PDA

View Full Version : What did you get for Christmas/Chanukah?

wadino
Dec. 25, 2001, 05:51 AM
What did you get?

wadino
Dec. 25, 2001, 05:51 AM
What did you get?

stop4
Dec. 25, 2001, 05:53 AM
I got an edgewood bridal (padded) and I said that I didn't have a horse and my parents said you do now. THey decided to lease the horse I have been riding untill i age out next year!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Marion (Long Acre Hats Off's GOOD LUCK CHARM)

spaz
Dec. 25, 2001, 06:38 AM
Tailored Sportsmans, brushes, clippers, Harry Potter stuff (yay!), a few CDs, and that's about it....

http://jrsclique.proboards.com/index.cgi
Junior Clique!

*I never said I was a nice, caring, and sympathetic to the silly inane and idiotic.*

Fiction
Dec. 25, 2001, 08:02 AM
Hehe I got barely anything horsie this year(besides a horse in September)...hmm I got TONS from Abercrombie and AE, alot of makeup, some jewlery, mini clippers, cell phone case, alarm clock, SOCKS from everyone, CD burner, and alot of cute little stuff /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-----

~Princess~

"No you can't have it back silly rabbit!"
- Blaque

findeight
Dec. 25, 2001, 08:09 AM
A nice shelf stereo system for my upstairs-this instead of a scanner, Santa could not pass up the sale price.
The mare got new winter woolies. She inherited hers from my previous horse who wore a size smaller. Since I've had her 2 years next month I decided she could have some that fit. One black watch tartan that looks and feels like a parka and a midnight blue lined sheet with silver straps. Both look great on her white coat and keep most of it clean.

It's cold here. I wanna go to Florida

Court@HJ-OH
Dec. 25, 2001, 08:14 AM
A new horse!!!

Courtney!! and Momo is gone. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

"When someone shows you who they really are, believe them the first time." MAYA ANGELOU
Love can sometime be magic, but magic can sometimes be just an illusion!

[This message was edited by Court@HJ-OH on Dec. 25, 2001 at 03:46 PM.]

LJD
Dec. 25, 2001, 08:14 AM
I got $80 in cash, gift cards to Gap and A&F (I already have credit cards there... I don't get it! LOL), this super cute XOXO sweater, shorts and a shirt from Princeton U., a really cute Nine West bag and some other stuff. My favorite though was MAC Lipglass in Pink Poodle. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

If you're a horse, and someone gets on you, and falls off, and then gets right back on you, I think you should buck him off right away. - Jack Handey
*Pony Rock*

MsRidiculous
Dec. 25, 2001, 08:23 AM
apparently we're just a bunch of completely unenthusiastic people cuz our presents are still sitting under our 3 foot tall plastic tree. My mom's taking a shower, my dad's making breakfast and here I sit. No one's in a particular hurry. Oh well, its not like those presents are going anywhere.

-Amanda

"the centers show we're all misunderstood"

Lazy Palomino Hunter
Dec. 25, 2001, 08:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ryan:
What did you get?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
nameplates from my ridign instructor,
an Old Navy shirt from my riding instructor,
a sweater from grandma,
an international helmet from mom,
a very nice martingale from dad,
a vet book from dad,
a bike from my aunt,
a drafting table from both my parents,
a $30 gift cert. to the tack shop from grandma, a garmet bag from mom,
and I get to spend the week at camp at the farm (which i knew before)

I got VERY VERY lucky this year with everything I got... PLUS sometime soon I'm getting new TS cause I won a $50 gift certificate to Beval and I agreed to pay everything over $100 for them /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Alison

Claiborne
Dec. 25, 2001, 08:49 AM
Sandstone- your leasing Gregor till the end of the year?? thats awesome I LOVE HIM lol!! and I helped pick out your bridle(well not really pick it out but I held it while we rang it all up lol)!! I told my mom I wanted another bridlecause they are so pretty and she started to yell at me about how I have 2 edgewood bridles and one of them I cant use because its a horse size lol!! and Marion dont forget your HUGE trip all over the world that your family just went on and all that stuff you guys got to buy i think thats a pretty good gift!!
well i got...
a kate spade bag
custom cooler for my new pony
a lot of clothes(like 8 different outfits lol)
a coach bag and a kenneth cole bag
money and gift certificates
MY OWN PLASTIC(CREDIT CARD YAYAYAYA)
shoes
perfumes
a barber
and some DVDs and CDs

~Princess Sarah~
Now I lay me down to rest
I've tried my hardest and done my best to tumble, jump, dance & cheer, with the sharpest of motions and no trace of fear. I know in the morning my body will ache
but, for what I love it's a price I gladly pay. Thank you God for making me strong
with determination & commitment when practices are long. And Lord if I shall die before I wake, I'll know I've shown the world, cheerleaders are born, not made!!

ErinB
Dec. 25, 2001, 08:54 AM
I posted a thread like this on Off Course. Mine's on there. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

~Erin
Be yourself- The people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind.

stop4
Dec. 25, 2001, 09:17 AM
Claiborne thanks for the help picking out my bridal! I am doing the smalls on him in Raleigh this weekend. ANd still looking for a pregreen horse.... and my baby is lame but it is still an awsome christmas. TWO HORSES FOR CHRISTMAS AINT BAD!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Spider
Dec. 25, 2001, 09:29 AM
TECHNICALLY... i'm not getting anything for christmas or Chanuka ( or my birthday for the next 500 years /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ) On November Fifth, Ben (my new horse) was delivered from pennsylvania, In september, my grandparents bought me the car of my choice.( i got a saab 900 SE) A couple weeks ago we had Ben and Myself measured for a Custom Stackhouse. (he needs an extra narrow tree /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif ) So i'm thrilled to death! And Honestly i would feel guilty if my parents bought me anything else.
Ooh! almost forgot, a friend gave me a pair of socks, and my trainer gave me a gift certificate to a tack store. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kachoo
Dec. 25, 2001, 09:34 AM
*First and foremost, C'est Si Bon gets listed as a present, even though I got him earlier this month.

*Final Fantasy X - the ultimate in gaming. My brother and I have already been plastered to the Playstation 2 all morning.

*A beautiful Swiss watch

*A gorgeous perfume, body lotion, and shower gel - Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake

*A jacket from Abercrombie

*A pair of Ariat paddock boots and some Grand Prix halfchaps (which have yet to come in).

Woo-hoo! Awesome Christmas!!!

Cheers,
Susie
http://www.kachoom.com

"I am an idealist. I don't know where I am going, but I'm on my way." ~Carl Sandburg

Sparky22
Dec. 25, 2001, 09:35 AM
I got my new Hadfield's paddocks I orderd in July....got them or graduation from my old trainer...they got here a week or two ago and my mom thought it would be funny to wrapo them and put them under the tree /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif . Meanwhile, I was walking around in my paddocks with HUGE holes int hem and it is damn cold!

I got a book from my trainer and a new winter jacklet from my mom /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~~KAte~~

Member of Digruntled College Students Not-so Anonymous

"Date equestrians, the rest are just players" Haha...suuuuuure!

Ride like a champ!

