PDA

View Full Version : {Pics} of my son and his pony!

Baileybff
Dec. 8, 2002, 02:16 PM
I know...I'm a picture freak! Here are a few pic's of my son and his pony (Frosted Flakes...aka...Tony the Pony).

I RODE, I RODE...Well, if you can call it that....I RODE!!

Baileybff
Dec. 8, 2002, 02:16 PM
I know...I'm a picture freak! Here are a few pic's of my son and his pony (Frosted Flakes...aka...Tony the Pony).

ponyjumper4
Dec. 8, 2002, 02:19 PM
Awww, they are so cute!!!

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses."
~R. Graham

Baileybff
Dec. 8, 2002, 02:19 PM
On the lunge...doing exercises!

Baileybff
Dec. 8, 2002, 02:21 PM
that I will subject you to anyway, lol.
After a hard days work...

Just My Style
Dec. 8, 2002, 02:23 PM
My son is 2 1/2 and those pictures are my dream! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"I never met a donut that I didn't like."

Shaina
Dec. 8, 2002, 02:24 PM
They're adorable /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and both look very happy!

~Shaina~

Nitro's Mommy
Dec. 8, 2002, 02:27 PM
How cute!!! Tell your son I'll watch for him in the Olympics in a few years /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" --Steven Wright

