PDA

View Full Version : Still looking for 2+1 GN trailer

IrishWillow
May. 23, 2012, 02:19 PM
I'm in Texas and struggling to find a used 2+1, with a dressing room, that doesn't cost as much as a new one!! They're hard to search for, so I search by brand. Suggestions of brands that make this style trailer that I may not have thought of?

Phaxxton
May. 23, 2012, 02:42 PM
It took me a long time to find my 4-Star 2+1, but I did eventually find it on horsetrailerworld.com -- However, I had to religiously search both the 2-horse and 3-horse listings, as people tend to classify them differently. Some may also be (incorrectly) classified as a "2H with a front ramp" (and occasionally vice versa). I also had to be willing to drive a few hours to pick it up. :yes:

As for brands, most major trailer brands will have them, but some only make them custom. So, while it may not be an option on their web site or common to find used, they do exists. 4-Star, Jamco, Hawk, Trail-et, and Adam are a few I have seen. Some may have been customs.

IrishWillow
May. 23, 2012, 02:53 PM
Haha, that's right where I am! Helps to narrow it by brand so I'm not shifting thru 100s of 2 horse slant loads!! I'm definitely willing to drive!

IrishWillow
May. 23, 2012, 02:57 PM
Never heard of Jamco?

Also found ones by Cimarron and Cherokee. Equispirit, etc. Sundowner seems to be offering a 777 model as well

jollytrak
May. 23, 2012, 08:20 PM
Eby makes fantastic trailers... including 2+1, don't see many listings for used. You could contact the Eby dealer and see what they have, same with the others listed above :)

good luck!!!

airhorse
May. 23, 2012, 09:22 PM
Jamco, best trailer out there.

jbonifas
May. 24, 2012, 05:19 PM
4 Star, Shadow, Elite all have dealers in Texas. I got a price on a Shadow 2 + 1 from Tom Lyons Trailer Sales and they have bested everyone on what I added. Google for their website and it has email under contact us.

Whitfield Farm Hanoverians
May. 24, 2012, 05:54 PM
I have to 2nd the Shadow trailers. Great prices, strong trailers, strong floors, standard fully insulated walls & ceilings. Nice & airy. Those I've seen have held up very well.

IrishWillow
May. 25, 2012, 12:59 AM
I'll look into Shadow! Thats also one I've not looked at yet...

Boomer
May. 27, 2012, 01:52 PM
I sent you a PM about a "balanced Ride" trailer owned by my trainer. It's located near Memphis, TN.

Fancy That
May. 27, 2012, 06:46 PM
Turnbow Trailers also has a 2+1. The owner has his personal one for sale - I have all the details if you want, PM me. I can't afford it but it is NICE!!!!!

TrueColours
May. 27, 2012, 09:14 PM
Check out Silver Star as well. I LOVE mine! Silver Star closed their doors a few years ago but there should be some available on the market used right now I would think

Out of curiosity, what price range are the nice use ones going for? Aluminum and steel?

I love the 2+1 configuration - wouldnt have anything else after having 2 of these in a row ... :)

Good luck in your search!

Whitfield Farm Hanoverians
May. 27, 2012, 11:13 PM
check out this site. Frank Dibella always seems to have a large selection of 2+1s. He has a 2006 & a 2007 4-star on the lot.
http://frankdibella.com/trailers_search

WinterSpringJr
May. 28, 2012, 06:39 PM
They seem pretty hard to find used! We contacted Equispirit about our 2001 2+1 for possible trade in/sale value about a week ago and were told (by the owner, who remembered building/selling our trailer 11 years ago :eek:!) that he cannot get enough used to sell to people looking! He said our trailer still has significantly more than 1/2 value of what we bought it for and that he has a list of people to contact that are looking, and thus it's likely he could sell it almost immediately :D

With that in mind, have you thought about contacting manufacturers/bigger sellers and asked that they call you if one becomes available? Then you may be able to get to it before it's even advertised.

InstigatorKate
May. 28, 2012, 06:59 PM
I have a Collin-Arndt 2+1