E
Dec. 25, 2001, 09:44 AM
SOCKS, all 3 pairs, I love socks and you can never have too many
other then socks...
a new cordless for my room that lights up when it rings
clothes-AE, AF, etc.
new Hiedi ankle boots for my hoss
Jewerly Case
Elsa Peretti Heart Tag necklace w/ matching bracelet
CDs:
Back in Black, ACDC; Highway to Hell, ACDC; One Wild Night 1985-2001, Bon Jovi; Camino Palmero, The Calling
did I mention socks?!
and oh yeah, my dad doesn't know yet but 17 days in Ocala to horseshow, no school work invovled

R&R
"Dmklinger: LOL - sorry - wouldn't know a backstreet boy if one came up and bit me!!"
Now if that isn't a classic!

Box-of-Rox
Dec. 25, 2001, 09:49 AM
goooooood xmas/chanukah/holiday "deal"-- from the jewish family who, between one child in grad school, one child in high school, parents in motion really can only deal with one day holidays:

ibook (it's white and i'm in love)
portrait of super cute grouchy horsey
keychain (possibly to hold birthday present, maybe, dad???)
nietzche's biography (who but me would be ecstatic about that present? it made me SO happy! Uchicago here I come)
polartech vest
florida. three horses going, from thursday untill april. who could ask for more than that, right?

dumb as a box of rocks, but w/ REALLY nice horses....

ok, seriously, where's that approved GPA???

brynnabear
Dec. 25, 2001, 10:33 AM
* A BIG thing of new makeup from Mary Kay (yes I am loser /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif )

*Polo wraps (black and white)

*MONEY $200 for board and $60 american for new Verdaus ankle boots

*Hoof oil, Cowboy Magic, horse shampoo

*New winter riding gloves

*Fabulous bath gels and facial masks

*A brand new Navy blue quarter sheet that is being sent in to be monagrammed

*A new International schooling helmet

I also get the promise of a new car if I can save up a $1000, that means no week long shows this year but oh well /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I'd rather have a vehicle to get to the weekend ones anyway /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

*Man On A Mission*
High Caliber
*Sarcee Junction* (RIP)
Zip's Eliminator

G
Dec. 25, 2001, 10:58 AM
I got...
[LIST]<LI>SOCKS<LI>gorgeous handpainted silk lamp and pillow<LI>lots of clothes from Abercrombie<LI>zebra print cork board for my room<LI>zebra print lamp<LI>a Mountain Horse vest<LI>this adorable tote bag that is plaid w/ a dachshund on it wearing a plaid coat(I have a doxie and he is my baby LOL)<LI>stuff from Kiehl's (yum)<LI>picture frames<LI>an Ocean's 11 poster from my best friend which I will get when I arrive back at school (I'm not obsessed /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) <LI>AND my mom said that I could go away and work for the summer, which was a present as far as I'm concerned

-Jackie-
"If you love something, let it go. It it comes back, its yours, if not, you'll never know."
http://jax.0catch.com

Nylar
Dec. 25, 2001, 11:06 AM
I got:
-Mountain Horse boots (the really warm winter riding ones)
-a fleece schooling pad
-a ton of clothes, mostly long-sleeved shirts
-a denim jacket from Fossil (sheepskin-lined, it's so warm!)
-Moulin Rouge and Empire of the Sun DVDs
-a bunch of CDs, mostly country
-a new black purse, since I killed my old one
-2 scarves, to match my two main jackets

I think that's about it, and to quote one of my friends, I must've been REALLY good this year!!

"Technology is my friend, and sooner or later I will beat my friend into submission."

Smiles
Dec. 25, 2001, 11:17 AM
Well I got money, cloths from Polo, Dkny, A.e., and A.f., Doc Martins, and I haven't gone over to my grandparents yet so who knows what they will be giving out???? Hope everyone got what they wanted. Also enjoy the time you spend with love ones and friends!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Claiborne
Dec. 25, 2001, 11:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sandstone:
Claiborne thanks for the help picking out my bridal! I am doing the smalls on him in Raleigh this weekend. ANd still looking for a pregreen horse.... and my baby is lame but it is still an awsome christmas. TWO HORSES FOR CHRISTMAS AINT BAD!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Marion (Long Acre Hats Off's GOOD LUCK CHARM) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
2 horses for X-mas?? as far as I know you dont even have one!! but whatever!!

~Princess Sarah~
I've tried my hardest and done my best to tumble, jump, dance & cheer, with the sharpest of motions and no trace of fear. I know in the morning my body will ache
but, for what I love it's a price I gladly pay. Thank you God for making me strong
with determination & commitment when practices are long. And Lord if I shall die before I wake, I'll know I've shown the world, cheerleaders are born, not made!!

CharleyHorse
Dec. 25, 2001, 12:06 PM
AWESOME CHRISTMAS!! I got
WEEK LONG TRIP TO WELLINGTON!!! yEAH!!~!
200$ plus in cash and gift certificates
ummmmmmmmmmm, other stuff too but only little stuff, which is good, mostly clothes and that sort

merry christmas!

Don't you just love it when you try to talk to your school friends about horses and they just have this completely lost look on their face...and then they say..."So have you ever jumped ten feet?"

Pirateer
Dec. 25, 2001, 02:24 PM
Yay...Well...I got a HOOFPICK~!!!

And a heated bed thingie, a tommy girl perfume set, a tommy bracelet, earrings, ring, small stuff...shrek, other stuff i cant remember...
NEW SCISSORS!!!!!YAY!!!!

Oh yeah, and a truck. Well, that was in August...but it's really cool. It's a 2001 F-150. It has nothing cool on it. But for graduation I'm getting a system! yay!

Rebecca
Eeks! My horsie looks like a mule!!!
http://www.virtue.nu/pirateer/home.html

[This message was edited by Pirateer on Jan. 05, 2002 at 03:16 AM.]

Starmite
Dec. 25, 2001, 02:24 PM
First off I'm a newcomer so hey everyone! My name is Mary and im 15!

I got a new figure 8 bridle, a new running martingale, draw reins, bell boots, a new (approved) hat, and Abercrombie clothes...oh I also got a bunch of money /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Merry Christmas!
~M

JumpSnoopy
Dec. 25, 2001, 02:40 PM
-Edgewood fancy stitched padded bridle w/ matching reins
-Edgewood fancy stitched martingale
-Edgewood fuzzy girth
-Clothes (A&F, Ralph Lauren)
-Coach bag
-Two RL necklaces
-TV
-Half chaps
-A comforter for my new room when we move
-Yummy RL bath set & cute stuffed Polo bears /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
-$$$ (which I will get Hadfield's open fronts & ankle boots with, and pay for half of my huntcoat)
-And my horse was kinda partially a Christmas present, even though I got him in August /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I did pretty well this Christmas!! Hope everyone had/is having a happy holiday /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by JumpSnoopy on Dec. 26, 2001 at 10:16 AM.]

OnMyWay173
Dec. 25, 2001, 02:48 PM
I got some Harry Potter stuff and some cute sweaters I picked out. But most of all...I got my custom Journeymen chaps and a new wood show trunk! I am so excited for Raleigh in January, even if I'm not riding my perfect Penny this time. Just my babies...

Kasey

ExRacer
Dec. 25, 2001, 02:59 PM
I got...
~a rambo pillow pad
~new front boots for my horse
~Mountain Horse winter paddock boots
~new breeches
~2 horse calendars, a car emergency kit, a horse key chain, one of those white decals for your car of a jumping horse, PJ's, and some other assorted things.

Merry Christmas everyone, hope everyone got what they wanted. Give all your ponies an apple for me!

