PDA

View Full Version : Time to order Chronicle caps!

Erin
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:28 AM
READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE ORDERING A HAT!

We have 150 hats available in this first batch. Please be considerate of your fellow BBers who aren't online all day, and just order one hat to start with. We have more hats on the way, and since shipping is included, it won't cost any more to place two orders.

I have not seen the hats, and I don't know what they look like. If you want to see a picture before you order, don't order yet. We'll have pictures, and more hats, soon.

If you are outside the U.S.... I'm sorry, but I'm going to suggest that you not order a hat right away. I was not able to get a definitive answer yesterday about shipping costs to Canada and overseas, and the Chronicle doesn't want to take your order without being able to give you an accurate total cost.

If you Canadians/foreigners are desperate for a hat right away, I'd suggest calling the office and speaking to Theresa, the receptionist, who can probably work something out for you. (Call 540-687-6341.) You can also take your chances and fill out the online form -- I'm sure the shipping cost will be reasonable, but I stress again that we have not decided what it will be.

Again, here are your hat choices:

A) A stonewashed hunter green hat with a tan suede bill for those who enjoy a two-tone look.

B) A solid-colored khaki hat of cotton twill, for those who want a traditional, cooler summer hat.

The Chronicle logo is embroidered on the front. The green hats have tan embroidery, and the khaki hats have green embroidery, from what I understand.

Cost is $15 apiece, and shipping is included within the U.S.

And now, without further ado, is the URL to order your hats /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

https://www.securehosting.com/SecureForms/sh101005/ushatform.html

Enjoy, and please say a big THANK YOU to the Chronicle and to Gofer for doing this. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If you encounter any problems with the form, let me know. You should receive a confirmation email when your order has been placed.

[This message was edited by Erin on Apr. 27, 2001 at 12:33 PM.]

Erin
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:28 AM
READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE ORDERING A HAT!

We have 150 hats available in this first batch. Please be considerate of your fellow BBers who aren't online all day, and just order one hat to start with. We have more hats on the way, and since shipping is included, it won't cost any more to place two orders.

I have not seen the hats, and I don't know what they look like. If you want to see a picture before you order, don't order yet. We'll have pictures, and more hats, soon.

If you are outside the U.S.... I'm sorry, but I'm going to suggest that you not order a hat right away. I was not able to get a definitive answer yesterday about shipping costs to Canada and overseas, and the Chronicle doesn't want to take your order without being able to give you an accurate total cost.

If you Canadians/foreigners are desperate for a hat right away, I'd suggest calling the office and speaking to Theresa, the receptionist, who can probably work something out for you. (Call 540-687-6341.) You can also take your chances and fill out the online form -- I'm sure the shipping cost will be reasonable, but I stress again that we have not decided what it will be.

Again, here are your hat choices:

A) A stonewashed hunter green hat with a tan suede bill for those who enjoy a two-tone look.

B) A solid-colored khaki hat of cotton twill, for those who want a traditional, cooler summer hat.

The Chronicle logo is embroidered on the front. The green hats have tan embroidery, and the khaki hats have green embroidery, from what I understand.

Cost is $15 apiece, and shipping is included within the U.S.

And now, without further ado, is the URL to order your hats /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

https://www.securehosting.com/SecureForms/sh101005/ushatform.html

Enjoy, and please say a big THANK YOU to the Chronicle and to Gofer for doing this. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If you encounter any problems with the form, let me know. You should receive a confirmation email when your order has been placed.

[This message was edited by Erin on Apr. 27, 2001 at 12:33 PM.]

Everythingbutwings
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:29 AM
Thank you!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SGray
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:31 AM
Thank you Erin, Thank you Gofer, Thank you COTH

Bumpkin
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:33 AM
Let us know when you do polo shirts!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

havaklu
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:34 AM
pleeez check your e-mail. /infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

jreventer
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:35 AM
Thank you!!! Can't wait to see pics of everyone wearing their new caps:)

"There are times when you can trust a horse, time when you can't, and times when you have to."

Jo
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:36 AM
Muhahahaha, I bolted to my car to get my credit card. Muhahahahaha.

Thanks COTH! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Wicky
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:36 AM
Hats off to you, Erin!

FirstCry
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:37 AM
Thank you!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Erin
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:37 AM
Poor havaklu is stuck behind a firewall...

If that happens to anyone else, you can call the Chronicle directly at 540-687-6341, or fax an order to 540-687-3937. Address faxes to Gloria Broy. If you call, Theresa the receptionist can probably help you.

Sleepy
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:38 AM
My order isn't going through.

Jreventer, does that mean I can look for you in your hat at Brookhill? /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

hoopoe
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:40 AM
Now if I could just get hold of Cookie and Custers FIRST book.

Big hug from me. I LOVE green hats!

A Splash of Color
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:41 AM
Thank you all!!

Now, how about a contest:

-photo of cap farthest from Middleburg, VA?

-photo of cap worn in most unusual place or circumstance?

