PDA

View Full Version : LONG ISLAND DECEMBER PHA MEETING: A NEW YEAR



Gold Dust
Dec. 6, 2001, 02:52 PM
Yup- New season- New gripes! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

This months December PHA Meeting was mostly planning for the new year. The dinner dance was of course a big topic. Points will be finished by the end of this week and the last invitations will also be mailed. I am going to bring some blank ones on saturday so if you would like one flag me down. I will be there ALL Day[Sag Pond]

PHA horse show comittee met and we are still in the process of tweaking the time scheduel and working on the all weather footing being installed. This year at the dinner dance there will be a 50/50 raffle,$10.00 a pop and that will go towards the horse show fund. The more money we have to work with, the better our show will be. And remeber guys, it is OUR show, all us L.I.'s so lets do it up right!

We also need to think about our spring seminar. Any ideas?

The future web-site was also a discussion. A proposal has been sent to Laura Reed[president LIHSAA] so hopefully we hear from her soon. This is priority in my opinion at this time.

It's a new year so I hope to see more active members this year so we can do the best we can at all our future functions.

Feedback from the masses........

[This message was edited by Gold Dust on Dec. 06, 2001 at 06:32 PM.]

Gold Dust
Dec. 6, 2001, 02:52 PM
Yup- New season- New gripes! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

This months December PHA Meeting was mostly planning for the new year. The dinner dance was of course a big topic. Points will be finished by the end of this week and the last invitations will also be mailed. I am going to bring some blank ones on saturday so if you would like one flag me down. I will be there ALL Day[Sag Pond]

PHA horse show comittee met and we are still in the process of tweaking the time scheduel and working on the all weather footing being installed. This year at the dinner dance there will be a 50/50 raffle,$10.00 a pop and that will go towards the horse show fund. The more money we have to work with, the better our show will be. And remeber guys, it is OUR show, all us L.I.'s so lets do it up right!

We also need to think about our spring seminar. Any ideas?

The future web-site was also a discussion. A proposal has been sent to Laura Reed[president LIHSAA] so hopefully we hear from her soon. This is priority in my opinion at this time.

It's a new year so I hope to see more active members this year so we can do the best we can at all our future functions.

Feedback from the masses........

[This message was edited by Gold Dust on Dec. 06, 2001 at 06:32 PM.]

PONYPULR
Dec. 6, 2001, 03:28 PM
I hope you meant FUNCTIONS, Deb!!!

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

Gold Dust
Dec. 6, 2001, 03:33 PM
The 'n' has been added. LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

M. O'Connor
Dec. 6, 2001, 03:46 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif thank goodness for the spelling police!

Anyone with "vintage" photos that might be used to enhance the ambiance at the 50th anniversary PHA dinner dance, please contact me <<mcleq@aol.com>>

Gold Dust
Dec. 6, 2001, 06:31 PM
Mary- Is it 8x10's that you need? Can't you go to a local Walgreens or CVS and make the copies yourself? If so I can give you a few when I get time to make the copies. Can you and Neil get there a little early the night of the dance for set-up? Janet, I've seen that wall of pictures. I know you have some great ones.

PONYPULR
Dec. 7, 2001, 05:05 AM
I'm on the picture search as I type!! Will have some for you Mary, on Saturday at the show. Almost all are 8 x 10, to big??? But you guys need to get some from our more senior members!! Mine date back mostly to the early 70's, I've got one from '68!! Unless, of course, you want the one with the rattle in my hand.

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

deleyer
Dec. 7, 2001, 05:37 AM
I think I can find some of Dad "Harry deLeyer" of Snowman or Dutch Crown, I know I have some just have to go digging for them, If I cant find them which I will, Deb do you think Mom will give me one? LOL.... and will you ask her for it!!LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Gold Dust
Dec. 7, 2001, 05:54 PM
I need to go dinner dance outfit shopping. Maybe you could come here to go to the mall and we could stop over 'Moms' so you can pick those pictures up! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

PONYPULR
Dec. 7, 2001, 06:33 PM
I have several dresses I can't get into anymore, Deb, if you'd like to shop in my closet!! But you gotta be of the sequint frame of mind. I have a light blue one that's great and 2 black and gold jobs, one we call the Tentacle Dress. Red/orange sparkly number.....

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

Jane
Dec. 7, 2001, 10:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gold Dust:

We also need to think about our spring seminar. Any ideas?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can we get GM again? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And Janet, I never would've pegged you as the sequined type! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Deb, I think you should take her up on the offer....sequines and glitters are still very in you know??!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Oh, and while you're out shopping...don't forget to pick up the dead donkey for that raffle! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LURKNNOMORE
Dec. 7, 2001, 11:43 PM
What is with the dead donkey thing?

deleyer
Dec. 8, 2001, 03:34 AM
You posted at 2:43am? Oh my god I was in a coma at that time...I think if Andre' found out that I posted at that time the computer would of been thrown out the window. LOL! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

deleyer
Dec. 8, 2001, 03:39 AM
I will go to the mall with you to go outfit shopping but I pick out your outfit? LOL, to think this year I have to shop in a different store and size!!! And about going to moms for the picture, I'll ask her mail it! It Christmas time and we dont want to get the season started on the wrong foot, even though you are already there!! LOL. I am laughing my --- off as I am writing this and I am sure you are too! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

LURKNNOMORE
Dec. 8, 2001, 06:19 AM
Yeah, I posted at 230am-somebody has to hold down this fort while the deLeyer girls sleep. Looks like last night it was me and Jane.

Looks like we have yet another update on the infamous website. It's getting soooo EXCITING. Looks like the cross enterer has gotten herself a champion-maybe it's time that we enforce the rules.

brilyntrip
Dec. 8, 2001, 05:56 PM
email me about enforcing rules

PONYPULR
Dec. 9, 2001, 06:15 AM
Mary- Where were you yesterday? I brought my pics to the show and no you!!!

Dress seekers- Tonka Man jock told me about a great store, Estelle's Somethingorother, on 110 in Farmingdale. I know, a bit of a ride, but she said it was worth it. Lots of sparklies!! She got herself a purple number!! She also said the prices were reasonable.

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

M. O'Connor
Dec. 9, 2001, 07:20 AM
Watching your venerable judge's kids, among others!

Remember the part about e-mailing or calling me if you have pictures?? I would've made a run over to the show if I'dda KNOWN....but it was fun taking Anna and Hannah to see Santa...

Please! anyone with photos call/or e-mail (MCLeq@aol.com)so I can arrange to get them from you!

Gold Dust
Dec. 9, 2001, 11:30 AM
Me........come on guys. I leave that for Janet. The simple long jacket and pant look is what I cann't seem to sway away from!!! I am in search of an outfit I saw on Sally Jesse Rapael [no, Sally did not wear it] The horror of shopping will start one day this week! /infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Gold Dust
Dec. 9, 2001, 06:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jane:

Can we get GM again? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We had Conrad a couple of years ago do a course designing clinic and some people expressed having him back again. G.M. was last year so repeat of last year probably is not good. I thought a good idea might be a horse show manager from one of these large circuit shows would be a good idea.?

PONYPULR
Dec. 10, 2001, 05:13 AM
Has anyone hunted down the results from those last 4 shows of Marianne's?

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

M. O'Connor
Dec. 10, 2001, 05:23 AM
Is to have a panel: a judge, a manager, and a steward--seems that the dynamic between the these are sometimes poorly understood by exhibitors as far as who is responsible for what and how the concerns of exhibitors should be properly directed.

brilyntrip
Dec. 10, 2001, 02:11 PM
they are not complete for at least on of the shows so I have to call her and her get them printed up.Since Mike changed the dite who has Betty's phone number ??/i need to meet her and give her what I have...

PONYPULR
Dec. 10, 2001, 03:08 PM
Mike changed the WHAT??? Date?? Date for what??

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

brilyntrip
Dec. 10, 2001, 03:34 PM
I know u have informed the edit police I know i typed INCORRECTLY!!!!Mike changed entire website all it is is lists!!!!!

Gold Dust
Dec. 10, 2001, 04:27 PM
The type-o police have caught its next victim!! Thank god I am off the hook this time!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

GinnyRice
Dec. 10, 2001, 05:59 PM
Estelle's is on Route 110. Prices are great, selections are huge. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Gold Dust
Dec. 11, 2001, 05:11 AM
The search has ended, long jacket and a shirt with YES, a little bit of sparkles on it!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

gwen
Dec. 11, 2001, 05:55 AM
Sounds great!! You will look smashing!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

**Barb**

PONYPULR
Dec. 11, 2001, 06:10 AM
OK, Brilyntrip, did you get Betty's number? I emailed it to you yesterday.

What's the scoop on those outstanding( and I don't mean that in the complimenting sort of way) SRF shows? I'm focused on the childrens hunter horse that's 3 points from 6th!! She thinks she went to a Salt River or 2.... Maybe she and everyone else will learn something from all this- KEEP TRACK OF THE SHOWS YOU WENT TO AND THE POINTS YOU EARNED!!

Heather and I are planning a trip to Estelle's, anyone else care to join us??

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

gwen
Dec. 12, 2001, 06:55 AM
Just keeping this going for you guys...

**Barb**

Brilyntrip....I read that you judged at Centenary this weekend...then you judged our very own Regalmeans!!!!!!! Ray Francis and Todd Karn judged most of the Centenary shows when I was competing at the Centenary shows...Sorry! Just had to share!

[This message was edited by gwen on Dec. 12, 2001 at 05:00 PM.]

Gold Dust
Dec. 12, 2001, 04:36 PM
As of today my phone has been ringing off the hook with info. requests on the dinner dance. Most that called have not recieved an invitation yet. Please, get the word out to all if you have not recieved an invite yet, please print one out from the web-site and then mail it to me.

