PDA

View Full Version : Culpeper pics from this weekend (They're here!!)

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 13, 2002, 04:12 PM
I just got back from today and got a bunch of good shots. I'll edit and choose the best to post most likely tomorrow. I'll be there again if anyone wants to stop and say hello. I'll have a black camera bag and be w/ probably my dad. I'm gonna be around for the GP especially. Expect pics soon!

~*Lindsay*~
A proud co-owner of CorLin PROductions, specializing in dressage, eventing, and hunter/jumper digital photography.

~*Co-founder of the COTH Photographer's clique*~

[This message was edited by piaffeprincess98 on Jul. 15, 2002 at 10:08 AM.]

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 13, 2002, 04:12 PM
I just got back from today and got a bunch of good shots. I'll edit and choose the best to post most likely tomorrow. I'll be there again if anyone wants to stop and say hello. I'll have a black camera bag and be w/ probably my dad. I'm gonna be around for the GP especially. Expect pics soon!

~*Lindsay*~
A proud co-owner of CorLin PROductions, specializing in dressage, eventing, and hunter/jumper digital photography.

[This message was edited by piaffeprincess98 on Jul. 15, 2002 at 10:08 AM.]

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 14, 2002, 05:03 AM
got the pics on the comp, now i need to edit all 160 of them! I'll hopefully get some more today if it's not raining too hard.

~*Lindsay*~

Bumpkin
Jul. 14, 2002, 08:36 AM
Did you get Duffy and the Duffette?

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 14, 2002, 01:36 PM
i wouldn't know....! What do they look like? Classes?

~*Lindsay*~

Judith123
Jul. 14, 2002, 06:55 PM
"Duffete" and Mini did the Maiden Equitation Over Fences, Maiden Equitation on the Flat, and Sm/Med Children's Pony Hunter. Mini is a dark bay/black pony that is very cute! And Victoria has blonde hair...and a GPA.

~Sarah~

Duffy
Jul. 14, 2002, 06:57 PM
My daughter and Mini were very good this weekend, but the stars were Sarah and Judy!!! They won both o/f classes and were 2nd in the hack today, and ended up with a much-deserved Championship! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

My daughter was thrilled to qualify for the 2nd round of the Marshall & Sterling Classic, so that she could wear her shadbelly. I don't care what anyone thinks. They were totally adorable, even if not traditional to some purists, in her jods. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (I need to order a video, especially since I didn't take any pictures!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

She also got her first "catch ride" on a small pony for the u/s class in the rated division. She was soooooo excited!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

"I can justify anything!"

Judith123
Jul. 14, 2002, 07:02 PM
Haha, thanks :-) Victoria did look EXTREMELY cute in her shadbelly!! And Mini looked precious...as usual.

~Sarah~

BustersMom
Jul. 15, 2002, 05:24 AM
They were very cute. I was monitoring the Maiden and Novice fairly closely. My daughter was also in this division with "Reform School Graduate." We were looking for a place for RSG to resurface with his new attitude and this was really good. Though we had no ribbons this weekend, we were thrilled with the performance. We got around both course, both days with no issues. Now we can begin to focus on the equitation.

Wish I had seen Duffy to congratulate her!

Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 07:05 AM
keep in mind I have no clue who half these people are. I just randomly walked around snapping away.

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 07:08 AM
jumpers

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 07:11 AM
one of my favorites of the weekend.

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 07:15 AM
another hunter

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 07:21 AM
another one

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 07:28 AM
sorry if they're a little big. I wanted the pixels to look good so the camera was set on high resolution.

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 07:31 AM
a pretty grey hunter

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 07:33 AM
next /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 07:37 AM
i have over 300 but I'm picking the best BEST ones, to spare you all the pain!

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 07:41 AM
I know this is Evan Culuccio b/c he won like, everything this weekend!

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 07:46 AM
next one....

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 07:50 AM
from the GP

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 07:53 AM
another one...........

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 08:01 AM
the GP

~*Lindsay*~

Elghund2
Jul. 15, 2002, 08:08 AM
Is the Evan guy in an earlier picture wearing half-chaps? It certainly looks like it.

