PDA

View Full Version : Alice Made Me Do It! - A tack shopping story

Jair
Mar. 19, 2001, 12:29 PM
Well, I have all of YOU to thank for my horse's expensive taste! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

So considering the deluge of rain we received up here over the weekend, I took the time to make my excursion out to the fabulous new tack store Bumpkin and Farfel kept telling me about.

Boy where they right!

My goal was to find a jacket and some breeches, so I purposefully donned my favourite blue show shirt and headed out. Despite trying to keep my journey a secret, Alice seemed to know what was happening from a far.

There I was trying on jackets, having selected a nice dark green one, when suddenly I heard this cultured, feminine Isabella Rosellina type voice in my ear saying "no, no, not that one" says Alice. So I try another one, this time a nice blue herringbone Grand Prix jacket, quite nice really (hmmmmm goes Alice), so then the sales lady hands me this very nice dark navy blue one and ta-da! It fits like a dream ("Ahhhhhh that is the one" breathes Alice) and sure enough, I look at the tag and it's a Pytchely!!! Lovely lovely jacket. Dark blue, fitted, looks great with my shirt and a spare tie I had brought... Sold!

Next were the breeches - modeled the greenish beige TS's (the other ladies in the store seemed to be enjoying helping me with this part /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) and they were very comfy, also found a beige pair of Pikeurs which I liked even better. So a pair of each (no sound from Alice)

I wandered around a bit and checked out the boots, which is something else I need. Saw a lovely pair of Effinghams ("Very nice" according to Alice). But then I made the mistake of picking up a pair of Dehner field boots, "Ahhhhhhhhhh" goes Jair, "OOOOOOOOOOoooohhhh!!!" breathes Alice. "ARRRGHHHHHGGGG" says Jair as he sees the price tag.!!! Down goes the beautiful field boots as Alice twists her nose into a moue of disappointment over his shoulder.

All's quiet as I start to settle the bill with the saleslady, trying to remember which credit card I didn't use to expense my business trip last week, when all of a sudden Alice gives an undignified squeak of excitement in my ear and disappears. For behind me He Who Bought Alice has entered the store!

After perusing the local Golf Pro shops my s/o returned to pick me up. While I finish with the saleslady, he wanders around the store idly looking at things, when suddenly from the bridle section, he speaks up "Alice doesn't have a show bridle yet, does she?" uhmm no I say, strongly suspecting he is suddenly hearing Alice's sultry tones in his ear. She's a sly one that girl. But before even Alice could say another word, the saleslady deaks out from behind the counter and glides up to He Who Bought Alice's shoulder, knowing a good target when she sees one, and begins firing questions at him about Alice, in the most skillful of ways so as to ensure he realizes just what a special and deserving girl she is! As the lady brings down some bridles for our inspection, I can hear Alice starting to breath more heavily, particularly when the lovely Edgewood ones come off their hooks, but then her squeaks reach almost obscene proportions as the most glorious of Hadfields bridles is shown to us, with the magic words directed at my partner of the likes that "a special mare like Alice deserves only the best" "yes yes yes!" shrieks Alice, followed by "Buy Buy Buy!" well, ok, maybe that was me, but good lord!! Was it ever a beautiful bridle! DMK and Duffy weren't kidding when they said they were superb! It's a lovely rich havanna colour in the raised, padded fancy stitched variety.

Before He Who Bought Alice (HWBA) can even blink a matching pair of reins is added, followed quickly by "Oh, did you say she was doing hunters?" from the saleslady - "she'll need a martingale then". No actually, I say, I don't think so ("Yes I do", says Alice) "Yes she does" says HWBA (who probably doesn't even know what one is /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif but such is the stength of Alice's persuasion) Plunk goes the matching martingale as it goes onto the counter with the rest. Alice is positively squealing in excitement by now, as her benefactor pulls out his plastic with the saleslady practically ripping it out of his hand lest he change his mind. Jair meanwhile shuffles off to another part of the store trying really hard not to hear what the damage is as its rung up on the cash register. Alice however is ecstatic /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

So there you have it!

Jair will now be attending the show grounds in his navy blue Pytchely jacket, medium blue dress shirt with just-for-Becca Ralph Lauren tie, a pair of greenish beige TS's and a Hadfields bridle wearing horse!! Duffy will be proud! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

High Ho hunters away!!!

[This message was edited by Jair on Mar. 19, 2001 at 03:36 PM.]

Jair
Mar. 19, 2001, 12:29 PM
Well, I have all of YOU to thank for my horse's expensive taste! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

So considering the deluge of rain we received up here over the weekend, I took the time to make my excursion out to the fabulous new tack store Bumpkin and Farfel kept telling me about.

Boy where they right!

My goal was to find a jacket and some breeches, so I purposefully donned my favourite blue show shirt and headed out. Despite trying to keep my journey a secret, Alice seemed to know what was happening from a far.

There I was trying on jackets, having selected a nice dark green one, when suddenly I heard this cultured, feminine Isabella Rosellina type voice in my ear saying "no, no, not that one" says Alice. So I try another one, this time a nice blue herringbone Grand Prix jacket, quite nice really (hmmmmm goes Alice), so then the sales lady hands me this very nice dark navy blue one and ta-da! It fits like a dream ("Ahhhhhh that is the one" breathes Alice) and sure enough, I look at the tag and it's a Pytchely!!! Lovely lovely jacket. Dark blue, fitted, looks great with my shirt and a spare tie I had brought... Sold!

Next were the breeches - modeled the greenish beige TS's (the other ladies in the store seemed to be enjoying helping me with this part /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) and they were very comfy, also found a beige pair of Pikeurs which I liked even better. So a pair of each (no sound from Alice)

I wandered around a bit and checked out the boots, which is something else I need. Saw a lovely pair of Effinghams ("Very nice" according to Alice). But then I made the mistake of picking up a pair of Dehner field boots, "Ahhhhhhhhhh" goes Jair, "OOOOOOOOOOoooohhhh!!!" breathes Alice. "ARRRGHHHHHGGGG" says Jair as he sees the price tag.!!! Down goes the beautiful field boots as Alice twists her nose into a moue of disappointment over his shoulder.

