PDA

View Full Version : Custom Fab Trailers

ChristieNCritters
May. 12, 2012, 08:27 PM
I am looking to buy my first LQ trailer, and I have found a 1997 Custom Fab that looks like it would meet my requirements well. However, I know nothing about these trailers, and they are not common in my area. This trailer is a 500 mile trip one way, and I would like to educate myself on this brand...I want to be reasonably sure it is worth the trip to see it. So I would love to hear what anyone has to say about Custom Fab, the good, bad and the ugly. Thanks in advance!

In case it matters, it is a 3H slant with 10' short wall LQ and a 5' mid tack.

Tom King
May. 13, 2012, 08:14 AM
They're very stoutly built trailers, built to last. They would be included in a short list of manufacturers I would look at closely, if we were in the market.

stroll
May. 13, 2012, 10:11 PM
We have 2 of them :yes:. Our oldest is a 1989 steel stock trailer and it is still used a great deal hauling hunt horses. When we were in the market for a new aluminum one, we were looking at some name brands, and they were not keen on working with what we wanted, so we decided to go back to Custom Fab. They are a local company for us, and had no problem helping us out with what we wanted in our new stock trailer. They are well built and hold up to a lot of hard work. We bought it in '08 and are still VERY pleased with it. We would not hesitate to buy another one from them.;)

Callison
May. 15, 2012, 03:11 PM
We had a Custom Fab trailer that my dad had custom made back in 1997. Awesome trailer. The story my dad got from the guy was he use to work for 4-Star but ventured out on his own. Ours looked just like a 4-Star trailer but without the hefty price tag.