

Gucci Cowgirl
Jun. 17, 2002, 08:53 PM
heres my pathetic attempt to "help" a schoolie over a XC fence..LOL! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

(Please keep in mind that I am a DQ!)

piaffeprincess98
Jun. 18, 2002, 04:15 AM
i know this is supposed to be of US riding, but I think these are more appropriete! Here's a run out at Fair Hill last fall.

~*Lindsay*~
A proud co-owner of CorLin PROductions. Watch out horseworld, here we come!

piaffeprincess98
Jun. 18, 2002, 04:16 AM
ahhh that's better

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jun. 18, 2002, 04:17 AM
bruce hitting a rail quite hard

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jun. 18, 2002, 04:19 AM
my most famous pic on this BB i assume....Rainey Sealey and Montana Native at the water. His bridel even fell off! I think Rainey hurt her ribs somehow, but horse was fine.

~*Lindsay*~

Monarch1
Jun. 18, 2002, 07:08 AM
piaffeprincess98!!!! That pict of Bruce had me cracking UP!!! Can't you just hear GM now? "Now, although this rider's leg has slipped back out of the traditional perfect position I personally endorse, this horse has a textbook front end on which one may easily balance a jump pole. A lovely pair, neatly turned out, showing lots of elbow grease." /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Rachel C
Jun. 18, 2002, 07:52 AM
This is a truely beautiful picture of me riding my old pony last year!

I have no idea of what happened, it didn't feel too odd, but I was to big for her, and I think we just got the photo from a VERY bad angle!

**Rachel C. + Ferdinand The Gray**

Smart Alec
Jun. 18, 2002, 07:56 AM
keep 'em coming. I love the water series....wow! I wouldn't watch that video either! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I will post one as soon as I can scan it!

darn proud member of the Thoroughbred clique "lovin' TB's since 2002" /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

supporter and former member of the Friends of the Stall Rested Thoroughbred

Robby Johnson
Jun. 18, 2002, 08:10 AM
before I can post my most humiliating one (Willow's very first ever XC fence in competition) ... can we say, "Superman" position? I look like I'm riding a regular working with way my leg is slipped back! She tried to figure out the fence and then over-jumped significantly!

This is one of us at our move-up to Training level at Middle Tennessee Pony Club horse trials in October, 2000. I love my release on this one. Too bad I didn't keep my leg. Could she look any more flat and unpleased with her rider???

Robby

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.

Camstock
Jun. 18, 2002, 08:21 AM
Welcome to the Board! Your picture isn't attached to your post and I'm dying to see it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Backstage
Jun. 18, 2002, 08:35 AM
to deposit me in areas far away from prying camera lenses. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

~ Charter Member of the Welsh Cob clique ~

cweimer
Jun. 18, 2002, 10:01 AM
Oh how I wish I had the picture to go with the story -

Practicing galloping in jockey length stirrups on a borrowed pony with a BN eventing T, and I felt myself tilting . . . ever so slightly . . . and decided it would be more embarassing to pull up . . . so I slid off the side (still in perfect gallop position) right in front of him.

PRICELESS look on his face as he tried really hard not to bust out laughing . . .

JAGold
Jun. 18, 2002, 10:06 AM
We have a video of me schooling XC on gray mare. We jumped down a bank, and Shirl bucked on landing. Really bucked. As in, the video shows that her hind feet were higher than my trainer's head -- and my trainer was standing on top of the bank! I went flying. (Got back on, though...)

As for the pictures, I'll have to borrow access to a scanner so that I can show you some of the real doozies I dug up when I was home visiting my parents last weekend. --Jess

deltawave
Jun. 18, 2002, 10:12 AM
I don't think you two look bad at all! Go back and look at the first post in the thread... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I wish I could figure out how to upload a video clip. At one of our first Horse Trials, a big HUGE grasshopper jumped onto Kelly's butt in dressage. She LEAPED from H to E in horror, and I had NO idea what was going on. The judge wrote "bug on horse" but I was still mystified until I got the video. THEN you could see the big green mother of all locusts! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Camstock
Jun. 18, 2002, 10:58 AM
She really wrote "Bug on Horse"? That is wicked funny!

