PDA

View Full Version : DEVON!!!

Heather Dobbs
Feb. 7, 2002, 09:29 AM
the prizelist is out! i'm sending in my entries ASAP! i'm a little worried about getting in for the juniors because they're only taking 20. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif i think they took, like, 30 last year. and do you think my 2300 points will be enough? i'm still gonna keep showing until qulaifying is done, but i just want to see how close i am already. anybody else goin, to show or watch? anybody else trying to get in for the younger small juniors or big eq? i just hope i have an eq horse before then, cuz something tells me my hunter can't do it there. lol, but i've got to have my entries accepted first.

~*~it's all good...and i'm all that~*~

~DeSpErAtElY sEeKiNg An Eq HoRsE~

Heather Dobbs
Feb. 7, 2002, 09:29 AM
the prizelist is out! i'm sending in my entries ASAP! i'm a little worried about getting in for the juniors because they're only taking 20. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif i think they took, like, 30 last year. and do you think my 2300 points will be enough? i'm still gonna keep showing until qulaifying is done, but i just want to see how close i am already. anybody else goin, to show or watch? anybody else trying to get in for the younger small juniors or big eq? i just hope i have an eq horse before then, cuz something tells me my hunter can't do it there. lol, but i've got to have my entries accepted first.

Hound Dog Diaries
Feb. 7, 2002, 01:41 PM
Ooh I got my prizelist tooo! They're out a little earlier this year than I've remembered in the past, but hey, it's all good /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'm hoping/praying for my parents to let me do Locals this year.

We should have a COTH get-together at Devon this year - I'll buy the fudge /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
* Emily *
If you're here for four more years or four more weeks, you're here right now.
I think when you're somewhere, you ought to be there.
It's not about how long you stay in a place, it's about what you do while you're there, and when you go, is that place any better for your having been there?

Molly99
Feb. 7, 2002, 04:02 PM
Devon has always taken only 20 in each section of Junior Hunters. Indoors takes more, so that might be what you are thinking about.

Remember only your top 15 National shows from the qualifying period count. All the Federation NOW and make sure they have the same as you. Much easier to deal with it now, then when you don't get in and think you should have.

Good luck.

Heather Dobbs
Feb. 7, 2002, 07:25 PM
yeah! a coth get together at devon would be fun! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
yeah, i definitely must have confused inddors with devon. thanx for clearin that up! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rockford
Feb. 7, 2002, 07:57 PM
I'll be there for the eq probably, so if you guys wanna buy me some fudge... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Heather, I looked at the qualifying lists from last year and they took 24 in each division so you weren't way off. And I think the cutoff for the younger smalls was 1299, so even if it's higher this year you should still get in /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I would post the link but I don't know how to do that...

Everythingbutwings
Feb. 8, 2002, 05:19 AM
It wasn't the same last year! (Devon was grand, the fudge, however, was a bummer)

Mr. Wings and I might be up to watch the Hunter Breeding classes again this year. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Heather Dobbs
Feb. 8, 2002, 06:15 AM
megan-thanx for the reassurance. hopefully it will get to be more points than 2358, so that i can be a little more confident. my goal was 2500, but a lot of people weren't sure that i would even get 2000, so you never know. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
this fudge thing is starting to sound better and better /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif too bad i'm on a diet!
what do you guys know about the eq courses there? my mother suggested doing the eq w/raja to warm him up in case we get in for jrs. that's what we do now all the time, but i wasn't sure about the turns...i wouldn't want to confuse him too much for hunters.

stop4
Feb. 8, 2002, 06:20 AM
I will be at Devon this year but i refuse to eat fudge! Long story... Rockford coaxed me into eating my first bite of fudge at Blowing Rock after 10 years of a Fudge Fear.

Marion (Long Acre Hats Off's GOOD LUCK CHARM)

HSM
Feb. 8, 2002, 08:01 AM
Can all of you guys who are experts explain to me how one qualifies for Devon? I have looked at their website and did not find it there.

I understand that it is based on points, but where do these points need to be earned? Are there only certain shows that count? If so, how do you find out which ones these are? Do you need to "register" at the start of the season? When does the season begin and end? How do you know that you have qualified? What is "The Federation"?

Consider this a request for a complete lesson in "how-to-go-to-Devon"! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Thanks in advance!

PS - oh yeah, one more thing: "indoors" - I hear this term used a lot; is this just one single show (e.g. the Garden) or is it a group of shows?

Sorry for the ignorance but this part of horse-showing is still new to this mom. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Heather Dobbs
Feb. 8, 2002, 09:26 AM
for devon, you earn points earned at USAE registered show. that would be "the federation" you were wondering about. for devon, qualifying starts april 1, and ends march 31(or 30, i can't remember how many days are in march). for points to count, you must register both horse and rider with the AHSA. you must enter the show either online or request a prizelist(sometimes they don't get sent on their own /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ). they will send you a letter saying whether or not you qualified...trust me, the rejection letters are depressing! /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
indoors is the nickname for all indoors finals shows(capital challenge, harrisburg/ahsa finals, WIHS/wihs finals, and of course, the garden/maclay finals. i personally consider maclay regionals an indoors show, and uset finals too, even though the uset finals isn't indoors.

Anne
Feb. 8, 2002, 09:30 AM
Indoors is traditionally Harrisburg, Washington (International Horse Show) and New York. Capitol Challenge is a relatively new addition to the list. Some people go on to the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto, too.

HSM
Feb. 8, 2002, 10:07 AM
So Heather, how do you calculate the points for Devon? It must be different than the points listed at USA Eq (I looked up your points under both zone and national to compare - hope you don't mind! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) Is there someplace else to look up your points specifically for Devon? And is there someplace to look up the way to calculate the points?