-photo of cap bearing most screen names?

-photo of youngest/oldest wearer?

How about some more suggestions??

First prize could be a cap!!

/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Everythingbutwings
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> photo of cap worn in most unusual place or circumstance <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> That could be a very, very bad thing!

B.G.M. heidi
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:43 AM
Once again we Canadians are persecuted dammit!

Not only must we suffer through an exchange rate which prices the caps at $22 CDN, we now must sit and wait idly while the American BBers hog all the hats. /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

A Splash of Color
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:48 AM
In tribute to some of the more imaginative (and inventive!) screen personalties on this board, I'm ROFLMAO just thinking about the possibilities...! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by A Splash of Color on Apr. 27, 2001 at 12:55 PM.]

jreventer
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:48 AM
yep! As long as i get it before then I'll be wearing it...can't wait till next weekend, should be fun. I am carrying one of the flags in the opening ceremonies and was practicing last night...needless to say it was quite interesting. Sad thing was the three year w,t,c with the flag no problem but the eighteen yr old thought it would kill her...so now who do i take...the old "steady" mount or the one who could care less about the flag but is guarenteed to throw a few(or more) rodeo bucks for the hell of it? i'll see you there!

"There are times when you can trust a horse, time when you can't, and times when you have to."

Erin
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:49 AM
I'm sorry Heidi, I really tried to get the info! Gofer bought a house yesterday and is moving today, so she's rightfully a bit distracted.

We'll get the information just as soon as possible, I promise. Perhaps we can line the hats with flannel to assuage the wounded Canadian pride? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Don't get too mad at us... remember, we're new to the hat business. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Alan Greenspan
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:50 AM
Dearest Heidi,

Move South!

Sincerely,

Alan Greenspan, Ruler of the Universe and All Things Beyond

Sleepy
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:52 AM
Can't wait, I'll bring a camera. Maybe we'll be the first with pics. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And now that my cap's ordered, I'm off to lunch.

havaklu
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:54 AM
I about burst into tears when the dreaded "error" message appeared -

My Fax has been sent - hopefully there is paper in the COTH fax machine.

How's that for developing a contingency plan on short notice? DMK? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jair
Apr. 27, 2001, 09:58 AM
There will be none left for us Heidi! I just know it! /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

No hat for Jair /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

FirstCry
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:02 AM
If you know someone in the states, have them order it and they can ship it on up to u?

B.G.M. heidi
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:02 AM
Maybe we should both venture down to the dollar store Jair, buy ourselves a straw sombrero and plaster on a sticker which reads, COTHLESS.

I think they're just jealous of our universal health care, subsidized universities, and superior charm. Who wants hat head, anyway!

beameup
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:03 AM
usually i get everything in a snarl when i try to order things online but this was easy.

SoEasy
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:04 AM
let her order a cap /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

It won't let her play internet radio stations anymore, but it doesn't know the Chronicle site is equivalent to the evil empire ... shhhhhh DO NOT TELL!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Al Terigo
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:05 AM
How soon before we see one on eBay? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Erin
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:10 AM
25 orders so far... see, they may not sell out instantaneously. There will still be caps left for Jair and Heidi!

I will try very hard to get information on Canadian shipping ASAP!

Apr. 27, 2001, 10:11 AM
I did order 2, but the beast needs to be identified as well. I will give it up to the highest bidder.

Just Kidding!!! If anyone can't get one, and is bent about it, just email me, and I'll gladly send you hers--she and I can share for awhile...

B.G.M. heidi
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:27 AM
Silly Mommy, my hat-saviour! I'm sure beast child would be only too happy to forfeit her hat for her MIL. I'm gonna email you my address, you email me yours and I'll get a check to ya.

Though, must admit, I feel kinda bad taking a hat from a child...though, not badly enough. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Everythingbutwings
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:28 AM
Heidi and Jair get caps. Heidi lives closest to the equestrian venue so HEIDI gets to pick which cap!

/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jair
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:33 AM
oh she does, does she Wings?

But then, its not like Heidikins has any fashion sense, so I'm bound to get the nicer one anyways /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:33 AM
I love you Wingsy - and certainly more than Jair. You want the master bedroom when you venture down? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But wait, I don't have to wait until 2008 do I? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

DMK
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:35 AM
Hah! SoEasy has the wussiest firewall known to mankind!!!

havaklu, didn't I TELL you to bring your laptop to work? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif But I think we can work out a contingency plan if necessary /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DMK is safely ordered and taken care of. Now I can add it to the 800 other ballcaps I own and try to give equal time to /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif (don't want to show favoritism, you know)

Jair
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:36 AM
800 caps DMK?

What, do they have their own closet? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

msj
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:37 AM
Taking candy from a baby is bad enough but taking the hat off her head, allowing her to get exposed to all those nasty UV rays of the sun and the possibility of getting skin cancer... TSH TSH

I'll make certain to remind Jaime the next time I see her that someone from the great 'North Country' stole her hat. May you have 3' of snow this weekend.

