PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Princess necesities?

spaz
Nov. 22, 2001, 03:47 PM
What are the items that every hunter princess must have to be considered a hunter princess?

This whole Thanksgiving-thing really slows down the board. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

http://jrsclique.proboards.com/index.cgi
Junior Clique!

*What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?*

spaz
Nov. 22, 2001, 03:47 PM
What are the items that every hunter princess must have to be considered a hunter princess?

This whole Thanksgiving-thing really slows down the board. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Junior Clique!

daytimedrama
Nov. 22, 2001, 03:52 PM
well custom Vogels of course /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~Christina~
"I don't patronize bunny rabbits!" -Heathers
*Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.*

Jo
Nov. 22, 2001, 03:53 PM
Custom chaps complete with a back belt that says PRINCESS of course!

Oh, wait, that's just my everyday persona.

Smiles
Nov. 22, 2001, 04:15 PM
A brand new Butet with a new beval pad. A new hadfield bridel freshley oiled. Oh yah a 75K or above priced horse with several grooms following behind! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

So Intent
Nov. 22, 2001, 04:21 PM
You mean a couple 75K priced horses, right? What hunter princess is limited to only one horse? And don't forget the custom made trunk (one per horse), the five grand prix coats in all of the seasons hottest colors. Oh, and those grooms leading the horses? They all need to be wearing barn colors.

spaz
Nov. 22, 2001, 04:27 PM
Of course simplyirrisistible, one needs a large hunter, a small hunter, a few ponies...

Junior Clique!

Jo
Nov. 22, 2001, 04:34 PM
Now now SimplyIrr, let's not talk about Nickelodian when she's not here to defend herself. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

All in good fun... besides, she doesn't have a groom, 'cept when she makes the barn mates tag along. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MsRidiculous
Nov. 22, 2001, 04:40 PM
Excuse me while I puke. Man I've got my work cut out for me with you guys! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-Amanda

Smiles
Nov. 22, 2001, 04:46 PM
SimplyR yes only a princess would have one. Now a Queen, she would have many!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Fiction
Nov. 22, 2001, 04:52 PM
Heehee I'm an almost hunter princess!
I come dangerously close /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

-----

~Princess~

JumpItHighPie
Nov. 22, 2001, 06:35 PM
HAHA ~ comparing myself to these standards I am like a groom of a groom of a far off distant friend of a hunter princess /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Do not forget the ever so popular animal print cell phone!

*Jenno*
"The man who makes no mistakes lacks boldness and the spirit of adventure. He is the one who never tries anything. His is the brake on the wheel of progress. And yet it cannot be truly said he makes no mistakes, because his biggest mistake is the very fact that he tries nothing, does nothing, except criticize those who do things." David S.
http://hometown.aol.com/pithegr8t

Nickelodian
Nov. 22, 2001, 07:17 PM
Now Now I have been working on my hunter princessdom for years and years.

The things I have.....(spaz has convinced me to post the list)

Two GP coats
Seven show shirts
Three Pairs of TS
Custom Tack Trunk w/custom cover
Multiple square pads w/monograms
Custom Bridle, Garmet and boot bags
Butet
Edgewood Bridle, Martingale and girth
Copy of a beval pad (will get a real one if my next horse needs one)
ummmm I think thats it.......

The things that I need.....
One 75k horse (really any kind will do, large or small I'm easy--Sierra only cost $1000 ya know)
Custom Vogels (those are on the list for a late Christmas Present to myself)
Groom (I really need to get me a groom wouldn't that be nice???--Or wait is that what Stephen is for?)
Trainer to Ride my 75k horse M-Th so he's perfect for the A/Os on Fr-S.
A JRT and a Corgi (One of Each)
A mercedes SUV

Hmmmmm I'm so close but yet so far, it seems to me that I've got everything w/in economic reach for now. Maybe I've got to work on winning that lottery.
/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Month SIX, Month SIX guess what that means????????? We're over halfway there......

Jo
Nov. 22, 2001, 09:39 PM
If you get a new Beval pad, I claim the one you have now. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Heck, I'll trade for a nice Iron Cactus gift certificate. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

hifi
Nov. 22, 2001, 10:33 PM
I have
5 GP coats in new colors
6 pair TS
Dehner customs, almost vogel
20 show shirts, 10 of which are new colors
Deavoucoux saddle with gitrh and leathers
Edgewood bridle, waiting on the martingale
Beval pad, the real thin
Custom tack box with custom cover
multi embroidered square pads for schooling
All monigramed collars
and breeched (by pocket)
HS irons

Need....
75K horse
aluminium trailer
Vogels
I am truely thankful I can afford this nice stuff!

If you can't beat 'em, try harder. And God Bless America my home sweet home!

Ruffian
Nov. 23, 2001, 04:29 AM
Don't forget the mutiple monogramed show sheets and coolers (and yes, they must match your show outfit). /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MsRidiculous
Nov. 23, 2001, 05:13 AM
I'm feeling quesy

-Amanda

Applesauce
Nov. 23, 2001, 06:24 AM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm already puking. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

~Courtney~

Hardly there
Nov. 23, 2001, 06:42 AM
What in the heck is a Beval pad ?

http://www.ascensionfarms.homestead.com/webstarter.html

Baileybff
Nov. 23, 2001, 06:43 AM
I'm kinda doing a bit of both at the moment. The only thing I am totally thankful for is the fact that none of these things "makes you a great rider". No offense to those of you that have it, I'm totally jealous! It's just that-why are so many of us talented horse people poor? I have way too many answers to that question... /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
I wish all the hunter princess's out there the best of luck...You must need a hellofa' lot to make it to the QUEEN title. Actually, I know a few queens...lol...and if all of them act the way these people do....Then I don't wanna be one! I'll stick with what I've got, Thank ya very much! (Or so they say IGNORANCE is BLISS, lol) If I've never had it, I don't know what I am missing! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Natalie

You're only as good as the judge thinks you are...

BrookeL
Nov. 23, 2001, 06:48 AM
the bevals pad is a wither pad made of wool & sheepskin that's supposed to help high withered horses. http://www.beval.com/isroot/beval/SiteImages/Products/2069005_200w.gif
they're $140 each

findeight
Nov. 23, 2001, 07:02 AM
Well too old for a princess and no queen that's for sure but I do have.
3 GP coats
Vogels-7 years old, need new soles
3 pairs TS, 2 with knee patches peeling off
7 Essex shirts, no monograms
1 custom tack trunk, 6years old
1 Butet
1 Beval pad
A bunch of square monogrammed pads
all but one were show prizes.
Nice tack bought new now quite used
Drive an SUV-a Ford that is paid for

I Wish I had

JRTs instead of Siamese cats
cats would look silly at the shows in
those little blankets
Status SUV-Range Rover
Horse I could SELL for $75k
get another horse and a Range Rover for
that

Being an adult you can buy the stuff you want but then you know what it costs and that is no fun at all /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

From Allergy Valley USA

CharleyHorse
Nov. 23, 2001, 08:06 AM
my friend has...

TC saddle
blue helmet
2 ponies, 1 horse (but that doesnt make her a princess since she brought them out from starving status)
black leather chaps w/ leapord trim
monogrammed sheets, blankets
she works for my trainer, so she gets to ride 40K plus horses all the time and show them
custom boots with zippers (dont remember the name)
silverr acura
1 pitbull, 2 mixed, look like horseshow dogs tho
custom wood tack trunk w/ gold plate w/ her name
leather halters 4 all w/ her name
bridles 4 all w/ her name

i dont know, u guys think shes one?

*~*!*~*pRiNcEsSiNaBuBbLe*~*!*~*

spaz
Nov. 23, 2001, 08:14 AM
Nickelodian, didn't I tell you to buy that puppy at the Christmas show last year? See, I was only in it to help your status! (And so that I could have a cute puppy to play with on the way home and at the barn /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

Junior Clique!

hifi
Nov. 23, 2001, 10:35 AM
Oh, it's all in fun. It's fun to have nice stuff. I remember when buying a square schooling pad was a financial hardship. I still don't have what the real princesses have and never will.

~SC~
Nov. 23, 2001, 12:27 PM
I was tempted to post my list of stuff, but I'm afraid I'll get flamed! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I definitely fit the Hunter Princess stereotype, down to the last monogrammed baby pad, choker, scrim..... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~Sarah

fleur
Nov. 23, 2001, 12:33 PM
I have:
Used custom boots (dunno brand)
Somerset paddocks
2 pairs of cheap-o breeches
1 show shirt
Collegiate Graduate
2 square pads (monogrammed!)
1 leather halter
1 grooming set
no horse!

I need all that other stuff /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

*EMMA*
http://emmapony.diaryland.com

Nickelodian
Nov. 23, 2001, 04:58 PM
Hey spaz, JO and I are planning on one or two trips down to san. again this year. The show is this coming weekend and next weekend. Maybe we could find a puppy then......

/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Month SIX, Month SIX guess what that means????????? We're over halfway there......

Jo
Nov. 23, 2001, 05:13 PM
Puppy, puppy, puppy!

You know you want one, NIck. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

rainman15
Nov. 23, 2001, 05:50 PM
ok i have.....
a butet
the girth to match the butet
a bridle and martingale from bevals
a tack trunk,not custom its the show circut trunk from bevals too,lol
and its custom cover
dont have the beval pad cuz i really dont need it
3 jackets(only 2 are gp the other 1 is someother brand but who can tell)
9 shirts all basically new colors-all monogramed
3 pairs of ts
semi-custom boots from bevals(im ordering vogels soon tho)
a bunch of square pads but no monograms
a horse that could be 75k we bought him for a lot less but hes amazing!!
i dont have....
a jrt or any dog that could possbly come to a horse show cuz she'd run away,hahaha
an suv and trailer but i cant drive,my mom has a suburban and is toying w/the idea of getting a trailer so it mite happen

wow,i am really really colse to being a princess,thats kinda scary, hahahaha
~*ana*~

ErinB
Nov. 23, 2001, 07:35 PM
A real hunter princess has a jumper fiance!

~Erin
"This ain't no rag, it's a flag, and we don't wear it on our heads!"

Bored*
Nov. 23, 2001, 07:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ~Southern Comfort~:

I was tempted to post my list of stuff, but I'm afraid I'll get flamed! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I definitely fit the Hunter Princess stereotype, down to the last monogrammed baby pad, choker, scrim..... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~Sarah<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sarah, you know you can go ahead and post your list of stuff, nobody will care. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>20 Essex shirts, 10 of which are new colors <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> And SIX pairs of TS's? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Here's what I have: (drumroll, please
/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )
a whopping TWO Essex shirts, not monogrammed
a cheap white shirt, not monogrammed
one pair of Millers breeches
one pair of Dublin breeches
one Elite hunt coat
Devon Aire tall boots
Blue Ribbon saddle
Wait! I do have a pair of TS white breeches! So there! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Here's what Danny has:
Beval figure eight
Hand-me-down Edgewood bridle with chewed up laced reins (not that I'm complaining! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) and white rubber reins AND running AND standing martingale
some sort of really nice leg booties (front and back)
hand-me-down torn up sheet
new blanket that (surprisingly) he hasn't managed to tear up yet
and of course, me as his owner and rider! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I'm a jumper rider, hence the white pants, leg booties, figure eight, etc.

~Rachel~

Cause kids with a z are cool with a k!

[This message was edited by ICKYtation on Nov. 23, 2001 at 11:04 PM.]

[This message was edited by ICKYtation on Nov. 23, 2001 at 11:05 PM.]

E
Nov. 23, 2001, 07:55 PM
well and Eq but this is getting sad...it's all Duffy's fault yes yes it is!
3 Grand Prix coats
1 Van Teal coat
7 shirts (Van Teal and Essex)
3 pair reg TS
1 pair white TS
Edgewood Bridle, Martingale to match with Rubber and laced reins
Jimmy's Running Martingale
Beval Pad
3 or 4 monogramed saddle pads
Beval trunk
custom cover for above mentioned trunk

Now I wish I had...
a 75k or above horse (nah mine is below that not by much but he is)
Butet...I have a Parani instead
Custom talls, but what's the point I'm only 14
Grooms, many many grooms

R&R
"Dmklinger: LOL - sorry - wouldn't know a backstreet boy if one came up and bit me!!"
Now if that isn't a classic!