And on this note- I believe it would be wise for both associations [PHA and LIHSAA] to update mailing lists and secretarys should get together and compare mailing lists! Also I think we need to look at Bettys mailing list too. We need one good mailing list.

Laura Reed
Dec. 12, 2001, 05:28 PM
I am STILL mailing invites, and my stress level is through the roof.

Here's the problem: There are, believe it or not, a NUMBER of people who are receiving LIHSAA awards this year who are not on ANY mailing list that I have. They're not PHA members, or they're not on the master list of 750+ names I have from Betty -- and believe me, Betty's list is pretty d**n good.

The reason these people aren't on a PHA list is obvious - they're not LI PHA members. The reason they're not on a prize list mailing list is because many, many times, the rider's and/or owner's address is NOT on the ENTRY BLANK! Hence, not included on prize list mailing lists.

So, I've tried to cover all trainers, and have hand delivered a couple to riders/owners I know personally. BUT (big BUT) I'm at a loss for a chunk of addresses. PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE to e-mail me your name and address (and division you show in would be helpful)if you have not yet received an invite. e-mail Reeder54@aol.com

Bottom line: yes, we absolutely need to establish one master, current, all inclusive LIHS list. I know it's a work-in-progress, but can say with confidence that it is progressing, on my PC.

I know everyone is champing at the bit for news on where we're headed with the website in 2002, but please be patient. Frankly, the first priority for me personally, is to get every invitation out to the right person and to complete the dinnerdance program before Friday afternoon, since the printer is not going to work during Christmas week. Not to mention nailing down raffle sponsors, ads, etc.

I don't think it will be the end of the world if we don't have an update on points from the handful of shows held in Dec or Jan until mid Jan. Realistically, the new or re-vamped site will not be in full swing until then. But it will be worth the wait.

Again, if you have not received your invitation, or know of someone who hasn't, please let me know who / address ASAP. Also, you can "copy/cut/paste" the invite from www.lihsaa.com (http://www.lihsaa.com) and print your own copy.
Thank you,
Laura Reed

PS- if you e-mail me, please state ADDRESS UPDATE in the subject line. I delete without opening any e-mails from unknown senders if the subject is vague/dubious. Thanks.

M. O'Connor
Dec. 12, 2001, 05:41 PM
imagine how easy your job would be if each owner was registered with LIHSAA so that they could be considered for an award...now I'm NOT advocating a membership fee since that seems to be an out of bounds subject (though a small fee that would cover postage costs would not be out of line either), but a simple registration, ie fill out a card so you can be part of the mailing list type of thing...then, you guys could store the information in a database and someone's computer could simply spit out a set of mailing lables. Think of all the good things you can do with that mailing list...newsletter, anyone?

brilyntrip
Dec. 12, 2001, 05:48 PM
you are making a valid point

PONYPULR
Dec. 13, 2001, 05:55 AM
But it sounded as though you are discarding the 4 outstanding SRF shows. They may very well make a difference, especially for the 5th or 6th placers. I hope that is not your intentions. All points earned must be considered.

I also want to know how addresses can escape secretaries. I, personally do not fill out the entry blanks thoroughly, but new faces, even if-y ones should be asked to do so. Don't the shows want to send these new peeps a prizelist in the future??

And how about the AHSA (USAE)? Don't we all have to be a member to show avidly? Perhaps they have some addresses.

It is getting down to the wire, our disorganization is really becoming obvious. I hope we are all learning some lessons....I know I have.

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

M. O'Connor
Dec. 13, 2001, 06:01 AM
I know..... we...can.....call ... it.....a.......w-h-e-e-l !!!!

Remi and me
Dec. 13, 2001, 07:11 AM
I hate to butt in but as I am feeling terribly mushy and nostolgic (and I can't spell).....
Do you think you could ever post some of the pictures you've collected either here or on your LIHSA website? I'm am ex-LI rider and would love to see some of those photos. Thanks /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

M. O'Connor
Dec. 13, 2001, 09:09 AM
fact is that no one has contacted me to arrange to give me ANY photos...with the exception of our esteemed brilyntrip, who has given us permission to delve into her MD archives...time is growing short folks---<<mcleq@aol.com>><<631-287-3504>>

Gold Dust
Dec. 13, 2001, 09:20 AM
1.- Gwen- thanks. It's just a simple look but us horse people do clean up well!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

2.- Laura- I know you must be out of your mind but now that the invites have been up on the site for a while, hopefully people start printing them out and not waiting until they recieve it in the mail!
I still think the new site or old one could of been rolling a bit at this time. Points, no. I believe that the few we have in winter can wait. Although a message board would have been great at this time because I believe we could of gotten ifo. out to more ears. More people check that site then here.

3.- Ponypulr- Yes we are a bit disheveled at this point and I too have learned a lesson. We must move sooner the in the past and tackle gliches a bit quicker. Many of us are ready to dig in and get in the treches. Look out, here comes the avalanche of newbies!! lol

4.- Remi- when Mary comes on maybe she could help you out there. I could not post a picture here if my life depended on it. Guess I should learn how!

5.- Mary- I love the idea for the future. First the web-site and mailig list needs conquering first. Once we work out the current gliches that should be a discussion for next year!

[This message was edited by Gold Dust on Dec. 13, 2001 at 12:38 PM.]

Gold Dust
Dec. 13, 2001, 09:40 AM
O.K. I have already gone back and added a few n's! Please feel free to insert them as you read! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Laura Reed
Dec. 13, 2001, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PONYPULR:
But it sounded as though you are discarding the 4 outstanding SRF shows. They may very well make a difference, especially for the 5th or 6th placers. I hope that is not your intentions. All points earned must be considered.


I'm not sure how it sounds like I'm "discarding...SRF shows." Not sure what you mean. Mike received results, but incomplete in a few cases, from SRF. STILL missing Oct. 20th Short Stirrup and an Adult Amateur section or two from other SRF shows. Tracking those down, making sure they were in fact held, and if so, NEED results! Absolutely, every point must be considered, and is.

Gold Dust
Dec. 13, 2001, 05:36 PM
But..... How were the Salt River Shows allowed to be this late? Were they not supposed to be informed and or fined??????? Will they be informed that this will NOT be tolerated this year? /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

brilyntrip
Dec. 13, 2001, 05:40 PM
iwill prsonally keep trackofthis stuff i already have island series results inmy hot lil hands waiting for our new point keeper to recieve

PONYPULR
Dec. 14, 2001, 05:44 AM
I am doing my darned-est to get together with Marie, so I can see who is paid up and who not. Also how long should we give the shows to get their prizelists printed with the correct specs? Karin, did they receive a copy of the new specs yet?

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

Gold Dust
Dec. 14, 2001, 10:46 AM
I am begining to see a pattern here. I am thankful for the new blood that seems they are actually going to take matters where they finally should be. Putting things off seems to be the old way but thank god not anymore!

LIHSAA needs another meeting pronto in my opinion. How about the monday after the PHA? Seems to me there is a lot of work to do and the new season is already in swing. Small as it is now, we still need to move quickly. 'Don't put things off 'till tomorrow, what you can do today' /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Gold Dust
Dec. 15, 2001, 07:13 AM
O.K. Now that all results seem to be final[although I am sure some small errors may still come up] I hope I will start to recieve invites soon. Please don't wait until the 21st people. That is the date on the invites that I need them back. I have 26 reservation at this time so please-send in your checks if you know you are going. Remember-that is the date [21st] that we call West Lake Inn with our final count of people attending!

Jane M.-got your e-mail and not a problem!!!

deleyer
Dec. 16, 2001, 04:21 AM
I am reading your last post, It sounds like I am watching the Jerry Lewis telethon. "Please send in your checks" Read it over again and you may even start laughing yourself. You and least have more then 24 hours to get your money... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Gold Dust
Dec. 16, 2001, 07:12 AM
When I get 200 invites on the last day in my mail and have to go through them all you are 'Coming up the island' as you Hamptonites say to help me! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
who loves ya!

Gold Dust
Dec. 17, 2001, 10:38 AM
Went through that box in the closet and have a bunch of photos for you! Will mail them to you. I think your address is somewhere on this thread /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

M. O'Connor
Dec. 17, 2001, 01:02 PM
I just e-mailed you a choice of mailing addresses...

And Janet, your photos arrived safe and sound--thanks!

timedjumpoff
Dec. 18, 2001, 07:43 AM
I don't think anyone who regularly
competes would mind paying an
additional fee for dues in LIHSAA.
New Jersey has the same situation
and anyone who wants their points
to count must join both the NJPHA and
NJHSA. The member dues were around
$20/year. Of course that was back
around 10 years ago so it's probably
a higher by now. But when you consider what
people spend on shows on LI, such fees are
relatively insignificant .

Anyway, the best part of the fee was, members were sent a short newsletter every month from each group, including latest standings (and were never more than 3-4 shows behind). And no one ever complained
about about the membewr fees.

If you want I could try to get you the phone
number of someone in one of the NJ organizations if you'd like to talk to them
about it.

Gold Dust
Dec. 18, 2001, 02:29 PM
Love the idea but I think we need to get so many other things in line first. I'd love to put this on our plate and work out the details next year! This came up in our by-laws meeting and no one seemed against it at all. It would make point tabulating easy and create revenue for LIHSAA.Who could be against that?

M. O'Connor
Dec. 18, 2001, 02:59 PM
Well, Karin and I were at those same meetings...and I can tell you we are both under the impression that the entire subject of dues was for all intents and purposes, off limits, as in TABOO. I'm glad that some people do see the sense in it--if only to defray the cost of stamps.

brilyntrip
Dec. 18, 2001, 04:40 PM
Were you at the same bylaws meetings that Mary and I were at?
I repeatedly suggested a small $10 fee for LIHSAA membership or for pointtabulations !! I was told NO WAY by ... at least five persons.TM ,LR JP and others were absolutely against it!