All's quiet as I start to settle the bill with the saleslady, trying to remember which credit card I didn't use to expense my business trip last week, when all of a sudden Alice gives an undignified squeak of excitement in my ear and disappears. For behind me He Who Bought Alice has entered the store!

After perusing the local Golf Pro shops my s/o returned to pick me up. While I finish with the saleslady, he wanders around the store idly looking at things, when suddenly from the bridle section, he speaks up "Alice doesn't have a show bridle yet, does she?" uhmm no I say, strongly suspecting he is suddenly hearing Alice's sultry tones in his ear. She's a sly one that girl. But before even Alice could say another word, the saleslady deaks out from behind the counter and glides up to He Who Bought Alice's shoulder, knowing a good target when she sees one, and begins firing questions at him about Alice, in the most skillful of ways so as to ensure he realizes just what a special and deserving girl she is! As the lady brings down some bridles for our inspection, I can hear Alice starting to breath more heavily, particularly when the lovely Edgewood ones come off their hooks, but then her squeaks reach almost obscene proportions as the most glorious of Hadfields bridles is shown to us, with the magic words directed at my partner of the likes that "a special mare like Alice deserves only the best" "yes yes yes!" shrieks Alice, followed by "Buy Buy Buy!" well, ok, maybe that was me, but good lord!! Was it ever a beautiful bridle! DMK and Duffy weren't kidding when they said they were superb! It's a lovely rich havanna colour in the raised, padded fancy stitched variety.

Before He Who Bought Alice (HWBA) can even blink a matching pair of reins is added, followed quickly by "Oh, did you say she was doing hunters?" from the saleslady - "she'll need a martingale then". No actually, I say, I don't think so ("Yes I do", says Alice) "Yes she does" says HWBA (who probably doesn't even know what one is /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif but such is the stength of Alice's persuasion) Plunk goes the matching martingale as it goes onto the counter with the rest. Alice is positively squealing in excitement by now, as her benefactor pulls out his plastic with the saleslady practically ripping it out of his hand lest he change his mind. Jair meanwhile shuffles off to another part of the store trying really hard not to hear what the damage is as its rung up on the cash register. Alice however is ecstatic /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

So there you have it!

Jair will now be attending the show grounds in his navy blue Pytchely jacket, medium blue dress shirt with just-for-Becca Ralph Lauren tie, a pair of greenish beige TS's and a Hadfields bridle wearing horse!! Duffy will be proud! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

High Ho hunters away!!!

[This message was edited by Jair on Mar. 19, 2001 at 03:36 PM.]

DMK
Mar. 19, 2001, 12:59 PM
Would we EVER steer you wrong /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

btw, Hadfields also makes a lovely matching RUNNING martingale for when you venture into the jumper ring... and surely you will need some of their lovely white rubber reins for such an occasion....

Verra funny, Jair! Guess you had a productive weekend!!!

L Scott
Mar. 19, 2001, 01:06 PM
After my non-existant march holiday last week, Jair, you have started my week off right.

I am thinking I will have to refrain from taking Hannah tack shopping when the time comes. I will definately take my hubby, because my favourite line out of him in any store is "get whatever the h*** you want, but do it fast, I want outa here!". I just stroll around for a few minutes and wham, he's gone, and I get what I want.

DMK
Mar. 19, 2001, 01:17 PM
Splat - binging is a necessary component of a healthy horse show lifestyle!

I was shocked that I made it out of winter with only a beval pad and a lovely new (brown) belt from Zest of the West... Of course last year I bought a scooter, ordered a new pair of chaps and 2 new custom shirts, and another lovely (black) belt from Zest, I suppose a little "pacing" was in order here /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Bumpkin
Mar. 19, 2001, 01:22 PM
OHHHH Jair I thought those Hadfields were quite lovely hanging there.
Alas, all poor Elliot got from Maplesprings, was a large soft horsehair brush, haha. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
I am so glad you went, what a great way to spend a positively wicked rainy weekend.
/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

What about the Calibre saddles? What did Alice think of those? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Robby Johnson
Mar. 19, 2001, 01:35 PM
Had you purchased the field boots!!!!!

Anecdotal: Dehner field boots are beautiful, but a barn buddy bought a brand new custom pair in 1998, and with minimal show wear had some significant popped stitches/breakdown and then had significant customer service issues getting them repaired. Food for thought. If you're going to buy new boots of that sort, consider all of the options.

RJ (who agrees that Alice does NOT *need* a standing martingale to do the hunters)

DMK
Mar. 19, 2001, 02:04 PM
Oh Robby, Alice has the soul of a hunter princess... she knows that it's not about the martingale, it's about The Look

I'll put my vote in for dehners though... excellent craftmanship, mine are holding up just fine and they were a few bucks less expensive than vogels...

Jair
Mar. 19, 2001, 02:05 PM
Too true Robby! Its kind of funny really about the martingale! I couldn't seem to stop him or the saleslady from getting one! But I did make sure that it had the ring for the running martingale attachment (as DMK noted I will need it in the future!).

It is beautiful though! ;-)

Alas Bumpkin, I made a point about not looking at the saddles! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif too tempting!!

Thanks Splat!! Will post pics when I get some from our first show in May.