Gucci Cowgirl
Nov. 23, 2001, 07:57 PM
Guys this is kinda sad for me but.....

(Oh, I'm not a HJ, sorry-DRESSAGE RULES!!YA BABY!WOO HOO! ahem, sorry teretts)

3 'Roma Air Flo's, all white
3 pr polo wraps, 2 of them white, 1 green
1 HUGE (92x98)cooler
1 quarter sheet
1 pr On course boots(sniff sniff)
complete grooming kit
Marigold's Fly spray
complete braiding kit
3 pr breeches, 2 of them fullseats
2 whips
1 lungeline
1 pr Stuuben Spurs

I know this does not sound like alot, but I have never had a horse, am not planning on owning my own in the near futre, and have only been riding 1.5 years!!LOL!

"You hide my underwear, so I'm going to do the exact opposite to you....What, are you gonna SHOW me my clothes?"

Lord Helpus
Nov. 23, 2001, 08:12 PM
No true hunter princess has a trailer --- her trainer ships her horses to the shows with the rest of the barn. She only ever sees the horses when she flies in to the show on the weekends.

And a really true hunter princess has at least 2 eq. horses -- one for practice and the lesser eq. classes (eq. over fences and on the flat) and the good eq. horse for the important medals -- this one is often leased and has ususally won at least one final with another rider in years past.

She also would have NO IDEA how many Beval pads she owns. Her trainer just buys them as needed and puts them on her bill.....

But she does have a cell phone attached to her belt at all times and a two way so she can contact her trainer and the barn to tell them which horse she wants brought up to the ring next.

daytimedrama
Nov. 23, 2001, 08:16 PM
A golf Cart. Every hunter princess needs one, but I'm not sure if a princess is allowed to drive it, or maybe only she is allowed to drive it!?

~Christina~
"I don't patronize bunny rabbits!" -Heathers
*Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.*

spaz
Nov. 23, 2001, 08:17 PM
Uhhmm (yes, that is my best effort at a "clearing throat" noise)...can I tag along again? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Junior Clique!

[This message was edited by spaz00 on Nov. 23, 2001 at 11:26 PM.]

Fiction
Nov. 23, 2001, 08:29 PM
I may have the items, but not the mentality

-1 eq horse & 1 hunter
-Antares saddle
-several leather girths
-New Caanan bridle & breastplate
-a couple older bridles lent to me
-Bevals pony bridle on the pony I don't own anymore
-Bevals eq boots
-several show pads & monogrammed baby pads
-3 pairs of TS
-6 show shirts- all monogrammed
-2 GP coats
-Vogels
-Journeyman semi custom chaps- never wear them
-Tredsteps black half chaps- love them
-International unnaproved- half dead
-Royale- dont wear it
-ATH- love it

-----

This is not a true story

-----

[This message was edited by Fiction on Nov. 08, 2002 at 12:18 AM.]

Nickelodian
Nov. 23, 2001, 08:52 PM
What is with the non monogrammed collars?? If you're going to spend 80-120 on the shirt, why not go the extra distance and buy a 7.00 monogram??

I am afriad that I have reached the maximum amount of stuff that is attainable by me at this point in my life. So the private jet to fly me to my 300,000 A/O horse will just have to wait. Ho Hum.

I luuuuuv it when spaz tags....

Jo
Nov. 23, 2001, 08:55 PM
If Spaz tags, then you don't need me.

Sniffle.

I want to feel needed. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I've felt so left out lately.

RumoursFollow
Nov. 23, 2001, 09:12 PM
Until August I had:

-Grooms who tacked and untacked my horse for me /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
-I was not aware of my saddle pad status as I used whatever the barn provided... although I have a ton of monogrammed ones
-a butet
-edgewood bridle & standing
-5 GP coats (including the shadbelly)
-a million shirts that I've collected over time
-my trainer took my horse to the shows /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I did have a very inexpensive horse though... found him in a backyard and turned him into somethin special! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Now that I'm in SC, I still have nice tack, but I DEFINETLY have no groom. Actually, I pretty much AM the groom! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

------------------------------
Yeehaw- Formerly RF
COTH BB Resident Cowgirl
"She's gone country.. look at them boots, shes gone country.. back to her roots, shes gone country, a new kind of suit.. SHES GONE COUNTRY!! HERE SHE COMES!!! :P

Nickelodian
Nov. 23, 2001, 09:25 PM
A little JO is a necessity. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

spaz
Nov. 23, 2001, 09:41 PM
Yay!

I know, I just add life to the party, don't I? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Junior Clique!

Claiborne
Nov. 24, 2001, 12:27 PM
i am most deffinantly a hunter princess!! no question about it!! I even come fully dressed in the newest designer clothes all the way from paris with my kate spade bag over my shoulder and my gucci sun glasses on my head...i have u all beat lol!! (evil laughs)

~**Sarah**~
so I had to react Like I was playin' hard to get and told that boy to step back But when I looked deep in his eyes, all I could see was his soul I'm bout to make this guy my man, that I can tell you, fa 'sho

Bored*
Nov. 24, 2001, 12:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I need a golfcart, personal groom, and a jr hunter - it doesn't have to be 75k for me to be a princess - just nice enough to win /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, a junior hunter kind of HAS to be (worth) 75k to be nice enough to win. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

~Rachel~

OnceAThief
Nov. 24, 2001, 01:14 PM
'Cause I just don't know if I'm a princess or not! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I promise I'm not so bad - I get most of my stuff used or buy the best just so I don't have to keep replacing it. I have:

- 6 or 7 show shirts. A few really nice ones, some really cheesy ones, my favorite EA one. Most of them are blue, for some odd reason.. one is a nasty kelly/neon green. One day I will have a shirt collection as nice as BaileyBFF's.. one day.

- 3 hunt coats. 2 are GP, but the one I wear is Equine Athletics.. wait, no, I sold a GP coat. I only have 2 now.

- 1 pair of TS, 1 pair of Arait tall boots. I used to have 2 pairs of Araits, but I sold one. I have 5 or 6 pairs of other riding pants, in varying states of cool-ness.

- An Edgewood grackle bridle.. that I've never used. I also have a Dover Saratoga and a Jaguar bridle, but my favorite is my cheapie Bobby's (which my horse managed to totally outgrow in one week.. )

- Both geldlings have custom Triple Crown blankets and sheets.. they were just custom made for someone else! I have custom coolers, though, and am (hopefully) getting a scrim with my horse's name on it for Christmas.

- Tons of saddle pads. I have 6 or 7 square pads with monograms; some I've won, one has my initals in a diamond, and two have my horses' names on them. I never use any of them. I also have a custom TC square pad, and a custom Canterbury underpad that never get used. I just use one of my large collection of fitted pads, usually.

- My horses might make me a little princess-y. My prospect is awesome, and hopefully he'll turn out to be as nice as he's looking. My show horse was expensive (but not *expensive* by most horse people's standards) and he was worth it - he's probably worth a lot more than I paid for him.

- I don't have a trailer.. yet. I do have a trainer willing to drive me 600 miles into the Pit of Hell with my youngster, so I'm not really inspired to go buy a rig.

I'm not sooo bad, right? I mean, I don't *mean* to have 2 nice show trunks, or any of the rest of my collection of stuff - somehow, it just happened that way /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif My stepmom actually calls me, "The Princess," in a nice way.. I call her "Wicked." I just find things for a really good price (like the Edgewood) and think, "oh, I totally need that" and then.. it sits.. and sits. Seems I just always use my cheapie tack and my grungy old chaps.. I'm boring! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

And, to make Bennet&Bailey happy /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I have a Bourbor coat, but it's not the spiffy kind. It's the moleskin kind - I really want the other for my birthday, maybe.

[This message was edited by Delighted on Nov. 24, 2001 at 06:28 PM.]

[This message was edited by Delighted on Nov. 24, 2001 at 07:29 PM.]

Halo Effect
Nov. 24, 2001, 01:53 PM
You need either or both a North Face and a Barbour(and if you are really a princess you have fleeces to go inside both of them!)!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

~*$*~CATHERINE~*$*~
"Love is when your horsey cuddles with you even after you left him alone all day."
WE LOVE JOHN BARKER!
A TURDUCKEN?!?!?!?!?!

JumpTheMoon
Nov. 24, 2001, 01:56 PM
What the heck ARE North Face's and Barbours?? Or am I a complete moron?

~I am an angel on a field trip from heaven /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif~

Rosey
Nov. 24, 2001, 02:24 PM
This is sick! I ride both dressage and hunters /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif and I fit the whole dressage queen/hunter princess thing!

Hunter/dressage
4 horses (imports)
Nylon stable sheet (monogramed) x4
Wool Dress sheet (monogramed) x4
Fleece Dress Sheet (monogramed) x4
Fleece & anti-sweat sheet (monogramed) x4
Eskadron Bell Boots x4
Norfields Magnetic blanket x4
Lende Shipping boots x4
Rambo Fly Buster (monogramed) x4
Anti-Sweat Sheet (monogramed) x4
Ear nets x 12
BMB Pan Am Blankets and Hoods (monogramed) x4
Weatherbeeta TAKA combo x4
Weatherbeeta heavy weight x4
Leather halters withname plates x4
Fleece shipping halters x4
Bates Isabell Dressage saddle x2
(misc. dressage saddle fittings x2)
HS fillis Irons x4
Gold Aztec browband x1
"Diamond" browband x1
Passier bridles x4 (2 snaffle &2 double)
HS bits x10
Excel H Saddle x2
Excel bridle and fittings x2
Lancer's All Purpose boots x4
Laner;s Open front x2
Ankle Boots x2
Too many saddle pads to count, all monogramed except my show pads.

haha, now my stuff!
Mountain Horse breeches x3
Pikeur Winner breechesx4
TS x8
Pikeur Passage breeches x4
Ariat Field boots (Crowne) x2
Blundstone 500 paddock boots x1
Dansko Clogs x1
HS spurs and straps x2
Misc. Helmets (International and Troxel) x4
Top Hat x1
Boot Boxes x4
Hat Boxes x1
Pikeur Shadbelly x2
Pikeur Diana x2
Van Teal Shirts x10
GP Coat x6
Gloves x6
Misc. Mountain Horse winter wear
Northface Jacket and gloves
All Leather breeches x6
Konigs Model K4000 boots x1
Konigs Model K8000 boots x1

6 horse featherlite w/dressing room (custom painted and fitted with camera system)
'00 Ford Truck (custom painted)
SUV
1970 E-type Jaguar convertable (candy apple red w/ black top...mint condition)
1933 Rolls Royce Phantom II
1 groom
Very large black Mastiff that spends the show sleeping in the tack room with many chew toys and a portable run attached to the door.

Do I fit??
Rosey /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
-Socrates

Rosey
Nov. 24, 2001, 02:24 PM
Jackets:)

-Socrates

spaz
Nov. 24, 2001, 02:37 PM
OK Rosey, you win /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Junior Clique!

JumpTheMoon
Nov. 24, 2001, 02:46 PM
Ohhhhh Ok gotcha! Duh, i'm an idiot!

OMG Rosey you beat everyone put together! Do you need me to take one of those imports off of your hands?? Please? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~I am an angel on a field trip from heaven /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif~

hifi
Nov. 24, 2001, 02:51 PM
my fuzzy open front jumping boots with ankles to match, Bevals of course
I drive a Mustang
All I need is the golf cart, custom chaps and the horse

horse!

E
Nov. 24, 2001, 02:56 PM
not that I beat Rosey!! Aight lets get on with the jumper rider with enough crap to be a hunter princess...
-my horse is an import (Belgium)
-I HAVE A GOLF CART! And I'm putting the bumper sticker "Doesn't play well with others" on the front of it. Is it safe to say I'm the only one here with an Ez-Go Workhorse golf cart, gas powered, picture a Mini-Hummer and that's my g-cart
- Motorola V Series cell phone in light blue
- Yellow Motorola Talk About Walkie Talkie (and yes I wear these two items at the same time)
- and of COURSE my North Face fleece in the new Burgandy/Pink color
/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif and OMG I RIDE JUMPERS!!

