PDA

View Full Version : Why do all of our topics turn to underwear?

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 14, 2000, 02:35 PM
OK, granted, the Panty Line thread was specifically about underwear, or lack thereof, but has anyone else noticed that no matter what we start off talking about lately, turns into a discussion about jock straps or underwear?

Is there something wrong with us? Should I bring this up in therapy the next time I go, but Kennett Square skips it? Is it because Colin is back? Is it because we're depraved? Or maybe it's just a change in the weather?

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 14, 2000, 02:35 PM
OK, granted, the Panty Line thread was specifically about underwear, or lack thereof, but has anyone else noticed that no matter what we start off talking about lately, turns into a discussion about jock straps or underwear?

Is there something wrong with us? Should I bring this up in therapy the next time I go, but Kennett Square skips it? Is it because Colin is back? Is it because we're depraved? Or maybe it's just a change in the weather?

Retrophish
Nov. 14, 2000, 02:39 PM
I dont see anything wrong with undergarment discussions.

After all Calvin Klein has focused his career on this and is doing quite well.

Tin
Nov. 14, 2000, 02:44 PM
Darned fads! I just bought a pair of $200 underwear so I could match with all the other riders on the circuit and now I find out that the new fad is $300 underwear, well back to the tack store....! LOL! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 14, 2000, 02:50 PM
Tin - You must've gotten the Van Teal thongs, only to find that the Serengeti thong/harness ones were the new rage. You really must keep up with these threads to know what to buy.

VTrider
Nov. 14, 2000, 02:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Retrophish:
After all Calvin Klein has focused his career on this and is doing quite well. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It made Marky Mark a star too!!!

Van Teal
Nov. 14, 2000, 02:52 PM
Oh, so that's what the left over ribbon is for....

L Scott
Nov. 14, 2000, 02:56 PM
Well, I can only assume that our conversations always turn to underwear or jock straps because (on the whole) we all wear them.

Up hear in the great white north toques get the same kind of attention. It is an all encompassing obsession. Most Canucks I know have a varied and colourful(note spelling is correct) ensemble of hats and scarves.

Quinn
Nov. 14, 2000, 03:00 PM
Please allow me to elaborate!!!!!!!

For all of our beautiful Schumacher (no, I don't like TS) Marigold, GP, Emerson (yes, I truly love my boots) etc., the entire picture is lost when a da*ned pantyline interferes. No matter how elegantly shaped you are, you cannot tame your butt cheeks to stay put within the confines of your undies. My quest is for the perfect pair. One which don't have a waist above my breeches and one which won't embarass the pants off me (no pun intended,) if I am in a car accident and a George Clooney lookalike ends up being my Doctor. I have had some excellent suggestions thus far, excluding of course the idea of wearing a slingshot. Sorry, I think it has been referred to as a thong.

Anyway, this is a serious thread! Allow it some dignity.

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 14, 2000, 03:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quinn:

Anyway, this is a serious thread! Allow it some dignity.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my! Who knew the seriousness of the issue. From now on, I am taking every one of my slingshots very, very seriously and thanking the nice man (because I know a man had to have designed them) that invented them so that I may wake up on any given day, pull on my breeches or my python pants and not have panty lines. All the while, maintaining my dignity. http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Spunky
Nov. 14, 2000, 03:34 PM
Depravity!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VTrider
Nov. 14, 2000, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:
From now on, I am taking every one of my slingshots very, very seriously <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't have my wonderful man if I hadn't been wearing my slingshots with my Rockies (For non-cowboy people - Rockies are a brand of jeans that make you look 2 sizes smaller than you are!). Granny panties with pocket-less pants...I think not...not a good way to pick up men!!

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 14, 2000, 03:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
I think not...not a good way to pick up men!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the inevitable question would be: what is a good way to pick up men? Waiting with bated breath on this one ... can you tell I'm still bitter over the whole trainer-snatching ordeal? LOL!!!

[This message has been edited by BlueGooPonyShampoo (edited 11-14-2000).]

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 14, 2000, 03:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
Rockies are a brand of jeans <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you ride in these things like Wranglers? You know, do they have the seam? I'm nursing a recent jean-rub. Didn't have my little rider's leggings that day. INFACT I got the jean rub in Williamston!

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 14, 2000, 03:44 PM
OUCH!!! Just the thought of Williamston gives me jean-rub sympathy pains!!!

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 14, 2000, 03:50 PM
We haven't even touched on brassiers or trusses so this thread is still within decent boundaries.

There is a reason I carriage drive and look forward to showing on the line. My undergarments must be purchased by the yard and that super duty elastic is expensive!

Paige
Nov. 14, 2000, 03:58 PM
Underwear??? I have been noticing a much higher incidence of disscussion on cowboys!

VTrider
Nov. 14, 2000, 04:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:
Can you ride in these things like Wranglers?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, if you rode Western, that would be fine, but they look dorky on Hunter riders b/c of the fact they have no rear pockets. They look bad under chaps. Plus, in order to be "in style" in aggie-world, you need to get the jeans long enough to "stack" over your boots. Most people I know, including myself, get a 36" inseam. So Rockies would be toolong to ride in. I guess Wranglers are fine for hunter people to wear. I personally leave my Rockies for cattle showing and when I go out on the town with the honey. I don't do wranglers b/c they make my hind quarters look rather large!! I love Old Navy jeans to ride in...How we get off the topic of horses so easily. I bet Erin is about to pull her hair out... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AHC
Nov. 14, 2000, 04:03 PM
There's a question.... what kind of underwear do the cowboys wear?

Not a thong-wearer myself, although from the sounds of it, maybe I should become one -- although I still can't imagine wearing them when I ride.

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 14, 2000, 04:08 PM
Do cowboys wear under-garments at all? Inquiring minds ....

VTrider
Nov. 14, 2000, 04:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AHC:
There's a question.... what kind of underwear do the cowboys wear?

Not a thong-wearer myself, although from the sounds of it, maybe I should become one -- although I still can't imagine wearing them when I ride.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually foxhunted in a pair of thongs one time...no problem.

My cattle-man (can't call him a cowboy b/c he isn't in Montana rounding up cattle on the prairies or anything. Big difference b/t cowboys and cattlemen but that is a whole nother thread) wears tighty whites all the time under his Wranglers...that, mixed with the large amounts of Mt. Dew he drinks = no kids for us!!!

[This message has been edited by VTrider (edited 11-14-2000).]

AHC
Nov. 14, 2000, 04:16 PM
VT, the tighty-whities, no kids thing makes me think of one of the funniest Seinfeld lines ever when Kramer fears a low sperm count, stops wearing briefs, doesn't like boxers and then goes without.

