PDA

View Full Version : SDL Lemke saddles

MustangPony11
May. 26, 2012, 08:20 PM
Has anybody here ever owned or ridden in a Sheryl Lemke saddle? Any experiences or opinions - I know somebody who is selling one and I'm curious :)

easyrider
May. 26, 2012, 09:55 PM
A friend of mine bought a Lemke for her aged, swaybacked QH, on the recommendation of Wolfgang Westphal, a wonderful and knowledgeable saddle fitter. The saddle was perfect for her horse. It was an older model, maybe late 90s? Serious gussets and very well-made. That's the only one I've come across.

TheHorseProblem
May. 26, 2012, 10:04 PM
I had a new Lemke Buffalo Deluxe before my hips started giving me trouble and I had to switch to a close contact saddle for the shorter stirrups. It was wonderful, the most comfortable saddle I have ever ridden in. They do hold you in place, so you have to like that type of saddle. But for the money, there is nothing better on the market, and I loved that saddle more than some much nore expensive ones I tried. Depending on where you live, Sheryl can fit the saddle to your horse herself and she is the best.

horsefaerie
May. 27, 2012, 12:55 AM
I rode in a Buffalo many years ago. Deep seat, comfy and run small. I normally road a 16.5 but could ride an 18 in this one without difficulty.

If the price is right and it fits your horse you can't go wrong.

InsideLeg2OutsideRein
May. 27, 2012, 04:03 PM
I think as with every saddle, some people will love them, some hate them. ;) I had one about 8 years ago for my TB and neither one of us really liked it (I always felt I had to fight to stay in a decent position). That said, the person that bought it seems to be perfectly happy with it. I switched to Custom Saddlery which works much better for me and my horses.

TheHorseProblem
May. 28, 2012, 11:18 AM
I rode in a Buffalo many years ago. Deep seat, comfy and run small. I normally road a 16.5 but could ride an 18 in this one without difficulty.

I normally ride in a 17.5. When I tried her saddles, I initially rode in 18s thinking the deeper seat would mean I needed a larger seat, but that turned out not to be the case. I ended up with a 17.5 with a low pommel.

thatsnotme
May. 28, 2012, 11:32 AM
Ive had 3. Loved them all. They fit my different horses well, hold there value and are easy to sell. I find Sheryl herself to be a bit difficult, but she does a beautiful job.