PDA

View Full Version : Heather Moffett Vogue saddles

ljo
May. 1, 2012, 05:14 PM
Does anybody have one? How do you like it? Does your horse move better with the softtree/treeless saddle?

ljo
May. 1, 2012, 06:36 PM
I've never seen a used one for less than $1800 and there is one on Ebay for $1001. I am very tempted. They are beautiful saddles and they have great reviews in England.

lddowler
May. 2, 2012, 12:21 AM
I had the prototype for the Vogue, called the SBS Flexion and I later did ride in the vogue. Here's what I can tell you:

The horses love them. The rider has the sensation of sitting on a cloud. It makes for a lovely deep and connected seat and because there is a real gullet it is quite stable laterally. I found the workmanship to be very good, the leather to be very good, and I did love the sensation of being able to feel my horse's back.

The Vogue actually was quite structured and felt more like a traditional dressage saddle than the SBS. The SBS had virtually no twist, you really had to spread your legs. It was not uncomfortable because the seat was so conforming, but the muscles did take some time to adjust to such a stretch! I owned my SBS for 3 years and sold it because it didn't have enough stability from front to back, ie NO pomell. Also, the stirrups detached very easily from the saddle, a couple of times while I was riding. I found the Vogue had remedied those problems quite well, however having a slightly reactive horse, I opted for a treed saddle.

I certainly would by another soft-tree or semi-tree saddle again for pleasure riding, or when my mare is quiet enough that I would feel confident riding with a little less support.

If you ride with a passive seat and leg, the treeless are great. If you use a driving seat and a lot of leg, you will likely find yourself fighting to stay in the saddle.

ljo
May. 2, 2012, 03:40 AM
Interesting Iddowler. Thanks for your input! Now I'm really tempted to buy it on Ebay!

chebeau
May. 6, 2012, 09:15 PM
I have used the Vogue for the last year. For my hard to fit gelding, it has been wonderful. He moves freely. I personally really like the position it puts me in and find it very comfortable. If you can find a good deal, jump on it. I paid retail, but have no regrets.

Happy riding,
Jessie and the Stinky Pony aka Bosco

RillRill
May. 7, 2012, 05:01 AM
Do a search on this forum; I am saving up for one! I've ridden in treeless for the last 8 years, but only the Barefoot ones. Tried a Heather Moffett late last year - beautiful. Horse who goes good in Barefoot treeless goes GREAT in the Fhoenix. I have bulging discs in lower back and it was heaven to me, all that squashy memory foam! Love it love it. I am constantly watching on ebay for them but in Australia we don't get many bargains, so I've decided to buy one brand new after looking around & researching. Can't wait! Let us know if you get it and how you like it!
PS join the treeless group on yahoo, heaps of helpful people there :)