PDA

View Full Version : Color Stripe down the middle of the GPA...

Tripleoxer
Oct. 20, 2002, 10:22 PM
They must be the pommel pad replacement... I don't agree with the stripe down the middle of the GPA's. It is way TACKY for the hunter and EQ ring. I mean.... really.....clones to tell the judge that you ride with a certain trainer!!! Geesh, what next jewelry down your boots?

[This message was edited by Tripleoxer on Oct. 21, 2002 at 01:47 AM.]

Tripleoxer
Oct. 20, 2002, 10:22 PM
They must be the pommel pad replacement... I don't agree with the stripe down the middle of the GPA's. It is way TACKY for the hunter and EQ ring. I mean.... really.....clones to tell the judge that you ride with a certain trainer!!! Geesh, what next jewelry down your boots?

[This message was edited by Tripleoxer on Oct. 21, 2002 at 01:47 AM.]

Kachoo
Oct. 20, 2002, 10:32 PM
Are you just talking about how the stripe doesn't match the rest of the helmet or about how you can now order the hats with stripes of assorted colors? I can see why it might not be embraced too enthusiastically in the hunter/eq. rings, but as far as the jumpers (and let me tell ya, many of us just LOVE the notion of being delightfully tacky /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) go, I think they're a good avenue for expressing a little individuality. Rodrigo Pessoa's features the Brazilian flag, and a couple of friends of mine from Malaysia have the Malaysian colors on theirs. I'm too lazy to do it myself, but for those who are willing to, more power to ya /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Cheers,
Susie
http://www.kachoom.com

"That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!" ~Homer Simpson

Tripleoxer
Oct. 20, 2002, 10:41 PM
Don't get me wrong... There is a place for everything and I must say that the jumper ring is the place. I DO like the individuality of the stripe, but only for the jumper ring. I think that the hunter and EQ rings must display a certain degree of DICIPLINE as a "respect" to the origin of the sport.

SaratogaSummer2001
Oct. 20, 2002, 10:49 PM
You can order a noxious colored stripe on your hat?! Oh wow.. Must.. fight.. urge.. to be.. tackier!!

(I will not order a bright green stripe. I will not order a bright green stripe. I will not...)

"Now, honey, you don't know him well enough to control him yet.."

Jamie Taylor
Oct. 20, 2002, 10:56 PM
I have the "tacky" stripe down the middle of my helmet. When Frank came and judged during USET finals he asked if he could stripe mine for indoors. It is not even close to being noticable when you are going around...believe me, I'm quite picky and this doesn't bother me at all. I know that a lot of very well respected trainers loved it, I don't see it to be a problem at all.

"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive." - Van Wilder
"You can pick your nose and pick your friends, but you can't wipe your friends on the couch."

Kachoo
Oct. 21, 2002, 12:19 AM
Oh yes, it's true! It is a dark day for traditionalists everywhere /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Cheers,
Susie

"That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!" ~Homer Simpson

Therese
Oct. 21, 2002, 01:54 AM
I want to see pictures!!!! Stuck out here and no TV of note.

Yes, I can see hunter riders being a bit "disturbed" by a colored stripe, but for jumpers...do the eventers know about this?

...now what color do I want??? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

"I love deadlines." "I love the swooooshing sound they make as they fly by!" -Douglas Adams

achcosuva
Oct. 21, 2002, 03:42 AM
I want pictures, too! So, you can just order them in any color you want? For example, my cross-country colors are purple and yellow (or, at least, they were, we'll see if they match my new horse once I find him). Can I get a purple-and-yellow checked design on the stripe? I have the neatest polo-wraps that are like that and am dying for a saddle pad to match, but I can only find blue-and-yellow checks. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif But I might settle for a hat with it on it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

-Anne, the sister of a PrettyFilly and searching for the PerfectHorse-
"I'm not insane...I just compartmentalize!"

Indy
Oct. 21, 2002, 04:59 AM
On the front page of Towerheads today, there's a picture of Beezie Madden with a red stripe down her GPA.
It's an interesting fashion statement, but I don't think I'd like to see it in the hunters/eq. But for the jumpers and for international competitions, it could be a fun way to show your countries colors.

GeddiupGirl
Oct. 21, 2002, 06:01 AM
The colored stripe is VERY noticable in the hunter ring! Saw lots of it at PNHS in the Juniors and it really sticks out. So funny to see these kids in all their formal attire and then have a bright red stipe down the center of their head. I think the colors need to stay out of the hunter and eq. classes too!

Just My Size
Wintarra Ring
Tazz
Calvin
Macallan

Court@HJ-OH
Oct. 21, 2002, 06:13 AM
I defiently think that for a lot of people it is simply used as a way to broadcast who you train with. From what I have seen people from each barn have a single design. Jumpers fine. But then their is me who is still a die hard black velvet fan!

**Courtney**
"THE QUEEN OF LEAN!" My trainer!

"I may not agree with what someone has to say, but I will die for their right to say it" every American

VTrider
Oct. 21, 2002, 06:20 AM
the kids should take white out and write what their horse cost down the front of the stripe /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Bumpkin
Oct. 21, 2002, 06:28 AM
The coloured stirpe reminds me of the covers you can purchase for your cell phone /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Not very Huntery to moi, but I also like individuality.....such a conflict!!! LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Tobi
Oct. 21, 2002, 06:38 AM
my trainer had frank put gray and burgundy stripes on my gpa at capital challenge. i love them!!

given that the trainers are usually at the in gate, and big $$ horses are usually well known by their names alone, i'm not sure how adding colors to the stripe on your hat will make a big difference in the pinning.

hmmm, maybe i should have had beacon hill colors put on my hat and maybe the judges would think i rode there??