Also, since I'm picking your brain Heather /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, I seem to remember you posting a while back (last fall?) about qualifying for a children's hunter classic at the Garden - am I right? What was that, and where can I get more info on that?

By the way, FYI: (*said as a rhyme*) "30 days has September, April June, and November, all the rest have 31 except Feb., which has 28, or in leap year, 29" /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by HSM on Feb. 08, 2002 at 12:15 PM.]

wadino
Feb. 8, 2002, 10:14 AM
One of the reason why Heather's Zone and National Points aren't the same as her Devon points is because those points are as of December 1, 2001 and the Devon points are from April 1.

HSM
Feb. 8, 2002, 10:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ryan:
One of the reason why Heather's Zone and National Points aren't the same as her Devon points is because those points are as of December 1, 2001 and the Devon points are from April 1. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Duh!! Not too bright on my part. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Thanks Ryan! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rockford
Feb. 8, 2002, 10:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>what do you guys know about the eq courses there? my mother suggested doing the eq w/raja to warm him up in case we get in for jrs. that's what we do now all the time, but i wasn't sure about the turns...i wouldn't want to confuse him too much for hunters. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well height-wise, the USET is a substantial 3'9" and the others a good 3'6", but you do those all the time anyway. For the most part, they're all jumperish jumps if I remember correctly...I don't remember if there were any liverpools last year but there was a triplebar in one class. All the courses ask questions, but since the ring is fairly big there aren't that many tight turns...

Molly99
Feb. 8, 2002, 05:08 PM
In addition to Heather's post re qualifying.

Devon and each of the qualifying indoor fall shows only use your top 15 National show points for that period specific to that show.

Heather I will use your points as an example, since you have posted them.

If Heather went to 20 shows to earn her 2500 points, only the top 15 shows would count and therefore change her qualifing point total to say 2000. If she earned all 2500 points at 15 shows or less all the points would count.

Having it done this way means simply that you can't "chase" points to get in. You can show all you want, but only a maximum of 15 shows will count.

Many do consider Capital Challenge part of the indoor fall circuit, however they do not use the same qualifying process that the others use. The simply limit entries to the first that enter.

Also remember for all the qualifying shows, the entry deadline is STRICTLY upheld. If it is even postmarked a day late, expect to get it returned.

Heather, in the past the EQ courses have been very similar to a jr jumper course, modified slightly. They lean closer to a finals course than a local A show course. Medal is probably the "easist" course in terms of difficulty in past years. Definatly not a modified hunter course!

GirlLikeThat
Feb. 8, 2002, 06:02 PM
Hey Heather...
I have seen tons of Devon Eq courses, and my suggestion would be that if you wouldn't be comfortable taking Raja to an indoor equitation final then I wouldn't take him to Devon in the eq. Some years the courses are straightforward, but others are tough and if you aren't totally prepared you will run into problems. The jumps are a real 3'6 and the lines tend to be demanding, as are the courses in general. But some times the courses are do-able on most horses. Good Luck

-------------------------
-Erin-
"You've got to think with a girl like that any love at all is better then nothing..."

JBO
Feb. 8, 2002, 06:32 PM
Beter make your hotel reservations now, just in case - I tried this morning, and couldn't get into the Courtyard Marriott right next to the grounds, ended up at the one (supposedly) 2 miles away in Wayne - anyone know if it's really that close? Anywhere near the Residence Inn (stayed there last year)?

Hound Dog Diaries
Feb. 8, 2002, 09:28 PM
Wayne is one of those places whose zip codes stretches for miles and miles, but the actual town is pretty danged small. The Wayne I live in and Devon are very very close, and right now I'm kicking myself because I can't remember for the life of me where the Marriott in Wayne or the Residence Inn actually are. The zip code for Wayne goes all the way out to the Valley Forge area, which isn't exactly close to the grounds.

If nothing works out, email me and you can stay in my guest room (if Mom doesn't object /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

* Emily *
It's not about how long you stay in a place, it's about what you do while you're there, and when you go, is that place any better for your having been there?

RumoursFollow
Feb. 9, 2002, 12:18 AM
I stayed in the most beautiful hotel @ Devon last year- it was SO nice. I cant remember the name though. It was on that road... just kinda far down. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Last year the eq asked some questions that alot of people there couldnt answer. (I believe) The first line was a galloping.. 4 (?) and a TON of people ran and chipped. It was a spectacle. Not that I wouldnt have fallen off at the first fence... but still. lol.

I dont know how eqy your hunter is, but I definetly would not have wanted to do my hunter in the eq there.

-----------------------------
RumoursFollow
Ten Oaks Farm (http://www.geocities.com/tenoakssc/index.html)

Heather Dobbs
Feb. 9, 2002, 10:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HSM:
So Heather, how do you calculate the points for Devon? It must be different than the points listed at USA Eq (I looked up _your_ points under both zone and national to compare - hope you don't mind! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) Is there someplace else to look up your points specifically for Devon? And is there someplace to look up the way to calculate the points?

Also, since I'm picking your brain Heather /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, I seem to remember you posting a while back (last fall?) about qualifying for a children's hunter classic at the Garden - am I right? What was that, and where can I get more info on that?

By the way, FYI: (*said as a rhyme*) _"30 days has September, April June, and November, all the rest have 31 except Feb., which has 28, or in leap year, 29"_ /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by HSM on Feb. 08, 2002 at 12:15 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

your points for devon are your top 15 shows calculated according to ahsa national points. for zone points, they are different because they calculate everything for a C value, even if it is an A show. haha, now i get the moths and days!
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif umm, yeah, i did go to that. you have to be first in your zone for children's or adults, or you win at the national horse show local day(what i did). i guess you could go to their website, www.nhs.org (http://www.nhs.org) to get more info.

