PDA

View Full Version : kopertox mess

b3
May. 13, 2012, 07:49 AM
Any suggestions on how to clean up a big puddle of kopertox off cement?

Laurierace
May. 13, 2012, 07:49 AM
I would try rubbing alcohol and if that didn't work try DMSO. Just wear gloves.

Hilary
May. 13, 2012, 12:19 PM
Soak up what you can with speedi-dry (or clay kitty litter). Then paint the floor green. I don't know that you can get the stain out.

Frank B
May. 13, 2012, 03:36 PM
Think of it as adding ambiance to the floor. That's the way I solved my problem 25 years ago. BTW, it's still there.

walktrot
May. 14, 2012, 01:14 PM
I had a Kopertox explosion in a grooming box. Nothing worked. I trashed the box. Not only that, but my farrier doesn't like Kopertox partly because it makes such a mess. I switched to Thrushbuster.

Hinderella
May. 14, 2012, 03:31 PM
Nope. Just have an "arts day" at the barn, give everyone a sharpie & decorate the stain :)

draftdriver
May. 15, 2012, 10:07 AM
What about putting a thin layer of cement down over the stain?

Belg
May. 15, 2012, 10:23 AM
Introduce your new thrush-free hoof maintenance area.... beyond that I think getting coppertox out of a pourous object is.... about as fruitful as trying to stop the tide.

That said, any decent detegrent-solvent should be able to break down the oils... try Dawn :=) What you won't get rid of fully is the suspended copper in the mix. You may be able to make it fainter...

Lord Helpus
May. 15, 2012, 05:55 PM
I feel for you. I now have a bunch of green shipping wraps, courtesy of Coppertox.

But then I learned the solution: Put the Coppertox in a little spray bottle (the kind you can get at the Dollar store) and just spray the Coppertox carefully onto the sole in little squirts.

Make sure you get the spray bottle with the twist feature at the spray head so you can turn off the sprayer when you do not need it.

I swear, nothing else spills as often as Coppertox. It has a mind of its own.