SophieGirl23
Jun. 18, 2002, 11:04 AM
hmmm....we'll see if this works.

notice the horse with all four legs in the air...i'm behind the camera guy....ouch

Eventer72
Jun. 18, 2002, 11:06 AM
My midwestern hubby is now picked up "wicked" after living here for about 4 years.

Smart Alec
Jun. 18, 2002, 11:14 AM
I say 'wicked' all the time...oh yeah, I am from MA....be careful of those archetypes though! Everytime Hollywood attempts a New England accent...they butcher it!
yeah....wicked pissah! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

darn proud member of the Thoroughbred clique "lovin' TB's since 2002" /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Camstock
Jun. 18, 2002, 11:24 AM
transplanted to Iowa. No idea where I picked up "wicked". Must be from the bad accents in hollywood movies. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Smart Alec, have you ever read Non Sequitor (the cartoon strip) when they have the New England wharf greasy spoon restaurant featured? Is that pretty good for the accent? It always cracks me up. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

SophieGirl, yikes! What happened?

deltawave
Jun. 18, 2002, 12:49 PM
Yup, that's what she wrote in the comments. I thought it was some cryptic reference to my riding ability! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Camstock
Jun. 18, 2002, 01:22 PM
Ouch, man, that would be a cruel comment! You must have been bummin' until you figured it out. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

rhymeswithfizz
Jun. 18, 2002, 01:55 PM
This one's from two years ago, at one of Sully's first BN events. We'd had a big clinic at this place a month prior to the event, and as we went through the water and about to jump up the bank out, I repeated my clinician's instructions: "Be sure to SQUEEZE so that he gets a big jump out, you don't want him to trip!"

So I squeezed, and Sully LEAPED out of the water. Unfortunately, I was expecting another stride or two..... but at least we got that big jump out. Boy do I look surprised!!

Sully's Brag Page (http://theamazingliz.hypermart.net/sully.htm)

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." - Will Rogers

asterix
Jun. 18, 2002, 02:54 PM
Now, I don't have a scanner, and I _think_ I actually destroyed the pics in question so they would never come back to haunt me...but at one trial last year, I was determined not to get the pictures I always get of me, biting my lip over the fences. I've always done it, and YES, I KNOW it's a dangerous habit, plus it makes me look like I'm not having fun, which is a big lie.
So, I go out thinking "no lip biting! no frowning!"...cross the finish line with NO visual memory of where the photogs were. 3 weeks go by.
I get, in the mail, two pictures. In both, the horse and my entire body are pointing forward, over the fence (and more or less looking the way we ought to). In both, my head is turned at a 90 degree angle, facing the camera, and I have a huge fakey grin on my face.
I have no memory of these events, but they are the dumbest looking pictures of anyone successfully jumping a fence I've ever seen.
sigh.

Jupes
Jun. 18, 2002, 03:08 PM
Alright, not humiliating in terms of riding, but this photo cracks me up because we look like such GOOFBALLS! The angle makes my horse's head and ears look huge, and I don't know who's mouth is bigger--his or mine! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Poombadesign
Jun. 18, 2002, 04:18 PM
I saw that pic on your website and I love it!!! Very cool shot!!!

sprite
Jun. 18, 2002, 05:15 PM
I have a LOVELY /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif pic of my old horse's first schooling HT. Its at like, baby beginner novice, a teeny log pile thingy, he has jumped HUGELY over it (the photo is nearly head-on, and his butt is waaaay up in the air as he lands), it looks like I stayed with him OK but I have this "OHHHHH SH**!!!!!!" look of horror on my face that is priceless /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And i wish I had a pic of my first show with my mare, 2 months after i bought her. it was a combined test at Nanci Lindroth's, and the horse who never stops put the brakes on at the first fence and plowed thru it on her knees. Amazingly, i managed to NOT go straight over her head.