~Shanon~
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do--do it and let it speak for itself." --Martin Vanbee

stop4
Dec. 25, 2001, 03:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Claiborne:

~Princess Sarah~

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got 2 horses! Gregor (who you DID know about) and I am getting a pregreen horse as soon as we find a REALY REALLY nice one. I ALSO still have the ride on Mandy. So there!!!!!

OnceAThief
Dec. 25, 2001, 03:24 PM
I was really surprised by what I got for Christmas - I got my horse last month, so I thought that was it for Christmas. I got:

- Clothes, including Victoria Secret pyjamas (sooo nice) and a long sleeve polo that's awesome
- Money for a pair of pants I wanted, from my brother (his comment: "I'm not shopping in the girl's section for my sister!!")
- A foxhunting print that my stepmother and I saw at auction a year ago. I liked it, she won it, lost it, and just found it last month so saved it for today.
- A poster for some Grand Prix at Monte Carlo from this summer. My dad was there for vacation when the show was going on, and got a poster for me. It's so cool - I'll have to take a picture to post.
- A framed picture of my horse
- A CD, a gift certificate, and a Felix clock for my appartment.. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
- A Build-a-Bear horse, complete with unapproved brain bucket.

Destiny
Dec. 25, 2001, 03:49 PM
I got:
Digital Camera (YAY!)
Leather coat from Gap
belts, socks, shoes, clothes
a bunch of horsey shampoos and stuff
a burgundy wool cooler with monogram (sooo purdy!)
custom fly sheet
jewelry, CDs, lotion, makeup kit from Clinique
Lots of $$ and gift certificates
mini fridge and microwave for dorm room next year
And best of all...
I got to see my cousins and grandparents ( I only get to see them once a year, twice if there is a wedding or funeral). I hope everyone else had a good Christmas! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Julie

OnceAThief
Dec. 25, 2001, 03:54 PM
My dad got us all a pool table to play with. I've already gotten beaten pretty soundly by most of my family - when we each unwrapped our pool ball, dad said that, instead of investing for grad school, he got us this so we could pool-shark our way through. Yeah, Dad, that's a good idea.. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~SC~
Dec. 25, 2001, 04:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sandstone:
I got an edgewood bridal (padded) and I said that I didn't have a horse and my parents said you do now. THey decided to lease the horse I have been riding untill i age out next year!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Which horse is it Marion?? Is it the cute gray you were on at Chateau Elan?? I'm having one of those Very-Confused-Because-I'm-A-Blonde moments! LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif :P

~Sarah

~SC~
Dec. 25, 2001, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Starmite:
First off I'm a newcomer so hey everyone! My name is Mary and im 15!

I got a new figure 8 bridle, a new running martingale, draw reins, bell boots, a new (approved) hat, and Abercrombie clothes...oh I also got a bunch of money /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Merry Christmas!
~M<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I live in Alpharetta, but I go to school in Dunwoody (Marist). Who do you ride w/?? Maybe I know you! LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~Sarah

horsesrlife65
Dec. 25, 2001, 05:18 PM
I got a 16.5 inch Henri de Rivel! It's already a really pretty color, too (no shade experimenting!)

That was my big gift. The rest was just little stuff so I had things to open (ie a book, socks, a purse, a bookbag, a belt, and some clothes).

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JC
Dec. 25, 2001, 05:30 PM
well actually i got it in November, its a 2002 C230, but with it it's been confirmed that the next horse I buy is going to have to be when I move out and am paying for it myself.
I got a new jacket and snowboarding stuff, some money, nothing horsie. I was going to get to go to Florida to show for two weeks, but I sort of got into a little car accident, so bye bye florida hello new Fender! Ya in my new car, I know, bad, but hey The gaurd rail hit me I SWEAR!

JC

Box-of-Rox
Dec. 25, 2001, 05:40 PM
JC--do you like it? My mom and I went and looked at the M320 yesterday. and yes, that's what I'm hoping is going at the end of that keychain, except it's a little big and i don't think that, given where we live and (specifically) where my horses live, I want something quite that big. parallel parking NIGHTMARE.

dumb as a box of rocks, but w/ REALLY nice horses....

ok, seriously, where's that approved GPA???

Claiborne
Dec. 25, 2001, 06:00 PM
Quote: "Originally posted by Claiborne:

~Princess Sarah~

"

I got 2 horses! Gregor (who you DID know about) and I am getting a pregreen horse as soon as we find a REALY REALLY nice one. I ALSO still have the ride on Mandy. So there!!!!!

wow the ride on mandy now theres something to brag about?!?!?! ur a nut!!

~Princess Sarah~

Luv2ride
Dec. 25, 2001, 06:13 PM
I got TONS of Abercrombie I think between me and my sister, we bought out the whole store /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I got some stuff for my dorm room

A new laptop in September for college

Jewlery, CD's, some other little stuff

AND (drum roll please) a "coupon" for a new horse when I finish my second semester!!! (and when we sell the one i have now)

Overall it was an awesome Christmas!
Hapy Holidays everyone!

~Nikki and Ethan~

*Whoever said money can't buy you happiness, never owned a horse : ) *
*First Semester is over!! I made it through my first semester of college!!*

spaz
Dec. 25, 2001, 06:38 PM
I guess I could add a new saddle and a new horse that haven't arrived yet...LOL. Soon, very soon....

http://jrsclique.proboards.com/index.cgi
Junior Clique!

*I never said I was a nice, caring, and sympathetic to the silly inane and idiotic.*

So Intent
Dec. 25, 2001, 08:31 PM
A CD case, a wooden carved horse, a really cool jacket (that i picked out. hehe), a funky sweater, a new faceplate for my phone... and chief got the nicest pair of matching front and back boots that i could find (but that present is from me!)

Today was fun. My horse rocks the world.

MsRidiculous
Dec. 25, 2001, 08:47 PM
that WHO picked out???

-Amanda

"the centers show we're all misunderstood"

SnoSkiBunny
Dec. 25, 2001, 08:51 PM
hmm lets see, this year was lots of fun!! I got:
-some swaeters from Ralph Lauren
-a necklace and bracelet from Tiffany's
-a new shadbelly!! hahaha yay!! lol im such a nerd!
-other horsie necessarries(like brushes and stuff)
-a stereo from the sharper image
-and just some money and books and stuff!

over all i think it was a VERY good christmas!! except for my great grandma being in the hospital, but besides that it was great!
Hope everyone had a lovely christmas!
Kristin

alsvider
Dec. 25, 2001, 09:12 PM
Oh man, awesome Christmas this year. We said we were skimping, but I don't think that happened /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Breeches (yay! my only pair is falling apart)
Riding gloves (same problem as old breeches)
3 horse books, 1 novel.
Fleece jacket.
A ticket to LOTR... I'm too broke to pay for one myself <g> but now I want to go again... I had an awful headache the whole movie, I think I missed some bits /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
REALLY big mug - with horses on it, to top things off (I'm a hot cocoa addict... esp. on winter mornings)
Jeans (I've been searching thrift stores for months in vain, my mother finally couldn't stand my lack of money and got me a *new* pair -gasp)
Recurve bow (as in archery) - and lots of arrows, and a fingerguard... I didn't even ride today, I spent all afternoon shooting arrows into straw bales... and narrowly missing my brothers (who also got bows) /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Probably the best thing was that my whole family was home for the first time since last January.

