PDA

View Full Version : New dressage saddle- attn: Stubben gurus can you help me figure out the serial #?

GoGrnRideIrish
May. 10, 2012, 07:32 PM
Could anyone help me figure out the numbers under the flap on my Stubben Tristan (just purchased it from a friend used)- it's 2670518 and then 28 is listed under those #s. I know it's an 18 in. seat. Is the 28 the tree size? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks! :D

Tasker
May. 10, 2012, 07:34 PM
Not an expert but my instinct (which will be confirmed when I go to the barn tomorrow and check our Stubbens) says the 28 is your tree size. The serial numbers last 2 digits are the seat size. I think.

GoGrnRideIrish
May. 10, 2012, 07:44 PM
That's what I was figuring too. Do any of the first few number correlate to the year manufactured? Just trying to pin down when the saddle was made since it really doesn't even have rubs from stirrup leathers. It looks like it might have been ridden in 5 or 6 time total. The panels are wool flocked. Is that fairly common for Stubbens (I have never owned one)?

Tasker
May. 10, 2012, 07:48 PM
Email Stubben (http://www.stubbennorthamerica.com/stubbencontact.php) - their customer service is great! info@stubbennorthamerica.com

GoGrnRideIrish
May. 10, 2012, 07:52 PM
Will do! Thanks for the contact info :)

candysgirl
May. 10, 2012, 09:23 PM
The first number is your serial number. It won't really tell you much. Stubben generally won't look up serial numbers. Buddy Baird will, however, tell you all about the saddle if you send him a picture at the aforementioned email address.

The 28 is your tree size = 28cm which is one of the more narrow Stubbens.