PONYPULR
Dec. 18, 2001, 05:58 PM
The concept is a good one, but was too involved for the initial revamping of the LIHSAA. No one said it could not or would not be considered at a later date.

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

Gold Dust
Dec. 19, 2001, 07:46 AM
I believe because of all the house cleaning we had to do that trying that out the gate was the real reason we put it to the side. Could you imagine, with everything that is going on right now, trying to put a list of LIHSAA paid memebers! HA! I think we have enough at this time to keep us quite busy for the remainder of the year.

PONYPULR
Dec. 19, 2001, 08:47 AM
At least Laura does, I'm thinkin'.

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

M. O'Connor
Dec. 19, 2001, 08:57 AM
and unfortunately they are all trying to perch on Laura...let's keep in mind when setting up for next year, that anything can happen, and there should always be a plan B with strict guidelines as to when it should be implented.

Gold Dust
Dec. 19, 2001, 05:08 PM
I went to the visual on that one! Quite funny.

Move forward is all we can do. Key word, WE! Laura, e-mail me if you need some help.
How about we get some e-mails going on the next LIHSAA meeting. Seems like we need one! /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

M. O'Connor
Dec. 19, 2001, 05:37 PM
implemented...(implimented?)...just give me some more scotch tape to stick my fingers together with.....5 days left.....4......

Laura Reed
Dec. 19, 2001, 05:39 PM
but for the moment I am mourning the loss of Emerson. Without a doubt, one of my heroes in this great sport of ours. I can't believe he's gone.

I am having a meeting Thursday with a guy I work with. (For those of you who don't know - I'm involved in an IT production firm surrounded by a lot of website gurus who just love to tackle situations like ours.) He is putting together a mock site for me (possibly all of us)to puruse, and a proposal, parts of which I have seen.

All I can say is that all suggestions we've heard over the past year can, and hopefully will, come to fruition in 2002.

In a nut-shell: we're thinking "self-registration" on the site. That is, you register, get a password, and let us (LIHSAA) know who you are, (owner/rider) who your trainer is, your horse or pony's name, and division(s) you plan to show in.

It all gets dumped into the database (WITH ADDRESSES! of course) and when results are received, we can pull up your record and post directly to your pre-registered record.

In addition: how about seeing not only the standings by division, but the results by show? In other words, click on a particular show and see full results for LIHSAA sections, then click on total section standings to see where you are.

I'd like the standings to be updated twice a month.

This will not happen over night. Realistically, February 1 is the date we go live. Comments?

PineTreeFarm
Dec. 19, 2001, 06:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Laura Reed:
Comments?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Regarding "Self Registration". My experience has been that Internet users are sometimes reluctant to provide information. Do you plan to provide the password to the user via e-mail or snail mail?
I'm wondering about the gap between registering and receiving a password.

Your proposal asks the user to indicate the divisions they will show in. What happens if they decide during the season to do another division, do they need to register again?

You mention posting results to the pre-registered record. What happens if the exhibitor does not register, do you need to manually post the points or do they not get counted till some sort of manual intervention takes place?

How will you deal with record keeping for shows that happen before the site is live?

Does this mean that unless the exhibitor gets a password they won't be able to see their points on-line?

Will there be paper point lists available at shows for those who don't register?

How will you get the 'message' to exhibitors. How will they know they need to register? Perhaps a notice in prize lists?

Interesting idea about seeing results by show. If feasible that would make point questions easier to resolve.

On an earlier topic: It was mentioned that the master list you are using did not have some of the names and addresses for High Score Award winners. Don't know whose list you use but if it's the one many of the shows use for prize lists
I can understand why you can't find names. I've been showing for years and the only shows I get prize lists for are Thomas School. And yes, I fill in the names and addresses. I've spoken with some other exhibitors and they tell me they don't get prize lists either. So whoever suggested putting together a master list is on the right track but may not have good data to use.

Gold Dust
Dec. 19, 2001, 07:13 PM
That should keep you busy Laura lol! This is why we need a computer committe! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Good questions Pine Tree. Claire are you still there? Could you help us with this one because this is way over the top for me! lol

Royal Blue
Dec. 19, 2001, 07:22 PM
Hi all you LI people. You did such a great job locating a horse that used to be in our barn that I was wondering if you were up for another. This is a total long shot - he was a chestnut QH named Payole Rio Rocket (sp). My sister owned him back in the middle 80's when he was 4. Would love to be able to get my sister some info as a Christmas present. I know that there is probably no info out there but if you know of him , or knew of him please email me @ ILUVROYALBLUE@CS.COM.

Didn't want to start a whole post for this - hope it was ok to post this here.

M. O'Connor
Dec. 19, 2001, 07:32 PM
Plenty of sites have just the sort of "self registration" that Laura refers to...you pick your own password as you register. No lag. Those who aren't online can register at the shows on index cards the old fashioned way. Anyone who has access to the standings can print them out and post them at the shows, and this should be done regularly each time the standings are updated. No biggie.

It seems that updating the site 2x a month may not be enough during the summer when there is a show every day--whoever gets the job of entering the results should be expected to make a committment to get busy along with everyone else at that time of year.

Notify everyone in the prize lists and at the horse shows when you pick up your number and announcements, via newsletter, notices to equestrian press, and word of mouth. People got the message about the elections, and they will also get the message (if they choose to hear it) about the many changes that will take place throughout the year as the way LIHSAA does business improves.

No mystery as to why many exhibitors don't get prize lists even though they fill out their addresses, etc....show secretaries don't always update their mailing lists, that's all. If you call the show and ask to be put on the list, it happens 99% of the time.

All the technology we have around us really can be used to make life easier and more streamlined for everyone--of course there will be problems, there are problems with everyday living, you get over them and get on with things.

PineTreeFarm
Dec. 19, 2001, 08:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M. O'Connor:

All the technology we have around us really can be used to make life easier and more streamlined for everyone--of course there will be problems, there are problems with everyday living, you get over them and get on with things.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem with that statement and my comments were meant in a constructive manner. Actually, I am an IT Professional, a Project Manager/Programmer so technology is a good thing to me. I'm just sharing actual experiences that I have had in creating automated solutions. (Yes, that includes web sites). If you include possible problems and comments in the planing process you don't have to "get over them" later.

M. O'Connor
Dec. 20, 2001, 06:22 AM
<<If you include possible problems and comments in the planing process you don't have to "get over them" later.>>

I wholeheartedly agree!! I dont' think anyone on the bylaws committee would accuse me of trying to rush into things without trying to anticipate EVERY outcome!!! (How many times did I bring discussion to a s-c-r-e-e--c-h-i-n-g stop doing just that, guys?)

But there are also times when it needs to be acknowledged that the wheel has already been invented (as in "database" = rolodex=mailing list=this has been done before) and that we can't go wrong in utilizing one!

Gr8Socks!
Dec. 20, 2001, 06:37 AM
I don't think I really understand the whole concept of the registering. It would make sense if you were looking at something that was private (ie - my point are my points and no one else can see how I'm doing.. ha ha!) or something that you paid individually for (I paid for my log in rights so no one else can see the site).

Maybe I'm missing something here? Another thing will you not be able to look up how everyone else is doing? Why not just have a series of hyperlinks?

I'm just a graphic designer with web experience. What you are talking about is some serious programing. That isn't cheap but if this guy is willing to work out the programming and database, create ads for the site, have the time to do this 2 or 4 times a month, learn about the whole horse show set up and all for a reasonable amount of money, Hey! then why not??? he sound like a god-send << grin >>

Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.
� Ralph Vaull Starr

PONYPULR
Dec. 20, 2001, 06:54 AM
I'm a true advocate of LET'S KEEP IT SIMPLE. Filling out cards at the sec'y stand--- HAHAHA!! They can't even put together a mailing list from the addresses on the entry blanks- or get the point data in correctly!! Who gets those cards anyway?? And how do they get 'um??

I have a thought about the website set up--- How about if it were set up similarly to the existing one, but you could click on each listed entrant to see there own points and where they got them? I keep track of my own points, but would like to know how and where my competitors received theirs. I don't see the need to register myself, but my need to know what others are doing is more important.

I also would like to keep this website thing in the PHA/LIHSAA family. And would like to see the next webmaster be easily accessable to the masses, too. Plus, knowledge of the horse show game would help.

Again, my biggest suggestion, at this very disorganized time, is to keep things SIMPLE.

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

Gold Dust
Dec. 20, 2001, 10:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gr8Socks!:
That isn't cheap but if this guy is willing to work out the programming and database, create ads for the site, have the time to do this 2 or 4 times a month, learn about the whole horse show set up and all for a reasonable amount of money, Hey! then why not??? he sound like a god-send << grin >>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Claire to the rescue. Yes we need to keep this simple. The new site is already confusing me and it is not even up yet!
And Claires concerns about Lauras co-worker are mine also. Does he have the time to answer e-mails and horse people in general? He sounds like he as some great ideas but jeez Laura- wouldn't you just like to make this someone elses job so you do not hear about the web-site at work! lol
And, like Janet feels, Just knowing where everyone else is,is the main concern for many people so the simple factor is there.

Laura Reed
Dec. 20, 2001, 12:31 PM
Am at work, too busy for long reply. Quick explanation: the point of "registering" is to get the horse/rider/owner/trainer into the db so the webmaster and/or point keeper doesn't have to type it in. If you don't register, the webmaster and/or point keeper will have to do it him/herself - obviously.