Happy Holidays everyone! Now I'm going to crash... who lets people work the day after Christmas??? I have to be there at 7:30 AM /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

SBT
Dec. 25, 2001, 09:26 PM
...some of those lists are unbelievable. I think some of you need to remember the real meaning of Christmas, or whatever holiday you're celebrating. We should be counting blessings this year, not gifts.

I like the "What did you GIVE for Christmas" thread much better.

Not to be a party pooper, or ruin anybody's cheer, but we need to remember the really important things.

~Wishing everyone health, happiness, and success in the coming year,

Sara~

Fiction
Dec. 25, 2001, 09:54 PM
I had a very merry christmas this year it was so great...We went to my aunts house later in the day(just got home) and opened more presents and I finally met my cousin's fiance, who is SO nice and adds some excitment to that side of the family /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I also got a Coach leather cell phone case, brown suede jacket & pants, some cute shirts, calenders, boot socks, more cow print stuff to match my other things, and all these cute little things that I'm too tired to list...Oh yea I got a $100 for Bevals(YAY I can get a hoof pick or 2!) I'm gonna get a nwe baby pad & show gloves I *think*
We only got home around 12:30 so I'm a little zoney /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

-----

~Princess~

"No you can't have it back silly rabbit!"
- Blaque

[This message was edited by Fluffy Feathers on Dec. 26, 2001 at 01:05 AM.]

palindrome
Dec. 25, 2001, 10:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sbt78lw:
...some of those lists are unbelievable. I think some of you need to remember the real meaning of Christmas, or whatever holiday you're celebrating. We should be counting blessings this year, not gifts.

Not to be a party pooper, or ruin anybody's cheer, but we need to remember the really important things.

Sara~<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to say I agree somewhat. Or maybe I'm just jealous after reading everyone's massive lists of things they got. Seriously though, I hope you all realize how extremely fortunate you are, and don't forget the real meaning of Christmas, like sbt78lw said. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Happy Holidays! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

mwalshe
Dec. 26, 2001, 12:00 AM
Haha my mom gave me the SAME present as she did two years ago. I didn't have any use for it then either /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Of course, when she called and asked me if I liked it I said "Oh thanks, it's great!". I sometimes wonder if she lives on the same planet.

piaffeprincess98
Dec. 26, 2001, 04:39 AM
i am addicted to them! I got Olympics, Burghley, Badminton.....8 all together. I also fot 5 Breyers (ya know, the models) since I have a collection of over 200. I got 5 calendars! lol! A Backstreet Boys, 98*, a "Wild" horses, a horses flip calendar, and the World Class Wonders calendar! I love that one, it has some great pics. I got alot of body stuff from my friends,...ya know, the non-horsey people always get you that! and i got a few cds and some shirts. Of course, all the shirrts say "Cowgirl" or something like that cause that's what the Grandparents think is neat if you like horses!

~*Lindsay*~
A proud co-owner of CorLin Productions. Watch out horseworld, here we come!

Halo Effect
Dec. 26, 2001, 06:48 AM
Umumumum I gots:
~new half chaps..... HOORAY!
~gloves
~discman
~A D-ring Bit bracelet
~A table (haha atleast it's not a spoon!)
~A little jewelry carrier
~A watch
~One of those palm things, but by a differenet company
~$75.. yay I'm no longer BROKE!!! Now maybe my friends and family can get presents!

Catherine
"Love is when your horsey cuddles with you even after you left him alone all day."
~Unapproved Princess Clique~
Proud member of the DUMBELL CLIQUE
I Love John!
The Perfect Hunt Horse:
It should " 'Ave the 'ead of a duchess an the arse of a cook"
Can take a JOKE?!?!

Jennasis
Dec. 26, 2001, 07:34 AM
For the record, i enjoy watching people open the gifts I gave them more than I enjoy recieving...

However, I got a lovely pair of Devon-Aire breeches, and a gorgeous french blue show shirt from State line tack. I also got a new blanket bar, and a folding saddle rack to take to the occassional show. I got some nice sweaters, lots of socks (toe socks!!), and a few boardgames.

I also got a new BBQ grill from my parents.

It was a tremendously fulfilling and happy Christmas. But my favorite gift is yet to come. We convinced my uncle (who owns the house my boyfriend and I live in) to let us get a dog. My boyfriend and I will be adopting a retired greyhound very soon!

~SC~
Dec. 26, 2001, 07:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sbt78lw:

Sara~<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just because I received alot of stuff doesn't mean I don't know the "real meaning" of Christmas or recognize what is truly important. It's really not fair at all for you to judge a person like that. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I think it's fine to receive gifts as long as that isn't the only part of Christmas that you focus on. Some people's families just may be more into gift-giving than others. There are people who receive tons of gifts and know what's "important", and people who get 3 presents and could give a rat's arse about what Christmas really mean. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Plus, this thread IS just about what we got for Christmas. So if you think that talking about our gifts makes us forget the importance of Christmas, DON'T read the thread! End of story.

~Sarah

wadino
Dec. 26, 2001, 08:14 AM
I made the thread, not for bragging, and I didn't see bragging. Yes Christmas is all about giving, but frankly I think it is boring hearing what so and so gave to someone I don't know.

SBT
Dec. 26, 2001, 10:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ~Southern Comfort~:
There are people who receive tons of gifts and know what's "important", and people who get 3 presents and could give a rat's arse about what Christmas really mean. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear ya on that one. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif And I certainly did NOT mean to diss anyone who got a ton of expensive gifts, or to imply that getting a lot of gifts means you don't know what Christmas is all about. I did not read the thread with the intention of chastising anyone. I just saw some pretty long lists and thought that perhaps a little reminder might be in order. If that offended you, I apologize.

~Sara

Ethan & Ella's Mom
Dec. 26, 2001, 12:53 PM
To spend my first Christmas with my son Ethan. I know he's only 8 months but it was so much fun watching his face. He truly enjoyed the wrapping paper and bows better then anything else. I was also more excited to see my husband's face when I surpised him with an XBox. We were only to buy like a certain amount for each other but I just couldn't help it. He deserves it for letting me be a stay at home Mom with Ethan. I did decide that next year we are having Christmas at our house, it's just too much running around with a little one in tow. I didn't get anything horsey due to the face that I gave my horse to my sister to use while her's is out of commission. It just meant the world to me to be around my family for the last few days. My cousin just got deployed to Kosovo 2 weeks ago and we got to talk to her Christmas Eve night. I'm also getting a package ready to send to a serviceperson overseas that can't be home with their family for the holidays. I know that what it's like not having family home, my father spent 2 years in Korea and missed those holidays and it was really hard. Keep those folks overseas in your thoughts and prayers along with those that lost loved ones on 9-11. Family is what's really most important!!!!

"I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free, and I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me. And I'll gladly stand up, next to you and defend her still today, cause there ain't no doubt I love this land, god bless the USA"

ThunderingKnight
Dec. 26, 2001, 04:50 PM
Ok, I like the giving thing better...BUT here is what our family got:

ME:
-brand new Chevy 2500 HD Duramax Diesel four door, 4x4 pick 'em up ( in white to match the horse trailer)
-new ISH Grand Prix horse
-fig 8 noseband
-Wolff shipping boots
-Eskie open fronts and matching ankles
-preventative pad
-brass and siver clincher
-wahl clippers
-BODY clippers
-blanket,sheet,etc...
-awesome Ducane gas grill
-new tires and rims for the pick 'em up
-hoof dressing
-sleepless nights
I don't know what else..