You are evil DMK!! Rubber reins, really /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif I mean, if I move to the jumpers, don't you know I'll need a jumper bridle??? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dru
Mar. 19, 2001, 02:18 PM
Oh my, you have taken me back to the happy time when I worked in a tack store and spent every penny I made on equipment ! And how we loved to see someone owned by an Alice come in ! Early 80's, closing time on a Saturday, and I was the only one there. At 5:59, in comes a very charming man, telling me that he is a visitor from far away and that his brother in law, Dr. X, sent him over because the shop has EVERYTHING. By 6:30 he had purchased two Lane Fox saddles, two show bridles, complete outfits for his wife (not there but he knew all the sizes) and himself, coolers, New Zealand rugs, show halters, leather leads, you name it. I thought the total was going to burn out the rickety cash register. And when I did the credit card check the company approved it.
And me not on commission ! The next morning the owner called me with a funny tone in her voice.
She said "Did you make a mistake in the amount when you rang up your last sale ?" "I don't think so....is there something wrong ?" "Well, not really, but Dr. X called and said he liked the saddles his visitor bought so much when he saw them that he wants one for himself, even though he has never ridden saddle seat before. I answered in the house, and then I went to the register, but it didn't seem possible that you sold all that stuff after closing time !"

And now I understand that it wasn't my excellent salesmanship that did it, just a couple of saddlebred voices in the the guy's ear !

Blinky
Mar. 19, 2001, 02:19 PM
Your story gave me tingles. Kudos to you HWBA!

DMK
Mar. 19, 2001, 02:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You are evil DMK!! Rubber reins, really I mean, if I move to the jumpers, don't you know I'll need a jumper bridle??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I stand Guilty as Charged /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But I suppose if you wanted to save some money, you could just purchase a lovely Hadfields raised figure eight noseband and transform it into a jumper bridle... I'm sure Alice, The High Priestess of Impeccable Taste would only toss you into one or two oxers for the insult....

wtywmn4
Mar. 19, 2001, 02:33 PM
Oh sure Jair, blame it on poor Alice /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif You know that down deep in your soul, it was you imitating her voice. Using your fabulous technic of ventriloquism to make HWBA buy that fabulous bridle and martingale. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Reckoning
Mar. 19, 2001, 02:33 PM
Job well done, Jair! Tell me, did Alice get a breastplate with fuzzy fleece cover? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Canter
Mar. 19, 2001, 02:38 PM
Jair - thanks for the laugh!!! I'm afraid we all have mini-Alice's sitting on our shoulders waiting to go tack shopping!
Love the fact that s/o is willing to shop and shows such good taste. My hubby I'm afraid means well, but I'd probably end up with a lovely western saddlepad for my GP jumper instead!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kellybird
Mar. 19, 2001, 02:51 PM
If Becca got to pick the tie...I get to pick a belt...Gucci or Coach all the way. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

You are one lucky guy! Thank goodness you have a horse with such a fab sense of style and someone willing to melt the plastic and burn the credit history reports for you. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Everythingbutwings
Mar. 19, 2001, 03:10 PM
I had an inkling when you had not reported back on the results of the "Outfitting Jair" event.

Hopefully you purchased appropriate traveling attire for her so she will be comfortable on her trip east!

Baroni
Mar. 19, 2001, 03:32 PM
Jair - it sounds like you are a "Horse Fashion Psychic" - perhaps you could setup one of the Psychic Friends hotlines and find out what my boy really thinks of his new Hawaiin print schooling pad?

Jair
Mar. 19, 2001, 03:40 PM
That's easy Baroni! I can hear your horse's thoughts from here! This is what he thinks re the Hawaiian pad:

/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Great story Dru! oh what a shame you weren't on comission!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif That would have been nice - although you'd probably have spent it back on tack anyways eh? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I think you hit just a little too close to home there Wtywmn4 /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Why no, slugger, hadn't thought about the fleecey breastplate thanks for the reminder!... and rest assured ETBW, your Alice will have some show clothes soon! I saw a lovely halter with really soft and furry fleeceys sewn on it for shipping! I'm sure Alice would love it! hmmmmm my birthday is coming up soon.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

[This message was edited by Jair on Mar. 19, 2001 at 06:49 PM.]

Jo
Mar. 19, 2001, 04:23 PM
I am ROFLMFAO. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jeb
Mar. 19, 2001, 04:27 PM
Sounds like you had a fun shopping excursion!
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

OnyxThePony
Mar. 19, 2001, 04:44 PM
I like the HWBA designation beter than s/o, lover or pozzle-Q. I have a He Who Bought Moody and Liz.
HWBMAL insists Liz must be a raggy-tag orphan horse and I must be a raggy-tag rider since we spent all our money on the four hooves and had the tail thrown in!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif However, I did notice him sizing up some new breeches I insisted I needed /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I have the feeling he is hearing a Liz voice in his head... and it sounds a bit like Zsa-Zsa.. Diamonds in Biarritz, dahling.. oh wait, that is MY voice!! Biarritz is telling him, Vaccinations, please, and plenty of em and please do my hooves as well, and don't forget my special sweet-feed....

hunterested
Mar. 19, 2001, 04:56 PM
The key to good fashion, dear Jair, is accessories! Let's see: gloves, polos, shiny silver stirrups and my personal favorite, a well made, tasteful but attention getting smooth handled black quality leather whip! Well not that Alice will ever need a whip but a small token of surprise should always be within reach. Cause hey, you never know! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Everythingbutwings
Mar. 19, 2001, 04:57 PM
How am I to phrase "He who was sucked into paying stud fee for non rideable mare to produce the beauteous Miss Maddie?" Rephrase imminent!

Okay, Replace Mr. Wings with "MWLDWF" (that's man who lay down with foal) Something is missing here!

I think we shall stick with the name he responds so nicely to /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Mr. Wings, and I shall continue to shred the first (detailed)page of the VISA statement and explain on the "amount due" page that "it was for MADDIE, not ME!"

If it is for Maddie, then it must be purchased. ETBW is not getting chaps from Journeyman. Not in the cards. Not in this century and it is early. Doomed.

You ROCK, Alice!

Gallop On
Mar. 19, 2001, 05:25 PM
I am convinced that this BB is just one big corporate tack manufacturing conspiracy designed for the sole purpose of making us covet!! My pony is getting better and better dressed by the day and it's everybody's fault but mine! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Lovely Alice
Mar. 19, 2001, 05:27 PM
Forgive please the English is not too gut yet. I haf only been in this country not long.