R&R
"Dmklinger: LOL - sorry - wouldn't know a backstreet boy if one came up and bit me!!"

SnoSkiBunny
Nov. 24, 2001, 03:22 PM
My god, I fit like the hunter princess to a "T"!! I never even thought I was like a hunter princess!
Ok here goes-
Beval pad for my horse
about 20 monogrammed baby pads!
matching baker blanket and sheet(monogrammed of course!)
9 essex and van teal shirts
2 grand prix hunt coats and one shadbelly
Konig boots
the 75k childrens/junior hunter
a 4 wheeler
and the North Face ski jacket

LoL, this is too scary to think about!! I hate to think of myself as a spoiled hunter princess!
Kristin

hifi
Nov. 24, 2001, 03:31 PM
We are not spoiled, just privileged

KellyS
Nov. 24, 2001, 04:23 PM
Sorry guys, but I find this thread disgusting and tacky (no pun intended).

I think that listing "hunter princess" items could done in a fun and light hearted manner (which some posters have done), but some of these posts are a little much. Its great if you have all that stuff, but bragging about it on a public forum just enforces the typical hunter stereotype.

I'm zipping up my flame suit...sorry for raining on your parade.

Rosey
Nov. 24, 2001, 04:48 PM
I am sorry if I offended you, or anyone else. I hope your comment wasn't directed at me, but if it was I am truly sorry. I was just shocked after reading all of the items listed how much I actually fit the description!
Rosey

-Socrates

Fudgy
Nov. 24, 2001, 05:15 PM
WOW guys.. well a princess could be different, i mean look at it the other way,
Sweet innocent bedautiful child,
That takes care of her own horse,
and of course all the other stuff to,!!
Whit

Evelyne
Nov. 24, 2001, 05:48 PM
Touch�, Fudgy!
At first I found this amusing. Now I just feel ill. I'm "poor" for the horse world, but I ride the wind and it has no price. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Watch out princesses, I'm riding without stirrups 6 times a week, training greenies, mucking stalls & doing all of my horsey homework. Better start training because I'm coming your way...if I can afford the entry fees! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

"You're only young once, but you can remain immature indefinitely."

E
Nov. 24, 2001, 06:08 PM
I went into withdrawl after I reconized how much STUFF my parents have let me have...I can't believe it I just went and thanked them for everything they have EVER done for me, you want to talk about a surprised look LOL

R&R

J. Turner
Nov. 24, 2001, 06:27 PM
Since you princesses have so many coats and TS and shirts, would any of you like to sell (note: did not write "donate") something that's out of fashion? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jess
Nov. 24, 2001, 06:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R&R:

I went into withdrawl after I reconized how much STUFF my parents have let me have...I can't believe it I just went and thanked them for everything they have EVER done for me, you want to talk about a surprised look LOL
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha whenever I am really sweet to my dad he asks what I want since its rare when I am nice to him - he has to assume i want something. My mom I always thank.

J. Turner
Nov. 24, 2001, 06:40 PM
Horsie
-- square-raised bridle that is gorgeous that I got for wicked cheap at the King of Prussia trade show
-- Butet
-- girth (nice, not matching)
-- three sets polos -- hunter, burgandy, black
-- about six square and baby pads
-- a small collection of bits, but no Kangaroo, Myler or Jay Shuttleworth
-- a Dover show halter with nameplate
-- Rambo heavyweight
-- Triple Crown turnout with fleece lining
-- Wilsun sheet
-- Wilsun "Baker" Blanket with custom green trim
-- Wilker quilted standing wraps (14" front, 16" back) and hunter outers
-- 1 cheap breastplate w/ standing martingale attachment

LOST: one Wilkers quilted show pad, one set draw reins w/ laced holding part, a few pairs of GP black leather gloves, one pair 32" TS,

Yeah, I know, I'm lame.

Me
-- CO approved
-- old Circuit non-approved
-- even older faded, ripped super bad hunt cap
-- two pair TS -- one 28" (doesn't fit) -- one 32" with shrunken calves
-- one 100% wool Triumph -- dark hunter green (an even nicer color than the GP
-- two Essex shirts
-- 1 pair Vogel
-- 1 pair 500 Blunnies
-- 1 pair non-name brand half chaps (sold my custom chaps after pregnancy, thinking I'd never fit in them again)

LOST: one Wilkers quilted show pad, one set draw reins w/ laced holding part, a few pairs of GP black leather gloves, one pair 32" TS, lots of brushes

Horseless, groomless, trailerless, golf cart-less, truck-less, Rolex-less

BUT, I can act like a princess!

SquishTheBunny
Nov. 24, 2001, 06:44 PM
- 2 wonderful horsies that I pay for myself.

Thats enough...I consider myself a princess /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DMK
Nov. 24, 2001, 08:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lord Helpus:
But she does have a cell phone attached to her belt at all times and a two way so she can contact her trainer and the barn to tell them which horse she wants brought up to the ring next.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought for a moment I might qualify until I realized that the reason I have the 2 way on my belt is to let the trainer know that the poor little self care peon is still sitting at the ring waiting to be schooled! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JumpItHighPie
Nov. 24, 2001, 09:11 PM
"- 2 wonderful horsies that I pay for myself. Thats enough...I consider myself a princess "

AMEN TO THAT, RED! I'm with you on the whole paying- for- your- own -horse thing. (Paying for own horse and that spoiled horses clothing!)

Like someone else wrote- thank God material objects are only that, objects!- and not items that make people better riders! <wooh>

*Jenno*
"The man who makes no mistakes lacks boldness and the spirit of adventure. He is the one who never tries anything. His is the brake on the wheel of progress. And yet it cannot be truly said he makes no mistakes, because his biggest mistake is the very fact that he tries nothing, does nothing, except criticize those who do things." David S.
http://hometown.aol.com/pithegr8t

SnoSkiBunny
Nov. 24, 2001, 09:58 PM
I just dont sit around and have other take care of me and my horse and my stuff. My family cant afford to have me show every weekend or even everyother weekend, so I work for my trainer at all the "B" circuit shows so I can ride in the A ones. I know I'm spoiled, but I work hard for what I am able to do.
Kristin

SBT
Nov. 25, 2001, 11:53 AM
...do I fit the definition of an ANTI-princess?

~Collegiate CC...the economy one, not even the Graduate

~2 no-name bridles...one of them a "$20 Special"

~Used girth, English made, doesn't really match saddle

~2 quilted pads, 2 shaped

~All the pads needed to make my saddle fit any horse: thick pommel pad, thin pommel pad, riser pad, gel pad

~One DevonAire coat that is too big

~5 pair misc. breeches: Devon Aire, Miller's, Dublin, ???

~Off-the-rack field boots

~USED no-name martingale

~Olympian helmet

~Somerset hunt cap

~Miller's gloves

~Miller's "Silhouette" show shirt, with iron-on monogram

~Hand-me-down spurs

~wood tack trunk which used to be a toy chest, has fallen apart several times and been fixed by my dad several times, and which bears my mare's name in boat letters across the top!

Now, the few nice things I have:
My gel pad is an UltraSoft Blue Gel, orthopedic grade.

My stirrup leathers are the Prestige lined, with the flat metal part by the buckle to eliminate bulk...also do not match my saddle. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

2 pair Professional's Choice SMB's...cheap now, but I got them when they first came out and were "all the rage." /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

1 pair Pytchley show gloves

2 pair Ariat paddocks (Heritage & Hampton), and matching half-chaps

I think all this makes me the friend of a brother of a groom of a hunter princess! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

bucksnort
Nov. 25, 2001, 12:18 PM
Well ONE of the many reasons (there are actually quite a few;)) that I wouldn't want to be a hunter princess is that I absolutley LOVE trailering my horses to shows! I feel so independant pulling up at a show all by myself, backing into that tiny space with no help, unloading all by myself, and looking at the faces of all the shocked fathers and trainers that have just watched me!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Besides, like I'm really going to trust other people to drive my babies!!

I also really appreciate the value of a dollar. Thanks to my Mom, who was born in South Africa and was very poor growing up. She has always made sure that I worked for at least half my horses expenses (since 14yrs old), she has always bought horses that were nice, but the most expensive was $7,500 CND. She has the money now to buy me a dozen $75,000 horses, but hell would have to freeze over before she even bought me one half that price. She has taught me that money and material things are really highly over-rated.

***~~~Bucksnort~~~***
"The happiest people don't necessarily have everything; they just make the most of everything that comes their way"

Halo Effect
Nov. 25, 2001, 12:45 PM
*I have this stuff!!:
~an awesome jumper baby! (eliminating me from the title!)
~Crosby Prix de Nations
~My leather Walsh Halter & haha and leather lead
~Millers Shipping Wraps- Kelly Green outters
~Polos: green and I did have Navy too!!
~the black no slip pad
~three GP coats
~6-7 shirts (but I only will wear 4 of em the others are ummmmm.... old! haha a faux pas if you will!)
~2 pairs of TS'
~my special Elite tall boots (which I grew out of within the year! So now my mom and I share tall boots!)
~An International Circuit
~two fleecy girths
~three reg miller pads
~my blue north face (HAHAHA) & fleece to go inside!( haha we are working daddy for another one!)
~my custom chaps, that are TINY!!
~my hilarious Dublin Bridle & twisted wire bit that was my ponies!!( HAHAHA gotta control those evil things!)
~Spurs!
hmmmmmmmm I think that's it
What I need:
~some more shirts
~new chaps
~new boots
~new bridle
~new APPROVED helment
~new jacket!
~haha and a ton of other stuff haha and maybe nice hunter! LOL Bailey doen't do hunters very well (GSO october show!! LOL!)

Hahhahaa yea so I know I'm not a princess, but I'm lucky for what I've got!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif My dad would shoot me If I told him I needed more stuff!!

~*$*~CATHERINE~*$*~
"Love is when your horsey cuddles with you even after you left him alone all day."
WE LOVE JOHN BARKER!
A TURDUCKEN?!?!?!?!?!

Fiction
Nov. 25, 2001, 01:51 PM
I must say, that as much as I LOVE being a little princess, handing my horse to someone while my trainer & I go watch the course for the 2nd round of the classic, I really love my catchriding position better. I am fortunate enough to be trusted on any animal in the barn, and love it. When we get a pony & no one knows if it's sane, the normal response is "Oh throw Krista on it, she'll figure it out" and I love it. I got to catchride my friend's pony to help it w/t points, it was so fun. I love coming out of the ring on mine, hoping off, grabbing my saddle, & throwing it on someone else's & going right in on it. It's my favorite thing. I'll never be a full blown princess, but I definatly have alot of special things. And I appreciate them all....
Can you tell I'm in a really good mood today? Parker was a saint at the show /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-----

~Princess~

ErinB
Nov. 25, 2001, 02:23 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

~Erin
"This ain't no rag, it's a flag, and we don't wear it on our heads!"

keke414
Nov. 25, 2001, 04:12 PM
These dogs are allowed to roam through the show areas and stabling areas of course, scaring the daylights out of every baby green hunter, knocking little kids flat and stealing their hamburgers. These dogs fly down the aisles like a canine tornado, stopping only to lift their legs on every hose spigot and hay bale they see. If they miss one, they come back for it. That's how you can tell they are proper Hunter Princess dogs.