A week later she jumped the same fence without looking twice.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

CdnEventer
Jun. 18, 2002, 08:22 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The picture speaks for itself... yikes...

Monarch1
Jun. 18, 2002, 09:41 PM
I think your horse's post-dressage afro really heightens the drama!!!
He looks like Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron rearing up to go into battle! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Love it!!

Camstock
Jun. 19, 2002, 06:55 AM
that is great! Your expression is priceless.

Now that horse is ROUNDING over that jump. When you can see the stud guard on the girth, we're talking WAY UP. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Dang nice ride on your part. Great hands.

CdnEventer
Jun. 19, 2002, 07:44 AM
Yah, we got in a little close and there was another jump 4 or 5 strides away... I just hung on and let him do his thing... if you wanna see the "leading up" pictures... go to:

http://members.rogers.com/neimir/images/Traning/230901-08a.jpg

http://members.rogers.com/neimir/images/Traning/230901-08b.jpg

http://members.rogers.com/neimir/images/Traning/230901-08c.jpg

Smart Alec
Jun. 19, 2002, 10:16 AM
Camstock....I haven't seen it, but now I'm interested....wicked interested. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Camstock
Jun. 19, 2002, 10:24 AM
Non Sequitor is the greatest. Check it out. (http://www.non-sequitur.com/index.php3?inmonth=6&inday=16&inyear=2002&x=27&y=10)

[This message was edited by Camstock on Jun. 19, 2002 at 02:39 PM.]

Hilary
Jun. 26, 2002, 05:57 AM
But I HAD to find this picture and scan it in - we had a major argument approaching this fence - he was spooking at the woods and pretty much approached it sideways -
It was at a Training level combined test it's either the 2nd or 3rd element in a combination.

suzy
Jun. 26, 2002, 06:54 AM
Y'all are scarin' me real bad with your pictures.

I'm just going to flip through the yellow pages and find someone to bulldoze and bury anything on my property that my horse could remotely mistake for a jump. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

suzy-slinking-off-to-the-safety-of-the-dressage-arena

Camstock
Jun. 26, 2002, 07:43 AM
Out, out danged DQ! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Smart Alec
Jun. 26, 2002, 08:43 AM
Cam, Non-Sequitor is pretty funny!
I love this line:

"...as its ghostly presence passed, the most feahsome nor-eastah I ever saw blew in behind it, liftin' my boat clean outtah the wattah and plunked us in the habbah..."

yup, that guy lives next to me...hehe /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Camstock
Jun. 26, 2002, 09:18 AM
Aw, Smart Alec, only my dear mamma calls me Cam. I'm getting all choked up.

I've got to come visit your area! I just wanna sit in a bar and listen to people talk like that! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif If I do that long enough, I can bring the accent back to Iowa and really freak out the farmers at the co-op. I have a new mission. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Smart Alec
Jun. 26, 2002, 11:58 AM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
hehehe....well, you should go to Southie then, plenty of bars and plenty of people that talk just like that! Just think, you could change the midwest forever....MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

DOH! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JAGold
Jun. 27, 2002, 12:34 PM
I posted a couple of classic "oops" photos on a thread in Off Course. There's the rearing horse out of water picture, the deep and long stadium fences, and the ever-popular "grab the ears" release. --Jess

Eventer72
Jun. 27, 2002, 01:49 PM
Both of my parents grew up on the northern coast of Maine....I remember a Thanksgiving conversation going something like this.....

Great Uncle Olie: I'm gunna' hafta git out ma gun an go afta thuh gud dum bubcaht thuts gettin inta ma chicken coop.

me: the what?

Great Uncle Olie: the gud dum bubcaht!

me: huh?

Great Uncle Olie: Ya know! a bubcaht!

me: (Light dawns on marble head) oh! you mean BOBCAT!! Ah yes....

Every once in a while my mom gets on the phone with some realtives and it takes about an hour for her to drop the thick new england accent.

