PDA

View Full Version : I think it's time... Let's Meet, Part IV

Erin
Aug. 27, 2001, 05:35 PM
Oh my goodness, unless the search feature is failing me, the last time we did this was in October 2000. It's definitely time for a new Let's Meet thread!

(If you need to catch up, you can read Let's Meet, part 3 (http://chronofhorse.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=691099205&f=602099205&m=419097905), and find links to parts 1 and 2 there as well.)

I've posted this before, but what the hey... I'll get everyone started. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'm 27 (for another month), live in Annapolis, Md., and work for VetCentric (http://www.vetcentric.com), an online animal health care magazine as a reporter. Before that, I was the Chronicle's West Coast correspondent in Arizona, and before that, I was an editorial staffer in the Middleburg office.

I have three beasties -- Chief, a 9-year-old (going on 3-year-old) OTTB who's eventing BN/Novice this fall; Rocky, a 24-year-old TB/App, now retired; and Bingo, a 34-year-old Appy pony I inheirited back from my parents in April, when our other pony had to be put down. And I also have a cranky 15-plus-year-old cat named Gus, who I found living under the porch of a house I rented in Upperville several years ago.

I've evented through prelim and am a B Pony Clubber. Other than horses, I'm into music and watching sports (football and basketball). Although since the horse family has multiplied, I haven't had much time for either... or anything else, truth be told. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

If that's not enough dirt for ya, check my webpage: http://www.geocities.com/~eharty .

There... not so hard, is it? All right lurkers, come on out!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Pirateer
Aug. 27, 2001, 05:42 PM
Im not a lurker, but here goes:

My name is Rebecca, I am 17, and a seniopr in high school. next fall i will (hopefully) be going to Virginia Intermont.

I have 2 lil darlings.

Pirateer(ratface) a 9 yr old bay tb gelding. he's a spazoid. He likes refusing. its training time.
and...
Clementine, a 17 yr old bay tb/QH mare, who is wonderful, and packs my a$$ around when I need a confidence builder. SHe knows everything, and will let you know that she knows everything. Don't tell her what to do.

I do the Children's Hunters/Jumpers, and 14-17 Equitation. Last yr I did Long STirrup stuff, and was 2nd in zone 12 in Eq.

Rebecca and Clementine "Clem" 17 yr old bay QH/TB mare.

"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?
http://www.virtue.nu/pirateer/home.html

Indy
Aug. 27, 2001, 05:51 PM
Dude! I'm actualy not burried in the bottom of this post like I usualy get /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Sorry, small things excite me.

Lets see....I'm 20 (I'll be 21 in 2 days 2 hours and 17 minutes....can you tell that I'm counting?), and a college Senior from the good ol' state of Indiana (where there is more than corn). I'm a European History major, with a Russian Studies/Russian Language minor (I'm not weird, I'm eclectic /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ).

Due to school, I'm currently horseless. However, I spend the summers riding and playing at a wonderful pony barn in FL. I concitter all of the critters down there mine, since they've been part of my life for two years. And hopefuly, by the end of the year I'll have a fabulously successful job doing something that will pay enough for me to bring one of "my" ponies up to IN to be with me full time.

So, that's about it. Now it's time for me to return to my regularly scheduled program that includes reading an exceptionaly dull text book about the history of England before the 5th century. Aren't you jealous??

Rockford
Aug. 27, 2001, 06:11 PM
Ok, well I didn't read the previous threads, but I think I get the idea...

My name is Megan (I feel like I'm in AA here). Let's see, I live in South Carolina and I'm a junior in highschool...I'm homeschooling this year, which I've never done before but its ok so far. I show my horse Rockford in the younger large juniors and big eq. He's a 7 yr old bay 17.1h Hanoverian. He's like a big dog- the sweetest horse I've ever met! I'm also showing a horse in the children's jumpers named Bring On Da Funk, LOL. 'Funky' is also a 7 yr old bay gelding, and he's a lotta fun!

Well, that's about all you guys need to know about me /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

(edited cause, when reading the old threads, I realized that I had not bragged on my horse as much as everybody else /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif j/k j/k)

[This message was edited by Rockford on Aug. 27, 2001 at 09:36 PM.]

ErinB
Aug. 27, 2001, 06:14 PM
Hmmm let's see. My name's Erin (hah hah, no way! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif ), I'm 16, and I live in north central florida (land of the giant grasshoppers). I hate where I live and want to move to NC or the U.K. or Montana!

I have 3 horses but I'm not really riding right now. I am a junior in high school and I got an A on my social studies quiz today. Just thought I'd share that.

More info can be found at my website: www.virtue.nu/sugabebe/index.htm (http://www.virtue.nu/sugabebe/index.htm)

~*~
See What Mood I'm In at iMood.com! (http://www.imood.com/query.cgi?email=tricolorgriffen@yahoo.com)
To be is to do (Aristotle)
To do is to be (Plato)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)

Louise
Aug. 27, 2001, 06:27 PM
but, I love these threads.

I'm 53 - so am undoubtedly one of the olders on this forum. I got into riding late, mid-thirties, and have kicked myself I don't know how many times for waiting so long. I work at a company that makes equipment for hospitals, and have worked there for 25 years. I like it most of the time, but then there are days!!!

I have two horses, both retired.

Promise (Guilt Trip) is the first horse I ever bought. She is 18 now, and I have had her since she was four. She is a TB, and a kinder and more loving animal you will never meet. She cracked her pelvis when she was 5 and didn't heal well, so she has been a pasture ornament ever since.

Stormy (Red Storm)is 26 now and retired because he has navicular syndrome and recurrent seedy toe. He is a Polish Warmblood, and is a big clown. He has done many things in his life, from high jumpers, to hunters, and, when he came to me, he did a very credible of hauling me around at the lower levels of dressage.

I also have two cats - Becky and Marissa. They are two calico ladies who are the loves of my life. I got them from Silly Mommy, and I include her in my prayers every night for giving me such wonderful company.

Well, that's me, what about you?

Ben and Me
Aug. 27, 2001, 06:32 PM
Hello. My name is Lilly and I'm addicted to the COTH. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyways, I have a bay, 10 year old, 16.3h TB gelding named Pete, or Wishful Thinking. I've been doing a lot of wishful thinking lately-maybe I should change his name? LOL! I started riding when I was 5, but have loved horses since the day I was born. I even trained my dog (Ellie May, a yellow lab) to jump when my parents said that I wasn't old enough for a pony.

I got my first pony when I was 10. His name was Domino and he was a brown and white pinto large gelding who was totally incapable of doing lead changes. I did him in Young Entry and then Short Stirrup until I outgrew him and got my horse, Ben. Ben was an appendix QH gelding, 15 years old and the perfect horse to move from a pony onto. He was calm and sweet, and a total confidence builder-until he fractured his hock and was never really sound again. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif So, I traded him back to my trainer and got my darling Petey boy. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm a sophomore in highschool and I live in Raleigh, NC even though I'll be going to school (starting Tuesday) in Alexandria, VA.

I show mostly on the C circuit in the 3'3 Junior/Amateur Hunters. When I make my occaisional venture to an A show, I do the Younger Childrens...Hopefully I will be moving up to the Large Juniors soon-If I can figure out what is going on with my horse... Ugh! I also do a little bit of equitation when I get the chance-but mostly little stuff like 12-14, the State Line, and a few local medals.

I'm going to be a doctor when I grow up and have the only hunter farm in Wyoming. I plan on being the next Dr. Quinn type and marrying my cowboy! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I plan on going to Indio in the winter and heading down to Lake Tahoe for the HITS series down there. Hunters in Wyoming is possible-although the cowboy thinks I should try barrel racin! LOL!

I LOVE Tim Mcgraw-and pretty much all country music. Its good stuff! I also play soccer.

Well, thats about it y'all... /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

"And sometimes I don't know why this old world can't leave well enough alone" ~Tim Mcgraw

WHOA!
Aug. 27, 2001, 06:35 PM
Howdy, my name's Rachel, I have one horse--the notorious Big Whitey, aka Sam-- that I showed in the AA's. I love him more than anything in the world; unfortunately he's in Va with my mom while I rot in graduate school in Indiana. I got a B.S. in Animal Sciences at Va Tech (Hokies rule, Cavaliers suck!) and am working on a PhD in reproductive physiology/developmental biology at Purdue. Right now I'm not really showing since grad school has taken over my life like a giant, blood-sucking amoeba, but I'm riding with a couple of great trainers up here and am getting to ride some fun ponies, so I can't complain too much I guess. I have two kitties, the Dumpster Diva and Spike, who are charming and maniacal in about equal proportions.

Lovely to meet y'all.

Midge
Aug. 27, 2001, 06:41 PM
I'm 42, married, no kids. I started riding at age 11 and Louise, I used to kick myself for not starting sooner! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif After facing economic facts, I became an instructor/trainer for several years, held an 'r' for several years and have now been a braider for even MORE years!

Midge is a ten year old 15.2 ch TB mare I purchased this spring after 13 years out of the tack. I feel like an alcoholic who has fallen off the wagon. Midge raced for six years, had a baby, lost a baby and is now attempting life as a hunter. I'll let you know...

I also have two Corgis and a Siberian Husky who was a rescue off the side of the road.

Beezer
Aug. 27, 2001, 06:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Louise:

I'm 53 - so am undoubtedly one of the olders on this forum.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, Merry! Someone's older than YOU!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Said as only a YOUNGER sister can say it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Let's see ... my "real" name is Jill and I'm an editor at a "major metropolitan newspaper." Merry and I have been "into" horses since forever; we raised, started and sold warmbloods for years after our junior years, but now that we've reached that certain age, we're down to the keepers. Merry tends to show hunters and eq; I tend to do the jumpers -- which is a good thing, because even after all these years, we are still quite competitive with each other. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif (Though I will admit, Merry is and always has been the better rider.) Thanks to our QHSM ("Queen of the Horse Show Moms") and our long-suffering father, we have our own small place.

My screen name is an homage to my junior/young amateur horse who became the first resident of our ranchette and lived out his days there. A better friend a teenager never had. I still miss him terribly. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I've "met" a lot of wonderful people here on this BB. Here's to meeting many more!

****Bulletin Board Goddess****

Natalie
Aug. 27, 2001, 06:46 PM
Hi all! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

My name is Natalie, and I'm a 16 year old girl who lives in MD. I will be a junior in high school when I go back next week /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif . I don't have a horse, but I usually get to lease. If not, I can usually beg a ride. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I'm not showing right now....might go back to the local unrateds next season. I have a beagle named Goldie and a kitten named Sydney. I guess that's it....not much to tell. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

"Throw your heart over the fence and your horse will follow."

Applesauce
Aug. 27, 2001, 06:59 PM
My name is Courtney and I'm 31. (Yikes!!! Where has the time gone??) I'm married and my husband and I have a small farm in central Virginia...the coolest place to live if you have horses.

/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Anyhoo, I'm a police officer by night and an equestrian by day. I have 2 horses right now. A 4 year old Dutch WB/TB cross named Caleb and a 7 year old QH named Jax. I just started showing Caleb this summer and by his 3rd show he was winning his first ribbons. I'm so proud. He's my A/O prospect and eventually my Working prospect. Jax is what I call my boy-toy. He's my low level hunter and a solid 3'0"-3'3" horse. I'm planning on doing some adult equitation with him.

I've been a relatively active poster here for over a year and am the QUEEN of killing threads! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Don't know how I do it, but I do! Sorry Erin, not trying to bring up an old thread but.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I love meeting people from this BB and have already met some really cool folks.

Disclaimer: I only WORK for UVa....I'm not a student NOR a fan!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

~Courtney~

MsRidiculous
Aug. 27, 2001, 07:12 PM
Here we go!

My name is Amanda, I'm 18 years old, and own a 13 year old TB gelding. He did some jumpers before I got him, at one point way back in the day he was a racehorse, and I'm beginning to think he might have actually evented (if theres water around, he'll go out of his way to walk through it). I'm a hunter/eq rider turned jumper rider turned eventer. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I'm just getting into eventing and I'm leaving TX in about a week, week and a half to be a working student for Natalie Compton (now Hollis) in Sykesville, MD at Waters Edge Farm (http://www.watersedgefarmllc.com) . I know my horse will do the stadium part and so far he's been VERY enthusiastic about every kind of xc jump I've been brave enough to point him at (including absolutely no hesitation going up and down a bank... what a good boy!). Its just that darned dressage. No one told my horse that he can canter. He knows walk, trot, gallop. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Hmm... thats about it that I can think of... here's a pic of my boy. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-Amanda

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable."

MsRidiculous
Aug. 27, 2001, 07:14 PM
another pic of my boy. I can't help it, he's my first horse, I love him!

-Amanda

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable."

HunterJumperz
Aug. 27, 2001, 07:41 PM
Hey everyone-
My name is Jen, 25 yrs old, married (no kids unless you count the furry kind). I live in Central Florida. I ride with Marylu Gallagher at Ridge Point Training Center.