All discussion above is great! Thanks. More later. Back to work. (A no no even to be on this thing while at real job) /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

M. O'Connor
Dec. 20, 2001, 01:50 PM
is to create a database so people can get MAIL, for one thing. If we know who you are, you can be CONTACTED, INVITED, KEPT UP TO DATE, and people like Laura and Deb wouldn't be scrambling around one week before Christmas wondering how to send invitations to people who have won awards, not to mention, to the rest of the interested horse showing public, because they would have a simple MAILING LIST........? What is complicated about that?

Gold Dust
Dec. 20, 2001, 02:30 PM
I'm sorta starting to understand the registering but, what if someone does not? Will the points still be up there for all horses in whatever division registered or not? Meaning, if I am registered but Janet is not, our horses are competing in the same division, will Janets points still be up there for me to see? What if I would like to check on my clients points and they are not registered. What if Marty asks me to check on his client? Uh oh I am getting confused again![and yeah go ahead, I know it does not take much to do that!! lol] /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

touchstone-
Dec. 20, 2001, 03:11 PM
I just thought I'd jump in here with a couple of ideas.


1) I think I understand the registering thing--and it sound like a great idea, but I think that PineTreeFarm has some legitimate concerns. I had a couple of ideas about how to make people more willing to register.

One is to make it a non-mandatory part of viewing the site--so you can look at the standings and all that without logging in, but if you want to be on the mailing lists, you can fill in some profile information through a separate link.

The other is posting a clear privacy policy. The major reason I'm always reluctant to give my personal info on the web, is that I worry that it will be sold to spammers, telemarketers, etc. If it's clear that the info is for LI mailing lists only, people might be willing to bite.

2) Another thought, while you're collecting fancy ideas. What about getting member-shows' prize lists up on the site the way the dinner-dance update is there now? That way, everyone could check in to see what's being offered when, and I'd think all the webmaster would need to do is scan them in as they are produced.

3) I definitely think that having an available and approachable point person is important, but I'm not sure I understand why the point person and the webmaster have to necessarily be the same. Couldn't the point keeper email some sort of digital form of the results for the webmaster to post?--that way you don't need a point-keeper with a ton of technical know-how and you can find someone who's really committed to the job.

4) Last thing--I promise! The New England Horseman's Council out here has an arrangement for a local horse publication to post standings to third place every month when it comes out. It might be worth talking to Horse People or Horse Directory or one of the other local magazines to see if they'd be interested. It wouldn't necessarily cost anything--because I'd assume it would do them a wealth of good in free publicity for every local competitor to be seeking out the latest issue.

PONYPULR
Dec. 20, 2001, 03:41 PM
Consequently, a non-mandatory address form for those who choose to be on a mailing list is better than a login thing. I don't think that you should have to give your address out just to check on LIHSAA points. And there will be those who will not, so you're excluding them. Now, how else will they find out about their points?

Actually, what was offered by Michael WAS working. It, in my humble opinion, just needed tweeking. The menu on the left needs to offer EVERY page, and be on EVERY page. And the calendar needs fixing. Then I'd like, as I said before, to click on a horse/rider and find out when and where they've shown.

The new website is not etched in stone and can be modified as we go along, no? So, I'm for starting with simple and basic functions. It will be all we can do to get it up and running with an ad campaign and all, this year.

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

PONYPULR
Dec. 20, 2001, 05:17 PM
Marie gave me some ribbons that were not picked up from last year's dinner. Debby was good enough to tell me who belongs to these ribbons, as she has a book from last year. But we don't know these names, maybe you guys know these peeps-
Penelope Lawson (Large Pony)
Megan Stolarski
Katharine Fowler
Kristie Kiernan
And does anyone know how to get in touch with Jamie Luna??

Thanks, Guys!!! I hope I can clean up last year's loose ends!!

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

Laura Reed
Dec. 20, 2001, 06:45 PM
The most important function of the website, in my mind, is to have current standings available to all. That's the easy part.

The registration aspect is merely a suggestion, but it will go a long way to facilitate posting the points and will help in building a lihsaa db/ mailing list.

Registration would not be mandatory, but why wouldn't you want to spend 1 minute to ACCURATELY input your vital info? (horse/pony name, rider, owner, trainer, division(s) in which you compete AND mailing address). The purpose of securing this data is to streamline the posting of points and to be able to communicate with year-end winners. In essence, we're trying to build "class sheets" in advance, so potential ribbon winners are already in the db to pull from, and credit points to. Does that make sense?

PineTreeFarm
Dec. 20, 2001, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PONYPULR:
the website is not etched in stone and can be modified as we go along, no? So, I'm for starting with simple and basic functions. It will be all we can do to get it up and running with an ad campaign and all, this year.

I think PONYPULR is on the right track. I'd like to propose a compromise.

1 Get a web site going with basic information. It can be modified as the show year progresses. Perhaps other web site functions like prize lists can be added as the site evolves.

2 Undertake a separate project to get a good mailing list in order. I think somebody has already started on this. However, the creation of a mailing list can be approached from a programatic perspective. Some of the shows do have computer records available. I know that Thomas School and Mrs.Rice's shows have databases.
There are probably other shows with computer records. There is also the list that Betty has.
The existing lists can be matched by computer and 'missing info' lists can be created.
Manual searchs may be needed to fill in the blanks and somebody may have to spend some time looking at entry blanks to get the info.

The benefits of this approach are:
1 The web site could be up and running sooner.
2 Point keeping could start sooner. The longer you wait the more chance information will be lost or unavailable.
3 There would be less pressure on the web site designers to have a complete 'package' available in a short time.
4 The web site designer could spend more time working with the ad campaign and spend time on adding a newsletter or other information to the site over the course of the year.
5 By the start of next year you should have a good mailing list. With good data to start with you could implement some of the innovative ideas Laura mentioned.
6 You would not need to do a web registration as you would have the mailing list to use as a base.
7 The mailing list could be made available to show secretaries. As the new list would be more complete and up to date than what they have now it should be beneficial to the secretaries. Old names that do not show could be removed etc.
8 The mailing list could be eventually added to the web site so that updates could be made via the web. You might want to password protect that portion of the web site.
9 If the mailing list is added to the web site there is less chance of loss of data. For example: somebody stores the list on their home computer. They move, the PC breaks, the hard drive fails, the list keeper becomes ill or loses interest. End result no list.

This suggestion presumes that the show secretaries
will cooperate in providing computer records and helping obtain name/address info for existing and new exhibitors. No reason they shouldn't as the end result will be to their advantage.

If you are interested in the above suggestions about the mailing list I have some free time to do the programming provided you'll get the show secretaries to cooperate with providing access to their show records.

If you want a more detailed description of how the data would be merged for the mailing list let me know and I'll give the details to Mrs Rice.

Gold Dust
Dec. 21, 2001, 01:19 PM
Pine Tree Farm to be an honorary member of the 'website comittee'! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Gold Dust
Dec. 21, 2001, 06:34 PM
The deadline was today. Have I heard from everyone going?? /infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif
Do I get to enjoy the holidays and assume my work is done!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

deleyer
Dec. 22, 2001, 04:45 AM
People are going to be calling you right up to the end with how many seats they need. You have to remember that they had to wait an awful long time to see if they were even going to get a ribbon, so in answer to your question "yes I am sure you will enjoy your holiday and yes you probably will be working right up to the dance"LOL
I also hope that this year will turn out to be a good year being its the 50th Anniversary in all, Deb how many people were there last year and how many do you have so far for this year? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PONYPULR
Dec. 22, 2001, 06:11 AM
With results STILL not in from Northfork II and SRF there maybe peeps waiting to see if their standings will change. I don't see how they will make a difference, but it could be the reason for the hold up.

Soooo, let's get going with the website. Feb.1 is a good goal date to have it RUNNING, maybe not up to full power, but running. I have been understanding about the past situation, but the day after the dinner, my new priority will be to spur on The Powers That Be to get something up on the internet.

New, take-charge type blood is what LIHSAA has needed and it has gotten it. Now let us take charge. I, for one, am very anxious to make some long overdue changes and turn LIHSAA into a well organized awards association. Let's get started.

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

Gold Dust
Dec. 22, 2001, 07:07 AM
Actually calling the last minute is a no can do. Remember, food and tables need to be configured and then set up. I knew it would be a little later this year but hey-don't take it out on me! lol /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif My prediction as of now is the is the dance will be down by 75 -100 guests.

Same as you Janet. As soon as I have my last shot of Sambuca at the dinner dance it is time to get LIHSAA in shape. Now- about that meeting,Laura, the monday after the PHA? We need to start getting the word out now if it is going to happen. It has to happen if we want to have something on screen by the first. And we need to discuss what to do with shows like S. River that were so flippant about sending results. Managers need to know there is a new LIHSAA that will take action. I am seeing the future and if we do ot move fast we will be sorry. My predictions have been correct so far!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

GinnyRice
Dec. 22, 2001, 09:44 AM
I agree with Gold Dust and Pine Tree Farm. We have to get organized and started immediately.
We need a meeting and we need a web site, and we
definitely need a point keeper and a web site person, to post ads, notices, etc. Claire sounds like the perfect web site person, she has the time and the interest, she has put up a model to
work from, so she's a litle bit ahead of the game.
That's where we should be, not behind the motion already. No more playing catch-up. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Gold Dust
Dec. 22, 2001, 06:04 PM
Yes, I have recieved your reservations that were stuck in my front door knocker! Quite original I might add!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PONYPULR
Dec. 23, 2001, 05:38 AM
Still looking for a few of LAST year's winners, as I have their ribbons. Penelope Lawson- Does she ride with Scott Kimery? How would I get a hold of him/her? Megan Stolarski, Kristie Kiernan, Katharine Fowler?? Please, anybody know of these peeps?? Deb, let me know if any of these are attending this year's dinner.

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

M. O'Connor
Dec. 23, 2001, 06:24 AM
See, now Janet, if we had a simple process for registering....you would have a list with those peoples names on them.