He says to Jerry and Elaine, "I'm out there, I'm free and I'm lovin' it" and Elaine says with horror, "The only thing standing between him and us is a thin layer of gaberdine."

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 14, 2000, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlueGooPonyShampoo:
Do cowboys wear under-garments at all? Inquiring minds ....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, my pseudo cowboy doesn't wear them for everyday (which actually grosses me out) but I know he did when we went on our little trail ride.

The other thing is, one time, I was in this Western wear shop and I saw these thick, practically thigh-high socks on the rack. I'm sure they are designed to keep western riders from getting jean-rubs. Therefore, I don't want to hear anything from my Wrangler-wearing friends about how western people don't get rubs. They made socks for those who do. I just had a personal giggle imagining some guy wearing them though.

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 14, 2000, 04:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paige:
Underwear??? I have been noticing a much higher incidence of disscussion on cowboys!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paige, you're right and I think that has to do with the change of weather. Everyone is looking for a man to snuggle up with for the winter. Cowboys seem to have some sort of an appeal these days...

Spunky
Nov. 14, 2000, 04:34 PM
Well, my pseudo cowboy doesn't wear them for everyday (which actually grosses me out) but I know he did when we went on our little trail ride.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And, pray tell, how did you find that out? http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif

WHOA!
Nov. 14, 2000, 04:39 PM
Paige, you're right and I think that has to do with the change of weather. Everyone is looking for a man to snuggle up with for the winter. Cowboys seem to have some sort of an appeal these days...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's funny that this particular combination of topics came up, because I remember, in my first year of college, noticing with horror that some of the "cowboys" in wranglers also had visible "panty" lines. NOT a good thing on a guy. I'm not sure I've recovered from that traumatic incident. They wear em tight, so they need to discuss underwear etiquette.

kNd
Nov. 14, 2000, 04:40 PM
This reminds me of my old trainer....he DIDN'T wear underwear EVER...and he would always ride in jeans and chaps.

Mazzy
Nov. 14, 2000, 04:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kNd:
This reminds me of my old trainer....he DIDN'T wear underwear EVER...and he would always ride in jeans and chaps. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So that's who they based "There's Something About Mary" on....always wondered who the poor sucker was!

Mazzy
Nov. 14, 2000, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quinn:
Please allow me to elaborate!!!!!!!

For all of our beautiful Schumacher (no, I don't like TS) Marigold, GP, Emerson (yes, I truly love my boots) etc., the entire picture is lost when a da*ned pantyline interferes. No matter how elegantly shaped you are, you cannot tame your butt cheeks to stay put within the confines of your undies. My quest is for the perfect pair. One which don't have a waist above my breeches and one which won't embarass the pants off me (no pun intended,) if I am in a car accident and a George Clooney lookalike ends up being my Doctor. I have had some excellent suggestions thus far, excluding of course the idea of wearing a slingshot. Sorry, I think it has been referred to as a thong.

Anyway, this is a serious thread! Allow it some dignity.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers to Quinn who managed to encompass all threads of the last week in one round-up posting, George C., underwear, butt cheeks and name brands. I'm proud to be a touque wearing Canadian bagel-eating New Yorker, but even prouder to be a card carrying member of this underwear discussion group that continues to share such personal experiences with free abandon!!

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 14, 2000, 05:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spunky:
And, pray tell, how did you find that out? http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

UPDATE: I have my psuedo cowboy on the phone. First off, he said he didn't wear underwear when we went on the trail ride. And he enjoys telling me often when he isn't wearing underwear. I actually only like to hear when he does wear them.

AHC
Nov. 14, 2000, 05:09 PM
Anyplace, several years ago I dated an event rider from California who looked like a cowboy -- actually he looked like the Marlboro Man -- and he didn't wear underwear very often either. He too liked to tell me about this.

I'm pretty open-minded, but Levi's with no underwear just seems like it wouldn't be all that comfortable for a man when he's not riding, let alone for when he's on a horse!

[This message has been edited by AHC (edited 11-14-2000).]

Wicky
Nov. 14, 2000, 05:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I wouldn't have my wonderful man if I hadn't been wearing my slingshots with my Rockies (For non-cowboy people - Rockies are a brand of jeans that make you look 2 sizes smaller than you are!).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, pray tell, VTRider, where can I get a pair of these mythical jeans??? How much do I have to pay you for your most dear secret?

Anything....

[This message has been edited by wicky (edited 11-14-2000).]

Jair
Nov. 14, 2000, 05:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AHC:
I'm pretty open-minded, but Levi's with no underwear just seems like it wouldn't be all that comfortable for a man when he's not riding, let alone for when he's on a horse!
(edited 11-14-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true AHC! Very true. I speak from experience /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Which leads me to believe that those "cowboys" are lying to you...

MAD
Nov. 14, 2000, 05:44 PM
They made socks for those who do. I just had a personal giggle imagining some guy wearing them though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just can't help asking, WHERE did he wear the socks???

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 14, 2000, 05:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAD:
Just can't help asking, WHERE did he wear the socks???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I didn't see anyone wearing them...but they appeared to be worn like thigh-highs...they came up over the knee and I would assume the purpose was to keep the man's legs from getting chafed. I darn near bought a pair myself..thought they could also double as part of a Britney Spears look.

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 14, 2000, 06:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paige:
Underwear??? I have been noticing a much higher incidence of disscussion on cowboys!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dearest Paige, COVER YOUR EYES! You are too sweet to be dragged down in this shameful way.

Nov. 14, 2000, 06:34 PM
I'm fairly new here, and have been lurking/laughing at this type of thread til tears came... Why aren't braziers considered underwear, and not a topic to be discussed?

Big jumper class--front hook bra unhooks---Trainer wonders why I start doing the "chicken dance" 1/2 way through the course...LOL

VA Cowboy
Nov. 14, 2000, 06:40 PM
Well, I didn't see anyone wearing them...but they appeared to be worn like thigh-highs...they came up over the knee and I would assume the purpose was to keep the man's legs from getting chafed. I darn near bought a pair myself..thought they could also double as part of a Britney Spears look.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

VA Cowboy
Nov. 14, 2000, 06:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VA Cowboy:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK Ladies...I'm back, you may remember AZ Cowboy?, Anyplace Farm's friend from the west. Well, I'm back in Virginia so put away the ascots and crank up the country music. Once again, real cowboys don't wear Levi's or underwear unless it's winter when they wear long johns.

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 14, 2000, 06:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaime Lynn:

Big jumper class--front hook bra unhooks---Trainer wonders why I start doing the "chicken dance" 1/2 way through the course...LOL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lucky you! That's like oops my girth broke! How about losing a strap and giving yourself a black eye? ROFL (But only in retrospect) Now I am getting an idea of why those vests under the really fitted jackets are soooooo important. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I am considering 100 mile/hour duct tape.

