PDA

View Full Version : Dressage Mule

Hyking1
May. 17, 2012, 09:41 PM
Heart B Porter Creek was recently feature in an article in COTH. There were requests for an updated video on YouTube. There is now a new one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei_XvjR29wk
At his first show of the year he won all 4 of his Third Level test at Devonwood, OR.

SnicklefritzG
May. 17, 2012, 10:07 PM
I love those big floppy ears!!!

Antaeus
May. 17, 2012, 10:39 PM
Love me some HB Porter!
His breeder has a yearling I'd love to buy...

CoppersRider
May. 18, 2012, 06:16 AM
He's gorgeous! I'd take him home in a heartbeat. I adore mules! I always had mini mules as babysitters for the off the track thoroughbreds I was retraining. One of them would race the TB's around the field and would win every time cause he would make a much smaller circle in the middle. He'd be so proud and trot around like he was all that. ;)

chisamba
May. 18, 2012, 07:44 AM
I watched his video and i love how relaxed and loose he is, but to my eye there is something funky about trot? Not a criticism, but a question. Does anyone else see it, or am i imagining things?

When i was in Denver, they had a huge mule show, and i saw my first "beautiful" mule. A grey, all primed for show, with the most elegant long ears, and a lovely disposition. Til then i had pretty much considered mules something someone else had, and i was not sure why :winkgrin:

One day, before i die, i will have a mule of my own to play with .

Equibrit
May. 18, 2012, 02:18 PM
He's a saint - all that back thumping.

Wayside
May. 18, 2012, 03:46 PM
I watched his video and i love how relaxed and loose he is, but to my eye there is something funky about trot? Not a criticism, but a question. Does anyone else see it, or am i imagining things?

I wondered the same thing. It just seemed a little uneven to me, but I'm certainly no expert,and I'd expect the judge to have a better eye than I do.

He is absolutely darling, though.

Miichelle
May. 18, 2012, 03:56 PM
Never liked mules. Never had any interest in mules... I was at the barn (where I keep my pastured horses) and a old horse dealer had 4 young mules there. One of them was the CUTEST little Arab mule I have ever seen. I want it! :)

NotGrandPrixYet
May. 18, 2012, 04:07 PM
He is sore on the right front (off side). Most likely the shoulder, but it could be anywhere from hoof to shoulder. He needs to be checked.

Antaeus
May. 18, 2012, 06:37 PM
I wondered the same thing. It just seemed a little uneven to me, but I'm certainly no expert,and I'd expect the judge to have a better eye than I do.

He is absolutely darling, though.

I think it's in the Chronicle article that Audrey talks about Porter's neuro issues as a youngster and that he still has some problems.

NOMIOMI1
May. 18, 2012, 11:23 PM
I think they look great :)

NotGrandPrixYet
May. 19, 2012, 02:02 AM
He is very sweet, and it is obvious that he is loved.

Wayside
May. 19, 2012, 09:30 AM
I think it's in the Chronicle article that Audrey talks about Porter's neuro issues as a youngster and that he still has some problems.

That makes sense. Thanks for the background info!

Mukluk
May. 20, 2012, 02:19 AM
Those ears are mesmerizing!!!!!