Penelope does ride with Scott and Patty, Waterside is in the phone book, also in the Hampton Classic program...I don't know the others.

Deb, your photos arrived safe and sound! After Christmas, I'll play on my scanner with them...

Gold Dust
Dec. 23, 2001, 06:59 AM
Katherine Fowler-I believe she rides with Joyce Prezbowski.

PONYPULR
Dec. 23, 2001, 08:34 AM
And thank you, Mrs. Rice, for emailing me the addresses.

I think there are plenty of address lists around, Mrs. Rice's being one of the best. I believe things don't get to people through the mail, because they don't get mailed.

Jo has a very up-to-date list of PHA members, so why didn't Donna Frank, an 8 year member, get an invite to the dinner?? She wasn't MAILED one. Her address is out there, her daughter shows at both Hunter's Isle and Winner's Circle. And there are others.....

on another note....
A registration at our website will only work for those willing to register, and willing to leave their correct info.

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

deleyer
Dec. 23, 2001, 09:51 AM
Hi Mary
Will it be ok if I sent you some pictures on Thursday, or better yet if I have the time I will drive them over to your house, I just need directions. Between the holidays and all the running around it would be a miracle if I get this to you. LOL!
Thanks, /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

M. O'Connor
Dec. 23, 2001, 11:22 AM
Chris, do I have your e-mail address?


Send me that plus your phone #--we should be able to arrange a rendezvous--I can come get photos from you if you're at the barn...if you are headed west (not that I'm FAR west of you) my house is pretty easy to find we're just outside of SH village on the WM side...

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

deleyer
Dec. 23, 2001, 01:44 PM
Hi Mary
My email address is pretty simple, its cdeleyer@aol.com
I Hope everyone has a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and dustwomen you are going to have to drink some holiday cheer for me this year but I will make up for it next year. LOL
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
Oh and Deb, dont be late for desert on Christmas ok... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

deleyer
Dec. 23, 2001, 01:48 PM
OOPs I spelt dessert wrong, Oh well you know what I meant.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Dont be late!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

LURKNNOMORE
Dec. 23, 2001, 03:44 PM
Ponypulr, don't know if you already received this information, but they ride with Patty Messina.

PONYPULR
Dec. 23, 2001, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the email and info on those lost peeps!!!

Mrs. Rice got me 5 addresses- I need to actually speak to Jamie Luna or Katharine Fowler as they were tied for 5th in the Adult PHA and I only have one pink ribbon. Which means that one of them already received their prize. I understand that Katharine is in FLA for a while. I'll get this straightened out before Dinner-dance 2003, I promise!!!

I hope all of you have a sensational Christmas and that all your holiday wishes come true!!!

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

CrestviewFarms
Dec. 23, 2001, 04:49 PM
It's Katharine Fowler here. I was just checking out the BB as usual and noticed my name was mentioned as not having picked up my ribbons for last year. As far as I know I received both my PHA and AA hunter ribbons for the year 2000. Right now I'm down at my farm in Ocala for the season. Colby Vine and I just opened up Crestview Farms this year....so exciting! It's named after my jumper, "Falcon Crest" of course! LOL Anyway, if any of you guys make it down here this Winter please stop by and say hi! Hope the dinner dance goes well and see you back on the Island in the Spring.

brilyntrip
Dec. 23, 2001, 05:01 PM
you drive right by my house on the way to chris why not drop off at my house on your way??/Call me ok??

PONYPULR
Dec. 23, 2001, 05:09 PM
Boy, this internet thing is great!!!

Thank you, Katharine!!! Wow!!! You have made things so easy!! I will now send Jamie Luna her pink ribbon in the Adult PHA for 2000.

I love it when things just fall into place!!!

Thanks again!!!

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

Gold Dust
Dec. 23, 2001, 07:34 PM
You just never know who will pop in! Best of luck down in Fla. guys!!!

Well, as far as things falling in to place.... here's the flip side of that. I am really beginning to see how severe a problem this mailing list is. How LIHSAA was even able to get anything done is beyond me. How did this association even operate with no mailing list. The amount of people that are e-mailing me and award winners are ubelievable that are ot on ay mailing list! This mailing list is a real problem!
Meeting........ yes?........monday?.....anyone?

Gold Dust
Dec. 23, 2001, 07:36 PM
Oh my god, look how many times I said mailing list in one post. Jeeeeezus lord help me /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

brilyntrip
Dec. 23, 2001, 07:38 PM
i think you might need a little um prozac now whadyasay

deleyer
Dec. 24, 2001, 04:16 AM
Deb even the good lord cant even help you, your on your own with this one. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Who loves ya anyway but me, but I still cant help ya!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif LOL

PONYPULR
Dec. 24, 2001, 09:11 AM
Just to clear up a few things-- Before this moment in time, LIHSAA never needed a mailing list. It is the PHA dinner. And the PHA has a mailing list, and a good, up-to-date, one, from what I'm told. And Mrs. Rice's is good, and, I will assume, so is Betty's. The addresses are out there.

You tell me what the snafu is.....

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

Gold Dust
Dec. 24, 2001, 09:19 AM
Being that the dinner dance is an LIHSAA/PHA function why was there never over the years a master list of award winners that over the years was added to and modified ie: address changes? If anything last years award winners should be mailed an invite right away and if LIHSAA was up to snuff they could recognize new names and add to the already exsisting list!

M. O'Connor
Dec. 24, 2001, 03:20 PM
<<You tell me what the snafu is.....>>

The snafu is that as Deb points out, many aspects of the LIHSAA and PHA are intertwined...but since LIHSAA contenders don't have to be PHA members (and thus, are not necessarily found on the PHA rolls), using the PHA list to contact LIHSAA winners is an excercise in futility.

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

M. O'Connor
Dec. 24, 2001, 03:23 PM
OK everyone---time to nestle snug in your homes with your nearests and dearests and put all this aside....

Merry Christmas to all!!!!

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

Gold Dust
Dec. 26, 2001, 03:38 PM
Mary- love the little angel !

Back to buisness. Being points are not quite final in all divisions we need to be on top of things for 2002. I'd like to start putting the word out for a LIHSAA meeting. Laura, are you out there?

M. O'Connor
Dec. 26, 2001, 09:00 PM
I meant to use it for our cards this year, but had trouble scanning it for some reason-of course, I figured it out too late to make it inot a card...maybe next year.

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

deleyer
Dec. 27, 2001, 04:28 AM
So is the 50th Anniversary dinner dance going to be as huge as previous years. Do you have any idea on how many people you have coming? I cant beieve its a week away, it seems like the weeks are going by so fast, hey I am not complaining the sooner they go by the sooner i get to ride again!!!! Deb your gonna babysit right? LOL,, Hey I bet I can get Travis out here every weekend.LOL!! Well hope everyone's Christmas was great and of course hope you all have great and safe New Year as well. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PONYPULR
Dec. 27, 2001, 05:45 AM
OK- so there's a PHA meeting the Monday after the dinner. Do we have a date for the next LIHSAA meeting? Laura? Karin? Deb? Anyone know?

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

Gold Dust
Dec. 27, 2001, 07:47 AM
trying to find out Janet. I'd like to have it the following monday after the PHA as we have a lot to cover but it's really not my job to call one. Laura, yes or no and we'll spread the word.

deleyer
Dec. 27, 2001, 10:01 AM
Deb you probably could find out this question soon enough if you get out of bed at a normal time like most of us to catch them before maybe they go to work!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Gold Dust
Dec. 27, 2001, 04:12 PM
See, I can get an answer and don't have to get out of bed befor noon!! lol /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Laura says LIHSAA meeting the following monday after the PHA meeting. So, meetings go-
Monday- January 7th PHA
Monday- January 14th LIHSAA-spread the word guys!

Gold Dust
Dec. 27, 2001, 06:24 PM
I am doing the seating chart with Mandy tomorrow afteroon and handing in the final count to West Lake Inn. If you have not checked in with me by then someone will gladly mail your ribbon to you! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

brilyntrip
Dec. 28, 2001, 03:18 AM
but what about time did laura tell anyone 6:30 or 7:30 ???

M. O'Connor
Dec. 28, 2001, 04:39 AM
it would be helpful to state whether the meeting is open (ie anyone can attend to audit) or closed (open to board members only), and if closed, how to bring an issue that someone would like discussed to the attention of the LIHSAA board.

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

Gold Dust
Dec. 28, 2001, 07:14 AM
Karin, the meetings have usually been at 7:30 but I feel we have so much sh** to clean up I am feeling we should try ad start this one at 6:30. Any feelings on that one anyone? Karin as secretary you will be sending out the meeting info. so lets find out on that.

Janet, can Claire attend both PHA and LIHSAA. I think it would be a great idea so she can meet people and answer any questions. Actually, another plus factor in Claire as the webmaster. She is involved with our community already and easily seen and reachable! And already knows the horse people concerns and beefs!

Mary, this one is not open but I will bring it up that we need to have one and put it on the roster. Anytime anyone has a request e-mail any of us personally and we will bring it to the meeting. If you put it on the thread we can also print that out. That is a request in writting!!

Boy,I cann't wait until we have a message board or info. board or request board or whatever you call it. We need to spread the word out and more of L.I. will be reached that way! This web-site is already behind scheduel in my opinion. /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

PONYPULR
Dec. 28, 2001, 10:11 AM
Deb-
I'm sure Claire has her ears on!!! I mentioned it to Laura in an email and she agreed about the LIHSAA meeting, but you think she has to go to the PHA one?? I don't think we'll hash out much that would involve her at this point at that meeting.

But I'm as anxcious as you are, so whatever you say!!!