CoolMeadows
Jun. 27, 2002, 03:52 PM
Does anyone even want to try to guess how long I left for this jump? Hehehe, not only a terrible jump, but rust breeches, hair out of hat, and oh my, is that a red crop? I do believe this was my from my very first rated show. Notice the look of horror on the faces of the innocents walking by! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

*Charter member of the Welsh Cob Clique!*

deltawave
Jun. 27, 2002, 05:16 PM
If that jump were 3 feet farther back, it'd be PERFECT! Wish I could look so "bad". /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

canterlope
Jun. 28, 2002, 08:52 AM
Okay, since everyone else has been so willing to post their, um, less than stellar pictures, here are a couple of me at not my finest hour. Sorry the pictures aren't the best. They are actually pictures of pictures, but it's all I 've got right now.

The first is what happens when you ride a horse that loves taking off long. I did see a more conservative distance, but Ollie saw one that he preferred about two strides earlier. I don't know how he managed not to do a belly flop right on that table. Too bad you can't really see the expression on my face, because it's pretty priceless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whoops, there goes another rubber tree plant!

canterlope
Jun. 28, 2002, 09:02 AM
Here I am on Ollie again. At this event, I had forgotten my cross country gloves, but luckily there was a mobile tack shop on the grounds. The only gloves they had were to ones with the really sticky leather on the palms and fingers. I had never ridden with them before and didn't realize just how sticky they were until I tried to slip my reins at this jump. They only slipped so far and poor Ollie paid the price for it. Fortunately he got me back and it was too bad that the photographer didn't get a shot of us a second later. As Ollie's other front foot hit the ground, he put his head down to try and get more rein. My hands were wide open by this point, but those darn gloves were still stuck to the reins like glue. He ended up pulling me forward and I almost went flying over his head. The video shows the whole thing and I still can't believe I stayed on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[This message was edited by canterlope on Jun. 28, 2002 at 12:15 PM.]

[This message was edited by canterlope on Jun. 28, 2002 at 12:17 PM.]

canterlope
Jun. 28, 2002, 09:05 AM
And, just to prove that Ollie and I weren't a total loss together, here is one of our nicer photos. I guess my humility goes only so far. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

piaffeprincess98
Jun. 28, 2002, 11:58 AM
ok, so he's not an eventer, and I'm not riding him, but I caught Toppers at a weird angle in this pic. Think of it as stadium for little horses.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~*Lindsay*~
A proud co-owner of CorLin PROductions, specializing in dressage, eventing, and hunter/jumper digital photography.

~*Co-founder of the COTH Photographer's clique*~

piaffeprincess98
Jun. 28, 2002, 12:03 PM
in the cold, wearing my hooded adidas jacket in a lesson and attempting to do an auto release.....my lower leg is terrible!

~*Lindsay*~
A proud co-owner of CorLin PROductions, specializing in dressage, eventing, and hunter/jumper digital photography.

piaffeprincess98
Jun. 28, 2002, 12:05 PM
another....don't we just totally match w/ my green saddle pad, her blue boots, and a purple schooling helmet? /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jun. 28, 2002, 12:06 PM
there's plenty more....l.our first XC outing in a year...here at wingreen

~*Lindsay*~

CoolMeadows
Jun. 28, 2002, 12:08 PM
What's Ollie's show name? He looks very familiar.

piaffeprincess98
Jun. 28, 2002, 12:11 PM
last one....ewww....it was hot and I was dying. Not to mention my breeches were sticking to my Stubben and they're now permenantly stained on the butt! I can't believe I'm actually posting thuis.....:eek:

~*Lindsay*~

canterlope
Jun. 28, 2002, 01:55 PM
I know you've seen Ollie, aka Icando. I've had him for a while, but I think Sally Chapin was riding him at Preliminary about the same time you were eventing JonJon.

BTW, I think I have a picture of you somewhere around here from the BRCTA, now BREA, awards banquet. Didn't you and JonJon win the YR Preliminary division at some point?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CoolMeadows
Jun. 28, 2002, 02:03 PM
OMG!! I know who you are now! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Duh... Yes, I knew Ican well, what a sweetheart! I don't remeber him with Sally, but I boarded at Jenny's barn when she owned him. He was really a lovely horse.

