PDA

View Full Version : Linda Zang lost Jim to a heart attack.

pcwertb
May. 16, 2012, 08:47 AM
http://www.dressage-news.com/?p=15915

Dressage News posted the above. My sincere sympathies, Linda.

ThreeFigs
May. 16, 2012, 09:01 AM
Oh, dear. Sincerest condolences.

Whitfield Farm Hanoverians
May. 16, 2012, 09:11 AM
I'm so sorry. Will keep her & her family in my prayers.

quietann
May. 16, 2012, 09:26 AM
:( . I never had the pleasure of meeting Jim, but have met Linda and she's wonderful... This is so sad.

pcwertb
May. 16, 2012, 09:30 AM
Jim was often at the shows with Linda when she judged in Wellington. He was with her this year when she judged the shows for Global. Jim was always such a pleasant gentleman.

Velvet
May. 16, 2012, 09:39 AM
Who wrote that piece? What in the world did they mean by this statement,
"Warm hearted and friendly, Jim commented that he actually liked watching dressage at all levels, even after its most ardent fans lost interest."

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Bogey2
May. 16, 2012, 10:09 AM
what Velvet means to say is she also sends her condolences. Keeping Linda in my thoughts today.

Velvet
May. 16, 2012, 10:16 AM
what Velvet means to say is she also sends her condolences. Keeping Linda in my thoughts today.

:lol:

Well, since I've never seen Linda out here (unless she's got an alter I don't know about), I didn't really think this was the place to post condolences. I thought the OP was more about notifying people so they can send emails, cards and flowers to Linda--if they know her.

suzy
May. 16, 2012, 11:19 AM

Bless her heart. Of course that's what she meant. ;)

And, sending my sincere condolences, too.

Carol Ames
May. 16, 2012, 12:05 PM
Oh, how terrible:cry::sadsmile:; though, I never had the pleasure of meeting him that I know of; I'm sure he was a wonderful man;) and friend to all:cool:; I feel badly especially for Linda:(:cry:

dalpal
May. 17, 2012, 05:21 PM
Who wrote that piece? What in the world did they mean by this statement,
"Warm hearted and friendly, Jim commented that he actually liked watching dressage at all levels, even after its most ardent fans lost interest."

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Really???????????????????????? A man just died of a heart attack and youre picking apart a quote?????? Good lord. :rolleyes:

Velvet
May. 17, 2012, 07:45 PM
See my previous post and just maybe you'll grasp the reason.

It's no disrespect to him, nor Linda.

I only understand posts to be memorials when they are about someone who has been out here and many people on the board knew them--as with cactuskate. So many of us knew her, it was a tribute when we talked about her.

For Jim, who passed but was never a presence on these boards, it is a newsworthy announcement. I just commented on the writing and the quote used, which is inappropriate for an obituary--especially when the man's wife is an international dressage judge.

ctanner
May. 18, 2012, 11:13 AM
Linda Zang had trained the first dressage horse I showed.

My heartfelt condolences go out to her.