As of this time I am HORSELESS, but NOT PONYLESS LOL. I own a small hunter pony who takes all of my money. Hate to see what happens when I get a horse, and I start to show myself /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif You can all see my pony here : http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/Ridgepoint/etchasketch.html

I am fairly new here, but I am having a great time!!!

Jen
hunterjumperz@aol.com
www.angelfire.com/fl4/Ridgepoint (http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/Ridgepoint)

Heidi
Aug. 27, 2001, 07:52 PM
Thought I'd throw a little intrigue into the mix... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

35, SAHM of three, all of whom will be abandoning her come September; even my lovely Last Emperor, aka Sumo Toddler, is venturing off to Kindergarten next week, leaving me to roam about a house without children, musing to myself, 'damn, if I could drive, I'd be riding right now'. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Thankfully, my 16 mos. old black Lab will remain at home to lick my toes and beg for treats.

Worked for a decade in the entertainment industry; started to ride with my husband, "Hans", and then-6-year-old daughter, at 30, at a lousy barn in Oakville, Ontario. Infected by the horsey bug from the get-go and our interests remain (as owner, hehe, not a rider) in jumpers.

Am mostly a fearful rider who, please, please, please, schedule permitting, attempts to combat the fears by climbing aboard a lovely TB jumper who indulges my nonsensical fears.

Current Life Contemplations include kicking the nicotine habit and a return to the Working World so that I may pee in peace.

LaurieB
Aug. 27, 2001, 08:03 PM
My name is Laurie (obviously /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ). I'm 49 and I write mystery novels.

I rode a great deal as a child but had to stop when I went to college (no money /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ). Due to various circumstances, I didn't get to start riding again until three years ago when I got a palomino Welsh Pony. I have since progressed to a young, green TB mare named Tess. We're currently showing in Long Stirrup in the Georgia local circuit.

AAJumper
Aug. 27, 2001, 08:06 PM
My turn! I'm Michelle, I'm 31, married to a firefighter, and live in the greater Los Angeles area. I started riding in my sophomore year at UCLA with a trainer who let me groom in exchange for lessons....wow...that was 13 years ago!!! My then boyfriend, now husband, half leased a horse for me for a month for Christmas and the rest is history! Now I have a TB jumper named Cypress and we do the AA jumpers, and have the most fun when we get to go on the grass (a luxury here in So.CA).

During the day I slave away as a civil engineer among dorky men to pay for my riding habit, which seems to keep getting worse!!!

I have loads of pics on my website at http://members.aol.com/dilberta99/dilberta.html

Ben and Me
Aug. 27, 2001, 08:17 PM
LaurieB and HunterJumperz-Y'all both have the cutest horses/ponies! I want them both! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

"And sometimes I don't know why this old world can't leave well enough alone" ~Tim Mcgraw

Tootsie
Aug. 27, 2001, 08:23 PM
Hey! My name is Karen and I am 18 and just beginning college this fall. I come from Northern Virginia, but right now at school I am more out towards West Virginia. I have a 15 year old TB Gelding "Murphy" who, back in March, decieded he wanted the year off so he hurt himself. While he might not be the sharpest tool in the shed sometimes, he is my baby and there is no possible way I could live without him right now. He lives about 20 min away from school, so I drive out everyday to see him and ride him because he is just beginning his recovery. Murphy and I event together. We did novice and training last year and kicked some serious butt. I was going to move up to Prelim last spring, but as I said before Murphy had other plans. Over the summer I was a working student for my instuctor, and since my horse lives at her place, I hope to work there a bit when I am at school. This fall I am going to try to take a sale horse around training level. I say try because I have been having some confidence issues over the summer that devoped because my horse had been off and I had nothing to ride. Well, thats me in a nuttshell, just one more thing....

Cool Beans!!!
(I love saying that)

No locker room speeches. No playbooks. No contracts or free agents. Not even a word spoken between teammates. Doesn't that make it the greatest of all team sports?

HunterJumperz
Aug. 27, 2001, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ben & Me:
LaurieB and HunterJumperz-Y'all both have the cutest horses/ponies! I want them both! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

You can "have" mine /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif She is shall I say.....available.
/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jen
hunterjumperz@aol.com
www.angelfire.com/fl4/Ridgepoint (http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/Ridgepoint)

Merry
Aug. 27, 2001, 08:48 PM
Like my younger sister, Beezer (whom I could never seem to kill off by using our pony as a weapon) /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I've ridden pretty much all my life. I guess my forte has always been equitation, but nowadays that's getting kind of embarrassing, since, yes, I'm 46 and my competitors just seem to keep getting younger and younger. They're all the children I never had!

When I was younger, I was supposed to be the next great American novelist. Then I had several years of professional counseling, and that squelched THAT creative spark, LOL! I am a former schoolteacher (yes, that's what's wrong with today's youth). For the past decade I've been working steadily as a freelance writer. In my spare time I antagonize my sister. Don't believe her when she claims I'm trying-- once again-- to kill her off by making her ride the baby greenies at home. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

"Charter Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group of North America"

jreventer
Aug. 27, 2001, 08:51 PM
Let's see I am an 18 yr old sophmore at unc majoring in biology with plans of going on to vet school. my family owns seven horses/ponies but I am owner/in charge of most of them...we mostly foxhunt and event but all of our horses do a variety of things.
i have laurel an eighteen yr old tb/arab who has evented through training and done some jumpers.
oliver is my four yr old tb/qh and my future event horse who right is foxhunting and trail riding.
lady is a three yr old qh pony I have for sell; i bought her last fall, broke her, and have done some hunter shows with her.
dusty is my mom's new hunt horse, a five yr old qh cross who i am eventing some this fall at pre novice and novice. we also have a 27 yr old appy mare my mom still hunts, a three yr old welsh mare, and a three yr old pony gelding.
in addition we have several cats and dogs...i work for my vet during the summer and on breaks...that's about all:)

"There are times when you can trust a horse, time when you can't, and times when you have to."

Weatherford
Aug. 27, 2001, 11:46 PM
I am a writer and composer currently living in Ireland.

I have entirely too many horses - a retiree (Weatherford) and a jumper/eq horse for sale in the States, and a bunch of youngsters here in Ireland.

They can be seen at www.photopoint.com (http://www.photopoint.com) using my email addy as the album dirobdennis@juno.com.

KellyS
Aug. 28, 2001, 04:15 AM
Hi, my name is Kelly and I am a 22 year old senior in college. My major is equine science with a specialization in business.

My two equines are Rocky and Chrissy.

Rocky is a 13 year old, 16.3, gray Quarter Horse gelding. We competed in the side saddle division at AHSA shows and did such funs things as compete at indoors and march in the 2001 Presidential Inaugural Parade! Now he is retired from the show ring and putzes around at the college in the equine program. He is very content with his retirement :-)

Chrissy is a 15 year old, 15.3, bay Thoroughbred/Clydesdale mare. We compete in Novice Level eventing and have a blast! She is not really mine, but her owner basically lets me think she is! She has been my project since she had no eventing background when I started riding her a year ago. However, now she is an eventing super star!

There is also Oliver and Traveler, my fiance's two horses who he events/evented. Olly being the baby and Trav the old man. And there's Moses, our cat, who lives in the lap of luxury - he wouldn't have it any other way.

Anyway, it's great meeting all of you and your horses! It's about time we had formal introductions again :-)

msj
Aug. 28, 2001, 04:39 AM
Hi, I'm Susan (msj)and am probably the grandmother on the board at 55, pushing 56 really fast! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I have a small farm with 2 horses. One, Chocolate, is a retired 14 yr old QH, that only a mother could love. Dennis the Menace is a more appropriate name for him. He is a lovely pasture ornament and a good companion horse to my other horse, Tiger Bay (T-Bay).

T-Bay is a 9 yr old ottb, who is now on his 3rd career. He started as a race horse, became a successful training level event horse under the tutalege of an awesome trainer from NJ, and is now trucking this little grey-haired lady around.

I don't show anymore but can live vicariously thru others in competition. I do a lot of volunteer work at Horse Trials in my area. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

msj

dogchushu
Aug. 28, 2001, 04:59 AM
Hello all. My name is Kris, I'm 34, soon to be 35 (groan), and I live just north of Baltimore. In my professional life, I'm a marketing manager in downtown Bmore. No kids, no hubby, but I do have two GREAT shelties: Maddy and Strut.

I started riding just about 2 1/2 years ago when I finally had the time and resources to do so. I'd always wanted to ride, but had never actually sat on a horse (nope, not even pony rides at the fair). I found out this sport is a LOT more difficult than I thought (I find out daily just how uncoordinated I am), but also a LOT more fun.

I have a sweet 9-year-old, grey, OTTB mare named Cassie who's lazy and broke to death and more than happy to take care of a nervous, beginner rider as long as I keep her in golden delicious apples.

I got Cassie last September, so we're getting ready to celebrate 1 year together. Keeping her has meant giving up the cleaning lady, canceling the lawn service, pushing the car to make it through one more year (though it really should be replaced), setting the thermostat in the "barely tolerable" region, and foregoing new clothes and fancy vacations. But I love it. I can honestly say I'm happier having her in my life than I've ever been before.

VTrider
Aug. 28, 2001, 05:12 AM
Female - 22

I am a piece of white trash from Clarke County, Virigina...

2000 graduate of Virginia Tech....

work in Finance...

show in the Younger A/Os...

take pride in making Sea Urchin's life a living hell...

I show best when Moesha is there to give me a motivational speech...

DMK is cool, but I don't like it when her FL friends come show in VA.

Colin will be winning the Younger A/A Championship on my horse at the Middleburg Classic on September 21st. Just an FYI.

I have a mega-hot boyfriend named Chad (that name alone is sexy, eh?) that I haven't seen in 5 weeks, so I am like a female dog in heat right now /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

geckoUBC
Aug. 28, 2001, 06:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
I have a mega-hot boyfriend named Chad (that name alone is sexy, eh?) that I haven't seen in 5 weeks, so I am like a female dog in heat right now /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK VTRider we SO did not have to know that!
/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Anyways I spent a long time typing my little "Let's Meet" thing just to have my computer spaz.. so you'll have to wait to here about my extremely exciting (ha) life. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Aleesha

Hopes And Dreams
Aug. 28, 2001, 06:15 AM
and I am a 16 year old senior in high school in VA. I own a 5 year old, very green 14.3hh /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Morgan gelding named Vinny. (reg. name- W-B Divine) I am training him to do low level dressage, and hopefully he will soon start his over fences training. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif He is quite a funny little guy. He has a wonderful, puppy dog personality, and is very smart. He does have a "pony mentality" /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif He is a gorgeous chestnut w/ a long, wavy mane and tail, and a big star. I wish my scanner was working- I'd post a pic of him!
My first horse was a 14 (now 17) year old 15.3hh grey TB mare. Before we got her she had been barrel raced /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif and b/c of that came w/ some bad habits. She was also pregnant when we bought her!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Now my younger sister owns her, and is soon going to compete her in the jumpers and BN eventing. Her training has progressed rather slowly due to several things, and she currrently has an absess. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
I have been riding for 8+ years, and I love it!(duh!) /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I love all animals, and have 2 dogs, a 12 yr old Yorkie named Barney, and a 5 mth old Husky/German shepard named Roxy. Wow- this was longer than I expected!! Sorry!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AlyssaC

Nickelodian
Aug. 28, 2001, 06:25 AM
Hello! My name is Anna, I am a 22 year old owner of two TBs. Carson (for sale) and Sierra (eternally, or so it seems, lame). Once upon a time I campaigned the 'A' circuit in children's but after selling that horse, have been happy in our local circuit. I graduated from the University of Texas in Dec, 00 and now work for Accenture (formally Andersen Consulting). I have a boyfriend of 4 years, and yes we've thought about marraige, and no, I'm not ready yet!!!!

Here is my gelding.....(its a different picture than the one I've posted a million times)

3 months down........8 to go

Nickelodian
Aug. 28, 2001, 06:29 AM
And the lame-o mare (same picture as I have posted a million times)

3 months down........8 to go

LaurieB
Aug. 28, 2001, 06:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hunterjumperz:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ben & Me:

You can "have" mine /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif She is shall I say.....available.
/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jen
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not mine! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif (But I'm glad you like her.)

With luck, I will have Tess for the next 20 years or so. After that, I figure I'll be ready for another Welsh Pony. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

hobson
Aug. 28, 2001, 06:44 AM
I'm Jen, now 32, and have been riding since age 11. Pony Club (B), dressage, eventing, games, etc. These days I have Hobson (Halo Way), a 4-year-old TB who will be doing his first baby novice schooling events this fall, and Rex (C Ty's Prince), a 15-year-old appy whom I bought as a green 6-year-old, and rode through training level eventing along with a little bit of local unrated jumpers. Rex is now happily packing a 13-year-old pony clubber around.