"What just happened?"
"We got hosed."
"Oohhhh Davey"

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 08:14 AM
this one turned out very nice. A pretty hunter

~*Lindsay*~

gwen
Jul. 15, 2002, 08:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elghund2:
Is the Evan guy in an earlier picture wearing half-chaps? It certainly looks like it.

"What just happened?"
"We got hosed."
"Oohhhh Davey"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GREAT PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think they are half chaps..just very muddy tall boots!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

**BARB***

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 08:20 AM
another pretty hunter

~*Lindsay*~

gwen
Jul. 15, 2002, 08:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by piaffeprincess98:
this one turned out very nice. A pretty hunter

~*Lindsay*~

~*Co-founder of the COTH Photographer's clique*~<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OHHH!! We got the hair out with a bow and a matching shirt!!!!!!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

**BARB***

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 08:37 AM
yes, I saw quite a few tacky pink shirts....ugghhh! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 08:42 AM
a cute lil' pony. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I was standing near her for a few minutes and I was asking her about her pony. Too cute the way she spoke of him! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 08:45 AM
in the AO/Junior high jumper class.

~*Lindsay*~

Flash44
Jul. 15, 2002, 08:53 AM
Sorry, but I just can't wear something that is the same color as Pepto Bismol! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'll tell you once more before I get off the floor don't bring me down...

lauriep
Jul. 15, 2002, 08:53 AM
a lesson in poor form! Yuck! NO lower leg, laying on the neck, heels up...

and #080 has a new release: floating above the crest!

Sorry if this offends, but it is awful! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Laurie

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 08:56 AM
i know the hunters are gross at times! I spared you all by not posting the bad releases! Not surprising, no autos, or very few.

~*Lindsay*~

gwen
Jul. 15, 2002, 09:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by piaffeprincess98:
i know the hunters are gross at times! I spared you all by not posting the bad releases! Not surprising, no autos, or very few.

~*Lindsay*~

HEY!!! Post some of the bad ones!!!!! To see what NOT to do!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Hee hee!

**BARB***

Palisades
Jul. 15, 2002, 09:03 AM
The hunters are bad? How about the jumpers? Legs WAAAAY back, a foot of space between their seat and the saddle- did you see the first two pics? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Don't rag on hunter riders all the time when the jumpers are usually just as bad!

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 09:06 AM
more from the jumpers

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 09:12 AM
and they keep coming! sorry for the delays, my comp is slow!

~*Lindsay*~

gwen
Jul. 15, 2002, 09:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Palisades:
The hunters are bad? How about the jumpers? Legs WAAAAY back, a foot of space between their seat and the saddle- did you see the first two pics? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Don't rag on hunter riders all the time when the jumpers are usually just as bad!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YUP! I saw the first two pics and loved them!! the heel in the first is up a little but so would mine with a fence that size..but I love the release!

**BARB***

Melzy
Jul. 15, 2002, 09:27 AM
Thank you for posting your photos. I've been waiting to see them since you said you were going to Culpeper.

You can only photograph what you see - style faults and all. We judges can only judge what we have in front of us also. Something to think about. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Did it rain during the Grand Prix? Who won?

Keep up the good work. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 09:53 AM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif In the warm up.

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 09:57 AM
a close up.

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 10:00 AM
another head on from the jumpers

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 10:01 AM
a very young boy who was a star in the high jumpers.

~*Lindsay*~

Palisades
Jul. 15, 2002, 10:07 AM
I find it especially amusing that in the post where piaffeprincess was criticizing hunters, she attached a pic of a *ahem* not very correct jumper rider.

I'm not saying that hunters have better eq than jumpers- just that everyone knocks on the hunters. The jumpers seem to be given free rein for their eq faults because they're jumping bigger or more technical courses. But what about the poor hunter riders whose horses jump so round? /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif If you want to make excuses for bad positions, then do it for everyone, not just one discipline.

Dementia 13
Jul. 15, 2002, 10:10 AM
piaffe princess, thank you so much for taking the time to post these pictures. Some of us really appreciate it.