CBoylen
Nov. 25, 2001, 04:28 PM
Sorry guys, but the most proper of hunter princesses can't name all her numerous articles of equipment /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif She has no idea where her trunk might be located, and can't tell different kinds of pads apart. If asked what kinds of boots her horse wears she might possibly reply, "vogels, of course". She couldn't name the pieces of tack on her horse if she tried, let alone tell you what brand they are. As for her clothing, she doesn't give it another thought, unless of course she left it somewhere and wants you to go fetch it /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif So even with all the lists of expensive toys we have here, I don't think anyone on this board qualifies as the true princess type /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Bored*
Nov. 25, 2001, 05:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nrthrnexp:
We are not spoiled, just privileged

If you can't beat 'em, try harder. And God Bless America my home sweet home!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is so true!! I totally agree! /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

~Rachel~

Bored*
Nov. 25, 2001, 05:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by C.Boylen:
Sorry guys, but the most proper of hunter princesses can't name all her numerous articles of equipment /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif She has no idea where her trunk might be located, and can't tell different kinds of pads apart. If asked what kinds of boots her horse wears she might possibly reply, "vogels, of course". She couldn't name the pieces of tack on her horse if she tried, let alone tell you what brand they are. As for her clothing, she doesn't give it another thought, unless of course she left it somewhere and wants you to go fetch it /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif So even with all the lists of expensive toys we have here, I don't think anyone on this board qualifies as the true princess type /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

(sorry, just now read the last page) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~Rachel~

BaByHuEy1234
Nov. 25, 2001, 06:10 PM
I'll go ahead and post what I have, it's nothing like what most of you have:

1 Horse (App/TB Cross)
1 Nona Garson Prestige
1 New Cavalry bride
2 cheap schooling bridles (one for my horse and another for the horse I lease to the riding school)
3 pairs of front eskadrons (1 white, 2 black)
1 large back pair eskadrons (White)
4 or 5 pairs of bell boots, I lost count, they tend to wander in and out and get mixed up
1 fake Beval pad (the kind in dover) b/c I can't use the beval pad w/my saddle
1 Running martingale (don't know what kind)
Multiple blankes (enough for about 4 horses, even though I only have 2 .... All b/c I'm a packrat)
6 pairs of TS (2 white, 4 puke green)
1 pair pytchley
2 jackets (don't know what kind .......)
Probably 5 shirts
1 pair custom der daus boots
Tredsteps
Custom full chaps
1 Regal Crown Patey helment
1 GPA Helmet
NO GROOMS but I'm proud for that.....That I do my own work /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Compared to some of you I have nothing. But I am thankful for all of this stuff. B/c my parents could be like some I've come across and not give me anything!!

~*Tracey and Baby Huey (The monster sized horsey)*~

InWhyCee
Nov. 25, 2001, 06:12 PM
Let's see... I have a rich Daddy, three horsies and one is from Europe, a trainer, a groom, and a tutor!

"People... they're so
complicated. I suppose
that's why I prefer
horses."

Fiction
Nov. 25, 2001, 06:14 PM
But CB, if you ask a princess what something is, she'll tell you if its a big name brand. If its something else, she'll walk away calling her groom's name /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

-----

~Princess~

GirlNextDoor
Nov. 25, 2001, 07:56 PM
hmmm...

1 nice saddle
1 edgewood bridle, raised, fancy stiched with a martingale to match
1 square raised, padded, fancy stitched bridle (nameplat)
2 leather halters
3 jackets
8 shirts
2 or 3 TS
2 horses
at one time i had three saddles LOL
USED custom chaps
3 coolers
2 irish knits
1 rain sheet
1 quarter sheet
trillions of polos
7 saddle pads
1 stock tie and pin
6 heidi boots (4 front 2 back)
1 fly sheet

other stuff i can not think of....riding is fun LOL

InWhyCee
Nov. 26, 2001, 09:21 AM
... there's not enough room on the BB for that discusssion.

"People... they're so
complicated. I suppose
that's why I prefer
horses."

Rockford
Nov. 26, 2001, 12:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I was tempted to post my list of stuff, but I'm afraid I'll get flamed! I definitely fit the Hunter Princess stereotype, down to the last monogrammed baby pad, choker, scrim..... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha Sarah, me too! Although I must say, my favoritest horsey item in the world is my $650 saddle, so maybe that even things out or something. But if I am one I can't help it, it runs in the family /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif (read below)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>-I HAVE A GOLF CART! Is it safe to say I'm the only one here with an Ez-Go Workhorse golf cart, gas powered, picture a Mini-Hummer and that's my g-cart <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My mom bought this same one this summer...she calls it "her horse." But get this- we had a Suburban and two horse trailer; so she sells both of those and buys herself a new F350 and 4 horse head-to-head trailer, so that she can take out the middle partition on one side of the trailer and ship her golfcart around /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I don't mind at all, I love the new truck and trailer /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif But the funny part is, when I'm bathing my horses the day before we leave for a show, she unloads the golfcart from the trailer and "gives it a bath" too. (hey, if it makes her happy [read between the lines: "and willing to ship me and my steeds around to the shows"], then it works for me). I do feel for my dad though. The two of us are very good at spending his money... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

aspiringeqrider
Nov. 26, 2001, 04:21 PM
well, does it really matter. It seems as though it does, and beign that I've only had a horse for a few weeks, I am still into these fruity little topics.
Saddle- A bevals saddle, but I'm swiching tot he world cup
Bridle- Bevals New Canaan
Saddle Pads- Wither relief pad, big fuuuuzzzzyyyyy quare one, and a monogrammed really cool one (I have to order more)
Girth- Peice of crap that i found in the barn garage and brought back to life, thank you tattersal
Stiruup Leathers- IDK but they're really nice
Stirrup irons- dominus bendy ones, but im switching back to normal ones cuz its cheating
Horse- extremely green Dutch warmblood mare, chestnut, 4 years old, hopefully going to be a good big eq horse with alot of time (ana, you've ridden her, though you don't know who this is)
~My Clothes~
1 Van Teal
1 GP stretch
1 Charles Owen
1 new Troxel, not the plastic one!
a pair of the elites
2 pairs of tailored sportsmans
ariat hexcel devon pro black paddock boots (zips)
really cool fringy chaps (not custom but who the hell cares anyway)
~My Show Ammenities~
@ grooms, usually girls form the banr that aren't showing that day
shipped in the barn trailer
I ride in the truck that tows the trailer
~My normal clothes~
Whoever posted about their kate spade bag, their clothes from paris, and their gucci glasses need to get back in touch with themselves. Not only was thispost about being a (horse) hunter princess, com[paring your clots to tohers is sick and ridiculous, I am not even going to go there, as I know some of you may have just eaten.

elin "Lassie" Lassen
Lol Devin

Fiction
Nov. 26, 2001, 04:31 PM
Aspiringeqrider~~~ Where in Annandale are you? My barn is an Annandale! Haha e-mail me if you want(Krista52087@hotmail.com) thats pretty cool I might know you.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

-----

~Princess~

E
Nov. 26, 2001, 04:45 PM
Rockford- My mom is the same way!! She gives the darn thing "bathes" I'm like oh...my...goodness, but she has her own REAL horse. She has a two horse that she used to use to ship my horse and she gave up that idea sends him with my trainer takes the partition out of the trailer and sticks the golf cart in there. We also carry my trunk around in the back of it, it's wild we get some strange looks at horseshows cause it's just so LOUD!

R&R

~SC~
Nov. 26, 2001, 05:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rockford:

My mom bought this same one this summer...she calls it "_her_ horse." But get this- we had a Suburban and two horse trailer; so she sells both of those and buys herself a new F350 and 4 horse head-to-head trailer, so that she can take out the middle partition on one side of the trailer and ship her golfcart around /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I don't mind at all, I love the new truck and trailer /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif But the funny part is, when I'm bathing my horses the day before we leave for a show, she unloads the golfcart from the trailer and "gives it a bath" too. (hey, if it makes her happy [read between the lines: "and willing to ship me and my steeds around to the shows"], then it works for me). I do feel for my dad though. The two of us are _very_ good at spending his money... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG! I love your golfcart thingy! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Very very comfy to sit in while we wait for the jog, and wait and wait and wait... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif LOL I was wondering why y'all had like this super monstrous truck for 2 horses... /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif LOL

~Sarah

Rockford
Nov. 26, 2001, 05:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We also carry my trunk around in the back of it, it's wild we get some strange looks at horseshows cause it's just so LOUD! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I KNOW!! A few weekends ago, somebody was like "Is something WRONG with your golfcart?" I was like uh no, it just likes to make that noise.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> OMG! I love your golfcart thingy! Very very comfy to sit in while we wait for the jog, and wait and wait and wait... LOL I was wondering why y'all had like this super monstrous truck for 2 horses... LOL <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And wait and wait and wait and wait...no kidding! And yup, we have the monstrous transportation for MR GOLFCART...

Little Indian
Jun. 20, 2002, 04:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BrookeL:
the bevals pad is a wither pad made of wool & sheepskin that's supposed to help high withered horses. http://www.beval.com/isroot/beval/SiteImages/Products/2069005_200w.gif
they're $140 each<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
i bought one for my pony because he had been having some bucking fits...after we got it, the bucking disapeered. it's my god /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

*Chanel*
Jun. 20, 2002, 05:05 PM
I haven't read the entire thread, nor do I have the desire to read all 5 pages /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif So I will just join in here... hehe /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

For The Horse:
-At least two saddles - you know because one just won't fit all her horses Preferably a saddle from Beval's, Devaoucoux (sp?), Antares, or Tad Coffin - each have a nameplate on them
-An edgewood bridle (or something from Beval's) for all her horses with their own bits each and a nameplate on it with the horse's name - martengales too
-Pervious years' edgewood bridles for each horse for schooling at home - wouldnt want to take a chance or ruining the show bridles
-2+ horses that daddy spent AT LEAST 75k on each /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Oh yeah and that large pony that you may be a little big on that you just HAD to have - despite the price tag
-leather girths with sheepskin and fancy stiching on them, one for each horse even if they wore the same size, each with a little name plate with the horse's name on it
-Several crops that you've accumlated, who knows how, all nice leather
-Several white fleece fitted show pads, one for each horse, perhaps 2-3 per horse, always snow white
-Eskadons for schooling at home, Fancy edgewood open front boots lined with sheepskin, and ankle boots

For The Rider:
-At least 3 pairs of spurs - just in case - all with fancy black straps with silver
-A bracelet and watch on wrist at all times from Tiffany's
-5+ (probally more) essex or van teal shirts in just about every color (all pastels, some stripes, and then bright colors, have to have at least one of each)
-At least 4 show coats in the newest colors (gray plaid, light blue, brown, etc.) and best brands (Grand Prix, Phyctly (sp?), Marigold)
-Around 5+ pairs of TS - A few 2 ways and a few 4 ways just for the heck of it
-Several pairs of leather show gloves, you've accumlated over the past year when you thought you'd lost them.
-At least two helmets - a Charles Owen or International Royale for Hunters and Eq and a GPA for jumpers.
-TONS of hairnets in all different colors to match all the different colors your parents agreed to let you dye your hair AGAIN.
-Custom Field Boots - In special favor to Vogels!
-Custom chaps by Leather N Spice and some place like that, with your name on the back of course and then a pair of half chaps from Beval's or something like that

Wow! That's a lot...I'm sure I forgot something. That sounds a little too much like me
/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I love you daddy!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

--------------------
Ashlyn
*Chanel*
~Sephora~

Jamie Taylor
Jun. 20, 2002, 05:13 PM
I'm not going to get into what I have, cuz its not imp =) Haha, but I will say, I am not quite your hunter princess, although I have parts of everything =) However, I have RIDDEN for these hunter princesses, I won't name names, but whew /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif It's like my dream, and makes me wish I were a horse =)

"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive." - Van Wilder
"You can pick your nose and pick your friends, but you can't wipe your friends on the couch."

Fiction
Jun. 20, 2002, 09:12 PM
Ooh Chanel I'm getting dangerously close to your list lately... /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Someone needs to stop me /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

-----
This is not a true story
-----

MeganBlack
Jun. 20, 2002, 09:46 PM
I am FAR from being a hunter princess....but..this is what I have!! And I bought all of it myself /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif except for the Beval Pad, truck, and horse trailer.

1. Custom tack trunk, no cover
2. Edgewood bridle and reins, all raised & fancy stitched and with a nameplate
3. Ashland saddle
4. Edgewood pony girth, some cheap girth for my horse
5. a Beval Pad
6. Five or six pairs of TS, one white pair
7. Tons of shirts...only about six are Essex, though.
8. One Grand Prix coat, one Pytchtley (sp?), and one other I forget what brand it is.
9. I just got a 2000 Ford F150 (and yes, its MINE)
10. A horse that definitely WILL be worth well over 75k someday.
11. Custom Der Dau's
12. A raised fancy stitched Edgewood belt.
13. A two horse trailer, nothing special but it works.