I live in downtown Philadelphia with Mr Hobson, a bicycle racer and political scientist. We both work at Drexel University - I'm in the International Studies & Modern Languages department, where I do student advising, recruiting, development, curriculum stuff, and sometimes get roped into teaching. We have 4 cats - Morton, the Little Hermann (who is getting his own web site to display his collection of little baubles he finds outside), and Mowzy and Bug (the last two being the still-missing ones).

Lisamarie8
Aug. 28, 2001, 06:50 AM
Well I did this a little bit ago, in June here's the link Allow myself, to introduce...myself (http://chronofhorse.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=691099205&f=1970907951&m=2363066542) I posted some pics there as well, but here's the abridged version.

I'm 28 and work as a freelance Media Director for an agency in B'more and part time I walk dogs /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I have 2 horses, Whiskey that I've had for 14 years is the LOVE of my life and my retired event horse, and Ozzy, my 2 1/2 year old who is the sweetest, most giving animal to date (minus Whiskey of course /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) I'm an Averett Graduate and have had the fabulous opportunity to ride with some fantastic people over the years. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

You can see more of my so called life at my website /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif In a Nut's Hell (http://lisamarie8.homestead.com/Home.html)

--Contrary to what most people say, the most dangerous animal in the world is not the lion or the tiger or even the elephant. It's a shark riding on an elephant's back, just trampling and eating everything they see

Lord Helpus
Aug. 28, 2001, 07:01 AM
I am Pam, and, thanks to Louise, I am NOT the oldest poster on the board. (I am close, but she is STILL older, and will always be older /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

I was fortunate enough to come from a riding family and have been riding my entire life, with 2 short breaks for career and marriage. I have had a career in advertising and I am an attorney (thankfully non-practicing at the moment).

I finally came to my senses and moved to the "Horse Capital of the World" and bought a farm where I turn OTTB's into "A" show hunters. I currently have 6, with Warren being my first and farthest along. (Most recent picture, from last week, attached) He is doing 3' with plans to go 3'6" next year. My current furry friend is named Shelby. She replaced Berkeley, the bestest doggie that ever lived.

MGR
Aug. 28, 2001, 07:09 AM
Hi, I guess I am up next. I am a 34 year old female happily married with no kids and no horses yet! I have recently taken up ridding again after a very long hiatus from a scary accident. Yet I always said it was not the horses fault but my own inexperience.

I grew up in the hustle and bustle of NYC and I still call myself a New Yorker though I now live in Jersey. Its great not dogging cabs on your way to Central Park but I do miss the excitement and life in the city. I ride or try to ride at least once a week at a nearby stable and I can say that those lessons have been my therapy and my sanctuary whenever the days get crazy which they always do.

Today I occupy myself as an attorney and a freelance writer for the local papers. I run and lift weights to keep in shape and maintain a garden that produces both fragrant flowers and small produce. Jogging by the horse farms by our new home we will see beautiful colts all the way to retired race horse giving children rides on their backs. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Not bad for a city girl /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. I love to bake and love gourmet cooking and red wine. We love to travel and our dream vacation is to ride through the castles in England on horseback. First though, I have to teach hubby to ride. But I am lucky because it is my husband who encourages me to ride.
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Maria

Sonesta
Aug. 28, 2001, 07:30 AM
I am a 45 year old lawyer in Houston, Texas. Before that I was a police officer here (hey, Big Dreams, I worked nights on the beat and went to law school during the day). I also indulge heavily in my first love and consuming passion, breeding training and showing sporthorses (mostly Hanoverian, Oldenburg and now Knabstruppers - the first ones in North America!). I also stand a black Polish Arabian stallion for a client and handle all her mares and foals from him. I currently have 28 horses and 7 due for spring '02!

We train and show in dressage, jumpers (some hunter), and eventing. I also do the occaisional Arabian show for my client and clinics in this area on sporthorses and selecting the proper horse for the job you want to do.

I have no memory of not riding, but did have about 9 years that I was horseless before finally getting back to it in a big way about 15 years ago.

I'm also hooked on several equine bbs and should be out working horses instead of sitting here!!!

Oh, I have a wonderful husband and 2 horse-crazy daughers (ok, step-daughters, but I still think of them as mine!) ages 12 and 15. And we have a German Shepard, a rescued wolf-dog (no, I do NOT support breeding wolves in captivity or dogs to worlves and get rabid (pardon the pun) at the idea), 4 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (we also breed these lovely dogs), 3 cockatiels, 5 cats and lots of salt water fish. Whew!

Rebecca www.sonestafarms.com (http://www.sonestafarms.com)
"Find something you love & call it work."

Robby Johnson
Aug. 28, 2001, 07:30 AM
I'm Robby, just turned 30, and I own a mare Willow that I evented through Training level. She lives in Canada now, with other BB poster Fred, and is in foal to A Fine Romance.

I have leased an Irish mare, Belclare, this summer, but she leaves tomorrow for a foxhunting home in Chicago.

I'll be horseless for a while, but certainly not horsey! I braid and groom at shows, and I have organized one clinic and will be organizing another this winter.

Robby

Clive's Mom
Aug. 28, 2001, 07:35 AM
Hi, I'm Clive's Mom, aka, Carie. I'm a 29 (ugh! almost 30) year old who has been riding horses since I was about 6 or 7 years old. My current horse is Clive - a 6 year old TB that I bought as a yearling. He's currently on summer vacation, having contracted a nasty yeasty-infection in his front foot necessitating his front shoes being pulled (can you say gimp?). When he's healthy, he's suppose to be a jumper, but lately he's been telling me he might make a better equitation horse, we'll see.
By day, I'm a computer programmer geek. I have a jack russell (Harry) and a boyfriend (Mike) who I drag around to horsey events and make help me out at the barn (and he even reads the BB occasionally).
I'm very lucky in that I've gotten to meet and hang out with some of the most fun people on the BB! Even got to meet Princess Maddie (of ETBW fame). Need to make it out to one of the shows at Culpeper soon and watch the rest of the No. Va crowd kick some equine tail in their various divisions. I'm also looking forward to this cranberry concoction that I keep hearing about.....

- C

Chanda
Aug. 28, 2001, 07:41 AM
I'm Chanda (NO R IN THERE PEOPLE, just Chanda! NOT ChandRa, just Chanda.
C h a n d a!!)(sorry, had this problem for the last 29 years)

Born and raised in Santa Barbara. Worked for a show barn for about 16 years until I took a quick stint in Ohio for college (won't name the school). While at school my horse was ruined (by the school) and I was inured (basically schools fault) and not to ride again for 7 years. During this time I worked as a Veterinary Technician.

Once back in CA I married and moved onto my hubbys vineyard to immerse myself in the lifestyle. Just so happens that the vineyard used to be a horse farm and we lived above 10 EMPTY stalls (well, 9 empty stalls now).

Chase, 8 year old Hanoverian jumper with an attitude, was purchased as a surprise wedding present about 11 months ago. Through many ups and downs we have triumphed (he has been REALLy good lately) and will be attending our first show together on Thanksgiving (in some random jumper division) with the help of Chef's trainer Cris.

I should also mention that I have 7 dogs. Yes 7! Who take up most of my non-horse time with their illnesses and injuries (my pug is on 5 different meds right now and the rest are always fighting)(I definitley recomend getting dogs that are all the same breed when you get up there in numbers, preferably greyhounds).

Here is a pic of me trying to get Chase to stand still for some conformation shots. Excuse how skinny I am. I have been trying to gain weight for all of my life. I have a horrible metabolisim that uses up all availiable food/energy and makes me week and ill. I also got teased very harshy my whole young life.
(Please don't tease me, I am so sensitive!!)
By the way, that IS a COTH cap on my head.

Lord Helpus
Aug. 28, 2001, 08:14 AM
Hi, I am Pam and I am happy to say that I am at least only the third oldest poster on the BB....

I was fortunate enough to be born into a riding family and have been riding for my entire life, with short times out to start a career and be a married person who played GOLF /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

I have had a career in advertising and am an attorney (non-practicing at the moment, thank goodness)

Three years ago I saw the light, moved to "The Horse Capital of the World" (it say so on all the signs) and bought a horse farm. I now buy OTTB's and turn them into "A" show hunters. My first project was Warren, and he is the farthest along (on most days /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ) New pic. from last week is attached.

As far as fuzzy friends go, I have a Bearded Schpooterraps named Shelby, who replaced Berkeley, the bestest doggie that ever lived.

RSB
Aug. 28, 2001, 08:22 AM
Hi, my name is Genie and I'm a 25 year old living in NYC working in the financial information industry and I come here for my daily dose of horses. I have been riding since I was seven, but haven't had a horse since I went to college. I fully admit, living in NYC and not having a horse, I live vicariously through all of you. I grew up in South Jersey and last showed my old OTTB in the Childrens'.

Chef Jade
Aug. 28, 2001, 08:32 AM
I doubt anyone is still reading these...I gave up after page one - but here it goes!

I am 24 years old, been riding since I was 10 when a friend and I would zip around the trails on her ancient QH - riding double. Started taking lessons at 11, bought a pony, and met my current trainer shortly thereafter (so I have been with her for 14 years.) I did it all as a junior: hunters, Eq, jumpers - I am easily bored. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif But I think my favorite has got to be the equitation - probably because of Chef my stellar Eq. horse who died last year. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

So I now have a "challenging" youngster who we bought as a 2 year old, plus a "practice" horse (who lives near me) because I live 2 hours from my trainer. I work in Commercial Real Estate so I can feed my beasties.

Court@HJ-OH
Aug. 28, 2001, 08:35 AM
Hey I am Courtney! I am a junior at Ohio State. I have a TB named Momo "Just My Luck" . Obviously I live in Columbus(Go Bucks). I have owned my horse for 3 yrs. Still have my first horse. I am 19 Yrs old. I show in A/A. But soon to the jumpers. I live in Columbus by myself, with my mother in Mexico, father in London, brother in Atlanta, and sister in Washington. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif But I do alright, all i really need is my horse right! I am originally from Houston TX. And believe me I am a Texan through and through.

OH!!!!PS For some reason /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I can kill any thread just by posting :|

Court!! and Momo feels the same way.
Everyone three weeks and I will be back at school and back to my horse!!

[This message was edited by HunterjumperOH on Aug. 28, 2001 at 08:18 PM.]

crave2event
Aug. 28, 2001, 09:01 AM
hummm, let's see...
I'm Andrea. I'm from Nova Scotia Canada. I'm also 15... going into grade 10 I've been riding since gr.8 really, thats when i got my first horse. I'm in Pony Club have my level 'C' but won't be getting any more for awhile with Katie.

I have my own horse Katie, who is a green clyde/tb mare. She is anywhere's from 7-12... but we are guessing around 8 or 9. She is the sweetest on the ground, and a total stubborn brat undersaddle. She will not do what you ask willing! I love it! She will either be a eventer or a jumper, most likely jumper until she becomes a little saner because we don't trust her in a open feild, if she decides to go, she's gone.

I just took my old girl who i leased to her new home. Very heartbreaking.

At my barn, I also have 2 little QH's who i take care of. Bobby is a 14hh champion reiner. He's 20 and goes lame easily. He is used for hacking, and lawn ornaments, He is also the sweetest cutest thing, and spoiled rotten.

Fritz is a 8 yr.old 16hh QH gelding. He also is a spoiled rotten sweetheart. He is full of talent, for what ever you want to do with him. At the owner's request, that is Western so i'm either learning to rein or taking him western pleasure. He is my lil boy, and has to have things jsut the way he wants to, or he pouts.

I have 2 dogs, maddie, a shar pei cross, and tina a blind a deaf old dog. She is my dog, and i just can't let her go, and well, she is still happy! Also, i have a kittie who likes to bite me.

Well, thats me, the only other thing i do besides horses is work, broomball in the winter, and swim some.

Ann
Aug. 28, 2001, 09:40 AM
I lived in northern Virginia as a kid and loved the Chronicle of the Horse magazine so was delighted to discover this website. I was probably born loving horses; worked (okay, practically lived) at a riding stable for several years as a kid.

Mostly, the horses I was allowed to ride were the troublemakers (normal, well-mannered horses seemed boring to me at the time, but they definitely don't anymore!) One of the horses I got to ride was a notorious bucker, a four year old chestnut gelding.

The thing is, he didn't buck out of pain or meaness but out of sheer joie de vivre...he was young and we channeled his athleticism into jumping; he stopped bucking and went on to do very well at shows.

The first horse my parents bought me was an off the track racing QH mare; she could contort herself like a pretzel and would sometimes suddenly bolt like she was having a flashback to her racing days.

She was a very talented jumper like
the gelding, but eventually I realized she was never going to come around mentally as he had because she never got over a tendency to have flashbacks to her racing days and freak out. We never sold her; had her for many years (to include keeping her with friends for a few years while the family was in Europe) because I was afraid of what might happen to her.

So the top requirement I had when looking for my next horse was that the horse have a good mind, and my current horse definitely does...he's very sensible and also very affectionate.