Yep, we won the YR Prelim, but after that I more or less went exclusively to the Jr/AO jumpers. Every once in a while I'll take Jon Jon somewhere and have some fun over X-country, but just novice and training and maybe an occasional prelim fence. He still does the jumpers and has a good time. I was thinking that I might do a couple of training HTs on him and some Prelim CTs. Wooh, he'd be pissed to find himself back in a dressage ring!

I'd love to event a little again. I think the next time I actually have money and go to the track for a prospect I'll look for an event type.

Part-Time Angel
Jun. 29, 2002, 12:42 AM
Ooh - i have some BAAAAADDDD ones - luckily for me though, they aren't all scanned. Her are som of the bad ones I do have scanned...

Here I am on Rio apparently trying to kick him in the elbows while playing the piano - what is that danged body doing? Uh... Dress- age - what? (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid24/p7c817c0ec842be28b8348d5dbf57c7d5/fd985ec1.jpg)

The rare shot in which a horse who is simply continuing their canter stride actually clears a jump. Meanwhile I am tipping over and you can actually SEE me saying "up" as i trying to jump for him...
Please up? (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid24/pc1fcc043b9f9db22caa90988f87d62ab/fd985ec4.jpg)

This one is funny cuz of me. I was jumping my 5y/o standardbred and had nothing to really start her over. After jumping numous haybales and buckets we proceeded to a fence... She was unfazed and I personally think she is jumping in gorgeous form for a horse who paces to the base - but you can see me going "what AM i doing" just the way i'm looking down. what AM i jumping? (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid24/p4db86edffae4acd4faa947bc0202128c/fd985ec2.jpg)

Here I'm apparently 'playing hunter' as best i can - stupidly enough, on a xc course. Poor baby! (But look - i did sorta teach him to jump if you compare it to my earlier pic) Lets see if I can tip off between his ears, and raise my hands anymore to show off my crest release (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/pf07f1dc5b7ac217610d0423ef89ab7a9/fdb919cf.jpg)

YOu can tell my this shot that we didn't have the easiest approach into this jump... COming down a little early, eh fatty? And with a full clyde you dont' want that - as she can and will demolish jumps... Timber!!! Descending Flubber (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid24/p3bbdc9ef481083ef572048add885455e/fd985dbd.jpg.orig.jpg)

In this one - We aren't doing anything stupid - but the picture itself is quite humourous! hehehe.
Hot in Pink (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/p59302a5d2b1f744bec4084f4c39f458e/fdb186fd.jpg)

Ooh - and a *lovely* sequence:
The GOOD - aren't we cute?! (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/pc5ea0b34a1ba773c1722344dc831a3e7/fdd0586b.jpg)
The BAD - we both look like we are on drugs (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/p47cf1fb8aa9814b6411631cca1805400/fdd0585d.jpg)

K, Pics have been edited and they now should all work! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by Part-Time Angel on Jun. 29, 2002 at 03:13 PM.]

Part-Time Angel
Jun. 29, 2002, 12:56 AM
this one was when I first started riding my horse (PTA) - he hindquarters were obviously a *little* undermuscled and weak - and then theres me with my stupid extravagant release.. I don't show this one to ANYONE - you guys should be honored... Well - actually i do - but i cut it off at my leg cuz honestly, the front half of the shot isn't TOO bad... Be kind: "mom - i forgot my butt..." (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p716c1a932a09e6ec500d27719de0b50b/fdb91ef7.jpg)

Then this is us the same horse trials, a year later, a level higher - doing a 1 stride in a 2 stride combo. Again - she looks like shes going to stradle the jump... Trying two strides in one... and nearly falling over (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/pa191a0f0bbb53fd711f4942eda9c4460/fdb91efa.gif)

Same course - second year - me - getting in the way as usual... Big time left back! I may as well just fall off the back and let go of PTA's face (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p6c10aab0e9546258bf125f984ca757e2/fdb91c71.jpg)

xcjumper
Jun. 29, 2002, 02:52 AM
New to post here but couldn't resist. Here's me with my new NZTB at our first show. Almost eliminated but the judge couldn't tell for sure if I was out of the arena. What an awful picture!!!!

Sannois
Jun. 29, 2002, 05:17 AM
Some of them I could open most I could not! And I have seen worse! lol But that Pink WOW! And XC Jumper, Hmmm Some chain missing from that Dressage fence! My worst fear! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"Those who would give up
essential Liberty, to
Safety, deserve neither
Franklin, 1755
Founding member of The Fossils over Fences Clique!

ponygrl
Jun. 29, 2002, 10:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xcjumper:
New to post here but couldn't resist. Here's me with my new NZTB at our first show. Almost eliminated but the judge couldn't tell for sure if I was out of the arena. What an awful picture!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hiya! I too event in AZ, but was unable to do High country Hounds...

Hopefully I'll see you around!

Laura

flypony74
Jun. 29, 2002, 12:05 PM
Boy, I wish I could find that picture of my mare landing off a fence with her EYES CLOSED! She had her eyes squished shut like "If I just stixk my feet out here somewhere, maybe the ground will show up?" If I can find it I will post it...it is too funny (especially considering that she is the CUTEST leopard App you've ever seen, who at the time had a bushy Thelwell pony mane and forelock).

deltawave
Jul. 1, 2002, 06:07 PM
Posted with her permission...Kim and Truman from the Ralph Hill clinic this summer. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Sannois
Jul. 2, 2002, 11:00 AM
He looks like he wanted to go! Didn't think mom wanted to. MAybe a Bit too forward! Hmmm. Ralph was an awesome help with our problems,and as a result I may have finally gotten over the hump! I say We are GOING and hes says! Okay! Not very fancy and dramatic, and I guess thats a good thing. The Photographer took some beautiful shots and she said this one was an accident, she thought we were going! Yup, so did I most like ly! Thanks Delta Wave! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

"Those who would give up
essential Liberty, to
Safety, deserve neither
Franklin, 1755

bigdreamer
Jul. 2, 2002, 08:56 PM
this is the first time i had jumped in 6 months on a horse who hadn't been ridden (never mind jumped) in 3 years. Her jump is soooo round and she rushed them very badly... i just kinda hung on for the ride!

LAZ
Jul. 7, 2002, 07:49 PM
But here's one I took a loooong time ago. Believe it or not the horse went on & jumped the out on the triple and the rider didn't completely fall off, though she did have to stop & regroup for a moment!

LAZ
Jul. 7, 2002, 07:51 PM
This is from this horse's first event--she won the dressage and had gone clean cross country. She thought stadium was just a little bit much all in the same day, and started jumping like a toad. Here the mare is, hanging her knees, twisting and propping, and there's Sue, just sitting in perfect balance like the horse is excellent underneath her!

rides2fly
Jul. 9, 2002, 10:06 PM
Thought I'd join in the fun -- hope the attachments work

rides2fly
Jul. 9, 2002, 10:09 PM
Here I am in full flight

rides2fly
Jul. 9, 2002, 10:11 PM
And, all's well that ends well -- landing and ready to two-step with my mount (or have a serious discussion about synchronizing our takeoffs)

CluesGirl
Jul. 10, 2002, 05:31 AM
Had a 2-phase on Sunday and we jumped everything -coops, oxers, etc. So last night I am getting ready for our first Novice, set up a two stride of just xrails (first one was tiny, the second one
was pretty decently sized, about 3' or so).

Clue refuses the 2nd one out of a perfect distance, the little crap, and I land on my feet, except my momentum is only stopped by the wing standard. Spent last night on ice (ice on my body AND ice in my two stiff drinks!!) and have a lovely neck to mid-calf bruise.

