PDA

View Full Version : Let's Meet... part 3?

ErinB
Jan. 29, 2002, 04:30 PM
On the suggestion of another BB'er, here's part 3 (or 2 or 4, can't remember) of the Let's Meet thread. Since we have a lot of new BB'ers lately, I thought it would be a good idea for them to introduce themselves and us to re-introduce ourselves (lest we forget who we are).

You know... the usual. Name, age (uh, maybe for juniors /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif), where you live, horses you have, hobbies, etc.

~Erin B #1
Compare music to drinks. Some is like a strong brandy. Some is like a fine wine. The music you're playing sounds like Diet Coke.

ErinB
Jan. 29, 2002, 04:30 PM
On the suggestion of another BB'er, here's part 3 (or 2 or 4, can't remember) of the Let's Meet thread. Since we have a lot of new BB'ers lately, I thought it would be a good idea for them to introduce themselves and us to re-introduce ourselves (lest we forget who we are).

You know... the usual. Name, age (uh, maybe for juniors /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif), where you live, horses you have, hobbies, etc.

~Erin B #1
Compare music to drinks. Some is like a strong brandy. Some is like a fine wine. The music you're playing sounds like Diet Coke.

HuntJumpSC
Jan. 29, 2002, 04:36 PM
I'll go first~~~

My name is Suz, I'm 28 years old, live in coastal SC. I have a small hunter barn called Upper Mill, currently only 6 horses, number 7 is at my friend BaileyBFF's farm. I own 4: first pony, Scarlett, QH mare~ Skipper, BIG 17H appendix QH gelding~ Raleigh, and appendix QH mare~ Beamer.

I enjoy Ebay, Rit dying show shirts, and love sushi, aside from my normal everyday horsie activities & shows. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Am currently in flight school, training for career as a commerical pilot. Dad just got a new airplane this week for me to build time in~ YAY!
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

