PDA

View Full Version : Really need ideas: Best indoor arena sprinklers for even coverage?

Dutch Lovin' Dressage Rider
May. 27, 2012, 01:01 AM
Wall or ceiling mount? I have currently have sprinklers mounted on the the wall about 14' up, and but I am not happy with their coverage. I am now thinking of mounting them overhead from the bottom of the trusses. I have 24 high bay lights that hang 2 feet off of the trusses, so the sprinklers would somehow have to avoid the lights.

How are your sprinklers mounted that work well, and what sprinklers do you have?

Thanks

gallupgirl
May. 28, 2012, 12:24 AM
We have redneck arena sprinklers.

1/2" garden watering tube attached to the trusses with the smaller spaghetti tubing screwed in at appropriate intervals with the garden nozzles/sprayers on the end. We had to weight those down with pieces of electrical conduit or they spun when the water was going through them. We only had to go lower than the dusk to dawn lights so it's about 1' on the spaghetti feeders. I have a covered arena so there are more nozzles in the open spaces and less on the N and W walls, which are closed/attach to the barn. You screw the regular hose to the sprinkler attachment and you're ready to go.

Cheap, easy and was up and going in about an hour.