PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on this drag harrow/frame

SLW
May. 21, 2012, 09:06 AM
I've been researching drag harrows for awhile and have held back because it seems like it's a "only move forward" implement. I found this gem late last week and it make sense to me. Anyone with implement experience care to chime in on pro's and con's of this? We need to drag our driveway, paddocks and small riding ring. Being able to raise and lower it with the frame is the huge attraction to me.

http://www.wingfields.com/dragharrow.htm

tangledweb
May. 21, 2012, 03:47 PM
They look pretty decent for what they are ... but I thought the only advantage of a chain harrow was price. If you are paying $800 - $1400 I'd think you could look at harrow types that cut into the ground more.

Even on its most aggressive direction an unweighted chain harrow is only going to glance over the surface of a hard driveway.

SLW
May. 21, 2012, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the info. I want it to dethatch my paddocks, break down poop piles and yes, to drag the driveway. It has a 30 day return period so I went ahead and ordered it. If I need to really break up the ground I use my box blade with the teeth on the lowest setting.