Nov. 14, 2000, 07:02 PM
Duct tape?!!! Hmmmm... ya got something there, have to use the pantyliners (with wings) to cover the "sensitive spots". Can ya use it insted of a "slingshot" too? I personally can't wear those (afraid they'll come out my nose), and would rather be found in the ER w/nothing than have to deal with the "wedgies"!!!! Never had the breeches split on me, but I'd still be more embarased having a thong on, than if I was "buff"!!!JMHO

Merry
Nov. 14, 2000, 07:30 PM
Okay, I'll ante up with the brassiere commentary: my lingerie drawer is slowly losing its hold on anything remotely resembling Victoria's Secret. My first step to the Other Side was buying a t-back Wonder Bra, so the shoulder straps didn't end up around my elbows in an equitation class. But then, I finally succumbed and bought --- a sports bra! The first one was white. Very utilitarian. But now, I have them in all colors. Yes, ala the U.S. womens soccer team, I've been known at summer shows out here to remove my riding shirt in the barn aisle and untack/wash my horse in my colored sports bra! I am woman, hear me roar! (And if I'm particularly sweaty and gross, see everyone turn their heads away in disgust).

baymare
Nov. 14, 2000, 07:35 PM
Top ten reasons for always returning to underwear as a topic:
#10 It is a subject close to every rider's ... uh, heart.

#9 It is easy to make cracks about thongs.

#8 A lot of people get rubbed the wrong way.

#7 There are a lot of cheeky people on this board.

#6 No sense mooning over other subjects.

#5 In the horse world, Derrieres are De riguer.

#4 The rider's rear is often prominently featured in equestrian photography.

#3 Sooner or later everyone in this business bottoms out.

#2 If the horse can have a "chafeless girth", then why can't the rider?

#1 You can't help but wonder.

DMK
Nov. 14, 2000, 09:18 PM
Baymare... quite simply... ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Mazzy
Nov. 14, 2000, 09:23 PM
Baymare......that was classic!! I now know who really write Dave Letterman's Top 10 lists. I'm not worthy to post on the same board.

WHOA!
Nov. 14, 2000, 09:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Everythingbutwings:
Lucky you! That's like oops my girth broke! How about losing a strap and giving yourself a black eye? ROFL (But only in retrospect) Now I am getting an idea of why those vests under the really fitted jackets are soooooo important. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I am considering 100 mile/hour duct tape. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm...Lucky YOU to have such problems. For all my TS, underwear issues, I really don't have the kind of assets that make bras of any kind a problem. Duct tape is totally out of the question. I could probly get away with bandaids in an emergency...

Regalmeans
Nov. 14, 2000, 10:54 PM
Ohmigod you guys are *such* a bad influence on me...hold on I think I was corrupted long before I met you fine people.....

has it occurred to you people that you all have like two track minds the first being the a....ahem Underwear/indecent one and the 2nd on being horses? hmm....what does that say about us?

Anyways did anyone else notice that the board got ALOT weirder when Colin reappeared? hm... anyone? But then again it's not like she's the only severly disturbed one here! (sorry Colin!) LOL

Sarah

[This message has been edited by Regalmeans (edited 11-14-2000).]

kNd
Nov. 14, 2000, 11:06 PM
HAHAHA Story time!

I was grooming for my friend at a show, and she forgot to bring a white bra for her light colored shirt ;X (She was wearing a black one) So she bought 3M Vetrap in the fashionable color of white and used that. Needless to say, it WORKED!

Paige
Nov. 14, 2000, 11:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Regalmeans:
Ohmigod you guys are *such* a bad influence on me...hold on I think I was corrupted long before I met you fine people.....

[This message has been edited by Regalmeans (edited 11-14-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh, I agree! they are contributing to the deliquency of minors....

B.G.M. heidi
Nov. 15, 2000, 12:19 AM
Talk always turns, invariably, eventually, to underwear because that's what girls talk about - in addition to their dissatisfactory body parts, their men or lack thereof, their jobs/kids/horses (the order depends on the assembled parties), and their underwear.
Reality is, this board is often like a slumber party of purportedly adult women who are very reminiscent of their 13-year-old selves at a slumber party. And that, BTW, is why this board is so much fun. Long live our 13 year old selves (without the acne)!!

mwalshe
Nov. 15, 2000, 05:31 AM
My best friend wore a thong to a show one time and made a huge deal out of telling us all that she had solved the panty line problem. After her second class though she went in the porta-potty and CUT it off with the braiding scissors /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Needless to say we all decided to stick with the panty lines...

VTrider
Nov. 15, 2000, 08:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlueGooPonyShampoo:
So the inevitable question would be: what is a good way to pick up men? Waiting with bated breath on this one ... can you tell I'm still bitter over the whole trainer-snatching ordeal? LOL!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BGPS - Has Babs packed up all her training tools yet...she is due in Richmond next week to assume her new position at Sea Rider Stables.

I must say the best way to pick up men is to play hard to get...I love doing that!!!

VTrider
Nov. 15, 2000, 08:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wicky:
Oh, pray tell, VTRider, where can I get a pair of these mythical jeans??? How much do I have to pay you for your most dear secret?[This message has been edited by wicky (edited 11-14-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
www.rods.com (http://www.rods.com) - go to jeans and look for Rockies or Lawmans...they are a little pricey - $40-50 - but well worth it.

VTrider
Nov. 15, 2000, 08:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WHOA!:
Duct tape is totally out of the question. I could probly get away with bandaids in an emergency...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHOA! Shall we tell them about my duct tape experiences at the banquet last year when I wore the strapless dress?!?!

Kennett Square
Nov. 15, 2000, 08:36 AM
Ms.VTrider,

Alas as much as I wish I could go to Richmond I can't. Many many years ago I did work in the Suburbs of Richmond. It was during my illicit youth and some of the childish things I did got me a life time ban from living in the area. I shall have to stay in Northern Va and just hope you all will come visit me....sigh.... to have to give up the Sea Rider position is devestating.

Well here is my sad underwear tale. I am a voluptous woman and one day decided that the lovely industrial brassiere I wore really wasn't as nice (read strong) as a sports bra. So I went out purchased the best quality item that was available. I wiggled into it and thought "oh my how perfect". When I rode I didn't really notice any difference. I then discovered the difference when I took it off....or should I say the three of us took it off! I had gotten sweaty and could not get it off without assistance. I then decided then and there not to continue wearing a sports bra. I can not afford an entourage of 3 to help me get undressed after riding. Very embarassing to ask for help to remove undergarments.