HuntJumpSC
Dec. 8, 2002, 02:28 PM
I wanna see more!!!! What a great little team they make! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifSUZ

~~~"It weren't me...Booger done it!"~~~

Baileybff
Dec. 8, 2002, 02:29 PM
Here's one of just my boy showing off his new ATH, lol...He's a proud member of the APPROVED clique, he he!
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Baileybff
Dec. 8, 2002, 02:33 PM
'cept for the fact that his chaps are coming unzipped and the open pinky, lol...oh well...a 5 yo can't be perfect ALLLLL the time, lol.

RolyPolyPony
Dec. 8, 2002, 02:33 PM
Awww!!! They are both too cute!

Member of the drafties/drafties X clique!

montegobay
Dec. 8, 2002, 02:41 PM
Ok, I know he's your son and all...but you could slap a big bow around them both and ship them to me for xmas. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif They are so freakin' cute!!!

Court@HJ-OH
Dec. 8, 2002, 02:45 PM
Ahh pictures galore lately!!!

P.s. I will just die if my kids aren't horse crazy like I was when i was young. I am sure they will though...it is in our blood.

**Courtney**

"I may not agree with what someone has to say, but I will die for their right to say it" every American

BenRidin
Dec. 8, 2002, 02:48 PM
Those are the cutest!!! That is such a sweet looking pony! You son looks so cute, especially the one where he is modeling his helmet!! Awww /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~BenRidin

carribean
Dec. 8, 2002, 03:27 PM
I loff them both!

**anna**
*~Proud Founder of the H/J Paints Clique~*

Melzy
Dec. 8, 2002, 04:00 PM
Adorable photos. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I can tell you are a safety awareness mother. Approved helmet, boots and safety stirrups. Good example to your son. He looks like he is enjoying his kind pony. I wish my 5 year old boy could ride with him.

Best wishes to all of you. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Elmo
Dec. 8, 2002, 04:01 PM
TOO CUTE!!!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

crackerjack
Dec. 8, 2002, 04:26 PM
They're just too cute... I've always wanted kids so that they would ride and I could buy little chaps, little paddock boots, little helmets, little ponies...... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I don't know anymore what's a cat & what's just an inanimate object covered in cat hair.

LaurieB
Dec. 8, 2002, 04:43 PM
You are so lucky to have a boy that wants to ride. Mine said he would get on a pony only if I could figure out a way to attach an engine to it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Britney
Dec. 8, 2002, 05:32 PM
Your son is so adorable! I loff him in his little ATH! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I'm so glad to see he actually wants to ride. I hope if I have a son he'll want to ride, because little boys on ponies are so cute! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~Rush Hour~
*Children's Jumper Clique*Thoroughbred Clique*NH Clique*

"... Tiny tots, with their eyes all aglow, will find it hard to sleep tonight."

doubletake
Dec. 8, 2002, 05:33 PM
They are such a cute (and safe) pair! Cute kid, cute pony! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ThoroughlyBred94
Dec. 8, 2002, 07:41 PM
Om my lord, he is just greatness! Very cute!

**Matt-11/02/81-10/30/02**love you always
thoroughbred clique, rust clique,and founder of young trainers clique

cookiesncream
Dec. 8, 2002, 08:16 PM
Your kid and his pony are so cute!

/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif But did any one else notice the footing in that ring?!?! It looked in the pictures like the worst footing I have ever seen in a ring in my entire life! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

ShowBiz
Dec. 8, 2002, 08:19 PM
Keep 'em coming! Your son is adorable & his pony is to die for! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

.·´¯`¤ . · : * °xoxo.·´¯`¤ . ï
Dec. 8, 2002, 08:19 PM
They are soooo cute!!!!!! I love the pony!!!!!

~*Tiff*~

SaratogaSummer2001
Dec. 8, 2002, 08:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cookiesncream:

/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif But did any one else notice the footing in that ring?!?! It looked in the pictures like the worst footing I have ever seen in a ring in my entire life! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now isn't that just classy. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

From the view in the pictures, it looks like Nat has her kid riding in one of the small hospital turnouts near her house. Having crawled all over her farm, and jumped several times in her actual ring (which is quite nice, btw), I have a pretty good idea of which paddock the picture is taken in, and, trust me, a POA can fit in there.. barely. It's not a "riding" ring. It's a sand turnout. But, since Nat doesn't want her 5 year old kid who is just learning to ride and stear on his own careening off in the big ring, why not have him start out in a good ol' sand paddock? Really..

"The worst footing you've ever seen in your life"? A) you must not get out much /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif B) How the heck can you judge the quality of footing from pictures, esp with that cute of a kid in the foreground distracting you?

Nat's ring - which this isn't - is wonderful. I let my mare live and work there, and I'm a total footing primadonna. How about we get back to the important thing - the undeniable cuteness of Matthew and PonyTonyRoany - and stop looking for complaints that aren't even there?

Sheesh.

On Saratoga: Bet you didn't know dressage horses like to eat little grey jumpers..

Baileybff
Dec. 8, 2002, 08:44 PM
Lets see if I can be nice about this, lmao. First of all, I don't deny that our footing looks a bit..ummm...rough.
Second of all we had a winter storm. Yes, we only got rain, but it's been colder than a witches you know what. That would be my excuse for the ring not being freshly drug.
Third of all, as Delighted pointed out, this is our "small" ring in which the little ones ride. It really has the best footing (which is natural and we didn't have to haul in any sand or anything) being that we are at the beach.
Anyway, the fact that I'm trying to explain is silly. Our rings are fine and that's that, lol. Just ask many of the posters here who ride/have ridden at my farm. They'll tell ya!
Nat

BTW~ could we have been a little less...abrasive? /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

cookiesncream
Dec. 8, 2002, 09:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Delighted:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cookiesncream:

/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif But did any one else notice the footing in that ring?!?! It looked in the pictures like the worst footing I have ever seen in a ring in my entire life! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now isn't that just classy. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

"The worst footing you've ever seen in your life"? A) you must not get out much /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif B) How the heck can you judge the quality of footing from pictures, esp with that cute of a kid in the foreground distracting you?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry! I didn't mean to offend you all or imply that your horses aren't wonderfully taken care of or anything like that! I was just a little suprised! As I said in my original post, I was only saying the footing seemed yucky. Obviously there is no way to judge the true quality of footing from a little picture. Even footing that looks beautiful can be truely horrible. And I also know ponies are tough little creatures that can withstand almost anything (and come out looking just as cute, as this one does)!

And, btw, while its true that I havn't gotten out much recently (Finals are hell!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif), it is also true that I am not wholey without experience in the horse world. Maybe I have just been spoiled by always being at A show barns, which, in most cases in CA, aren't lucky enough to have paddocks big enough to be ridden in at all, so we pretty much only get to ride in the "riding rings" (which, let me assure you, do not always have good footing...it is often far from it).

Once again, I apologize for getting you all so upset! Like I said above, I was just a little surprised to see such "yucky" footing, especially because the pony (and kid) were so obviously very well cared for and impecable turned out for a little schooling session.

ChagrinSaddlery
Dec. 8, 2002, 10:02 PM
He is adorable! How old is your son? Did he just start riding? I have a three year old daughter. I'm not quite sure when to start her.

Don't just appear in life, STAR in it!

Jesy
Dec. 9, 2002, 01:14 AM
Your son is sooooo cute and his pony is even cuter!! I love his little colored jumper reins, and his chaps and the martingale and his little helmut! They look VERY professional.

Is he cantering around yet? What does he do with that pony? More pictures and info on that adorable little pony please!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

How do you catch a loose horse? Make a noise like a carrot. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Pirateer
Dec. 9, 2002, 02:10 AM
OMG. I loff that pony. And your son looks very cool atop such an adorable pony. Snazzy helmet, too /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It *almost* makes me want to go buy a kid so I can dress it up cute and buy it a cute pony to ride. ALMOST.

Rebecca
http://www.bluffparkfarm.com
http://www.angelfire.com/darkside/smited/index.html

Surgeon General's Warning: Avril Lavigne is bad for your health

MarlainaA1
Dec. 9, 2002, 04:35 AM
Nat,

I think your pictures are perfectly wonderful (not that I am biased or anything)! BTW... I would much rather have your/our footing than the one at the "A Circuit" barn that I was at in California... LOL!

Marlaina

NOJUMP2HI
Dec. 9, 2002, 05:11 AM
PLEASE let me remind you, that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all...maybe you missed out on that childhood lesson...

Cute as usual Nat!

*-( Kit & Dante')-*
[ FOOLPOOF ]

Baileybff
Dec. 9, 2002, 05:45 AM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifThanks ya'll! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
For those of you who wanted to know more about my wonderful pair, he he
My son will be 6 on Valentines day. His pony will be 3 in January...yes I said 3. He's a WONDERFUL pony! He absolutely adores my child.
My son had his first pony at the age of 10 months, lol...I have not even thought about being pushy to make him ride, he actually wants to himself. He comes home from school, puts on his paddock boots and bee-bops over to the barn, lol. We just bought Tony about a month or two ago...It was in the midst of me having my 2nd child, so pardon the cloudy mind, lol.
Anyway, they are currently just doing w-t at home. To answer the question about when to start a little one...well, it just depends on the little one /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I've seen some as young as 3 posting around a ring before, happy as clams. Now my son on the other hand...he still doesn't really want to post. Not that he can't, more like he doesn't want to /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.
Anyway, again...thanks for letting me share my boys with ya /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif!

And Cookie, I'm sure you didn't mean to sound rude in your post. However, in the second post you still say my footing looks Yuckie. What ARE you use to seeing? I'm sure us Backyard Folk aren't up to certain peoples liking, but it suits us just fine. I've been to many 'A shows as well, and to tell you the truth I've seen footing that makes ours look like GOLD! (Not saying all...just some) LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Anyway, this has become to long of a post. Sorry all!
Nat

HuntJumpSC
Dec. 9, 2002, 06:08 AM
Geesh~ some people just always seem to find something to be a "negative Nancy" about /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif I can also tell you firsthand, that Nat's footing at her place is just fine...considering I've ridden & jumped at her place more times than I can count. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif I know of a certain ring in my area where you have to dodge pine trees and roots to jump~ now THAT would be what I call not-so-good footing. So don't be such a Grinch and quick to judge by what you see in a pic... /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif SUZ