I work full-time and don't have the time to work with a horse consistently, so I have him in full training. He's doing combined training which I really like for him for the variety. He gets bored just working in the arena day after day. In his current training program days working on dressage are alternated with days in the jumping arena and on the trails. He's happy and well-adjusted, so it seems to be working for him.

I work in technology; I've partially completed a masters in software engineering...also have a masters in English (teaching english as a second language), I'd taught english for a couple years in Japan and taught a little on the community college level but soon realized there was no way I was going to be able to survive (much less own a horse) in the Bay area on a teacher's salary, so made the career change into technology.

Great group of people posting here--I'm glad I found this message board.

Miniwelsh
Aug. 28, 2001, 10:07 AM
Miniwelsh aka Abby. I am 24 years old and dreading the big quarter of a century birthday bash in December. I was born in Greenwich Connecticut and moved to Southern Maryland at the age of two. I competed in local shows and pony club for most of my junior years. I got my first pony Blackie at age 4, but he was quickly traded in for my second pony/saint, Suzy, who is now retired at close to age 30. I had a few horses and ponies and then bought my biggest project, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, at age 14. She was a completely untouched 4 year old arab mare, 13 hands and taught me more then any other horse has. She is now also retired at age 14 and I hope to breed her next spring.

I bought my latest project on a whim when I saw her bloodlines. She was a two year old abused welsh pony. I broke and trained her and she is now 5 - hope to do some rated shows and breed shows within the next few years if I can find a child rider with great hands and a good seat.

I lived in Northern Virginia for a while and worked in Washington DC and recently moved to <gasp> Milwaukee Wisconsin. I work in the resource center of a law firm and do lots of document clean up, excel projects, powerpoint projects and to help desk functions as well.

Hopefully one day I will start a pony breeding stable and also work with problem and rescue ponies, but for now, I'm stuck in an office /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

*Behind every good woman lies a trail of men*

JumperEq
Aug. 28, 2001, 10:20 AM
Okay, I have nothing better to do so here goes.

My name is Erin. I'm 16, live in the devil state of MI, and am currently horseless (donations accepted!). I actually just lost my horse of six and a half years 2 weekends ago to colic. Hug your horsies!

Anywho, I've been riding for about 11 years. I'm a senior in high school and compete on the Saugatuck Equestrian Team (yes, one cool thing about MI is a lot of high schools have eq teams). I'm currently attempting to relearn this little thing called western pleasure. I have 2 weeks...please no one show up to watch me make a fool of myself. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'm also trying to decide what college I want to go to next fall. Decisions decisions. I'm currently applying to (however this may change) Michigan State, Western Michigan, Midway, and Sweet Briar. Quite the variety, huh?

So that's enough about me. Here's a picture of me and my old gal, Sweets.

~*~Erin B~*~
Have you hugged your horse today?

FirstCry
Aug. 28, 2001, 10:29 AM
OK, here goes, Hi, my name is Kim, I am 34 years old, married (hopeing to be single again soon /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ) with a 7 year old son named William, a 13 year old calico cat named Feist, and for the present time a 16 years OTTB bay mare named Casey (registered name FirstCry) /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I say present time cause I am selling my mare because I am spending more and more time with my trainers greenies and less time with her, and she deserves more than that. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Also, want to save $ so I can have my little nest egg to fall back on if and when I become single again)

I am a inventory manager at a warehouse outside Rochester, NY. I work with a bunch of truckers, oh what fun. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Next?

Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group of North America

Deb413
Aug. 28, 2001, 10:49 AM
I am Deb, been riding, wow-over 17 ears /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif . Did not start til 22-good thing as I probably be crippled by now. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif I am 39-dreading the 40. I have been leasing most of those years and currently have been riding First Cry-owned by Kim (Firstcry). This one has taught me the most, especially about owning a mare. She has taught me to be patient and how far I should push things-or not. She now lets us touch her ears and I have shown her that trail riding is not a scary think and loves it more than the ring. Wheeee cantering 10 acres! She will be missed /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I am an office manager for the iron workers union.

I have a UWP-Ultimate Wussy Pussy named Tiger.

Currently, horseless and trainerless--working on changing that....hopefully.

Deb

Oops-forgot single, single, single.

[This message was edited by Deb413 on Aug. 28, 2001 at 02:01 PM.]

Wicky
Aug. 28, 2001, 10:54 AM
I'm Wicky, physician, small business owner, stepmom, wifey, owner of two cats, two horses, and a large old drafty leaking house on the ocean. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I hit the big 5-0 this year /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif but it's better than the alternative!

My two boys - Sight Unseen, a 7 year old 17.1 had beautiful DWB that had to be restarted earlier this year, and now is doing pretty well - hasn't reared for months, and was just a bit distracted at his first show (North Shore) doing just the warm-up two days ago. He's very attractive, gray, and has just begin to lay down in his poop. Ugh. Why a big gray horse. When you can keep his attention on the jumps, he will jump anything. When you can't keep his attention, he'll jump it anyway, but it might be sideways! We work on forward, straight, and he's taught me tons.

Optical Illusion, aka "Tiny" is an almonst 18 hand 5 year old DWB cross, out of Consul. He's much more sensible than his "brother" except he loves to give a big buck when cars come up behind him. As pretty as his brother is, Tiny is sort of dorky looking - huge ears, skinny long bod, a little behind at the knees... but a heart of gold. He just came back from the dressage trainer after a year of basic flatwork (I felt at 4 he was too gangly and immature to be jumping) and he really loves to jump now! He seems to find the distance - at least to the small jumps we are doing (can you tell I had a GREAT lesson this morning? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

neighsayer
Aug. 28, 2001, 11:28 AM
My name is Kristin. I'm 24 and work for a large Mutual Fund Company in Toronto. Moved from Nova Scotia a year ago where I grew up.

I have one horse name Magnum aka Neighsayer (yes I am fully aware of how cheesy that name is but I didn't make it up!!) that I love to death. When we movbed I trucked him along with me. Along with my puppy dog Bixby who is a wheeton/bearded collie mix.

I did h/j for 15 years and started eventing this year.

I live with my very patient fiance. AND we're getting married in December!!!

Nice to meet everyone!

http://communities.msn.ca/KristinSaunders/PhotoAlbums

Jair
Aug. 28, 2001, 11:49 AM
Hello there!

I am 28 and am a professional geologist working for a geotechnical and mining consulting firm in Vancouver. Its a fun job, although it does require quite a bit of travelling to way-out-of-the-way places, which unfortunately takes time away from my horses:

Bambi - a 13 year old 16.3 grey selle francais gelding who is totally fun and a real jack of all trades - we do a bit of everything /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

and Alice, a 6 year old 16.3 brown Hannoverian mare whom I have only had since Christmas and am still getting to know. We haven't done much showing yet /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I live with my partner of 4 years and his big crabby tabby cat named Morris, as well as a big tank of tropical fish /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Dementia 13
Aug. 28, 2001, 11:59 AM
I'm MargaretF and I am 42 (soon to be 43) and Corporate Director of Human Resources for a manufacturing and construction company outside Baltimore. I've been married for aeons, though my very nice husband is increasingly impatient with my horse addiction.

I have two horses and have been riding most of my life. I've done mostly hunters and some eventing, but now I am doing jumpers and some equitation.

Twilight, aka Phyllis is a 16.1 chestnut TB mare. I got her last year. She used to do the Jr. Jumpers with a well known junior rider, but now she does Adult Amateur jumpers with me. She's fabulous and we are doing well in the zone and state standings. I hope to move her up to low amateur owners at the end of next year.

Perturbed, aka Jazzy is an 18 year old bay TB, crabby of temperment. I got her from the Equine Rescue League 8 years ago. She is semi retired and being lightly ridden by a friend of mine, who adores her and spoils her.

No children, but 3 extremely spoiled and fat cats, two of whom must be caged because they are evil.

Colin
Aug. 28, 2001, 12:03 PM
I'm a recruiter working in Human Resources for an engineering company in Salt Lake City, Utah! I moved to Utah from Middleburg, Virginia in 1997, and nothing has been the same since! LOL!

I have 4 horses, 3 dogs, a cat and a goat (Felix). One horse belongs to my husband and they team rope together!

Hannah - 2 year old TB mare
Jake - 3 year old NAW gelding
Pete - 13 year old TB gelding

I do the 3' A/A's - no desire to do more! LOL!

Here are some pictures of my "family":

Colin
Aug. 28, 2001, 12:04 PM
and...

Colin
Aug. 28, 2001, 12:05 PM
My husband..... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Colin
Aug. 28, 2001, 12:06 PM
My boyfriend....

Colin
Aug. 28, 2001, 12:07 PM
My secret lover....

VTrider
Aug. 28, 2001, 12:24 PM
Her East Coast Husband /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Colin
Aug. 28, 2001, 12:27 PM
This is so unhealthy! If someone were to walk into my office right now I would be FIRED!!!!!

Send more pictures of the husband to be! Please! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Sweet Pea
Aug. 28, 2001, 12:35 PM
Hey!! He can't be YOUR boyfriend - he's MY boyfriend!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Eeyore
Aug. 28, 2001, 12:42 PM
Well, Coreene's post lead me out of lurkdom (at least for now!). I'm Eeyore, I'm 28, married and have one "child" (of the fuzzy variety). I've been riding for about 20 years, with considerable breaks during college and law school, and am now attempting to get my act back together. I've been lurking here for a while, and I think I know Kennett Square, and maybe some others... but I haven't figured everyone out yet. Yeah, I'm the one who fell off ... TWICE... in one lesson last week. So, I guess that about sums up my riding ability! I like to event, and I'm trying to learn hunters. My super patient trainer keeps telling me to "find the rhythm" and all I want to do is GRAB MANE AND KICK ON! WHOOO WOOO! I mean, really... galloping on with my eyes closed has worked so far... Why mess with perfection? oh yeah... so I don't fall off anymore... that's right.

N2Jumpers
Aug. 28, 2001, 12:48 PM
Is anyone still reading? :-P

Hi everyone! I'm Anne from Long Beach, CA. I'm 29 and I'm a recruiter for a large aerospace company. I've lived in CA for the past 6 years, but am originally from Boston.

When I actually had nice show horses (it's been over 2 years now) I showed in the AA / Jr Am Jumpers / 18-35 Eq with Hillary Ridland at the OC Fairgrounds. Unfortuanately, I don't have a horse right now, but Chef is nice enough to let me ride Grace on a regular basis!

I don't have any horsey pictures at work, but here is a pic of me and my beau (an internet dating success story!)

Quinn
Aug. 28, 2001, 12:54 PM
Merry is older than I (thank heavens someone is) but I am older than Heidi (by a fair stretch.)

I am waiting on pictures from Sunday's show before I post more. I will give you a little hint. One picture shows clearly NO PANTY LINES! And no, I still didn't resort to a thong. I promise to stop on that subject for now. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AHC
Aug. 28, 2001, 12:59 PM
Haven't done this in a long time. I'm Ann and I live in New York City and am the director of fundraising and public relations for a medical research insitute. I am still in my 30s, at least for a bit longer, single with one horse. I have someone around who I've dated forever and have been known to refer to him as my insignificant other... Still holding out for the trophy husband though!

Rode all my life, showed as a junior on anything I could beg, borrow or steal, stopped riding when I was in college and started back soon after graduation. Two years ago I finally bit the bullet and bought a horse of my own.

Mackie is an 8-year-old, 15.3 pinto mare. She and I started doing the A/A hunters this summer. She is quite opinionated and would much rather eat than work, but fortunately for me she loves to jump. Here is a picture of us in the A/As in Vermont this summer.

Smart Alec
Aug. 28, 2001, 01:02 PM
Hello, my name is Lisa (I'm 23 going on 24 in Nov.) and I do graphic design for a litigation support company. I graduated from MassArt in 1999 and I miss it (I love school...especially art school!) I am hoping to find another job soon...I don't find my job to be creative enough since I work mostly within corporate boundaries.
I have been riding since I was 9. I grew up in central MA and am now living in South Boston with my boyfriend of 7 yrs. (I know...and no we're not getting married soon but someday...). I used to lease a really cute QH mare named Katie (among others)--I did local unrated shows and started getting into eventing when I was 14. I stopped riding when I went to college but got back into it my junior year by apprenticing and then getting my MA instructor's license and working at a local barn. After working there for 2 yrs. I wanted to find something more steady so I left horses for about a year until I started to lease Smart Alec last Sept. I leased him for 2 months and then his owner, a good friend decided she couldn't afford to keep him anymore. I bought him and have since moved to another barn (Feb. we moved) I have had a lot of work cut out for me since he is not an easy horse to ride. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
Smart Alec is an off track TB and even though he's 10, many believe he is no more than 4. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I think he's been through a lot in his life...he raced in the US and in Mexico and didn't do very well. He got his leg caught in a starting gate I'm told and while he has a bad scar...he is sound. He's been through about 4 owners in 3 yrs. and I am hoping with time and consistency, my guy will come around! I'd like to do eventing with him but right now I'm happy if he will walk, trot, canter, and jump crossrails around the ring without bucking or rearing. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
I also have a very sweet fat kitty named Puck who loves watching tv, taking naps, and long walks on the beach in his spare time. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Shawn, my wonderful boyfriend, took pics of me and Alec this weekend so I will post a couple for you to see... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Smart Alec
Aug. 28, 2001, 01:04 PM
sorry, I have to brag, Alec was so bad last week but he tried really hard this weekend for me...:)

Ducksoup
Aug. 28, 2001, 01:04 PM
Since it looked like everyone was having so much fun, I decided I needed to join!