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 15, 2000, 09:10 AM
On one memorable holiday (Valentine's of all things!) Mr. Wings got thoughtful and purchased an array of undergarments for me.

He was quite devastated at the look I gave him as I pawed through the bag of slinky items and found nothing but one peice "pull on over the head" bras made of t-shirt quality material.

He exchanged them all for the equivalant value in super duty elastic ( from a dozen down to two! /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ).

Ever since I have received Godiva chocolates and been much happier.

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 15, 2000, 09:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VA Cowboy:
OK Ladies...I'm back, you may remember AZ Cowboy?, Anyplace Farm's friend from the west. Well, I'm back in Virginia so put away the ascots and crank up the country music. Once again, real cowboys don't wear Levi's or underwear unless it's winter when they wear long johns.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do I flame him or would someone else like to? VA Cowboy, my darling, sweet, precious little morsel of a man... Real cowboys might not wear underwear but I can also comfortably say that real horsepeople don't wear ascots either!!

Robbierox
Nov. 15, 2000, 09:43 AM
The REALLY FUNNY THING is (for all of you who wear the "thong") I guess you
all don't know this....butt (pardon the pun), er, well............I guess I
need to come right out and say this....
You all keep talking about this "no greater violation than the line".....did
you by any chance ever SEE your backsides in the mirror? Your "thongs"
CLEARLY show a line at the "crack of your dereire's" ladies! It is APPARENT to
ALL that you are INDEED wearing BUTT FLOSS! (roflmao). PARTICULARILY when
you are in a TWO POINT position when riding (which is why we calling it
"flossing"..) I MUST go find a tissue to wipe my tears of
laughter......damn, where is THAT box?

Colin
Nov. 15, 2000, 10:00 AM
Hey VA Cowboy! So....it's safe to assume no jock strap while roping either?? hehehe!

Glad to have you back on board (cute, eh?)...and good news about your relocation to Virginia! My favorite state! Guess I'm all alone in the west here, eh?

mizzwade
Nov. 15, 2000, 10:08 AM
Yes, I've heard about your work in the suburbs of Richmond, uh huh.............

Kennett Square
Nov. 15, 2000, 10:16 AM
MzzWade,

That was during my young carefree days when I was testing the waters....unlike certain people who are now just learning how to dance and not fall off their high heels....

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 15, 2000, 10:20 AM
BGPS - Has Babs packed up all her training tools yet...she is due in Richmond next week to assume her new position at Sea Rider Stables.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Kennett Square:
Ms.VTrider,

Alas as much as I wish I could go to Richmond I can't. Many many years ago I did work in the Suburbs of Richmond. It was during my illicit youth and some of the childish things I did got me a life time ban from living in the area. I shall have to stay in Northern Va and just hope you all will come visit me.... sigh.... to have to give up the Sea Rider position is devestating. [/Qoute]

HAH! Take that VTrider! We got her; you don't; nanny, nanny! http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif However, we are reasonable people up here. Should you and Sea Urchin agree to grace us with a visit we would (of course) roll out the red carpet, fluff up the feathered cape & spit-shine the tiara, and arrange for an ETBW banquet that would knock your thongs off (ooh, did I say that?)!!

[This message has been edited by BlueGooPonyShampoo (edited 11-15-2000).]

VTrider
Nov. 15, 2000, 10:28 AM

HAH! Take that VTrider! We got her; you don't; nanny, nanny!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's fine BGPS!!! http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/mad.gif

When PK is announced Champion in the Younger Adults and Champion in the Senior Citizen Adults (With myself and Sea Urchin respectively) at the VHSA Banquet next December...you and Kennett Square can say you knew us when...Sea Rider stables will provail!!! http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/eek.gif

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 15, 2000, 10:39 AM
Hmmm! Methinks Vtrider giveth in too readily ... mayhaps those Sea people have a little "twickery" up their ... nope, not gonna go there!

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 15, 2000, 10:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robbierox:
It is APPARENT to
ALL that you are INDEED wearing BUTT FLOSS! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Call me crazy but I'd still rather someone notice that I was wearing my thong because of a line instead of someone see lines that cut across my butt because I wasn't wearing one. One should have a nice smooth rear-end, the thong allows that...not something that makes you look like you've got fat rolls back there. And if you do have fat rolls back there, why magnify them?

I had a guy once say to me, when we were having a panty line discussion, "Yeah, but you know what is really cool? When you can tell that the panty line the girl has is from a thong."

I will also reiterate, at a horse show, given that it is primarily made up of women who wouldn't care or gay men who don't care (except our fashion-conscious Jair) and straight men who we don't want, who cares if they know you're wearing a thong!

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 15, 2000, 10:55 AM
One should have a nice smooth rear-end, the thong allows that...not something that makes you look like you've got fat rolls back there. And if you do have fat rolls back there, why magnify them?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

APF - Can't imagine why you're worried about fat rolls ... YOU'VE GOT NONE!!!

HuntJumpSC
Nov. 15, 2000, 10:56 AM
Plus, in order to be "in style" in aggie-world, you need to get the jeans long enough to "stack" over your boots. Most people I know, including myself, get a 36" inseam. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, goodie! Someone else knows about "stacking" their Wranglers! "High waters" are a no-no in the Western world~ Yes, I'll admit it~ I have a few pair of Wranglers hanging in the back of my closet: Starched with a crease down the front, 36" length (of course)and probably wayyy too small now...I cried when I gave the size 3's away to a toothpick friend of mine, now I'll probably have to do the same with the 5's.
/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif For those of you who didn't know~ I used to be a rider/performer at a place called Dixie Stampede, so we ALL used to dress like that...of course, after awhile, we all went back to wearing more "comfy" stuff~ sweats, breeches, leggings, whatever was clean~ *G* But, I DO still have my huge buckle & my hat! LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif SUZ

[This message has been edited by HuntJumpSC (edited 11-15-2000).]

Colin
Nov. 15, 2000, 10:56 AM
I will also reiterate, at a horse show, given that it is primarily made up of women who wouldn't care or gay men who don't care (except our fashion-conscious Jair) and straight men who we don't want, who cares if they know you're wearing a thong!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Anyplace...."straight men who we don't want".....Yipes! No wonder precious Sea Urchin is hiding!

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 15, 2000, 11:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:
Oh Anyplace...."straight men who we don't want".....Yipes! No wonder precious Sea Urchin is hiding!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's true! Give me the gay man! They are so much more fun. And the straight ones..face it, they are all picked over! We've all been through them already or the stories have circulated and we wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft. pole. And I understand Sea Urchin wants to know if I'm wearing a thong. I have nothing but... (pardon pun).

