PDA

View Full Version : No flies on me! Well, I WISH there weren't! What can I do?

JoZ
May. 16, 2012, 05:26 PM
Anyone have a favorite EFFECTIVE fly repellant (sp? repellent?) for use on human skin? I'd prefer something non-chemical but I bet I know how great THAT would be. And of course there are home products like vinegar or anything oily that would be pretty unpleasant themselves.

I know it is just because I am THAT SWEET, but I can't sit down behind the barn on a nice day, to enjoy the view and the horses, without being bitten by flies with their sharp little whatever-they-haves... :mad::cry:

Thoroughbred in Color
May. 16, 2012, 08:14 PM
Meh... I just use whatever fly spray I have on hand, usually Pyranha. Labels all say not for human use, but I haven't had any problems from it yet. :D

I can't say the same for human products containing DEET... That stuff makes me sick; migraines, nausea, etc. :dead:

As for natural products, Burt's Bees makes an insect repellent that has citronella, rosemary and lemongrass. Works ok, unless you're dealing with huge, nasty horseflies. Badger also makes a natural repellent that comes in a spray or a balm. Also ok, but not great.