PDA

View Full Version : Demo Riders Wanted

Jane Savoie
May. 12, 2012, 07:46 AM
I'm not sure if it's ok to post this here so please remove it if it's not.

Do you live in the NJ, NY or PA area?

I'm looking for Demo Riders for the Art of Teaching course that I'll be doing at Gladstone the end of October.

I need several solid First Level Riders on Oct 27 and 28, and then several horses and riders at Second Level and above on Oct 29-30.

I will pay for stabling at USET and riders are welcome to audit the course on the days they ride at no charge.

Info on the course is at: http://savoiedressageacademy.com/mission/

If you're interested in riding, send me a message or share this with someone who would be interested.

Alinera2
May. 12, 2012, 06:35 PM
Hi Jane,

You have a PM! And a big thank you for all you do for the dressage community!

feuerkracher
May. 12, 2012, 07:03 PM
Hi Jane,
I sent you a message on FB. This is a great opportunity- I am very interested!

Leena
May. 13, 2012, 11:26 AM
Crapshout..I am not in the right region...sniff...

Laurierace
May. 13, 2012, 11:42 AM
Fake your address Leena! I would make the trip just to see your magic in person.

Leena
May. 13, 2012, 11:49 AM
Fake your address Leena! I would make the trip just to see your magic in person.

LOL ! If I could..If I could...

hollynanne
May. 13, 2012, 01:39 PM
My husband rode with Jane years ago (9, perhaps?) in Iowa. Our gelding stood out amongst the beautiful WBs, being half draft and a bl/white pinto! He also had two gears in his transmission at the time, park and overdrive! Jane was so nice (and so patient!) and really gave my husband the tools to get the gelding to focus. I still use the "turn the key" with my tb mare.

Thank you, Jane... for all that you do!

NotGrandPrixYet
May. 13, 2012, 02:40 PM
I would be interested in riding with you when you make it to Missouri/Nebraska/Kansas/Oklahoma region. :-)

skippy60
May. 13, 2012, 02:45 PM
Come to SoCal! Come to SoCal!!!!!!!! Actually, Del Mar wouldnt be such a bad place for something like this...

xQHDQ
May. 13, 2012, 04:03 PM
Would love to but I don't know if we'll be solid first level by then. Are auditors welcome?

Skeezix
May. 13, 2012, 04:13 PM
Would love the opportunity, but [snertz] we are in Virginia :(

But if you ever come near Virginia, I could send you a video for review :)

carolprudm
May. 13, 2012, 04:52 PM
Would love the opportunity, but [snertz] we are in Virginia :(

But if you ever come near Virginia, I could send you a video for review :)
Jane was at the Equine Extravaganza in Doswell last year and I'm lobbying for her to come back.

Maybe Sophie will be sound this time

Isabeau Z Solace
May. 13, 2012, 07:54 PM
I am right in the area. Sent a PM. Will let y'all know what happens.

Velvet
May. 13, 2012, 08:45 PM
I'm confused. It has a link to the USDF University, but then it looks like your program is certifying instructors outside of the USDF program. How can they be connected?

GreyDes
May. 13, 2012, 09:55 PM
Velvet - the link is to Jane's Dressage Academy site, which is separate from USDF. She's putting a course together in October on the art of teaching. I've already signed up to audit, and am super-excited!

Bravestrom
May. 13, 2012, 10:20 PM
i think you need to make a visit to Canada

Velvet
May. 13, 2012, 11:00 PM
Velvet - the link is to Jane's Dressage Academy site, which is separate from USDF. She's putting a course together in October on the art of teaching. I've already signed up to audit, and am super-excited!

You obviously didn't got to the program information for instructors. Check out that page and you'll see that she's saying it is linked to USDF University credits. Thus the reason for my question.

Jane Savoie
May. 14, 2012, 01:40 AM
Velvet,
USDF approves certain clinics/seminars/lectures/symposiums in order to award their University credits.

My instructor certification is a completely separate program than the one offered by USDF.

...BUT both auditors and instructors can earn USDF University credits because of the educational content of the program. Sorry for the confusion.

skippy60
May. 14, 2012, 01:43 AM
Come to Del Mar!!! Del Mar!!!

Tucked_Away
May. 15, 2012, 10:29 AM
PM sent!

piaffequeen
May. 15, 2012, 10:45 AM
Jane-contact Sara Schmitt at Hawk Hollow Ranch in Bedminster-she may have some students for you or also Heather Mason at Flying Changes-Lebanon

Jane Savoie
May. 15, 2012, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the lead!:)

amm2cd
May. 15, 2012, 02:40 PM
My sister is schooling GP and in PA.. I'll have to send her a link to this....

ivy62
May. 15, 2012, 03:11 PM
you could also try contacting Riverdale Equestrian Center in the Bronx... I understand they still have some nice dressage riders there too...

DMarsden
May. 16, 2012, 12:30 AM
Hi i am interested in being a Demo rider for the clinic @ Gladstone please send more information.

DDoodle
May. 16, 2012, 03:46 PM
PM Sent.

EmptyPocketFarm
May. 16, 2012, 10:41 PM
Jane,

I sent you a message on your website, but not sure if you receive those directly. I rode with you many years ago in Pennsylvania with Pat and Tammy. I am 1 hour from Gladstone and have solid 2nd level horse (will be showing him 3rd this year). If you are still in need of a rider, please let me know.

Jayne
Epf@Brid-OVR.Com

Jane Savoie
May. 18, 2012, 03:30 PM
Thank you all for the terrific responses! I'm all set right now.

Thanks!
Jane

Isabeau Z Solace
Oct. 23, 2012, 05:51 PM
I am demo riding Monday and Tuesday at the JS Gladstone 'Art of Teaching' event. My 'groom' for the day is now not coming, so I can offer free auditing of the event (including lunch) in exchange for tack/untack services on both days, if anyone knows anyone who might be interested. Send me a PM or drop me a line on FB if interested.

SaddleFitterVA
Oct. 25, 2012, 08:39 AM
did you not receive my email? Or is that not what you are looking for?