My Daughter:
-BUNCH of clothes, toys, etc (she's only almost 6 months)
-quarter horse
-GAS

MY Hubby:
- Grill stuff
- 2002 chevy 3500 4x4 van
-his daughter (Ok that was early)
-new puppy
-$$$$$$for the barn we are going to build
-a new horse, as soon as we sell the other two
-sleepless nights

I love to see peoples' reaction when they open our presents~!!!! Too funny....I almost like it better. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Irish Mist
Dec. 26, 2001, 05:49 PM
I got
*Mountain Horse Winter Boots
*feild boots
*leather Half Chaps
*a Pro Picture of My Horse and I
*Open Front Boots
*polos From my Coach
*money
*an more that I cant remember

fleur
Dec. 26, 2001, 06:25 PM
...nothing. Well, that's not true. I guess my mom is going to put $300 in my bank account, and we ARE on vacation (for the first time in years). And of course there's that COLLEGE business. Oh well. I will just have to pray that they will be willing to pay for twice-a-week lessons at MHC, or I will not ride very often.
Hope everyone enjoys all their awesome gifts, regardless of whether you deserved them or not /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

*EMMA*
http://emmapony.diaryland.com

LiLy101
Dec. 26, 2001, 07:38 PM
hey Irish Mist, lol where did you get your user name?? That was my old pony's showname. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JC
Dec. 26, 2001, 09:16 PM
I feel bad calling you that, lol. Ya I love it, its a sports coup, but the back seat folds down and it becomes a hatchback and there is a TON of room for all my stuff and my puppy. Its awesome and sooo much fun to drive. I looked at the SUV's and came within inches of buying one, but decided against it simply because I think they're kind of ugly, too big and bad on gas. The C230 is little and I can park ANYWHERE!! yet its decieveing because of the design there is enough room for just about anything! I really love it! I could not be happier, it has a moon roof and all sorts of roadside assitance features, and information if you're lost. My family always buys mercedes, my mom bought a new jag and as much as she loves it, my mercedes is nicer, they've just been doing it longer, they're the experts! Keep me updated on what you get, I don't recomend the M classes though! Good Luck! Oh and if you do get the C230 or anythong for that matter, learn from my advice, NEVER underestimate the power of Rear wheel drive and super chargers!!!
JC

Pistol 'n' Me
Dec. 27, 2001, 07:26 AM
Merry belated Christmas to you All /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I owe a ton of thanks to my old instructor who works at the local tack store--he aided my mom in buying goodies for me!

Saddle Pad (to go with the upcoming endurance saddle)
Camera
Stationary
Socks--tons of socks!
Picture frames
Books--Endurance Riding & Connected Riding
Robert Vara (sp...) 2002 Calendar
Odds & Ends of horsey Stuff
GAP gift card from barn owners/friends
And of course, yesterday and today we hit the malls and tack stores for post-Christmas sales. Yesterday was Old Navy and Victoria's Secret; today is the tack store and GAP. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Santa even left Pistol 2 bags of horse treats!
And the family got a new printer/scanner/copier as well as a CD burner (already copied my sister's Pat McGhee Band CD...ahhh!)

I'm gonna do endurance! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Now to get in shape for 50 miles of riding...!

Kalifornia
Dec. 27, 2001, 08:06 AM
Are you serious? Your parents bought you a mercedes???? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

#%*Kalifornia$%&

ErinB
Dec. 27, 2001, 08:27 AM
My car is going to run. Period. If I ever got a Mercedes, they'd be "borrowing" it all the time. In other words, I'd be driving the minivan. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh well. I can dream.

~Erin
Be yourself- The people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind.

anthem35
Dec. 27, 2001, 08:56 AM
...2 quarter sheets in both horses colors (blue/gray, and hunter/gray)
..Navy blue Grand Prix show coat
..Mountain Horse quilted vest
..Beautiful Baker saddle carrying bag...mmmm. so nice, with leather straps...
..Silver Horse charm bracelet...sooo cute /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
..sockssockssocks
..White Essex shirt
..snowboard boots
..riding gloves

Love my horsey boyfriend!!

gwen
Dec. 27, 2001, 09:03 AM
I got:

-Some nice sweaters from the Limited (for work)
-Tailored Sportsmans...my old ones were 6 years old and dead!!!!
-PJ's
-cat toys from my husbands parents!!!
-desperately needed socks and underwear...
-New Hunt Coat from Hubby...(probably return since I won't use it much) /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
-crabtree and evelyn bath stuff from my brother!! love it!!!
-lots of ornaments for our first christmas together...

I went and bought myself a fleece from Old Navy...10 bucks baby!!!!!!!

**Barb**

OH!! My mom found the prettiest painted metal/brass rocking horse that sits on the ground..hard to explain but it's gorgeous!!

Catalina
Dec. 27, 2001, 09:11 AM
I got:

my repossesed TB jumper
a digital camera
a copper horse weather vane for the barn
clothes
videos
books
an X-box with 5 games & an extra controller
Christmas cash

Good Christmas!

gwen
Dec. 27, 2001, 09:11 AM
So what did you get Ryan??????? You asked but didn't tell us!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

**Barb**

~SC~
Dec. 27, 2001, 09:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kalifornia:
Are you serious? Your parents bought you a mercedes???? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

#%*Kalifornia$%&<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I'm getting a BMW for graduation! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Well, I get whatever kind of car I want, but I like Beemers best! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif The only Mercedes I like are the 2-door and the convertible ones, but I don't WANT either one of those!! LOL I NEED 4 doors!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

~Sarah

Kalifornia
Dec. 27, 2001, 11:06 AM
K, I don't know what's up down there but I know that up here in Canada, people don't really buy eachother cars!! You get any car you want for graduating? From who?????????? Can I move in with you? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

#%*Kalifornia$%&

SquishTheBunny
Dec. 27, 2001, 11:18 AM
I got a car and Im in canada...however it was more if a "if we get her a car, she will never ask us for rides to schoo, to the barn, or to her friends again".

Im so sure they bought it out of the good will of their hearts. Uh huh.

However, no its not a mercedes...no where close.

JC
Dec. 27, 2001, 01:09 PM
I have a 30k dollar car, and no horsie, my mom feels justified putting out cash on a car but not on a horse, which I would much rather have. If I could have had the money for a horse I would trade it in a heart beat!

JC

~SC~
Dec. 27, 2001, 02:22 PM
My parents are buying me a car for graduating from either high school or college. I might take one of our current cars to school and get a new one after college, or depending on circumstances, get one before I go! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Very normal in the US!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Plus I didn't get a car when I turned 16, I got a horse... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

~Sarah

Halo Effect
Dec. 27, 2001, 03:32 PM
OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!
You guys get cars?!?!?! GRRRRRR!!! I'm working on my diddy!! LOL, like it'll work!! Well so far the deal is NO 4.0 GPA (not the helmet) THEN NO CAR!! grrrrrr I have one of the Numbers right, 3.0!! YAY!!! Sadly though last year at first quarter I had 3.5!! Awwwww man!! I guess I really discovered my silly side this year!!!!!!!