Heather Dobbs
Feb. 9, 2002, 11:00 AM
what hotels are the best? we have to make reservations, and i didn't want to get stuck at an icxky one /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

buryinghill1
Feb. 10, 2002, 08:03 AM
Main Stay Suites
800.660.MAIN
www.mainstaysuites.com/hotel/pa238 (http://www.mainstaysuites.com/hotel/pa238)

HSM
Feb. 10, 2002, 10:12 AM
Thanks!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Heather Dobbs
Feb. 10, 2002, 05:59 PM
thanx yd!

Beansismyman
Feb. 10, 2002, 09:08 PM
ok yeah i REALLY wanted to get into devon sometime before i'm out of juniors...( 6 years) but now i have noooooo chance...15 SHOWS!!! 2500 POINTS!! lol i am just happy to get 15...god this REALLY shoots my self esteem

when life hands you lemons...stuff them in ur bra!!
i like boys...wut can i say?
Its that G-A- double Bizzy- Y

Zaboobafoo
Feb. 10, 2002, 09:48 PM
My best friend and I are definitely going to drive out to Devon from our humble near NYC home(its one of my favorites and she's never been!) Anyone know about how far it would be for us?? Could we drive there and back or do we need a hotel? And if we need a hotel room, anyone else planning on going for Jr weekend and/or the GP and wanna share a room? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Heather Dobbs
Feb. 11, 2002, 06:05 AM
beanismyman-if you have six years left, you have plenty of time to work up to getting that many points. i didn't get into harrisburg my first year(last year)in jrs, and i'm still alive. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Everythingbutwings
Feb. 11, 2002, 06:15 AM
Heather Dobbs, Mr. Wings and I stayed at the Best Western on Rt100 in Exton (just up from Rt 30 and about a half hour from the show grounds)

It was very nice and allowed dogs /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Area Hotel/Motel links from Villanova University (http://parents.villanova.edu/travel2campus/hotele.htm)

[This message was edited by Everythingbutwings on Feb. 11, 2002 at 08:51 AM.]

Everythingbutwings
Feb. 11, 2002, 08:33 AM
Devon Horse Show (http://www.thedevonhorseshow.com/content/lodging.asp) Lodging info.

Heather Dobbs
Feb. 11, 2002, 09:26 AM
anything that allows dogs will be good, because my trainer has a jack russel puppy that she'll probably want to bring /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~SC~
Feb. 11, 2002, 02:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RumoursFollow:

I dont know how eqy your hunter is, but I definetly would not have wanted to do my hunter in the eq there.

_RumoursFollow_
http://www.geocities.com/tenoakssc/index.html
-----------------------------<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could someone PLEASE explain this concept to my trainer, of not doing a hunter in the eqs?!?! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif My horse has an eq-y enough *look*, but definitely NOT the mentality!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~Sarah~

Heather Dobbs
Feb. 11, 2002, 03:59 PM
actually, most people really don't do hunters in the eq, unless that horse is well-suited for both divisions...or, you're like me-a pathetic loser who can't find an eq horse after a year of trying /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif but at least it's helped raja with bending, and now he can counter-canter! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Drifter
Feb. 12, 2002, 12:25 PM
Speaking of points- does anyone know how many points it took the large younger juniors last year
to qualify? I am aware it changes from year to year, but I'm just looking for an idea. Someone
thought it was around 1900 for the 15 shows- does
that sound right? Is there a site that this information can be found? Also - we are fortunate
to live 20-25minutes from Devon and there are a lot of hotels in the the general area. King of Prussia (home of the 2nd largest shopping mall in the country-so I'm told!), is only 10 to 15 minutes from Devon (depending on traffic). Obviously, they would have a lot of hotels and major chains as well. There is a nice Sheraton
called the Great Valley Sheraton going towards Exton (about 15 minutes), Desmond Hotel in the Great Valley area, also Courtyard Marriot in Wayne. There are Summerfield Suites and Residence Inn in the Great Valley, Malvern, Wayne area. In my travels I'll take note of other convenient hotel/motels/inns in the area. Any info on the points would be great!! Thanks!

RAM
Feb. 12, 2002, 12:31 PM
Anyone know what the cut-off for younger AO's was last year. I tried to check a web site but it's no longer available. thanks

Heather Dobbs
Feb. 12, 2002, 12:57 PM
isn't it odd that they got rid of the point cutoffs? /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif annoying! anyways, for the large youngers it'll probably be near 2000, but i'd enter no matter what, just in case /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif and i am not sure about the A/O's

Molly99
Feb. 12, 2002, 01:42 PM
I was told that they remove the cut offs, because in the past their have been people that thought they were the cutoffs for the current year, entered, didn't get in, threatened to sue.

Rough estimate I would try to have at least 1750 in any division that is popular.