~~~"It weren't me...Booger done it!"~~~

joliemom
Dec. 9, 2002, 06:39 AM
Baileybff - I'll switch kids with you for a day. You take mine to martial arts lessons, I'll take yours to the barn. Kid and pony are adorable!

Darlin' Cookiesncream - broaden your horizons, there's a whole great big world outside of the California A show circuit, it's called real life. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

"If you ain't got it in ya, you can't blow it out." Pops

HJRider
Dec. 9, 2002, 08:18 AM
I ride at Nat's barn and have ridden there for quite sometime and I can tell you what she has is ANYTHING but bad footing!

Of all the barns in our area, I believe we have 2 of the best rings to ride in! When everyone else is grumbling that they can't ride after it rains because it is too wet, we are riding (without it being too deep or slick). I know of a barn right now that has went through quite a few headaches trying to get their footing right and still have problems with it draining and being slick. To look at it, you would think it was fine. Their's takes TWICE as long to drain and when it does it can still be very slippery for the horses.

I have also never known of ANY of our horses having lameness issues from our footing being too deep/soft or too hard.

I have been to a few "A" shows and what are considered "A" circuit barns whose footing is questionable to say the least.

If I had to pick between some of the footing I've seen/ridden on at other barns and shows and what I get to ride on now, I would diffently pick Nat's.

~Darci~

Anyplace Farm
Dec. 9, 2002, 08:21 AM
Excellent pictures, adorable child, precious pony.

