PDA

View Full Version : Indoor arena ventilation and cooling. Exhaust fans at gable ends?

Dutch Lovin' Dressage Rider
May. 27, 2012, 01:13 AM
My indoor arena is fully enclosed, has several sources of ventilation, but I would like to add another source for those really hot summer days. Thinking that exhaust fans will do the trick?

It seems like almost every year we have added something to try to try to improve the summer time ventilation. I currently have: 8 jiffy pop looking turbines (whatever you call them) on the roof, 3 coupolas with vents, 11 6x6 windows, with a 4x4 slider screened section that are mounted at 7.5 feet off arena floor, 8 windows above mirrors that each have 3x3 screened sliders. Last year we added screened areas up at the very peak of both gable ends. There is improved ventilation with each arena improvement, but I would *really* like to be able to ride in the middle of the summer in the indoor arena in the heat of the day and be more comfortable.

Does anyone have exhaust fans in their indoor? How big are they and what did they cost?

clanter
May. 27, 2012, 10:32 AM
if you have the ceiling height a fan may do the trick... many of the indoor arenas here use these fans... they are pricy but really work well

http://www.bigassfans.com/application/agricultural/equine/