Jair makes big exaggeration. I only make kind suggestion, not demand. He must know he cannot sit on me und not look as gut as do I.

The blue coat looks wery gut mit Jair's yellow hair und blue eyes, und more important mit my shiny brun coat.

He Who Bought Me is a gut boy, und has big credit line, vich I like wery much. I wery much needed the pretty bridle und reins. It would not be gut for me to go to show without being correct. Ya?

Still, Jair is gut to me und I vill keep him I think. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Portia
Mar. 20, 2001, 08:06 AM
Jair, don't forget Portia in the group of 6 year old mares who are spoiled to death and get everything they want.

They will form a new clique, the "Six Year Old Fancy Jumper Mares Who Own People Clique." /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm surprised Alice hasn't begged for one of these yet: http://www.peopleonhorses.com/ Portia loves hers!. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Jair
Mar. 20, 2001, 08:25 AM
OMG! Lovely Alice that is hysterical!! You made me laugh out loud - god only knows what my co-workers are thinking /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I am very glad to hear that you are happy with your current owners and have decided to keep me /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Funny though, you didn't show me much appreciation last night when I was trying to get you to do smooth canter trot simple changes in our lesson /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Take a peek at Portia's website at those lovely browbands.... maybe we can work something out? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Robby Johnson
Mar. 20, 2001, 08:29 AM
(in my best Destiny's Child voice)

Question:

When did they begin making martingales with rings for detachable standing/running attachments? I know you can do this with a breastplate, but have never seen a martingale with this feature.

Enlighten me!

Robby

p.s. If what you have is a breastplate then GOODONYAx2! I love breasplates!

Bumpkin
Mar. 20, 2001, 08:36 AM
Oh Jair forget the Calibre's! Maplesprings just got in a new/used County Pro Fit that would most likely fit "Lovely Alice"! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Lovely Alice
Mar. 20, 2001, 08:47 AM
Jair, for simple changes, it is not my fault you do not keep even in both reins und use enough outside leg. How vill you learn if I do not make you to be correct?

I haf looked at brow bands. I like wery much the one called Baroque mit the Garnet stone, or the one called Sunburst with the Topaz stone. Ja, both would look wery gut on mein brun face. Und you see I am not demand. They are not the most money costing ones. Ven we do jumpers, you get for me, ja?

Everythingbutwings
Mar. 20, 2001, 09:03 AM
You are hilarious! (That's Jair, not you dear Alice /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) Alice is impeccable.

halfhalt
Mar. 20, 2001, 09:52 AM
just from listening to that story! Do you like the Hadfield boots? I know everyone wears those black and white Eskadron (spelling's wrong, i know) but i'm a sucker for those leather open fronts...bought some at Running fox at the Royal 2 years ago, what a sucker i am! Must have been the spririt of Alice...

BTW, why not make that a clique for "Spoiled 6 year old Jumpers of any Sex?" Then i could join...

Portia
Mar. 20, 2001, 10:00 AM
Yep, it can be a Spoiled Six Year Old Jumpers Clique -- so long as the geldings know they have to listen to the girls! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

halfhalt
Mar. 20, 2001, 10:17 AM
to listen to the girls by the time he's 6, he's definitely in trouble...

Tosca
Mar. 20, 2001, 10:38 AM
Portia! /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif You should not have posted that site! I'm just dying to get the Sunburst-topaz, gold ling, gold rondells-one for my horse. Never mind it costs almost the same price as my whole bridle does, but oh it would look so wonderful on Draco, my big chestnut Han/TB. The topaz colour matches him perfectly! Maybe I'll use Jair's method /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif and get my boyfriend to buy it for me. Draco's birthday is coming up after all and he would be oh so grateful for the new stylish addition to his bridle...Hmmm, I'll see what I can do.

Moesha
Mar. 20, 2001, 12:08 PM
Hey Jair, sounds cool! I know Lordon's has great deals on WeatherBeeta's and Blue Eagle has a nice selection, what is this new one? In Cobble Hill? Duncan?

Jair
Mar. 20, 2001, 12:27 PM
Maplesprings Tack Shop in Langley, BC.

Would love to visit your VA ones some day though. Provided HWBA comes along of course /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Everythingbutwings
Mar. 20, 2001, 12:29 PM
Custom chaps would melt HWBA's last reservation! Alice would then need a new show saddle......... /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Moesha
Mar. 20, 2001, 12:42 PM
Oh, Fish and Chip land near Fraiser HGWY.

Mazzy
Mar. 20, 2001, 12:46 PM
Jair, I wish I'd been there. What fun it must have been.

Now I know Alice and Archie are related. It must be a German thing to speak quietly yet clearly in one's ear while tack shopping. My own story has a similar end, I'm (restate not me but my VISA) afraid to say!

Ziggy needed a new custom made saddle shortly after I purchased him. Well, more accurately, my existing saddle did not fit and was irritating his long and occasionally sore back. In come Prestige and the wonderful Jill from Malvern Saddlery in PA and Ziggy gets measured. Jill of course, made all the appropriate cooing noises over Ziggy and many treats were awarded for standing like a statue. We ended the session with an agreement to buy the saddle and many pats to Zig Zig for explempary behaviour.

Unfortunately as she is preparing to leave, I catch Archie's mornful expression. "What no saddle for me?, You don't love me as much! You bought me first and I didn't get a saddle!!" Break your heart. So out comes Archie and Jill's equipment. Cut to an hour later......

Mazzy happily (what planet did I grow up on.....that's right, the one where I wished for the stars and the parents could only give me the adhesive type, bless them!) agrees to buy each a new saddle. Archie, looking distinctly more content than 60 minutes hence, walks proudly back to his stall and graciously licks my hand. A rather carroty infused slobbery kiss of gratitude. I was forgiven and he got his own way. Darn that Hanoverian face.