Catherine
~Unapproved Princess Clique~ Proud member of the DUMBELL CLIQUE
The perfect hunt horse should" 'Ave the 'ead of a duchess an the arse of a cook"
Bounce once if you believe in diagonals!
Calligula, a smart man! Appointed his horse as consul!
Look mommy!! He's wearing bellbottoms!!(in reference to a clydesdale)

Starmite
Dec. 27, 2001, 04:19 PM
Hey! I go to Marist too! Im in 9th grade tho so you are prob. older than me... What grade r u in? I ride w/ Heather Steinman. Sorry this is short-
~M /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ErinB
Dec. 27, 2001, 04:29 PM
Are they the Bit Of Britain half chaps? How do you like them?

~Erin
Help! I'm online and I can't get off!

Multiple Choice
Dec. 27, 2001, 06:29 PM
I got:
some clothes from Abercrombie and Gap
leather pants from Gap (which is so not me, but i like them)
2 belts and a purse from Zest of the West
A few horsey books
A new Marigold coat
2 show shirts
(my horse...which I got in March!) /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
A BUNCH of make-up
CANDY!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
A cell phone complete with a sparkly "studded" face (my 12 year old bro picked it out /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif )
I got a bunch of little stuff too, and I had a GREAT time with the family.....it was nice to just chill out and have fun for a few days! Hope everyone had a GREAT x-mas! MUAH! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

*Sarah Beth*

dogchushu
Dec. 27, 2001, 06:54 PM
I'll limit it to the horsey stuff. I got:

* A nice new Wilkers saddle pad (a girl can never have too many saddle pads)
* Some On Course side zip breeches (I couldn't ask my family to fork out the $$$ for TS)
* Some very warm, thinsulate lined winter gloves
* A big jar of Cosequin
* One of those ear-warmer head band thingies
* More things of Mrs. Pastures horse cookies than my horse could eat in a month (well, she'd try to eat them in a day if she could... but I don't want to kill her with cookies)
* A HUGE jar of Icy Hot... for when I fall off or overdo it! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif What does that say about my family's confidence in my riding ability????

Lisi
Dec. 27, 2001, 11:03 PM
I got a snowboard, boots, & bindings for a birthday - xmas present, and I got 8 pairs of socks (4 knee socks, 4 regular), and 2 pairs of tights (1 fishnet), a Cal sweatshirt, a fleece, a wrap skirt from Laos, a couple books and 2 cds, and a pine-needle basket. I got no horsie stuff. /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

InWhyCee
Dec. 28, 2001, 06:12 PM
A shoebox FULL of 1960s-era postcards featuring nothing but HORSES--Trigger, Queen Elizabeth, Vienna Riding School, et cetera. From the non-horsey sister, purchased at a SalArmy "in a ghetto somewhere." Aren't you all jealous?

"People... they're so
complicated. I suppose
that's why I prefer
horses."

Bumpkin
Dec. 28, 2001, 06:27 PM
Wonderful find and gift!!!!

I love gifts like that, worthless to someone else but hours of enjoyment and entertainment to the right person /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~SC~
Dec. 29, 2001, 08:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Starmite:
Hey! I go to Marist too! Im in 9th grade tho so you are prob. older than me... What grade r u in? I ride w/ Heather Steinman. Sorry this is short-
~M /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif That's soo freaky!! I'm friends w/ Heather and rode w/ her a long time ago! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Ask her if she knows Sarah Sullivan! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'm a senior at Marist! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif What's your horse's name and what do you show in?? I probably know who you are b/c I know most of the freshmen cuz my carpool kid is in 9th grade!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif :P

~sARAH

SBT
Dec. 30, 2001, 09:46 AM
...I'll bite, even though I got a little put off by the new car/new horse stuff. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Those of you who got those things, remember how lucky you are! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

ANYway, here's my list:

~A new mattress set, with new linens, from my parents. My old one was in bad shape, but no way was I going to get MYSELF a new one. That would mean less money for horsey stuff! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Horses really mess with your priorities. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
~A small sterling silver and green jade bracelet, also from my parents. VERY pretty. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Again, something I would never buy for myself.
~Mountain Horse crochet back gloves, "bark" color, from one of my friends. She also gave me a bunch of those foot warmers that stick to your socks. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
~Money from my grandparents, which I used to buy a navy pinstripe Devon-Aire Nouvelle hunt coat on closeout at the tack store. I also got boot stretch spray for my field boots, REAL riders' hairnets, /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif and new stirrup pads while I was at it.
~So much chocolate, cookies and candy, I will undoubtedly be a diabetic by New Year's. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
~Really hideous blue fuzzy slippers from my grandma, but...well...they ARE warm!
~A nice gray shirt from my brother.
~2 pair of jeans and 3 shirts from my parents.

Oddly, nobody gave me socks OR underwear this year! /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I must've been bad or something... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~Sara

splash
Dec. 30, 2001, 10:01 AM
I posted this on my best Christmas moment also, but I got my son early for Christmas. He was born on the 15th. Don't think I can repeat that one!

http://www.My.Tupperware.com/laurelbishop

Starmite
Jan. 1, 2002, 10:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ~Southern Comfort~:

OMG! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif That's soo freaky!! I'm friends w/ Heather and rode w/ her a long time ago! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Ask her if she knows Sarah Sullivan! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'm a senior at Marist! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif What's your horse's name and what do you show in?? I probably know who you are b/c I know most of the freshmen cuz my carpool kid is in 9th grade!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif :P

~sARAH<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do childrens jumpers on "Poco Loco". I used to do children's hunters on "Ritzie Girl", one of Bob Buxton's horses, but he moved to Oklahoma last summer (and that's when I started riding w/ Heather). Who do u ride w/ and show in? And who is your carpool person? I prob. know them /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
~M

Lavender Menace
Jan. 1, 2002, 10:50 AM
I got a lot of new stuff for my apartment, linens and dishes and so forth. Some clothes, some money, a little of this and that. The best part was getting to see nearly all of my immediate family around the holidays. My brother and his wife are having a baby, and they announced it right before Christmas, which was pretty cool.

Hope you all had a great New Year's Eve!

PaigeHortman
Jan. 1, 2002, 11:05 AM
Hey i got some OK stuff, grr! But I went to florida on the 26th so I got a lot of stuff down there (international mall tampa YEAHHHH!) so heres what i got including all my florida "gifts"

DVD player (i didnt want one, we have ps2 which is a DVD)

DVD's

2 pairs of new paddock boots dont ask why? Brown and Black, lol!

Burberry touch Perfume and Lotion

All together $500 to abercrombie from like everyone jeeezzz!!!

Mall Gift Certificates

Spa Gift Ceretificates

Tanning (yeah fake and bake) for a year!

Steve Madden "Dutches"

Steve Madden Boots

Toby Keith, Garth Brooks, Trick Pony CD's

Burberry Hat and carrying bag

Burberry Scarf

Michael Stars Shirts

Saks mesh bag for horse shows

Frankie B jeans

Tiffanys bracelet to match my necklas (finally)

Thats all i can remember, i got like no horse stuff lol but i didnt really need or want any so thats cool!

my b-day is in feb so then i will ask for CAR STUFF, hehehe, tints, system......bmw stereos are horrrrible, my boom box would be better lol! anyways happy new year! all ur gifts sound awesome!