The cut off is really deteremined by who enters and how much they have shown in the qualifying period. since you only need to send in $40 now, better to enter and not get in than to find out you would have gotten in, but didn't enter.

good luck

Beansismyman
Feb. 12, 2002, 05:03 PM
its just that i will NEVER have enough money to go to 15+ shows a year without a sponsor...anyone know of anyone?!

when life hands you lemons...stuff them in ur bra!!
i like boys...wut can i say?
Its that G-A- double Bizzy- Y

Rockford
Feb. 12, 2002, 05:20 PM
I don't know how to make a link but if you go here http://ryegate.com/QUAL/qualify.htm, they list the cutoff points under each division at the bottom of the qualifying list /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Heather Dobbs
Feb. 12, 2002, 05:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WC Princess:
I was told that they remove the cut offs, because in the past their have been people that thought they were the cutoffs for the current year, entered, didn't get in, threatened to sue.

good luck<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

omg, is that for real? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

and ARE juniors allowed to have sponsers? i was just thinkin over that idea myself recently /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Heather Dobbs
Feb. 12, 2002, 07:53 PM
yes! a friend just sent me the cutoffs from last year! here they are:
small youngers:1299
small olders:1772
large youngers:1590
large olders:2114
younger ammys:1359
olders ammys:718

if you want them for another division, just ask /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Zaboobafoo
Feb. 13, 2002, 02:46 PM
You CAN qualify without doing 15 shows...they don't require that you have 15 shows. You just have to be really good and win at big shows /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif My old pony Woodland's Fair Play qualified for Devon on the larges(a VERY competitive division) with 11 shows.

Heather Dobbs
Feb. 13, 2002, 07:18 PM
omg, my friend has that pony now! ricky? that is very kewl /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif he's an awesome pony!

Kahuna
Feb. 19, 2002, 06:52 PM
Do you have the cutoff for the ponies from last year?

http://community.webshots.com/user/kindalucky

Rockford
Feb. 19, 2002, 07:12 PM
small- 2429 (31 accepted)
medium- 2474 (32)
large- 2150 (32)

Kahuna
Feb. 19, 2002, 08:02 PM
Thanks! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://community.webshots.com/user/kindalucky

Heather Dobbs
Feb. 20, 2002, 07:17 AM
i have a question-for the horse hunt teams. do you have to have a theme like the ponies do, or what? just wondering, cuz my friends and i were thinkin of doin it.

buryinghill1
Feb. 20, 2002, 07:23 AM
The horse teams are very conservative at Devon.

Emanon
Feb. 20, 2002, 08:28 AM
Does anyone remember the cut off for the 1st years? I can't find it.

Zaboobafoo who are you? I think I know you. Did you just recently have Woodland's Fair Play?

Heather Dobbs
Feb. 20, 2002, 07:37 PM
thanks! yeah, i was hoping there was no theme, as i am not creative. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
i believe that the first year cutoff was around 1000, but i'm not 100% positive

Heather Dobbs
Mar. 18, 2002, 01:06 PM
ok, i had to bump this up because i have a question relating to all this and i don't want to start a new topic.
do they use an actual water jump for the wihs and uset classes at devon, or do they only use liverpools? even my hunter jumps a liverpool, but horses who jump the real water are hard to come by(unless you pay a fortune), and i don't have much time left to find an eq horse to lease/buy by devon.

*~*DeSpErAtElY sEeKiNg An Eq HoRsE*~*

Weatherford
Mar. 18, 2002, 01:27 PM
not open water - usually those shiney soft plastic ones.

/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Are you going to visit me in April? Time is getting close...

Hound Dog Diaries
Mar. 18, 2002, 02:42 PM
I've only seen liverpools at Devon - besides, how would they build open water in the Dixon Oval? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

* Emily *

Claiborne
Mar. 18, 2002, 03:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sandstone:
I will be at Devon this year but i refuse to eat fudge! Long story... Rockford coaxed me into eating my first bite of fudge at Blowing Rock after 10 years of a Fudge Fear.

Marion (Long Acre Hats Off's GOOD LUCK CHARM) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you just going up to watch Gregor in the Green Conformation w/ Daniel??
when is it?? cuz maybe if im home and not busy or anything i could fly up with u guys!!(im assuming we would fly since thats very far lol)

~Princess Sarah~
*Stonewall* ~Cajun Spice~

buryinghill1
Mar. 18, 2002, 03:09 PM
There IS a water jump in the Dixon Oval!! I watched it get covered over. It wasn't broken up or destroyed - just buryied. If that ring floods really badly, it could rear it's ugly head. Only once have I seen it do so (during a Saddlebred class!). I noticed jumps are usually built on top of it, and the 4-in-one rake never digs too deep on that side. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
It was very hard to run driving classes and saddlebred classes with that "pit!"
Since it's burial, I have seen only rubber liverpools in use.

Heather Dobbs
Mar. 18, 2002, 04:18 PM
this is all very good for me! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif i told my mom that there were only liverpools, but she refused to believe me until i got some actual proof. thanks, guys!

Cleo
Apr. 16, 2002, 08:36 PM
Who is getting in? I am going nuts waiting. I am NOT patient!!! What do you guys think your odds are? Anyone who qualified last year? When did you find out?
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dana
Apr. 16, 2002, 09:03 PM
Well, if it rains as hard this year as it did last year, I wouldn't be too worried about water jumps. They pretty much just blended in with the rest of the arena. The whole of the Dixon Oval was pretty much an open water! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

stop4
Apr. 16, 2002, 09:24 PM
Sarah- my mom won't pay to have Gregor just go with Daniel so I am not going /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Marion
*Gregor* *Amalia* *no more Waffle /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif * *Welldon*

Box-of-Rox
Apr. 16, 2002, 09:30 PM
i found out about this time last year...

------
the price of three AP exams? $243
binders and office supplies for study guides? $53
three horse shows through may? $ a lot
NoDoz pills to manage it all? $4.99
the sound of "pencils down" come last final exam? priceless.

DS
Apr. 16, 2002, 09:59 PM
I'm so excited.. my guy is doing the young hunters us this yr!!!! ( hopefully 2nd show under saddle!)

Ok I'm outa here like a fat kid in dodge ball!