Well, Ok that was a bit too severe even for hat swiping! Maybe only 2"!! LOL

msj

msj
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:40 AM
Actually, we don't get enough sunshine in NY to give a lab rat skin cancer!

msj

Coreene
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:40 AM
One of each. BUT - one is a GIFT, so I will pick the one I like best and give the other as said gift.

Beezer
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:44 AM
Beezer was bad. Beezer admits it. She ordered two! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif But she has a gallant excuse: One is for my and Merry's cousin, Katey, who posts here when she can get a break from her two kids and the, ahem, "upheavals" of her pregnancy. So is Beezer forgiven? It was a noble double-dipping! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And a big, hearty THANKS to Erin, Gofer, the COTH, the people who made the caps and everyone else who fulfilled our wildest dreams of getting our cool caps! /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Wicky
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:46 AM
One for Wicky, and one for the stepchild. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Melinda
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:46 AM
I'm wearing my new COTH hat at Rolex! It is tan with green lettering. ALSO - the hats have www.chronofhorse.com (http://www.chronofhorse.com) embroidered on the back - so they are very cool indeed!

I'll get Beth to take a picture so we can post it!

[This message was edited by Melinda on Apr. 27, 2001 at 01:52 PM.]

Canter
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:49 AM
Nice, Heidi and Jair are hogging the only 2 Canadian caps for themselves. I think I will join the Sea Urchin fan club after all.
This Canadian thing is starting to bum me out. Exchange rates and postage. No wonder we Canadians have a national inferiority complex! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

havaklu
Apr. 27, 2001, 10:50 AM
800 you say? I would estimate my collection at over 50 - but I'm NOT exagerating either... /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

msj
Apr. 27, 2001, 11:01 AM
Especially since this topic only came up a short time ago. Ordering process was easy and painless. First time on-line ordering - had to wait for a great item, ya know!!! Ok, so I'm really showing my age and computer illiteracy!

Now to get the upstate NY group together for a meeting of the greatest minds on the board. Ha Ha. Remember we have Dru!!!!

msj

Apr. 27, 2001, 11:02 AM
I just emailed Erin to the effect that if I got 2 hats (louise emailed me that she had "test driven" the order form, and it would only allow for one hat per person---hmmmm--maybe my alter(s) should order a few--jk), I would gladly send you one.

Nothing like kissing up to the Queen(and future MIL)--Erin will validate that I did so...

wtywmn4
Apr. 27, 2001, 11:04 AM
Ohhhhhh, thank you Erin! Can't wait to get it!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DMK
Apr. 27, 2001, 11:06 AM
Of course they have their own closet, Jair!! Silly boy!!

OK, havaklu - 800 is perhaps a wee exaggeration, but how many people do you know with 5 - count 'em - 5 DIFFERENT Hadfields hats?

Sleepy
Apr. 27, 2001, 11:09 AM
My gosh, I thought I was bad. I have about 50. Have to coordinate with the golf shorts, you know. And then there are the ones for horse shows, bumming around the lake, etc. Whenever I go on a trip, I pick up a new hat, like some people do with t-shirts. Mine do have their own closet, BTW. But 800!!! They'd have to have their own house! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Deb413
Apr. 27, 2001, 11:13 AM
Hay, first time ordering online for me, too /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
Is Ebay next? Now, to find the horse........ /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Deb413

havaklu
Apr. 27, 2001, 11:32 AM
but I probably have 10 different styles of GrandPrix hats and I don't even have a pair of paddocks by them anymore. I do have 2 Bevals though...

Unfortunately I can no longer hack in them - evil trainers insist on velveteen covered item of apparal at the bare minimum... /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

brilyntrip
Apr. 27, 2001, 11:41 AM
I was not a hat hog though I just ordered one!See I have manners !!I own a hat for very nice show I ever went to !! I collect them !!!I can't wait til it comes!!!!!

Smart Alec
Apr. 27, 2001, 12:29 PM
I just ordered mine too-can't wait for it now! Which one did you guys choose? I went for the green and tan combo /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DHenley
Apr. 27, 2001, 12:57 PM
Green & tan, too Smart Alec. My only other cap, my UVA cap is all khaki (with the required blue & orange), so I need some variety in my cap collection. Can't wait.

SGray
Apr. 27, 2001, 01:04 PM
now everyone promise not to whine at Erin or Gofer about how fast that they are delivered

a) they got them ready in record time

b) they are not charging us a delivery fee

Pocket Pony
Apr. 27, 2001, 01:27 PM
Thank you so much for making these hats - I can't wait to get it!!

Mazzy
Apr. 27, 2001, 01:31 PM
Thank you thank you thank you Gopher and Erin. I can feel my arm fixing so much faster now!!

