PDA

View Full Version : Harding exonerated for being late at World Cup

suzy
May. 3, 2012, 10:30 AM
http://chronofhorse.com/article/harding%E2%80%99s-score-corrected-reem-acra-fei-world-cup-dressage-final-gr

mbm
May. 3, 2012, 11:14 AM
while its great that she was exonerated - i am not sure how they can make those kinds of judgments from a video..... video has a real tendency to warp time - especially if you are talking about 1 or 2 seconds.....

i think they need a better way of dbl checking.

flyracing
May. 3, 2012, 02:09 PM
while its great that she was exonerated - i am not sure how they can make those kinds of judgments from a video..... video has a real tendency to warp time - especially if you are talking about 1 or 2 seconds.....

i think they need a better way of dbl checking.

It was not just 1 or 2 seconds. also the video determined the countdown clock was started several seconds before the bell rang. Videos are very good at NOT warping seconds. I've put together some very well working freestyles (have won HOY awards) by videoing the choreography and setting the music to it down to milliseconds (for rhythm, ect.)

I could see video having a different vantage point than the judges in terms of making a judgement call, but this wasn't a case of "did the hind foot not break the plane of the arena line at 45.00 seconds". That would be a completely different type of replay than determining if the clock starter made a big error that singled out and punished a rider when the fault clearly did not occur.