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 15, 2000, 11:02 AM
APF - Can't imagine why you're worried about fat rolls ... YOU'VE GOT NONE!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you, darling. I know that my day will come...

HuntJumpSC
Nov. 15, 2000, 11:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Merry:
I've been known at summer shows out here to remove my riding shirt in the barn aisle and untack/wash my horse in my colored sports bra! I am woman, hear me roar! (And if I'm particularly sweaty and gross, see everyone turn their heads away in disgust).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AMEN, sistah! Throw off that Van Teal & let 'em gawk away! My dear friend, Nat, has a pic of my in my TS's, & my sport's bra~ impatiently awaiting at the in-gate in 95 degree Charleston heat for all the back-to-backs & the trainers to quit bumping us to the end of the line. http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif Still trying to figure out how to snitch the negatives! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif SUZ

Jair
Nov. 15, 2000, 11:18 AM
Thanks Anyplace! We are more fun aren't we? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

(but I dare say not as useful for you gals!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

Hey Colin, how come you're ignoring me? /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif snif snif...

VTrider
Nov. 15, 2000, 11:18 AM
Hmmm! Methinks Vtrider giveth in too readily ... mayhaps those Sea people have a little "twickery" up their ... nope, not gonna go there!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's all in good funny /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I like to make soemthing out of nothing...I'm a big Seinfeld fan!!!! You are great BGPS!!

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 15, 2000, 11:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jair:

Hey Colin, how come you're ignoring me? /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif snif snif... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BECAUSE YOU'RE MINE NOW!!! MINE, ALL MINE!!! (said in 60's horror movie voice)

VTrider
Nov. 15, 2000, 11:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HuntJumpSC:
Yes, I'll admit it~ I have a few pair of Wranglers hanging in the back of my closet: Starched with a crease down the front, 36" length (of course)and probably wayyy too small now...
[This message has been edited by HuntJumpSC (edited 11-15-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SUZ - when I lived in Amarillo, I got my jeans starched at an amazing dry cleaners. Those things could stand by themselves. Even if I got my jeans starched "lightly" - I still had to use my fist to get the pants legs opened!!

AHC
Nov. 15, 2000, 11:27 AM
Just bought some new jeans last night after losing two pair to wear and tear in the butt and inseams from riding in the past week... Levi's 501s all the way for me. No thongs underneath, although all of this talk makes me curious...

Vt, maybe I'll try that starch thing... they'd take up less room in the closet if they stood by themselves.

Colin
Nov. 15, 2000, 11:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jair:
Hey Colin, how come you're ignoring me? /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif snif snif... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aw, precious Jair...I would never ignore you! Have actually been busy trying to get Moesha out of his happy/nice/sweet mode....but it's been difficult with Sea Urchin monitoring. Hummm....

What's new w/ you? Got any fish yet? Do you wear a jock strap when you ride?

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 15, 2000, 11:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:
Do you wear a jock strap when you ride?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This got us kicked off last time. We can chat thongs all day but Erin gets a little peeved when we mention jock straps.

Jair
Nov. 15, 2000, 11:44 AM
http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/eek.gif You guys are terrible!! LOL!

(and no, I don't wear one! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) They're not very comfortable IMO...

So, Anyplace, now that I'm yours what would you like to do first? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I hear Nordies is having a pre-christmas sale - lots of thongs I bet!

Colin
Nov. 15, 2000, 11:47 AM
This got us kicked off last time. We can chat thongs all day but Erin gets a little peeved when we mention jock straps.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's SEXIST! Underwear is underwear! Jock straps, thongs, bras, etc.

What's the difference between a sports bra and a jock strap???? The both serve essentially the same purpose, eh???

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 15, 2000, 11:50 AM
http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/eek.gif You guys are terrible!! LOL!

(and no, I don't wear one! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) They're not very comfortable IMO...

So, Anyplace, now that I'm yours what would you like to do first? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I hear Nordies is having a pre-christmas sale - lots of thongs I bet!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naughty, Naughty - or maybe Nice?!

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 15, 2000, 11:53 AM
It's all in good funny /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I like to make soemthing out of nothing...I'm a big Seinfeld fan!!!! You are great BGPS!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I LUV YA VT ... but you're not gettin' my Bud Light!!!!

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 15, 2000, 11:54 AM

So, Anyplace, now that I'm yours what would you like to do first? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I hear Nordies is having a pre-christmas sale - lots of thongs I bet!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Baby, I'm a Neiman's girl so we're going to have to make a run there. You know, their little cafe is fantastic so we'll have to start out there. As for the thongs, I have to admit, I get them from Frederick's of Hollywood because they are the only ones that make them with the scoop in the front instead of the granny type that come all the way up to your belly button. But you knew that, didn't you? Because you get their catalog...I just know it.

B.G.M. heidi
Nov. 15, 2000, 11:57 AM

Jair!! How quick you are to forget your betrothment to a certain Snow Queen from the North!! You have thawed me to the core.

I see that your arms lengthen daily like the edges of a festering table at the mere mention of APF's thonged posterior. Did you not know that I am in possession of a Holt Renfrew credit card? Methinks, no more gold leather Gucci thongs for you of the duplicitous heart.

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 15, 2000, 12:02 PM
OK OK OK!!! I cna't take it anymore ... up for air ... Breath Breath!!!

Spunky
Nov. 15, 2000, 12:02 PM
Can you believe that while we are having hte time of our lives over here in Under-Land, other people are calmly discussing the appropriate length of a bridle path? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

"It should be no longer than the measure of your thong from waistband to crotch. . . "

Jair
Nov. 15, 2000, 12:15 PM
Oh Heidi! Please don't take away my Holt Renfrew privilges! I had just found the perfect set of gold silk sheets to match my golden underwear and matching silver lamé tank top.

Anyplace, I'm listening... can I have some special Nieman Marcus cookies too if we go?

My dearest Colin, you seem to know and awful lot about underwear. I am beginning to become just a tad suspicious...

VA Cowboy
Nov. 15, 2000, 12:19 PM
Hey VA Cowboy! So....it's safe to assume no jock strap while roping either?? hehehe!

Glad to have you back on board (cute, eh?)...and good news about your relocation to Virginia! My favorite state! Guess I'm all alone in the west here, eh?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey there Colin...it's always nice to be back on board. First task is to get Anyplace Farm to a country bar, second task is to find some ropers in VA, guess I'll have to go for the AQHA types...not alot of PRCA (Professional Rodeo Cowboys Assc.) folks around here

valentine
Nov. 15, 2000, 12:20 PM
While we are on the subject of body parts, I had a lesson in equestrian anatomy from a German trainer. Before they came to the US, they were together in Germany. She had all of the money ( and I mean a LOT of money) while the husband to be, although well educated, was short of funds and had to cut corners on horse purchases.

