PDA

View Full Version : Regionals ?

Blume Farm
May. 18, 2012, 05:27 PM
I have already qualified for Region 1 Championships at First Level. I am now showing Second Level the rest of the summer. If I qualify at Second Level as well can I compete at Championships at both levels? If it is allowable, is that frowned upon?

Twigster
May. 18, 2012, 05:40 PM
USDF Regional Championships (http://www.usdf.org/docs/ShowFlash/web/RegionalChamp/RCRules.pdf)

The rules specifically call out that: cross entering open/AA divisions at adjacent levels is not allowed, unless AA divisions are not offered and that any horse entered in the Championship competition, even at two levels, must be ridden by the same rider.

So I would assume that the showing at adjacent levels rule applies for regionals as well. Good luck at first, and qualifying for second!

Sancudo
May. 18, 2012, 06:05 PM
I won Training and First level for region 1 in the same year; you can do two levels one horse.

Big Spender
May. 18, 2012, 08:42 PM
Yes, if you have qualified at 2 consecutive levels, you can compete in the championships for both levels. Twigster's post has to do with entering open vs. amateur. You are either one or the other, but can't compete as both in the championships. Good luck...no championships for me this year...getting ready to show at 3rd 1.

Kaluna
May. 18, 2012, 08:47 PM
Yes, if you have qualified at 2 consecutive levels, you can compete in the championships for both levels. Twigster's post has to do with entering open vs. amateur. You are either one or the other, but can't compete as both in the championships. Good luck...no championships for me this year...getting ready to show at 3rd 1.

This. You can show at championships at two consecutive levels if you qualify for them both.

Twigster
May. 18, 2012, 09:35 PM
Lol, that's what I get for posting half asleep, an unfinished thought!
What I meant to say was there are clear rules about showing at multiple levels at regionals, so it must be allowed.
Whether it is frowned upon? Not by me! If you qualify at two levels, go ride at both, and good job!