Jair
Apr. 27, 2001, 01:54 PM
Good to hear that Mazzy! But where is my free hat? Hope you ordered it already /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Apr. 27, 2001, 01:58 PM
Aww, poor Jair, you're only getting one measly cap from MAZZY? She's getting me 47. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Louise
Apr. 27, 2001, 02:03 PM
I'm sorry Silly Mommy! I didn't mean that it wouldn't let me order more than one, I meant that somewhere along the line it was asked that we only order one, and I always obey reasonable requests.

Sigh, I am always the "good" one.

Jair
Apr. 27, 2001, 02:10 PM
Always the "good one" Louise?

I know differently, don't I? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha

(oh Heidi, will you cut it with the bribes? I'm sure Maz really needed that orange, raw silk knitted touque with matching thong and sports bra. I mean, as if she could get it on with a broken arm /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif )

B.G.M. heidi
Apr. 27, 2001, 02:23 PM
Hmmm, who agreed to send me a certain Hannoverian mare in return for an orange, raw silk knit thong and athletic strap. Could his name possibly have been, oh, let me see, JAIR?!?!?!

How many silk worms toiled harder than Diana Ross's hairdresser to spin the ten bolts of raw silk for the strap alone! Have you no compassion, no mercy, no feeling for the silk worms who laboured endlessly just so that you could be properly supported?

Jair
Apr. 27, 2001, 02:37 PM
Heidi,

Its obvious to everyone that you have a very intimate knowledge about me. For how else you could know that I required the XXXXXXXXXXL size? /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Really, I'd appreciate it if you kept our torrid, erotic and downright exotic affair off the BB.

Alice doens't like you anymore either /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif She wants to go live at ETBW's new barn.

LucianCephus
Apr. 27, 2001, 02:43 PM
I just ordered mine, but notice the post had been viewed over 800 times. Oh, well, I'll still love it when it arrives!

Erin
Apr. 27, 2001, 02:54 PM
Nope, we should still have lots left. At last count, there had been about 55 orders. Assuming not everyone was a HAT HOG and didn't order 10 hats, there should still be plenty left. And more hats are coming -- if you place an order, we'll make sure to get you a hat.

Heidi and Jair... don't make me turn a hose on you two. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jair
Apr. 27, 2001, 03:05 PM
you never know, we might like that Erin /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Apr. 27, 2001, 03:26 PM
I'm feeling so Sonny and Cher, so Steve and Edie, and a tad Tom and Nicole before the break-up; but mostly, I'm feeling like Fonzie and Pinky Trocadero.

What most distinguishes Jair and I, though, from all of these famed couples is....COTH caps (!!), ordered for us by ETBW who cares most about her friends who live near the 2008 Olympic Games' equestrian venue, but otherwise overlooked by Erin.

Everythingbutwings
Apr. 27, 2001, 03:46 PM
Just because I was bright enough to call ahead and place an advance order for one of each for ME and (Hmmm, Mr. Wings or Winglet? - Winglet is annoying but Mr. Wings took it upon himself to incorrectly measure out MADDIE'S FEED! )

Following up with the Mom trick of silencing the pitiful, heart wrenching cries of Heidi and Jair by ordering another two caps on line (you know I was dying to use the "specially made for us by Erin" form).

Please, oh, please, Cap vendors, send me ALL four caps, I daren't disapoint those whose favors I am pandering and will be EXTREMELY unhappy to find myself explaining to Miss Maddie if I fail to appear properly adorned for her next photo opp! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kellybird
Apr. 27, 2001, 03:55 PM
Well, I figure that since dad gave me the Visa to register for the Chem SAT online, and that registration is taking FOREVER....maybe I'll just mosey on over and buy myself a cap...he did ask if I wanted one /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Now for the tough fashion decisions...green or khaki?

heidi...if I send you a cap can I come watch the Olympics with ETBW? I promise to entertain the sumo-toddler and clean up the table after meals? I do my own laundry [and others' laundry when asked]? Please? Please please please? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

KBird...reiner-in of the JR Clique. It's a thankless job. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Everythingbutwings
Apr. 27, 2001, 04:10 PM
Do you clean tack? Chem SAT? Oh reiner in of the JR clique, Do you have any influence over the Winglet? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jair
Apr. 27, 2001, 04:20 PM
Yes, the extraordinary, kind and motherly Canadian-Patriot-At-Large, Everythingbutwings has come to Heidi and mine's rescue and bought us our COTH hats!

Wings Rules!

(and we didn't even have to bribe her!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

A cap for Jair! A cap for Jair and Heidi!! tra la la lalala ... I'm so happy! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Everythingbutwings
Apr. 27, 2001, 05:30 PM
I fell to their combined Canuck guilt trip sorrow. Now Grizzles is looking at me "Can I wear MY cap in the RV this weekend?"

Poor Grizzles, no cap for sweet doggy, no weekend trip in the RV. WHAT? GGRRRR!!!

That can't be my sweet Grizzles! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Apr. 27, 2001, 05:41 PM
Better you as babysitter for my precious Sumo than LearningtoLevitateJumpTheMaggotOolaBoola. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Though, let me do some mental math - in 2008, assuming we get the Olympics, Sumo will be 10, hopefully out of diapers, and thus should be a breeze. I will, of course, only reach my 28th birthday that year.