MKM
Apr. 17, 2002, 07:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> do they use an actual water jump for the wihs and uset classes at devon, or do they only use liverpools? even my hunter jumps a liverpool, but horses who jump the real water are hard to come by(unless you pay a fortune), and i don't have much time left to find an eq horse to lease/buy by devon.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you know, you could work with your horse and school it over water, and actually train him to jump it. you dont have to pay a fortune to buy a horse that will already jump water as if it were nothing. almost any horse will learn it in practically no time with the right training.

kris10rb
Apr. 17, 2002, 08:16 AM
Has anyone heard yet??

Heather Dobbs
Apr. 17, 2002, 12:43 PM
i am getting so anxious waiting for my letter. everyone is telling me i have enough points, but i always have bad luck with this sort of thing. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
and teaching a horse to jump water at home is simple, considering, but doing it in a show? a totally different matter altogether /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif and because i am getting WAYYY beyond the point of desperation, does any one know of any eq horses for sale or lease, or even short-term lease?

PonyJumperGRL
Apr. 17, 2002, 02:17 PM
its often a little hard to teach horses to actually JUMP 12 foot+ open waters...yea...and also few barns actually want to build water obstacles permanently into their arena...I'm all for the do-it-yourself thing, but teaching a horse to jump the open water would definitely be something I'd leave to a professional....

So exactly how many horses have you taught to jump the water?

*Gift of Honor*Gallants Talent*

MKM
Apr. 17, 2002, 02:42 PM
I've actually taught three to jump water. 2 went on to be intermediate level eventers, and one a grand prix jumper who wouldn't go near it at first. This was, of course, with the help of an experienced professional, but always me riding. And I didn't mean that to be rude, I was just saying you don't have to spend the big bucks if you have guts, patience, and a good trainer.

MKM
Apr. 17, 2002, 02:47 PM
also, in agreement about barns that have the facilities for that. i started out with poles, tarps, water, you get the idea. but was fortunate enough to live near a barn that had a grand prix field to school on.

sorry if it sounded at all snippity, i dealt more with eventers, but had that one jumper that i got big time experience with.

buryinghill1
Apr. 17, 2002, 02:52 PM
Mr Eventing himself took one of our "water problem" horses (Grand Prix level) and said he could fix him. Mr Gold Medals spent an awful lot of time in the dirt, in the water or getting run away with (forget the pulley rein garbage, he ran the horse into a tree to stop /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ). Finally one day we found the horse IN the water tied to a log. Eating his breakfast. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Mr Eventing said the horse needed to be an eventer. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Horse had GUTS and GUMPTION! And so, he became a very famous event horse, left the Grand prix world and never had a "water problem" again.
I learned Mr Eventer had hitched the horse to a tractor, with a nylon halter and a chain and the horse was forced into the water. No blood and gore, just no choice. I'm glad I wasn't there! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

MKM
Apr. 17, 2002, 02:56 PM
that's terrible! i would have been pi**ed if that was my horse. maybe i'm just lucky to have not encountered a horse that was THAT adament about not going near it. although i have had some tough ones.

my horse that i did jumpers and eventing with eventually would jump a 10 foot water spread and any water jump on a xc course. but any time we had to cross a 2 inch deep creek, he wouldn't hear of it!

Waterwatch
Apr. 17, 2002, 03:46 PM
After Friday 4/19, if you go to the Ryegate site, they will have a list of the horses/ponies who have qualified for Devon. The letters will go out sometime the end of next week.

I also have no patience either, so I e-mail them at Devon and that was what the show secretary told me!

"May the happiest days of your past be the saddest days of your future."

no longer a BBer
Apr. 17, 2002, 04:10 PM
Also, Heather's horse is a hunter and she would want an eq horse so her hunter didn't have to do 5 (or more) classes in the juniors and then do 5 (or more) eq classes on him.

Go Get 'Em Tiger!!!

kris10rb
Apr. 17, 2002, 06:41 PM
Thanks Waterwatch!! Now I can't wait until Friday.

Heather Dobbs
Apr. 18, 2002, 06:20 AM
omg, i can't wait until friday!

buryinghill2
Apr. 18, 2002, 11:43 AM
Accepted entries for Devon are now posted at Ryegate.com
Check it out! Thanks to everyone there.

MKM
Apr. 18, 2002, 12:11 PM
Heather, you can finally stop waiting! You're in, way to go! I hope to make it up to watch some of ya'll. How far is it from DC?

Drifter
Apr. 18, 2002, 01:02 PM
Abby- I just went to Ryegate.com and I went to the Link site for Devon and went to 2002 Qualifiers and it said "Coming Soon". Where did you find it ??? We want to know!!!!! If someone knows how we can find it please let us know.
Thanks and Good Luck everyone!

Colin
Apr. 18, 2002, 01:04 PM
The qualifying list is right on the front page of Ryegate. They don't have it up yet on the devon site.

buryinghill1
Apr. 18, 2002, 01:08 PM
http://www.ryegate.com/SHOWS/Devon/Devon.htm

Kristine Kennedy
Apr. 18, 2002, 01:58 PM
Haha ok I had the opposite problem of most of you all. I went to ryegate and they didn't have the list up but the devon site did. Anyways I still have to wait for my letter to come cause I'm doing the equitation

~Kristineh

http://hometown.aol.com/kkennedy919/page1.html

Jamie Taylor
Apr. 18, 2002, 02:39 PM
ARGHHHH I want to go to Devon!!! Anyone want to give me a horse /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Heather Dobbs
Apr. 20, 2002, 02:03 PM
haha, jamie, i feel the same way...for the eq /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif my horse allegiance got in for the younger small jrs, and i am SOOOO proud of him /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Court@HJ-OH
Apr. 20, 2002, 03:06 PM
How do you get in the Eq there? Nothing special? Just enter?