Also, may I ask what size saddle that is? I'm teaching some pixies and trying to figure out what is the best size saddle to hunt down.

``````````````````````````````
"Life ain't certain...ride your best horse first." Unknown

*Founding member of the Jigging Clique*

Chef Jade
Dec. 9, 2002, 08:47 AM
You better keep that one locked away from all the girls at the horse shows! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Come and visit the horses at: http://www.crosscreek.tk

texan
Dec. 9, 2002, 09:39 AM
great pictures, your son and pony really look like they are enjoying themselves..
From one mom to another, if your son starts to take an interest at all in trucks, cars, anything mechanical, immediately remove all vehicles from the premises, it seems that one horse power doesn't seem like enough after awhile and they go for the 350 horse under the hood. LOL...

Beethoven
Dec. 9, 2002, 11:38 AM

WOW now that is rude!

~Jenna & Beethoven~
Proud Member of the Thoroughbred Clique & the Children's Jumpers Clique & the GA Clique & TS Clique "We ride and never worry about the fall, I guess thats just the cowboy in us all" ~Tim MaGraw

J. Turner
Dec. 9, 2002, 11:57 AM
Bailey, can please buy your hand-me-downs!??? Please? Do you have anything is 3 or 4T?

INcluding that gorgeous pony! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

"And Max said, 'NO!'"
-- Maurice Sendak

*** Member of the Rust Clique ***
*** Member of the Ebay Anonymous Clique ***
*** Member of the MKF (Michelle Kwan Forum)***

RoXyJK5
Dec. 9, 2002, 12:04 PM
Hey Cookie~

I understand, now, that u weren't trying to "bash" my Nat!LOL But please, I used to ride with her, and still do on holidays!LOL And it is NOT bad! And like NOJUMP said, please say something nice, or don't reply...She was obviously asking what u thought about her son and pony, NOT her ring....

And I know, A show barns are much nicer...I have only been to one that really sucked...But still...Not trying to be rude and try to have the last word, but this is my Natalie!! U must understand! I learned how to RIDE in that "worst looking ring." It's a very special ring!LOL

Anyway..back to Mathew and Tony...ADORABLE!!! Just wanna kiss and squeeze them both!! He's getting so BIG nat! So cute!

Jessica /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SpringBreak
Dec. 9, 2002, 12:41 PM
HOW ADORABLE!!!! i love your pony! your son is cute too /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

*Spring Break*
*Simon*
*Homie S*

GirlNextDoor
Dec. 9, 2002, 02:24 PM
if your son and his pony and all his riding clothes are missing, I have stolen them...TOOO CUTE!!!

"You've been hoodwinked. You've been had.
You've been took. You've been led astray, led amok.
You've been Bamboozled."

-- Malcolm X

Jesy
Dec. 9, 2002, 02:37 PM
Just a question, why no boots or leg protection of any kind on the pony??

Is it because they just walk around?

Cookie, I agree that at first glance you would assume that the footing is muddy and wet. But.....thats why I never assume! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
No worrys girl! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

How do you catch a loose horse? Make a noise like a carrot. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HN73
Dec. 9, 2002, 02:43 PM
LOL.

If you notice, though the footing looks "icky", the ponys legs are clean! It obviously isnt deep!

I think its just a different color. It looks fine to me.

"Its not the years, its the mileage." -Indiana Jones

Flashy Gray
Dec. 9, 2002, 02:45 PM
Hats off to everyone who is brave enough to post a picture on the BB. I now know why I will NEVER post a picture here, because all the Experts will just RUIN they joy of sharing great pictures of the horses/people we love with unwanted suggestions about equipment, training, and now footing.

For heaven's sakes, Bailey has posted some of the sweetest pictures of a safe happy kid on a safe healthy pony. Can't we just appreciate them as is?

Rant over. Bailey, there are 1000s of horse-crazy moms with non-horsey little boys who are stark raving mad with jealousy right now /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Your photos are just precious, and we appreciate your posting them here.

Britney
Dec. 9, 2002, 03:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jesy:
Just a question, why no boots or leg protection of any kind on the pony??

Is it because they just walk around?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, contrary to popular belief, not every horse needs some sort of leg protection. I'm assuming Tony Pony probably doesn't need any because he looks like such a hearty little guy and they are just walking and trotting.

But Baileybff, Think about this now, how Cayoote would little pony eskadrons and ankles make this pair look. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I have to agree with what everyone has said, their turnout is just perfect and so incredibly adorable! I'm in envy in the hopes that when I have a child he/she will want to ride as much as Matthew does so I can make them look incredibly cute! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~Rush Hour~

Cruising
Dec. 9, 2002, 03:13 PM
Adorable!!!! Both your boy and the pony! I LOFF it!

* B E L E N *
The road goes on forever and the party never ends!
Ho Ho Ho! Only 16 Days Until *CHRISTMAS*!
---&gt; *My Spiffy-rific Page (http://www.geocities.com/heightshunterxoxo/Main1.html)* &lt;--- (New Pics Dec. 8!)

Beethoven
Dec. 9, 2002, 06:04 PM
your son and the pony are adorable!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

~Jenna & Beethoven~
Proud Member of the Thoroughbred Clique & the Children's Jumpers Clique & the GA Clique & TS Clique "We ride and never worry about the fall, I guess thats just the cowboy in us all" ~Tim MaGraw

Dry Clean Only
Dec. 9, 2002, 08:05 PM
Why the h$ll would you put anything on the legs of a little pony walking and trotting around a sand ring? Big warmbloods jump around 4' courses clean legged for god sakes! Get a life people!