Shall have to buy a new mansion for the occassion with a wing per person; and a washing machine in Kellybird's. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Wings I do hope you drive on down for a visit before 2008, though.

Everythingbutwings
Apr. 27, 2001, 05:52 PM
Go straight North, pass Niagara Falls by 60 miles and stop. Toronto is outside the window /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

(One can tell reliably that you are there due to the sparkling clean streets with the flower boxes down the center and the fluffy black squirrels EVERYWHERE)

Kellybird
Apr. 27, 2001, 07:15 PM
I do clean tack...very well I might add. I spitshine field boots--even do the tongues under the laces and can get the scurf out of the split between upper and sole...I am quite all-purpose. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif And actually, I have spoken with the Winglet via instant messenger--shall I instruct him as to how to wash his own clothes? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And unfortunately, yes, the Chem SAT. I'm only in 10th grade--I'm too young to die! This is what I get for taking honors and AP classes. Oh well, some college somewhere had better appreciate what I'm doing. Stanford, Stanford, are you listening?

heidi--might I possibly get a washer and 2 dryers in my wing of the castle...makes everything go sooo much quicker, and well, who likes horse hair in their [mashine washable] toques and/or thongs? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
<and you may want to readjust your math calculations...if you would turn 28 in ten years...well, let's just say you would've had your child before I get my driving permit. Just doing a little too much mental math here. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif >

KBird...reiner-in of the JR Clique. It's a thankless job. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Erin
Apr. 27, 2001, 07:28 PM
Oh yes, now that the order form is safely online, I can share the story of ETBW's deviousness... she's been taking lessons from those tricky Canadians, methinks.

Bright little Ms. ETBW calls up the Chronicle yesterday, and asks for Gofer. Now, the real Gofer is Tricia's JRT, so sweet Theresa the receptionist was rightfully a bit confused. "He's not here today," she replied politely, probably wondering what kook was calling for a dog.

So ETBW proceeded to try to wrest the cap information from Theresa, who, like a good secret agent, was able to feign ignorance and keep the hat info under her hat.

(Okay, in reality, Theresa had no idea what ETBW was talking about... the hats hadn't arrived yet, and she didn't know they existed!)

But being the nice lady that she is, Theresa dutifully took down ETBW's credit card number and shipping information, and promised to send a hat off as soon as they were unpacked.

So, thanks to her quick thinking and investigative skills, Ms. ETBW was the very first orderer of a COTH Cap! For your award, you get... well, a COTH cap. Imagine that. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Oh! And did I mention she tried to bribe Gofer to have her hat sent first, and NOT to the Winglet! /infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Those Virginians sure are tricky...

/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

[This message was edited by Erin on Apr. 27, 2001 at 10:42 PM.]

B.G.M. heidi
Apr. 27, 2001, 08:03 PM
ROTFLMAO! Wingsy, you are my new hero, you crafty thing you! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Reginapony
Apr. 27, 2001, 08:36 PM
Thank you for the hat! I will wear it to the Hampton Classic, if I can bum a ride, and a promise of a seat in the shade!

Chief2
Apr. 28, 2001, 08:36 AM
Thank you, Erin! I just ordered my hat! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Everythingbutwings
Apr. 28, 2001, 11:37 AM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

baymare
Apr. 28, 2001, 11:47 AM
I can't believe it... almost 47 years old and a groupie for the very first time... /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Erin
Apr. 29, 2001, 12:45 PM
So far, 77 orders placed! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (Yep, the Chronicle is definitely going to hate me...)

Assuming most people only ordered one hat, there should still be some left for the people who haven't been able to order yet. And if the hats at Rolex didn't sell out, those will be available as well.

I'll try to get a progress report from Tricia on Monday, and find out when we'll be getting the second shipment of hats, so those of you who wanted more than one will be able to order again. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Hopefully we'll also be able to set up Canadian/overseas order forms next week.

Thanks for everyone's enthusiasm! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JumpTheMoon
Apr. 29, 2001, 01:19 PM
"Better you as babysitter for my precious Sumo than LearningtoLevitateJumpTheMaggotOolaBoola."

What are you trying to say? That I am a bad influence on Sumokinns? Sorry heidi, but sumo already loves me. He has asked for me to live with him when you and Hansthing go away on trips. He even asked me to be his big sister, because i'm the only one who will gladly clean up his diapers if he eats my broccoli and tofu for me. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif And I clean tack, do laundry, babysit, do the dishes, walk the dog, give daily massages and bring my dear mommy breakfast in bed. But since Kelly is now your oh-so perfect daughter-to-be ( /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif ) I will take my services elsewhere to someone who appreciates them! /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif Watch your back when walking around at bolton heidi, I wouldn't want anyone to accidentally run you over with their horse or anything like that...