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

Gold Dust
Dec. 28, 2001, 02:29 PM
The dinner dance seating is done! Mandy and I completed the chart for a total of 323! Now I can start working on the raffle prize set-up.

I'm glad Claire is going to the LIHSAA meeting. That is the more important of the two but I just thought if she had the time to attend the PHA it wouldn't be a bad idea. She may soon be an important person within our associations and non-members of the LIHSAA comittee may want to speak to her about possible advertisements!

goneriding
Dec. 29, 2001, 06:11 PM
Looks like Gold Dust could use an another assistant. Debby, hope your xmas was great...i will be back around next week! BTW.... sold my horse.

Liz

Gold Dust
Dec. 30, 2001, 08:01 AM
Looking forward to seeing you next week and the scoop on'your' horse!!
Well, the longer my points take to become official in the pre-childrens the angrier I become at how S. River has been allowed to get away with this. I believe an official letter is in order to rectify this situation for this season. Remember, new comittee, angry board members, people willing to put the time in to LIHSAA. Horse show managers beware!lol /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Gr8Socks!
Dec. 30, 2001, 08:31 AM
I think that everyone should start thinking about the breakdown of information on the website. For instance.. what do you want on the homepage.. current events, a calender, rider spotlight? Should they be seperate? For the points page.. should it list by show or date or rider??? etc. Lots of stuff to think about.
Also I can attend one or both just let me know. I imagine it might be easier to get the lihsaa stuff out of the way first though since that is the site's main priority right now.
It'll be nice to meet everyone at the meetings.
Happy New Year!
~Claire

Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.
� Ralph Vaull Starr

Gold Dust
Dec. 30, 2001, 11:58 AM
Being that the PHA meeting is the week befor the LIHSAA meeting it might be a good idea just to come and meet some people. PHA meetings are open to all so it might be a good idea to say Hi, get involved with the PHA too and get a jump on possible future adds!! Being I missed Heathers party it would be nice to put a face to the person behind the keyboard!! lol Many LIHSAA board members will be there too, and if they wanted to get a jump on things could ask you some questions after the PHA meeting.
This is why I feel using a non horse person for the web master would be a huge mistake!

brilyntrip
Dec. 30, 2001, 04:09 PM
Claire you need to show up at the PHA meeting !

Gold Dust
Dec. 30, 2001, 04:45 PM
How's the old pictures coming? Have we collected many? Did Mrs. Rice get any to you yet? If not, Mrs. Rice-got any? I am going to West Lake in on Wednesday to do a set up check with the hostess. I will check ad see if they have a board for display. Anything else we can do to help you on this Mary? Just give a yell if you need us and thanks again for volunteering to do this! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

brilyntrip
Dec. 30, 2001, 04:49 PM
I was wondering about the very same thing. Don't you think those great old shots of jane MCD are fabulous can't wait to see them up on our commemortive board. You are such a thorough and consummate perfectionist I know you will have it looking just grand!

deleyer
Dec. 31, 2001, 04:12 AM
Hi Mary,
I am going to CVS to get some pictures doubled and I will give you a call later on today so then maybe Tues, or Wed. I can drop them off. What size is everyone giving you? 5x7 8x10's? Let me know what size you would like on the board. And Deb let me guess you sent in 11x14's right? Or even better poster size huh!! LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Oh and by the way Deborah, the way you give up your time to make sure you can be some assistance in helping can you at least make sometime so we can get together and do dinner or something, Did you also let Mary know that you cant help her not until after your morning nap, and that comes after you get up in the morning at 9:30. Andre' said you cant help from bedside! But it was a nice jesture!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL, I know I am gonna pay for this one!!! But who loves ya!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I actually will be very jealous of your sleep once these little bundles of joy are here!! YIKES!!!!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

M. O'Connor
Dec. 31, 2001, 04:36 AM
Chris--Wed/Thurs will be too late--I need to get some pics TODAY...Your originals will be returned to you, so don't worry about duplicating them if you can't get that done TODAY....

LOL Karin, yes Jane's pictures are really nice, and as you know....if I only HAD THEM it would be so great, but silly me, two months ago, I thought.... surely I'd be able to hook up with Laura in the meantime to organize them...so when Jane gave them to us at that PHA meeting, I told Laura to hang on to them--and she still has them, so I need to get those too...you know the whole story of yesterday...spoke w/her in the AM and then ......nothing.....And still waiting to hear from Swan Creek....

Now guys, I don't want to be scrambling around on Thursday and Friday doing this...remember my new job is "SUBSTITUTE TEACHING" I never know when I'm going to be called in, and I can't afford to say "NO" and this means that my days are (maybe) really not my own after tomorrow, and today and tomorrow are the only ones I can count on. So Chris--how about Starbuck's in BH around 2-ish? Or...Neil just told me he's working in EH today--he can meet you at the barn to pick them up...? Call me 287-3504

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

PONYPULR
Dec. 31, 2001, 05:24 AM
Let it be known that I will be FIRST on line for a banner ad!! However, I will not be interested if the webmaster/ad creator is not horse educated. I do not want a picture of an American Saddlebred on it, with wording like "English Boarding Barn" or "outside teachers welcome."

A person familiar with the hunter/jumper world is an absolute must, for all the facets of our new website.

The website need not be elaborate or new-fangled, but must serve the horse people in a concise and horse-educated manner.

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

Gold Dust
Dec. 31, 2001, 08:35 AM
1.- Family
2.- Sleep late
3.- work
4.- afternoon nap
And don't you forget that deLeyer /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Anyways, I stll am offering my AFTERNOON services Mary! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Janet- seems to be the opinion of the majority of the general public that I have spoken to. Many do not feel comfortable with a non horse person as web master. Laura, the gentleman you work with seems to have great ideas and fairly hi-tech which is a good thing but I feel most horse people are not in to hi-tech. Simple and have another horse person on the line I think is fine for this bunch!! lol /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Gold Dust
Dec. 31, 2001, 09:02 AM
Just got off the phone with West Lake Inn and they said they have 3 easels to display the pictures but no boards. The hostess told me the best way to do it is to get poster board from your local party store and that will work. How does that sound ?

......[and handled that situation at noon by the way with no problem!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif lol]

Jane
Dec. 31, 2001, 11:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gold Dust:
The hostess told me the best way to do it is to get poster board from your local party store and that will work. How does that sound ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would work, HOWEVER, I think a better alternative would be to use fabric-covered plywood. It'd certainly make a "sturdier" display, and it's not hard to make, especially if you have plywood lying around already. I have a ton of fabric, all nice stuff out of Italian mills, if you guys are interested.

Oh, and Deb....it's not true horse-people aren't into high tech stuff. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

brilyntrip
Dec. 31, 2001, 11:48 AM
But do you have a few pieces of plywood lying around?/ and if you do when and how will you cover them??

Gold Dust
Dec. 31, 2001, 01:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jane:
Oh, and Deb....it's not true horse-people aren't into high tech stuff. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Jane. 'Bout time you popped back in! O.K. so I should't of said horse people because I did really mean me !!! lol /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

M. O'Connor
Dec. 31, 2001, 04:41 PM
hooked up with Laura, delegated Neil to do the "eastern sector" pickups, and I now have quite a few photos and more on the way...

Jane, I like the idea about using fabric--we do have plywood....hmmmm. How to transport it, and get it to stand up...you and I will have do do some talking! However, I can't find your phone number....call me 287-3504!

Re website: we need both hi tech AND horse sense, do not rule out a happy blend of both...non horse people are not idiots, they can LEARN...so can WE; and we have--look at the learning curve we've had to conquer just this year!

But--let's get through this weekend...THEN worry about the website...as well as a ton of other stuff.

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

[This message was edited by M. O'Connor on Dec. 31, 2001 at 07:50 PM.]

Gold Dust
Jan. 1, 2002, 10:22 AM
I am sure that you and Mary are going to make the picture display look great! See you guys tomorrow.

Spoke to Tom Mannos yesterday and he hopes all of us had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year. He also said it feels strange to miss the dinner dance this year! For the LIHSAA meeting he shared his views on what has been transpiring lately that I will share at the meeting!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

brilyntrip
Jan. 1, 2002, 02:00 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gifThank God for Mary O'Connor and her organized fashion of doing what she says she'll do!!!!I just came from her house (kids played while we looked and reminisced at all the pics!)and saw first hand how hard she has been working! She has made copies of many of the old pics and has even repaired the pics so they look brand new as copies!I am s o impressed!I am sure the display will look superb!
So from me right now Mary Thank you !You are a treasure! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

M. O'Connor
Jan. 1, 2002, 06:38 PM
how about everyone coming to the dinner dance can bring a sheet of plywood--that way we'll have enough wall space to hang all the pictures that are now piled up in my living room! Seriously, there are enough pictures now to keep me busy from now till late Friday night...the stuff Laura brought from the McDermotts, the Rintouls and Tom Mannos (he had newspaper clippings from the early '60's!) is great...I'm so tempted to post an attachment or two here, but don't want to spoil the effect of having them "premiere" at the dinner dance...And thank goodness Jane and Karin are also going to help out, because there is way more than I can contend with!!!

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

brilyntrip
Jan. 1, 2002, 06:45 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Mary is having a melt down .. QUICK BRING ICED TEA to cool her boiling brain!!!NO SUGAR! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Gold Dust
Jan. 1, 2002, 06:51 PM
Oh dear. Its o.k. take a deep breath and I will see you and Jane tomorrow and we will get you through this without the need of any Prozac! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jane
Jan. 1, 2002, 08:06 PM
I'm excited to see the pics....I love old horsey pics, just ask Janet how many times I've gawked at hers in the lounge, LOL!

BTW, I recall the Caristos have a ton of really cool pics too....are they coming to the dinner dance?