Moral of the story: Do not arrange to purchase one horse something within view of the other family member, its a guaranteed conclusion that the budget will double.

Kisses to Alice and Adrian (lest we forget the hero of your story!).

Jair
Mar. 20, 2001, 02:24 PM
LOL! You got it Moesha! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MAZ - so so true. Poor Bambi was going green in jealousy when Alice was modeling her new bridle the other night. Doesn't help that he is stabled next to her either - I'm sure she whispers not-so-sweet-nothings in his ear at night too! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Problem is he doesn't need anything at the moment. He already has 4 different pairs of boots dozens of polos and a gazillion saddle pads... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Glad Archie wasn't left out though /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Lovely Alice
Mar. 20, 2001, 02:50 PM
Jair, you are mean to me. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I am not whispering bad things to Bambi. I am being nice to him. I maybe am telling him he has funny name for a boy but I am German und it is maybe OK in North America for a boy to have girl's name?

Bambi is happy I am here because less work for him, ja? He tells me he is not jealous that you und He Who Bought You For Me give me pretty new things. He is boy und does not care about how it is you look when you ride him. It is only food he is caring for. He is wanting you to give me more things. I am fraulein und I need more, ja?

Jair
Mar. 20, 2001, 02:57 PM
OMG!

I can't stop laughing......................

Jair
Mar. 20, 2001, 04:02 PM
Darling, sweetie! I am not being mean! (says Jair realizing he has a jumping lesson on her tonight and does not wish to hit the ground unexpectedly)

hmmmm I always thought that Bambi liked all of his nice things. Perhaps you should ask him if he'd give you his nice Butet saddle, matching bridle and boot collection? Somehow I don't think you'll get a very enthusiastic response! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

But I understand that you are new here, and are learning the Canadian way -oh you're not too cold are you? heeheehee

I guess I never mentioned it, but Ich spreche ein wenig vom Deutschen

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tin
Mar. 20, 2001, 04:16 PM
hey congrats Jair! I bet you and Alice will look just smashing dahling, pictures are definatly a must!

I must say though that I'm a little hurt that you didn't call me to fit your breeches, I mean, didn't I do a good job with your thong? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Bumpkin
Mar. 20, 2001, 04:20 PM
There is a fabulous fish and chip shop out between Cloverdale and Maple Springs.
We should meet there sometime. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Lovely Alice
Mar. 20, 2001, 04:22 PM
Sie sprechen das Deutsch? Das ist gut. Deutsches ist eine gute Sprache, aber ich mochte mein Englisch verbessern, also halte ich, es anstelle vom Deutschen zu sprechen.

I will not toss you off since you are buying me many pretty things. If you fall, it cannot be helped that you fall because I jump wery gut. I am all the time telling you to hang on.

I do not vant the saddle and others being from Bambi. They are pretty, but they are his. Und they are used. You vill be getting me my own in time, ja?

Regalmeans
Mar. 20, 2001, 05:33 PM
LOL - that's so amusing! At least I'm not the only one with self restraint problems.

But I fear we have opened a can of worms - now REGAL wants his own SN and is horribly mad that I am already using his name!

Sarah * AKA "Regal's Person"

farfel
Mar. 20, 2001, 10:13 PM
Allright, Jair! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Glad you had fun! Isn't it just to die for?

I haven't checked out the Hadfield's stuff yet, but my doggie (surrogate horse) is the proud owner of a lovely Edgewood dog collar. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BTW, they also carry a very nice leather conditioner by Sedgewick & Co. that my doggie is also (strangely) very fond of - what is IN that stuff? She goes nuts when I have it out!

Bumpkin, I too have ogled the Calibre saddles - oooh, French calf... /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Jair
Mar. 21, 2001, 09:58 AM
Meine liebe Alice, liebe ich Sie sehr, aber stoppe bitte, mir zur t�glichen Arbeit zu folgen!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Yes Farfel! It is to die for! Apparently I'm not supposed to oil it ever. Not that it looks like it will need any.

Oh sorry Tin! I need a new bathing suit this summer, want to come help me choose a new pair of speedos? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Alice dear - of course you may have anything you want, just remember to always look as impressive as possible whenever a) at a showground and b) whenever there are DQ's about!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

(Too funny Regal! I must say its bizarre being followed by my horse!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

Mazzy
Mar. 22, 2001, 10:09 AM
This was about the funniest thread ever.....who is "Lovely Alice".....I know you laughed as hard as I did Jair. OMER....it was worth posting to move it up for other to read again. Baaaahahhhhahahahahahah.

Reginapony
Mar. 22, 2001, 10:42 AM
Hi Jair,
It is a good thing you don't ride western! $10,000.00 silver encased saddles and $500.00 silver dripping bridles. Don't forget the $500.00 silver encrusted bits and the $500.00 breastcollars. How about a saddle blanket in your colors for $350.00. Don't forget that fashion colors changes about twice a year with the changes of the seasons!

Good thing I am a pleasure trail rider, I love to shop!

Mazzy
Mar. 22, 2001, 10:45 AM
What is a "silver dripping" bridle? Pardon the ignorance but I thought I'd ask. Is is a bridle with silver "stuff" on the ends of buckles and the brow band or am I way off?

Van Teal
Mar. 22, 2001, 10:52 AM
the western bridles and saddles can be so extravagant, I saw one that had rubbies and diamonds in the farms logo, and trimmed the brow bands and cheek peices, saddle, breast plate, and of course the halter for showing in hand. the colors of the farm were red and white. The tack literally stays in a locked vault when not being used.

Duffy
Mar. 22, 2001, 10:57 AM
Yes, Jair. I am very pleased. Alice sounds quite pleased as well. Good job. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Lovely Alice
Mar. 22, 2001, 11:10 AM
Rubies und diamonds on der bridle? This is sound wery gut to me, ja. I vould be looking even more beautiful in rubies und diamonds....