So anyone wanna adopt a daughter? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kellybird
Apr. 29, 2001, 01:38 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Who wants breakfast in bed....when I bring heidi large bowls of Cherry Garcia/Phish Food/flavor of the moment to her TV chair...vaccuum, clear and set tables, set fences for out-of-lesson lessons-lol, pay for 1/2 of all my riding gear [aside from show things], provide hints on the Sunday NY Times crossword puzzles--or whatever the Canadian equivalent might be, I can adjust my spelling to suit the northern tongue--theatre, labour....and well, I'm about heidi's size, so I will share my Armani and Blahniks /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif etc.

I am just special, what can I say? /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

JumpTheMoon
Apr. 29, 2001, 01:44 PM
Well i'll bring her breakfast (ie: whatever the hell she wants at that given moment) in bed, lunch in the back-massaging arm chair I buy her and dinner wherever she pleases, I pay for most of my showing and some of my barn stuff, and since i'm just a tiny bit taller and younger than she is, ill buy her all new clothes/shows/accessories and whatever she wishes since mine won't fit her. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Actually no...this is to the mom who adopts me. Heidi already had her chance but she blew it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'm not good enough apparantly. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Apr. 29, 2001, 06:29 PM
Darling Kellybird, it has been my observation that the vertically-challenged cannot wear Armani. Thusly, I have invested in Montana, Romeo Gigli, Issey Miake, and Price Roman, a local T.O. designer. As for Manolos, darling I have a size four foot. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

ljo
Apr. 29, 2001, 07:11 PM
nobody has a size 4 foot

JumpTheMoon
Apr. 29, 2001, 07:14 PM
Except for heidi /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by Erin on Apr. 30, 2001 at 10:51 AM.]

Portia
May. 1, 2001, 09:00 AM
When I arrived at Rolex on Thursday afternoon, I went to the COTH booth in the Trade Fair. No caps. And the Two COTH women staffers there had no idea about any caps, and looked at me strangely when I said "Gofer was supposed to have them," undoubtedly wondering why Tricia's dog should have responsibility for COTH caps. They said in that semi-puzzled, semi-pitying way, "this must have something to do with the web site," and turned to Rob, the publisher. Thankfully, he did know about the caps, so I was not reported to security as a potential nut case.

Sure enough, when I came back an hour later after scouting the trade fair further, the caps were there, $15 each, and I got my green and tan one. So you see, while I already have my cap, you all save money because shipping is included in your $15. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I wore my cap the next day, and Robby Johnson recognized me because of it. So I have the honor (or honour for our Canadian friends) of being the first BBer found by another BBer through wearing the COTH cap. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by Portia on May. 01, 2001 at 01:03 PM.]

SGray
May. 1, 2001, 09:50 AM
and was there a monogrammer at the trade fair so that you could have your screen-name added? great big letters "PORTIA"

Everythingbutwings
May. 1, 2001, 09:54 AM
Did you not have an official paparazzi style ETBW there to record the scene to share with us? /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

SGray
May. 1, 2001, 09:57 AM
oh ETBW beat me to it

as I recall, Erin promised us pictures long ago

surely Erin is not going back on a promise!

Erin
May. 1, 2001, 10:08 AM
Hey, go bug Melinda... she not only was able to go to Rolex, but already has her COTH cap! (Of course, if all my beasties weren't puncturing themselves on things and coughing up gobs of stuff, I'd have been there too, but that's a whole 'nother thread...)

Melinda had to drive back from Ky., but maybe she managed to snap some good pix. If nothing else, I'll get Gofer to take some photos of the hats so everyone can see what they ordered. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SGray
May. 1, 2001, 10:14 AM
well - long ago = 4 days ago

seems like a long time though

thanks E

May. 1, 2001, 10:24 AM
We Want Pictures!
We Want Pictures!!!!!!!

Would you buy a horse sight unseen? Those of us who willingly bought these caps, would like to know what to expect in the mail.

/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Erin
May. 1, 2001, 10:29 AM
Hey, we have your credit card numbers... you can beg all you want, we're already on the way to the bank! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Just kidding... will see what can be done about pictures. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Quinn
May. 1, 2001, 10:50 AM
Hey Erin:

Any news for the poor northern neighbours? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DMK
May. 1, 2001, 10:58 AM
Hey Erin - don't think you are getting too far on MY credit card - that was the "horse show" one... it lives close to the "danger zone" /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Erin
May. 1, 2001, 11:07 AM
As soon as Erin finishes her epic on swimming with dolphins (which should have been finished, erm, about 4 hours ago), she will try to track down a hat status report. Patience, please. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Beezer
May. 1, 2001, 11:15 AM
OK. So I ordered the first day. I bought sight-unseen, because I TRUST my cyber-friends at COTH.

Which leaves me with just one question:

Have mine been mailed yet? How did you ship them? WHEN AM I GONNA GET MINE???

Oh. So OK. That was THREE questions. Can you tell I'm anxiously awaiting my cap and Katey's?? /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Erin
May. 1, 2001, 12:36 PM
Hat update!