My name is Catherine and I'm almost 32. I have been riding since I was 10, with a long break over the past 9 years. I started to ride again about a year ago to save my sanity and get into shape.

I'm currently horseless, I just ride whatever comes along. I also like to snow ski thanks to my hubby.

I have been married for 4 1/2 years and have a dog (Katie) and a cat (Toby 2 Tone).

In real life I am a real estate developer/broker. In my fantasy life, I work at my own farm, have a tack store and play with horses, cats and dogs all day.

Thanks!

Sleepy
Aug. 28, 2001, 01:15 PM
Welcome Ducksoup! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif What part of the state are you in?

ClipClop
Aug. 28, 2001, 01:17 PM
Hi! I'm Amanda, a.k.a ClipClop. I'm 16 and reside in the mitten shape state- Michigan.
(Indy, I like you, want to help me with My Russian Language class? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)

I have two furry beasts, one which graces the family property and one which rules the roost at "the" top show worthy barn in my area. Both are Geldings, that need major attitude adjustments at times! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif (Don't all guys, even if they have seen the scissors?) /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I mainly ride Dressage, though I lurk here due to my fascination with Hunters. Not to mention I like y'all. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~Insanity is repeating the same behavior over and over and expecting different results~

Dementia 13
Aug. 28, 2001, 01:20 PM
Ohh, Colin, your boyfriend is divine looking!

What is with the multitude of Human Resource/recruiter types on the board?

Colin
Aug. 28, 2001, 01:27 PM
Maybe we should start networking!

GET ME OUT OF UTAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL EMAIL MY RESUME TO ANYONE IN ANY STATE OTHER THAN UTAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Eglinton
Aug. 28, 2001, 01:27 PM
I'M IN HUMAN RESOURCES TOO!!! I know it's so weird how many HR people are on this board. Anyway, I am 27, married one year, own a small horse farm, and work full time for a local non profit in HR. My husband has a jumper and I have a hunter, and we have one boarder, who is a hunter. None of us have showed this year or last year we are trying to recover from the shock of morgage payments. Next year we will start again. We will both be showing on the A circuit..alot of the shows are very close to our house. We will soon be getting a few foster horses from a thoroughbred retirement society. Besides the horses we have 4 cats, 2 dogs (german shepherd and a german shepherd/hound cross), and a bunny. My husband is very horsey, almost horsier than me. He works in the horse industry.

I've Got a Secret
Aug. 28, 2001, 01:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:
Maybe we should start networking!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, sort of like the Stepford Wives!

Colin
Aug. 28, 2001, 01:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
Her East Coast Husband /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully I will be able to "procure" my East Coast husband at the end of next month, and won't even have to return to Utah!!!

Wonder if he likes goats? /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

AHC
Aug. 28, 2001, 01:34 PM
But a goat might be a perfect source of much-needed future hair. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Colin
Aug. 28, 2001, 01:34 PM
Maybe on the head, MissXani....... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Erin
Aug. 28, 2001, 01:40 PM
Back, evil alters! Back! You're going to scare all the newbies away. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, it was such a nice thread for a while... /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Colin
Aug. 28, 2001, 01:42 PM
Evil alters?? VT and I are INNOCENT!

It's the EVIL SEA URCHIN responsible for this!

VT and I are simply defending my East Coast Husband, who, I would like everyone to know, has just PLENTY OF HAIR! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Colin
Aug. 28, 2001, 01:52 PM
And a picture of Pete!

sali
Aug. 28, 2001, 02:14 PM
I live in Utah and actually compete against COLIN in the A/A's. She usually kicks my butt, but sometimes I can slip a good round in when she is not looking! I am 29, single, and work for a regional based outdoor magazine in Salt Lake City. My family consists of a cat, dog, and of course the beloved horse.

Colin
Aug. 28, 2001, 02:16 PM
I just left you a message on your answering machine at home this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love my holly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holly - did you see the picture of my East Coast Husband?????? hehehehehehe!

SassyG
Aug. 28, 2001, 02:22 PM
So anyway I have been reading these all day and now that things at work have slowed down I must join in! Let's see....I am soon to be 27. I live about 20 minutes southwest of Boston with my fiance (also an internet success story), a maine coon kitten, and 2 very big chesapeake bay retrievers.
After 8 years of college and attending 3 different schools over those years I can finally say that I am UNH graduate with a bachelors in Animal Science with a concentration in equine science of course (I just got the piece of paper to prove it! I love my job. I work for a horsey company but am hesitant to say what we do for fear of advertising.
I have always loved horses and have had my 16 year old thoroughbred for over 11 years. I haven't really ridden in the last 2 years due to lack of time. But I do really miss it. My horse is hanging out in Vermont right now just eating up money but I don't have the heart to part with her.
I have so enjoyed reading about everyone!

So Colin I get the impression that you do not like Utah? My parents just moved to SLC and there are mixed reviews from my mom.

Colin
Aug. 28, 2001, 02:24 PM
Actually, Utah is quite nice. The weather is beautiful! Biggest "problem" is that there are NO AHSA horse shows! /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

We have to drive 10+ hours to go to a recognized horse show /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

and....after living is horse country, USA (Middleburg, VA) that is somewhat traumatic! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Colin
Aug. 28, 2001, 02:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sali:
I live in Utah and actually compete against COLIN in the A/A's. She usually kicks my butt, but sometimes I can slip a good round in when she is not looking! I am 29, single, and work for a regional based outdoor magazine in Salt Lake City. My family consists of a cat, dog, and of course the beloved horse.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well....if you would BRUSH YOUR HORSES'S TAIL and PAY ME TO BRAID him, you would stand a better chance....hehehehehe!!!!!
/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Miniwelsh
Aug. 28, 2001, 02:36 PM
My mom breeds chessies in Maryland! They are awesome dogs but smelly! I am trying to attach a picture of her youngest who does search and rescue.

SassyG
Aug. 28, 2001, 02:40 PM
Miniwelsh--

The pups actually came with my fiance. We have a 6 year old and a 2 year old both are males. They can in fact be stinky and they are extremely protective of their family. I am used to growing up with golden retrievers and going from the goldens to the chessies has been a HUGE change for me. I didn't think it would be. My fiance is trying to push getting a 3rd so I dare not tell him about your Mom! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

sali
Aug. 28, 2001, 02:41 PM
If we weren't in Utah I would worry about those things - if we had a rated show, I would worry about those things....but since we do not even have a rated show - no braiding.

Colin is the best braider though!!

- my date went great - date # 2 is tomorrow night - AHHHHHHHHHHHH - I am soooo excited!!

sali
Aug. 28, 2001, 02:43 PM
I grew up with a Chessie - THE best dog I ever had - aside from my current dog. They are so devoted to their owners! You are lucky your fiance introduced you to the breed.

RSB
Aug. 28, 2001, 02:43 PM
My first pony's name was Blackie too!

SassyG
Aug. 28, 2001, 02:44 PM
Sali & Miniwelsh--

Out of curiosity did you ever have any problems with Chessies and aggression? Our older male seems to think a lot of the time that he is in fact the head of the household!

Colin
Aug. 28, 2001, 02:48 PM
Poor Kavu....left on the wayside while his mother tramps around!!!!! hehehehe!

Just as long as he's a worthwhile prospect that is prepared to support you in the "style you have become accustomed to", we will allow it......

It's INDIO in 2002 for us, Miss Holly!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

EMAIL me, Holly:

'bfox@es.com'

Velveeta
Aug. 28, 2001, 02:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:
Poor Kavu....left on the wayside while his mother tramps around!!!!! hehehehe!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right, poor me, left all alone /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

(BTW: Hi Mom! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

Colin
Aug. 28, 2001, 02:54 PM
Holly's horse is named "Kavu"....I set up that 'alter' when I was going to buy Kavu.....unfortunately/fortunately, Holly decided to keep him....so now I get to hang out w/ her at the horse shows and I have Kavu's twin, Petey! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Miniwelsh
Aug. 28, 2001, 03:02 PM
goes together! Actually, they are great dogs, but are very stubborn and certain lines are very aggressive. They need to be taught who is in charge early on and reminded of it quite often. Lately, as they have bred more curly coat into the breed, they have become quite skittish, but the good ones should be bold and good family protection dogs.

sali
Aug. 28, 2001, 03:07 PM
That is why I could not register under KAVU?????? I posted your favorite picture of him on my first note.

Yes Colin and I are going to compete as twins as we have the same horse color, size, similar jump, and same coat!! haha

Colin
Aug. 28, 2001, 03:08 PM
Yes, but YOU are special....ONLY YOU have the "sound effects"!! LOLOLOL!!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Velveeta
Aug. 28, 2001, 03:14 PM
Well, if you're really really nice to me Sali, I may consider surrendering this lovely name /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Kavu has served Colin and I well /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Colin
Aug. 28, 2001, 03:18 PM
I'm sure he's be willing to let Kavuu go to you, Holly! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

sali
Aug. 28, 2001, 03:33 PM
Sound effects - will I never live that one down?? You jump him sometime - Mr. Round will hit you in the chest and knock the air out of you too!!!!!!!!!!!

sali
Aug. 28, 2001, 03:40 PM
Maybe I will continue the noise strategy and make it my claim to fame???? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Lily
Aug. 28, 2001, 05:47 PM
I don't think I've ever posted on one of these! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Let's see...I'm 23, graduated from Bryn Mawr last year, and work as a financial analyst in New York. I recently scored myself a new office with a view of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. I have no idea how this happened- but I'm guessing it's all downhill from here! I'm hoping to get off my behind sometime soon and take my GMATs so I can go back to school for my JD/MBA.

I rode and showed quite extensively as a junior, keeping my horses on Long Island and in Westchester. Someday I'll figure out how to scan pictures. I've only been riding on occasion the past few years, choosing to focus on school and other sports (lacrosse, skiing, and now golf).

I don't post my address for the most part, but if you want to get in touch with me, post something and I'll send you an email. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Blue Devil
Aug. 28, 2001, 05:55 PM
I remember posting on the original Let's Meet (what was that, 2 years go?). Anyways...

I'm Emily and I'm seventeen years old (show as 16 though). I'm a high school senior (lovely St. Andrew's, alma mater to fellow BB'er TyeDyeCommando). I have a 10 year old 15.3h TB chestnut gelding, Clockwork, that is currently being schooled and given a break while I focus on "the most important/busy semester of your life"...i.e. the college admissions process and my senior first semester. We normally show in the children's hunters around Zone 4 (A circuit mainly--so I may have met you at Wills Park or Germantown or something...).

Anyways, most people like to ask me about my sn. It comes from my pony/horses names (Maybelle and Abner both have had to be put to sleep /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ) and then Clo is for Matt aka Clockwork.

I do lots of things--scientific research for national competitions, mock trial, quiz bowl, newspaper, Latin organizations, etc. etc. etc. So if any of that is your hobby too, don't hesitate to email me!

Oh, and of course I have to mention my cat of 10+ years, Annabelle. She sleeps with me EVERY night /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

p.s. My best horse friends are on this board too, Dickie/Richard (Darkerhorse) and Kat (TyeDyeCommando).

**~~Emily~~** proud
member of the junior clique!
Emily@catchride.com

wombat
Aug. 28, 2001, 06:20 PM
Well....Hello! I'm one of the new additions brought out by Correne's post. I'm a 34 y.o. critical care RN......Ahhh, let's see. I have a 13 year old, 15.2 bay mare named Ellie who I have a complete blast on!!! Hopefully in the near future, we'll make our horseshow debut.

Hmmmmm. I think I'm starting to get the "hang" of this posting thing!

wombat
Aug. 28, 2001, 06:39 PM
Coreene, I'm sorry! I just realized I spelled your name wrong in my last post!

His Greyness
Aug. 28, 2001, 07:12 PM
My horse is older than most of you and I am older than the rest of you.

Here is a little test of how much algebra you remember. I am twice as old as my horse. Our combined age is 84. How old is my horse? This allows me to be a certifiable old grouch and adopt a user name derived from the head of the Blue Meanies in the Beatles movie "Yellow Submarine". Now that really dates me.

I also refer to my horse as His Greyness. He is an "Off the Urine Farm Draft Horse (Percheron) Cross" (OUFDHX). A much superior breed to an OTTB since I have had him since he was five and he shows few signs of slowing down.

elizabeth
Aug. 28, 2001, 07:16 PM
He is 28, and you are 56.