~SC~
Jan. 1, 2002, 12:23 PM

I do childrens jumpers on "Poco Loco". I used to do children's hunters on "Ritzie Girl", one of Bob Buxton's horses, but he moved to Oklahoma last summer (and that's when I started riding w/ Heather). Who do u ride w/ and show in? And who is your carpool person? I prob. know them /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
~M<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I rode w/ Bob too for awhile, when he was at Pleasant Hill b/c that's next to my house. But that was like 2 years ago. What a coincidence! LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I ride w/ Stevehaven Stables, and I show Southern Comfort in Older Large Juniors and all the medals and Big Eqs! Courtney Marks is my carpool person. Very cool kid! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

~Sarah

LJD
Jan. 1, 2002, 01:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PaigeHortman:
my b-day is in feb so then i will ask for CAR STUFF, hehehe, tints, system......bmw stereos are horrrrible, my boom box would be better lol! anyways happy new year! all ur gifts sound awesome!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yuck! I second that BMW stereos suck! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif BTW, I love Burberry. Lucky!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

If you're a horse, and someone gets on you, and falls off, and then gets right back on you, I think you should buck him off right away. - Jack Handey
*Pony Rock*

Halo Effect
Jan. 2, 2002, 06:54 AM
I got more... YAY!
~Diamond ring (just think 12 little diamonds in two rows) w/ platinum band
~Gold watch
~two new belts (one has orange rhinestones and the other in just different kinds of leather!!)
~A necklace
~Another ring (not real though!)
~a purse
~an ornament
~Some weird perfume (tomato scented..... ???)
~Some basil wine.... ewwwwwww
/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Well that's it for christmas.... next year maybe I'll get a car!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif YEA like that would happen

Catherine
The perfect hunt horse should" 'Ave the 'ead of a duchess an the arse of a cook"

Anyplace Farm
Jan. 2, 2002, 02:47 PM
I can't even begin to bore myself with a whole list of stuff but I will say that I got the COOLEST lens from my boyfriend for taking pix of my kids at the shows. He knows I'm a picture psycho. This lens goes twice the distance my other one did. It's as big as the ones the pros use! Woo-hoo!!

ErinB
Jan. 2, 2002, 02:49 PM
Tomato perfume? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~Erin
Visit my Website (http://usa.internations.net/pets/mizpig//outlooks1.htm)
Member, Night Owl Support Group

Halo Effect
Jan. 2, 2002, 03:02 PM
haha yessssssss.. tomato perfume! It was from my sister she's 30 and a little weird!!!! LOL

Catherine

Starmite
Jan. 2, 2002, 03:35 PM

I rode w/ Bob too for awhile, when he was at Pleasant Hill b/c that's next to my house. But that was like 2 years ago. What a coincidence! LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I ride w/ Stevehaven Stables, and I show Southern Comfort in Older Large Juniors and all the medals and Big Eqs! Courtney Marks is my carpool person. Very cool kid! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

~Sarah<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG I used to ride at Pleasant Hill w/ Karen Kerby a looong time ago. I leased Tiger. Do u live in that yellow house right next to it or the brown one?
M

LJD
Jan. 2, 2002, 05:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bennet&Bailey:
haha yessssssss.. tomato perfume! It was from my sister she's 30 and a little weird!!!! LOL

Catherine

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Demeter?

*Pony Rock*

~SC~
Jan. 2, 2002, 06:48 PM

OMG I used to ride at Pleasant Hill w/ Karen Kerby a looong time ago. I leased Tiger. Do u live in that yellow house right next to it or the brown one?
M<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I live in the big brown house on the hill! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I also leased Tiger for awhile when I rode w/ Karen. I also leased Wally and some other horse. That was probably 3 years ago.. /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif We built a barn and a ring at my house, and I keep my horse at home and trailer up to Sunny's for lessons now! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~Sarah~

Halo Effect
Jan. 2, 2002, 06:51 PM
What's Demeter!?!?!

Catherine

Halo Effect
Jan. 2, 2002, 06:57 PM
Don't hate me b/c my name's beautiful! LOL

Catherine
Why does Ryan hate me user name?!?!
Ridin Horses is what I love, that's why my Bailey is from heaven above!!
Look mommy!! He's wearing bellbottoms!!!!

hushpuppy
Jan. 2, 2002, 07:49 PM
I got:

*Clothes (I'm too old for A&F...and what's A&E? I need educating)

*Camcorder, which I REEEEALY wanted

*Coffee mugs, coffee and tea

*TV pillow for lying on the bed watching TV and eating bon-bons

*Folding canvas chair for viewing horse shows and golf tourneys

*Enough cash to place the winning bid on that Bob Marshall sport saddle I've had my eye on over at Ebay

*Jammies

*Magazine subscription to Horse and Rider (doing lots of western riding these days)

For the record, if we really wanted to focus on the spirit of Christmas, don't give gifts until the 6th of January and never put up a tree. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I think it's fun to see what everyone got. I didn't see anyone feeling that they got less than the next person. Some are simply more fortunate than others. To be honest, the best Christmas present I got this year was to be able to have an after-Christmas feast with my extended family. It's not often we get to do that.

Jan. 2, 2002, 08:23 PM
A horse!!! Actually, a 14.1 3/4 reg. red and white paint now named Candy (Cane) who is going to be my next "project" until the spring when I start back on the huge/3yrold/withbigopenknees. She's very sweet, and needs a little retraining as she was abused. Oh yeah, she will turn 8 on May 5 (my birthday too!).

Here's the picture from her registration papers. I'll get more done soon.

You have to be smarter than the horse, and since that will never happen, pretend you are.

Starmite
Jan. 3, 2002, 07:04 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ~Southern Comfort~:

I live in the big brown house on the hill! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I also leased Tiger for awhile when I rode w/ Karen. I also leased Wally and some other horse. That was probably 3 years ago.. /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif We built a barn and a ring at my house, and I keep my horse at home and trailer up to Sunny's for lessons now! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~Sarah~[/QUOTE

That's so weird that we used to ride w/ the same trainers and we even leased the same horse! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif My friends and I used to ride along the border of Karen's property over by your house all the time /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif BTW, are you showing in Mississippi or Florida in Feb/March?
~M

~SC~
Jan. 3, 2002, 11:53 AM

That's so weird that we used to ride w/ the same trainers and we even leased the same horse! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif My friends and I used to ride along the border of Karen's property over by your house all the time /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif BTW, are you showing in Mississippi or Florida in Feb/March?
~M<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know! That is really strange?? What's your name?? I don't think you told me before. I'm doing the first week of Jacksonville and weeks I, II, IV, and V of Ocala. Marist is soo awful about letting me miss for shows! /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Last year I had to reschedule a RELIGION exam for Ocala, and they had an absolute cow!! ggrr R U going to FL at all??

~Sarah~

Starmite
Jan. 3, 2002, 12:15 PM

I know! That is really strange?? What's your name?? I don't think you told me before. I'm doing the first week of Jacksonville and weeks I, II, IV, and V of Ocala. Marist is soo awful about letting me miss for shows! /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Last year I had to reschedule a RELIGION exam for Ocala, and they had an absolute cow!! ggrr R U going to FL at all??

~Sarah~<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My name is Mary-Pat Jones. I was supposed to go to Mississippi but now it looks like I'm going to show in FL. (I'm not really sure cuz noone ever tells me anything anymore!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif) But everyone else that's goin to FL at my barn is missing a week and a day of school for it. How do u get permission to do that @ Marist? Do I hafta ask Mr. Trapani or somethin? /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif Last year I did Mississippi but I didn't miss a whole week....just like Wed.-Fri.
~M

LJD
Jan. 3, 2002, 01:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bennet&Bailey:
What's Demeter!?!?!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Demeter makes perfume. Really good, organic stuff. My favorite is Honey or Altoids. They have a tomato perfume. Is your's Demeter?

