PDA

View Full Version : Trainers in/around Wilmington, NC?

rosierides2
May. 11, 2012, 08:25 PM
Does anyone know of or can recommend a great dressage trainer/barn around Wilmington, NC? I am moving that way at the end of the month but have only been able to find eventing barns...

Thanks!! :)

Puddin Pie
May. 12, 2012, 08:43 AM
Cross post on the NCDCTA message board if you have not already. The web site does have a list of trainers, but I don't know how complete it is. Isn't Jim Koford back in the states? He used to be east of Raleigh, but I am not sure where he is based now. Welcome to NC.

AzuWish
May. 12, 2012, 09:01 AM
North, south or west of Wilmington? There is a barn between Wilmington and Jacksonville that hosts Michelle Folden of Charleston once a month.

Brandon Curtis used to train in Wilmington, but he just moved back north.

Check out http://www.edctsa.org/ vs. the statewide org since the statewide doesn't seem to have much east of Raleigh. I lived near Beaufort for three years.

There are some great folk out there, you just have to find them lol. If you want, PM me and I will contact my friend out there to see which trainers she recommends. There is a big dressage barn down there and I'm blanking on the name.

rosierides2
May. 13, 2012, 01:52 AM
Thanks, I will be in between Wilmington and Jacksonville. I am actually from the South, but have not ridden there in over 15 years. I've only been a West Coast dressag-er since then.

SkipHiLad4me
May. 17, 2012, 12:48 PM
Ditto Azu's suggestion of checking with EDCTSA. There are several really good trainers that either live or would work with clients in the area you've mentioned and you'd be able to find them through those folks. Welcome to the area! There are a lot of nice people involved with the local dressage association.