He bought some horrible mare (and they do have them in Germany) and approached a famous German trainer (now deceased) for help in training this creature. Without hesitation, the trainer looked him straight in the eye and responded, as only a German can "My behind is too expensive."

These valuable parts of our anatomy must be properly clothed and cared for!

I am going out tomorrow to buy and try some thongs, just to learn what you are all talking about.

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 15, 2000, 12:30 PM

Anyplace, I'm listening... can I have some special Nieman Marcus cookies too if we go?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hold on, honey...I've got to keep my eye on Colin and VA Cowboy. She will steal him from me if I'm not careful.

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 15, 2000, 12:32 PM

First task is to get Anyplace Farm to a country bar
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honey, you know I'm all yours...Anyplace

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 15, 2000, 12:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by valentine:
While we are on the subject of body parts, I had a lesson in equestrian anatomy from a German trainer. Before they came to the US, they were together in Germany. She had all of the money ( and I mean a LOT of money) while the husband to be, although well educated, was short of funds and had to cut corners on horse purchases.

He bought some horrible mare (and they do have them in Germany) and approached a famous German trainer (now deceased) for help in training this creature. Without hesitation, the trainer looked him straight in the eye and responded, as only a German can "My behind is too expensive."

These valuable parts of our anatomy must be properly clothed and cared for!

I am going out tomorrow to buy and try some thongs, just to learn what you are all talking about. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can we all please applaud Valentine for so artfully incorporating the mention of a horse in our thread? Very, very good!

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 15, 2000, 12:39 PM
Well c'mon, APF!!!! How goes the cowboy round-up???? Inquiring minds ....

Kennett Square
Nov. 15, 2000, 12:42 PM
Ms.APF,

I am stricken, you tramp! Taking my Jair away...But wait this is looking like a familiar scene to us. Here goes:

International rider (not from PR), treats one women very badly, uses her and spends her money. Meanwhile in the background other girl sees the poor treatment and still makes a play for him....remember the ending. He will use you and spend your money and move on to the next Daphne!!!

I don't blame you Ms.APF, he is a charmer and a fine looking man to boot. But beware! Hey is the VA Cowboy available? I do know other ropers that I could introduce him to once we are properly introduced....<WEG>

VTrider
Nov. 15, 2000, 12:44 PM
second task is to find some ropers in VA, guess I'll have to go for the AQHA types...not alot of PRCA (Professional Rodeo Cowboys Assc.) folks around here<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My dad ropes (header) and is in Clarke County, Virginia (near Middleburg)...if you are a real person and not someone's alter ego...I can hook you up with a bunch of ropers in VA...email me... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Colin
Nov. 15, 2000, 01:02 PM
Look here, Anyplace....you're the one that pushed VA Cowboy on me in the first place!

Sending me his picture

Sending me his telephone number

You WORKED IT, baby! hehehe!

Fear not - you have "location, location, location " over me!

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 15, 2000, 01:11 PM
Yeow!!!!! Girl fight: Hissssssss!

B.G.M. heidi
Nov. 15, 2000, 01:14 PM

Fear not - you have "location, location, location " over me!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to mention an enviable collection of thongs Colin.

AHC
Nov. 15, 2000, 01:17 PM
Actually, Colin, VA Cowboy is slowly working his was east and then north, heading in my direction! I've got cowboy friends for him too -- my farrier is into roping, cutting, etc. when he's not shoeing horses...

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 15, 2000, 01:36 PM
[QUOTE]First task is to get Anyplace Farm to a country bar<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're workin' on that ... VA Cowboy, you gotta show up too. Gotta tell ya, APF is a hottie you shouldn't pass up ...

Canter
Nov. 15, 2000, 01:43 PM
Aha, this is where all the fun people are hiding today.

Thanks for the laffs. I needed to read these posts!

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 15, 2000, 02:20 PM
OK, first off...I've been away for a bit, actually WORKING.

Secondly, Colin..I will scratch your eyes out. First, I was just being nice, now, it's war. I will snap the waist band of your thong onto your beer belly and make you cry.

VTRider - baby, you gotta hook me up with some ropin' people for him. He's all whiney up here. He wants to buy a horse too and I ran a search and came up with a few. He's not 'roping' solidly yet but has had some great instruction so he'll need some hook ups.

KS - you too, honey.. hook us up and since I like you better than Colin, I will share him with you.

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 15, 2000, 02:25 PM

KS - you too, honey.. hook us up and since I like you better than Colin, I will share him with you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you know Jair is scoping out Zamboni jockeys for KS? He is doing his best to worm his way back into her graces (and he knows all her little weakness' /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 15, 2000, 02:28 PM
This made me laugh hard...this was sent to my AOL address. Clearly, this person hasn't read my thong thread...or anything else I post. Did you guys get this too?

Dear anyplacefarm

Your opinions in the forum of the Chronicle of the Horse online site caught
my attention.
As associate editor of im-ur, I have been scouring the forums of online
newspapers for intelligent and active contributors like you.
I would like to invite you to express your comments and opinions at im-ur,
a site that is quickly on its way to becoming "The Daily Newspaper of the
Web."

im-ur has revolutionized the concept of the media on the web by creating
a newspaper that is written by its users. The New York Times wrote,
"Few challenge the status quo as much as im-ur.com."
im-ur represents the ultimate in freedom of speech and democracy.
What you write appears immediately in the pages of im-ur, as soon as you
post it.
The readers decide the hierarchy of articles contributed; the more an
article is read, the closer it gets to the front page. It's that simple.

Incidentally, we are giving away $500 every month to the person whose
article attracts the most readers.

We look forward to your contribution.
http://www.im-ur.com

Sincerely yours,

Troy Turner
Associate Editor, IM-UR

Colin
Nov. 15, 2000, 02:28 PM
KS - you too, honey.. hook us up and since I like you better than Colin, I will share him with you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyplace....how could you???? The times we have shared! All that we have been through???? Choosing KS over ME???? It's can't be true!

Just think - if you share VA Cowboy with ME instead of KS he will be much happier - after a visit to "roping central" here in Utah - "cow galore" - he will be much more relaxed and enjoyable for YOU!

Remember....I have the "Cowboy B&B opening soon!"

Kennett Square
Nov. 15, 2000, 02:44 PM
Oh my God, Ms.APF is really Marie Shriver in disguise!! I think you should submit your thong thread as a sampling of the work you do. I really don't think it has anything to do with your writing at all, I think he saw the pic of you and me with the tiara and is trying to brainwash you into absconding it from me and holding it for ransom. Conquer and divide. Men try it all the time. Stick with me Ms.APF we shall prevail!

