PDA

View Full Version : Dressage Show Apparel Question

MorganJumper848
May. 13, 2012, 04:05 PM
I will be showing my young horse in training level test 2 this summer. I am from the jumper ring but want to give my horse some non-jumping experience this summer. It will be at a recognized show facility. I have this jacket but it doesn't have pockets. Is this allowed? The rulebook doesn't state anything.

http://www.doversaddlery.com/animo-lira-jacket/p/NC-40596A/?gclid=CK2kxZyH_q8CFYMKKgodt2ISww

skykingismybaby1
May. 13, 2012, 04:20 PM
Any jacket will be acceptable, actually your regular jumper clothes will be acceptable at that level.

No worries, but if you want to spend money you can send me that jacket if you like!

SillyHorse
May. 13, 2012, 07:30 PM
It's a beautifull coat, and pockets are not required, so you should be fine. Being that the show is in July, bear in mind that there are attire rules if they waive jackets and you remove yours. Your shirt must be solid or nearly solid colored with long or short sleeves and a collar. You must remove your stock or choker. Contrary to what I've seen claimed here, a hunter-type show shirt (what we used to call a ratcatcher) is perfectly acceptable, as it has a collar that just happens to be turned up. It's not stated in the rules that you have to unbutton your collar, but I would, just to avoid any misunderstandings.

Melyni
May. 13, 2012, 07:33 PM
I(f it gets hot they'll waive jackets then you can show in a short or long sleeved shirt, as long as it white or pale in color, no choker or neck wear.

Have fun.
MW