"What lamp has destiny to guide her little children stumbling in the dark?"

gwen
Jul. 15, 2002, 10:25 AM
I don't think we're critisizing one discipline over the other! Geez!! Thank you SO much for posting these pictures..they're great..i want the last grey horse you posted with the big floppy ears!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

**BARB***

Palisades
Jul. 15, 2002, 10:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lauriep:
The Hunter Riders
a lesson in poor form! Yuck! NO lower leg, laying on the neck, heels up...

Laurie<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not saying I don't appreciate the pics (because they're lovely, as always), just pointing out some fairly harsh criticism of one discipline but not the other...

Dementia 13
Jul. 15, 2002, 10:46 AM
Ohhh, I like the gray in the jumper picture!

I was very sad I didn't get to see Evan Coluccio go in any of the classes, though I did get to see some of the trips in the Low Jr./AO's. Wow, does it seem like they really build up the jumps in the GP ring or is it just me thinking that?

SBT
Jul. 15, 2002, 11:40 AM
AWESOME pics of equally awesome horses and riders. I esp. like that chestnut hunter, and the way he's being ridden. Absolutely lovely.

Everybody else's form sucks. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

And I LIKE the pink shirts with the brown plaid jackets! The combination is great, and the girl in # 78 had neat, pretty braids in her hair with matching ribbon! Very cute, very classy, and very pretty. I think she and her horse look AWESOME. I would've asked her for her autograph! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But I agree with lauriep, the rest have much to be desired. And I hate to see horses with such sour expressions. It's sad, because they clearly aren't enjoying their job. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

~Sara /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

"If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything."

Dementia 13
Jul. 15, 2002, 11:45 AM
Gosh, maybe they didn't like the rain or something, Sara, and that was why they looked unhappy.

Good Lord.

lauriep
Jul. 15, 2002, 11:58 AM
I chose the hunter pics because as a whole they are the worst I have seen recently. And I made the distinction because (and these are generalizations)A) hunters are usually jumping lower jumps in a quieter and more consistant manner, thus making it easier to maintain form, B) hunter riders and Equitation are more commonly linked and C) hunters are judged on appearance to a great deal, and I feel that riders with the above faults detract from that overall picture.

The riders out there ought to be able to at least maintain some semblance of lower leg position over 3'6" to 4". A jumper rider over a 5' square oxer may be forgiven losing his lower leg a bit.

But the jumper riders in the low divisions should absolutely work on a solid base for their position.

Thanks for posting them, piaffeprincess!

Laurie

lauriep
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:04 PM
some pictures of the good ones (Leslie, Katie, Patty Heukeroth, Joan Boyce) riding hunters and post them so you can see the difference in what is being seen now as far as position. Katie and Leslie came from winning eq. backgrounds, Joan and Patty didn't (I don't think), but all four illustrate lovely, soft, secure position that in no way detracted from the horse.

Just to illustrate the difference and so you can appreciate why I object to what I see here. And I don't know a single one of these people...

Laurie

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:13 PM
sorry guys....my comp is being dumb. here's some more...

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:19 PM
a hunter o/f

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:23 PM
cantering....

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:26 PM
a high jumper

~*Lindsay*~

Dementia 13
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:29 PM
LaurieP, I actually think this is quite an interesting issue and I always enjoy getting your perspective because you have the knowledge and experience to back up what you say.

I would love to see this as a separate topic, just because I would enjoy "debating" (in a nice way of course) it a little more but would hate to take away from piaffe princess' thread.

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:31 PM
I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I was just commenting b/c someone else had mentioned that a few of the pics had bad formed riders. It may have been the way I caught them w/ the camera or just a bad fence. Sorry about that....

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:37 PM
another great jumper

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:40 PM
love this one....a chestnut jumper

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:43 PM
love this pic to death /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:45 PM
next please

~*Lindsay*~

TexHunter
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:47 PM
Thanks for posting these, they are really good!

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:47 PM
a cute jumper.....

~*Lindsay*~

lauriep
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:49 PM
Don't apologize!! Not your fault at all! You do a great job at catching the horses at the optimum time. I think you're great!

I had gotten used to the pervasive crest release, but when I saw the weak, ineffective lower leg, which is the base of support for ANY rider, it really struck me. And the swinging lower leg seems to illustrate a pinced knee, at least that is what I am seeing.

Margaret, if I can find some good pics, I will start another thread. I just hadn't seen so many pictures of the same fault all in one place!