I hope when I have kids they are as cute and horse loving as your son!

Baileybff
Dec. 9, 2002, 08:37 PM
I never imagined my little pictures would bring up so many questions, ha ha. When I have my pony jocks ride Tony, we wrap his legs to...ehem, trot and canter *the* cross rail, lol. My son mostly walks and trots a little bit. I don't see the point in doing it for the whole 10 minute w-t pony ride, lol.

As for the clothes...I've got a friend who has a little girl who is the same age as my son...but she is about 2X smaller. She get's all the hand-me-downs. Sorry guys! But you know...Good ole E-bay is where most of his stuff comes from. I got his ATH brand new for $30 there...
His saddle is a 14" Pessoa Pony with short flaps. If you can believe it, he's about to out grow that already. I'm going to have to scout for a 15" with short flaps. ANYONE???
His pony will be passed down to his new little sister in a few years. By then I'm hoping he will be clocking around a little x-rail (maybe s/s course) with my boy, ha ha. Right now he measures 12.2, so unfortunatly I think he will end up a small medium in the end. But I don't care, he's a good little man.
Any more questions... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I love my boys. I can't wait till he's ready to "follow the leader" with me in the big ring. Until then, you only get to see pics of him in our kiddie ring...with the "yuckie" footing, lmao! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Nat

joliemom
Dec. 10, 2002, 05:56 AM
I guess it's time I layer my mare in bubble wrap and duct tape since we don't have a ring (horrors) only a nice pasture.

Hey Baileyff, the Family Joliemom will be in Myrtle Beach over the MLK weekend and staying at the Camelot Resort, huzzah! Any chance I can come ooh and ahh over the pony?

Remi and me
Dec. 10, 2002, 06:13 AM
Great photos! THEY ARE JUST TOO CUTE!
Reminds me of when my kids were very little - they had a little yellow paint pony named 'Jelly bean."
Now you got me thinking about my grandson who will be 1 after Christmas. I've already started to look around for a pony for him.
Thanks so much for sharing! A real day brightener! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ccoronios
Dec. 10, 2002, 10:51 AM
Precious! What a cute pair.

www.ayliprod.com (http://www.ayliprod.com)
Equine Video and Still Photography in the Northeast

SpringBreak
Dec. 10, 2002, 12:49 PM
i think there is no need for leg protection all the time! i rarely ride in polos or anything with my horses!

*Spring Break*
*Simon*
*Homie S*

Mel0309
Dec. 10, 2002, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Baileybff:
Right now he measures 12.2, so unfortunatly I think he will end up a small medium in the end. But I don't care, he's a good little man.

Most of my ponies stopped growing when they were two, so you could get lucky!!

And your son and his pony are too cute. My younger brother rode a couple of times but now Playstation and skateboarding are the only things that interest him.

I love your footing, it looks similar to my backyard barn and I've never had a horse get hurt! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Longtime Lurker
Dec. 10, 2002, 02:06 PM
Gorgeous - just gorgeous - happy little boy on a happy little pony /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Medievalist
Dec. 10, 2002, 02:26 PM
They look cute as can be, Baileybff! I loff the pony(and the darling child too of course!) Now you just need to find a matching pony for Sydney to ride on in oh, say 6 months or so /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Didi in T minus 2 days!!!!!!! Done with schoolwork! Going Skiing tomorrow!

Centre Equestre de la Houssaye (http://www.eii.fr/houssaye)

HJRider
Dec. 10, 2002, 04:04 PM
Hey there!! I used to work at Camelot Resort BEAUTIFUL place!! You'll love it!! I now work at Coral Beach Resort, but anyway thought that was neat and that you will diffently enjoy it!!

~Darci~

vxf111
Dec. 10, 2002, 06:05 PM
He's so cute it hurts... and that pony!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Post more pictures, I love 'em!

~Veronica

"The Son Dee Times"

futurewin
Dec. 10, 2002, 06:15 PM
Your son is soo adorable on his POA pony. Seeing him brings back memories when I was a child. I rode a POA gelding named Warbuck. He was the best pony to learn on. I went to the POA shows with a friend. What great ponies to have and learn on!! Good Luck with riding!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

joliemom
Dec. 11, 2002, 06:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HJRider:
Hey there!! I used to work at Camelot Resort BEAUTIFUL place!! You'll love it!! I now work at Coral Beach Resort, but anyway thought that was neat and that you will diffently enjoy it!!

~Darci~<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks Darci, I thought it looked like a cool place to spend our annual Redneck Weekend. That's when we head down to Myrtle for the best hotel rates of the year, hang out by the Lazy River, eat Krispy Kremes by the dozen, and ponder whether to have dinner at the NASCAR restaurant or take in a show at the Carolina Opry. I know now why Baileyff hasn't responded to my request to visit with the pony, my trashy roots is showin'! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

McLeanHunterRider
Dec. 11, 2002, 07:54 AM
can i please steal them?? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif oh, and whenever you take more pics of your son riding, PLEASE post them on this BB!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif i'll never get tired of seing cute children riding cute ponies! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

JB
Dec. 11, 2002, 09:34 AM
Nat, omg, TOO freakin' cute! And I just LOVE that last one, walking over the pole. I'd say Matthew's got the makings of a future eq winner!

Baileybff
Dec. 11, 2002, 10:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joliemom:
I guess it's time I layer my mare in bubble wrap and duct tape since we don't have a ring (horrors) only a nice pasture.