**Courtney**
Jack ~On the Rocks~ PLEASE /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Momo ~Just My Luck~

A woman only needs two animals in her life.. the horse of her dreams and a jackass to pay for it!

CBS
Apr. 20, 2002, 05:05 PM
This web site also has the complete list!! HUNTERSWAY.COM

rockstar
Apr. 21, 2002, 06:39 PM
MKM,

I have to disagree with you on the whole "any horse can be taught to do water" theory. I definitely believe that there are SOME horses that just can't be taught to do it without resorting to torturous methods.

My old eq horse rocked, but I (wimp that I was) could not get him to do water to save my life. He moved onto other barns where they did some not-so-nice things to him and, suddenly, he started doing water (still not always though). I chose to have him not jump water with me over doing things that could have gotten him over it that I feared were inhumane. But, as I have certainly learned from personal experience and time on this board (threads on medications, chain nosebands, poling, lunging/galloping, overshowing, etc), we all have very different ideas on what qualifies as "fair treatment" and what falls under the abuse category, so who knows?

Anyhoo, Heather, congrats on getting in! I would say that unless your hunter is pretty mellow and you are calm youself, and unless you have experience with him as an eq horse at top shows (where the courses and pressures are a little more likely to mirror those at Devon), I would say no to doing the eq as a warm up. The courses are usually pretty tough, to say nothing of the anxiety and pressure, so why risk having something go wrong and frazzling your horse and yourself and diminishing your confidence before the hunters? And also, it's not like most of the horses won't be a little spooky in the first class of the juniors anyway.

Whatever the case, good luck! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by rockstar on Apr. 21, 2002 at 11:52 PM.]

gteq
Apr. 22, 2002, 01:32 PM
I hate to ask a stupid question, but here goes anyway...I am showing at Devon in the A/O Jumpers - for dressing purposes, do I treat both days as 'classic days' (ie - white breeches/shirt) or is Friday a 'regular day' (tan breeches and fun shirt)? I'm so confused since the 'regular' classes are bigger money classes than some of the classics are at some shows. Thanks!!

Heather Dobbs
Apr. 22, 2002, 06:12 PM
thanx /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif yeah, i'm definitely not taking raja for the eq. i'll find something to ride, i just don't know what. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

CBoylen
Apr. 22, 2002, 06:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gteq:
I hate to ask a stupid question, but here goes anyway...I am showing at Devon in the A/O Jumpers - for dressing purposes, do I treat both days as 'classic days' (ie - white breeches/shirt) or is Friday a 'regular day' (tan breeches and fun shirt)? I'm so confused since the 'regular' classes are bigger money classes than some of the classics are at some shows. Thanks!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Friday is regular day. Wear regular britches and a nice jacket and shirt. There'll be fewer entries in the second class, very few people do all three classes. Only wear your whites for the classic on Saturday. Good luck /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif What's your horse's name so I can watch you?

gteq
Apr. 23, 2002, 09:12 AM
Thanks C.Boylen! I am so up-tight about all this, can you tell? lol. My horse's name is Free Fallin' - see 'ya in pennsylvania!

MKM
Apr. 23, 2002, 09:31 AM
Look for me and my horse "When Pigs Fly" /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Apr. 23, 2002, 09:38 AM
I'll be kicking some major @$$ in the Younger Large Jrs, with my awesome horse, "Dream On" /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

But Mucho Congrats to all of y'all!

*It's Your Life. Star in It.*
* http://community.webshots.com/user/texaseqstar *
Formerly *Every So Often*

RumoursFollow
Apr. 23, 2002, 10:16 PM
if you are who I think you are, I knew you.. a long long time ago! Not well- but we had a mutual friend! How awesome for you that you're going to Devon for the AOs!! Wow!

RumoursFollow

Texan By The Grace Of God
Apr. 24, 2002, 04:53 PM
randomtexashunter...were you at pin oak and spring gathering? if so i might have seen you...

****Wishes****

hifi
Apr. 24, 2002, 05:01 PM
I wished I had qualified, it sounds so fun. Do you need to qualify for the local stuff?

Member and co-founder Thread Killers Anonymous

Apr. 24, 2002, 05:03 PM
Lol, I was kidding about qualifying, Im strictly an AQHA person now /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Nope, I wasnt at Pin Oak. Poor little me, I've been home since Dec. (I mean, home, as in not shows...not, like...I havent left the house. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

*It's Your Life. Star in It.*
* http://community.webshots.com/user/texaseqstar *
Formerly *Every So Often*

[This message was edited by RandomTexasHunter on Apr. 24, 2002 at 07:34 PM.]

MKM
Apr. 25, 2002, 07:42 AM
I think some people may have taken us too seriously.

People, don't really look for me in the Open Jumpers, 'cause you'll be lookin' for a long time /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Court@HJ-OH
Apr. 25, 2002, 08:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Court@HJ-OH:
How do you get in the Eq there? Nothing special? Just enter?

**Courtney**
Momo ~Just My Luck~

_A woman only needs two animals in her life.. the horse of her dreams and a jackass to pay for it! _<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**Courtney**
Momo ~Just My Luck~

A woman only needs two animals in her life.. the horse of her dreams and a jackass to pay for it!

RumoursFollow
Apr. 25, 2002, 09:07 AM
is on first come, first serve. There is no qualificiation requirement- you just have to get your entry in early. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RumoursFollow

gteq
Apr. 25, 2002, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RumoursFollow:
if you are who I think you are, I knew you.. a long long time ago! Not well- but we had a mutual friend! How awesome for you that you're going to Devon for the AOs!! Wow!