Don't worry Mary, we'll get it done! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and let me share a secret...I work best under pressure! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

deleyer
Jan. 2, 2002, 04:40 AM
Hi Mary,
I didnt even think about newspaper clippings, I have them too, but dont worry I wont even think about sending them to you at this late time. LOL
I think its going to be great the outcome of all this preperation everyone is putting into this years 50th. However I am sad to hear that the person who is getting the Lifetime achievement award will not even be there. How sad is that???
Its a shame it going to be so nice especially being the 50th anniversay in all, what a great year to have the honors of being picked.
Deb so did the head count get bigger in the last couple of days!!!! Got to keep you on your toes otherwise you will be on your back snoozing!!! If you need any help call me I will be there, even if its to give you a wake up call. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Call if you need Andre' or myself.... we would be happy to help in any way we can... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PONYPULR
Jan. 2, 2002, 05:05 AM
OK, Guys-
What time you want me there? Mary, do you need more help? Ya got enough plywood? Lemme know....

Jane, thanks for stepping in! I can't wait to see this display!!

Yeah, Deb, have the numbers changed? And how 'bout the SRF point problem?

59 hours, 58 minutes and counting...

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

M. O'Connor
Jan. 2, 2002, 05:11 AM
countdown clocker......tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick....

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

Gold Dust
Jan. 2, 2002, 05:28 AM
Ever read the 'Tell Tale Heart'? I do believe Mr. Poe is haunting you at this moment!

Janet, I shall call you after I spend the afteroon with the girls[unless you would like to meet us there at 12:00?] I'll let you know if the pressure got to Jane and she is moving at warp speed and we all will just be in her way!lol /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif I think our count is about 335 at this moment so it is creeping up!

DeLeyer- My best work is done when you and Andre' are sleeping already but thanks anyway!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif But I still love ya!!

[This message was edited by Gold Dust on Jan. 02, 2002 at 05:27 PM.]

brilyntrip
Jan. 2, 2002, 05:52 AM
try looking at your most recent post.Is that what you meant to sayZ?

M. O'Connor
Jan. 2, 2002, 07:52 AM
I do not have time to read POE just now!!!!!!

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

[This message was edited by M. O'Connor on Jan. 02, 2002 at 11:07 AM.]

PONYPULR
Jan. 2, 2002, 06:23 PM
Well, it looks like Mary and Jane have got things under control with the pics!! Still no word from SRF??

45 hours, 41 minutes......

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

deleyer
Jan. 3, 2002, 04:56 AM
Hi Janet
I thought I would help you out this time since I was on the thread. Only 35 hours and 10 minutes until the curtains open, Deb you know what are are waiting to see when the curtains open dont you?????? LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PONYPULR
Jan. 3, 2002, 02:45 PM
25 hours, 19 minutes.......

Any word from SRF?

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

Jane
Jan. 3, 2002, 06:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PONYPULR:

Any word from SRF?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this should be your new sig. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by Jane on Jan. 04, 2002 at 01:35 AM.]

PONYPULR
Jan. 4, 2002, 04:43 AM
Hilarious, Jane!!!

It seems all is quiet here- The calm before the storm, or what?

11 hours, 21 minutes.....

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

[This message was edited by PONYPULR on Jan. 04, 2002 at 12:10 PM.]

M. O'Connor
Jan. 4, 2002, 04:56 AM
or

"Jane And Neil Decide How to Hang 65 Photos via Cell Phone"

(And please do not remind me we have only 11 hours and 8 minutes left)

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

PONYPULR
Jan. 4, 2002, 05:06 AM
It looks like the webpage has had a final update. Hooray.

Deb, Morgan's still tied for 5th. You can go back to bed now!!! Get rested for the Big Shindig.

And Mary/Jane- May the Force be with you. I have total faith in both of you!!

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

gwen
Jan. 4, 2002, 06:05 AM
Have fun tonight guys!!!!! It should be a nice evening..Maybe next year, I'll be there too!!! But I won't hold my breath!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Have a great time!!!!!

**Barb**

PONYPULR
Jan. 4, 2002, 09:16 AM
Gwen/Barb-
Please don't think you have to win a prize to be eligible to go to the dinner. Anyone and everyone can go. Fine time to tell ya, huh?

It sounds like Debby is on the mend- Yesterday she was suffering from First Day Of The Patch Yuckies.

6 hours, 50 minutes.....

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

gwen
Jan. 4, 2002, 10:04 AM
I didn't realize that!!!! The dinners that I have gone to in the past were Invite only...Well next year then!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Have fun!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

**Barb**

brilyntrip
Jan. 4, 2002, 10:05 PM
I think all went well considering!!Mary Neil and Jane did a fantastic job of displaying all those great old pics!!we should all thank these guys for going above and beyond the call of duty!I finally met the famous Claire who is very sweet am interested to see what she can do for us website wise ! Mary and Beth took lots of pics via their quick cams (?) mary says she'l post pics tomorrow !

PONYPULR
Jan. 4, 2002, 10:12 PM
Everyone looked smashing!! Wow, ya'll clean up so nice!!! From where I was it looked like the whole night went off without a hitch!!

Oh, except for the first speech that was a nice thought, although a trifle long. It overshadowed the presentation of the James Walsh Trophy that was given to Anne Aspinall this year.

Ken did a great job of hustling through the awards, so we had more time to party!

The tables looked terrific and, as I thought, Mary/Jane (I love saying that!) did a fabulous job with the photos!! Thanks so much, you two!! I think we should do somthing like that every year! Are you guys up for it??

Congrats, Deb, you did a super job!! You were the real winner here!!

Now it's time to move on to 2002, but I'll save that for tomorrow!!! Good night, everybody!!

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

Jane
Jan. 4, 2002, 10:28 PM
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who tuned into the COTH BB after getting home from the dinner dance! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The photo exhibit came out great, and really, Mary and Neil did most of the work, I just helped out. There were some really great photos, weren't there? and we now have a photo archive, which we can continue to build on.

Gwen/Barb: I wish you had known earlier about the dinner dance. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif well, you'll be there next year!

Deb, you did a great job organizing the whole affair, and everyone looked faaabulousss! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

deleyer
Jan. 5, 2002, 04:07 AM
Hi Everyone,
Well not like a bunch of you I couldnt post last nite, by body went right to the bed,
But like everyone has said already things looked great, pictures were terrific to see, wish more people participated in it but there lose,
And yes Janet I agree the first speech was a nice thought but I could not believe how long he made it, For a minute I forgot why we were there!
But my father inlaw and his wife had a great time as well as the rest of us,
Oh does anyone know if Mandy found her ring??? She was on a mission huh? I felt bad for her, hopefully she found it. tah tah for know...
/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

M. O'Connor
Jan. 5, 2002, 05:44 AM
Will post pictures after I dig the camera out of the heap of stuff I dumped on the kitchen table when we got back last night....So sorry to have missed the aforementioned speeches; just as well, I'd probably get myself in trouble making commentary on the content and delivery!

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

brilyntrip
Jan. 5, 2002, 07:18 AM
The speech was just another way of hearing himself talk .You all know how muchhe loves to hear his own voice eeven if it is during a painful (again) pointless speech that was totally unnecessary . I do think it is time already that he is reeled in by the real pres. don't you guys agree?

M. O'Connor
Jan. 5, 2002, 08:14 AM
Here's part of the gang....

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

M. O'Connor
Jan. 5, 2002, 08:22 AM
the DeLeyer sis-in-laws...

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

M. O'Connor
Jan. 5, 2002, 08:24 AM
and the "gallery...."

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

M. O'Connor
Jan. 5, 2002, 08:32 AM
CEO of Gallery Construction...

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

M. O'Connor
Jan. 5, 2002, 08:35 AM
I have no idea why those photos are getting bigger and bigger...

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

brilyntrip
Jan. 5, 2002, 10:51 AM
as you have nicknamed him is but a godamongst us, so smart built the display thing so quickly it was so well don e and easily taken apart .WOW!!
not enough thanx for you Mary Neil and Jane !!!

Gold Dust
Jan. 5, 2002, 11:25 AM
These pictures are great. This is so funny looking at all of us from last night. It was a good night and without the help of Mary, and Jane and Neil on pictures and display also all my raffle sellers,Janet[who by the way put money in places that put her as the top seller!] Bonnie, Morgan, Danielle[who got people to write checks if they had no cash for raffles] Gina, Ginny and probably some I've forgotten. Mandy and Laura who worked their tails off! I cann't thank everyone enough!
I want everyone to know when I got there at 6:00 to start setting up, Mary and Neil still had to go home, feed horses and change and they lived an hour away. Jane was still there too, and going home to change also. For everyone who went and looked at that display, remember the 3 people who put all that time into this project! Thanks again guys!

brilyntrip
Jan. 5, 2002, 11:59 AM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gifeveryone should be congratulated Deb it really went off really well ! You guys all did a fantastic job ! Laura who was stressing so badly she is going to be a wreck for at least a month!!
Mary Neil and Jane!I don't know how you guys all did such a great job and got back to enjoy some portion of the evening!DEB AND Mandy AS USUAL THE PLACE LOOKED FAB!!!!!I hope the raffles made lots of money especially the 50/50 so Marty can use it for you know what!!
I think that I heard some great ideas from one of our members to liven things up !! We should all get together and talk about this ok?

PONYPULR
Jan. 5, 2002, 03:19 PM
And I have just a few questions.

The ribbons for the Children's Ponies do not designate which size of pony, 2 sets of ribbons that only say "Childrens Hunter Pony" were ordered. So, I don't know which ponies, Large or Sm/Med, won the 4th and 5th that I have. Both have an Alvin pony involved, so I hope I just solved the first problem.

Number 2: There are 4 plates, 1 80" cooler, and 2 Champion ribbons left. Both champion ribbons are for horses. How does that add up?