I am SOOO GHM indoctrinated!

Laurie /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:50 PM
evan again

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:53 PM
a grey jumper

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:56 PM
a dead straight head on shot.

~*Lindsay*~

gwen
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:58 PM
a grey jumper

~*Lindsay*~

Is that a grey horse or an appy or a paint??? ALL THAT MUD!!! YUCK!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

**BARB***

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 12:59 PM
another straight shot. I commend these people for riding in this rain. I'm a wuss about it! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:02 PM
an ideal hunter i'm assuming

~*Lindsay*~

VTrider
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:02 PM
and they keep coming! sorry for the delays, my comp is slow!

~*Lindsay*~

Hey - I know him!! Rides with Moesha and MargF - very nice boy!

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:05 PM
another nice hunter

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:08 PM
a hunter on her second trip

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:10 PM
another one of my top picks...very clear

~*Lindsay*~

Courtknee202
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:12 PM
Wow! Your pics are amazing and your digital is very clear! I hope mine works that well. I guess I made the right decision when I decided not to come out and watch, it looks like it was pouring all day. Poor horsies having to tromp through that muck!

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:14 PM
the rest of these are from the GP

~*Lindsay*~

VTrider
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:14 PM
This isn't directed at anyone - but....I AM SO SICK OF EVERYONE BEING A CRITIC. And yes, I know I am about to be very critical /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

In my opinion, until you set the hunter/jumper/equitation/line-dancing world on fire - you really have no right to criticize others that are giving their all to be good at something that is so important to them!

When you win your first Nat'l Championship, etc. - then be my guess...but if you know in your heart that you couldn't get on any of these horses pictured on this thread and so much as trot an 18" X - then you may want to reconsidering voicing your opinions.

Sorry to be so un-Southern Belle-like - but you have caught VTrider on 10 hours of sleep in the last 5 days /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I digress.

gwen
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:16 PM
OK!! Am I the ONLY one that would fly right off due to the saddle being so darn slippery??? The last time I showed in the rain, I was having a hard time staying on. so I vowed never to show in the rain ever again...I give these people credit!!!!!

**BARB***

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:17 PM
look at that crowd! my dad was messing ao9und saying that when a horse got a clear round "and the crowd goes wild" lol...

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:20 PM
a huge effort

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:24 PM
aaron vale

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:27 PM
isn't he pretty?

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:30 PM
over the oxer

~*Lindsay*~

CoolMeadows
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:33 PM
Thanks PiaffePrincess! Great pictures. I had wanted to go watch, but from the look of all that mud, I'd much rather just look at your pix here!

The chestnut jumper in 162 and 163 is a friend of mine. I think this was only her second time doing the highs. I'll tell her to take a look.

And is it just me or does Aaron Vale look startling like Paul Matthews in # 235? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Palisades
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:33 PM
Sorry, I certainly didn't mean to detract from the beautiful pics by starting an argument. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I just feel like sticking up for hunter riders when I see the double standard they face for their eq.

And lauriep, I'd love to see the pics- but for as many shots you have of beautiful equitation in hunters, I'm sure I can find beautiful shots of equitation in the jumpers. It's possible everywhere. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:34 PM
another triple bar

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:37 PM
aaron again...look at that leg!

~*Lindsay*~

solstice
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:37 PM
Lindsay, you're photos are great! Thanks for posting them. I'm fairly new here, but thought it would be a good idea to start another topic about positions in pictures. It's just some thoughts I've had and wondered if anyone agreed???

Thanks

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:40 PM
aaron yet again

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:43 PM
almost there

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:46 PM
over the yellow

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:49 PM
ian silitch

~*Lindsay*~

lauriep
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:50 PM
I worked for one of today's "gods" of excellent riding technique over HUGE fences!

Absolutely, it is possible! And probably preferable.

Never mind. You have missed my point, and my OPINION. Not to ruin anyone else's day today...

And VT, friend, you are much too young to get so exasperated about a discussion of technique. I don't like what I saw in the first 5 pics on this thread. My opinion, not personalized, in fact very generalized. As I said twice earlier, seeing so many photos with the same fault just really struck me.