Hey Baileyff, the Family Joliemom will be in Myrtle Beach over the MLK weekend and staying at the Camelot Resort, huzzah! Any chance I can come ooh and ahh over the pony?

"If you ain't got it in ya, you can't blow it out." Pops<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure, we would love for you to come for a visit! That is if you can handle our "yuckie" footing, lol~
When/what exactly is MLK weekend...I've never heard of it, ha ha. I would love to have a COTH visit~ /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Nat

In The Gate
Dec. 11, 2002, 11:10 AM
Baileybff- Your son and your pony are absolutly adorable! What a well behaved young pony too! I hope, if I have kids someday, they look as natural on a horse as your son does. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Valerie
~VWiles02@yahoo.com~
UC Davis student

Jesy
Dec. 11, 2002, 05:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dry Clean Only:
Why the h$ll would you put anything on the legs of a little pony walking and trotting around a sand ring? Big warmbloods jump around 4' courses clean legged for god sakes! Get a life people!

I hope when I have kids they are as cute and horse loving as your son!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch! Last time I checked, the going rate for a "life" was outta my price range. Thanks for NOT sparing my feelings about an innocent question Dry Clean Only.

Manners are HIGHLY overrated. Perhaps they are too high priced for you also??? /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Sudley4me
Dec. 11, 2002, 10:39 PM
Can you put your son and pony pair up for auction?? I am sure they would bring a lot of bids /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif , I know I would bid to have them at my barn for a week or so!! Just toooo cute!!! One of the twins I baby sit for LOVES horses! He always gets me to bring my horsey tapes over, lol. Now, if I can just talk his mom into letting me turn him into a little rider .... hehe.

Just had to add how cute that pair is. I will be looking for them in the magazine's soon! Did you ever think one little post would turn into such a hoopla (sp?)??

-Natalie

"All horses deserve, at least once in their lives, to be loved by a little girl."

Baileybff
Dec. 12, 2002, 10:10 AM
I will post an even "sweeter" side of my boy. He not only Loves his Pony and riding, he Adores his new baby sister too!
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifHere's their X-mas pic for you guys!
Nat

Britney
Dec. 12, 2002, 03:35 PM
I want him! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~Rush Hour~

SpringBreak
Dec. 12, 2002, 06:01 PM
omg! that is the sweetest thing! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

*Spring Break*
*Simon*
*Homie S*

Duffy
Dec. 12, 2002, 06:24 PM
OMG!! Those are totally adorable!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I remember when my son used to ride. Sigh...Sniff Now he plays ICE HOCKEY! LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

"I can justify anything!"

b328
Dec. 13, 2002, 08:44 AM
I love those pictures! What an adorable pony, and I love the look on your son's face and the body language over the rail, such concentration! I'll be looking for him in the GPs in 20 years or so. Good luck and love your pony and child!

EvilMare
Dec. 13, 2002, 09:20 AM
Yes, they're both adorable! I love the pony too, cute face /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it."

SpringBreak
Dec. 13, 2002, 11:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Duffy:
OMG!! Those are totally adorable!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I remember when my son used to ride. Sigh...Sniff Now he plays ICE HOCKEY! LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

"I can justify _anything_!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

boys.......lol /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

*Spring Break*
*Simon*
*Homie S*

Robby Johnson
Dec. 13, 2002, 12:06 PM
Rhodey has hit another tree with his left eye and now has a baboon swelling there (just off the phone with my vet). He did this early in the summer with his right eye. Clearly he needs to be in the paddock without trees.

Anyway, Frosted Flakes is the cutest thing, and your son is going to knock em dead when he gets older. You can accessorize all you want - and certainly improve flaws - but nothing can give you the beautiful bone structure and amazingly natural smile that the gene pool dealt him!

I get the parental urge so strongly sometimes that it really surprises me. Last night I saw an American Express commercial wherein a couple goes to China to adopt a baby. I was bawling! Robert was like, "huh? who are you and what have you done with Robby?"

My trainer in Alabama, with whom I took a lesson over Thanksgiving, recommended I get some rainbow reins. Isn't that hysterical? I'm king of the open pinky and slipping the reins to the buckle (yet another reason I should ride Western pleasure ... where a loopy rein and behind-the-leg horse are what wins!). I actually think I'm going to.

Robby

I see a stairway so I follow it down
Into the belly of a whale
Where my secrets echo all around ...

LoriO
Dec. 14, 2002, 04:55 PM
Tony and your son are absolutely adorable!!! POA's are great little ponies. I love the POA sweatshirt too! I've got some Jeanne Mellin POA prints on Ebay right now that are just about to end with no bids, if no one buys them maybe your son would like them! Let me know!

All gave some...And some gave all...God bless the USA

Multiple Choice
Dec. 14, 2002, 06:01 PM
I think that is the cutest thing I have ever seen! That pony is so PRECIOUS and your new little girl is adorable! Your son looks like he could be the next 'Hardin Towell' or someone to that effect! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

It *almost* actually makes me want to have kids- scary thought! LOL! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

*Sarah Beth*
"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Dolce Vita
Dec. 14, 2002, 06:05 PM
