PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE--Panache Equestrian/Ordering from UK

Snugglerug
May. 4, 2012, 01:28 PM
How long before I should expect an item to arrive when shipping from the UK to Michigan?

I ordered a Pikeur dressage jacket from Panache Equestrian. They charged my credit card on April 11th, but I still haven't received the coat. I emailed them on April 30th, very nicely, saying I understood shipping would take longer due to shipping to the states, but I would just like to know about when I could expect it. I got no response. I emailed them today, and said that if I didn't get a response to my email in a timely fashion, I'd have to dispute the charge on my cc.

It's been 23 days. I do see on the website that custom orders can take up to 28 days, but this is off-the-rack, so to speak. Nothing custom about it.

Should I be concerned? Or patient? I wasn't too worried until they didn't respond to my email.

HCF
May. 4, 2012, 02:06 PM
I considered ordering a jacket from Panache, but I could not get them to return an email answering any of my questions, so I chose not to order from them. I have ordered at least 2 other times from other UK tack shops and both times received my items within a week. Good luck!

Snugglerug
May. 4, 2012, 02:08 PM
Oh boy. Thanks HCF. I may end up being very glad I used AmEx. At least I know they've got my back.

ponysize
May. 4, 2012, 05:52 PM
Were you issued a tracking number? Have you tried calling them? Just because you sent an email doesn't mean they are getting received.

Snugglerug
May. 4, 2012, 09:05 PM
I was not issued a tracking number or even told how they were being shipped. I just got an email confirming the order. Calling is difficult due to the time difference and my working hours, but I will try to call over the weekend.

And if they are not receiving email sent to the address on their website, that is their fault. Since I'm not the only one not getting a response, either their website is wrong, or they just aren't responding. Either way, unprofessional. In this day and age, any company with a web presence should be paying attention to electronic communication from customers.

J Lav
May. 6, 2012, 01:43 PM
I'm not surprised to read this. I know people in the UK who have had the same problems.

I think that what tends to happen is that they only carry a limited amount of stock (though the website would suggest otherwise) and then they have to try to get the stock from Pikeur or Cavallo which takes time. They don't tell the customer in case they cancel the order and go elsewhere where they wouldn't have to wait.

IME you'd be better of going to Dressage Deluxe or Classic Dressage if buying from the UK.

Amira Equi also tend to have good reviews from those in the US that have used them.

mavis
May. 19, 2012, 04:06 AM
If they find it difficult to honour an order, they should update the customer.

How difficult is it to email in this day and age?

Snugglerug
May. 19, 2012, 10:33 AM
Mavis, go get 'em. I have not received the jacket or any communication from the company. I disputed the charge with AmEx, and they immediately removed it pending investigation. I will post the outcome. I'm also thinking of complaining to Pikuer about their dealer.

Event4Life
May. 19, 2012, 10:50 AM
Mavis, go get 'em. I have not received the jacket or any communication from the company. I disputed the charge with AmEx, and they immediately removed it pending investigation. I will post the outcome. I'm also thinking of complaining to Pikuer about their dealer.

Why did you order from the UK? Are there no US dealers at all??

Snugglerug
May. 19, 2012, 11:03 AM
There are many US dealers. This particular jacket runs $365 in US, but including shipping runs $195 in US dollars if ordered from UK. Same thing with certain brands of breeches. And other things, I would assume. I think I just picked the wrong dealer.

mavis
May. 19, 2012, 11:57 AM
I spoke to another UK e-tailer who found it very puzzling as they don't have this issue with Cavallo.

Event4Life
May. 19, 2012, 12:11 PM
There are many US dealers. This particular jacket runs $365 in US, but including shipping runs $195 in US dollars if ordered from UK. Same thing with certain brands of breeches. And other things, I would assume. I think I just picked the wrong dealer.

Ahh, I see..I was all "I'm sure I've heard of them in the US!" I'm a bit out of the showing loop, and sometimes get confused as I've spent most of the past 5 years in The UK/Europe.

Good luck, I hope you get your money back! Here are some places you could try (sometimes google searching in the uk/europe gives more options for uk stores than doing so from the us. Ask me how I know, lol, this is the.story.of.my.life!).

http://www.amirashop.co.uk/acatalog/Pikeur_Ladies_Show_Jackets.html not heard of them but they seem to do a lot of high end names...

http://www.dressagedeluxe.co.uk/Shop.asp?action=cc&cid=132&viewmode=ViewList

http://www.classequestrian.co.uk/

Can put the word out on fb if you'd like - I'm still in touch with UK horsey friends from uni days!