Laurie

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:52 PM
this one's good too

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:55 PM
head on

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 01:58 PM
an artistic shot

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 02:01 PM
the winner

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 02:03 PM
the best of aaron

~*Lindsay*~

gwen
Jul. 15, 2002, 02:04 PM
OHHHH "the winner" Does that horse have blue eyes???

**BARB***

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 02:10 PM

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 02:13 PM
a close up sorta

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 02:18 PM
ian again

~*Lindsay*~

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 02:21 PM
second to last

~*Lindsay*~

gwen
Jul. 15, 2002, 02:24 PM
NO!!!! NO second to last picture..I have had so much fun looking at all these pictures!!!! Thanks!!! MORE MORE MORE!

**BARB***

MCHDmbrk
Jul. 15, 2002, 03:51 PM
awesome pics!! I'd personally have to give a lot of these people credit not based on their pictures but because I have seen most of them ride in person ( mainly the jr hunters) and all I can say is wow... I agree that in some pics their eq may not be perfect but ya know what.. that is only 2 seconds out of their whole riding career and until you have seen dozens of their trips in person well.. you get it /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

thanks again for posting those!!

ps - you didnt happen to get any of the ponies from the 1st week in july did you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THINGS YOU'VE ALWAYS WONDERED
-would a one legged duck swin in circles?
-if corn oil is made out of corn and vegitable oil is made out of vegitables then what is baby oil made out of?

*Nicole*
Jul. 15, 2002, 04:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gwen:
OHHHH "the winner" Does that horse have blue eyes???

**BARB***

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, he does!! Well actually, he had one. The other was brown. He was stabled a few stalls down from me... Can you say gorgeous?? Some kids from my barn and I made friends with the groom, and we got to meet that one and some of the others from Beth (Underhill)'s place. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

GirlNextDoor
Jul. 15, 2002, 05:15 PM
from the GP

~*Lindsay*~

that is eliza shuford...before you have had some nicole brown, mary helen dickenson, kacy boyce, ashton chewning..

Girl

AAJumper
Jul. 15, 2002, 06:06 PM
What is up with all the rain?!?!?! Don't the VA weather gods know that it is JULY?!?!?!? Yikes! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Nice pics though!

visit www.victorianfarms.com (http://www.victorianfarms.com)

ThoroughlyBred94
Jul. 15, 2002, 06:08 PM
I love your pics, thanks for sharing!

30+ days of mouth wash and no bit and we will be back to normal....

part of the thoroughbred clique, like evryone else!

J. Turner
Jul. 15, 2002, 06:23 PM
Now #143 is definitely wearing half-chaps. What's with that?

"And Max said, 'NO!'"
-- Maurice Sendak

*** Member of the Rust Clique ***
*** Member of the Ebay Anonymous Clique ***
*** Member of the MKF (Michelle Kwan Forum)***

J. Turner
Jul. 15, 2002, 06:24 PM
So what kind of hackamore contraption is that on #147?

"And Max said, 'NO!'"
-- Maurice Sendak

J. Turner
Jul. 15, 2002, 06:30 PM
Wow, #212 has a full bridle and there's an end jump (or so it seems) in the hunter ring!

"And Max said, 'NO!'"
-- Maurice Sendak

GirlNextDoor
Jul. 15, 2002, 06:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by J. Turner:

"And Max said, 'NO!'"
-- Maurice Sendak

*** Member of the MKF (Michelle Kwan Forum)***<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

she is actually wearing just one half chap...some fall at a show in VA (i am thinking deep run amybe?) her pony slipped and fell and hurt her nakle (sorry if this story is wrong, just what i rememebr hearing) and she is forced to wear one half chap...poor girl, i have seen her walk around shows in a huge brace

Girl

PlusTax
Jul. 15, 2002, 06:54 PM
the picture 193 is me so nobody make fun!!! That would be Mr. Plus Tax in the rain, he loves the mud!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

**Kelsey**
&
**Notoriety**
**Plus Tax**
**Clearly Canadian**
**Pavielle**
**Angel Face**

Savannah Blue
Jul. 15, 2002, 07:04 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

All your time loading editing, posting, developping and money spent...nevermind spending all day taking the photos is really appreciated.