(X+2X) = 84
3X = 84
X = 28

Ta dahhhhhhh!

His Greyness
Aug. 28, 2001, 07:33 PM
Does this mean that the American educational system actually taught somebody something? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

jch
Aug. 28, 2001, 08:06 PM
I have really enjoyed reading all of these. Now that my last kiddo left for college, I have enough time on my hands that I really did read them all!! I am 46 and I teach junior high (and I LOVE IT). I got into horses 14 years ago when my then 4 year old daughter announced she would no longer take ballet...all she wanted to do was ride horses! We started small, but got sucked in quickly. Finally, we had to sell our home and move to a farm to accommadate the horses, ponies, dogs and cats - it's a decision none of us has regretted even though my husband is a tennis player and my son is a swimmer. Now that my daughter is off to school, I have inhereted her hunter and I'm having a great time riding him, he's a true saint to put up with me and I really appreciate his patience /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Robby Johnson
Aug. 29, 2001, 04:19 AM
One of my favorite episodes of "What's Happening" featured Rerun discussing how all of his subjects in school ended in an "F." The funniest - and the one I identify with most - is "algebruf."

I am amazed that Elizabeth was able to do that.

Point in case -

My ACT score was a collective 20. (Isn't that horrible?)

English - 25
Natural Science - 24
Social Science (or was it history?) - 23
Math - 9

Thankfully my partner is a math whiz and helps me greatly. I won't even tell you about college statistics. Let's just say that I finally passed it with a D and my parents and I jumped up and down for joy in the kitchen when my scores came!

Robby

Ducksoup
Aug. 29, 2001, 06:21 AM
Sorry it's taken me so long to answer.....I have to be discrete since I am at work!

Thanks for the welcome!

Anyway, I am in Washington, NC. I'm in the eastern part of the state, about 2 hours east of Raleigh.

Where are you?

Applesauce
Aug. 29, 2001, 06:35 AM
To fellow former "sister" in blue...you should appreciate my horse's show names. Caleb's is Probable Cause and Jax's is Just The Facts. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~Courtney~

second chance
Aug. 29, 2001, 07:00 AM
ok, I guess I shall introduce myself...

HI, My name is Nellie, I'm 15 years old. I have been riding since I was 4, but taking lessons since I was 6, thus the total years of riding would be 9 'n 1/2 years.

I have owned 4 horses in those years heres the info on all of them.

Previous Mounts:

Tramp- 8 y.o - pure white shetland/arab mare - w/t english and western and driving

Lady- 12 y.o- seal brown- welsh/arab mare- driving

"C Dale Scoot" aka Dale- 5 y.o- welsh cob gelding-
Dapple Grey- w/t/c jumped 3ft3- 13.2 hands

"Shogun" - 12 y.o.- Tb gelding- 17 Hands- bright chestnut- dressage/trail riding/ jumpers, jumped 3ft 9

CURRENT MOUNT:

"Drifters Sandy Bar" aka Sandy or B.W.- Apha reg. Tobiano Mare- 3 years old- hunters, bits and pieces of dressage, maybe event horse but definately Hunter.

--------------------------------------------------
Hunter Divisions:
Dale:
Special Junior Division
Pony Hunter Division

Sandy:
14 'n under Eq.
Suitable hunter u/s
Long stirrup eq.
Long stirrup hunter o/f
Long stirrup eq. o/f
Jumper Divison:

Shogun:

Puddle jumper
2ft9-3ft
3ft-3ft3
3ft3-3ft6
3ft6-3ft9
Dressage Divisions:
Dale:
training level
1st level

shogun:
training level
1st level- could of went 2nd or 3rd

How Dale got his name: "C Dale Scoot" was after "Dale C. Scott"

hifi
Aug. 29, 2001, 08:43 AM
I'm Connie. I am an RN in the Recovery Room at UCDMC UC Davis. I really want to get out of nursing and do Course Designing, my love and passion. I have been working with some local and top designers and want to meet them all.

I live in Sacramento and my horses are boarded out. I have a really beautiful Grey gelding named High Fidelity, or Ike is his barn name, after the nick name of Idle Dice, my favorite all time GP horse. I have a chestnut mare who is having a semi-retirement, and a bay gelding who has a hock injury and is on perminent disablity. He is loving life with a mare on 20 acres.

My husband is LJ. He works for Kragen Auto as a store Manager. He doesn't like horses or horse shows, why did we get together I ask! He suports the notion that I love them, however.

Sorry I am not smart enough to figure out my scanner or digital camera to post a picture. If someone felt like emailing me and walking me though it, I'd love it.

If you can't beat 'em, try harder.

beameup
Aug. 29, 2001, 09:42 AM
to my horror, i've killed a few.
anyway, i'm judy, a writer (have written for COTH since '93) i write for other magazines too, have just finished a screenplay (with dressage in it!!! and am waiting for a movie producer who was soooo interested in it to get back to me- the old "i'll call you, don't call me" - routine) and am currently writing a screenplay about WW II. have written a few books too.
i'm 51 (oh no, oh no, oh no <sob> ), ride dressage, have 6 horses, an old (29) GP Hannoverian schoolmaster, whom i adore and hope will live forever, a GP dutch warmblood, an appaloosa., a tb broodmare who i would love to lease out because i don't have plans to breed her for a while (16 hands, plain bay, sound, 7 y.o.) and her son, a 2 year old Swedish wb who i think/hope is going to be real nice, and am partners on a SWB mare. have also a houseful of fuzzies: a canary named Willie Nelson, a guinea pig (clementine), two black persians, Molly and Ben, and two lhasa apso's who are adorable but plumb stupid.
married to a physician who has looooong hours, so that gives me lots of time to post here!
hope someone posts after me, or i've just killed another thread.

hifi
Aug. 29, 2001, 10:10 AM
Try emailing me again, I fixed my profile.

If you can't beat 'em, try harder.

Tosca
Aug. 29, 2001, 10:20 AM
Hello, my name is Tosca. You may remember me from such threads as Slander! and How do Vegetarians and Vegans deal with the stress the h/j world puts on leather.

I'm 18 and attending the University of Alberta this year. I just sold one of my horses so I only have Tosca now, a 16.2hh grey Appendix gelding. I mostly ride jumpers, but dabble a bit in dressage and eventing.

Fav movie: Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Fav Holiday: Thanksgiving
Ideal Summer Job: Whale watching Tour Guide

"Ever since I met you on a cloudy Monday, I can't believe how much I love the rain." Chantal Kreviazuk (Before You)

Merrylegs
Aug. 29, 2001, 10:28 AM
Well, I've been a serious lurker for months, so I guess I should finally introduce myself. My name is Susan and I'm 25. I a graduate school student in Boston and also work on some health-related websites. I don't have a horse right now because of graduate school, but hope to start shopping in the spring.

My user name is after the pony I had when I was growing up - Merrylegs.

It's nice to meet everyone!

JumpTheMoon
Aug. 29, 2001, 10:28 AM
My name is Katie and I show in the Younger Childrens up here in Eskimo land. I show New York Times aka Chaz and he's an 11 y/o bay TB gelding whom I totally love to death - I've never met a more honest horse! I'm 16 going on 17 (Eeks thats SCARY!) and am planning on getting my drivers lisence before the turn of the next century. I'm going into grade 11, but wish I was homeschooled as I hate school more than anything in the world! I have a 17 y/o brother who is up for sale or trade for a nice 3'6" hunter. I also have two dogs - a British Golden Retriever (Zak) and a Westie X Lhasa Apso (Murphy).

~To the world you are just one person but to one person you could mean the world~

AM
Aug. 29, 2001, 10:47 AM
Another Ann here and another nurse. I've just moved from pediatrics to informatics. We're buying/designing a new clinical information system for our hospital. I learned to ride in England while I was a school nurse on an American military base. Saw the American's win the Eventing World Championships in 1974. I still volunteer at events in area 2, but my present horse is a 23 year old Hanoverian mare who is trying to teach me dressage. I'm her seventh owner but she has been with me twice as long as with anyone else, so I guess I'll be her last owner.

geckoUBC
Aug. 29, 2001, 10:50 AM
OK, as I have nothing better to do, I will now proceed to bore the few of you who are actually reading all these.

My name is Aleesha, and I live in Prince George, BC (aka horse-show-less land). We have to drive at least 9 hours to get to the nearest A shows. I want to move somewhere else!

I turned 15 in June and am going into Grade 12 (scary stuff! I don't feel mature enough to be a senior!!) at a public school. I might be a working student after I graduate or else I'm moving east to go to university. I think. I change my mind daily, so who knows. I have been riding since I was 7, so it's been 8 years.

I have a 6 y/o adorable bay Thoroughbred named Special Addition ("Eddie"). He did childrens and pre-green hunters last year but is now a children's jumper and will hopefully be moving up eventually. He also does the eq. He is very very cute and huggable. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I just finished a lease on a gray Thoroughbred jumper named Intuition. I took her to Thunderbird and she was SUCH a confidence builder, I did the 3'9" jumpers for the first time and jumped the water and liverpool and banks, and she helped my riding so much!

I am a pony clubber (though I don't like to admit it on this BB, lol) and was supposed to do my B this year, if I ever get around to it.

I have a sister (I'll trade for your brother as long as he's hot JumpTheMoon!! lol) who is horribly annoying and 13 years old. I play the flute, piano, and trumpet. Ummm... yeah, that's about it. Oh and I am obsessed with cool colored show shirts. Anyone seen that lime green shirt Lisa Carlsen wears?? OK I'll shut up now, lol!

Aleesha

Sleepy
Aug. 29, 2001, 11:20 AM
I don't think I've ever posted on this topic before, so here goes.

My name is Margaret, I am 51 (no, not the oldest, but not by much /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) and I manage software development projects. I used to show A/O and A/A hunters before I quit riding due to a hip injury. After a 10 year break, last year I got the urge to ride again and found a nice, safe, totally bomb-proof ex-police horse to get me going again. We mostly trail ride now, but plan on doing some hunter paces and if I get really brave, may actually try hill-topping. Rhett lives in a cushy barn 10 miles from my house.

My 3 elderly retirees live in my backyard. Or front yard depending on pasture rotation. One of them is actually capable of toting me around the show ring, but has made it perfectly clear that she prefers life as a pasture ornament.

Ducksoup, I live between Franklinton and Youngsville, 1/2 hr to 1 1/4 hr north of Raleigh depending on time of day/day of week and like the rest of the county, commute in every day.

Sonesta
Aug. 29, 2001, 12:00 PM
Great names! Where are you in your career now? Have you yet reached the "big decision" point where you must decide between the interesting times you have on the street or moving up the ranks to ride a desk in a dingy office? When I reached that point, I went to law school. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Rebecca www.sonestafarms.com (http://www.sonestafarms.com)
"Find something you love & call it work."

Blinky
Aug. 29, 2001, 12:22 PM
I always seem to get into it at the tail end.

Anyway,
I am 31 years old, and yes in Human Resources however I manage Compensation and Benefits. I started riding at 10. At one time I had 2 horses and a pony but had to sell them all to go to college. I rode Children Hunter's in VA. I rode off and on around the age of 25 but had to stop due to lack of funds. Back to riding recently when I have time-it is really a great stress reliever. I am almost finished with earning my MBA through night classes (getting that to support my horse habit. My husband and I are moving to Houston TX this fall. He is very supportive of my desire to get back into showing and only now and then blinks at the price of horses, board, trucks, and trailers. Once moved and classed finished I plan on getting back into riding and buying a horse in the spring. No kids, no horse, just one old Rottweiler.

Cinco de Mayo
Aug. 29, 2001, 12:23 PM
I mostly lurk, sometimes post...

My name is Julie, I am 22 going on 23, college grad, (Go Dukes!) married, and work in a brokerage firm. I have a 6yo 16h bay TB gelding named Cinco who I have brought along for 2+ years-although he never raced, and am preparing to do the local greens with him next year. (God willing /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) He is great although has moments where he acts like a baby green again.

I work off some of my board by helping clean/feed/turn out which I really like to do. It keeps me from getting (as my college buddies and I used to say) office a$$! Also, I have fun playing with the horsies.

I spend way too much time on the BB, and whenever I see a chain noseband on ebay, I always think of the COTH. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

L Scott
Aug. 29, 2001, 12:45 PM
"I am 36 and live in Toronto. I have two of the most gorgeous and wonderful children I know. Funny, that! My husband is not horsey and refuses to be(allergies, attitude). I work in retail and institutional brokerage at what is now another bank owned brokerage firm.

I have been riding since I was about 7, but didn't own my own horse until I was 20. I did the Adult hunter(3'), a little DQ work and dabbled in breeding with success. I have not been consistant in my riding since having my second child, but plan on riding more in the next year.

I sold my large pony to an american last dec and she has done really well, south of the border. My family owns a wonderful jumper named Hello Newman(Weltmeyer grandson) and I just bought a dutch/tb filly(4 1/2 months old) out of Sauvage Diamont that is completely gorgeous(not biased, no, no, no).