Ich liebe Sie auch, mein Lieblingsjunge Jair!

Mazzy
Mar. 22, 2001, 11:13 AM
ROFLMAO.......perfect.

Lovely Alice should win the March Award for Best Poster. In honor of Sunday night's Oscar Awards, I humbly nominate you (and attempt to post in your presence). /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jair
Mar. 22, 2001, 11:29 AM
oh gee, thanks Van Teal/Reginpony, now you've gone and given her ideas /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Sorry Alice sweetie! its cubic zirconium for you! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Mazzy
Mar. 22, 2001, 11:37 AM
Watch it Jair.....or it'll be a back rail as a necktie for you. I'd invest quickly to repair the damage you may have just caused.

Lovely Alice
Mar. 22, 2001, 12:01 PM
Was ist dieses "cubic zirconium"?

I am hurt. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I did not say the rubies und diamonds I must haf. Only I am saying I would look more beautiful in them.

Jair is not answering though I am already telling him I haf looked at brow bands. I tell him I like der one with Garnet stone, or der one with Topaz stone. There are others being much more expense, but I did not ask for them. I say before, I am not demand. I am saying only truth.

Bambi
Mar. 22, 2001, 12:09 PM
Do not listen to her Jair, mon ami!

That is not what she ees saying vhen we are alone at night is zee barn.

Mademoiselle Alice will rooo-in your credit rating if she ees allowed to haf her way.

Est-ce qu' en outre, je n'etais pas votre premier cheval? Je devrais toujours venir d'abord, bien?

Please don't forget about me

/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Mazzy
Mar. 22, 2001, 12:12 PM
Oh my gooooooooodness. I just bust a gut. This is the funniest thread ever.

Bambi darling, you can move here anytime. Archie and Ziggy would love another brother. They're still babies and with your experience you could guide them, teach them and basically RULE. Please please please say you'll come. After all, I am Canadian so I talk with the right accent to make you feel right at home, mon ami!

Lovely Alice
Mar. 22, 2001, 12:30 PM
Bambi ist franzosisch, vich he cannot help, und zo I vill try to forgive him for the lies he is saying.

Do not be forgetting, Bambi is the one having the Butet saddle, vich is nice saddle ewen that it too ist french.

Regalmeans
Mar. 22, 2001, 12:33 PM
I'm just laughing too hard /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Alice dear, be kind to your owner - it's not easy having a horse who posts on the same BB you do. And whatever else you do DO NOT encourage Regal to start posting....that's the last thing I need....

Sarah * AKA "Regal's Person"

Heidi
Mar. 22, 2001, 12:38 PM
Wahhhhhhh and achhhhh! I cannot believe that mommy could be so duplicitous - coveting another horse so publicly and droolingly on a BB.

Lovely Alice, paw, paw, come here often? Didn't know I, too, could sprechen sie deutsche, ja? Now about that missing 'gland', what's a little testosterone between hannovarians? We can be like Will and Grace.

[This message was edited by The Arch Man on Mar. 22, 2001 at 03:44 PM.]

Mazzy
Mar. 22, 2001, 01:58 PM
Dearest Arch Man, I would never never covet over you, I would just admire from afar. Please forgive me after all its your Birthday on Friday and I have presents.......

Lovely Alice
Mar. 22, 2001, 02:51 PM
Arch Man, you too are Hannoveraner, ja? I should then like to be meeting you.

You could not give me fohlen, und this is a problem. Also explain please why a grown horse calls she who is owned by him "Mommy." Most disturbing. Since you are gelding though I will not be minding and we will be friends, I think. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jair
Mar. 22, 2001, 03:03 PM
Both my horses are following me to work now! /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Its bad enough I slave away to pay for them but now they are making demands and fighting over me!!!

I love you both so there!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

and Archie may come over any time to stay.... especially during show season /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Heidi
Mar. 22, 2001, 03:13 PM
Lovely Alice, you have much to learn about the ways of the North Americanized Hannovarian.

I call her Mommy cause she's then less inclined to get mad at me when I flood the barn or escape from my stall. I see you are in need of my counsel. Yes, I shall come to your slumber party Lovely Alice. In the meantime, repeat after me: "Daddy Jair, I really didn't mean to destroy the seventh blanket you've bought me this week".

Mommy Maz, what'd you buy me for my birthday???

brilyntrip
Mar. 22, 2001, 08:12 PM
Jair You are too funny on all threads!!!He Who Bought Alice!!(HWBA)too much,it amazes me that all of you guys don't write for some sort of situation comedy .But definitely not ON T-heads no humor there!!!

Gijon
Mar. 23, 2001, 07:39 AM
Vas is dist "Mommy"? I haf just been dragged from wahrm plac to ferry cold part of worl - am very full of, how new short man with fuud sez, "piss und vinegar"?

Zey call me Joe, but I sink is becuase they haf no Gehrman. But I vill let them luf me anyhow for I am beautiful Hanoverian. Arch-Man und Lovely Alice, iss ferry nice to mit you. I look forward to this "slumber" party, vas ist "slumber"?

Vill you plees tell tall redhead vuman that sez that she is my "Mommy" thet fuud und fancy tack is all ferry important for my growing body und my mental strehnth - must be like all Gehrmans, ferry strong! Must go buck now, I vill talk later.

Mazzy
Mar. 23, 2001, 09:39 AM
Laughing too hard to type......

Who is The Arch Man? Me thinks its some rascally pal who knows his Highness a little too well. Hmmmmmmm, who could it be?

Welcome Gijon. The Hanoverian Clique rules. Alice, Archie and Joe. Such good blue collar names for such fancy ponies /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

brilyntrip
Mar. 23, 2001, 09:50 AM
I hope my babies aren't currently reading this thread or gawd psychically linked!I could not afford what Blackie and Pebbles might want after they learn what other children are getting from their mommies and daddies!

Canter
Mar. 23, 2001, 10:04 AM
OH LOLOLOL. I wonder what a horse psychologist would make of this????