Your photos are AMAZING! They were really fun to look at, you should be a professional show photographer, and make abit of money back.

Thanks again for doing this so we could all see these photos, they were spectacular!!!!

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 15, 2002, 07:17 PM
thank you all for the kind words. I had to MAKE myself choose the best of the best b/c i was literally sitting in front if the computer all day posting/editing these. I'm glad i got one of a fellow BBEr, hope you like it!

Yes, most of you were smart to not go in the rain. in april it practically monsooned so this time wasn't nearly as bad.

no, paints in the high jumpers, that was a grey splattered in mud!

I still wanna know what Moesha and his horse looked like! what classes were they doing? i can almost guarentee i have a few of them.

unfortunately i didn't attend last weekends festivites b/c i had a dressage show of my own. i didn't spend alot of time on the ponies b/c they're so hard to catch!

~*Lindsay*~

PlusTax
Jul. 15, 2002, 07:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by J. Turner:
Wow, #212 has a full bridle and there's an end jump (or so it seems) in the hunter ring!

"And Max said, 'NO!'"
-- Maurice Sendak

Yep there was an end jump in the handy hunter course!! I don't know if you can tell but there was a 2 stride and you had to turn really fast off of it and jump it going around the corner, plus it didn't have a ground line, but it was fun
/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

**Kelsey**
&
**Notoriety**
**Plus Tax**
**Clearly Canadian**
**Pavielle**
**Angel Face**

MCHDmbrk
Jul. 15, 2002, 07:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GirlNextDoor:

"And Max said, 'NO!'"
-- Maurice Sendak

she is actually wearing just one half chap...some fall at a show in VA (i am thinking deep run amybe?) her pony slipped and fell and hurt her nakle (sorry if this story is wrong, just what i rememebr hearing) and she is forced to wear one half chap...poor girl, i have seen her walk around shows in a huge brace

Girl<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats Nicole- and yes she is wearing one half champ because at Rosemount maybe? bubba ( Lands End MAd HAtter)fell on her. At Devon I think she managed to get her tall boot on but just thinking about it... OUCH

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THINGS YOU'VE ALWAYS WONDERED
-would a one legged duck swin in circles?
-if corn oil is made out of corn and vegitable oil is made out of vegitables then what is baby oil made out of?

medalrider83
Jul. 15, 2002, 07:46 PM
is the 11th pic.....culpeper058_smaller.jpg Hatty Saltonstall??? I LOVE HER HORSE! And I think she is an awesome rider! I would love to talk to her & just be able to talk to her!

~Liz~

~*Southern Belle*~
~*M&M Chantilly*~

Sock Monkey
Jul. 15, 2002, 08:46 PM
That last shot of the GP rider is exceptional - the horse has all four feet in the air! Great pic and thanks for sharing.

PTDeaconHP
Jul. 15, 2002, 08:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sbt78lw:
AWESOME pics of equally awesome horses and riders. I esp. like that chestnut hunter, and the way he's being ridden. Absolutely lovely.

Everybody else's form sucks. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

And I LIKE the pink shirts with the brown plaid jackets! The combination is great, and the girl in # 78 had neat, pretty braids in her hair with matching ribbon! Very cute, very classy, and very pretty. I think she and her horse look AWESOME. I would've asked her for her autograph! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But I agree with lauriep, the rest have much to be desired. And I hate to see horses with such sour expressions. It's sad, because they clearly aren't enjoying their job. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

~Sara /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

"If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry, but I really don't like the whole 1 braid thing.... Also, this is kind of funny, I don't know if it's true, it might be total gossip, So don't yell at me, I'm the messanger, lol!
I heard that this whole 1 ponytail/braid thing started because some one forgot their helmet, had to borrow some one else's, and their hair didn't fit, hence the braid.... But like I said, That might be not true at all...

Still, I really don't like it. I think it really takes away from the classiness of the look. I guess I just think that having your hair neatly put up in your helmet has a wonderful, elegant look.

The ponytail/braid thing looks very childish to me... I think it would be cute for a little kid in small/medium ponies in jods, but for people who aren't little kids.... I'm sorry, I just think it looks childish and undignified, but thats just me I guess.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

***"There is no secret so close as that between a rider and his horse."***

olympicprincess
Jul. 15, 2002, 09:04 PM
over the yellow

~*Lindsay*~

I LOVE this picture!!! GORGEOUS horse!