Well, I don't have it all, but I'm happy with what I do have!! I don't do the hunters anymore, anyway..
/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

CraZ4Horses
Jun. 20, 2002, 09:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Emma MHC:
I have:
Used custom boots (dunno brand)
Somerset paddocks
2 pairs of cheap-o breeches
1 show shirt
Collegiate Graduate
2 square pads (monogrammed!)
1 leather halter
1 grooming set
no horse!

I need all that other stuff /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

*EMMA*
http://emmapony.diaryland.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my gosh...THANK YOU! I am not the only one! Except for a little dif.:
(I bought all of these gently used from a good friend all for under 120 dollars) TS breeches, Pytchley hunt coat, almost got her Voguls but they were too small, Essex shirt, and I think that's it...

~*Katy*~
~*Don't think. Just jump it*~
~*In Loving Memory of Romeo*~
April 26, 1993-April 19, 2002

PonyLuvN
Jun. 20, 2002, 10:17 PM
but it just seems kind of wierd that yall list the thing you own. But everyone has done it in a joking way, but the only reason yall joke about that stuff is because your PARENTS can afford to buy it for you.
But there are alot of people on these boards who cant get couston chaps and everything else yall have listed. I know yall were joking around but to people who cant get all that stuff it didnt come off as joking around alking about Bevals and stuff.
But there are alot of people who work hard for it and earn it, and thats what i would think more people should talk about. Because most of what junior (most) is paid for by parents, and no offense but most kids dont do that much to help pay for their new saddle or anything. It just seems odd that your are proud of your posessions and not of how well your horse did today and how hard you worked teaching him how to bend or something like that.
I just enjoyed the "greenie suport group" more than "lets list our tack" Im not trying to get everyone mad and offended so dont be, I just find it kind of odd.
Sorry if this annoyed anyone.

-Stephy

*Chanel*
Jun. 20, 2002, 10:56 PM
is listing what THEY have...I'm going to list what I have..Minded, I actually work for a lot of the things I have or have gotten very nice presents for catchriding or handmedowns. Not all are bought by my daddy.

-7 pairs of TS 2 ways(2 white), 1 pair of TS 4 ways
-9 essex shirts (2 were given to me for a catch ride), 4 van teal shirts, 3 white shirts dunno brand, and 2 pin striped white shirts dunno brand (all with monagrammed collars - thank god!)
-4 Grand Prix Coats, 2 marigold, and 3 others cant remember the brand
-watch, heart charm braclet, and matching necklace from Tiffany's
-Custom Vogels w/ Zippers and punched toes
-GPA, which I wear only in the jumpers (don't ask why, just a pet peeve of mine) and a CO Hampton for the hunters and eq (one in brown and one in black, I have two)
-TONS of bootsocks
-Tons of leather gloves for showing and those cream knit and deerskin ones for home (ya know what Im talkin about?)
-TONS of crops...most all leather, if not, I save
them for schooling only
-I have SO many hairnets in TONS of different colors because I have dyed my hair a lot but now it's my natural blonde /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
-MY CELL PHONE!
-Speaking of tack trunks - I have two. Both of them are from Beval's and I had a big brass plate put on both of them with my initals, they both have covers in my barn's colors (maroon and hunter) also with my initials
-Custom Chaps by Leather & Spice
-Ariat Half Chaps (Cheapies..Oh well /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )
-Two Saddles - I have a Beval Jr cause it fits my pony SOO well but it doesnt fit my horsey so I just recently got my devaoucoux (sp?) for my horsey and I LUV them both!
-I have about 5 edgewood girths that I've accumulated from different horse, all of them have brass plates with the horse's names on it.
-Edgewood bridle, reins,and martengale - all raised & fancy stitched and with a nameplate - one for both pony and horse and I have a few from old horses/ponies that I use for schooling
-4 Beval's Pads - TONS of square pads for schooling
-Italia Sheepskin Double Stitch Open Front and Ankle Boots from Beval's For Shows even though I don't have an eq horse yet /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Well I did but it went lame so now we're looking again
-Hippo Boots for both pony and horse but we only use them at home
-SEVERAL Belts
-Horse & Pony worth 75k+ /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Whom I LOVE dearly
-2 leather shipping halters with all the sheepskin thingys from bevals and two leather halters from beval's for home with nameplates
-2 pairs of spurs little and big with fancy black and silver straps
-A groom...but I only let him do stuff when I feel really lazy at home or at shows (okay...so a lot)
-a golf cart which I love hehe

Wow...I just realized how much my parents DO do for me... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

--------------------
Ashlyn
*Chanel*
~Sephora~

MKM
Jun. 21, 2002, 07:06 AM
Next time any hunter people complain about their reputation or stereotype I will direct them to this thread. I know you all are joking around, but if you are unhappy with the way h/j people are stereotyped (which, you may NOT be) then dont go around making lists of all the expensive unnecessary things that you own.

OKAY, NEVER MIND. I understand this is all in good fun. My post I guess is unnecessary. I guess I was just in one of those "what's REALLY important in life" moods. And hopefully we all agree that this stuff isn't. But funny to discuss, nonetheless. Sorry if I offended anyone.

[This message was edited by MKM on Jun. 21, 2002 at 10:50 AM.]

hobson
Jun. 21, 2002, 07:45 AM
I love how the groom gets listed amongst the objects like spur straps, saddle pads and golf carts.

Dragoon
Jun. 21, 2002, 08:00 AM
If I had a groom he'd be sitting on his butt all day being bored, mainly because I'm overprotective of my horse /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif . If people breathe on my horses wrong I get uptight, lol /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif .

- "Don't look at your horse....I'll tell you if you fall off."
- "The base of the jump is your friend and the way you ride you can never have enough friends."

Heineken
Jun. 21, 2002, 08:22 AM
I've never had an "official groom" just help from the barn, we all pitch in. BUT I AM a Hunter Princess through and through...right down to my monogrammed white eq polos...gross, I know! And any moms reading this: NEVER LET YOUR DAUGHTER WORK IN A HIGH END TACK SHOP!!!! Senior year of college I worked for a WONDERFUL place in PA but my parents were still paying the bills so I got Lego a whole new set of custom blankets, all Baker plaid with double piping and shadowed monograms...And myself 6-8 new hunt shirts...and belts and socks and Wilkers pads and wraps(the only kind I'll use on my babies)...Ummm...lots of other "princessy" things too, I get made fun of alot at our mellow "co-op" type barn but I don't really mind at all! And of course the Australian Shepard show puppy to look cute in the passenger seat as we pull up to the shows /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Founding member AQHA clique

[This message was edited by hhytken on Jun. 21, 2002 at 11:41 AM.]

[This message was edited by hhytken on Jun. 21, 2002 at 01:46 PM.]

Pocket Pony
Jun. 21, 2002, 10:02 AM
Sorry Chanel, but I am disgusted by your post.

* I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. *

*Chanel*
Jun. 21, 2002, 10:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by batgirl:
Sorry Chanel, but I am disgusted by your post.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just curious as to why disgusted, by just mine, when so many others posted pretty much the same thing? /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Ashlyn
*Chanel*
~Sephora~

Pocket Pony
Jun. 21, 2002, 10:19 AM
I don't recall other people including their personal jewelry collection from Tiffany's, the price tag of their horses, or their groom as a posession.

I just saw your as a bit over the top.

And I do think that listing how many pairs of TSs, Essex Shirts, GP coats, is just too much - I see this as a thread of who can boast / flaunt that they have more than anybody else and I think it is pretty pointless.

*Chanel*
Jun. 21, 2002, 10:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by batgirl:
I don't recall other people including their personal jewelry collection from Tiffany's, the price tag of their horses, or their groom as a posession.

I just saw your as a bit over the top.

And I do think that listing how many pairs of TSs, Essex Shirts, GP coats, is just too much - I see this as a thread of who can boast / flaunt that they have more than anybody else and I think it is pretty pointless.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Other people did note if they had a groom or not and if they had Tiffany's bracelets, you see, I'm not the only one. Maybe the pricetage was a bit much, but others were indeed throwing up their pricetags up in the air, as well.

I don't think you can't just point your finger at me, I'm not the only one, I was a follower this time. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Also - If you will notice, I am most definatly NOT the only who listed how many pairs of TS or Essex or GPs I had.

I don't mean to get so defensive, but this was a joint project, I was not the only one, so I don't want fingers pointed at me for doing the same thing. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Ashlyn
*Chanel*
~Sephora~

Dragoon
Jun. 21, 2002, 10:44 AM
I realize this thread started out in good fun, but MKM definately does have a point...

- "The base of the jump is your friend and the way you ride you can never have enough friends."

PonyLuvN
Jun. 21, 2002, 10:47 AM
Im not pointing the finger at you Chanel, just that this thread was something that people should make fun of, about the people who arent in it to ride. Im sorry but why count all your stuff? Why list it? Im sorry but yall may pay the groom to hel p but he or she is not a possesion. I dont really know how other grooms at barns work, but at our barn we all help do barn work. On their b-days we have parties, and we have a groom apreciation day.
Its not anyones fault for posting what they own, but naming prices, counting saddles and pads and listuing them is just not something that I agree with.

-Stephy

Pocket Pony
Jun. 21, 2002, 10:53 AM
Chanel - I'm sorry for pointing the finger at you - I just saw yours as the most glaringly boastful post. That, and I haven't re-read the thread since it started so I just read yours as the most recent.

It just bothers me that so many people focus on the "what I have" and "what I have cost more than what you have". I know this is all in good fun, but I think it has gone overboard.

What about "what I learned that made me a better rider" or "why I love my horse so much" or something positive like that?

Not everyone (myself included) can afford TS breeches (or some of us just think that money could be better spent) - jeez, I got mind hand-me-down from a jr. who outgrew hers - and here you are bragging that you have 7 pair. I mean, don't you think that's a bit ridiculous? What could you possibly need 7 pairs of TS breeches for??!!

I'll stop now becuase this is turning into a rant...

By many people I could be considered one of the "haves", but you don't see me bragging about what I've got. I'm just thankful to have a horse to love and who loves me. I'm thankful that I've got a great trainer who is teaching me how to really ride. I'm thankful that Mickey has learned so much and we're doing well at the shows. TS breeches and Tiffany jewelry has nothing to do with that.

MKM
Jun. 21, 2002, 10:53 AM
Back when I rode competitively I owned

-a $2,500 horse
-a collegiate event saddle for jumping
-a County dressage saddle I bought used from a friend
-a collegiate dressage bridle
-some fancy french bridle for jumping that Catherine Winter gave me b/c she didn't want it anymore
-some cheapo running martingale
-some cheapo fleece lined fake-leather boots for SJ
-nylon crop
-1 pair neumann gloves
-2 shaped pads, 2 square pads
-1 black jacket for s/j and dressage
-3 pairs on-course britches
-1 essex white shirt w/ choker for SJ and stock tie for dressage
-1 pair elite non-custom field boots
-1 wooden trunk my friends dad made for me
-bridle, saddle, and boot bags in my colors from *gasp*, dare I say it STATE LINE
-a heart bracelet from Hecht's that looked EXACTLY like a Tiffany one but was probably $15
-a Saratoga II helmet that I used for all 3 phases
and for my splurges...
-tanbark galloping boots for all 4
-a custom tipperary vest w/ matching helmet cover

TOP THAT, Hunter princesses!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Heineken
Jun. 21, 2002, 10:58 AM
I'm also a LITTLE confused what Tiffany jewelry has to do with ANYTHING!!! EVERY Jewish American Princess I know has that same stuff(I'm Jewish and almost qualify, I'm missing the jewelry so I don't get to join that club) but I sorta wonder what happened to individual jewelry...its supposed to be a personal reflection on your individual taste, why on earth would you want the same overpriced stuff as everyone else????

bucksnort
Jun. 21, 2002, 11:10 AM
She's young and was just following suit. Yes it was over the top, but she wasn't the only one.

MKM
Jun. 21, 2002, 11:16 AM
Oh, don't worry, I'm not picking on anyone indivudually, I just think the whole thread is a bit over the top. But funny, nonetheless.

There is nothing wrong with spending absurd amounts of money on expensive horsey things that you want, as long as you have the money and have your priorities straight.

