PDA

View Full Version : Someone to fix auto-waterer in NoVA

Beam Me Up
May. 18, 2012, 04:25 PM
Does anyone have a suggestion for someone to work on a broken autowaterer in NoVA? Or failing that, just a suggestion of the type/category of professional who might do that?

My plumber said no, and I once used (on a different waterer) a great general contractor who since fell off the face of the earth. But other general contractors that I have called don't want such a small job.

Thanks!

tangledweb
May. 18, 2012, 11:55 PM
Ring the manufacturer and ask them who installs and services them in your area. In my area it is one of the plumbing and HVAC contracting companies.

Any competent handyman could do it, but finding somebody who has done it before and has some spare parts on hand would be ideal.

SMF11
May. 19, 2012, 07:29 AM
Hmm, my plumber has worked on my waterers, maybe try a different plumber?

Hilary
May. 19, 2012, 09:11 AM
What kind is it and what's wrong?

I have a Nelson and whatever I can't do myself with Nelson's advice (very good, if slightly condescending at times - "honey, don't touch the heater bar...") my plumber will do. Of course my plumber will also call me if he drives by and sees my horses are not where they should be. And put them back.

Beam Me Up
May. 21, 2012, 09:22 AM
It's a Behlen and the valve doesn't work.

The property came with 3 waterers, 2 of which work, this one never has. My sense is that the valve is actually under the ground level, unlike the 2 working waterers, (have done some digging) so it would need to be replaced and probably moved up.
The previous owner sent me instructions for turning it on that don't really jibe with what is currently visible, so I'm thinking the old handle etc came off.

That's a good idea about calling the manufacturer--will give that a try, thanks!