My daughter starts taking riding lessons this sunday and I am very excited, although I think it is my asthmatic son that is going to love it more. He has that passion for animals where she is more reserved. Husband is very depressed about it all(hehe)."

This is from last October. What has changed, you must be asking?

I am still not riding, but planning to very soon.

My large pony(that I sold) was 5th at pony finals.

My families jumper won a CET(it's a big deal up here) and so has qualified for the finals.

Hannah the lovely baby is now a lovely yearling and impresses me more every day.

I found a three year old that I had been searching for, well almost three years. I am hoping to have her at some point.

My daughter is very cute when she rides.

Oh, yes and I'm 3 7 now! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

wadino
Aug. 29, 2001, 01:30 PM
Hi. My name is Ryan (as you can tell) and I'm 14 years old. I live in Central PA and have a fun time sitting around and being bored. There is absolutely nothing to do in this town. Anyways I am currently single (unfortunatley) and have a 16 year old flea bitten grey TB mare named Langport Lady aka Stella. She's my very first horse. She is very forgiving and has taught me so much about everything.

I am not to great of a rider (lol) as you can see from the jumping picture attached but I am trying my hardest and with the help of my horse and my trainer, who are both awesome, i think I will become much much better.

Ryan
"Here's to goodbye, tomorrow's gonna come to soon."

wadino
Aug. 29, 2001, 01:33 PM
Here is Stella and I taking a break from schooling. This is my favorite picture of use because we both look stunning. haha

Ryan
"Here's to goodbye, tomorrow's gonna come to soon."

TuxWink
Aug. 29, 2001, 06:03 PM
My "real" name is Amy and I'm still in my twenties! I'm married, a graduate of UCLA, and co-owner with my husband of Tux-dog, Wink-cat and Africa-horse. I am currently working part time and going to school part time for a professional degree in Interior Design. I rode for fun when I was younger and did a few hunter shows, but no jumping.

I was really involved in competitive gymnastics when I was a kid/teen (and knew my parents wouldn't buy me a horse), so I just played around on my Aunt's horses occassionally, showing on the flat at a few hunter shows. After college my husband wanted to learn to ride so we started taking lessons together at a local lesson barn. We were then introduced by my Aunt to the eventing trainer I'm with now and as our financial situation improved I got REALLY into horses. I leased one of my trainer's horses for a year and a half whom I evented at Beg. Novice and Novice, and purchased Africa (another recommendation of my Aunt's /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )at the end of May of this year!

She is a seven year old TB-Han cross who had only dressage training at time of purchase, and we just placed 3rd at a combined test this last weekend at the beg. novice level! This was just her second show since our debut in the cross-rail division in June. (So she's obviously taken to jumping quite well, aside from the occassional temper tantrum) She is full of personality and we are teaching each other a TON! Here's a picture of the pretty girl...

VTrikki
Aug. 29, 2001, 07:04 PM
This seems to be much more fun than doing my genetics homework sooo... here is a little about me. My name is Nikki, but I am known by VTrider and all other Hokies as Trikki or Trix... I am a 20 year old biology major and starting my senior year at Virginia Tech which is proving to be highly depressing and I am panicking about applying to vet school, grad school, or pharmacy school.. I need to go somewhere where I can make plenty of $$ to support my horse habit.. These are my back up plans when I dont find a rich husband to take care of me.. I work at the vet school (great place for husband prospects!!) and ride on our IHSA team. You can normally find me either riding or at the Math Emporium studying (contrary to what VTrider says I dont party at all hehehe!) I currently do not own a horse but am riding and showing one for my trainer that is awsome. I have a cat-Doodle, 3 dogs-Beenie, Dick, and Toby, and a boyfriend-he fits in the animal category right now... Activities i enjoy most are riding, social engagements with my friends with beverages under pressure, sleeping, buying big shoes, eating skittles, and being with my man-in that order.. When I grow up, which may never happen, I want to be a wife of a man who doesnt make me work and buys me horses, a vet, or a monster truck driver- also in that order. I have an uncanny knack for getting into trouble even though it never seems to be my fault??!! I am never as bad as VTrider or my boyfriend think I am.

agedbayhunter
Aug. 29, 2001, 07:31 PM
...but not yet eligible for birthday greetings from Willard Scott. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I've been lurking for a looong time and just recently registered. Have loved horses all my life, but didn't get to ride seriously until my 40s. Have done hunters and dressage, but right now I'm the owner of an aged bay hunter(hence the moniker)who's living in retired splendor. I can only hope for such a good deal one of these days! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Am looking for a fun, bomb-proof, half-lease to fill the days when I'm not working part-time, lurking, or exercising three enthusiastic beagles!

geckoUBC
Aug. 29, 2001, 11:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by L Scott:

My large pony(that I sold) was 5th at pony finals.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that Three Wishes? The one who won the medal finals as well??

Aleesha

L Scott
Aug. 30, 2001, 05:31 AM
Nope, Madame Alexander. She was fifth overall in the Large.

Allyn M
Aug. 30, 2001, 09:37 AM
The foals are delivered , the mares are bred and our inspection is over so I now have some time to participate in this " best of all " BB.

My name is Allyn and I am sure that I am the oldest member unless Snowbird wants to e-mail me and we will compare ages. I am an old foxhunter ( 25 years and 3 hunts )My husband of 46 years and I live in Indiana. I have loved horses since age five and am now having the time of my life breeding sport horses. (Studied pedigrees and show records of warmbloods and TBs before beginning so as to not become an irresponsible breeder.) I am also trying to learn the ins and outs of digital photography and the computer. Now that I have the time I am going to try to finish our web page.I always love criticisms and help with that ,www.bannockburnfarm.net
We have 4 grandchildren, one of which loves horses too, and is now showing a horse that we bred on the farm.

Seven
Aug. 30, 2001, 10:15 AM
Wow, what a smart group we are!! Interesting how there are so many HR folks, nurses, and LAWYERS on this board! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Of course, that emphasis means that I am one too. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Specifically, I work in litigation; more specifically, patent litigation; and even more specifically, biotech and pharmaceutical patent litigation! What does all that mean? It means (for the uninitiated) that I am so heavily involved in my speciality that you cannot ask me any questions on general law topics because I have *forgotten everything* taught in law school! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Okay, so it's not quite that bad but close!

In any event, I am 31 and married to the MOST wonderful man, Mr. Serendipity, who not only provides moral support for my horsie habit but encourages it. Together we have NINE children; all of the furry, four-legged variety. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif 3 horses, 1 dog, and 5 cats.

I grew up in NY and have been riding in this area since I was little (except for a brief time while I lived in the midwest). I can't remember time when I didn't want to be near horses. I started out doing the eq and hunters, moved over to the jumpers and eventually found my niche, eventing. Now, when I'm not at work (which unfortunately isn't often enough), I spend most of my time working with my two project eventer TBs. Our third horse is presently leased by a wonderful family who lavish her with love and carrots interrupted by the occasional ride around the ring.

Nice to meet you all!

Kellybird
Aug. 30, 2001, 10:34 AM
I'm Kelly--smart people figured that out already /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif and I'm a 15 year old [16 in October, yay] girl from San Francisco living in PA until I graduate, then I am out of here. I half-lease a horse and show occasionally in the little divisions, nothing to write home about.

I have 3 cats; Chloe, Mouse, and September who enjoy walking on the keyboard and generally tearing the house apart. School will basically take up my life in 4 days /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif and I'm school theatre stuff and do other things for fun. I'm addicted to caffeine--as in, right now, I'm willing to pay someone to drive me to a cafe so I can get my grande latte, sigh--shopping, shopping in London, London itself, movies, and this BB. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Broad interests, haha.

Anyway, that's me, nice to 'meet' everyone again, welcome to anyone who's new /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~KBird

PepTalk
Aug. 30, 2001, 05:09 PM
OK, here goes nothing! Ready, get set, GO!

Hi, my name is Kelly and I live on the West Coast. I am 18, but will be 19 next Tuesday(Sept.4). Yeah! I graduated from high school this past June and WAS going to go to college, but have decided not to this year and will go in the fall of 2002. Due to that, I am running around trying to find a job to support this crazy love I have(horses).

I started riding saddleseat when I was in the fifth grade and did that on and off for three years before I quit for a year and a half becuase of personal reasons. I got back into it in January of '98 and have been doing it ever since. I rode and leased any horse that my trainer could find for me to ride becuase of my lack of money. I learned something from each and every one of them. My trainer moved to a new barn last year and I went with her. I now lease a REALLY great 16.2H TB gelding named Tailor Made and am doing the low hunters(2'6") and Eq.'s on him.

Any comments, questions or am I going insane?

Lazy Palomino Hunter
Aug. 30, 2001, 05:28 PM
Hi, I'm Alison, I'm 15 years old, I live in MD, I've been riding for 10 years, and this is one big run on sentence. Ok, I lease an older palomino TBx gelding who is a saint. His name is Mr Ed (Show name- Edward Amstel /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif). I have two dogs- a beagle X greyhound X akita mix who is very independent and hates be because I tried to (the horror) make her OBEDIANT!! After 3 years of obediance and agility training, she's not *retired*. I also have a Sheltie (a *big fake* at 18" tall) whom I show in agility.
As far as the horse stuff goes, I show a local (someone said it's like C rated...??) horse show circuit. Ok, thats all.
~Alison

RumoursFollow
Aug. 31, 2001, 09:47 AM
So I tried this once and my cat pulled the cord out of the wall when I was almost finished. Its taken me a few days but I'm going at it again.

I go by two names. Basically its a long story involving a fight my parents had over what to name me when I was born. But most people know me here as Sara, so we'll stick with that. The people that know my other name know the story anyway.

I'm 20, and a junior political science/speech and communciations double major at Clemson University in SC. After this I want to go to law school, and I'm hoping to recieve raving recommendations from all of the lawyers on this board when I apply to law school. (especially that one certain VA lawyer for whom I have done dirty work on SEVERAL occasions. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

I grew up in Gainesville, GA- the poultry capitol of the world. Yes, its true. We even have the chicken statue and water tower to prove it. Although my parents still live in GA, I spend most of my non college time in a TINY town in VA called Catlett. Reason being, my horse lives up there now.

A little over a year ago I was working in Berryville, VA, riding with a woman there who had a small breeding operation. She had a young horse that was sort of for sale because it wouldnt fox hunt, and I jumped him around, loved him, and bought him with some pleading to the parents.

Since he was already in VA, I figured WHY leave horse country? So I shipped him out to Pam Baker, Winn Alden, and Pam Freeley's Hillcrest Farm in Bealeton, VA which was conveniently close to my house. Rumour... whos show name is Rumours Follow, is a 7yo chestnut registered member of the COTH BB created NAW. He's 17.2h, and when hes not an NAW, he's a Hanoverian x TB cross by Wertherson. Right now, we're doing the Adult Hunters. Next year, Rumour will do the 1st Year Greens with Winn, and I will show him in the Amateur Owners. Fun stuff I tell you!

Rumour also has another person in his life right now... he is half leased by a boy that shows him in the Childrens Hunters and the 3ft eq. This makes the situation easier while I'm far away at college. Next year he'll be showing him in the Large Juniors and big Eq. HOW EXCITING! hehe. The kid rides him better than I do and continuously makes me look bad. Ah well.

Other than horses, I have one cat, Max, who is 8 mos old, and he's totally crazy. Hes got a brother in my 15 week old Jack Russell Terrier puppy, Hollywood, who I recently acquired from COTH BBs very own Kryswyn. Max's hobbies include chasing Hollywood around the apartment, and Hollywood enjoys harrassing all the other dogs that live in the complex.

Thats about it for me... I've written a small novel. But here's a picture of Rumour & I at our most recent horse show.

Peggy
Aug. 31, 2001, 10:22 PM
Somehow missed this between starting school and acquiring a really nasty case of the flu--nothing like talking for 2.5 hours with a really nasty sore throat. I teach chemistry at a community college

My name is my name. I'm 46 and an actual native Southern Californian. I've done some of everything-- jumpers, eq, hunters, eventing, dressage. Three of my four horses have been bay TB geldings; the other was a palomino mare. I got my current TB through 4th level dressage before he went mysteriously lame on and off for about 2 years. He's been reasonably sound (with maintenance) for the last year, but I haven't managed to show since he's managed to do something to himself just as entries close.

My other furry creature is a calico cat, named for a god of chaos. She is currently making really strange noises somewhere in the house. We live in what realtors call a "Spanish revival bungalow," all 984 glorious square feet of it. I could probably sell it and buy a small farm in other parts of the country.

JRG
Sep. 1, 2001, 04:45 AM
I am part of the over 30 crowd. Married to a great guy, and the only "children" I have is a dog and a horse (sometimes I will lump my husband in that catagory). We met in Oklahoma, and he took a job up here in Pennsylvania.

I am originally from Canada and made my way one winter for Oklahoma. I looked at a map and decieded it was a lot warmer down there, so packed up some belongings, tools and the dog and away I went.