I just choose to spend my money on other things. And, well, at this point in my life don't have money for horsey things!

HN73
Jun. 21, 2002, 11:34 AM
I just want to point out the original post that started this thread:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What are the items that every hunter princess must have to be considered a hunter princess?
This whole Thanksgiving-thing really slows down the board.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its supposed to be a little tongue in cheek, my friends.

However, it morphed from being "gasp! that's me-hee, hee- and here's proof", to "oh yea, here's what I have".

I don't think anyone is trying to say I am a have, you are a have not.

A lot of people have taken the oppurtunity to thank thier parents and/or say they worked for everything they have.

Regardless, take it easy on the people who posted what they have. I don't think it was done malevolently.

"Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes."

Dragoon
Jun. 21, 2002, 11:40 AM
It started out that way, then I think people wanted opinions to see if they were "hunter princesses", then it just snowballed from there /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif . The original idea was pretty damn funny though /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif . And I still say cell phone cliped to Gap jeans /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Megan Story
Jun. 21, 2002, 11:44 AM
I wish I had had half of the things of what ya'll have. When I rode (No, I don't ride anymore, so now everything I did have, I'm selling,well what's worth selling anyway)all I had was..

-2 essex shirts
-2 jackets - no big brands
-2 pair TS (only 1 fit me, however)
-Devocoux(sp?) Saddle - It was my christmas present and that's all I got, let alone all I got for the next few months following /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
-A few cheapo girths (worked for me /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )
-1 cheapo running martengale
-All the bridles I ever bought were gotten from a local tack shop which often needed exsessive oiling because of the color
-1 show pad
-A bunch of polos that I either won or were given to me - I never had any fancy boots or anything
-1 monogrammed pad - a few others but nothing special for schooling
-a troxel helmet
-Off the shelf devon aire boots
-1 pair of leather gloves
-1 crop with a plastic end and handle, nothing special but it worked /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
-NO Groom (Wouldn't have let them touch my horse anyway, I'd rather spend the time with my horse, thanks)

Wow! I thought I was very priveledge with the things I had. Reading the posts on what some others have - It made me feel underpriveledged - Funny, I know I'm not! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Heineken
Jun. 21, 2002, 11:45 AM
Gap? Are you sure Lucky Brand or Earl aren't more princessy? And if you have your cell you have to have your walkie-talkie to keep in touch with the other prinesses from you barn /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Dragoon
Jun. 21, 2002, 11:49 AM
I forgot the walkie-talkies! How silly of me! OK, Gap, and Bannana Republic....or custom jeans with your name embroidered on the butt! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Heineken
Jun. 21, 2002, 11:53 AM
AND your barn baseball cap, with one for mom and dad! And I'm not sure but I think being blonde might be part of the req's as well...

Tongue in cheek, I SWEAR!!!!

Heineken
Jun. 21, 2002, 11:55 AM
And of course your sexy bikini top for schooling on the Florida circuit...no Princess would be complete without her personal trainer and her workout gear! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Dragoon
Jun. 21, 2002, 11:56 AM
And those 5 square saddle pads customized with your name, initials, etc!! In PINK!

Heineken
Jun. 21, 2002, 11:58 AM
Pink...OF COURSE!!! To match your scooter!!!! and your Motorola phone...wait, that has other covers to match each saddle pad-bikini-belt outfit for the 4 days a week you are in Florida...

Heineken
Jun. 21, 2002, 12:00 PM
Ok, Dragoon...I gotta be honest, my first square pad was white with turqouise and bright pink and had my name in pink...and I'm blonde...and my daddy bought it for me...hmmmmm...

That was 16 years ago though...

Dragoon
Jun. 21, 2002, 12:02 PM
And a sparkly belt! (I'm basing this on a girl I used to ride with! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif )

Dragoon
Jun. 21, 2002, 12:03 PM
You may have qualified, but you can be "dethroned" if you want to /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Heineken
Jun. 21, 2002, 12:06 PM
Nah...I still fit the bill...I just buy all my own stuff now...But I don't have a sparkly belt, just my AQHYA belt buckle...and all my jewelry was stolen this year so I can't accesorize properly anymore...
I was never given expensive ponies or horses though and I ALWAYS had a summer job and braided to pay for my Princess-y leanings...

MKM
Jun. 21, 2002, 12:10 PM
what about the leather bealts with the nameplates of every horse or pony you've ever owned. are those still the thing or is everyone wearing something more flashy now?

Heineken
Jun. 21, 2002, 12:12 PM
MKM: sparkles, beads, bright colors, ribbon belts...anything bright and fun is "in"...which is actually ok by me, I think its cute to see some individual touches at a hunter show!

Dragoon
Jun. 21, 2002, 12:12 PM
I have one of those belts! (haven't gotten around to putting the plates on yet) /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I believe flashy belts are in now...big bright flashy ones /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Heineken
Jun. 21, 2002, 12:15 PM
HAIR RIBBONS!!!! Either pigtails for around the barn in matching ribbons OR a small ponytail with matching ribbon for show day!!!!

MKM
Jun. 21, 2002, 12:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hey now....

I have one of those belts! (haven't gotten around to putting the plates on yet)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
oh, dont worry, i wasnt dissing them! i have one too, guess i forgot to add it to my list /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif unfortunately it only has 3 nameplates on it, since i've only owned 2 ponies and 1 horse in my life. so it looks sorta "incomplete." but i used to wear it in all my shows!

MKM
Jun. 21, 2002, 12:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> unfortunately it only has 3 nameplates on it, since i've only owned 2 ponies and 1 horse in my life. so it looks sorta "incomplete." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
i think i'm getting this hunter princess thing down! i just complained about having owned *only* 3 horses in my life!!!

Heineken
Jun. 21, 2002, 12:18 PM
My belt only has two plates on it /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif And I'm too fat to wear it /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

MKM
Jun. 21, 2002, 12:22 PM
oh, i'm pretty sure i'm too fat to wear mine now too. i'm not the same size as i was when i was riding every morning and doing rigorous track and volleyball workouts in the afternoon. too bad.

MeganBlack
Jun. 21, 2002, 12:46 PM
My belt has MY name on it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ErinB
Jun. 21, 2002, 01:14 PM
I have three pairs of monogrammed underwear. I'm not kidding, either.

Top THAT, you princesses! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~Erin B #1
Visit my website (http://www.equestrianzone.com)!
When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.

PTDeaconHP
Jun. 23, 2002, 07:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Best Horse Ever:
my friend has...

TC saddle
blue helmet
2 ponies, 1 horse (but that doesnt make her a princess since she brought them out from starving status)
black leather chaps w/ leapord trim
monogrammed sheets, blankets
she works for my trainer, so she gets to ride 40K plus horses all the time and show them
custom boots with zippers (dont remember the name)
silverr acura
1 pitbull, 2 mixed, look like horseshow dogs tho
custom wood tack trunk w/ gold plate w/ her name
leather halters 4 all w/ her name
bridles 4 all w/ her name

i dont know, u guys think shes one?

*~*!*~*pRiNcEsSiNaBuBbLe*~*!*~*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, I don't think she's one.

***"There is no secret so close as that between a rider and his horse."***

PTDeaconHP
Jun. 23, 2002, 07:40 PM
i have:

*2 pairs TS's
*2 shirts (not monogramed)
*3 grand prix coats
*Tons of bridles and martingales (my sister's fault, shes been riding 10 years or so, and ridden many different horses with very differnt heads lol)!
*4 horses (some one has offered 500K for one, but hes our baby, my sister trained him. He was origionally a dressage horse, but they taught him to rear, so they sold him to us lol.another horse has a blank check offered for him... hes not very fancy, but a very very good boy)
*Halters, shipping halters, and birdles for each horse
*monogramed sheets
*tons of saddle pads (but my mom makes them! they are awesome! ooh and shipping wraps also! they are wild colors! heheeh!)
*a trunk with monogramed cover

But seriously, neither of us are princesses! far from it! we never act that way, and we are always were are butts off with our horses! we are always out at the barn, and ride each of our horses every day! even when i fell off our greenie, and sprained my knee and had to hobble around with crutches I went out to the barn to be with my boys!)
I always help out at the barn and help groom other horses at our barn. (OH! and no groom! we do all that work ourselves! Every one at the barn helps, but no specific groom! never ever! we do everything!)

oh, and about chaps... I wear my half chaps which are 10 sizes too small! i love them! lol! no custom chaps for me! or boots! and im not obsessed with fashion at all! I wear what I like, with my crazy bright pink sparkily belt! lol!and saddle pads!I don't follow those fashions lol! You should see mine! they are crazy and wild lol!

So i dont think you are a princess unless you act like one!

MeganBlack
Jun. 23, 2002, 07:55 PM
I agree!! You can't be one if you don't act like one or think you are... /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

PonyBrat
Jun. 23, 2002, 08:23 PM
I'm the farthest thing from a princess..lol. And even though my daddy makes over $100k (nothing compared to some of you!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif ), my mom pays for everything /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif . They're divorced.

-1 coat ('The Elite')
-1 pair TS
-2 show shirts...1 Pale Horse, 1 On Course (lmao)
-1 pair tall boots, $100 off the shelf and don't fit well
-1 $50 State Line Tack bridle
-1 collegiate saddle
-7 schooling pads
-2 show pads
-1 pair open front boots
-0 tack trunks /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And of course a million random items...but that's it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dana

goobergurl21
Jun. 24, 2002, 01:50 PM
hehe!! i'm not gonna ask about the monogramed undies!! LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MKM
Jun. 24, 2002, 01:59 PM
what about the "days of the week undies"?

goobergurl21
Jun. 24, 2002, 02:06 PM
MKM--hey now!i have some of those!!!hehe LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MKM
Jun. 24, 2002, 02:09 PM
Me too! But mine came w/o Sunday. So what? I'm not supposed to wear underwear on Sundays??? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

goobergurl21
Jun. 24, 2002, 02:17 PM
LOL! hheeeheee! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
who knows! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Pixie Dust
Jul. 18, 2002, 11:13 AM
***rmmmmmm, trying to think of how I can cash on this clique.....how to make some money off these princesses*****

Superheroes of the universe, unite! http://www.allmightysenators.com/super.html

http://hometown.aol.com/bgoosewood/index.html

Heineken
Jul. 18, 2002, 11:21 AM
Has "practice horses" at home and show horses with the trainer that she flies to meet in Indio or Florida...

Aqha Clique

QHluva
Jul. 19, 2002, 06:50 AM
blue ribbon saddle
leathers, stirrup irons
two bridles
three girths
2 show pads
2 practice pads
working on getting a beval (have to pay for it myself, i am only 13, lol)
leg wraps, two pairs splint boots
2 hunt coats (forget the brands)
4 blouses
5 breeches
two pairs paddock boots, hunt boots
a dalmatian, jack russel terrier, german shepherd, and rottwieler
1 horse, 1 pony
I almost have my own groom (my sister), she does everything for me, manes, tales (because I stink at braiding and it looks terrible when I do it! lol!

I AM DEFINNETELY NOT A HUNTER PRINCESS, BUT I DON'T CARE! LOL

cassie01
Nov. 6, 2002, 01:54 PM
OK, I'll add to it... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif the woman I work for is a definite DQ (formerly a HP). And, I'll preface this by saying she does spend nearly 6 months of the year away from home (which she hates) traveling for work in order to afford all of this. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif And when she's home, she works in the barn - which I guess completely disqualifies her from ever being a true DQ or HP /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

*5 horses - 2 Dutch imports, a 2 year old Oldenburg, a TB broodmare and her 20 year old TB who was her first horse.
*2 Schleese saddles, 2 Passier saddles, and an old Hermes jumping saddle that she bought used for about $500.
*2 Schleese bridles, 2 custom bridles, 1 Schumacher bridle, and several other bridles that were under $100.
* Somewhere around 30 monogrammed square pads in nearly every color under the rainbow.
* Somewhere around 20 sets of polos in every color under the rainbow
*Blankets ranging from Rambo and Buccas to a couple of really old ones that REALLY need to be retired /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
* Probably close to 20 pairs of breeches, mostly Pikeur and Cavallo in nearly every color
* 2 pairs of custom Cavallo boots that she never wears, instead prefering her much cheaper Dover boots
* Of course, the shadbelly and top hat that any true DQ should have - bought in Europe, of course /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
*Her own private barn with all the amenities
*A manager to take care of her barn and horses while away - ME! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
*A local FEI level trainer to work with her horses while she is away and giver her lessons while she's home
*A Pan-Am Games medalist trainer in the next state to train her top competition horse and to go to Florida with.
*A Porche to get her to her lessons with said trainer in next state - every single day that she's home.
* An SUV to haul the aluminum trailer to shows
* Cell phone clipped to belt
* 2 Rotties that supervise all goings on at home /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Me, OTOH, I have a yearling Morgan filly that I get to board here for free, my old Campbell saddle seat saddle, some misc. training equipment, a couple pairs of On Course breeches and Cavalier field boots for my DQ and HP lessons. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I do have the cell phone clipped to my belt, tho! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Pirateer
Nov. 6, 2002, 02:43 PM
Hey kids...What about me?