Question: why the fly bonnets in the rain? I never put mine on in the rain. Is it a fashion statement?

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 16, 2002, 04:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by olympicprincess:

I LOVE this picture!!! GORGEOUS horse!

Question: why the fly bonnets in the rain? I never put mine on in the rain. Is it a fashion statement?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sometimes they stuff cotton in the horses' ears and put the fly bonnet over it to keep out sound. Just a guess, but it wasn't exactly loud, so maybe this time it was for fashion!

~*Lindsay*~

Weatherford
Jul. 16, 2002, 09:59 AM
And thank you for doing this -

HOWEVER, I got a worried email from a reader, and I agree that I am a little uncomfortable with posting peoples' pictures without their permission. Even journalists nowadays get the name and address of everyone they shoot - they usually talk to them to make sure it is OK to print their pics.

Having said that, I am actually MORE uncomfortable with people critiquing those pictures.

So, please, EVERYONE - no critiques of people unless requested.

And, we will have to check with Erin on posting pictures without permission.

Sorry about that.

Found the view, just a-lookin' fer some $$$$ /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ...

gwen
Jul. 16, 2002, 10:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Weatherford:
And thank you for doing this -

HOWEVER, I got a worried email from a reader, and I agree that I am a little uncomfortable with posting peoples' pictures without their permission. Even journalists nowadays get the name and address of everyone they shoot - they usually talk to them to make sure it is OK to print their pics.

Having said that, I am actually MORE uncomfortable with people critiquing those pictures.

So, please, EVERYONE - no critiques of people unless requested.

And, we will have to check with Erin on posting pictures without permission.

Sorry about that.

_ Found the view, just a-lookin' fer some $$$$ /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ... _ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No critiques!!! No problem..I think they are all great!

**BARB***

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 16, 2002, 12:05 PM
Oh, I didn't think about that. Sorry.....I've been posting pics for about a year now and no one as said anything. /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

~*Lindsay*~

Sam Iam
Jul. 16, 2002, 01:06 PM
You are one talented photographer!!! I so enjoyed looking at these pictures. Thank you for sharing. I just hope the lawyers don't get involved and ruin all our fun.

Weatherford
Jul. 16, 2002, 01:31 PM
I think when it is a "star" or someone you know, it is fine.

And I think if people don't critque those who did not ask for it, it may cntinue to be fine.

You are doing a great job - but, really, you should be SELLING these pics, not just putting them up here for FREE!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Keep a little black pad with you, write down the rider's number for every picture you take - THEN you will know who it is, and you can always contact them later with a proof sheet.

Riders LOVE good pictures of themselves!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Found the view, just a-lookin' fer some $$$$ /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ...

Lily
Jul. 16, 2002, 04:57 PM
I agree with Weatherford. Posting pictures of well-known grand prix jumpers is one thing. Posting pictures of random riders and then critiquing them is quite another. And VTRider is also right- until you've proven yourself as more accomplished than those pictured, you might want to think twice about bad-mouthing them. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Piaffeprincess, you've proven yourself to be quite a talented photographer. Take Weatherford's advice and keep track of the riders you're shooting- I'm sure they'll be thrilled to receive more proofs! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 16, 2002, 07:04 PM
I didn't bad mouth a specific rider did i? if i did, I'm sorry. I just sometimes don't agree with hunters, I'm an eventer /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I didn't ask for the critiques, I didn't mean for that to happen either.

I would sell these, but digital photography is not nearly as popular or good quality-wise as a professional with a real camera. I just enjoy posting pics for everyone to see. I'll try to keep the lesser known rider pics to a minimum!

~*Lindsay*~

J. Turner
Jul. 16, 2002, 07:24 PM
I heard today on sports talk radio that Tiger Woods' corporation is suing an artist that painted a picture of Tiger on the grounds that the painter can't make money off of Tiger's likeness.

Now that being said, I don't know if or how the artist is making money. Whether it's art for art's sake or he's putting it on a T-shirt to market.

