PDA

View Full Version : Training Blog To Aid in Sale?

displacedyank
May. 8, 2012, 10:14 PM
Ok, question for all you DQ's out there. I'm a former Preliminary level event professional turned dressage rider (yep, you guessed it...I just don't bounce like I used to!). Anyway, long story short. I have a fabulous young horse that I am trying to market and sell. What are your thoughts on my idea of keeping and posting a "training blog" on her progress (would be posted and updated on my website as well as updated links to any ads that I have of her). I don't think this is common in the dressage world, but then again I may be wrong? What would you guys think as far as overall opinion of this? I would love to hear your opinion. I just think it's hard to only use showing as a marker for a young horse, as that is simply just a "snapshot" in time. I supposed that is true for any horse really, but especially since it seems like the young ones make a lot of progress in a relatively short amount of time. I am not opposed to taking her out to shows, but this blog would sort of supplement any showing that I did with her. All comments and suggestions would be welcome!