Crosby PDN saddle
1pr On Course Side Zips in Puke Green
2 Hyde Park (Miller's Cheapies) show shirts, pink and white
1 GP coat, bought CHEAP in Canada (and so it was even cheaper)
1 pr spurs
1.5 pr gloves, used to be 2 (i found 1 pr in a parking lot).
Devon Aire Tall Boots
Ariat Paddocks
Somerset Half-CHaps
3 Fluffyish saddle pads

Ooh, I don't need anyone to tack up my horsey for me, and I pay $.25 per ride...and he is stabled at the best barn in the world...WAL-MART.

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Rebecca
http://www.bluffparkfarm.com
http://www.angelfire.com/darkside/smited/index.html

Member of the "I want a QH clique!"

"Mama says,'Don't use a toaster while standing in the shower.'"

PTDeaconHP
Nov. 6, 2002, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by daytimedrama:
well custom Vogels of course /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~Christina~
QUOTE]

or der-dau. Vogels can be wierd, lol. My sister got some, and the didnt fit her right THREE times, lol!

**Member of the Mighty thoroughbred clique**

HN73
Nov. 6, 2002, 03:05 PM
I'm a PRINCESS---and its got NOTHING to do with how much crap I have.

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

"Its not the years, its the mileage." -Indiana Jones

PTDeaconHP
Nov. 6, 2002, 03:06 PM
-Enough show clothes lol(TS's -i love the "puke" green color! lol! grand prix, etc...)
-grand prix shadbelly (oooooh i love it i love it!)
-4 horses (warmblood, tb, mix and mix. hehehehehe, but 1 is really my sisters, i will just show him in juniors)
-a saddle that i LOVE (its not a butet or nething, lol! its a bevel natural deep seat and i love it to death)
-Der-Dau custom boots
-Tons of blankets, coolers, tack, etc (Its because my sister has been riding a long time as well! shes 21! its not all me! lol!)
-2 pairs of paddock boots
-millions of wraps, polos, boots, etc...
-etc... /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

ok, but on hat note, I'm definatly NOT a princess! I know this list may seem that way, but i take care of my horses 100%, ride all of them everyday, spend hours upon hours caring for them, help out at the barn when Im free, work as hard as anything, and appriciate everything with all my heart! My horses are my world, and i know im lucky to have them!

so I just wanted to point out, you're not a princess if you don't act like one!
My sister has an absolutly gigantic list (if she were to write it) but shes DEFINATLY not a HP!

**Member of the Mighty thoroughbred clique**

SaratogaSummer2001
Nov. 6, 2002, 06:32 PM
I've gotten so much more princess-y since I first posted on this thread. I've added another horse, am up to 4 hunt coats, 7 saddles, 15 or so show shirts, 4 pairs of nice tall boots. But.. I still like what BaileyBFF said on the first page:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The only thing I am totally thankful for is the fact that none of these things "makes you a great rider". No offense to those of you that have it, I'm totally jealous! It's just that-why are so many of us talented horse people poor? I have way too many answers to that question...
I wish all the hunter princess's out there the best of luck...I'll stick with what I've got, Thank ya very much! (Or so they say IGNORANCE is BLISS, lol) If I've never had it, I don't know what I am missing! Natalie
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Now, honey, you don't know him well enough to control him yet.."

ClemsonGraduateRider
Nov. 6, 2002, 06:35 PM
I have . . . . .

- Three pairs TS
- Two Grand Prix Jackets (neither in a sensible color!!)
- Two Essex Collection shirts, monogramed of course
- Two unnapproved's with a loopy deerskin harness
- Technically Two pairs of Vogels. (or none really, one partly sold the other on their way)
- Tiffany's necklace!! (I know I know hehe)
- Custom Chaps from Journeymans
- Grand Prix Half-chaps
- a Columbia fleece vest that matches my custom chaps
- a Pessoa A/O

My pony has
- All the Rambo Blankets that they make
- some fancy schmancy triple stitched leather halter
- polos in every color, and of course a set in each of "my" colors
- some no name bridle
- a millions bits

My poor pony doesnt have anything that he needs!! And he is moving to a DQ barn in a bit!! Yikes, the other horses will disown him!!! EEEK /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

- - - - - -
"We learn from history that we do not learn from history." ~ George Bernard Shaw

ClemsonGraduateRider
Nov. 6, 2002, 06:37 PM
I have . . . . .

- Three pairs TS
- Two Grand Prix Jackets (neither in a sensible color!!)
- Two Essex Collection shirts, monogramed of course
- Two unnapproved's with a loopy deerskin harness
- Technically Two pairs of Vogels. (or none really, one partly sold the other on their way)
- Tiffany's necklace!! (I know I know hehe)
- Custom Chaps from Journeymans
- Grand Prix Half-chaps
- a Columbia fleece vest that matches my custom chaps
- a Pessoa A/O

My pony has
- All the Rambo Blankets that they make
- some fancy schmancy triple stitched leather halter
- polos in every color, and of course a set in each of "my" colors
- some no name bridle
- a millions bits

My poor pony doesnt have anything that he needs!! And he is moving to a DQ barn in a bit!! Yikes, the other horses will disown him!!! EEEK /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

- - - - - -
"We learn from history that we do not learn from history." ~ George Bernard Shaw

Katie_Rosenzweig
Nov. 6, 2002, 07:26 PM
ok, here i go:
5 pairs of TS (2 dont fit well)
6 coats (GP, Marigold, etc)
about 15 show shirts (Essex, Van Teal, Marigold, etc)
3 riding belts
2 saddles (i LOVE my Prestige, the other one fits young horses and ponies...its ancient lol)
2 horses (small jr hunter and jr jumper) of my own, 2 i ride for other ppl
2 blankets and 2 sheets, and a fleece liner for my thin skinned TB! hehe
2 dress coolers
1 dress sheet (for the jumper)
2 working bridles
2 show bridles
2 fuzzy leather girths
4 white nylon girths
2 leather girths (jumper)
5 sets of polos (2 black, 2 white, navy)
5 sets of eq boots (prestige, Bevel, LtD, etc.)
3 sets of italian bell boots (although one pair has small holes in them cuz i accidently left them on my shark/horse overnight /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif....big mistake lol)
Vogel custom boots
1 pair paddock boots
Journeyman's custom chaps (finally got some!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)
dozens of saddle pads (most of them won)
1 sheepskin show pad
Tack trunk FILLED (actually stuffed) w/ various cr@p
2 rain sheets
1 pair of draw reins (prestige)

k i think thats about everything ive ever owned! lol...yea im a bit spoiled (i admit it!) /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif , but ive been collecting for quite awhile!!

~*~Rosey~*~
Who's That
Picasso
Code of Honor
Mikhail
http://www.willowayfarm.com

Katie_Rosenzweig
Nov. 6, 2002, 07:42 PM
haha wow, i just read the majority of this thread (scanned it..) and lighten up everyone! who really cares what everyone has and what they don't. it was a simple question. i will deff. admit i have a lot, but not as much as other ppl i have seen and im soooo incredibly greatful for what i get! it's fun and that's all that matters! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~*~Rosey~*~
Who's That
Picasso
Code of Honor
Mikhail
http://www.willowayfarm.com

Medievalist
Nov. 6, 2002, 08:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HN73:
I'm a PRINCESS---and its got NOTHING to do with how much crap I have.

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

"Its not the years, its the mileage." -Indiana Jones<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'M A PRINCESS TOO HN73!!!!!!

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
Check out my barn's site:
Centre Equestre de la Houssaye (http://www.eii.fr/club/houssaye)
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
"Je retournerai dans un mois. Galope Cannabis, galope!" -Jamel Debbouze

caffeinated
Nov. 7, 2002, 04:53 AM
2 pairs of TS hand me down breeches
2 GP jackets (on sale! wheee!!!)
Elite field boots
CO helmet (navy blue hampton!)
Bit collection (lost count)
a weanling halter
two yearling halters (one in triple stitched leather)
bag of oats
bag of 16% sweet feed
courbette alpina saddle (for now, LOL)

and one ridiculously cute 5 month old colt, from canada, bought for $800 /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Everything else I do involves other peoples' stuff.

Used courbette saddle... 600 dollars
Borrowed horse and tack for the show.... nothin...
warm snuffles from cute baby foal... priceless!

/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1309577&uid=489204

edit: and the fact that I afford this stuff on my own without my mom helping is a definite plus. I take a lot more pride in my stuff than a lot of people who have very expensive things and multiple horses that their parents helped with. ANd the years of working hard for what I have have made me a much better person, too. In that sense, hellz ya I'm royalty. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

**and people say gov't employees are useless... HA!**

mounted montey
Nov. 7, 2002, 11:31 AM
I'm defininetly NO hunter Princess....
I have the following

1. Tall black Boots that are hand me downs from a rider that doesn't ride anymore.
2.a few thin pads that I found in a tack sale....One one nice thick show pad (I think that i's a Roma) and let's see here.....I have a few shcooling pads that my aunt monogrammed on the sewing machine...Only becuase the trainner wanted them to be like that in his barn...(read on the post that talks about why do trainners need everything to match in thier barn)
3. 2 Dover white shirts (also no monogrammed collors)
4. Dover coat (plain blue, stripped nothing fancy)
5. plain off course fawn colored breeches with a hole that's been patched up on the leg. And one white pair of full seated (Off course) for showing
6. a saddle that was handed down to me...it used a lot by a rider that used to be at our barn. It's ok but really worn out, for 150 dollors.!
7. They only thing that I have nice are our polo schooling shirts that have our names on them.
8. Polo socks that I made myself on the sewing machine. And tack carrying bags I made too.

I'm the cheap princess~ LOL!

~can you do this...?~

TakeNote
Nov. 7, 2002, 11:50 AM
Well i dont think this goes to princess level but im happy with what i have. this is my list:

2 wonderful horses
1 butet
konag (spelling?) boots
custom coat and boot bag
custon trunk cover comming
Charles Owens hampton hat
1 blue Eq. jacket
5 shirts 2 new colors (thanks to Emily Ash. of Va beach)
2 bevel pads
one look like bevel pad for scholing
8 monogramed baby pads for schooling
my own trailer w/ truck
and my own Driver groom and bill payer MOM!

i dont know about you guys but im pretty darn happy with what i have. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

carribean
Nov. 7, 2002, 04:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Chanel*:

and 2 pin striped white shirts dunno brand (all with monagrammed collars - thank god!)

-TONS of crops...most all leather, if not, I save
them for schooling only

-Ariat Half Chaps (Cheapies..Oh well /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

don't have an eq horse yet /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Well I did but it went lame so now we're looking again

-Horse & Pony worth 75k+ /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
--------------------
Ashlyn
*Chanel*
~Sephora~<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, honey, but your post pissed me (and others) off in about 500 ways, I'll just name a few, though.

1. Yes. THANK THE LORD that your collars are monagrammed, because he would come down from the clouds and smote you if they weren't.

2. Hell yeah! You'd get last if you used a crop that WASN'T leather. Pff. Save that shit, plastic crop for schooling. Eww. Never mind! Just throw it away!