What will they be asking for from you next... Runway thong modeling... only if the money is GREAT! Though you would look Fabu on the runway working a lovely see thru jungle print!

[This message has been edited by Kennett Square (edited 11-15-2000).]

B.G.M. heidi
Nov. 15, 2000, 02:49 PM
APF, think of the 'invitation' as your opportunity to live the life of a character from "Sex and the City'. Except in your case, you'd be sitting in the hay loft, albeit in a thong, typing away, entertaining the unsuspecting masses with the trials and tribulations of life as a single equestrienne. Perhaps you can cast KS, Colin and BGPS in supporting roles with an intermittment appearance by Jair, aka Mr.-Sorta-Big /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 15, 2000, 03:00 PM
Heidi- that really is a great idea... Hmmm. I'm going to get BGPS to help me with my own web page.

Spunky
Nov. 15, 2000, 03:06 PM
This made me laugh hard...this was sent to my AOL address. Clearly, this person hasn't read my thong thread...or anything else I post. Did you guys get this too?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
ROFL . . . APF, it does make you wonder what threads the poor chump has been reading! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif: I got one of those too, and figure they've been emailing madly to anyone who subscribes to a bulletin board!

Jair
Nov. 15, 2000, 03:10 PM
Too funny Heidi! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

My dear KS! Pourquoi vous ne parlez pas avec moi ajourd'hui? Ne savez-vous pas que vous serez toujours ma femme de favori?

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 15, 2000, 03:15 PM
Wow. I must say, my french all just came back to me. Jair, where did you post a message to me, darling, that I didn't respond to? Hmm?

Listen, you and I are going on our little shopping fete soon and a good time will be had by all. I have some very special shopping connections that I will let you in on...

AHC
Nov. 15, 2000, 03:24 PM
Feeling pretty left out not to have received an email from im-ur yet /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 15, 2000, 03:29 PM
Feeling pretty left out not to have received an email from im-ur yet /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something tells me that you just might be getting one.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif There...now doesn't that feel better?

VA Cowboy
Nov. 15, 2000, 04:07 PM
Anybody know any good country bars in Northern VA? I got the fever for some boot-scootin'

DMK
Nov. 15, 2000, 04:12 PM
It's all in good funny /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I like to make soemthing out of nothing...I'm a big Seinfeld fan!!!! You are great BGPS!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, VD, er, VT, didn't you mean it was all in good fanny?

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 15, 2000, 04:41 PM
Anybody know any good country bars in Northern VA? I got the fever for some boot-scootin'

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did I not tell you I was taking you out? I'm working on it!!! Blue Goo is hooking us up with a band, I'm going to sing for you and I promise to wear my python pants (did in Nashville too) and then, I need to nibble on those earlobes (people, he is blushing right now).

Canter
Nov. 15, 2000, 05:46 PM
im-ur sounds suspiciously like a manufacturer of anatomically correct body parts that you'd find at stores named "Love Craft." Unless you're going to be paid in thongs, I'd stay the heck away. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyplace - python pants begs the eternal question, thong or au natural /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Canter
Nov. 15, 2000, 06:44 PM
Forgive me but I was compelled to copy this response off of heidi's "SWF" Thread.
Skip right down to rule #5

If you ever had any doubt, this is conclusive proof that all of our topics turn to underware. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jumpcrew:
Speaking as a straight guy who utilizes 2 all female barns, I often hear the ladies lament the inability to meet "good " men.

Rule 1-You won't meet men in USA and Canada at hunter-jumper shows. Try the steeplechase
circuit.or go foxhunting.Learn how to shoot.

Rule 2 Go where the men are--sailing clubs, military bases (no they are not all career guys-many are lawyers, doctors, engineers etc doing 2-3 years--Try the happy hour at Officer's Clubs), gyms, tennis courts, golf lessons, stock market seminars etc

Rule 3 don't take three goofy girlfriends with you when you go out

Rule 4- don't drag men to your barn to watch you ride, or to a local horse show, until the 50th date

Rule 5 Wear sleezy underware
Good Luck!

Mazzy
Nov. 15, 2000, 07:07 PM
Hey Canter....Can you add rule #6, "Don't move to NYC, largest single market in the world - I shoulda stayed up North in the Homeland.

Sorry, bitter post of a single I-banker. I'm leaving to drown my sorrows. Perhaps, the sense of humour shall return.

P.S. If Heidi is here: I'm chasing your last msg. Do you know my "Arch Man"...yet the aforementioned chestnut is Archie...Argentarius!! Are we having a Six Degree Separation moment. I do so want a new / old friend.

B.G.M. heidi
Nov. 15, 2000, 07:12 PM
MAZ, check your email. I've detailed yet another reason to return to the frigid mother ship - Canada. Tall, dutch, cute, a tad challenged in the hair follicle department. Do bet though he'd look great in a thong /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Reckoning
Nov. 15, 2000, 07:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Canter:
Forgive me but I was compelled to copy this response off of heidi's "SWF" Thread.
Skip right down to rule #5

If you ever had any doubt, this is conclusive proof that all of our topics turn to underware. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jumpcrew:
Speaking as a straight guy who utilizes 2 all female barns, I often hear the ladies lament the inability to meet "good " men.

Rule 1-You won't meet men in USA and Canada at hunter-jumper shows. Try the steeplechase
circuit.or go foxhunting.Learn how to shoot.

Rule 2 Go where the men are--sailing clubs, military bases (no they are not all career guys-many are lawyers, doctors, engineers etc doing 2-3 years--Try the happy hour at Officer's Clubs), gyms, tennis courts, golf lessons, stock market seminars etc

Rule 3 don't take three goofy girlfriends with you when you go out

Rule 4- don't drag men to your barn to watch you ride, or to a local horse show, until the 50th date

Rule 5 Wear sleezy underware
Good Luck!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the tips! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

L Scott
Nov. 15, 2000, 09:48 PM
Canter, did you follow those rules when you met and subsequently married Serge?

Canter
Nov. 16, 2000, 12:29 AM
LOL LCR - unfortunately Jumpcrew's words of wisdom had not been published for me to access, hence my newfound diligence in saving those poor singles like MAZ from a life of non-horsey husbands who whine about board bills, show expenses and express jealousy over a horse.

MAD
Nov. 16, 2000, 05:23 AM
{{{What will they be asking for from you next... Runway thong modeling... only if the money is GREAT! Though you would look Fabu on the runway working a lovely see thru jungle print}}}

I feel like high school and wanting to get into the cool crowd...I've been reading and luking for months. My suggestion? Hold a "lucky buck". Remember them? Bareback, with a dollar under your knee, walk, trot, canter, jump - last one with the dollar takes all. But we'll change the rules for this one...everyone wears just a thong!