Does this mean that AP can't take a picture of Michael Jordan and sell it to the Chicago Tribune or the NY Daily News to make money? If this set a precedent, would the subject of a photograph that won a Pulitizer Prize sue for royalties? Will Mona Lisa's decendents claim that they are owed back royalties for da Vinci using her likeness?

I'm going to put this on another thread so this one doesn't get bogged down. Please respond here (http://chronofhorse.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=691099205&f=4703057034&m=6283015516&r=6283015516#6283015516)

In reference to this board, perhaps only identified professionals, or participants in an open/pro class should be open to unapproved critiques. As for simply posting them? I think it would be ridiculous for a photographer not to be able to publicly post her work.

"And Max said, 'NO!'"
-- Maurice Sendak

*** Member of the MKF (Michelle Kwan Forum

Alex Trebek
Jul. 16, 2002, 07:27 PM
piaffeprincess,
I think you misunderstood - I don't think anyone was implying that you ever bad mouthed anyone. Your pictures are superb and I think I speak for most everyone on this board in thanking you for posting them. For those of us who can't make every show every week, they are very much appreciated - you have a real talent. Keep them coming!

Lily
Jul. 17, 2002, 04:50 AM
Piaffeprincess, I think you may have misunderstood my post. I don't think you were bad-mouthing anyone. I do think that others on this thread critiqued the riders in your pictures rather harshly. I think your pictures are great!

However, at least one BB-er has said she appears in some of your photos. (Kelsey D, if I remember correctly). She didn't seem to mind having her photos on the BB, but others might- particularly since so many were panned by various posters on this thread. Just something to think about for the future. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 17, 2002, 07:33 AM
ok...understood now! I have no way of knowing if any of my pictures are of fellow BBers, so if I've posted any of you (speaking generally), please email me privately and I will delete the post immedietly.

Weatherford, if you want me to delete the picture of the concerned BBer, please email me privately and I'll do that.

~*Lindsay*~

RumoursFollow
Jul. 17, 2002, 02:08 PM
the black horse in the jr hunters is Revelation & Vanessa Lavin.
The chestnut horse and the girl with the ribbon in her hair is Maxine Janes and Fosky.
The cantering picture is as stated Nicole Brown and Elvis... and also one of the very first pictures in the group is her.

I recognized more people but I cant remember them all now! lol

-----------------------------
RumoursFollow
Ten Oaks Farm (http://www.geocities.com/tenoakssc/index.html)
-----------------------------

Geroni-mo-oh-oh
Jul. 17, 2002, 02:12 PM
Great shots PP, but enough of the crossfire over critiques---it does not do us proud...
Looking at those photos, was anyone but me thinking about possible injury to the horses? Did anyone fall or get hurt? Just curious....
(and not yellow!!!) /infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

"Everything that doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."
Nietzsche

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 17, 2002, 03:15 PM
No injuries as far as I saw.....Alot of refusals (esp. at the blue jumps for some reason, at least in Corie's class on Saturday). Lotsa refusals in the jumpers on Sunday, probably due to the rain.

~*Lindsay*~

PlusTax
Jul. 17, 2002, 07:56 PM
Just so everyone knows I'm not bothered by having my picture on there at all!! Actually I'm kind of flattered /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif And nobody got hurt in the juniors, or even fell off as far as I saw... and as bad as the mud and rain looked in the pictures, it really wasn't that bad!! I mean it was drizzling which made everything muddy, but it was far from a down pour, I've ridden in much worse!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

**Kelsey**
&
**Notoriety**
**Plus Tax**
**Clearly Canadian**
**Pavielle**
**Angel Face**

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 18, 2002, 06:27 AM
I think I have a few nore or you if you'd like me to send them to you (or I can post them here). Just let me know. They're not as clear as the one of you I posted, but they're pretty good. Just let me know.

I still wanna know what Moesha looks like, I probably have some of him!

~*Lindsay*~

PlusTax
Jul. 18, 2002, 12:49 PM
Ooooo I definitly want to see more pictures!! You can post them here or send them to me, my e-mail address is Jrhntrpavi@aol.com Thanks!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

**Kelsey**
&
**Notoriety**
**Plus Tax**
**Clearly Canadian**
**Pavielle**
**Angel Face**