Orders will start shipping out tomorrow via first class mail. (Which means you'll get them faster than your Chronicles! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

Gofer says she will try to get a hat photo tomorrow. They're busy with post-Kentucky madness in Middleburg today.

I will try to get forms for Canadian/overseas BBers online by the end of the week, once someone finally tells me what the shipping costs will be.

And for those of you who called the Chronicle or visited the Rolex booth and asked for Gofer (ahem... that would be ETBW and Portia!), here's who would have responded...

[This message was edited by Erin on May. 01, 2001 at 04:02 PM.]

Everythingbutwings
May. 1, 2001, 04:51 PM
He's cute, put him on the payroll! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Beezer
May. 1, 2001, 06:11 PM
Maybe Gofer could deliver our hats!!

Notice how I am not moaning about the delay between the ordering and the sending of the hats. I know the COTH folks had a busy, busy, busy few days. No, not moaning. No moaning here. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

B.G.M. heidi
May. 1, 2001, 06:13 PM
Beezer, you trying to wrest away DMK's COTH BB Nobel Peace Prize with this feigned patience and understanding?

Erin
May. 1, 2001, 06:19 PM
Hmm...

Hat form went online Friday at noon.

By Monday, around 70 or 80 orders had been placed... had to be printed out, credit card numbers run through, etc.

Tuesday, hats are being packed into mailing envelopes by the Chronicle's lovely intern.

Wednesday, hats go in the mail at the Middleburg Post Office.

I think that's pretty darn good service! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

If anyone wants Gofer to deliver a hat, it'll take an extra year or so... he'll get around to it in his own sweet time. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ljo
May. 1, 2001, 06:32 PM
Oh.........I'm in love with Gofer

Merry
May. 1, 2001, 06:39 PM
Could he possibly have a thyroid problem? I mean, no offense, but he kind of looks like Barbara Bush with those eyes.

Not that Gofer isn't a wonderful little JRT, and holds a striking resemblence to my sister's wanton terrorist, Maori Jones, aka "Devil Dog". /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

K Spade
May. 1, 2001, 06:56 PM
How much does Gofer cost?! I wanna order him!

Kels

*Princess Kelsey*

Tricia Booker
May. 2, 2001, 06:43 AM
Gofer just happens to be, well, how do you say it, a HYBRID JRT. Don't tell him I revealed his secret, but his mother, bless her little soul (who had 11 puppies in his litter!) may, just may, have had some "South of the Border" blood running through her veins. Gofer claims to be a full-blooded JRT, but sometimes I wonder because he seems to have a true affinity for Taco Bell.

SGray
May. 2, 2001, 06:52 AM
re

Hat form went online Friday at noon.

By Monday, around 70 or 80 orders had been placed... had to be printed out, credit card numbers run through, etc.

Tuesday, hats are being packed into mailing envelopes by the Chronicle's lovely intern.

Wednesday, hats go in the mail at the Middleburg Post Office.

DAMN FINE SERVICE

better than many commercial sales entities

- and now we are at the mercy of the post office

{now for myself, it is a good thing that they are coming via US mail - delivery services tend to like to drop packages inside the second gate, which to my puppy means that they are delivering a chew toy for him - better that my cap is left in the mailbox}

Portia
May. 2, 2001, 07:52 AM
Now if darling Gofer (the real one) had been at the COTH booth at Rolex, they would have gotten much more traffic than they did just by showing those videos and having a nice couch to sit on. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Quinn
May. 2, 2001, 07:58 AM
Any news yet on Canadian shipping costs etc? Not meaning to be pushy but just to let you know, our credit cards work equally well!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Erin
May. 2, 2001, 08:06 AM
Yep, Quinn, I got the go-ahead to do order forms for Canadian/overseas orders... I just have to find time to do it! (Tuesday is deadline day and I've been slaving over my swimming-with-dolphins epic. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif )

Since I guess shipping costs will depend on where exactly you live, what we're going to do is take your orders and give you the option to be emailed with the actual shipping cost before your credit card is charged. (It will just be the shipping cost -- no handling fee or anything.)

I don't think I'll have time to do the forms tonight, but hopefully tomorrow. You can expect to be able to order by Friday. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And for anyone who missed my post yesterday, if you wanted more hats than you ordered the first time around, you're welcome to go ahead and order to your heart's desire! They brought lots of hats back from Rolex, and if those run out, they'll just order more.

Everythingbutwings
May. 2, 2001, 08:24 AM
I requested two over the telephone and two from the on-line form. Only ONE is for ME! Because I am such a nice person I ordered an additional Cap for Heidi,Jair and my SO (be it Mr. Wings or the Winglet, whoever is non-annoying) /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Will I get all four caps (two of each color) or do I need to reorder? Oh the pain. I have outsmarted myself once again. :sad:

Drat the lack of that smilie!

Erin
May. 2, 2001, 08:29 AM
There is no Chronicle Hat Hog Enforcer, ETBW. I only asked that people not order more than one hat out of courtesy, to be sure they didn't all disappear immediately. I should have said one hat PER PERSON... that's what I meant. Anyway, we have plenty of hats to go around, so it's all good. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

(I actually find it funny that so many people have emailed me and apologized for ordering more than one, explaining in detail who the extras were for. You all are very sweet! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

DMK
May. 2, 2001, 08:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Beezer, you trying to wrest away DMK's COTH BB Nobel Peace Prize with this feigned patience and understanding? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Heidi... snif... someone needs to keep the riff raff away from my award.

DMK putters off into the shrine and mutters "here Nobel sweetikins, let mommikins dust and shine you again..."

Beezer
May. 2, 2001, 02:35 PM
DMK, I learned my lesson in my battle with Heidi over Merry's crown ... I do not try to wrest anything away from anyone anymore... except Merry. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif But *sigh* ... I DO so want some kinda prize. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Beezer stalks her mailbox, restless in her anticipation of the COTH hat delivery. She peers into the deep recesses ... DANG, NO HAT. She wanders away ... only to circle immediately back, thinking, maybe I missed it? Maybe the mail hasn't come yet?? DANG! NO HAT! She walks away, dejected. But then she brightens. For she realizes that tomorrow is another day!

SGray
May. 2, 2001, 02:56 PM
Beezer, the safest thing for you to do would be just to stay out there by the mailbox until the cap arrives

havaklu
May. 2, 2001, 03:17 PM
I'll have mine in time for KY - AND the first stop will be Personalized Products so I can have my SN embroidered on it.

Where shoudl the embroidery go - I thought somewhere it said the back was already taken with www.chronofhorse.com (http://www.chronofhorse.com)

Portia
May. 2, 2001, 07:56 PM
As I sit here, hat in hand, /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif the back does have the COTH addy embroidered in an arc over the pony tail opening. However, there should be room for board names above that. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

havaklu
May. 2, 2001, 08:40 PM
BB'ers should embroider above the COTH logo on the back?

Or could it be done on the "near" side?

preferences? anyone? buehler?

A Splash of Color
May. 3, 2001, 02:34 AM
The near side is nice....

Everythingbutwings
May. 3, 2001, 04:10 AM
No Fair TAUNTING US!

/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

daytimedrama
May. 6, 2001, 07:52 PM
pictures yet?

~Christina~
"Chaos is what killed the dinosaurs, Darling!" JD;Heathers

DMK
May. 7, 2001, 03:19 PM
havaklu, maybe I was the only one that got that reference, but I believe it is "bueller" /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif (as in Ferris, for the rest of you folks /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

Everythingbutwings
Jul. 13, 2001, 08:57 AM
I am bumping this back up.

Those of you who are only now getting around to ordering a cap must know of the agony we suffered to be in the first batch!

BTW: Mr.Wings and ETBW's caps are embroidered on the NEAR side! The vendors at Upperville put up a fuss but Mr. Wings gave them what for /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Erin
Jul. 13, 2001, 09:05 AM
Wow, ETBW, I should make you a BB Guide for your efforts. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Now can you dig up the old photos too?? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And for the Canadians who missed it the first time around, you CAN order hats now! Email me for more info.

Cactuskate
Jul. 13, 2001, 09:10 AM
I would like to report that I ordered my hat a few weeks ago and it came very quickly. Of course I don't wear it much as I have naturally curly, short hair and we are talking serious hat hair!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

But I will have a photo to share when I get my film developed. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

"The older I get, the better I used to be."

Everythingbutwings
Jul. 13, 2001, 09:11 AM
Cap pics from Mr. Wings (http://chronofhorse.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic/s/691099205/a/ga/ul/3310952612/2caps.jpg)

Several BBers have posted them,too.

Other fun cap related threads:

How long did it take you to get your cap? (http://chronofhorse.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=691099205&f=1970907951&m=4480920912&r=6850954222#6850954222)

Dublin's cap (http://chronofhorse.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic/s/691099205/a/ga/ul/6640903262/multnhat.jpg)

Jair and his handsome COTH cap (http://chronofhorse.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=691099205&f=1970907951&m=3320920422&r=5630983422#5630983422)

The race out west (http://chronofhorse.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=691099205&f=1970907951&m=4760971612&p=1)

Jo
Jul. 13, 2001, 09:16 AM
Awww, thanks for posting the link to my "how long did it take" thread. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ok -- stupid question of the day. What do you mean the NEAR side of the cap? Heaven forbid I should get it embroidered on the wrong place should I ever find my cap.

Everythingbutwings
Jul. 13, 2001, 10:19 AM
The "Near" side is the left side of the horse. That is the side that everyone sees as you drive by wearing your wonderful Cap!

HN73
Jul. 13, 2001, 10:53 AM
OH SH*T...

I totally forgot I have some picture from Hawaii in my COTH cap.

Where's that scanner? Soon, I promise...