Gijon
Mar. 23, 2001, 10:40 AM
Vat is zis? Am funny to you?

Nein, am big strong Hanoverian boy!

Must go buck now - to show just how big und strong I am!

Mazzy
Mar. 23, 2001, 10:48 AM
What would a regular psychologist make out of this? I bet they haven't developed appropriate medication for this type of issue yet.

Bambi
Mar. 23, 2001, 11:08 AM
Hannoverian shmannoverian

What ees zis fascionation with le chevaux de Germany?

Les selles francais are sooooooo much more lighter and faster, ne c'est pas? I will always a-beat those dumbloods in zee jump off.

Jair knows that too, I haf von him many ribbons at le shows in zee big classes. He ees more suited to me anyhow.

Not le bigfoot brown mare.

Mazzy
Mar. 23, 2001, 11:12 AM
Hey Bambi, just make sure you're out of striking range when calling her a big footed brown mare. After all she's dumped Daddy in the mud, who knows what she's capable of.

Heidi
Mar. 23, 2001, 11:16 AM
Gijon, you are not worthy of the Lovely Alice. She is the Grace to my Will - the cultural reference will be lost on you who is new to the North American ways.

You get sauerkraut sweet feed, nein? Lovely Alice will smell you coming a mile away. She is of delicate sensibilities and will be repelled by you.

I am angry now and will take it out on Mommy's trailer. But again, ja, Mutter, will forgive me cause as she tells me, I am das chestnut man!

Bambi
Mar. 23, 2001, 11:20 AM
you can haf Alice l'Arch man.

Just take her avay.

She would not hurt HWBA's friend MaaaaZ, she ees too materialistic for zat. Besides, I vould give her un big kick if she tried to throw heem again. /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

No von hurts my Jairie

Heidi
Mar. 23, 2001, 11:31 AM
You who possesses the name of a girl, Bambi, you are wise to concede the Lovely Alice to me.

Sincerely,
L'Arch de Triomphe.

Anna
Mar. 23, 2001, 11:45 AM
Howdy Y'all - I am PK - VTrider's TB in VA.

I would love for some of y'all to come down to VA for a helpin' heepin' of my hospitality. I will teach you how to be evil and mean to your master!

I like to bite chain cross ties and saw them in half as well as chase Canadian geese and peacocks.

I live on a gorgoeus farm and would love for y'all to come visit sometime.

I'm just a good TB who never raced, so I go pretty slow. I detest flatwork, but love to go to shows. My rider is a moron and I have to bail her out when she rides me up to mystery distances.

Do any of y'all's riders ever make mistakes?

One thing I have learned is not to bite the hand that feeds you. That will earn you a nice dandy brush thrown up-side your head.

Alice, Bambi, Arch and Gijon - Have a good weekend.

Pocket Trainer
Mar. 23, 2001, 11:59 AM
I must tell you that you foreigners are going about this total enslavement of your owner ALL the wrong way...

First, you must impress your owner with your Sam Savitt good looks. Of course this requires that you be a Thoroughbred, but some things can't be helped.

Then you foster an attitude of total superiority and royalty. The "Look of Eagles" works well here, but don't be aloof all the time. Smart royalty spends some time with the commoners - it keeps us well fed and robed. They are grateful for your presence. They will never know they are being used.

Then you impress her with your amazing talents and trainability, in spite of the fact you spent a few years on the track. This will always get you bonus points.

After you have attended a few shows, the goods will start rolling in. If I could only describe the sheer quantity and quality of clothing I have. And everytime I shred one, the silly fool spends MORE on the replacement!!!

Then, after your place is totally secure, it's time for your Master Move. I suggest starting with a well-timed abscess. The farrier or the footing will get the blame, and you will get the show off. Next, you may want to work up to something more reliable, like "thin walls"... A nice, non-descript complaint that can get you a few holidays every 5 weeks or so, and VERY easy to pull off if you are a TB. Unfortunately, a crafty owner will start scheduling the farrier around your shows. While at first this can be a hindrence, learn to use this to your advantage. A well-timed strained ankle or small wound 2 weeks after the farrier visits is likely to get you out of a show!

Another important thing to know is how not to go too far - even if it is for a big show. If the vet shows up with Big Machines, you might just possibly have miscalculated. Last thing you want to do is to spend time in the local University Hospital. They don't EVER give you the good treats, and when you decide to stop eating that garbage they call "hay" as a show of your displeasure (like you have EVER eaten it off the floor!), they assume you are colicing. I don't want to describe what follows that diagnosis...

The only possible good thing to come out of those experiences is that your mother will treat you like a God for at least 4 more weeks. Until you try to spit her into an oxer in an attempt to convince her that when they operated on your leg they removed all the brain cells that had ever seen a jump before...

Anna
Mar. 23, 2001, 12:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Of course this requires that you be a Thoroughbred, but some things can't be helped. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen - you and I could grow to be good friends.

Who would want to be a dumbblood - oops, I mean Warmblood!

Bambi
Mar. 23, 2001, 12:15 PM
good points Robair mon ami!

Not bad for just e plain ole thoroughbred. I deed not realize zat you were so eentiligent - always thought you guys were veery scatterbrained. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Pocket Trainer
Mar. 23, 2001, 12:19 PM
Amazing the things you learn, isn't it Bambi...

For instance I always thought you guys were upscale cart horses /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PS - I was a nice horse until that wench DMK got me.

Mazzy
Mar. 23, 2001, 12:50 PM
L'Arch de Triomphe......work of genius.

Lovely Alice
Mar. 23, 2001, 01:15 PM
Gijon, willkommen nach Amerika. Ist wery strange place, but ist gut ven you are used to it. I vill not call you Joe. Is too Amerikan for proper Hannoveraner.

You too are being a gelding, ja? Too bad. All Hannoveraner I meet in Amerika are gelding. But ve can be friends still, ja.