RumoursFollow - you have totally piqued my curiosity! I feel terrible, but I can't figure out who you are? Do tell!

Hound Dog Diaries
Apr. 25, 2002, 01:38 PM
Locals are first come, first serve. Usually, it's first 120 come, first 120 serve /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Granted, they do split it, but that's still a lot of competition /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

- ESK -
Pictures! (http://community.webshots.com/user/dreaminblue616)

CAH
Apr. 25, 2002, 01:45 PM
The locals have to be stabled within a certain distance (last year I believe it was 50 miles?). They ran three split divisions and the competition was tough. Fences are usually 3'3.

buryinghill1
Apr. 25, 2002, 02:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pas Petit Detail:
Locals are first come, first serve. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no limit at Devon on how many local hunters may enter. If 200 entered on time, all would "get in."
The only limits on how many are in the "A" hunters and the jumpers.

Remember the phrase... "read the prize list." /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

lluluvponyz
Apr. 25, 2002, 06:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DS:
I'm so excited.. my guy is doing the young hunters us this yr!!!! ( hopefully 2nd show under saddle!)

Ok I'm outa here like a fat kid in dodge ball!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
omg i was gonna do that class this year-yea...he got sick and so we didnt send int he papers! GRRRRRR I WANTED TO SOOOO BAD AND I LOVETHIS HORSE TO DEATH NOT TO MENTION HE IS GORGEOUS!!!!! GRRRRR

Heather Dobbs
May. 19, 2002, 02:52 PM
well...it's only a few days away. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif my horses and i arrive wednesday...I AM SOOO EXCITED!!! lol, sorry /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif so, when is everyone getting there? haha, i have no idea what hotel i'm gonna be staying at...i think summerfield, but i'm not positive. so anyways, still no eq horse, if you can believe it /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif we're gonna hafta think of somethin quick...
anyways, hope to see you there! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JBO
May. 19, 2002, 05:16 PM
Good luck! You will be long gone I'm sure before we get there the next Wednesday for the a/o's! Have fun, and eat lots of junk food!!! (that's one of the best parts /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

tbhunter36
May. 19, 2002, 07:05 PM
anyone else doing the amateur handlers @ devon for hunter breeding besides me? im bringing a 2 year old non TB filly that Jimmy Lee is showing in her real class... last year she was 5th in her class so hopefully we can improve on that /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." -Thomas Jefferson

Heather Dobbs
May. 19, 2002, 07:30 PM
good luck guys!
JBO-who are you showing in the A/O's?

JBO
May. 20, 2002, 08:28 PM
Heather - My horsey's name is Eternity, and he is a big, rather fat, hopefully well-behaved dark bay!! Yours is Allegiance, right? Good luck and have fun! Hopefully it won't rain like last year /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Heather Dobbs
May. 20, 2002, 08:40 PM
awww, i can't stay to see the ammys go, but good luck! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif thnx, yeah, mine is allegiance /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif otherwise known as raja-binky-roo /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif lol, don't even mention rain! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

PaigeHortman
May. 20, 2002, 09:49 PM
i told u demo is available for the USET! lol

Kristine Kennedy
May. 21, 2002, 09:16 AM
Some of the bigger eq trainers also bring extra horses and are willing to lease them for the weekend if you are interested in that Heather /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
See you there

~Kristine

mizzwade
May. 21, 2002, 10:58 AM
Woody and I will be leaving vicariously through you!! Ride well!!

mizzwade

JBO
May. 21, 2002, 06:35 PM
Thanks Diane! Hopefully we will not do a repeat performance of one of our most beautiful fences ever, which you were lucky enough to witness in Ocala /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I must chant "I will not pick out of the corner, I will not pick......." /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

mizzwade
May. 21, 2002, 07:48 PM
I pulled the same stunt a few weeks ago at a show. I can pick to no distance to a single oxer like NO ONE ELSE!! Thank God Woody saved my A**....

Seriously, I wish you the very best of luck and eat lots of FUDGE for me!!

Hope to see you soon!

mizzwade

kris10rb
May. 21, 2002, 08:00 PM
JBO- I'll be there with a grey horsey named Rhythm & Blues. We'll have to say HI! Good Luck! I hope it will be lots of fun! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

mizzwade
May. 22, 2002, 07:36 AM
good luck to you as well - I'm sorry I didn't realize you were going!! Have fun!!

mizzwade

buryinghill1
May. 22, 2002, 08:08 AM
Route 30 is A MESS. Plan ahead. A MESS!!!!!!!!!!
If you can arrive in the middle of the night, that's the best. Get a friend to get your stall ready and ship in at midnight. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kris10rb
May. 22, 2002, 10:01 AM
Thanks Mizzwade!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Hopefully I won't have a heart attack from nervousness. Hehe!

mizzwade
May. 22, 2002, 11:38 AM
to "butt" in front of you at the ingate.. LOL
You'll do great - just BREATHE!!!

GOOD LUCK!!

mizzwade

Hound Dog Diaries
May. 22, 2002, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yd:
Route 30 is A MESS. Plan ahead. A MESS!!!!!!!!!!
If you can arrive in the middle of the night, that's the best. Get a friend to get your stall ready and ship in at midnight. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dude, can I ever vouch for that! Not a comfy ride for horsies or humans, go around if you can!!