Oh my gosh! Thats about the cutest thing I have seen ever! I love nicely turned out little kids. My sister is 10, and no matter how hard I try, I can not get her to look clean and sharp. Her hair is one way, the ponys is the other, her chaps are coming up and the saddle pads slipping -- Oy Vey! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm impressed! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Chelsea

Baileybff
Dec. 14, 2002, 07:06 PM
Thanks for all the wonderful comments. It just makes my "mommy" heart flutter. For those who have stated that they would "eventually" like to have little ones, go for it when the time is right! (But if the time isn't right...WAIT, LOLOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

Robby~ Does Rhodey need glasses, lol. Well, I guess if he didn't before, he will now /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif. Poor boy...those mean old trees! Hope he is doing better.

LoriO~ I will check out your prints! Thanks for letting me know.

Again, thanks for all the sweet posts! He makes me very proud. Now if it will just stop raining and dry up so I can get him back on (and myself as well).
Natalie /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LoriO
Dec. 15, 2002, 07:10 AM
Hey Nat,
Those prints did end without any bids so let me know if you think your son will like them. I'd rather see them go to a little boy who loves his pony that much!! Email me if you want them and they are yours, just pay shipping for them.

POA Prints (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1979463218&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAS:US:3)

All gave some...And some gave all...God bless the USA

ansky225
Jan. 12, 2005, 03:18 PM
Those are the cutest pictures I've ever seen!!! The pole one is adorable of course, and Tony is a very handsome pony.

I've got a just turned 6 stepson, who has 'ridden' my horse 3 times now. Twice on the leadline at a walk, and once I rode double with him and he got to trot. He LOVED! it! I was thinking about getting him his own saddle, but I'm having trouble deciding what size. I don't want him to grow out of it too quickly, but I don't want it to be too big. When he does grow out of it though, I'll save it for the future kids we're planning. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif He looks to a little shorter than your son, and he's a very skinny scrawny boy, so he looks littler than he is. I'm looking for a western saddle for him, do you think 14" would let him grow for a bit? I'm looking on ebay, so it's hard to test the saddles, and I'm having trouble finding a tack store around that carries small saddles like that.

Flirtygirl
Jan. 12, 2005, 04:03 PM
AWWW!! SOOOO CUTE!! The pony looks like a real sweetheart too! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HopelessHunter
Jan. 12, 2005, 07:37 PM
Your son and his pony are absolutely ADORABLE! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hasty
Jan. 12, 2005, 07:53 PM
HOW CUTE! I cannot get over how adorable the pony (and his name) is!!!!!!!!!

OLD A/O
Jan. 12, 2005, 08:03 PM
First of all let me say your children are beautiful not cute but beautiful and there is a diffence. They also look so happy!!!

Your pictures brought back so many memories of my wonderful children. Now I am teaching my grandchildren. Nothing beats teaching your own to ride.

I just love it!!! How about those chants of "Up!! Down!! Up!! Down!!", "Heels down!!", "Thumbs up!!" and all the rest.

By the way I love those colored riens- I need some of them. Where did you get them?

Best wishes to you and your wonderful family. Enjoy you kids as they grow up way too fast. Then too soon you will find you and the grandkids doing things as your own kids are so busy making a living.

Best wishes and loved the pictures!!!

ItsMeBri2
Jan. 12, 2005, 09:12 PM
I am in LOVE with that pony. How well behaved and so young too! Your son looks to have the makings of a future star! My little borhter rode for a bit but now it is all video games, football and soccer. Sigh. I still throw him up on a horse every once in awhile though. It is a big sister's job. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Barn Dirt
Jan. 12, 2005, 09:40 PM
*squeal!*

OMG, they're just too cute for their own good! Your son looks like a born natural, and that pony is to die for! Look at how happy the two are... this just reinforces my plan to breed cute ponies and abduct cute children to ride them (nothing could actually convince me to have kids of my own tho, not even these two http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)

Oh and Robby, maybe Rhodey needs safety goggles? Or even better, ski/snowboarding glasses! He'll be safe and stylish http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Delighted
Jan. 12, 2005, 09:56 PM
Yes, Nat's kids are hideously adorable. Really, she must do something about that - it's her civic duty to keep the level of Adorable Children at a minimum, for the safety of all involved.

Somehow, for whatever reason, this thread got bumped. It's from 2002, I think? Roany Tony Pony Baloney has moved on (NOT to my apartment, however, about which I am quite disappointed - he would look smashing propped up on my bed, all stuffed animal like), Matthew the Pony Jock has a moped or a Mig or something fantastically fast and hair-raising, so Syda the Adorable is taking over.

Just, you know, in case anyone was off to Myrtle Beach to actually swipe the pony and the kid. By all means, do go. The kids ARE adorable, and there are always cute ponies at Nat's to swipe. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Now, WHY did someone bump this post from forever ago? Is it because this is the genesis of all of the "Natalie's footing" jokes or because I was wearing the Evil Pants when responding to the footing remarks? Bright and sunny Delighted post, right here! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Cindeye
Jan. 12, 2005, 10:02 PM
They are the cutest! You must be an extremely proud Mom. *mutters under breath...must have Tony the Pony...now how to sneak him off to California?*

