PDA

View Full Version : knee position on saddle

colorfan
May. 10, 2012, 01:16 PM
Could someone tell me where my knee should be at the knee roll?
On a saddle I recently tried out the seat felt fine but my knee, while not over the knee roll was nearly at the bottom of the roll.

Did that make sense? I think my knee should meet the knee roll closer to the middle of the roll.
A one size bigger seat would allow for more leg room(I think):confused:

And while we are at it what about the flap length? The flap came to about 1/3 of the way down my calf. That seems ok but where should it be ideally?

There is so much info out there about how a saddle should fit the horse but I can't find much about how the saddle should fit the rider.

DottieHQ
May. 10, 2012, 09:41 PM
As far as flap length, most tack shops will tell you that as long as the flap isn't catching the top of your boot, the flap is an ok length. Obviously if it's too long, it's too long but it's really not too short until the top of your boot starts catching on the saddle. I guess the rest is really just preference. I prefer a shorter flap because I have stubby calves :sadsmile:. It's funny though cause my saddle is really better for people with long legs, but my thigh is the perfect length for it (my calves...not so much).
Hope this helps