3. BTW, Ariat half- chaps arent cheap AT ALL. Try $100, unless that's cheap to you or something?

4. Geez. Your horse went lame.. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ugh. I am so unfortunate. My stupid eq horse went lame, so I have to get another one. Geez. I am so deprived.

I'm sorry if this sounded mean-spirited, but you are really really fortunate to have all of the stuff you've got, and it sounded like you wrote this in a supercilious fashion, like, oh, "$100, not expensive enough for me, and if I don't get this shirt monagrammed soon, I'm going to SCREAM! And this BETTER have been drycleaned!"

I'm just saying, it's people who act in condescending manners and flaunt their belongings- they give the H/J world a bad name. And I'm not just talking about Chanel.

**anna**
*~Proud Founder of the H/J Paints Clique~*

DreamBigEq37
Nov. 7, 2002, 06:22 PM
this whole thread was makin me feel that way, but I was trying really hard not to post!

All of you people are so lucky!

hmmm.... my hunter princessdom:

I have one horse (mind you, not anywhere NEAR 75,000)
That I love to death more than anything in the world, and I have a blast riding him!! That's what matters, huh? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

*~*~Lauryn*~*~*~
&lt;3 Justice Served &lt;3
&lt;3 Nip N Tuck &lt;3

SuperSpike
Nov. 7, 2002, 06:40 PM
My, my, my!

I just worry about anyone who posts all of their belongings on a BB...wouldn't a true HP just respect herself, and not feel the need to flaunt was she has?

After all, she'd be WAY above that!

*You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time. -Bob Marley

Anne
Nov. 7, 2002, 06:53 PM
I'm with SuperSpike.

Class and money don't always go together.

Custom Needlepoint Belts (http://www.freewebs.com/belts)

Fiction
Nov. 7, 2002, 09:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carribean:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Chanel*:

don't have an eq horse yet /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Well I did but it went lame so now we're looking again

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, honey, but your post pissed me (and others) off in about 500 ways, I'll just name a few, though.

4. Geez. Your horse went lame.. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ugh. I am so unfortunate. My stupid eq horse went lame, so I have to get another one. Geez. I am so deprived.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) I don't see why people insist on bringing this topic up time and time again- just let it die already

2) Carribean- I'm not commenting on the content of Chanel's post, or most of yours, but the eq horse comment kinda threw me off. I had/have the same situation as Chanel. My parents got me a nice eq horse, and it went lame. After a year off, hes doing fine, but I need a new 3'6 eq horse now. It's really not something I'd joke about. IMO, it was really upsetting, and the whole ordeal put me off for about a year, on getting another eq horse.
I didn't have anything to say about any of the other comments, but I just feel that you could have not ripped on Chanel for the eq horse comment.- jmho

-----
This is not a true story
-----

[This message was edited by Fiction on Nov. 08, 2002 at 12:21 AM.]

*dead*
Nov. 7, 2002, 09:11 PM
I agree with Fiction.

I think this thread seems to have been made to compare what everyone has, and see what a true hunter princess has. I don't think anyone should feel bad because they don't have some of these things, but fortunate that they do have the things they have.

Here's mine. I don't care if you hate it.

Pessoa A/O
2 girths (one fleece lined leather and one plain leather)
all leather crops (the plastic ones break and become very sharp)
Hadfields bridle (no martingale needed)
Beval pad but the Wilker's brand

Hadfields helmet
3 Grand Prix coats (navy, beige, grey)
4 Essex shirts (white, peach, yellow, blue)
Miller's brand like the TSs
Used Vogels

Most of this stuff was bought at tack sales, and was half the original price. I have worked hard to be able to afford all of the nice horsey stuff, and am proud of it.

H. Rastt

Greenbean
Nov. 8, 2002, 06:12 AM
wow...hahaha I guess I'm a bit dumbfounded. I suppose it is nice to have those nice things...grooms and beautiful tack trunks and what not, but I don't know...it seems a bit much. Of course I don't know anyone on this board personally...but in my 5 years experience at Fairfield I have seen many "princesses." While they have all of those nice things, most of them lack good horsemanship, VITAL horsecare knowledge that every owner should have, and most of all, and appreciation for the sport of riding itself. Don't get me wrong, in no way am I saying that having a nice saddle or horse is in ANY way a crime -- if you do you are very fortunate...all I mean to say is that many people I have seen with all of the "princess items" have lost sight of what our sport is all about.
When I started riding with Denny Emerson, everyone at the barn would tease me about my GPA, tailored sportsmans...etc, calling me a princess...(of course all in good humor!!) but I realized that every person at that barn knew more about horsecare than I did. I wonder if it's because at my previous barn I wasn't even allowed to personally pull my horse's mane...just some thoughts /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

carribean
Nov. 8, 2002, 09:53 AM
I just feel really.... poor! Compared to everyone else who have like 4 horses who are all really expensive and tons of shirts, saddles, bridles, tack trunks, I don't know, I guess I just blew up and blamed my anger on Chanel.

I thought in the fashion she posted, she was implying that she didn't care that her horse went lame, she was just going to get rid of it and get a new one, and it rubbed me the wrong way.... she probably didn't mean it like that AT ALL and I'm just a sico who is oversensitive.

I AM REALLY SORRY! I SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID THE EQ-HORSE THING THAT I SAID... SORRY CHANEL AND OTHERS /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif!

**anna**
*~Proud Founder of the H/J Paints Clique~*

Fiction
Nov. 8, 2002, 03:35 PM
Lol Carribean, don't worry about it- I wasn't trying to make you feel bad- I just thought Chanel might take it the wrong way.
I don't think you really blew up too much, and I can totally understand how you feel- compared to some of my show friends, I feel like I have nothing /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

-----
This is not a true story
-----

slainte!
Nov. 8, 2002, 04:16 PM
1 pr of TS's (bought off ebay for $50)
2 Essex shirts. one off ebay for $40 / another given to me free from the tack store i worked at
troxel grand prix gold approved hat - bought on discount....
1 miller's show coat
1 pr of OFF THE SHELF boots bought on discount.
1 pr of full suede OFF THE SHELF chaps bought from my friends tack trunk for a ridiculously cheap amount of money

never owned a horse in my life. have ridden more than i can think.

all the horse things i own, probably only worth about $1,000 or so.....

being able to get on ANY horse and get around a course of fences effectively and respectfully = god damn priceless

-Liz
"The sight of that horse did something to me I've never quite been able to explain. He was more than tremendous strength and speed and beauty of motion. He set me dreaming" - Walt Morey

PaigeHortman
Nov. 8, 2002, 05:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Katie_Rosenzweig:
ok, here i go:
5 pairs of TS (2 dont fit well)
6 coats (GP, Marigold, etc)
about 15 show shirts (Essex, Van Teal, Marigold, etc)
3 riding belts
2 saddles (i LOVE my Prestige, the other one fits young horses and ponies...its ancient lol)
2 horses (small jr hunter and jr jumper) of my own, 2 i ride for other ppl
2 blankets and 2 sheets, and a fleece liner for my thin skinned TB! hehe
2 dress coolers
1 dress sheet (for the jumper)
2 working bridles
2 show bridles
2 fuzzy leather girths
4 white nylon girths
2 leather girths (jumper)
5 sets of polos (2 black, 2 white, navy)
5 sets of eq boots (prestige, Bevel, LtD, etc.)
3 sets of italian bell boots (although one pair has small holes in them cuz i accidently left them on my shark/horse overnight /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif....big mistake lol)
Vogel custom boots
1 pair paddock boots
Journeyman's custom chaps (finally got some!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)
dozens of saddle pads (most of them won)
1 sheepskin show pad
Tack trunk FILLED (actually stuffed) w/ various cr@p
2 rain sheets
1 pair of draw reins (prestige)

k i think thats about everything ive ever owned! lol...yea im a bit spoiled (i admit it!) /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif , but ive been collecting for quite awhile!!

~*~Rosey~*~
Who's That
Picasso
Code of Honor
Mikhail
http://www.willowayfarm.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont think any real hunter princess knows how many polo's she has, if she has polo's, or if her horse goes in polo's......?????

ClemsonGraduateRider
Nov. 8, 2002, 05:54 PM
Lighten up you guys!!! this thread is meant in fun, for crying out loud, I am just as poor as the next person but I am not at all offended by what others have - you know why? Cause I don't feel like I need all that stuff to be good, just cause i have some of it and don't have the rest doesn't mean I am going to flame the people who have put their belongings on here. I am not insecure enough to get all pissy about a fun thread that was not meant to be taken seriously in the first place.

LIGHTEN UP, life isn't fair get over it!

- - - - - -

Britney
Nov. 8, 2002, 08:31 PM
I'm sorry, I normally wouldn't take this type of thing all that light heartedly, but, I KNOW I am no HP(Besides, I do the Jumpers), but honestly, If I have a job and buy Tailored Sportsmans, Grand Prix Coats, a bunch of Essex's shirts, etc. How will that make me any more or less of a rider? I'm sure everyone who is fortunate enough to have all they have is very greatful and I don't think they should be ostracized for it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif So, on that note, I guess I'll give it a go:

- One absolutely amazing horse who I will NEVER sell. OTTB. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
-Collegiate Connesieur Saddle, Plain flap, no knee roll.
-1 leather girth, 1 roma equilizer girth
-2 pairs reins. 1 braided, 1 rubber
-Thornhill plain raised flash bridle.
-2 non-elastic breastplates, 1 elastic breastcollar.
-1 non-leather crop
-1 pair prince of wales spurs
-3 baby pads. all white with navy,burgandy & silver trim. various other square pads.
-real sheepskin half-pad
-fancy ear net navy w/ burgandy & silver piping
-1 pair cheap leather open fronts
- 1 set of weatherbeeta gel tech open front & ankle boot
-1 pair Italian pull-on gum bell boots
-2 pairs polos. Hunter, Royal.
-1 Fancy stitched leather halter with nose and crown piece fleeces
-1 Beaufort Olive coat
-1 Pale Horse Cranberry shirt(unmonogrammed /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)
-1 pair schooling breeches, 1 pair cotton natural side-zips
-1 pair Elite Field Boots
-1 pair crochet back gloves
-1 ATH
Hmm.. I think that's pretty much it.. I'm obviously not going to list everything I own. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

--------------------
Britney L. Pelletier
~*Rush Hour*~
*Children's Jumper Clique*Thoroughbred Clique*NH Clique*

hifi
Nov. 8, 2002, 09:14 PM
I think this thread for me is to be (me) grateful for the great stuff I am able to get. I work really hard for that stuff, alot of overtime. I work equally as hard at my riding. I don't try to hide bad riding by having a bunch of nice things. I guess I am trying to fit in and blend with the crowd. I am not one upping anyone, I merely enjoy shopping and looking good and having fun with shirts and monograms and coats. I spend as much on the unglamarous stuff like feed and shoing and vet supplies. I think this is just a fun thread so it's best not to take it seriouslu at all.

Poindexter, may he rest in peace.
www.melodicfarms.com (http://www.melodicfarms.com)
www.touchdownfarms.com (http://www.touchdownfarms.com)

SBT
Nov. 8, 2002, 09:28 PM
...wouldn't know how much horse stuff (polos, pads, blankets, etc.) she owns. If you asked her, she'd probably say, "I don't know. The barn gets all that stuff and they just put it on the bill that my parents pay every month." /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

While talking to nyc_rider yesterday at Hunterdon, she told me that a certain big-name junior rider is flown (yes, FLOWN) via helicopter from the city to Hunterdon for lessons. Her pilot has special permission to land in a field next door. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Now THAT is spoiled! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif (Not that I'd argue if it were me...but then, you'd have to drug me to get me in a helicopter, and then I'd be too incoherent to ride. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

~Sara /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

"If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bull." -Bart Simpson

Member of the Dirt Divers 78th Airborne Unit, ATH Squadron

Dragoon
Nov. 9, 2002, 09:22 AM
Britney got the Olive coat, YAY!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

From the law offices of Dewey, Cheetem, and Howe.

Britney
Nov. 9, 2002, 11:10 AM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

--------------------
Britney L. Pelletier
~*Rush Hour*~
*Children's Jumper Clique*Thoroughbred Clique*NH Clique*