LaurieB
Oct. 21, 2002, 06:55 AM
I don't mind the individuality part, and I'm all for a little extra color. But since I haven't seen these stripes in person, I went to Towerheads to check what it looks like. Is it just me, or does Beezie Madden's hat look like it's bleeding? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Medievalist
Oct. 21, 2002, 07:06 AM
Very odd. Does it just snap on? Or do you have to order a whole new helmet?

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
Check out my barn's site:
Centre Equestre de la Houssaye (http://www.eii.fr/club/houssaye)
Comment est-ce qu'on dit <quiche> en anglais? Mapi LaJoux

Kachoo
Oct. 21, 2002, 08:12 AM
As it turns out, it's really bloody hard to find a picture of Rodrigo Pessoa in his stupid Brazilian flag GPA /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif!!! Anyway:

A photo by Arnd Bronkhorst of Rodrigo in Jerez, wearing The Hat. It's tough to see, but you get the idea. (http://www.arnd.nl:591/archief_abf/FMPro?-db=archieab.fp5&-format=record%5fdetail.htm&-lay=zoekpagina&-sortfield=Dianummer%5f4%5fcijfers&-sortorder=descend&-op=cn&Meerdere%20personen=Rodrigo%20Pessoa&-op=eq&Jaar=2002&-max=10&-recid=12741564&-find=) And boy, does anyone else think Baloubet's looking really cooperative that day?

A newsreel photo of my friend Qabil, who takes special delight in the garish, and his GPA. The colors of his family's barn, in case you couldn't tell, are yellow and black. (http://equestrian.com.my/news_image.php?i=511,a760,03e7dd)

Cheers,
Susie

SaratogaSummer2001
Oct. 21, 2002, 08:18 AM
I could be all over this one. It is so tempting to take a bottle of paint to my old GPA - I mean, really, what could it hurt? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif (that's supposed to be an evil smiley, if you couldn't tell). How sweet could this be?!

Atypical
Oct. 21, 2002, 08:20 AM
Yeah, not in the hunter ring, but then I'm a traditionalist. Note my very conservative black velvet helmet. But jumpers? How cool is that!!!!???

hifi
Oct. 21, 2002, 08:32 AM
Are they that loud in the hunter ring, Jamie do you have a picture of yours?

Poindexter, may he rest in peace.
www.melodicfarms.com (http://www.melodicfarms.com)
www.touchdownfarms.com (http://www.touchdownfarms.com)

GeddiupGirl
Oct. 21, 2002, 08:34 AM
Someone at PNHS had on a hunter green shadbelly, was riding a dark bay horse, and then...her GPA had a RED METALLIC stripe, under those lights it was BAD!

Just My Size
Wintarra Ring
Tazz
Calvin
Macallan

Jamie Taylor
Oct. 21, 2002, 09:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bachelor #1 and Bachelor #2:
Someone at PNHS had on a hunter green shadbelly, was riding a dark bay horse, and then...her GPA had a RED METALLIC stripe, under those lights it was BAD!

Just My Size
Wintarra Ring
Tazz
Calvin
Macallan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was riding a junior hunter....a light bay mare with my green shadbelly and I have my barn colors of red and blue....and the main stripe is a shiny red...I hope you aren't talking about me /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif I don't really mind the look, I mean the GPA looks odd enough in the hunter ring...and not to mention it's not like you look and only see the color, in fact a lot of people didn't notice when I got it until I pointed it out.

"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive." - Van Wilder
"You can pick your nose and pick your friends, but you can't wipe your friends on the couch."

GeddiupGirl
Oct. 21, 2002, 10:34 AM
I saw you...not talking about you! This one is way brighter than your red! BTW...LOVE your horse!!

Just My Size
Wintarra Ring
Tazz
Calvin
Macallan

Z
Oct. 21, 2002, 10:43 AM
I love them. Screw traditionalism. This whole sport has gotten so far away from what it is intended, that I don't think we can scream traditionalism when something different comes out.

No one hunting puts 45 small braids in their horse's mane. No fox hunting person would put an 8 year old in a shadbelly with jodphurs on. No fox hunting person would pay 200,000 dollars for a horse who could die on the way to your barn.

Z

VTrider
Oct. 21, 2002, 10:47 AM
I feel bad enough for those kids to have to wear those hideous helmets in the first place - let the kids dress them up however they see fit. I'd say half of the kids in the Maclay yesterday had their stripe decorated. Looks fine for juniors IMO. Adults, well - um - maybe in the jumpers.

Chrissy
Oct. 21, 2002, 10:50 AM
And as they are becoming more and more popular by the SECOND, I don't see the color stripe going the way of the crochet pommel pad. (is that what you were talking about LoL?) I love the GPA's just because they are APPROVED. And thats about it!

Common sense aint so common.

Tripleoxer
Oct. 21, 2002, 10:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Z:
No fox hunting person would pay 200,000 dollars for a horse who could die on the way to your barn.

Z<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No foxhunting person would pay any REAL money for a REAL horse! LMAO!!!! :-)

SpringBreak
Oct. 21, 2002, 11:49 AM
i know wut u r talkin about!!! the stripe that is like the color of a flag or soemthing? i saw a GP rider with a british flag on his stripe!

*Spring Break*

*member of the never been in a clique! clique and the I LOVE CATCHRIDE clique!*

cabby
Oct. 21, 2002, 01:51 PM
I saw those stripes at the PNHS and wow they are bright. It wasnt so much color but glitter and sparkles. Even some professionals had them on, and it was really distracting. If hunters are supossed to look traditional, why are they wearing big ugly helmets with glitter on them? /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Medievalist
Oct. 21, 2002, 02:39 PM
No one answered my question...so I'll ask it again /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Is it just a snap-on piece? Or do you have to buy a whole new helmet?

