PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper concentrate for fly system?

trail blazer
May. 27, 2012, 11:44 AM
I can't live without my Pyranha fly system, but the cost of the concentrate is killing me. I already need to order another refill. I see they have another concentrate called 1-10PX for only around $65 which makes 50-200 gallons! Has anyone tried this? Even if I use one bottle per drum, it is a lot cheaper than the $250 (w/shipping) the larger one costs. I know the concentrations are different, but let me know your experiences.

cowboymom
May. 27, 2012, 01:08 PM
I'm not at all familiar with your system but we use permectrin concentrate here for fly control, on critters and the buildings. I don't know if that helps you or not!

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30e07945-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5&gas=permectrin

RideIrishHorses
May. 27, 2012, 01:56 PM
I use the same - Permectrin - with our 18 stall system it works REALLY well and certainly much more easy on the wallet than the $250 we used to spend! We use two bottles for our drum and it sprays every 30 mins for 10 seconds.

trail blazer
May. 28, 2012, 12:49 AM
I use the same - Permectrin - with our 18 stall system it works REALLY well and certainly much more easy on the wallet than the $250 we used to spend! We use two bottles for our drum and it sprays every 30 mins for 10 seconds.

This is awesome! I hope it works as well for me! I'm ordering it tonight - the long fly season is getting expensive. I guess the Pyranha name adds $$ to their product. Thanks for the recommendations. I feel like I just found the blue light special!!!

Robin@DHH
May. 28, 2012, 11:53 AM
The one thing Permectrin (or Insectrin) is missing that is
in Pyranha is piperonyl butoxide which, according to a
lady on my old horse list who is a researcher in animal
insect repellants, keeps the permethrin working longer.

Mali
May. 28, 2012, 03:44 PM
I don't have the misting system, but I do buy the concentrate and hand-mix it into spray bottles! I get 120 quarts for $1 per quart ;)

trail blazer
May. 30, 2012, 12:07 AM
that's good to know Robin! Always wondered what that was.

As for the concentrate - I've made my spray bottles the same ever since we had to use a fogger in the barn.

race_run_jump
May. 31, 2012, 11:25 PM
www.deadflyzone.com
I finally got brave and ordered a less expensive one- agree - the Pyranha prices were killing me!
I ordered the Sector refill for my 55 gallon system. According to their website, the PBO prevents the flies from developing a resistance to the Permethin. They have an even less expensive refill with just permethin if you're willing to try - no idea how long said resistance takes to develop.
I've had it going for about a week - am seeing dead flies and a decrease in stuff flying around the barn. Nothing has died that shouldn't - ie horses or dogs or cats...
so far, so good. Paid $100 and think shipping was free.
They had great customer service and have several choices of products on their website.
Anyone else used them?

e-hameiri
Jun. 1, 2012, 04:40 AM
i must suggest to have a look here for your solution e-hameiri.co.il