PDA

View Full Version : More consternation in Wellington over GDF

DownYonder
May. 24, 2012, 04:21 PM
Now some approvals for development have been revoked by the newly elected town council. It appears from the article the majority of members on the new council were supported/funded in their campaigns by major opponents to GDF expansion.

http://www.dressage-news.com/?p=16013

merrygoround
May. 25, 2012, 07:10 AM
How can a town board legally revoke a previously granted permit.

I can see all sort of municipal chaos, if that were possible.

ise@ssl
May. 25, 2012, 08:34 AM
Well this is a lawyers dream come true! I'm not a lawyer but having been in the real estate development field, I would venture an observation that they can sue for damages. They had proceeded with the project based on the approvals that had received from the previous vote of the Board. Money was raised and invested based on those approvals. To now rescind them is a significant economic hardship. If the project was not changed in any way that would negate the application previously made for the project, I'm not sure what grounds the new board had to "revoke". Just being different people with different opinions is questionable as a legal defense. JMHO.

cadance
May. 25, 2012, 05:33 PM
"The vote by the three members making up the majority of the five-member council reversed approval by a previous council months ago. "
......errr, riiiight

Mike Matson
May. 26, 2012, 01:31 AM
Must be a result of those news articles about Romney and dressage. ;)

2tempe
May. 26, 2012, 08:39 AM
Well, that article was clear as mud. I had heard there were issues even a couple months ago but it all seems rather non-specific. And yes it sounds like it was driven by people's pockets rather than logical decision making.

Would love to be the lawyers in this mess.