Where do you get them? I'm totally getting one in blue...gotta look into this. It would be a cool x-mas gift for some of my friends-I dont think they have them in France yet.

Comment est-ce qu'on dit &lt;quiche&gt; en anglais? Mapi LaJoux

PaigeHortman
Oct. 21, 2002, 02:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Medievalist:
No one answered my question...so I'll ask it again /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Is it just a snap-on piece? Or do you have to buy a whole new helmet?

Where do you get them? I'm totally getting one in blue...gotta look into this. It would be a cool x-mas gift for some of my friends-I dont think they have them in France yet.

http://www.eii.fr/club/houssaye
_Comment est-ce qu'on dit &lt;quiche&gt; en anglais?_ Mapi LaJoux<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no no no no no, they are like stipes he puts on, like adhesive strips with color and glitter, it is not made by GPA, its made by Frank Madden.....lol

Medievalist
Oct. 21, 2002, 03:12 PM
Good thing you corrected me, Paige. I was envisioning a plastic snap-in piece that you would snap into the vents....hmmm...idea forming for fad induced business /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Where can you get the stickers? It sounds neat. I never show in the states so I'm never in on the new cool things to do...although I am always in the know for the height of style in France /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DreamBigEq37
Oct. 21, 2002, 03:40 PM
Do you have to give him the helmet or do you buy the sticker and put it on yourself??

*~*~Lauryn*~*~*~
&lt;3 Justice Served &lt;3
&lt;3 Nip N Tuck &lt;3

BAB
Oct. 21, 2002, 04:34 PM
As a judge and a steward, I think the striping that Frank Madden does on the hats looks great. It isn't distracting to me at all, nor would I ever penalize anyone for having the stripes. Frank will do anyone's hat, so he told me, but he has to have it in his possession to do it. He said he got the idea from seeing Rodrigo Pessoa have the Brazilian flag on his GPA. I just keep wondering what will happen when people have their trainer's colors on the hat and then change trainers!!!!!

Bumpkin
Oct. 21, 2002, 07:29 PM
I cannot wait to see some of these in real life.

Medevilist, perhaps an insert invention is in order..... /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Anne
Oct. 21, 2002, 07:44 PM
Medievalist, try going to a hobby store. A company called Great Planes makes adhesive striping tape in various widths, and you can also buy full sheets of the stuff in a variety of colors. It's meant to decorate model airplanes but I bet it would work on a hat too! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Custom Needlepoint Belts (http://www.freewebs.com/belts)

CTM
Oct. 21, 2002, 07:50 PM
I looked at the pictures on Towerheads and I thought the juniors looked pretty cute with the stripes. As an adult, I don't think I would wear stripes in the hunter ring but I think for the juniors and the jumpers it looks pretty cool.

LuckyAugust
Oct. 21, 2002, 08:53 PM
I thought they were pretty cool.

I love Beezie Madden's.

Little Indian
Oct. 21, 2002, 09:55 PM
does anybody have any pictures of the helmets with the different colored stripes?

Kachoo
Oct. 21, 2002, 10:02 PM
But for you latecomers, I posted a photo of Rodrigo Pessoa (whose stripe features the Brazilian flag) and of my pal Qabil Ambak (whose is bright yellow) earlier in this thread.

Medievalist - I actually got the impression from Qabil that he ordered his done. I will double check with him and get back to you on that, although I'm sure a home-made job would be easier and cheaper and probably come out just fine. Qabs is based in Belgium and says quite a few people have these now.

Cheers,
Susie

SaratogaSummer2001
Oct. 21, 2002, 10:08 PM
I'm really thinking about stopping off to get some of that shiny enamel paint (that everyone's brother used on model cars.. or maybe just mine) and painting the stripe on my old GPA a nice kelly green. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif That'd be a great way to break the ice at a new barn, wouldn't it? "Did you collide with a muppet.. what IS that thing on your head?!" Oh, it'll be so cool! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PonyJumperGRL
Oct. 21, 2002, 10:37 PM
I don't like Beezie's stripes only because her helmet is so faded that the stripes seem really bright.

I think Rodrigo's helmet is pretty spiffy..however, I haven't seen any pictures of all the others...

Whatever floats your boat, I guess?

-----------------------------
How many days until next summer?! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hopeful Hunter
Oct. 22, 2002, 07:28 AM
I must say I find this thread very interesting. I want to know how GPA managed to make a very unattractive helmet be seen as not only good looking, but BETTER looking when it has, well, let's be honest here, somewhat tacky coloring added down the center!

On another thread there is the idea of approved Velvets that are not GPAs being regarded as odd or out of place yet here we are saying this is so wonderful to see a big ole' stripe on someone's head. And I'm not exactly a total fashion traditionalist here -- I always wear an approved helmet (a CO, though, not the trendy GPA) and am right now searching for a leopard-print CO for schooling at home so tacky fashion is right up my alley!

However, It amazes me that just because the stripe is on the oh-so-trendy GPAs it's considered OK. Imagine a nice, bright RED grosgrain bow at the back of an approved velvet helmet instead -- somehow I don't think that would get quite the positive reception...

FairWeather
Oct. 22, 2002, 07:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tripleoxer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Z:
No fox hunting person would pay 200,000 dollars for a horse who could die on the way to your barn.

Z<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No foxhunting person would pay any REAL money for a REAL horse! LMAO!!!! :-)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well thats an awfully--bischy (to steal LM8's word) thing to say. Not to mention absolutely not true. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I always assumed that the paint/stickers etc was on the inside of the stripe somehow--I thought it looked neat!

Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!
FairWeather (http://www.fairweather.bizland.com)
CANTER West Virginia (http://www.fairweather.bizland.com/salehorse.htm)

Cruising
Oct. 22, 2002, 07:50 AM
If I ever had a GPA or ATH (which I never will, cause I don't like them) I will paint the stripe in clear, glittery nail polish! That'd be sooooooooooooooo pretttttttttttttttty!

* B E L E N *
*Larks Caruso* / *Every So Often*
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
---&gt; *My New Page (http://www.geocities.com/heightshunterxoxo/Main1.html)* &lt;--- (10/13- NEW Pics!)

Bumpkin
Oct. 22, 2002, 07:50 AM
Regarding the new, "Improved/Personalized", GPA.

What about Austin Power's "Shaguar"???

Reminds me of the Pessoa GPA, hehe /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

"Shaguar" (http://supercars.ifn.cx/news/2002/2002_03_31_02.shtml)

Coreene
Oct. 22, 2002, 09:53 AM
Otherwise I'd have the Dutch flag on mine.

Then again, how about a nice leopard print?

Blinky
Oct. 22, 2002, 02:45 PM
Two words:
Duct Tape

Comes in all sorts of colors /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jaguar
Oct. 22, 2002, 03:13 PM
i guess soon they will be doing helmets in colours as attractive as red background with a pink stripe.....this seems like the only fitting next step in the tacky revolution.

PonyJumperGRL
Oct. 22, 2002, 03:15 PM
Blinky ---- SHEER BRILLIANCE, sheer brilliance...hehe, trusty duck tape.

I'll leave my stripe black, thanks...now you're all getting a little too wild for me /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

How many days until next summer?! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Bumpkin
Oct. 22, 2002, 03:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coreene:
Otherwise I'd have the Dutch flag on mine.

Then again, how about a nice leopard print?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go for it!!

timedjumpoff
Oct. 22, 2002, 03:58 PM
On a recent thread about the GPA's, I predicted they would be the beginning of the end of impractical, uncomfortable,
"traditional" attire for the horseshow world (with the exception of hunters) and the start of real athletic clothing for riders that will suit the different disciplines, the weather, etc. But I see it's happening even sooner than I thought.

Just watch, several years from now the kids will be wondering how their predecessors ever survived summer horse shows in wool jackets, tight collars, long sleeves, etc.

As for the "fashion" stripe on the GPA's, my trainer will probably need some removable yellow ones that he can stick on my helmet whenever I start to chicken out. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

rockstar
Oct. 22, 2002, 05:48 PM
are you KIDDING me??? ICK!!! what is the world coming to that hunter/eq kids have stripes on their hats???????

Vote November 5th!!!

wondrlnd77
Oct. 22, 2002, 05:51 PM
Has anyone seen the Ralph Lauren Helmets?
I was in the Polo store at the outlet mall and they had a case of helmets that looked like the approved CO's. They had them incamel and tweed and checked, navy, green etc. Not my cup of tea, but might interest y'all /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Silver Screen
Oct. 23, 2002, 08:31 AM
GOOOOO hot pink skunks! With matching jumper pads!

timedjumpoff
Oct. 23, 2002, 10:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silver Screen:
GOOOOO hot pink skunks! With matching jumper pads!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your horse appears to be chestnut in the photo. If that's the case, hot pink is never appropriate. You should, perhaps, consider neon green! /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Jo
Oct. 23, 2002, 12:41 PM
My mare is a chestnut, and I think she looks adorable in pink. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif (I am biased, though, since pink is my favorite color. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif )

"You might think there would be an explanation for this... but you would be wrong."

Multiple Choice
Oct. 23, 2002, 02:38 PM
My VERY traditional and conservative trainer went and bouoght all of the stuff to do it! She got all sorts of colors...I'm getting blue and silver! HEHE! She is doin it tonite and I am OHSO excited!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif She did one of my friend's hats in red and silver (red and white are our barn colors) but I was like um...maybe later....hehe...her red is REALLY bright! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

*Sarah Beth*
"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Medievalist
Oct. 23, 2002, 02:49 PM
Can you take a closeup picture multiple choice, so I can see how it is done?

Silver Screen
Oct. 23, 2002, 03:37 PM
PICTURES!!!

Silver Screen
Oct. 23, 2002, 03:38 PM
more...

PonyJumperGRL
Oct. 23, 2002, 05:47 PM
I see brown helmets are still in style?

These helmet companies need to make some sort of fade proof canvas or something!

Britney
Oct. 29, 2002, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the pics Silver Screen and Kachoo! This has like totally inspired me! I'm too cheap and lazy to contact Frank and actually send my helmet to him to do it but I'm definately interested in this either enamel paint or the premade stuff from the craft store for model airplanes and such.. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

So guys, do we have an update on this topic? Who else has taken the plunge into tackiness? I do the jumpers so, more power to ya all! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I don't even think it's tacky in the Hunters/Eq.. I think many of the juniors that have them are talented enough riders that people already know them by name, they do need a colored stripe to stick out, it's just fun! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Has anyone tried it themselves yet?

--------------------
Britney L. Pelletier
~*Rush Hour*~
*Children's Jumper Clique*Thoroughbred Clique*NH Clique*Proud Member Of The Draw Reins Are Not A Torture Device Clique*Spongebob CLICK*

Sparky22
Oct. 29, 2002, 11:01 AM
No stripes for me, but I have the lovely blue GPA with the silver stripe. Nice and shnazzy, needs no improvements/modifications /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Then again, once I get my own place, those will be my colors anyways /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

~~Kate~~

--------------------------
I would sooner fail than not be among the greatest
-- John Keats

Britney
Oct. 29, 2002, 11:46 AM
Hey Multiple Choice, what did your trainer use for supplies and where did they get them?

Hey I was looking on the websites of hobby stores for that airplane adhesive striping tape and it doesn't come in large enough widths for the stripe on my helmet. It's approx. about 1 1/2in. But the tape only comes up to 3/8 of and in. Where would I find sheets of this stuff and is there anything else I can search for?

--------------------
Britney L. Pelletier
~*Rush Hour*~
*Children's Jumper Clique*Thoroughbred Clique*NH Clique*Proud Member Of The Draw Reins Are Not A Torture Device Clique*Spongebob CLICK*

JBO
Oct. 29, 2002, 03:55 PM
I think the stripes are great - and the juniors in the barn I ride with have different colors. You don't need a stripe on your hat to tell who you ride with - just listen to the (sometimes bizzare) sounds coming from the gate and you can usually identify many of the big ones without looking up! I would like to get my GPA done, but I only use it for the jumpers. (It's not that I mind the stripe for hunters, I just like my Beagler!)

Has anyone else tried the do-it-yourself method? It will be a while until I'm anywhere near Frank, I'm sure (I forgot to bring it with me for indoors).

Tobi - were you by any chance schooling out at the CC grounds early in the week during WIHS? I think I saw you, but wasn't sure.......

ride4thego
Oct. 29, 2002, 05:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Two words:
Duct Tape

Comes in all sorts of colors <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I totally agree!!
duct tape solves all life's problems!

Ride for the go. Stop is not in our vocabulary. ~Lulu
COWBOY UP!

Krista Freundlich
Oct. 29, 2002, 05:29 PM
If you want Frank to do it, all you need to do is send him your hat and a list of what colors you want on it and he will do it and send it back to you. He does a great job and is really into it!

Flash44
Oct. 29, 2002, 05:29 PM
I went down the wrong road by coloring in the little white GPA sign on my helmet with a black magic marker cuz I didn't want anything bright on my head!

DreamBigEq37
Oct. 29, 2002, 06:04 PM
Flash - LOL!! You mean you actually colored in the most obvious brand sign of $$$ /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ahh... the wonders.. hmm, mine has a 1/16" Butterfly sticker, is that flashy enough??

*~*~Lauryn*~*~*~
&lt;3 Justice Served &lt;3
&lt;3 Nip N Tuck &lt;3

Fiction
Oct. 29, 2002, 06:06 PM
My friend and I did our own, slightly differently- with nailpolish, and tape as a stencil.

-----
This is not a true story
-----

Tobi
Oct. 29, 2002, 06:33 PM
Hi JBO!

Nope you didn't see me. i was at CC early in the week for the adult jumpers, but unfortunately didn't come close to qualifying for any of the finals classes!! maybe next year!

during WIHS i was in the process of moving into a new townhouse - big non-horsey life event!!

Multiple Choice
Oct. 29, 2002, 07:50 PM
My trainer went to a car detailing shop and got "strips" there. ther came in a million different colors and were relatively inexpensive. I got mine done in SILVER and BLUE! It is pretty darn nifty if I do say so myself! MY friend and I also taped black tape over the 'GPA' and put our initials in the colors of our stripes! Mine says 'SBS' in blue! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifVery nifty!

Haha...we had customers coming to look at horses...and when they first saw me they looked at me like I had two heads. Judy promptly explained to the how 'everyone' is doing it now....LOL....too funny! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

*Sarah Beth*
-Calvin and Hobbes

Medievalist
Oct. 29, 2002, 07:57 PM
What do you do to get the tape over the vents? Not a problem on the old GPAs and the knockoffs, but what about the newer titium version's vents? I guess this is something I'm going to have to see in person before I'll be comfortable doing it...

"Je retournerai dans un mois. Galope Cannabis, galope!" -Jamel Debbouze

lilblackhorse
Oct. 29, 2002, 09:30 PM
love the pictures, and what a fun thing to do! I have no real barn colors, and don't show in hunters (dare I say it, I am an eventer).....with a horse who may not event again.

I think I may put a big Spongebob sticker on my GPA.....what do you think? It would be a statement. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Flash44
Oct. 30, 2002, 07:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DreamBigEq37:

Flash - LOL!! You mean you actually colored in the most obvious brand sign of $$$

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, and I won't hesitate to cut brand name tags off clothing as well. I really can't wait to have my little farm hidden behind lots of trees with a pot hole filled dirt driveway and No Trespassing signs (friends always welcome, though). My money (or lack thereof) ain't nobody's business but my own.

srs
Oct. 30, 2002, 08:41 AM
The big helmets are bad enough...now people are going to go local on us...you might as well start sporting the show bow at the A shows /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Xanthoria
Oct. 30, 2002, 09:26 AM
Hey, I have a question: motorbike helmets usually come with a warning NOT to paint them yourself because that can cause the helmet to have weak spots and not work correctly in an accident.

That's what I've always heard, anyway.

Is anyone worried that applying nailpolish (full of solvents, right?) to a plastic shell helmet might weaken it and make it crack in a fall etc?

I know you can get helmets for bike racing etc painted professionally, but perhaps they use difft paints?

Xanthoria
Oct. 30, 2002, 09:44 AM
Holy crapcakes, OK I just spoke to my coworker who races motorbikes.

He says that if you have applied a stripe of solvent-based paint like nail polish to your helmet you have effectively RUINED it from a safety standpoint and should NOT rely on it to protect you in a fall.

The solvents make the helmet brittle - it'll just split right open on impact.

He says the way to do it, if you cannot have it done by a pro helmet painter (no, not some trainer who thinks it's fun to do) is to use water based paints with a base and topcoat that do not have solvents in them.

Don't ruin your expensive helmet!

GeddiupGirl
Oct. 30, 2002, 09:58 AM
I believe they are only painting the plastic vent part...so hopefully it shouldn't affect safety.

Just My Size
Wintarra Ring
Tazz
Calvin
Macallan

Xanthoria
Oct. 30, 2002, 10:34 AM
So how is it built - isn't the plastic vent part of the helmet at the front- what's underneath that? the main shell of the helmet?

I'll be relieved to hear it if that's the case.

lonewolf
Oct. 30, 2002, 10:58 AM
I was watching a tape from the Spruce Meadows masters the other day, and noticed that Schyler Riley had her stripe done in very muted blue/grey stripes. It wasn't really noticeable from a distance -- all it did was make the helmet look more uniforn (no bright stripe, bc the colours actually matched that of the helmet), which I thought really improved the look. And it looked even better on closeup.

I think this is a great idea, although some of the really bright metallic stripey colours look a little garish to me, I will admit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He who claims to have made a small fortune in the horse business probably started with a large one.

Multiple Choice
Oct. 30, 2002, 10:58 AM
My trainer just like cut the sports for the vents as she went down the stripe and tucked it under the hole....so it sontinue with the color and doesn';t interfere with the vents.

As for everyone who is concerned about the stripe GPA safety wise...honestly, the paint/stickers on the stripe can't possibly do anything. The vent really doesn't offer protection in itself (it is the shell etc.. that is UNDER it)...someone please correct me if I'm wrong! hehe... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

*Sarah Beth*
-Calvin and Hobbes

Molly99
Oct. 30, 2002, 11:05 AM
After watching Alex Skiffington fall at Capital Challenge and the outer layer of her helmet popped off leaving a white shell on her head, I would assume that the outside is really cosmetic only and painting it would not have any effect on the safety value.

Atypical
Oct. 30, 2002, 12:54 PM
srs you've got to be kidding, please say you're kidding. I think it's all fine and good to be traditional, heck I am too, but if people don't care and are having fun with it, what's the harm? Having a stripe painted on a helmet doens't make the riding any less effective or the sport less entertaining.

And I find it rather rude that you use "local" like it's some deragatory term. CHJA out here is extremely competitive. Many "local" riders just can't afford to compete in A shows. Heck, as a junior with limited income I look at classes for 12 dollars vs class for 30 or 40, when the classes for less at "local" shows have more competitors, I'll take the cheapie thanks.

~*~
Wow!! I've been on the boards a year. Yeah.

JBO
Oct. 30, 2002, 04:25 PM
congrats on the new townhouse....... and glad I didn't stop you to say hi after all, since apparently it wasn't you /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif You have a twin (or at least a likeness) that was hacking when I was!

Flash44
Oct. 30, 2002, 04:34 PM
If you had to paint a little street sign on your helmet, what would it be? Here are a few that pop into my mind:

The Biohazard sign for the morning after a good party. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Weight Limit XXXX sign for when I'm feeling beefy.

Slippery When Wet for, uh, rainy days. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

95 South for when it's cold in Merlin.

Any Hazard sign is usually appropriate, as are Caution signs.

A squiggly road sign for when the power steering is failing.

Shoulder Drop Off for a horse that stops dirty and ducks left.

dogchushu
Oct. 30, 2002, 05:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flash44:
If you had to paint a little street sign on your helmet, what would it be? Here are a few that pop into my mind:

The Biohazard sign for the morning after a good party. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Weight Limit XXXX sign for when I'm feeling beefy.

Slippery When Wet for, uh, rainy days. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

95 South for when it's cold in Merlin.

Any Hazard sign is usually appropriate, as are Caution signs.

A squiggly road sign for when the power steering is failing.

Shoulder Drop Off for a horse that stops dirty and ducks left.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Flash! The way I've been riding lately, I should have my insurance and emergency contact info plastered on my helmet!

poltroon
Oct. 30, 2002, 05:17 PM
Well, now you guys have me wanting to get one and paint flames on the front! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Little Indian
Oct. 30, 2002, 05:24 PM
I think flames would look awesome! I'm really tempted to have it done to my helmet...but not sure what the trainer would think of it.

poltroon
Oct. 30, 2002, 05:25 PM
Please do not use any solvent-based paint or substance to decorate your helmet. That means: anything that cannot be washed up with water. The solvents can migrate right through the shell, and weaken not only the shell (which may or may not be structural depending upon the helmet and location) but also possibly the styrofoam padding underneath.

There is a whole industry of customized motorcycle helmets out there that can help you find appropriate paints and decals and perhaps even give you some decorating ideas! I bet you can find a lot using Google.

Flash44
Oct. 30, 2002, 05:26 PM
Maybe you should paint a tomahawk on it. You could call your helmet your war bonnet. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Bored*
Oct. 30, 2002, 06:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lilblackhorse:

I think I may put a big Spongebob sticker on my GPA.....what do you think? It would be a statement. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did that! It's Spongebob with jelly-fishing net in hand, and that goofy grin on his face! It is so classic!!! But I think I'm going to get some colored duct tape (which I've been wanting to do for a while... I guess great minds think alike, Blinky!) and putting the sticker on top of that. Would that not be totally cool?! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

"Hunters is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."
Children's Jumper Clique, Draw Reins Are Not a Torture Device Clique, Spongebob CLEEK

Little Indian
Oct. 30, 2002, 07:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flash44:
Maybe you should paint a tomahawk on it. You could call your helmet your war bonnet. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Little Indian is one of Indy's nicknames /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Hali
_-_-_-_-_
"Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted- One moment. Would you capture it or just let it slip?"-Eminem

Charlotte
Oct. 30, 2002, 07:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WC Princess:
After watching Alex Skiffington fall at Capital Challenge and the outer layer of her helmet popped off leaving a white shell on her head, I would assume that the outside is really cosmetic only and painting it would not have any effect on the safety value.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
are you talking about the girl who fell during the junior hunter challenge? if you are i am pretty sure that it was not alex who fell...

Charlotte

lilblackhorse
Oct. 30, 2002, 07:17 PM
see, I was stuck in traffic today, and was thinking about this. I was thinking of my colored electrical tape...and the spongebob sticker on top too@

My daughter just got 3 really cool stickers from some kid at school whose mom gets them for the medical field (as in "here kid, this is gonna hurt, but here's a sticker /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif).....I think I may angle to get one of them and have some fun with my helmet!

I can be a trend setter--who knew! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Bored*
Oct. 30, 2002, 07:59 PM
I could make an ocean blue stripe, then have a whole Spongebob scene!!! Like with Patrick, sandy, Gary, and everyone! But I don't think there'd be enough room. Maybe just Spongebob and Patrick? Hmm... Oh well, it's difinitely a good idea, don't you think? /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

"Hunters is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."
Children's Jumper Clique, Draw Reins Are Not a Torture Device Clique, Spongebob CLEEK

Flash44
Oct. 31, 2002, 10:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lilblackhorse:
My daughter just got 3 really cool stickers from some kid at school whose mom gets them for the medical field <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just stay away from the ones that say, "I got an xray today!"

Hasty
Feb. 25, 2003, 06:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
the kids should take white out and write what their horse cost down the front of the stripe http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vt Rider I could not agree more myself...

Michelle
http://community.webshots.com/user/michelleee22

Jessica Chen
Feb. 25, 2003, 08:31 PM
Please Please tell me how i can get a hold of frank!!! i really want my helmet done with a dark purple stripe!!! OH MY IT WOULD BE SOOOO MUCH FUN! and i am a pony rider agian, so really it would just be cute! right?

"I pull but my horse doesn't listen"

Katie_Rosenzweig
Feb. 25, 2003, 09:16 PM
i want to get mine done really bad too!!

~*~Rosey~*~
Who's That
Picasso
Code of Honor
Mikhail

"It doesn't mean being noticed, it means being remembered." ~ Giorgio Armani

blujeanbbyqueen
Feb. 26, 2003, 07:47 AM
As for the stripes if thats your cup of tea. I got a gpa,titanium, for Christmas, don't like how it looks very much but it is the safest thing on the market....right??

Horses lend us the wings we lack.
Pam Brown, 1928

maggieh
Feb. 26, 2003, 08:12 AM
Well, I think it's funny that when the approved helmets first came out everyone complained about how they looked like bowling balls on your head...seems that the best way to make them look even more like bowling balls is to put all these colors on them! But I think if it floats your boat (especially for juniors and jumper riders) then fine--just please do not revolutionize the whole sport with tackiness so that the rest of us (adult hunter riders) are forced to be tacky in order not to be seen as out of style in our traditional attire! Personally,one of my favorite things about riding is the classic style.

findeight
Feb. 26, 2003, 08:18 AM
Anybody notice the People Mag shot of Springsteen's daughter?
Stable colors I believe, she looked darling with them...now if we could just get her dad to dress up.............

The Horse World. 2 people, 3 opinions. That's the way it is.

NOJUMP2HI
Feb. 26, 2003, 09:22 AM
What is a # to reach Frank?

*Sarah Beth: Can you email me with some info on this? I've been seeing it down here at Gulfport... khinson@chathamhall.com *

*-( Kit & Dante')-*
[ FOOLPOOF ]

Jessica Chen
Feb. 26, 2003, 10:02 AM
Anyone who knows how to get a hold of Frank please send me his number and or anyway to contact him ASAP!!! My friends and I are going to ocala in 10 days but my guess is that he will be at Wellington. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif But i would LOOOOOVE to get mine done! so please e-mail me...

~*Jessica*~

"I pull but my horse doesn't listen"

Rye
Feb. 26, 2003, 10:15 AM
Why don't you just do it yourself with a piece of colored electrical tape? It comes in all colors.

jackson
Feb. 26, 2003, 10:27 AM
Yup findeight you are right. I just double checked that pic of Jessica and she seems to have fallen victom to the ugly helmet rage as well. So sorry but I too am an old fashioned black velvet helmet wearer. These things are atrocious and I can not believe that someone is making money off of making them uglier! Someone shoot me if I ever wear one.

Most premature departures are pilot error.

They all laughed at me when I said warmbloods would make good hunters. But I knew! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

hifi
Mar. 27, 2003, 09:41 AM
I just dug this one up and you can search though it and find some great examples of stripes and colors!

Certified Thread Killer
Drop Bombs, Not Bush

Dragoon
Mar. 27, 2003, 10:15 AM
Who else is going technocolor? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I want to get a GPA for my birthday (I'll be paying for it anyway I suppose...a little "Happy I'm Still Living After First Year of College" gift http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ) and have it done in red, white, and blue. Tasteful yet different - It'll be my IHSA and jumper hat. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
The ATH can be my AA hunter hat http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ....

My Paint Scheme (http://horsecity.com/images/022003/classichunter.jpg)

"They say there's a place where dreams have all gone,
They never said where, but I think I know.
It's miles through the night, just over the dawn,
On the road that will take me home."
("Going Home" from Gods and Generals)

Silk
Mar. 27, 2003, 10:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dragoon:
Who else is going technocolor? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I DID IT!!!!!! I bought an ATH (fits beautifully!!) and put flames up the stripe with red pinstriping along the sides. I LOVE it!!!! I bought auto pinstriping and an auto decal, cut to fit with x-acto knife, and WAH-HOO!!!!

I will post a pict when I get home.

Did I mention that I LOVE it and cant wait to wear it!!

**&gt;&gt;It's not bragging if you can back it up!&lt;&lt;**

chicadee411
Mar. 27, 2003, 06:16 PM
I was watching the Wellington GP on OLN and all the riders had stripes. They had some REALLY cool ones too!

I striped mine in my schools colors (for IHSA) and I love it, Red, Black and silver! The only problem is that the sticky paper I bought left silver glitters behind http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif So I might just have to get another GPA and stripe that one differently...haha, YEAH RIGHT!!

Silk-can't wait to see ur pics!

Court@HJ-OH
Mar. 27, 2003, 06:24 PM
Silver Screen who are those people you pictured?

**Courtney**

and he who is free of sin...shall cast the first stone.

jumpergal
Mar. 27, 2003, 06:26 PM
I always thought the GPAs were ugly, but believe it or not, I think they look better with the colored stripes! But then I'm an out-of-action jumper rider, so I'm just imagining the fun I would have matching jumper pads, polo shirts and the hat. Once my greenie is ready for the jumpers I just might have to break down and buy a GPA!

"No matter where you go, there you are"

Britney
Mar. 27, 2003, 06:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chicadee411:
I was watching the Wellington GP on OLN and all the riders had stripes. They had some REALLY cool ones too!

I striped mine in my schools colors (for IHSA) and I love it, Red, Black and silver! The only problem is that the sticky paper I bought left silver glitters behind http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif So I might just have to get another GPA and stripe that one differently...haha, YEAH RIGHT!!

Silk-can't wait to see ur pics!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chicadee- what did you use for sticky paper?

*Britney*
~Rush Hour~

"He has galloped through young girl's dreams, added richness to grown women's lives, and served men in war and strife." ~Toni Robinson
**Proud owner of a spunky Alydar grandson**

chicadee411
Mar. 27, 2003, 06:46 PM
Britney, I found paper at...OMG, my mind just blanked...not JoAnne Fabric, and not Michaels, this is going to bug me, I will update w/ the name in a few...got it...AC Moore!

Anyway, they had TONS of colors (pink, purple, orange, yellow). Whatever it is, it is backed on Kodak paper. The reason I used it was because I could find the black.

I found some other paper at Michaels, but it only comes in 4 colors. I've been dying to figure out where everyone else gets their paper. I will have to try the auto shop and look for decals.

[This message was edited by chicadee411 on Mar. 27, 2003 at 09:57 PM.]

daytimedrama
Mar. 27, 2003, 07:36 PM
I too hve gotten a stripe, actually my trainer had it done for me. Barn colors, silver burgundy and navy, it looks pretty cool.

~Christina~
"I made a new friend today."
"Real or imaginary?"
"Imaginary."

Britney
Mar. 27, 2003, 07:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by daytimedrama:
I too hve gotten a stripe, actually my trainer had it done for me. Barn colors, silver burgundy and navy, it looks pretty cool.

~Christina~
"I made a new friend today."
"Real or imaginary?"
"Imaginary."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oooh, that's exactly what I want to do! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

*Britney*
~Rush Hour~

"He has galloped through young girl's dreams, added richness to grown women's lives, and served men in war and strife." ~Toni Robinson
**Proud owner of a spunky Alydar grandson**

FarnleyPonyOwner
Mar. 27, 2003, 07:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
the kids should take white out and write what their horse cost down the front of the stripe http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

there might not be enough room for all those 000000's for some of the kids http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

spaz
Mar. 27, 2003, 08:09 PM
I could only do this if it matched my polo shirt or show shirt of course.

hifi
Mar. 28, 2003, 09:08 AM
Mine is blue and very descrete. My schooling GPA has red.

Certified Thread Killer
Drop Bombs, Not Bush

Silk
Mar. 30, 2003, 10:52 AM
Here is an attempt to show a picture. Not sure if it will come out!!

**&gt;&gt;It's not bragging if you can back it up!&lt;&lt;**

Tha Ridge
Mar. 30, 2003, 02:12 PM
I'm getting so tempted to do mine or send it off to Frank.

Also - here's Beacon Hill's (Frank's barn) phone number: 732-332-0800

- L.

Je suis un salamander. J'entrerai dans le feu mais je ne brûlerai pas.

princessinabubble
Mar. 30, 2003, 04:26 PM
i didnt do a stripe on my ath, i didnt trust myself lol, but i did take some packing tape and stick a little star sticker (you know like the ones your teachers put on your papers in 1st grade) and its dark dark blue so its not obvious or anything. i was actually thinking of putting alternating blue and silver ones all the way up thae stripe, but then i decided against it

Sascha

Tha Ridge
Mar. 30, 2003, 05:18 PM
I play softball with a girl, who ever since she was little, would put a small star sticker on the back of her batting helmet everytime she would get a hit. I think I might put one on the stripe of my ATH everytime I pin in a class. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

- L.

Je suis un salamander. J'entrerai dans le feu mais je ne brûlerai pas.