PDA

View Full Version : Question for you all!

sunnycher
May. 1, 2012, 09:36 PM
I am a low level eventer, ride out on the trails and ride at home - my hubby graciously volunteers to secretary our local dressage and derby shows and I go with him always (I ride in the derbies). My question for you all is this, our first schooling dressage show is this weekend, and I entered my young horse - 5 y.o - in training 1 and 3. Can I wear dark breeches, don't own white, what do you think?

kbennett322
May. 1, 2012, 09:41 PM
If it's a local GMO schooling show your dark breeches should be OK. I would check the omnibus or website, mostly to see if they specifically prohibit them.

As long as you are neat and put together, I dont think you will have any problems.

Have fun!

sunnycher
May. 1, 2012, 10:19 PM
Thank you! I'll check, I don't think I have a 'white breeches' body, unfortunately...

runnyjump
May. 2, 2012, 09:54 AM
Neat and clean. And your hubby gets a gold star!

quietann
May. 2, 2012, 10:53 AM
Until you get to FEI, you don't *have* to wear white breeches even at recognized shows. "White or light colored" says the rules. For a schooling show, dark breeches should be fine, but double-check with show management because standards really vary.

If you have a little money to spend and want to wear light breeches, try these (http://www.smartpakequine.com/smartslim-ultra-10368p.aspx). Pricey, but definitely smooth things out and are not over-heating.

Gloria
May. 2, 2012, 01:57 PM
Don't you have beige colored breeches? They are perfectly fine even at rated shows.

sunnycher
May. 2, 2012, 02:14 PM
Thank you - those smart slim pants look good.

I don't have tan, but have some khaki.

yes, my hubby is a sweetie to do it, since horses are not his thing, but mine. He is a pretty good sport, although, the air sometimes gets a bit 'blue' around him when people start making changes, etc, etc.....