PDA

View Full Version : I double dog dare you to buy this saddle

mvp
May. 2, 2012, 06:43 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eyecatcher-White-Leather-Dressage-Saddle-17-5-8-Gullet-STUNNING-/230784733439?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35bbd790ff#ht_3991wt_1398

Kryzlstoff
May. 2, 2012, 06:49 PM
WOW!!
That'll getcha noticed!!!
I've never seen one like that...I guess it'd be cool for exhibitions! :)

kookicat
May. 2, 2012, 06:49 PM
Eek!! I wonder how long it would stay white?! About five minutes around me. :lol:

I guess it settles the black/brown argument though...

hundredacres
May. 2, 2012, 06:51 PM
Ugh. I'm dating myself, but Wayne Newton popped into my head when I saw it.

gardenie
May. 2, 2012, 07:14 PM
Its stunning alright. I cannot wear white, it immediately becomes dirty, so a saddle...hah!

flashwhitelock
May. 2, 2012, 07:29 PM
guess I 'd lose that dare. Why on earth? I'm sorry not even for the particular colored horse etc. Nope, just doesn't fly in my book. It's right up there with the colored cross-country saddles, blech. If someone needs to spend that much time and effort on the "bling" then they need to go back to working on their training. A top horse is a top horse,but no amount of shoe polish can cover over suede and make it look like finished leather.

Aven
May. 2, 2012, 07:29 PM
Ick. White breeches against white dressage saddle. White leather never lasts..

skydy
May. 2, 2012, 08:19 PM
Oh, but think about the matching white bridle (and breast collar?) ! :lol:

How those white bridles compliment a horse's head. :no:

Puddin Pie
May. 2, 2012, 08:28 PM
There was a white lane fox saddle (saddle seat) at the Equestrian Exchange in Concord NC this year! Not sure if it sold. Aren't the Lippizan saddles white as well?

CatPS
May. 2, 2012, 08:30 PM
Nah, it's got short billets. I can't stand short billets. :winkgrin:

JRG
May. 2, 2012, 09:41 PM
Finally!!! Something worse then white breeches.

2tempe
May. 2, 2012, 09:47 PM
There is only ONE positive thing I can say about this saddle...It would make the size of my thighs less obvious. :D

TheHorseProblem
May. 2, 2012, 09:58 PM
You couldn't ride in it after Labor Day.

Sandy M
May. 2, 2012, 10:30 PM
Some years ago, I got my hands on a Steubben catalog that showed one of their stores. In the picture with many saddles on racks on the wall was a black & white dressage version of the "Imperator" model. Now, I have an Imperator AP, in the standard black & London tan. I'd never seen it in B&W, let alone in a dressage saddle style. Striking. But equally hard to keep clean. And you'd have to have white leathers,too, or the seat and black bordered white flaps would stain. Weird.

RedmondDressage
May. 2, 2012, 10:33 PM
I definitely can't imagine riding in it... But I won't lie, if I had a gorgeous modern magazine house I would definitely find a way to work it into the decor. Alas I am not nearly neat enough to have a house like that :rolleyes:

Trevelyan96
May. 2, 2012, 10:34 PM
Yeah, but if maybe if I wore white breeches and boots and put it against a white saddle pad, maybe the judge wouldn't be able to see all my seat and leg mistakes. :winkgrin:

mscapen
May. 2, 2012, 11:09 PM
My though too when I saw an AP made in belgium on a web site in our parts they call it tan and white it is more very pale grey and very light beige comes with matching stirrup leather and briddle to boot. The look is neet not as brash as the all white one but what with the sand of the sand ring and the dust of the arena it would never stay clean... maybe only for trail riding on the perfect day in a grassy meadow with not a speak of mud to be found ... I do not think I can make that affordable.

I would put the link but I can never make that work.

Trop c'est comme pas assez

Ambitious Kate
May. 2, 2012, 11:28 PM
I had the idea to farm myself out cleaning people's tack for $$. I saw that saddle and the bridle to go with it just now and I thought - cool - more work for me. Then I thought, oh, wait...

TheHorseProblem
May. 3, 2012, 12:49 AM
Could it be an Albino...er, Albion?

paulaedwina
May. 3, 2012, 12:58 AM
I think it's gorgeous, but jeez it wouldn't stay white for half a second. If I could conquer that I'd show in it in black breeches. How cool would that be.

Paula

thatsnotme
May. 3, 2012, 01:13 AM
I love it!!! If it fit my horse and me, I would buy it in a second. It has an 8" gullet-did anyone else notice that? What does an 8" gullet fit? I can't even imagine...buffalo, hippo, rhino??? But, the cleaning doesn't actually look that bad to me and without any rhinestones attached, I could totally go white saddle/pad/bridle/girth. My horse doesn't have a white hair on her body though.

paulaedwina
May. 3, 2012, 01:19 AM
In the ad the 8" gullet is wide. I see where you're going: white saddle, white pad.