Do not be paying attention to Bambi. Sie kennen die Franzosen. They are after all eating snails und such.

Ja, ve can be friends, und also mit PK und Robbie und others. But they must all be knowing that der German horses know how to keep our people correct, ja?

Jair
Mar. 23, 2001, 01:29 PM
Stop making fun of Bambi!!

and no, you may not make friends with anything other than a gelding! I want no sudden 11 month layoffs from the show season.

So please behave! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Bambi - I am not getting rid of Alice. Period. Now, you really must try to get along especially over the next two weeks while I'm gone. Comprendez-vous? I do not want to come back to lame horses due to personality mishaps in the paddock.

Gijon/Robbie/PK - stop giving my horses bad habits or I'll tell your owners!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Lovely Alice
Mar. 23, 2001, 02:07 PM
Mein lieber Jair, sind nicht mit mir verargert. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I vill be nice to Bambi, ewen though he is der one starting it.

I only vant to make friends with der other horses. I do not want to have fohlen now, und ruin mein figure. But a girl must keep her eye out for the stallion who vill be perfect for making with her der strong fohlen ven it is time, ja?

Heidi
Mar. 23, 2001, 02:39 PM
In honour of my beloved, Alice, I have adapted Jimi Henrix's "Foxy Lady". I know the song only because mein mutter plays it, very loudly, when speeding on dirt roads to HITS.

Foxy Alice
You know you are a cute little butt breaker
Foxy yeah,
And you know you are a sweet little fohlen maker
Foxy

I wanna take you in my paddock, yeah
I won't do you no harm cause I'm a geld-a
You've got to be all mein, all mein
ooh Foxy Alice
Foxy, Foxy

Now-a I see you trot into the show ring
oh Foxy
You make me wanna rear and-a neigh
Foxy, oh baby prick your ear forward now
I've made up my mind my marish fraulein,
I'm tired of wasting all my precious time
You've got to be all mine, all mine

ooh, Foxy Alice
Ooh, Foxy Alice, neigh, neigh
You trot so good, Foxy
oh yeah Foxy
yeah, give us some oats, Foxy
Foxy Alice
Foxy Alice
Foxy Alice

Proof Set
Mar. 23, 2001, 03:09 PM
What is this "work" that I have heard mentioned?

Life is treats and scritches behind the ears and soft brushes. Otherwise, I stamp my feet and wring my tail and my humans produce pretty darned quick, I am proud too say!

My human mother (I have many doting maternal beings) has been saying confusing things about "A" shows for babies, but I don't listen to her.

I have Hanovarian step-cousins but they only send me presents from their county, I have never met them although they are grown up and have a trailer of their own. My human mother brought me a trailer to play with but she is poor and couldn't keep it for more than the holiday so I didn't get a chance to go for a very long ride. I liked it, though, My human toy man rode with me and gave me many treats.

Would Alice, PK, Bambi, Robbie, and Joe like to be invited to my birthday party? My human mother has promised me anything I want. I am making a list but she won't let me see any of the nice catalogs that she has. The only ones she leaves around for me to see have the words "Select Sale" on them and the horses in those ones don't have nice things to wear.

Lovely Alice
Mar. 23, 2001, 03:21 PM
Arch Man! You haf nearly von mein heart mit your wonderful song. I am sending you big kiss. Ven ve meet you will sing me my song, ja? Maybe you teach it to Jair und haf him sing to me so I can hear what it is sounding like.

Proof Set, you are sounding wery young. You vill learn vas ist work. It is not too bad, und you will like der jumping. You vill get to dress up und all people will tell you how pretty you are und give you treats, und you vill be able to show off for the other horses.

Proof Set
Mar. 23, 2001, 03:41 PM
All my humans watch and neigh loudly! They come running but don't seem pleased that I can jump so high over the funny white tapes in my way.

Then they stroke me all over and give me many, many treats! My Aunt Pat has the best treats, she brings me cored and sliced apples. My other human mother (the one that comes every day) acts unhappy and then she gets fussy and only lets me have the cookies she bought for everyone! .

My human toy man bought me a new halter but it is very, very big and I am annoyed with him. It is NOT what I wanted! I have a turn out sheet but it isn't a Rambo and even my Hanovarian step-cousin's companion pony has one of those!

Everythingbutwings
Mar. 24, 2001, 11:35 AM
You need to get your horses out more and keep them occupied safely away from the electronic equipment.

Wings, Maddie and Pockets are now hoping for a T1 line installed at the new barn!

Anna
Mar. 24, 2001, 12:11 PM
I just returned to my field after a lesson with my master's mean evil trainer. All he kept yelling at her to do was to kick me and hit me. Not much fun, but I finally gave in an started go round. That flatwork crap is for the birds!!!!

But I had fun and I got to jump big jumps. I made my master work though. I wasn't going to be her guardian angel to all those 3'6" jumps. She had to actually package me together and think for a change or I was going to leave from wherever I wanted to.

All in all a fun day, but I am glad to be back in the field doing what I do best - EATING!

Trooper
Mar. 26, 2001, 11:01 AM
MAZ, and Jair - I'm just getting to know Joe and the two of you have to go and let your horses teach him how to access the web? Are you trying to kill me? All he wants to do now is mug for treats and act like the 5 year old he is!!!

He hasn't figured out yet that he is allowed to misbehave when we're working. The worst he does is stop and hang out in the middle of the ring when he thinks we're done and looke back at me with this hang-dog expression "you mean I haf to keep vorking?"

That's going to change awfully quickly if you all let your ponies corrupt mine! Come on ... he's only a baby and I'm just a Mom trying to keep my pony safe and sheltered in this scary world!

L Scott
Mar. 26, 2001, 11:21 AM
but his computer is down. If there's a clique he has the credentials. I'll see if I can get him to post a few words, later.

MAZ, Newman and The Arch Man were imported together from what I understand. Perhaps they shared a room. We'll have to ask them.