PDA

View Full Version : Navy or Antracite with Bright Red Chestnut

Trevelyan96
May. 23, 2012, 12:31 PM
I want to order my Pikeur Skarlett, but I can't decide whether I want plain or pinstripe, navy or anthracite. My horse is a bright copper chestnut with a huge blaze.

Pros for navy pinstripe - I'm very short and it might make me look slightly taller in the saddle. Cons: I haven't seen the pinstripe yet and don't want it if it looks too busy.

Pro's for Anthracite: I can get it with a black velvet collar and won't have to buy a new helmet.

Pro's for Navy: Looks good on a chestnut, is classic, and it would give me a good excuse to buy the new IRH Elite Equi helemet in Navy that I've been jonesing for, LOL.

Cons for Navy: I would have to buy a helmet to match. :D

If I get the solid anthracite, I will get the black mccrown collar. Navy pinstripe would come with the navy velvet. I don't like any of the mccrown collars that come with the solid navy jacket as I prefer a dark collar, but I guess I could go with the light grey?

I am usually never this indecisive, but this is one of those things that's been a long time coming, I plan to keep it forever, and it will be my only real dressage coat, so I want to do it right!

I briefly considered the chocolate as its my favorite color in jackets, but don't like the look with black tack and boots, and really can't afford to go out and get all new tack, brown boots, and a brown helmet. Maybe someday when I hit the lottery or convice Mr. Trevelyan to start keeping me in the style to which I would like to become accustomed. :D

joiedevie99
May. 23, 2012, 12:35 PM
I'd go solid anthracite as a first choice, and solid navy as a second.

SillyHorse
May. 23, 2012, 12:40 PM
We are turning into the H/J forum! :lol:

Trevelyan96
May. 23, 2012, 12:44 PM
We are turning into the H/J forum! :lol:

Possibly, but to some of us, spending a few hundred dollars on a coat is considered an investment, so what is wrong with wanting to do it right? If I wanted solid black, I wouldn't bother asking advice, but I don't. Why does that bother you so much that you take time to post just to be snide?

SillyHorse
May. 23, 2012, 12:50 PM
Wow, you're pretty defensive about a little joke. Sah-ree!

Trevelyan96
May. 23, 2012, 12:57 PM
Wow, you're pretty defensive about a little joke. Sah-ree!
My apologies as well. I'm trying really hard to switch from h/j to dressage and keep running into roadblocks of the intimidating elitist variety, so yes, I am becoming both discouraged and sensitive.

SillyHorse
May. 23, 2012, 01:06 PM
I'm sorry you're having a tough time. What kinds of roadblocks are you running into? I have generally found that dressage showing is much easier than hunter showing.

atr
May. 23, 2012, 03:07 PM
Navy, without a doubt, on a bright chestnut. It's also going to be a more flattering color for your skin.

dilligaff2
May. 23, 2012, 03:08 PM
Just as an aside--GET the IRH! I got one for my daughter last year and she LOVES it.

HCF
May. 23, 2012, 03:50 PM
I agree. Navy on a bright chestnut will be gorgeous. I just ordered the IRH, as well, in navy!! Can't wait until it gets here. :)

Ibex
May. 23, 2012, 03:54 PM
Navy, all the way!

I have a very Orange bay (seriously, chestnut with black points when she's all shed out) and I go cream breaches/stock with a dark navy jacket and matching dark navy saddle pad. I haven't sprung for a navy helmet. Yet. :lol:

honeylips
May. 23, 2012, 05:58 PM
I love navy on my bright chestnut. I even have new navy boots on their way now to complete my ensemble....

alto
May. 23, 2012, 06:00 PM
Don't know why there's any question about the appropriateness of this inquiry - this slightly old thread (https://chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262382)has some nice pictures from Pony Fixer :)

I really like the pinstripe (local shop had some gorgeous Iris Bayer coats with pinstripes) - it's definitely not loud! - the plain is nice too if that's what you prefer.

Just to confuse, I vote for the anthracite with navy(ish) colllar :lol: so you can still pick up the navy helmet if you like but also have the option of playing with the anthracite color.

honeylips
don't you dare not post photos as soon as they arrive!!!

Trevelyan96
May. 23, 2012, 06:36 PM
I love navy on my bright chestnut. I even have new navy boots on their way now to complete my ensemble....

Navy boots? Seriously, you can get those? Where? Another thing to put on my bucket list, LOL. :D

HCF
May. 23, 2012, 06:44 PM
(P.S. - My navy IRH came today. Looks smashing with my navy jacket. I heart it. :))

(P.S.S. - honeylips, I will need to see those navy boots, as well! They sound fab.)

honeylips
Jun. 1, 2012, 03:26 PM
The navy Cavallo boots arrived!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=466048833421664&set=a.100641433295741.1355.100000496538704&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=466048300088384&set=a.100641433295741.1355.100000496538704&type=1&theater

alto
Jun. 1, 2012, 06:10 PM
Stunning!!!