Paula

CFFarm
May. 3, 2012, 10:57 AM
Maybe if it were $100........not $900. And $199 for shipping? Must fly up front......

WBLover
May. 3, 2012, 11:00 AM
Auction ended and no takers....not surprised. Yuck. And not to mention keeping it white--impossible!! I'd love to see how it looked after a horse walked by and slobbered chewed up grass on it!

Airfern
May. 3, 2012, 11:11 AM
You couldn't ride in it after Labor Day.

LOL, almost choked on my coffee.

NowThatsATrot
May. 3, 2012, 01:14 PM
With my luck, it would be the only saddle that actually fit my horses. :lol:

ThreeFigs
May. 3, 2012, 01:19 PM
Funny, no mention was made of the manufacturer. Except stuffed with synthetic "like Kieffer".

Fine for circuses, parades, exhibitions and the like.

I think the SRS saddles are white buckskin.

moonriverfarm
May. 3, 2012, 01:22 PM
White makes my butt look big. Ger.

netg
May. 3, 2012, 01:24 PM
White makes my butt look big. Ger.

:lol:

If I were using this, it would be on a white/grey horse. But really, if you have white breeches, white saddle, white horse... Do you go with white boots as well? Because who wants your boots to be the part really showing against your horse?

Kyzteke
May. 3, 2012, 05:29 PM
Lots of uses outside USDF competition -- not the only place where dressage is ridden.

Dinner theatre ala("Arab Knights")m circuses, exhibts, etc, etc., Shows like "Calvlia" (sp?),

The white one would look stunning with a long, gauzey silver skirt and gypsy blouse...admit it!:)

swgarasu
May. 3, 2012, 05:47 PM
I think it's awesome. The black and white one too. I wouldn't buy them, but I think they look cool.

SwampYankee
May. 3, 2012, 05:57 PM
I love it!!! If it fit my horse and me, I would buy it in a second. It has an 8" gullet-did anyone else notice that? What does an 8" gullet fit? I can't even imagine...buffalo, hippo, rhino??? But, the cleaning doesn't actually look that bad to me and without any rhinestones attached, I could totally go white saddle/pad/bridle/girth. My horse doesn't have a white hair on her body though.

I'll bet real money this was made for the Friesian people. If you go on eBay you'll see they also sell tons of white bridles, white presentation halters; apparently in the Friesian breed shows in Europe this is the proper show tack.

It's a good thing that saddle already sold or I might have done something stupid . . . :D

PiaffePlease
May. 3, 2012, 06:23 PM
Maybe Im alone in this, Im kinda diggin it. I like very unique stuff though.

FLeventer
May. 3, 2012, 07:01 PM
Is this the Tekna model?

lucky_jump253
May. 3, 2012, 09:54 PM
I never have understood why people think the words "white" and "horses" should ever be used together. It's a law of nature- put something white near a horse and dirt/slobber/manure is magnetically attracted to it.

SwampYankee
May. 3, 2012, 09:57 PM
I never have understood why people think the words "white" and "horses" should ever be used together. It's a law of nature- put something white near a horse and dirt/slobber/manure is magnetically attracted to it.

That's why the Army originally went in for olive drab--it hides manure stains & grassy slobber!

OTOH, the person who decreed white breeches for showing HAD to be a masochist. Or have lots of slaves. Or both! :lol:

Unfforgettable
May. 5, 2012, 12:14 AM
Look at the bright side....no black to rub off on white breeches. ;)

Niennor
May. 5, 2012, 08:20 AM

:yes::yes::yes:

colorfan
May. 5, 2012, 10:54 AM
:lol:

thathorse
May. 5, 2012, 04:36 PM
My first inclination is to tie dye it. Or attach pegasus wings to it:-D

not again
May. 5, 2012, 04:43 PM
This one already has wings:
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/397/312304.html :winkgrin:

Foxtrot's
May. 5, 2012, 06:10 PM
Put it on a white horse and everyone would think you were doing an excellent job riding bareback :)

skippy60
May. 5, 2012, 06:22 PM
Actually, if i had a black horse i would look into that

dalpal
May. 6, 2012, 02:54 PM
There is only ONE positive thing I can say about this saddle...It would make the size of my thighs less obvious. :D

And I could wear shorts and my legs would actually look tan. :lol::lol:

SnicklefritzG
May. 6, 2012, 04:15 PM
I could never buy it because white always makes butts looker bigger than they really are and I don't need that.

Alibhai's Alibar
May. 6, 2012, 04:44 PM
4 days later, I'm still chuckling at the Albino and Labor Day comments :lol:

TheHorseProblem
May. 6, 2012, 10:31 PM
4 days later, I'm still chuckling at the Albino and Labor Day comments :lol:

:D

Long Spot
May. 7, 2012, 01:52 AM
This one already has wings:
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/397/312304.html :winkgrin:

I'm strangely attracted to that. Not in an "I'd use that" kind of way, but golly wouldn't that be cute on a hellion pony!

And, I also have Always commercials going through my head now thanks to your post!