PDA

View Full Version : Bloody mouth!

alibi_18
May. 2, 2012, 09:34 AM
The FEI as double standards regarding the blood rule!

They should have stopped her! :eek:

Karen O'Connor on Mr. Medicott (https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/582170_401162169917412_209667785733519_1269651_105 2964561_n.jpg)

She got the 4th place!!!! :cool:

Eventers are crazy folks!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

ponysize
May. 2, 2012, 09:38 AM
I believe there were actually two riders with bloody mouths that day.

http://chronofhorse.com/photos_videos?page=0&nid=34420

evntr5218
May. 2, 2012, 09:46 AM

Karen O'Connor on Mr. Medicott (https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/582170_401162169917412_209667785733519_1269651_105 2964561_n.jpg)

now that is funny! :D

Oberon13
May. 2, 2012, 09:51 AM
tee hee :D

Seriously, though, Karen is a tough lady. She came off Veronica earlier that day (after Veronica jumped a skinny chevron with Karen hanging half off the horse....good pony), then busted her mouth on Mr. Medicott...wow.

netg
May. 2, 2012, 11:45 AM
The blood was mentioned on the broadcast - I thought that they said it was her nose, but I doubt they would have known instantly. She toughed it out alright!

I believe there was at least one horse stopped on course for blood, who was allowed to complete after being checked by a vet? I haven't seen much about it, but believe I read that in an article somewhere and haven't seen more details since.

SGray
May. 2, 2012, 12:08 PM

as long as none of it dripped on the horse ;)

ponysize
May. 2, 2012, 12:19 PM
I believe there was at least one horse stopped on course for blood, who was allowed to complete after being checked by a vet? I haven't seen much about it, but believe I read that in an article somewhere and haven't seen more details since.

Yes, had blood on the knee. Becky Holder and Can't Fire Me. They pulled her up to inspect and first said they would allow her to continue, then reversed their decision.

LaraNSpeedy
May. 2, 2012, 10:58 PM
I was so sad for Becky because she was at the second to last fence cross country and out of 57 who started - only 32 finished.

Michael Pollard on Icarus - his wife's horse - finished with some blood on his foot - I think raked on a fence. And he did not compete him in Stadium the next day.

I actually really enjoyed the eventing dressage. SUCH variety because at that level - you dont have all really great moving dressage horses - you have some great movers and you have some very athletic jumpers doing the best they can. Like Paget's horse - very well ridden and very obediant. IMHO

You should watch Sal Dali's test. The horse just was beside herself. Never walked a step and there was a lot of walk in the test. I really felt like hugging the rider - it was a nightmare. BUT the horse was one of the clean ones cross country! =)

I especially also loved Dutton on his young horse - mobile halt? (LOL). You could tell Phillip did not even bother putting a lot of stock into getting that. LOL. But with maturity, that horse will have better and better dressage tests.

NOMIOMI1
May. 2, 2012, 11:19 PM
And people say football is tough :lol::lol: Rock on eventers!

You want strong? Try eventer strong!

quietann
May. 3, 2012, 09:51 AM
I actually really enjoyed the eventing dressage. SUCH variety because at that level - you dont have all really great moving dressage horses - you have some great movers and you have some very athletic jumpers doing the best they can. Like Paget's horse - very well ridden and very obediant. IMHO

You should watch Sal Dali's test. The horse just was beside herself. Never walked a step and there was a lot of walk in the test. I really felt like hugging the rider - it was a nightmare. BUT the horse was one of the clean ones cross country! =)

I also love watching eventing dressage; the horses and riders are not cookie-cutter. The **** test is roughly a 4th level test, but like many eventing dressage tests it really emphasizes accuracy and precision over anything "fancy" (which is not to say that some of these horses could not go out and win at 4th level!) Note also that the vast majority of the riders rode the test in a snaffle.

Sally O'Connor's commentary was fabulous and funny. She was quite, um, pointed about how the horses and riders coped, or didn't, when flying changes were added to the test some years ago.

Sal Dali's test was just painful to watch... that was a very, very unhappy horse. The rider, Beth Perkins, is in her late 50s and has quite the eventing pedigree herself (parents owned Huntington in Vermont and ran the horse trials there for many years, she competed in the World Cup at age 18, and was short-listed for the Montreal Olympics at age 20.) I suspect she prefers X/C over dressage, just like her horse!