Needless to say, I think we re-jumped that combination about 12 more times...and of course he had no problem with the gate-to-3' oxer.

43% of all statistics are useless.

FairWeather
Jul. 10, 2002, 06:04 AM
LAZ and Rides2Fly--I'm CRYING over those shots! OMG are they funny!

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."--Homer
FairWeather (http://www.fairweather.bizland.com)
CANTER West Virginia (http://www.fairweather.bizland.com/salehorse.htm)

Chestnut3
Jul. 10, 2002, 11:30 AM
This is the only "humility" photo that I have on my computer. This photo is from our stadium round at his first Novice.

MardiGras
Jul. 15, 2002, 08:52 PM
Some of these picture are uncanily familiar. Mmmm, dirt - it's an aquired taste! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I don't believe I have anything recent, but I'm sure I have some older travesties.

I think this is back in the day when I was into uber long stirrups. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif I love my ankle/feet. I have only recently gotten over myself long enough to put this pic in the album. The horse is forgiven for his silly jump - he was 24 (and a former prix st george dressage horse) so he was allowed to cheat /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Spider
Jul. 15, 2002, 10:03 PM
my bad boy ben, lol. This was a very RARE fight that we had.

Sannois
Jul. 16, 2002, 03:36 AM
Your even demomstration the correct way to handle a rear! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

"Those who would give up
essential Liberty, to
Safety, deserve neither
Franklin, 1755

Sannois
Jul. 16, 2002, 03:36 AM
Your even demomstrating the correct way to handle a rear! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

"Those who would give up
essential Liberty, to
Safety, deserve neither
Franklin, 1755

Spider
Jul. 16, 2002, 05:46 AM
lol thanks! I get to ride a lot of greenies, too bad my boy is not a greenie.

Camstock
Aug. 6, 2002, 11:13 AM
Since I said I didn't have a picture worthy of the humility thread, the event gods giggled, and conspired against me to help produce the following. My jaw is feeling much better a few days after the incident, thanks... /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Doesn't my friend with the camera have excellent timing? /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

JAGold
Aug. 6, 2002, 11:17 AM
Cripes! Did you stay on? --Jess

Camstock
Aug. 6, 2002, 11:35 AM
That's the one glimmer of goodness about it. Yep, I stayed on. Oh, but wait, there's more. (Now how much would you pay? /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif) Mere hours later on XC, I stayed on this one too. We also finished the course without jump or time penalties. It was not our day. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Same friend, same camera, by the way. Lovely gal, that girl. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

RAyers
Aug. 6, 2002, 11:37 AM
Aaaannnndddd....Camstoke is safe at third base! I like to call that type of stop a "Homer" because as a rider you go, "DOH!" :-)

As a friend of mine once said, "Humility is always just a fence away."

Reed /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

GotSpots
Aug. 6, 2002, 11:51 AM
Wow! Those are ones to be framed for your wall in the "hope I learn from these" section. In the second one, did your horse step in the ditch underneath the rail or is that an optical illusion? Scary -- glad you stayed on.

Camstock
Aug. 6, 2002, 11:55 AM
I actually DID laugh after I realized my face was fine. The jump was re-set and I was ready to go, but then the judge came out to inspect the jump. I was circling in front of the crowd at the time, and I said out loud to myself about the judge, "Oh goodie. Raise it up a few while you're out there, wouldja?" /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif The crowd laughed, which helped, and they cheered us when we did it right the second time. That was most cool of them. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Pixie Dust
Aug. 6, 2002, 12:17 PM
Wow, these are amazing!! Camstock....WOW!

Mine is merely embarrassing. I can thank my mother for this lovely shot! A WT dressage test at an elementary HT last fall. He warmed up well, but once inside the ring, he forgot I was there. And I handled it all poorly!! I couldn't get him anywhere near the chain. Inside leg only increased his speed!

It's so easy to laugh; it's so easy to hate; it takes guts to be gentle and kind.... The Smiths

Camstock
Aug. 6, 2002, 12:20 PM
On the XC jump, just a couple of inches back and he'd have been in the small ditch. Goofball. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks, Bgoosewood, for taking some of the attention off my nightmare. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by Camstock on Aug. 06, 2002 at 03:28 PM.]

drifting cloud
Aug. 6, 2002, 12:58 PM
Camstock wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Yep, I stayed on. Oh, but wait, there's more. (Now how much would you pay? ) Mere hours later on XC, I stayed on this one too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>So what kind of glue do you put on your butt??? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

"Some days are easy, like licking icing off a spoon. Today was more like stapling jell-o to a brick."

Camstock
Aug. 6, 2002, 01:15 PM
The first one was luck, because the horse stopped dead square which you can see in the lovely front view. (http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=00FD004X020027&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1) His poll delicately stopped any forward momentum by "supporting" my left jawline.

The stickability over the XC fence was mostly luck, but partially pure orneriness on my part. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif I had a little annoyance hangover from stadium. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif As he was hanging there I was literally thinking to myself, "Get off the fence you twit. You are wasting time hanging here, and we are going to go double clear on XC if I have to carry your bay slacker a$$ over the finish line." /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

KateDB
Aug. 7, 2002, 01:02 PM
Camstock - I have but three things to say:

Ouch! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
Good Job!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Shoulders back!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

(Yours in French Snaffle-dom, Kate)

HelloAgain
Sep. 13, 2002, 02:08 PM
I have been wanted to contribute for ages but only *just* got this scanned. Yeah, its the shot taken during my rather-infamous clinic with Ralph Hill. (He's the dude in the yellow cap lookig on in bemusement) Check out her take-off spot! Can we say "scopey?"

As you can see, I've slid to the back of the saddle with my body completely behind my leg. In just a few moments, the force of her hindquarters coming up will catapult me straight up and out of the saddle! I will lose both my stirrups, land with a thump, get bounced out, ditch on the ground, and subsequently be immobilized for 4 days with a soft-tissue injury in my hips. Serves me right!

And, why does she look so constricted in her head and neck? Why, its because I'm hanging on by her mouth! <takes a bow>

Proud Member: Bull-snap Haters Clique, Michigan Clique, and Appaloosa Clique!

Sannois
Sep. 13, 2002, 06:06 PM
on Ralphs face! That was a fun clinic, Yeah right says Hello again! Right up until that point. My stop is on here from that Clinic, well one of several! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Did you say you were going to Derbyshire?? What Division are you showing in? What is your mares name I forget! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" Benjamin Franklin, 1755

bigdreamer
Sep. 13, 2002, 06:31 PM
well- at least she jumped, right???

where was the clinic at? was it in michigan? just wondering!
~laura~

Sannois
Sep. 13, 2002, 08:50 PM
In Lowell MI /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" Benjamin Franklin, 1755

drifting cloud
Sep. 14, 2002, 05:19 AM
I love the look on YOUR face, too! You've definitely got a gasping thing going on. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Glad you are o.k.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!"

HelloAgain
Sep. 16, 2002, 01:04 PM
Let me say a word in praise of my horse who has never ever ever stopped on me. I mean not once. And I have put her to some crappy ass jumps. I've jumped ahead, and gotten left (sometimes in the same jump!). I've stared at the base of a fence, I've looked backwards at the fence behind me, and down at the fence under me. I've looked pretty much everywhere but where my eye ought to be -- up and forward. At times I've let my leg slip back, and let my heel slide up. I've annoyed her by holding too tightly and picking to the base, and at other times cantered to fences without offering her a shred of guidance (that's what happened in this picture) Even so, she jumps for me. She took me to my first Horse Trial with a clear XC and a clear stadium this weekend. What a good girl. I need to go give her a carrot.

------

Ralph Hill, ever the optimist, picked me up from the ground and commented, "well, when you didn't see the distance, you sent her forward. That was good!" While I repeated over and over, "I am *such* an idiot, I can't believe I did that."

Proud Member: Bull-snap Haters Clique, Michigan Clique, and Appaloosa Clique!