Courtknee202
Jan. 12, 2005, 11:57 PM
Cuteness overload!

I have never seen a cuter pony or pony rider in my life. And the ponies name is Frosted Flakes? That is so adorable!! I hope when I have kids they turn out the same way so I can go pony shopping http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://mygallery.cc/courtney

ansky225
Jan. 13, 2005, 05:52 AM
ROFL!! I was the one that bumped it, but I didn't notice the year said 2002!! I just noticed the December, and thought it was just a month old. I'd done a search on 'kid saddle' or something like that. I was just curious about the saddle size lol, as I'm starting my stepson out and am trying to find a saddle that he can ride in for a while.

BAC
Jan. 13, 2005, 09:04 AM
I only looked at the photos, didn't read anything else but the last post - these pictures are 2 years old? LOL

Anyway, that is a very handsome little boy you have, I just love the pic of him modeling his helmet. And the pony is so cute, what a neat color he is.

Nikki^
Jan. 13, 2005, 09:14 AM
OMG! Your son and his pony are too cute! They look like a perfect match! Super Cute!!!

pd1271
Jan. 13, 2005, 10:27 AM
all those pictures are practically the sweetest thing ever. as someone said, you're going to have to disguise your son at the horse shows in a few years to keep him safe from all the girls... http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

i love the concentration in the pole picture. it almost reminds me of why i love riding in the first place...(wistful tone) http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Hucklebug
Jan. 13, 2005, 01:22 PM
ADORABLE!

J4J
Jan. 13, 2005, 05:59 PM
two years old?? LOL thats really funny http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

so, Bailey, can we see recent pics of your son riding?? has your daughter started yet?? and NO MORE TONY THE PONY??? i am stealing the name for my kids (when i have them) because its too cute (for a frosted POA)

BAC
Jan. 14, 2005, 07:30 AM
Speaking of Tony the Pony, as a child I loved the Golden Book by that name, it was illustrated with photographs of a little pony in western tack and his young rider, I still remember it almost 50 years later!

Just My Style
Jan. 14, 2005, 10:22 AM
It has probably already been asked, but I'll admit I haven't read the whole thread- How old is your son? (I have a 4 1/2 year old and I am trying to see the difference. My son doesn't have nearly the strength that yours has. I am guessing your son has mine by at least a year.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My son will be 6 on Valentines day. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> FOUND IT! Nevermind. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Just My Style
Jan. 14, 2005, 10:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>For heaven's sakes, Bailey has posted some of the sweetest pictures of a safe happy kid on a safe healthy pony. Can't we just appreciate them as is? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> No. We must nitpick every little tiny thing and destroy them. No one is allowed to have fun. No one is allowed to have a nice pony or, especially, a happy child. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/dead.gif

I agree that the footing sucks, so that pony should be loaded up IMMEDIATELY and sent to my house for my child to ride. He needs to be removed from the horrible barn this second. I mean it. Ship him to me. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Baileybff
Jan. 15, 2005, 07:05 AM
Wow...my 2 year old thread (started on Dec. 8th, 2002)has returned??!! My son, who will be 8 on Valentines Day, has since lost interest in ponies and has moved on to bigger and better things with his father, like Motorcycles and karate *sighs*. My daughter however, rides EVERY single day, cleans stalls, sweeps the washrack, cleans tack, brushes the horses legs, helps feed, etc...all at the ripe old age of 2. I'm hoping that it will stick with her. **Of course, we still have the same Shitty footing so maybe I'm insane for letting her ride at all. Could just be way too dangerous for her and the horses.** http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Just My Style
Jan. 15, 2005, 08:11 AM
OMG- I didn't even realize this was a old thread. I must have missed it in the first go round. So, how is that darling pony progressing?

Green Acres
Jan. 15, 2005, 08:13 AM
Baily, I just found this thread and think the pictures are adorable! I can't believe people start nitpicking at such a innocent little boy and that adorable pony. If they can't find anything better to do, then they need to find another thread!

Anyway, do you have pictures of your daughter riding???? Please show us!!!! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif

Baileybff
Jan. 15, 2005, 08:22 AM
When my son lost interest we sold sweet Tony Pony to a wonderful family with 2 little girls. They send me emails every now and again telling me how much they love him http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif! I'm happy that he has such a great home.

As for my daughter...the poor thing has to settle for riding my Niko. I'm in need of another pony but haven't found "the one" yet. I do have a lead on one though that may work for us! If the weather will cooperate I'll get some pics of her doing her thang, lol. The best part is she insists on wearing her hard hat already...isn't that awesome!!!
As soon as I get a few shots I'll post them. I love to brag on my kids and my horses/ponies!

Thanks guys~
Natalie http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/winkgrin.gif

FLF
Jan. 15, 2005, 08:24 AM
Wow - I didn't look at the original date on it either! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Maybe I'll post some pictures of my son on his pony next week when it dries up a little - it's very cute (to me), but should bring about all kinds of nitpicking I'm sure! It's ok, he's adorable to me!

BB - would love to see pics of your daughter - do you still have Tony the Pony?