*Pony Rock*

~SC~
Jan. 3, 2002, 01:54 PM
My name is Mary-Pat Jones. I was supposed to go to Mississippi but now it looks like I'm going to show in FL. (I'm not really sure cuz noone ever tells me anything anymore!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif) But everyone else that's goin to FL at my barn is missing a week and a day of school for it. How do u get permission to do that @ Marist? Do I hafta ask Mr. Trapani or somethin? /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif Last year I did Mississippi but I didn't miss a whole week....just like Wed.-Fri.
~M<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you go to CKS, by any chance??

We did MS and FL last year, but Gulfport was freezing cold and rainy so I think we're skipping that this year! Last year I only showed during the last part of Ocala, when we had Spring break, so I jsut rescheduled that one exam. For MS, I missed 3 Fridays, and my mom just called me in sick! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I'll prolly only miss Fridays this year too, although it doesn't really matter since I'm a senior. Marist said they would give me 3 days a YEAR for horse shows, which is BS. So i either use my college days or call in sick! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~Sarah~

Starmite
Jan. 3, 2002, 02:56 PM
Did you go to CKS, by any chance??

We did MS and FL last year, but Gulfport was freezing cold and rainy so I think we're skipping that this year! Last year I only showed during the last part of Ocala, when we had Spring break, so I jsut rescheduled that one exam. For MS, I missed 3 Fridays, and my mom just called me in sick! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I'll prolly only miss Fridays this year too, although it doesn't really matter since I'm a senior. Marist said they would give me 3 days a YEAR for horse shows, which is BS. So i either use my college days or call in sick! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~Sarah~<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I went to CKS, but I didn't graduate cuz I went to Marist in 7th grade. Did you go there?

3DAYS A YEAR????? That's enough for like one show!!! I've already missed like 4 days this year for shows. I'm just gonna tell em that I have to go outta town to visit a great-grandma or something! That makes me mad /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif Well at least I don't need to reschedual any exams. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Yeah when I was at Mississippi last year it was cloudy the whole time, but I had a lot of fun there cuz it was MardiGras weekend /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
~M

Halo Effect
Jan. 3, 2002, 02:58 PM
hmmmmmmm maybe... it came in a glass bottle w/ white labels and the tomato sticker was red, hahaha I bet that helped alot, it smells good just REALLY REALLY strong!

Catherine
Why does Ryan hate my user name?!?!
AW Damn let's have a tea party for crying out loud!! Let's get along!

Megan Story
Jan. 4, 2002, 07:43 AM
From my dad:
Custom Chaps
a new pony that we are leasing for a year so I can go to pony finals! I luv her!!
a bunch of clothes from a+f
new stirrup irons (which I desperately needed!!!)
a new pony bridle
a new helmet
lucky brand perfume
some little make up stuff that I picked up and he put in my stocking hehe

From my mom:
a new jean jacket
a pair of really cute like all sparkly jeans
a pair of jeans from express
a couple shirts from a+f
these really cute sparkly shoe laces
these really cute pink Pjs!!!! (pink is my fave color!!)
a bunch of make up

Other People:
$85 in cash
$25 gift certificate to PacSun
4 hoodies (which I really wanted so whataya know, I got 4!! lol)
A set of 3 thingy from victoria's secret (shower gel, body mist, & lotion) in strawberries & champagne
a mini lotion set thingy from victoria's secret w/ 5 diff sents

~SC~
Jan. 4, 2002, 10:27 AM
Yeah I went to CKS, but I didn't graduate cuz I went to Marist in 7th grade. Did you go there?

3DAYS A YEAR????? That's enough for like one show!!! I've already missed like 4 days this year for shows. I'm just gonna tell em that I have to go outta town to visit a great-grandma or something! That makes me mad /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif Well at least I don't need to reschedual any exams. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Yeah when I was at Mississippi last year it was cloudy the whole time, but I had a lot of fun there cuz it was MardiGras weekend /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
~M<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went to CKS too, but I also went to Marist in 7th grade! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif The school must think all of my relatives are sick or dying b/c I'm always like "It's an emergency! I have to leave b/c my grandmother is sick!" or something like that! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif hehe If you tell them that you're trying to apply for a riding scholarship, since riding is a varsity sport at alot of schools, they have to let you miss school! I cna't use that excuse since I'm not applying for a scholarship, but someone else could! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif A girl in my grade who plays squash did that so she could miss like 2 weeks at a time to go to Europe and compete! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~Sarah~

Starmite
Jan. 4, 2002, 12:40 PM

I went to CKS too, but I also went to Marist in 7th grade! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif The school must think all of my relatives are sick or dying b/c I'm always like "It's an emergency! I have to leave b/c my grandmother is sick!" or something like that! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif hehe If you tell them that you're trying to apply for a riding scholarship, since riding is a varsity sport at alot of schools, they have to let you miss school! I cna't use that excuse since I'm not applying for a scholarship, but someone else could! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif A girl in my grade who plays squash did that so she could miss like 2 weeks at a time to go to Europe and compete! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~Sarah~<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wanna use that excuse! But do u think I should wait until I'm a junior or will they take me seriously now? That'd be awesome /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Are you trailering back in forth from Ocala or are you sending your horse for the whole time?
~M

Halo Effect
Jan. 4, 2002, 12:46 PM
Southern Comfort: what is squash??

Catherine

Erin
Jan. 4, 2002, 12:54 PM
Starmite and Southern Comfort... email please? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Lavender Menace
Jan. 4, 2002, 01:58 PM
I love Demeter! I'd be willing to bet the Tomato one you got is from them... I've smelled it in the store. It REALLY smells like tomato, not sure I'd want to wear it though. I have the Ginger Ale one, and the Honey one. There are some really weird ones-- like Pruning Shears, and Dirt, and Snow. THey should make one called "Horse Barn"... leather, horse sweat, fly spray and hay! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Blue Devil
Jan. 4, 2002, 02:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KatyO:
I love Demeter! I'd be willing to bet the Tomato one you got is from them... I've smelled it in the store. It REALLY smells like tomato, not sure I'd want to wear it though. I have the Ginger Ale one, and the Honey one. There are some really weird ones-- like Pruning Shears, and Dirt, and Snow. THey should make one called "Horse Barn"... leather, horse sweat, fly spray and hay! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The horsey one would be good for the new (or is it "OLD" now?) equestrian fashion phase. Or maybe they'd get one whiff and decide to pawn their Ralph Lauren plaid saddle along with everything else.

**~~Emily~~** proud
member of the junior clique!
Emily@catchride.com

Halo Effect
Jan. 4, 2002, 07:04 PM
haha Katy O: Yea it probably is... It smells good but it's just REALLY REALLY strong!! They so should make an equestrian one... oooooooo the smell of leather!!!!!

Catherine

~SC~
Jan. 4, 2002, 08:13 PM
Southern Comfort: what is squash??

Catherine
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Squash is a cross b/t raquetball and tennis. You play it in an enclosed glass court w/ a small racket and a "dead" ball. It's big in the NE. I don't really get it! LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

~Sarah~