Snugglerug
May. 19, 2012, 12:37 PM
Thank you for the links! I've heard many good things about amira. I'll check those sites out; looks like I'm going to have to reorder!

BMargieRad
May. 19, 2012, 02:39 PM
I have ordered from Amira, Classic Dressage and Deluxe Dressage multiple times with no issues. I have also ordered from Pananche, and if the item is in stock, it's no problem and gets shipped right away. When they have to order from a vendor it can take up to months. The same thing with Amira, but I have had no issues with communication with Amira. The special orders from Amira have taken a fees months to get, but they have always been correct. The special order from Panache was wrong size, wrong color and took months to get. No help returning it either, so won't order from them again.
That being said, I usually now order from Deluxe and Classic- they seem to carry a larger inventory and have had excellent communication and quick turn around even on special order items.

europa
May. 21, 2012, 11:30 AM
I bought from Amira and was surprised by how quickly I got my order.

I ordered from Panache and got velvet on a collar that I did not order. Didn't bother to return it. Lesson learned.

Petstorejunkie
May. 21, 2012, 12:58 PM
Dispute with Amex if it's still not arrived by day 35 and then go order from amira. They were great to deal with.

mavis
May. 21, 2012, 01:26 PM
I have just placed my orders with another e-tailer. They told me they have not had similar issues with Cavallo. There's absolutely no excuse for not sending an email to update a client when you owe them an order (even if you keep saying its not your fault but the manufacturer). At the end of the day, its the retailer who is accountable to the customer. The new etailer i am using made me feel so much more confident about receiving my goods. I am looking forward to receiving my breeches. They told me 6-8 weeks wait is normal; that's fine with me. After all, I had waited for nine months before and have just given up! Hawhawhawhaw

Snugglerug
May. 25, 2012, 09:14 AM
Happy update: thanks to the investigation by AmEx, Panache has removed the charge from my cc. Happily re-ordering from one of the more reputable companies recommended here.

I would advise against doing business with Panache Equestrian. They completely ignored me until AmEx got involved. AmEx I do recommend!

virginia rider
Oct. 6, 2012, 08:18 AM
Update:
Once I notified my credit card company I received an immediate response from the owner. Everything was settled expeditiously. The second pair of breeches were mailed and the third credited. The owner sent a nice personalized email apologizing. I do not know why she never seemed to receive any of my emails prior but certainly once it was brought to her attention she responded quickly.

I first ordered Pikeur breeches through Panache Equestrian's eBay site (Hattie Highhorse). It was great. Received the item quickly, good communication. In the order I received a 10 pound off certificate for Panache Equestrian so I ordered three more pairs of breeches in August since they were cheaper. I was charged for all three and to date have received one pair. I have never received any response to my emails inquiring as to status. No one ever answers the phone. I hope the other breeches will show up but who knows. If not a $250 lesson. I do intend to contact Chase Visa card and see if they have any luck in getting my money refunded.

Equibrit
Oct. 6, 2012, 07:21 PM
I ordered from Amira, who charged my card and then told me the goods would take 6 weeks for them to order. Had to get a refund.

Manhattan
Nov. 6, 2012, 11:40 AM
I've never had a problem with Panache Equestrian.

If the goods are not in stock they've told me how long it will take to get from Germany and my card has not been charged until the goods have been dispatched. I've had Cavallo and Pikeur breeches and Pikeur jackets without any problem - they've arrived quickly and the prices are very good.

I've recommended them to lots of my friends and I've not heard one complaint -Vanessa is really helpful, she has lots of stock and she can check on the Pikeur stock system to see if them have something similar, if she does not have exactly what you want.

Maybe I've been lucky but I dont think so.

onceandfuture
Nov. 7, 2012, 04:05 PM
Any time I order Pikeur breeches or jackets from one of the UK companies, I email to ask what they have in stock in the size and models that I'm interested in. That way they can see what they have on hand and also check to see what Pikeur has in stock. They'll reply to let you know what is available. If Pikeur has the item in stock, it will take about a week for the UK company to get it from Pikeur and then they ship. If Pikeur doesn't have the item in stock it takes weeks to manufacture it. By emailing you'll know up front.

schwaja
Mar. 20, 2013, 12:42 AM
These people are out of business. And not before they took $300 for a breeches order, never sent the merchandise, never answered my emails. Their website is down. Their Facebook page has been deleted. The phone # they had listed on their site was a fax number that never picked up. Now I'm trying to go through my CC company to get my $ back, but I think I'm just going to be out of luck.