I am a farrier by trade, but recently became semi retired to take a job that doens't kill me. Someone thought I would be good about managing there inventory. Turns out they were right and I love it. Early morning hours and no weekends, I think I lucked out. I gives me lots of time to ride my horse.

He is an OTTB that I found on the internet. After an exhausting two year search for something that was sound, over 16 hands and had could jump the larger things, I saw him and thought I have nothing to loose. After all some of the horses I looked at knew little more than he did with a much larger price tag.

So now I am a member of the Baby Green support group, and found that it is much easier to deal with the "set backs" when you have other people doing the same thing. Plus I have a great system for OTTB's, and this guy is going to be great. You get to know what you are looking for, and he shows some talant.

After about 25 years of riding all over Ontario and now branching out in the states I am looking forward to showing here. Zone 2 is supposed to be pretty competative, and with the calabar of riders I have seen I will love the challange.

OnceAThief
Sep. 2, 2001, 04:57 PM
Realized that I kept meaning to do this, but hadn't yet - eek.

My name is Anne, but I'm try desperately to go by Annie - this usually results in people singing, "Tomorrow," at me or long-time friends snickering. Oh well - as long as people stop mistaking m name for, "Man" and I'm happy!

I'm 20 and a junior/senior at USC, going for a double degree in Psych and English. Feel free to make obnoxious comments about fluffy degrees, grad school, or fast-food service here - it doesn't bother me anymore since I happen to like both subjects.

I currently have 3 horses - Kate, the wonder mare who is leased out to the awesome BaileyBff's stable in Myrtle Beach (meaning, my horse has a much better tan than I do), Swift (the Swift horse, Swiffer, or Piff to his friends) a 10yo TB who came off of the track in Feb and has managed to hurt himself daily since then, and my golden boy, William, a 2.5 year old DWB gelding who I've had since he was 9 months old. He's perfect. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

If, by some odd chance I have free time (my class schedule is kicking my butt right now) I'm either wasting money on eBay, hanging out with my roommates, or watching (personal weekeness time) cheesy teenybopper movies of the Freddie Prinze Jr/Julia Stiles persuasion.

My roommates are celebrity-hounds, so they've been dragging me along with them when they go out. Below is a picture from one of our trips this summer - we went to see the band, The Calling. I'm in the black shirt, making a typical for me face..

-------
Swift's Injuries: 4 Major, 20 Minor, 9 XRays. Injuries to rider: 6.

E
Sep. 2, 2001, 06:44 PM
I doubt anyone's reading these anymore but if Sara did one I'll have to do one...sigh!

Hi everyone my name is Elizabeth and am currently a freshman at St. Catherine's High School in Richmond, VA. I am 14 years old, but from what I hear most people doubt my age. I have an huge intresest in science and plan to go to Va Tech, Duke, or NCSU and then Med School, at some undetirmed school curently, to become a radiologist. Yes I do have my life planned out for the most part...

I have three horses, Rag (Hansel Rag) a 21 year old Irish TB retiree, Reddy (Melted Fire) a 17 year old American Mutt Childrens Hunter in a tight spot but mostly a trail horse for my mom, and my horse Medzo (Intermedzo Du Clair Logis...er...I mean Intermedzo) He's my super cool 9 y/o Belgiam WB Chld/Adult Jumper, Chld M&S and soon to be BigEq horse...anyone coming to Ocala don't come running when you hear my name!

Also my parents own a 21.5 acre parcel of land in Goochland County, Va. Curently Reddy and Rag's "retirement home" is being finished tomorrow, even though they won't be moving for several years.

The way to find me at horseshows:
The farm I show at has a collection of Big Mouth Billy Basses.
My horse has a super cool baby pad with his name in Rainbow THREAD, that's a big fav at Culpeper.
I sport a CO SJ2000.
And my horse looks like a typical TB just with a MONGO tail and no will to race and win at any time.

R&R
"Dmklinger: LOL - sorry - wouldn't know a backstreet boy if one came up and bit me!!"
Now if that isn't a classic!

ImpsDelight
Sep. 8, 2001, 07:18 AM
here I is, fashionably late. I'm in the ever popular early 30's divorced age group, and, although my name is Heidi, I'm the physical antithesis of Canadian Heidi. I de-code and *discover* genes for a living, woo-hoo. Any other molecular biologists/geneticists out there??

Once upon a time, while my parents were the funds, I showed in hunters and jumpers, mostly local stuff. Rode lots of green TB's for my instructor, and had 2 of my own that I miss horribly (one was a victim of old age, the other a victim of college). To avoid inevitable psychiatry bills, my friends found me a free older TB. Since there is no such thing as a free horse, (Murphy's Law), this one is either unflappable, or a total nutjob. Think Mega-TB-Moment. Also, she's pathologically attached to me /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif But she's sweet as they come, great eye candy, and sound. My goal this winter is to take lessons on her.

I haven't shown in 10+ years, but reading the experiences of other single women and how they support their horses (and vice versa!) has inspired me. I look forward to more time on this BB.

Oh, my username is the title of a song I couldn't get out of my head when I signed up on the BB /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Rosey
Sep. 8, 2001, 08:27 AM
I'm 18, out of highschool, butwill be going to Trinity in Dublin next year for college, while I train with Grainne Sugars and the Bartles from England.
I started riding when I was 3 on a Welsh pony called Missy. She was REALLY fat, but really sweet. Currently, I own:
Trudy: an APHA (Paint) black and white mare. She is 18 years old, now retired. She was my barrel horse when I was riding Western.
Teddy: A 5 yo black Dutch Warmblood gelding, a funny guy for dressage.
Velvet Breeze (Velvet): Trudy's 2000 filly. She is black and white. She is going to be my trail horse, pony horse, and maybe a barrel horse...if I choose to show Western again.
I ride dressage, currently 4th level. I am thinking about getting into Hunters now.
My non-horsey interests are: art, writing, camping, hiking, running, playing violin, dancing...horses /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
No boyfriend and the moment...and I don't want one.
Nice to meet everyone!
Rosey
Oh, if you want to know all of the locations:
Born in California, currently located in Washington

Sep. 8, 2001, 10:57 AM
Well I don't think I have ever properly introduced myself, even when I first came here. I was here when the COTH boards came to existence, never really posted much, and I was under a different user name. So here I am. My name is Nikki and I'm eighteen. I live in Dallas, Texas... actually a suburb more close to Ft Worth near the big airport that even *I* still get lost in.
Currently I'm at school... I'm a first year student at Louisiana State University. Right now my major is Anthropology but most likely I'm going to change it. I love it here. FREEEEEEDOM /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif But I do miss my friends, family and pets...
I have one horse, a black Trakehner mare. She's awesome. Unfortunately, the past few months I've been taking a little hiatus from riding, only riding about once a week, just a light hack. I do miss it... a lot. I also have a jack russell terrier who has so much personality you wouldn't believe it. I also have a Schnauzer and a Siamese cat who I've had for 13 years and probably right this second she is crying and grieving for me... since she misses me so much.

Well I guess that's it... there is a link to my Photopoint page in my profile if you want to see pics.

The LSU game is tonight against Utah State hehehe /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif last Saturday we slaughtered Tulane /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

* Fiero *

Kryswyn
Mar. 30, 2002, 07:56 PM
and to my absolute amazement, found that I DID NOT POST ON IT! Where was I? What was I thinking??

It was really good to go back and 'reaquaint' myself with everybody. People who were new a year ago are now familiar screen names.

Of course, I now know I've gotten Dogschushu and Miniwelsh horribly confused in my head. Possibly I can be excused because I think they're both short, cute, and blonde. Oh well, back to reading....

~Kryswyn~
"Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo"

Bumpkin
Mar. 31, 2002, 10:48 AM
Are you going to post about yourself???

I am amazed how people have moved around in such a short time /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Kinsella
Mar. 31, 2002, 11:43 AM
Thank you for posting or I would have never seen this thread!!

My name is Angela and I am an addict. A Caramello addict that is (that's what my co-workers tell me anyway!!) I am also a habitual BB lurker. I ocassionally post, but usually just read. But I am going to try to join the ranks of real BBers!!

I have a coming 7yo (in May) Old/TB cross that wants to be a big eq horse. Unfortunately I am way too old and way too short for the eq divisions!! Oh well, he'll have to cope! I also dabble in breeding occassionally - it's where my heart really is. I live in Lexington, KY and hate it here!! This weather is killing me!! I was in CA for 3+ years and I miss "Sunny and 70" every day!!

Let's see... I have 2 dogs - Kinsella (hence the name) and Milli (Bristol Whippet and Corgi respectively).

And while this topic has returned... What does everyone like OTHER THAN horses? Me - Hockey and Baseball And movies and music...

Life is what happens while you are busy making plans.

michigan
Mar. 31, 2002, 07:30 PM
Well i'm Claire and take a wild guess...i live in michigan!! Overalley [ that can't be a word but oh well , i'm homeschooled so i can make up words ! ] i like our state pretty well , at least my little corner of it . Not too much snow down in the southeastern corner . My dream is to move to south carolina... its warm there, and pretty too! My then to be rich friend says she's moving there and opening a riding stable , i'll be her trainer then!

Ok enough about the " future " Back to the present . I'm 16 years old , have more responsibility at my job [ that i can have because i'm homeschooled ] then some 20 year olds. I have had my horse , eddie who is a half arab , for about a year and a half now .He's 23 , but a very young 23 year old , and i'm going to do training and 1st level dressage with him this year , but just at schooling shows . Don't really have the $$ for recognized !

If you ever feel like chit chatting to me , my AIm is clairedressage and i love talking to new people !

Forward/softness=0

RumoursFollow
Mar. 31, 2002, 09:09 PM
how the times change! LOL Actually I posted that not all that long before I made the big switch!

I guess I will leave up my old post for nostalgic purposes. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-----------------------------
RumoursFollow
Ten Oaks Farm (http://www.geocities.com/tenoakssc/index.html)
-----------------------------

piaffeprincess98
Apr. 1, 2002, 04:02 AM
My name is Lindsay, I'm 15 and i live in Stafford, VA. I'm a freshman at Stafford High School. I've been riding since i was 7 (i started at Hazelwild). I'm into dressage/eventing. I'm showing training level dressage, schooling 1st/2nd. I haven't done too much eventing yet, but once my mare gets back into shape, we'll get going again. my trainer is Nicky Vogel. I own 3 horses, Palais is my 8 year old Hanoverian mare. she's chestnut w/ a star and little hind sock. she's about 16.2hh. i bought her from Hilton Farm back in June of 2000. She's schooled prelim fences and shown 2nd level. my first horse was Olympia Dude, a Paint gelding (i was in LOVE w/ paints at the time!). he helped me alot and i learned alot, but i had to sell him b/c he had arthritis. i also have Nikita, a Han/TB/Qh mare. she's 5 and VERY green, but i now have a nice girl leasing her and taking lessons from Nicky and they get along well, so she should get better. she has very nice movement, so i think she could go pretty high w/ the dressage. she's also 15.2hh, so she's little!

then there's Toppers.....what can i say about my little man? i love him to death. he's a 10 year old Mini gelding. he was technically my "first horse". he's 30 inches tall, red dun in color. he tries his heart out for me all the time, 100%. if he doesn't think he can do a jump, he'll "tell" me, "mom, i don't think i can do this". he also drives, and i'm gonna have a few lessons w/ Nicky to teach him some basic lateral work. he already knows the turn on the forehand pretty well. he never gets scared of any jump or anything.

hmmm.....what else? i'm really big into photography and corie (obiliviousjumper87) are best friends. we've been to the Festival of Champions, Dressage @ Devon, and Fair Hill together to take pics and had a blast. (you may have seen me hundreds of pics i post! haha!) i use a digital camera. we're finally going to Rolex this year also! i'm soooooo excited! corie does jumpers and we'll be at every Culpeper show this year! Corie and I also have our unofficial company, CorLin PROductions. We're excited to get that started and some day, we want to own our own place and train and show horses and have the photogrpahy business on the side.

some more stuff about me.....I collect Breyer model horses and have about 250. i am a nut about horse books and videos. i've been getting alot of those lately! i'm also in the backstreet boys (shut up! i know what you're thinking! lol), 98*, westlife, the calling, and Lifehouse absolutely rocks!

i'm extremely excited b/c we found a small farm and we'll hopefully be moving right after Rolex. i'll try to keep everyone updated on our progress and all.

well, that's about all there is to me. if you wanna know more, please post or IM me @ piaffeprincess98. (hah, like anyone would be interested! lol).

~*Lindsay*~
A proud co-owner of CorLin PRO-ductions. Watch out horseworld, here we come!

piaffeprincess98
Apr. 1, 2002, 04:03 AM
here's my greenie Nikita w/ Corie riding her.

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Apr. 1, 2002, 04:04 AM
not like you all haven't seen these pics a million times.....but here's Palais at a Morven Park schooling show.

~*Lindsay*~