Erin can't be upset at the suggestion, I incorporated horses....isn't that the rule of the BB?

TeriKessler
Nov. 16, 2000, 08:08 AM
Wearing thong while training horses to jump: Results vary. Wearing thong while training husbands to jump, and fetch: EXTREMELY effective. (Atta boy! Go fetch the diamond necklace. Goooood boy! Go fetch the Amateur horse. Gooood boy!) And, like horses, they learn more through repetition than punishment. Um, although I've heard that some respond well to thong and punishment combined. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PS Don't try this wearing giant granny panties.

[This message has been edited by TeriKessler (edited 11-16-2000).]

AHC
Nov. 16, 2000, 10:40 AM
Teri, Thong and Punishment LOLOLOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Can't decide whether it should be the name of a new husband/boyfriend/man training manual, riding instruction manual or just a porno movie.

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 16, 2000, 10:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Canter:

Anyplace - python pants begs the eternal question, thong or au natural /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh...still the thong...

TeriKessler
Nov. 16, 2000, 04:17 PM
Teri, Thong and Punishment LOLOLOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Can't decide whether it should be the name of a new husband/boyfriend/man training manual, riding instruction manual or just a porno movie.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Would I be receiving royalties? You know how those training bills pile up... And would it actually be called "Teri, Thong and Punishment", or just "Thong and Punishment", because the latter might be derivitive of Dostoyevski, and then I'd probably have to send something to his estate...

Mazzy
Nov. 16, 2000, 04:53 PM
Teri...ROFL what a high brow post, now you're raising things! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Serious Question to the Knowledgeable: Why is a thong called a thong anyway?

Canter
Nov. 16, 2000, 05:06 PM
...silence...

Canter
Nov. 16, 2000, 05:09 PM
This certainly comes back to horses.

I believe it was named after the leather whip ... a wide strip of cowhide that the southwestern cowboys referred to as a thong.

I guess the widths are about the same.

Horses, whips, thongs, sex. See? 4 degrees of separation and much truth to Terri's theory of Thong and Punishment. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Canter (edited 11-16-2000).]

AHC
Nov. 16, 2000, 05:09 PM
Heavens no, you must keep all the $$$ for yourself and not share them with anyone's estate! Hm... Maybe "Teri's Guide to Thongs & Punishment....

B.G.M. heidi
Nov. 16, 2000, 05:12 PM
It's derived from the latin thongimnus waximaximus sadismus - literally translated in the current vernacular as 'don't wear one unless and until you've been to Helga at Bliss and are willing and able to compound the discomfort of a thong with the pain of a bikini wax'.

Mazzy
Nov. 16, 2000, 06:22 PM
Heidi, Canter....I'm trying to type while clearing the coffee out of my nose..but all I can say is "I'M PROUD TO BE CANADIAN".

Obviously, there is a reason why the "Beaver" is a nationally treasured animal in the great white North....ahem, sorry Erin, horses are much loved too, I mean consider our British roots and all. See its a horsey post.

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 16, 2000, 06:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TeriKessler:
Wearing thong while training husbands to jump, and fetch: EXTREMELY effective. (Atta boy! Go fetch the diamond necklace. Goooood boy! Go fetch the Amateur horse. Gooood boy!) And, like horses, they learn more through repetition than punishment

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I personally have tried the repetition part. Repetitious vet bills, now they get, unfortunately, his complete attention.

As for the diamonds, I am willing to trade gemstones for a yearling TB show bridle suitable for a finely built rose gray

TeriKessler
Nov. 16, 2000, 09:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAZ:
Teri...ROFL what a high brow post, now you're raising things! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Serious Question to the Knowledgeable: Why is a thong called a thong anyway? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> So glad you asked! The word "thong" is derived from the actual sound created when the too-small and therefore tightly strung http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif thong is liberated from it's gynocological resting place and then suddenly released. **thhOng** /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Nov. 16, 2000, 09:45 PM
Teri, you have proven yourself gross enough to be an honourary member of the Canadian clique. Our vice chair Canter will forward you the contract, written on a Tim Horton's coffee cup, Fedexed to you in an orange toque. I trust that you'll memorize the clique's pledge to the beaver. If you're having difficulties, contact MAZ as she's got it down cold /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

[This message has been edited by heidi (edited 11-16-2000).]

TeriKessler
Nov. 17, 2000, 12:55 AM
Cool! I'm so honored! All hail the mighty Beaver, and all that.

Say, when does my Mountie arrive? Before, after or bearing the orange toque regalia. And may I keep him? I've recently moved here, and since we have no pool, there is no robust young poolboy about.

PS This isn't a pyramid scam that involves hefty dues, is it? http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/eek.gif

TeriKessler
Nov. 17, 2000, 01:30 PM
Not to be impatient, but Fedex was just here with something from Dover, and there was no package from The Great North. I have evening plans for tonight and I planned my entire ensemble around that orange toque!

B.G.M. heidi
Nov. 17, 2000, 01:37 PM
Teri, simmer down for pete's sake - Canter is knitting yours as we speak. If you'd exercise some patience she may even find it in her heart to knit you a matching thong.

Mazzy
Nov. 17, 2000, 02:02 PM
Teri:

Which brings to mind the Sex in the City episode: "Why move to the suburbs unless you can &u@k a young gardner".

Unfortunately due to the recent election crisis, the Mounties are otherwise occupied guarding the longest undefended boarder in the World. Floods of Americans are trying to enter the Mother Country, dying to pay huge socialist taxes to support any Leader, even if he is a Quebecois Prime Minister.....or perhaps its the Molson Dry.....or its perhaps its Spruce Meadows or The Royal!!!

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 17, 2000, 02:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by heidi:
Teri, simmer down for pete's sake - Canter is knitting yours as we speak. If you'd exercise some patience she may even find it in her heart to knit you a matching thong. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not out of wool! http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/eek.gif

TeriKessler
Nov. 17, 2000, 06:33 PM
Amen!! The punishment part wasn't supposed to be directed at me!!!

Anyplace Farm
Feb. 12, 2001, 05:40 PM
Remember when all of our threads seemed to always turn to discussions about underwear? Those were the days, weren't they? Well, now, you don't even need to go to Time-Life books to enjoy relics from the past. Re-read a slice of history, right here on the COTH BB, all eight pages of it. Lose yourself in the topic of thongs or the generous waist-line of those big-momma undies. It's guaranteed to bring you hours of laughter. Take a walk down memory lane...

Go to the shadbelly thread to figure out why I bumped this up.