Number 3: Stephanie Riggio was 4th and 5th in the Juniors with no 6th place winner. However, I only have a 4th and a 6th ribbon.

Anybody got any answers, please, let me know!!!

And Mrs. Rice, I'll be in touch for addresses once I get this straightened out!!!

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

[This message was edited by PONYPULR on Jan. 05, 2002 at 06:35 PM.]

Gold Dust
Jan. 5, 2002, 04:52 PM
Was that the total orphan count or do you just know who everyone else is? Actually, this time I have no idea. Sorry. My sister in law should be back in soon and be able to help you. She was reserve in her division so is in the loop on those guys!
I hope everyone can come to the PHA meeting for next years suggestions although I already have a list started! One thing I learned, The MC keeps the microphone all night and never looses possesion of the ball!! lol Also, I would love to check on new DJ's. If anyone goes to a function and loves the DJ-GET THEIR CARD!
50/50 raffle pulled in great money. Now- next project. The spring seminar. Come with ideas on monday people.
Horse-Show. Love/Hate list should be in the works so lets hear some views on that guys. They need to be called soon so lets make this #1 priority. Karin,[although I know you won't forget]bring that book on monday and could you make some checks on ones you think would be available?! Thanks Trip!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

reminder- PHA meeting this monday. 7:30! come support Jimmy at his first official meeting as the Big Cheese!!

M. O'Connor
Jan. 5, 2002, 06:15 PM
of the PHA meeting? 6pm?

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

PONYPULR
Jan. 6, 2002, 05:31 AM
Deb-
There are about 28 orphans, but I think I have most of the owners straight. I will need addresses though, after I get my questions answered! Ya out there, Mrs. Rice??

Mary--
The pics were GREAT!! Horse show meeting at 6:30 before the PHA meeting.

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

csmpony
Jan. 6, 2002, 05:55 AM
I just want to congratulate everyone who worked on the dinner dance this year. Everything was wonderful. The place looked great, the pictures were fabulous and everybody looked incredible. Never knew horse people could clean up so nice. I noticed that the handing out of the awards took much less time this year than last, and was very glad about that. Now if only the website had been updated more often and eveyrone knew where they stood during the year... (oops, did I say that out loud?)
So thank you, to everybody who worked so hard, for giving me a much needed and deserved fun night out. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

brilyntrip
Jan. 6, 2002, 07:21 AM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif THE fact that we all got our food before 10:30pm was a major plus!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Thanks to Debbie for telling the Westlake Inn to get the food served!! Now if all awards banquets could do that it would be great thanks so much DEb!!

Gold Dust
Jan. 6, 2002, 08:52 AM
Right now I need 2 things:
1.-PHA and or LIHSAA stationary [I need to thank all people who donated raffles]
2.- A cigarette! Jeez this is NOT easy
/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Tonkarider
Jan. 6, 2002, 10:52 AM
I think I have the wrong trophy plate from the dinner dance. I have one that says "PHA", and my division was "LIHSAA pre-adult hunter" and all of my other trophy plates say "LIHSAA" for the last 4 years. Did they all say "PHA" this year, or do I have an Eq. person's plate. Is there any way I can bring my plate to the PHA meeting on Monday and make a trade? Help, I don't know who to contact. Tonka is very upset that I haven't hung his 2001 plate up yet and I can't risk another injury. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
Eileen
matz@bnl.gov

brilyntrip
Jan. 6, 2002, 12:47 PM
Eileen but i will certainly try to find out ! I have to call Laura Reed who ordered all the trophies OK?

brilyntrip
Jan. 6, 2002, 03:56 PM
So all of you winners and reserve guys you must get your pics your pics to me!! ASAP!!! By no later than jan 14 th .They must be no larger than 8x10 or smaller than 31/2 x5 no copies or scanned shots also any pics must have permission from the photographer okZ?

Gold Dust
Jan. 6, 2002, 07:51 PM
So, now that I can think of more then cigarettes LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Eilleen, bring the plate tomorrow and I am sure between all of us trying, we will locate Laura and the plate! Laura, are you there? I'll try e-mailing her tomorrow if she has not checked in here tonight.

on this tone- won't our own website and message board be a great thing!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Claire, it was nice to meet you finally and hope the ball will be in motion soon. I'm next for a banner add after Janet! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PONYPULR
Jan. 7, 2002, 04:54 AM
I HAVE THE ORPHANS!!!! Laura does not!! I will be glad to bring a LIHSAA plate to the meeting tonight and try to straighten out the plate dilemma.

I'm very happy for both you and Marty, Deb!!! You are not going to believe how good you can feel!!! Physically and mentally!! Now we need to work on Karin!!!! And Laura!!!

Thanks, Mary, for the offer for addresses. Will give you a list tonight. Way too long to type it!!!

See y'all tonight!!

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

PONYPULR
Jan. 7, 2002, 05:00 AM
I don't remember in the past that Reserve Champions could get their pics posted in the Chronicle. I thought it was only Champions. Clear that up for us, will ya, Karin? Thanks.

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

Gold Dust
Jan. 7, 2002, 05:26 AM
I thought we needed one of the extra's from Laura! Now I don't need to send that e-mail!

As far as the reserve thing I believe you are correct Janet.

brilyntrip
Jan. 7, 2002, 05:51 AM
Ip think we will have this roblem solved by tonight !!! If in fact Janet does have a LIHSAA plate she will give it to me tonight at the meeting .I will be glad to drive it out to your barn on Tues ?? ok???
That way TONKA will not get too fussy and I won't have to worry about you

brilyntrip
Jan. 7, 2002, 06:15 AM
That are posted at thi slink by the Chronicle


OK I admit it I am so stupid that I cannot post the link!!!
www.chronofhorse.com/special/hsissue.html (http://www.chronofhorse.com/special/hsissue.html)

[This message was edited by brilyntrip on Jan. 07, 2002 at 09:34 AM.]

PONYPULR
Jan. 7, 2002, 06:46 AM
I can't seem to post any messages on my own website!!! It appears everyone else can, but I CAN'T!!! WAAAAA!!

OK- Back to business-Yes, Karin, I will have the plate, the LIHSAA form you wanted, and Penelope Lawson's 2 ribbons from last year, with me tonight. Can you think of anything else?

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

PONYPULR
Jan. 7, 2002, 06:49 AM
I don't remember seeing them in the past?? OK, I'll work on that.....

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

PONYPULR
Jan. 7, 2002, 06:54 AM
No photos (of champions) will be acepted without a list of the champions and reserves of all the divisions. They don't want reserve pics, as I read it. They do want a list of all our winners and reserves. Right??

"I can't drive....55!!!!" Sammy Hagar

M. O'Connor
Jan. 7, 2002, 08:31 AM
and the Chs get a photo....I know that one of my peeves is when the division isn't identified along with the photo...I mean, what's the point if there is no mention of WHAT you were champion IN?

See you guys tonight--I'm being a HS Social Studies teacher today.....

MCL

"r" H/J/HEq

brilyntrip
Jan. 7, 2002, 08:50 AM
I said I wanted or needed pics of reserves!I just have to send the name etc

Tonkarider
Jan. 7, 2002, 09:14 AM
Wow Karin,
You are quick to resolve things! I plan on coming to the meeting tonight and bringing my PHA plate for the trade, unless the roads are too slippery. If the roads are bad I will contact you so we can trade plates at my barn, or whatever location is good for you. I Oh So Owe You Big Time! Sorry Janet, I was confused on the orphan issue, plus I didn't know if all of the plates read PHA this year. Hope to see you all tonight.
Thanks again,
Eileen (who will do anything to pacify the tempermental TonkaMan)
/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

timedjumpoff
Jan. 7, 2002, 10:49 AM
Great party everyone...second only to
the great party that's coming next year!

Now I know why I missed this year's honoree,,,not there!

I'd love to help you with next year's...but we
need to start early so we can pull things together. As I metioned to Karin, maybe some kind of visual presentation
(slide show/video, etc. to go along with
the honoree presentation as well as of the champions). In such a large room,
it's hard to get everyone's attention with just
a voice. lf we have something for people to focus on, say on a large screen, it might make all the presentations more excitibng.

We could do a pre-recorded voiceover or have the MC narrate it.....using a prepared script and adlibs if possible. Know any Johnny Carson types out there?

I'd be willing to work on the script for the show...humor included. It would've been great to do a Saturday Night Live type takeoff on "the standings fiasco" this year. All in fun, of course. Seriously,,,are there any good speakers/comedians in this group? Or how
about some people willing to be in a skit?

We could also put some kind of music sound track to the presentation.

OK guys...I'm willing to help with any of the script writing/producing/directing you might need...even casting if we need a "personality"
to be MC. But I can't do the art work/mechanics of formatting slides
or making a video. You probably know
PHA members or local people who can do that. I THINK THIS MIGHT BE JANE'S AREA...
how 'bout it, Jane??

Unfortunately I can't make the PHA meeting tonight (urgent project due this week). but
I'd be happy to talk to anyone about these ideas any time.

See you next time.

Bonni

brilyntrip
Jan. 7, 2002, 12:40 PM
We would all appreciate any input from our members!!!
Oh and btw for you guys out there about the pictures !
Apparently James Parker is twitching about givin permissions for printing his pictures!I was told by a mom this afternoon that he has spoken with the Chronicle and they will print them.Don't worry though I am calling Chronicle myself now to confirm this!

brilyntrip
Jan. 8, 2002, 06:15 AM
I did in fact speak to the woman in charge of that issue of Chronicle .She did say that Mr.Parker had in fact called her and there is some special identification method that she wasn't too clear about!
So for anyone using his pics good luck I certainly hope you have his authorization ...

Gold Dust
Jan. 8, 2002, 07:36 AM
Doing the January meeting update so go ther guys!