- ESK -
http://community.webshots.com/user/dreaminblue616

JBO
May. 22, 2002, 03:08 PM
kris10rb - We'll have to meet! I'll be the other nervous one.................. I had a blast last year. I am dreading the drive up with the horses though! (I flew up and met them last time)

mizzwade - I'll be sure to eat plenty of fudge for the both of us........ PS - I bet I could challenge you in a picking contest!!

kris10rb
May. 22, 2002, 06:40 PM
Yay!! We will have tons of fun! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I've never even been up there before, not even to watch. I can't wait to eat lots of good food and go shopping. Haha! Good luck everyone!

Glimmerglass
May. 23, 2002, 10:18 AM
The Associated Press article on the Devon Horse Show ...
AP 05/23/02 Devon Tradition (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020523/ap_on_re_us/devon_horse_show_1)

AP picture John Brennan on 'Ivy' (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/020523/168/1l7i2.html)

buryinghill1
May. 23, 2002, 10:33 AM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

kd welden
May. 23, 2002, 11:17 AM
AS long as the amateur rider is not related to the trainer or paid by the farm in any way (secretary, groom, etc.) then it is perfectly legal to excersize a customer's horse. As it is, I believe Ivy is owned by Missy so that wouldn't make it a customer's horse...

I rode many horses for junior riders at our barn while I was an amateur and it was perfectly legal.

justamom
May. 23, 2002, 11:31 AM
Does anyone know how to access them? I have tried on both ryegate and the devon site and when I try to get to the qualifying list I end up at the results page... I tried the link listed earlier in this topic and that was the link to last year's qualifiers. I know that there must be a way to access this years; if last years qualifiers and results are both posted.

Help, Please!

[This message was edited by justamom on May. 24, 2002 at 07:35 AM.]

Sunday
May. 23, 2002, 12:25 PM
Isn't there a John Brennan that is a pro. Or are there two John's?

Molly99
May. 23, 2002, 06:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by justamom:
Does anyone know how to access them? I have tried on both ryegate and the devon site and when I try to get to the qualifying list I end up at the results page...

Help, Please!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They take down the qualifying lists to put up the results.

JBO
May. 23, 2002, 08:54 PM
kris10rb - Sounds good - food and shopping are two of my favorite pastimes! Last year was my first time there, and it was so much fun despite mucking throught the mud. We'll get there Wednesday, hopefully in time to see the horses from our group go in the pro divisions........

Good luck everyone!

thecowboyway
May. 24, 2002, 05:47 AM
Isn't that John Brennan, Missy's boyfriend???(not an amateur)

J. Turner
May. 24, 2002, 06:10 AM
The caption didn't say that John is an amateur. He is Missy's boyfriend. He is a professional.

"Nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- Shakespeare

"Oh please don't go -- we'll eat you up, we love you so."
-- Maurice Sendak

*** Member of the Rust Clique ***
*** Member of the Ebay Anonymous Clique ***
*** Member of the MKF (Michelle Kwan Forum)***

Heather Dobbs
May. 26, 2002, 07:08 AM
paige...i would have felt bad if i scared your horse /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
kristine-i saw parts of your trips, and you and your horse looked good. my mother and trainer didn't want to lease a horse just for devon, i don't know why, but that's just how it is. however, there is some good news for me about the whole eq horse thing...my dad came up to devon, and was annoyed that i didn't have a horse. so he's gonna buy me one himself if nobody can find me one. parents can be pretty cool, i guess /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AKDragooPhoto
May. 26, 2002, 12:41 PM
Heather -

Your horse jumped very nicely in the stake, at least the fences I was shooting. Congrats.

Amy

Heather Dobbs
May. 26, 2002, 05:11 PM
thank you! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif that was his best class /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

wtywmn4
May. 26, 2002, 05:20 PM
Justamom, those lists were up previously at http://www.ryegate.com Don't think they are still available from what I've seen.

MKM
May. 26, 2002, 09:18 PM
just out of curiousity, are you related to Lou Dobbs? I am a dork and watch moneyline sometimes.

Anyways, how's Devon going?

Heather Dobbs
May. 27, 2002, 07:50 AM
yeah...i'm his daughter /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Kristine Kennedy
May. 27, 2002, 09:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heather Dobbs:
paige...i would have felt bad if i scared your horse /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
kristine-i saw parts of your trips, and you and your horse looked good. my mother and trainer didn't want to lease a horse just for devon, i don't know why, but that's just how it is. however, there is some good news for me about the whole eq horse thing...my dad came up to devon, and was annoyed that i didn't have a horse. so he's gonna buy me one himself if nobody can find me one. parents can be pretty cool, i guess /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Aww thanks so much! I was so happy with how my horse went. He did everything I asked of him and the stop was definately my fault. I made a lot of dumb mistakes and can I say showing with a sinus infection isn't so much fun? lol oh well, Catskills went much better and my horse is happily having the next week off /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~Kristine

Heather Dobbs
May. 27, 2002, 01:34 PM
aww, i didn't see your stop! at least you won at hits, then. are you gonna be there this week?

Kristine Kennedy
May. 27, 2002, 02:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heather Dobbs:
aww, i didn't see your stop! at least you won at hits, then. are you gonna be there this week?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the first line of the uset was either a pretty forward five or a quiet 6 to a bending 7 or 8. Most people did the 6 to the 8 but my horse has such a huge stride we did the 5 to the 7. After the five I let his right shoulder drop out, the 7 got long and I didn't back him up with leg. Oh well though, what can you do...I couldn't have asked for him to be any better and that's what really matters. He went right in and marched around his first time in there. Um I'm not sure if I am going to catskills this weekend. Probably not cause the farrier and chiropractor are coming for Matt and I think he wants this week off /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~Kristine

Heather Dobbs
May. 27, 2002, 03:58 PM
well, good job anyway /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif i'm hopin the pha fills for me this week...god, i'm just hoping to have an eq horse! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif