PDA

View Full Version : Mosby's

Good to go
Aug. 2, 2000, 11:20 AM
Ok, who's coming...who's bringing name tags, how large of a table to we need, what's the actually day, time? Is this not going to be the pre-party before we all hit the Shark club? Who's going to be the key one driver? I need answers....getting restless!! Need to warn Mosby's!!!

Good to go
Aug. 2, 2000, 11:20 AM
Ok, who's coming...who's bringing name tags, how large of a table to we need, what's the actually day, time? Is this not going to be the pre-party before we all hit the Shark club? Who's going to be the key one driver? I need answers....getting restless!! Need to warn Mosby's!!!

Colin
Aug. 2, 2000, 11:22 AM
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 22nd

Colin will bring nametags!

NO SHARK CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Colin (edited 08-02-2000).]

Good to go
Aug. 2, 2000, 11:36 AM
And we must hit the Shark Club afterwards...it's going to be a blast....should we be frightened?????

Inverness
Aug. 2, 2000, 11:49 AM
Count me in.

Good to go
Aug. 2, 2000, 02:11 PM
Colin, what do you mean no shark club...you don't seem to understand... I my dear can not thrive without my daily dose of the shark club...I'm way addicted. You must come..it will be quite the experience.....can't wait!!

Colin
Aug. 2, 2000, 02:15 PM
GTG -- I will make sure you get sufficiently hooked up at Mosbys so you won't need the shark club! But then again, a cab ride home from the Shark Club is probably a lot cheaper for you than a cab ride home from Mosbys!

Kennett Square
Aug. 2, 2000, 02:26 PM
Good friends, I for one am anxiously and eagerly awaiting the Mosby's Mixer. I think we will need to book the entire bar for Friday, Saturday and Bunch Sunday! We can go to the Shark Club for after hours and dance the soles of our boots off. YIPE, WOO WOO. Buy the plane ticket Colin. Or maybe we can cajole the Middleburg Yacht Club into letting us use their facility for our fine extravaganza.....

Good to go
Aug. 2, 2000, 05:11 PM
Colin......$3.50 cab ride home to be exact!!!....LOL! <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:
GTG -- I will make sure you get sufficiently hooked up at Mosbys so you won't need the shark club! But then again, a cab ride home from the Shark Club is probably a lot cheaper for you than a cab ride home from Mosbys!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MBS
Aug. 2, 2000, 05:34 PM
I am moving back to VA (if I get this job that I interviewed for a second time Yesterday) So maybe I could stop by. If I am invited.

Colin
Aug. 2, 2000, 06:38 PM
Of course you're invited, MB! BTW -- is your company hiring??? Whoever can find Colin a job in No. VA wins a special prize! GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harris
Aug. 2, 2000, 09:24 PM
Well Colin I hear they need a bar wench at Mosby's....the atmosphere is great, but you may drink all their profits....I also hear Journeyman has new position for someone to market their new line of vinyl half chaps....after your stint in Utah, you'd probably be great at that job, and Good to Go could help you out.

Colin
Aug. 2, 2000, 10:11 PM
Alright Harris, you weenie!! Bar wench, NOT! I am a perfectly respectable young lady...who has had her picture in the Chronicle for Champion at Tahoe! I think you should be much more respectable to me....after all...I did give birth to you, yes???

Kryswyn
Aug. 2, 2000, 10:14 PM
I'm there! Friday is great for me (terrier trials Sat & Sunday) Cannot wait to see everyone. This is too much fun! What time and should we all wear something a certain color so we can recognize each other? I can just see one of the newbies (like MOI) joining the Wrong Party, if Duffy, Inverness and Kennett Square are late arriving. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Harris
Aug. 2, 2000, 10:36 PM
Kryswynn, you crack me up...just look for Colin...she'll be the one in the half chaps, wranglers, and rodeo shirt...and of course the tractor cap....

Kryswyn
Aug. 2, 2000, 11:00 PM
Maybe we could all wear Mane Beads? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Dolce Vita
Aug. 3, 2000, 09:49 AM
Ahh! I wish I could come...Think you can sneak me in Colin /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif hehe We'll all have to go some place where Alex and I can come!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif heheh /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kryswyn
Aug. 3, 2000, 09:55 AM
Hats off, I know you can eat in Moseby's; you just can't Drink there or sit at the bar!

Retrophish
Aug. 3, 2000, 09:57 AM
Someone please invite Debbie59 so she doesnt feel so left out of this BB.

I hate it when everyones not having fun.

Colin
Aug. 3, 2000, 09:59 AM
Hey -- you guys can get into Mosbys....just sit at one of the booths and eat/drink sodas! As long as your parents don't mind you hanging out w/ a bunch a horse crazy drinkers! Actually, Alex's mom will have to come as well! I miss her!

Colin
Aug. 3, 2000, 10:21 AM
ANYPLACE FARM MUST ATTEND! A DEFINITE REQUIREMENT! I WILL BRING THE PROZAC, SEA URCHIN WILL BRING THE XANAX, AND WE CAN GET THE VODKA THERE!

Good to go
Aug. 3, 2000, 10:46 AM
Everybody from the BB is invited, think it will make for quite a fun time! Now I'm sure there are a few souls who may not want to be scene with us loons...but the rest of you can come and join the festivities!!!

Reckoning
Aug. 3, 2000, 11:01 AM
I would love to come and meet you all! But it's such a long trip. Maybe AHC will come with me and we can make the road trip after our summer camp reunion? Any other New Yorkers out there who want to meet Colin, Duffy, Jair, Finzean, Jed, Anyplace, Kennett Square, Inverness, and of course Moesha? Perhaps we could find a VW Bus and make the trip with the class and style required by such an important meeting? Complete with "Will work for tack" signs on all the windows? Bathroom stops at every Nordstroms between New York and Virginia?

Pewter
Aug. 3, 2000, 11:15 AM
Fellow Mosbyites.....rumor has it that Colin is trying to step down from her role as THE UNDISPUTED LEADER of this motley gathering - and after she organized it, no less.....hopefully this post will prompt sufficient outcry and outrage from her legion of fans, that she will have no choice but to attend and assume her rightful post as party hostess - as part of her duties, I think it would be a nice gesture if she picked up the tab for the first round of all drinks for everyone attending the M'bug Classic on Friday...

Good to go
Aug. 3, 2000, 11:16 AM
"Picking up the tab for the first round" sounds about right to me!!!

Anyplace Farm
Aug. 3, 2000, 11:20 AM
OK, I'm lurking. I admit it. I'm only doing it because it's part of my therapy. And, my engraved invitation is coming when? This whole night is scaring me already.

Aug. 3, 2000, 11:24 AM
Look up about 4 posts, Anyplace! Colin is BEGGING YOU to come!

Colin
Aug. 3, 2000, 11:26 AM
Who is going to make sure there are no trainers at our shin dig? That could be VERY VERY DANGEROUS!

Jair
Aug. 3, 2000, 11:28 AM
Hey Slugger! You bet I'll be there! Don't know about the transport though. Remember I'm way out here in the Pacific Northwest and driving all the way to VA in a VW would be a bit long!!! But, I think Moesha said something about sending his plane for me - maybe we can stop and pick you up at JFK?

But, we MUST stop at Nordies! AHC has promised to take me shopping, and Duffy is buying Chocolates for all! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Aug. 3, 2000, 11:36 AM
Geez- I feel left out /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
I may be a trainer, but I really do have fun !AND I won't tell if you don't!!!
I guess I am destined to dinners with the horseshow moms- again-Or counting flowers on the wall- Daggone purgatory!!

Colin
Aug. 3, 2000, 11:41 AM
Fear not, Cozmo! You can come! Kennett Square is a trainer, too, but she can come! We're only worried about the trainers of the posters....who may come to Mosby's with a shot gun ready to kill us all off for corrupting their clients!

Aug. 3, 2000, 11:43 AM
LOL- corruption? Never!!!!

Anyplace Farm
Aug. 3, 2000, 11:44 AM
I'm a trainer too, but harmless. I think Colin is just touchy about trainers that frequent Utah. I'm going to bring a horse I'm trying to sell, get Colin drunk and show him to her because she buys horses without vetting them. I'll have him parked at the school across the street and we can all go ride on their playing fields. I'll give pony rides to those that are too drunk to function and lessons to those that have crappy equitation. Then, I'll down another Prozac, chased by a Xanax and then ride my horse right through Middleburg and we can all sing Christmas carols, in an effort to reinact the annual Christmas parade.

Colin
Aug. 3, 2000, 11:49 AM
Anyplace -- I am howling! I can NOT WAIT to meet you! Not only do I never vet horses, I NEVER RIDE THEM before buying them! Just need to watch them go! LOL!

I have a feeling this Mosby's reunion will be quite the event! I will set up a booth at the main entrance to Mosby's, hand out nametags, and take photos! After 6 or so bud lights, I'll be dancing with Jair, sucking face with Jeb, and singing with Moesha!

AHC
Aug. 3, 2000, 11:51 AM
Slugger, I will email you about the possibility of a road trip. Colin and I have already been talking about it. Now I just have to get speedracer away from her husband and pets for a long weekend...

Jair, if you can make it to New York, slugger and I will save a seat in the car for you! Nordstrom's here we come... I'm heading right for the shoe department. Oh, I forgot, it's my horse who gets to wear expensive shoes these days!

Reckoning
Aug. 3, 2000, 11:56 AM
Jair, the plane sounds purrrrrfect! Manhatten has such great places to shop, perhaps we can leave it on the runway for a few hours and shop, shop, shop! Then fly on to VA. I'm sure Moesha will go for it, as long as we bring him gifts.

Kerswyn must bring a Jack Russell to play the part of baby Jesus in the subsequent reenactment of the Christmas parade. Should we all bring hot pants for our equitation lessons?

Reckoning
Aug. 3, 2000, 11:58 AM
An even better plan, AHC! I look forward to hearing from you! Oh and Jair- I get the front seat!!

Jair
Aug. 3, 2000, 12:05 PM
I hope you like 80's music Colin! Cause believe me after I pack a few cold ones back and hear disco, things get wild!!!!!

BTW, my brother-in-law is still considering coming, so all you girls make sure you're dressed to the nines!

The shoe department AHC? No way - I'm heading to the underwear - got find the perfect pair of garanimal boxers to wear under my vinyl chaps at Mosby's! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyplace Farm
Aug. 3, 2000, 12:13 PM
OK, since I was ignoring you people early on, being that this post didn't apply to me, although I've been a Virginian for 27 years (not to be confused with my age), what night are we talking about? And are we dressing like normal people or horse people?

Reckoning
Aug. 3, 2000, 12:13 PM
Oh goodness Jair. Will you be wearing your Flashdance leg warmers as well? http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif

AHC
Aug. 3, 2000, 12:19 PM
Slugger and Jair, the offer of a road trip still stands, but if Moesha will send the plane to Vancouver and it can pick slugger and me up in New York, that would be even better. Maybe we could squeeze in a matinee along with our shopping...

Jair, excuse my faux pas about the shoes. Of course the first stop is in underwear so we can all get our garanimals... I mean, what's good outerwear without good underwear????? If your cute brother-in-law comes with you, we'll certainly save him a seat in the car. Maybe we'll even let him pick out our garanimals...

[This message has been edited by AHC (edited 08-03-2000).]

Jair
Aug. 3, 2000, 01:07 PM
Legwarmers?!?!?? OMG slugger! My sister still has a pair of those - and they are really irridescent! Very scary things!

Plan sounds good so far guys. I think Retrophish is coming up from Citra to meet us too!

Retrophish
Aug. 3, 2000, 01:16 PM
ONLY if you will bring me those leg warmers - Jair!!! I just know they will be back in anyday now. Do you think they would go with my white leather reeboks or should I go for the black leather tap-shoes look?

Jennifer Beals, look out - I hear there is a dance floor in the back of Moseby's.

Also, Isn't Colin giving ball room dancing lessons to anyone that shows up in their gowns?

Jair
Aug. 3, 2000, 01:29 PM
The white reeboks definitely Retro. But be sure to poof up your hair a bit too. (ha ha ha I'm one to talk about "poofy"!! aren't I? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

Yes, Colin is teaching ball room dancing! Can't wait to see her tiarra and crystal stiletto heels! Poor Sea Urchin had better watch out or he'll lose his toes as well as his toupee!

Retrophish
Aug. 3, 2000, 01:39 PM
Dont worry, I can POOF - remember the girl from Wierd Science?? - and breakdance. Wait till you see...however, I dont want to get a stilleto heel in the gut when Im spinning on my head, so I might need to reconsider.

You are a scream Jair.

Anyplace Farm
Aug. 3, 2000, 02:46 PM
Fine, I'll ask my question again and no, I have no leg warmers. Although I might be able to borrow a pair from my girlfriend Cathy who was like Flashdance chick personified.

<<OK, since I was ignoring you people early on, being that this post didn't apply to me, although I've been a Virginian for 27 years [not to be confused with my age), what night are we talking about? And are we dressing like normal people or horse people? >>

MBS
Aug. 3, 2000, 02:50 PM
We are dressing like NORMAL HORSE PEOPLE. If there is such a thing.

Jair
Aug. 3, 2000, 02:55 PM
"Normal Horse People": Now there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one! LOL!

Anyplace Farm - wear what you like! Just make sure you bring your wallet so you can buy us all drinks! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyplace Farm
Aug. 3, 2000, 03:04 PM
OK, I will come as my best incarnation of a normal horse person (what a task!). And since when did I get dibbed as Money Bags? I'm the late invite here...so I'm stuck w/drinks? No, you guys owe me drinks big time. I'll bring my flask.

Good to go
Aug. 3, 2000, 05:24 PM
YES, YES YES....count me in!!!!! <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:
I'm a trainer too, but harmless. I think Colin is just touchy about trainers that frequent Utah. I'm going to bring a horse I'm trying to sell, get Colin drunk and show him to her because she buys horses without vetting them. I'll have him parked at the school across the street and we can all go ride on their playing fields. I'll give pony rides to those that are too drunk to function and lessons to those that have crappy equitation. Then, I'll down another Prozac, chased by a Xanax and then ride my horse right through Middleburg and we can all sing Christmas carols, in an effort to reinact the annual Christmas parade.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

havaklu
Aug. 3, 2000, 05:40 PM
Ya know you all have my attention - so much that I just e-mailed the Middleburg show Secretary and asked to be mailed the prize list. Unfortunately I will be attending a show in my neck-o-the-woods and will be unable to make the roadtrip in order to be y'alls chaperone

I'm waaay older than you young 'uns :P

[This message has been edited by havaklu (edited 08-03-2000).]

MBS
Aug. 3, 2000, 09:11 PM
I doubt that you are much older than us. We just act IMMATURE. I just turned 40!!!!!!!!!

Reckoning
Aug. 3, 2000, 09:27 PM
Soooooooo, is anyone bringing their horses to this shindig? Besides Anyplace, who has the perfect horse for Colin, I mean? Not to Mosby's but to Middleburg? Heck or to Mosby's?! My amateur hunter can drink y'all under the table and then some! I don't know where he puts it, must be hollow legs... Come to think of it, he's FROM VA!! And he's been known to snatch ladies' unmentionables off neighboring clothes lines... Oh Kennett Square?? Do you by chance breed TBs?? http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by slugger (edited 08-03-2000).]

rusty
Aug. 3, 2000, 10:24 PM
Since I was invited by GTG on the other thread to come to MOSbys. Here I am /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .
THe other thread just got way to serous for me.
The part about normal horse people has me curious, how do dress and act appropriately for that description?
However I can act really immature, particularly if I leave my clients at home. AM I really still invited even if I am a trainer. I promise not to tell.

Aug. 3, 2000, 10:26 PM
the mention of lef warmers got me singing a little Olivia Newton -John- (Let's not forget the rolled bandana as headband thing)
Let's get physical, physical.. let's get physicaaaal......
I've been patient & I've been good
tried to keep my hands on the table
It's getting hard this holding back
You know what I mean......
Oh no- dancing in my chair now- geez !!
Don't try to tell me you aren't!

rusty
Aug. 3, 2000, 10:29 PM
I thought you were suppose to dance on the bar not on your chair.

Aug. 3, 2000, 10:44 PM
There is No bar in my study- maybe I should move the computer to the kitchen

Anyplace Farm
Aug. 3, 2000, 10:56 PM
All I can say is, be afraid...be VERY afraid...

How does a normal person dress vs. a horse person? I am like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. People at my barn would never recognize me in a suit (yes, I still wear my 'ladies who lunch' duds) and people at my office would never dream that I will pick out a hoof, drive my five horse van and eat a hamburger with those very same hands all in one day. I am such a dude on the weekends it isn't funny. Then, during the week, I have to get all dolled up. Personally, I love going to Safeway, looking like hell and running into people from work so they can look at me in shock.

havaklu
Aug. 3, 2000, 11:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:
All I can say is, be afraid...be VERY afraid...

How does a normal person dress vs. a horse person? I am like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. People at my barn would never recognize me in a suit (yes, I still wear my 'ladies who lunch' duds) and people at my office would never dream that I will pick out a hoof, drive my five horse van and eat a hamburger with those very same hands all in one day. I am such a dude on the weekends it isn't funny. Then, during the week, I have to get all dolled up. Personally, I love going to Safeway, looking like hell and running into people from work so they can look at me in shock.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Anyplace - My barn buddies only see me dressed up once a year for the awards banquet (I go to watch everyone else snif, snif -g-)and don't recognize me because I'm sans baseball cap.

The co-workers don't recognize me in Denim garb and reeking of "eau de barn"

Kryswyn
Aug. 4, 2000, 02:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CozmoJumps:
Geez- I feel left out /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
I may be a trainer, but I really do have fun !AND I won't tell if you don't!!!
I guess I am destined to dinners with the horseshow moms- again-Or counting flowers on the wall- Daggone purgatory!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come in disguise! Wear mane beads and carry a pair of taupe TS's, Kennett Square will never believe for a second that you're a trainer!

Kryswyn
Aug. 4, 2000, 02:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:
Fine, I'll ask my question again ...
<<OK, since I was ignoring you people early on, being that this post didn't apply to me, although I've been a Virginian for 27 years [not to be confused with my age), what night are we talking about? And are we dressing like normal people or horse people? >><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The BIG BB BASH (the "BBBB") is Friday night of M'burg which is the 22nd. No one has dared to suggest a time yet. What time will Moesha's plane get in? And is he landing on a private strip (hee hee) or Dulles?

PS I don't dance. I will however pick people up off the floor when their achilles tendons snap from wearing stiletto heels after wearing their Vogels all day....

Kennett Square
Aug. 4, 2000, 07:43 AM
Slugger,

Sorry to say that I don't breed TB's or any other types/breeds of horses. I'm just a hard working girl trying to make a few extra dollars to pay off my bar bill at Mosbys and the Shark Club. That is when I can't get the kindness of strangers to do it.

Ms. Kryswyn,

I can't help my aversion to taupe/elephant/mocha/gray britches! I think they do nothing to enhance ones coloring nor horse. Let's get back to the good old days, beige and rust. I can even deal with the varying shades of sage or khaki. But NO NO just say no to taupe. I fear you will haunt me the rest of my days with the mantra....Taupe good ..Kennett Square bad. When we met at Mosby's we will try to resolve the issues, I've already lined up Peter Foley to give me big hair ( remember the higher the hair the closer to God) and I have the perfect red feather boa to sasha the runway with. Now if the bad ankles will just hold out one night for the 6 inch CFM heels!!!! We still are trying to figure out what sort of outfit to wear in between... Hmmm I must look a little deeper in the closet.

MBS
Aug. 4, 2000, 08:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
The part about normal horse people has me curious, how do dress and act appropriately for that description?

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Well you basically dress anyway you want and act INAPPROPRIATELY.

AHC
Aug. 4, 2000, 08:55 AM
MB, that sounds about right -- like most of the horse people I know (the fun ones anyway). Slugger and I are tentatively planning a road trip subject to schedules, horseshows, etc. We'll be there representing zones 1 and 2. LOL

MBS
Aug. 4, 2000, 09:01 AM
AHC I see you live in the city. Where do you ride? In Westchester area or do you come to NJ. I have been here a year (moved from CT) and you wouldn't believe the difference in board prices much less expensive.

AHC
Aug. 4, 2000, 10:09 AM
MB, I actually ride at a barn in Putnam County, NY right over the Westchester border. If it were a few minutes further south or in CT I wouldn't be able to afford it! Will send you an email with more information. Curious about NJ costs.

Harris
Aug. 4, 2000, 10:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kennett Square:
Slugger,

I've already lined up Peter Foley to give me big hair ( remember the higher the hair the closer to God) and I have the perfect red feather boa to sasha the runway with. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my, you'll be in competition with Good to Good.....with that hairdo she's practically in God's lap!)

rusty
Aug. 4, 2000, 10:27 AM
My I a m really out of it. I must confess that I don't know what Mane beads are? Could some one please educate me ,( it can be done) /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.Then maybe I could wear them in lots of shocking colors of course. Since I would have to steal alot of fake tails to make big hair for me.:0

Colin
Aug. 4, 2000, 10:40 AM
Hey Rusty! First off, of course your are invited to the Mosby's BB Bash!

Mane Beads...well, when I was at Tahoe some of the California trainers had beads in their horses manes -- only the FANCY horses, though! LOL! They were white beads with letters on them, used to spell things. I remember Peter Pletcher showing a stallion with beads that spelled "WAY"...apparently some sort of barn joke. And every time he came out of the ring he would say "Nice...way nice" LOL!!!! Talk about a different culture....those Californians are wild!

Kennett Square
Aug. 4, 2000, 10:48 AM
Colin, it's just not Californians that are wild. Peter Pletcher is his own party at all times. I love him, whenever he comes to town the parties get crazier....He can make me behave so badly with just a little encouragement. We need to send him a personal invite. He should be back in TX now. Anyone coming from TX to the BBB please give him an invite. Maybe he'll bring the speedo's.....

Jair
Aug. 4, 2000, 12:11 PM
Kryswyn, I think Moesha's plane is landing at the private strip as we (Mo, Retro, Jeb,AHC and Slugger) are heading off for some fine dining before heading to Mosby's - care to come? Colin said she'd meet us there provded she could find the right hair stylist to plait the main beads into her coiffure.

Anyone else concerned that we haven't heard from Moesha? He must be off on one of his adventures. Funny, haven't heard from Jeb lately either....

Anyplace Farm
Aug. 4, 2000, 12:38 PM
Jair - it's because Jeb and Moesha are really CIA. They really can't talk about it... We can never REALLY be sure of their whereabouts.

Bumpkin
Aug. 4, 2000, 02:45 PM
Jair if you are getting a plane trip there, I will just meet you at the plane, someplace between Seattle and the Blaine Truck Crossing. In VA, the plane could land at the Rokeby private airstrip, haha. I am certain the Late Great Mr Mellon would not mind since we are attending a "Sporting Event". Will you be at the Evergreen Classic?

Jair
Aug. 4, 2000, 02:58 PM
Hey Bumpkin - sure, we can pick you up too!

No, not going to the Evergreen Classic this year. I'm going to do the Thunderbird Summer show then my S/O and I are off for a holiday /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I usually like going to Milner Downs too since they're back to back, but am taking it easy this year with the showing and am actually looking forward to doing non-horsey things! Blasphemy I know ! LOL!

Bumpkin
Aug. 4, 2000, 03:25 PM
If I make it up to Thunderbird, spectator not exhibitor, I will tell you! I'm dying for a real Canadian Caesar!

rusty
Aug. 4, 2000, 03:35 PM
I knew I should have gone to Tahoe!
It is a long drive just to watch, I am going to Menlo next week I wil definately go check out the really fancy horses to se if they have beads.
I think the mane bead thing would be kinda fun to do at one of the local shows that my kids show at just to see what the judges say.

It doesn't suprise me that Peter was one of the people to start it. I remember him form when I was showing in Texas a couple of decades ago.

Is this private plane going any where near San Francisco? I could sure use a ride. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

largeponylover
Aug. 7, 2000, 12:21 PM
LOL i feel so left out! http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif i don't even know what you guys are talking about...i just think it's fun reading your posts you guys are so funny!! someone tell me whaat mosby's is pLeAsE?

~a very confused emily

Colin
Aug. 7, 2000, 01:30 PM
Hey Rusty -- Colin will be showing at Menlo next weekend! You should check him out and give him a kiss for me. He'll be doing the AA's -- don't know what age group, though!

Yes, the Mosby's party is coming up fast! I will be making final arrangements soon and letting everyone know what time to meet! EVERYONE IS WELCOME! I'm thinking 6pm Friday September 22nd in the bar area! I'll get a RSVP list together later on this week so I can have nametage made up for everyone!!! YEAH!

Benaja
Aug. 7, 2000, 02:26 PM
Where is this Mosby's that everyone's talking about?

Colin
Aug. 7, 2000, 02:30 PM
Benaja -- Mosby's is a restaurant/bar in Middleburg, Virginia. The Middleburg Classic Horse show will be going on the weekend we are planning to meet! It's a wonderful show in a beautiful area!

Benaja
Aug. 7, 2000, 02:34 PM
Thanks Colin! Are you in charge of reservations?

Bumpkin
Aug. 7, 2000, 02:55 PM
The Red Fox has a very nice room upstairs for meetings and meals. Perhaps you should check into that if Mosbys is too crowded. Is anyone staying in those cute Cottages that the Red Fox offers?

Reckoning
Aug. 7, 2000, 03:04 PM
You mean we're not all staying with Duffy?!

Colin
Aug. 7, 2000, 03:10 PM
Hey -- there aren't ANY hotel rooms available in Middleburg or even close because of the show, so I think yes, we will all be staying at Duffys! That is, as long as she promises to have coffee ready in the morning, as well as maybe some bagels and pastries too?

Benaja
Aug. 7, 2000, 03:12 PM
Colin, sorry - new to the BB - is Duffy your boyfriend? Just trying to figure out who everyone is.

Colin
Aug. 7, 2000, 03:16 PM
No....Duffy is NOT my boyfriend! She is my girlfriend! Obviously I need to clue you in!

Sea Urchin is my brother
Duffy is a girl - she is Jeb's girlfriend
Good to Go and Moesha have been together for years!
Iverness and Kennett Square have been "fighting over" Jair for months!

I'm sure there's more, but my thoughts are starting to scramble a bit here! Oh, yes, Harris, Brenna, Yng Amateur and Kavu are all related!

[This message has been edited by Colin (edited 08-07-2000).]

Benaja
Aug. 7, 2000, 03:25 PM
Sorry for all these questions Colin, but do you own the Red Fox Inn? Saw post where someone said you were treating everyone to drinks and dinner. Is that because you sold your horse? That's really nice of you - maybe I'll even get to the Red Fox Inn. Do they have a pool there?

Colin
Aug. 7, 2000, 03:33 PM
That was a nasty rumor started by the evil Sea Urchin!!! I hardly made any money at all off of my Colin! And I had to spend a small fortune on my yearling....so everyone, including Sea Urchin, will buying their own drinks!

However, I think that Moesha could easily be persuaded to hand over the Visa Gold Card -- especially after Good to Go preps him w/ some shots!

Benaja
Aug. 7, 2000, 04:11 PM
Colin, don't mean to pester you, but does your motel have a 1-800 number? I wanted to call for reservations. Do you think maybe I could watch a hunt while I am there? Is the pool indoor/outdoor?

Colin
Aug. 7, 2000, 04:18 PM
I'm not sure where this started, but I don't own any motels. I barely own my own home here in Utah!

I'm sure the Red Fox is full....with the Middleburg Classic show so close by I think everything in that vicinity is probably full. You may want to look east of middleburg -- chantilly, reston, herndon areas?

Pewter
Aug. 7, 2000, 04:23 PM
Colin, it's really not nice to exclude anyone.....of course Benaja is welcome, and anyone else. I think you meant to say you don't own it personally, but we know of course your family owns it. And I think one round of free drinks from you for people traveling several states to meet you is only reasonable.

Benaja
Aug. 7, 2000, 04:24 PM
Well, thanks, everyone - I'm going to try to make it and watch a hunt. Who knows, may even bring Apster up to watch with me. Are you in the hunt Colin?

Good to go
Aug. 7, 2000, 04:32 PM
Colin....fill me in...did you really sell your gucci Colin.....you in the mood to sell a Childrens/Adult jumper....who almost killed Moesha on Saturday..it was a sight!!!
Kennett Square talk to me about your tabs at the Shark Club..who's your bartender...do I know you??? Do you see me at the club and just lurk in the shadows????

Retrophish
Aug. 7, 2000, 05:10 PM
Wow, I didnt know he managed a bar at night. After all that riding ---- (suppose that's how he affords his hobby...hmmm)

He must have alot of energy. Works so hard and is so generous at the same time. How DOES he do it??

Benaja
Aug. 7, 2000, 05:17 PM
Well I'm completely confused now - Colin, I saw on another thread that invitation you posted inviting everyone. And that neat picture of Colin - you must have made a FORTUNE when you sold him. Nice of you to invite everyone to your inn. What do I wear to a hunt?

Retrophish
Aug. 7, 2000, 05:21 PM
Benaja

Are you from outer space?

Colin
Aug. 7, 2000, 05:23 PM
Sorry, Benaja....didn't make much money at all on Colin. I just wanted him to go to a good home, as I'm not financially strong enough to support him in his retirement...at least not in the manner in which he is accustomed to!

Benaja
Aug. 7, 2000, 05:24 PM
No, Utah.

Colin
Aug. 7, 2000, 05:25 PM
Oh God, Benaja...I see Moesha in disguise! You can't possibly be from Utah -- I'm the only one in the state that knows what the Chronicle of the Horse is!

Retrophish
Aug. 7, 2000, 05:25 PM
Oh, close enough. Just wondering.

Colin
Aug. 7, 2000, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Retro....we'll just see what kind of drink YOU get a Mosby's! LOL!

Finzean
Aug. 7, 2000, 05:30 PM
Benaja -
As best as I can tell, this is how it works:

There is this VA group who are constantly in trouble and kept under the watchful eye of the BB gods...They are an unruly group, but seem to be great fun...the term bachanalia comes to mind (too bad I can't spell it!). Anyway, Colin is their ring leader from the Land of Utah and she can shape shift and assume many different forms. Rumours are rampant about blood sucking and all other sorts of horrors. No one is safe from their plots and machinations....(Just ask jair & Jeb their most recent victims)

But as far as the Mosby's soiree - everyone's invited (last I heard..) but alas, all the inns are full. There was some rumor about Duffy opening her home to weary travelers and if in fact you should find yourself standing at her door, hat in hand, make sure you bring gifts for the children, a good bottle of wine, and lots of dog treats! But most of all - HAVE FUN!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Retrophish
Aug. 7, 2000, 05:34 PM
Tequila shots please.

I hear that a lot of the juniors have won shot glasses as high point awards?? (another thread). Since they cant get into Mosby's (or can they?) they should just line the entrance with these glasses and thereby show appropriate respect and homage. Like an alter.

Benaja
Aug. 7, 2000, 05:40 PM
It almost seems like some sort of cult where Colin lures people in, and then they're trapped....is the Red Fox Inn some sort of brothel? I've heard strange things about Colin and that group she leads...

Retrophish
Aug. 7, 2000, 05:43 PM
Youve heard all that??

Utah must have real, real good reception.

Strange since there is only one person on TCOTH's entire mailing list that resides in that state.

Are you allowed to even say "brothel" in UTAH?

Aug. 7, 2000, 05:47 PM
Colin -- a ring leader??? HAH! Colin can't even control her own life, let alone all the loonies in BB land! I think the real mastermind behind the VA Clique is that sneaky Sea Urchin....who has many, many disguises....

Harris
Aug. 7, 2000, 05:50 PM
Brenna, who could trust anyone named after a hair tonic? Or is that Brill Cream? You underestimate Colin....she has her followers brainwashed! Look, she's even made a fellow Utahian say the word "brothel".

Colin
Aug. 7, 2000, 05:57 PM
Yes, I must admit. Moesha and I are in cahoots together to brainwash all the BB members into joining our VA clique. The Mosby's "meeting" will be our first initiation into the secret club. As a member of this club, you will enjoy numerous benefits, including, but not limited to:

1) Gossip, Gossip, Gossip! Members will be working hard from all ends of the country to compile the best horse show gossip possible!

2) Tea Parties -- Moesha has agreed to host the monthly meetings at his home and provide tea and crumpets - Good to Go and Kennett Square will be bringing "alternative beverages" to these meetings.

3) Smut, Smut, Smut -- Moesha and Good to Go have agreed to provide you with smut...and we're not talking the clean stuff! Moesha will personally sign his new book for you, as well!

Well...that's just the beginning. I'm not allowed to tell any more. Moesha and I will making the final arrangements next week -- and will provide a full itinerary prior to the Mosby's meeting in September!

Finzean
Aug. 7, 2000, 06:44 PM
If we come to Mosby's and allow ourselves to be indoctrinated, do we get a lifetime membership card with a place on the back to sign our names (in blood?)

Kryswyn
Aug. 7, 2000, 09:45 PM
Speaking of Utah, let us pray that NO ONE from Mosby's is reading this! They would close the place if they knew what kind of bacchanalia we'll be having there!

Jair, where are we eating before Mosby's? If any of you are staying w/ Duffy, you'd better hire a limo because NO Way are you drinking and driving to her house. I can see it now:

Smokey (the trooper, not Everhart) pulls over a car of BBBB revellers. One whiff, and the paddy wagon is called. Colin uses Sea Urchin's cell phone to call Inverness to bail the group out, and Inverness calls me because good little do-bee that she is, she has NO clue where the Fauquier jail is. We show up, and say we're here to bail out our friends. Smokey say's: names? We say, "Ummm, Colin, Sea Urchin, Duffy, Jair, Good to Go, Moesha and Jeb." Smokey is not amused....

Kryswyn
Aug. 7, 2000, 09:50 PM
Finzean: We are the Virginia Clique. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

[This message has been edited by Kryswyn (edited 08-07-2000).]

creseida
Aug. 7, 2000, 09:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kennett Square:
...I've already lined up Peter Foley to give me big hair ( remember the higher the hair the closer to God) and I have the perfect red feather boa to sasha the runway with... .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you invited Peter to this bash? If not, make sure you do; I've not seen him in years!

Reckoning
Aug. 7, 2000, 09:52 PM
Don't forget slugger, AHC, and MBStark! We're all coming to town for this Mosby's Meeting! We were going to drive, but perhaps we should get a Winnebago to sleep in as well. We'll just park it at Mosby's! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

creseida
Aug. 7, 2000, 10:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kryswyn:
Finzean: We are the Virginia Clique. You will be absorbed. Resistance is futile.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Puhleeeze! Kryswyn....get it right!
It's "We are the Va Clique. Lower your defences and prepare to be assimilated. Resistance is Futile. You will all become one with the clique." /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

creseida
Aug. 7, 2000, 10:10 PM
Shall we book the whole joint on that night??? Sounds like we might need the room! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hattie
Aug. 7, 2000, 10:17 PM
Can the Va Clique come to Florida? We need to start a cult here - it's way TOO quiet and/or dull! Retrophish can be the leader! Is there a meeting place in Citra, Retrophish?

Kryswyn
Aug. 7, 2000, 11:35 PM
Hattie aren't you too busy "positioning" your clients? LOL You are the Hattie in Sidelines, yes?

MBS
Aug. 8, 2000, 06:58 AM
Don't worry I know exactly where the Fauquier Jail is so I will come bail you out. Just don't ask me how I know where it is. LOL

Hattie
Aug. 8, 2000, 07:43 AM
No Kryswyn - I am not the Hattie in Sidelines! I live in that OTHER world called NORTH Florida! LOL HELP!

Kennett Square
Aug. 8, 2000, 08:11 AM
Alas GTG,
I must admit that I have been lurking in the shadows of the Shark Club of late. I am getting material for a book I'm contemplating writing and need unsavory characters with a lack of fashion sense. Mind you, none of my horsey cohorts have fallen into the fashion mis-statement zone so not to worry. My favorite bartender is no longer working there (Brett) and I have been forced to purchasing my own drinks unless I can find a stranger willing to provide a helpless female with liquid stimulation. I have often depended on the kindness of strangers when amusing myself at the bars.

Cresida,
I am inviting Peter Foley and all the Woodhall Posse to the extravaganza. He might not be able to make it because of the excessive number of horses he will have showing at the Classic, but if we ask very nicely maybe he will make a surprise appearance. One can only wish and hope. When I grow up I want to marry him!!!!

Duffy, if Ivernness and I need a place to stay home many bottles of wine will we need to bring and what is your favorite type and year? That's unless Jair comes and let's me stay in his lovely B&B in the "Burg".....big sigh.

[This message has been edited by Kennett Square (edited 08-08-2000).]

AHC
Aug. 8, 2000, 09:02 AM
Slugger, I love the idea of a Winnebago parked outside of Mosby's. LOL I'm sure that for a small fee (free drinks) we'd let some of those locals who don't want to drink and drive rent space on the floor for the night.
Lest anyone think this group is made up solely of Virginians, you can be sure that the New Yorkers will be there representing Zones 1 and 2....

Good to go
Aug. 8, 2000, 09:39 AM
Kennett Square...ah you do lurk in the shadows of the Shark Club....have we not spoken/danced/or had a lemon drop shooter together...thought I've blessed everyone at the club! And yes, I do miss my beloved Brett, don't even see him at the gym any longer....Abdeed is my bartender, he takes very good care of me. Next time you see my at the club...show yourself!!!!

Kennett Square
Aug. 8, 2000, 09:53 AM
GTG,

I shall come up and share a Lemon drop shooter and a dance on the bar!! I haven't been to the SC in a while due to work constraints and a vacation at the Biltmore. I really am due to tie one on, what night do you hold court? I will be sure to come with the dancing pumps polished. We can co-ordinate and find each other by the truly chi-chi outfits that we constantly wear. Cheers!!

Benaja
Aug. 8, 2000, 09:57 AM
Kennett Square, RUN, don't walk, from Good to Go if you see her approaching you at the Shark Club with lemon shooters...she is dangerous...trust me...

Jair
Aug. 8, 2000, 11:45 AM
Kennett Square - of course you can stay at my B&B. Inverness hasn't returned my calls, so I don't know where she is staying. But Retro, AHC, Slugger are all staying there too. I think posisbly Jeb and Moesha too, but I'm not sure if they're still talking to each other. Should be ok as long as Sea Urchin doesn't come too. Could be trouble otherwise. LOL!

Kryswyn - I have decided to have an intimate dinner party instead of going to a restaurant. I hope you will come? I just picked up the latest Martha Stewart Living and have chosen some divine recipes and floral arrangements for the occasion. Having just come from my city's Pride Parade I am thinking of a rainbow motif...

I hope Colin doesn't forget she's bringing the alcohol!

Good to go
Aug. 8, 2000, 12:34 PM
Great Kennett Square..we will definitely have a lemon shooter together and a chi-chi dance on the bar....I am always there on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights...can we say I am a real regular or what...and most of the time I am causing so much trouble you can't miss me...LOL!!! <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kennett Square:
GTG,

I shall come up and share a Lemon drop shooter and a dance on the bar!! I haven't been to the SC in a while due to work constraints and a vacation at the Biltmore. I really am due to tie one on, what night do you hold court? I will be sure to come with the dancing pumps polished. We can co-ordinate and find each other by the truly chi-chi outfits that we constantly wear. Cheers!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to go
Aug. 8, 2000, 12:37 PM
Oh and how might you know Benaja??? Have you been blessed????????? Who might be lurking under this alias......hmmmmmm I wonder??? <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Benaja:
Kennett Square, RUN, don't walk, from Good to Go if you see her approaching you at the Shark Club with lemon shooters...she is dangerous...trust me...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Harris
Aug. 8, 2000, 12:43 PM
Oh I'm sure no one is lurking GTG - your reputation is known far and wide - I must say I'm confused, however, about why you neglected to mention Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday as the other nights you are at the S.C.? Practicing your back stroke for the wading pool on those nights perhaps?

Good to go
Aug. 8, 2000, 12:48 PM
Harris, Harris, Harris......As I have told you once before I am down to three nights per week.....according to my counselor at the center (as in Betty Ford).... three nights is all I am allowed....HAH!!!

Retrophish
Aug. 8, 2000, 12:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Good to go:
Oh and how might you know Benaja??? Have you been blessed????????? Who might be lurking under this alias......hmmmmmm I wonder??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yesterday I thought that Benaja professed to be from Utah/outerspace.

GTG - Wow, your reputation HAS certainly spread far and wide. And to think you have achieved such fame on an abbridged schedule as permitted by Ms. Ford and her keepers at the clinic.

Either that, or Benaja was up all night taking notes and making diagrams of the BB participants. He/she sure is a quick study - knew nothing yesterday and is all kinds of up to speed today.

Colin
Aug. 8, 2000, 01:07 PM
Benaja definately is a quick study! He does indeed live in Utah...is part of one of the most famous polygamist families in the state. His part ownership of Mosbys is just a hobby, as he frequents the hunts in Virginia. I think he's after Good To Go....wants to add her to his "collection"!

Good to go
Aug. 8, 2000, 01:09 PM
Oooh Colin I'm ahhhh into collectabiles!!!! <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:
Benaja definately is a quick study! He does indeed live in Utah...is part of one of the most famous polygamist families in the state. His part ownership of Mosbys is just a hobby, as he frequents the hunts in Virginia. I think he's after Good To Go....wants to add her to his "collection"!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>