That's about all I can think of... /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif SUZ

~~~Do you think the JUDGE saw it???~~~

Catalina
Jan. 29, 2002, 04:39 PM
Name: Lisa

Horses:

Picasso, 14 yo Tb gelding. My 'awesome' Jumper who was Champion in the A/O Jumpers at his show on Sunday.

Hopes And Dreams
Jan. 29, 2002, 04:45 PM
and I'm a senior in high school. I live near Richmond, VA, and own 1 horse. About 2 months ago my family and I gave our 17 year old TB mare, Breeze, away to a breeder friend of ours, because she was no longer sound. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
The horse I own now is a 6 year old, 14.2ish Morgan gelding named Vinny. I love him to death, but he is sadly for sale /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif because he just does not enjoy jumping, and I'd like to start showing hunters/jumpers.
In my spare time I like to ride /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif , play with my two dogs, Barney a 12 year old Yorkie, and Roxy a 10 month old Husky/German Shepard, and hang out avec mes amis. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AlyssaC

Darva
Jan. 29, 2002, 04:48 PM
Name: Andrea

Horses: 20 year old pony Darva, 12 Year old TB buster, 5 year old QH Freckle Face

I Used to ride and show Hunter/Jumper gave it all up when I met My cowboy Bf in Colorado traded in the Huntcap for a stetson and the rest is history. BF has a ranch in Co. I dont show anymore ride my horses for pleasure only. BF has my QH at the ranch he uses her when him and his partner team rope around co. The TB and pony are with me for the winter months in NJ. Ok thats my life in a nutshell Next.....

Catalina
Jan. 29, 2002, 04:51 PM
Other horses:

Fox, 9 yo Tb gelding. My up-and-coming Jumper.

Conan, 2 1/2 yo ISH gelding. My future Jumper.

Catalina, 9 month old Holstiner. My really future Jumper.

WindWhistler82
Jan. 29, 2002, 04:58 PM
Hey I'm Katie (I'm 19). Currently in Ohio for school, but you'll find me in good ol' NJ over breaks! I don't own a horse at the moment and probably won't til I graduate college. Oh well. At least I still get to ride!

--Katie--

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experiance.~*~Proud member of the College Clique!~

The Fjord Jockey
Jan. 29, 2002, 05:15 PM
Age?
Physically: 16, Mentally: Very old. Where's my walker?

Location: Richmond, VA, but soon to be living in Bowie MD, and then Easton MD.

Horses: Well, I guess you could call it a horse/fjord. More like a furry sqealy toy that weighs about 900 lbs.

*J*

Rockford
Jan. 29, 2002, 05:22 PM
(gee this feels like AA /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif uh j/k, never been there I promise)

I live in SC- for anyone who's curious, I do not recommend living in this state- and I'm 17 (I show as 16...ah, only 2 more years left). Let's see, hobbies? On second thought, better not go there. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Okie, my horsies...

I love my horses to death!! Their names are Churchill and Bring On Da Funk (yes, that's his name...). Churchill- otherwise known as MOUSE- is my equitation horse; he is about 18 hands and grey, reeeeaaally sweet and adorable. Of course I'm a little biased. And I do the jr jumpers with Funky, who is a lease. He is bay; a little green but tries really really hard for me always, even if I mess up. He's full of energy and always a lot of fun!!

Ok, well that's all about me and my steeds. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SquishTheBunny
Jan. 29, 2002, 05:31 PM
Name: Ash (or in Erin's case Surreal)

Where from: The land of beer (Canada)

Horses: Holsteiner Cody (Red October), Belgian Warmblood Ivy (Adastra)

Why is it hot here? Im in Canada, its not allowed to be hot!

Hound Dog Diaries
Jan. 29, 2002, 05:37 PM
Je m'appelle Emily, j'ai 16 ans, et mon cheval s'appelle Dixie. Et je parle francais.

For those non-French-speaking BBers, my name is Emily, I'm 16 and my horse's name is Dixie.

While we're on the topic of Dixie, I show her in Chester County, PA, in the Children's Hunters and equitation. She's a sweet little thing with a ton of talent, but I haven't quite figured out how to mold all that talent into the shape of a hunter.

I amuse easily, if you couldn't tell. I suppose you could call that one of my hobbies /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Other than that, I really don't have many.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
* Emily *
If you're here for four more years or four more weeks, you're here right now.
I think when you're somewhere, you ought to be there.
It's not about how long you stay in a place, it's about what you do while you're there, and when you go, is that place any better for your having been there?

OnceAThief
Jan. 29, 2002, 05:37 PM
SC.. not so good. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I can't wait to graduate and move, hopefully back to wonderful, perfect VA.

Uhm.. I'm 20, I go to USC and am chasing a DD in Psych and English (much like chasing my tail, of course). I also work at my fantastic barn to help offset costs on my guys, and try desperately to drum up commissions for artwork. Any other time, I am usually sitting around watching the same movie over and over (This week: Fight Club. Last week: Shakespeare in Love). I am an amazingly exciting person, if you couldn't tell.

I have 3 horses currently - Saratoga, the wonder gelding who is showing me (patiently) how to ride jumpers; William, a DWB 3 year old who I've owned since he was 9 months old; and Kately, the wonder mare who *also* lives with BaileyBFF (I believe she's collecting in a world domination plot, if you ask me).

---------
Delighted Studios (http://www.geocities.com/JustDelighted)

ErinB
Jan. 29, 2002, 05:41 PM
Name: Erin (oh, really?)

Hobbies: Anything that requires minimal usage of the "Math" portion of my brain. Particuarly writing, riding of course, and making websites.

Horses: Griffen, 10 year old TB (for sale), Hopper, 12 year old QH, Silky, miniature (old as dirt, maybe older), and Mickey, my trainer's 2 year old Welsh pony cross (not ours).

Etc: Visit website (http://usa.internations.net/pets/mizpig//outlooks1.htm).

~Erin B #1

hobson
Jan. 29, 2002, 05:45 PM
My real name is Jen, I'm not that old, and am a Pittsburgher relocated to Philadelphia. I have a 5 year old TB (Hobson) and a 16-year-old appaloosa (Rex). I'm not a university department head, but this year I'm playing one at work. In my other lives I'm a graduate student in Science, Technology & Society, I ride bikes, and I write publications on sexual assault/sexual harassment issues. I also like Peeps a great deal.

Atypical
Jan. 29, 2002, 05:54 PM
My real name is Maureen.
I'm 17, but show as sixteen. Wait, aren't shows those things you trailer to with your horse all bathed and yourself fairly well groomed in tall boots and breeches instead of chaps? Oh yeah, ok I don't show, lol, but for once every other blue moon.

My horse: Just one, a twelve (he's not 13 till April darn it!!!!) yr old TB gelding named Tag. his show name, not that I've actually used it yet-no I'm not kidding- is Atypical. What we do usually depends on the day. he's either my jumper, my Eq horse if I'm feeling particularly ambitious, my trail horse or just my bud. I have considered teaching him how to cut, move those cows!, and how to drive, but haven't done it yet. hey, I'm eclectic, got a problem??? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~*~
I get bored easily, amuse me peon! LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

SquishTheBunny
Jan. 29, 2002, 05:55 PM
okay I feel like attatching pictures of my horses. teehee. First one is rosie

SquishTheBunny
Jan. 29, 2002, 06:03 PM
okay and this is Ivy (and you have all seen the Cody pics!)

dogchushu
Jan. 29, 2002, 06:42 PM
Name: Kris.

Age: somewhere in my 30's /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif .

Horse: one, a grey TB named "Cassie."

Other activities/hobbies/interests: Well, I work in marketing. I enjoy singing and playing piano. I grew up in Indianapolis, so I was indoctrinated in auto-racing fandom at a very young age. I started out being very into Indy cars and F1. But then I moved to North Carolina and, I shudder to say it, got into following NASCAR!

Oh , I must add that I have two adorable little sheltie-dogs: Maddie, a sable female, and Strut, a black and white male. And yes, as my screen name suggests, I do have a terribly hard time keeping them from devouring my footwear! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." -- Lily Tomlin

MsRidiculous
Jan. 29, 2002, 07:02 PM
Sometimes I wonder if anyone really wants to know me, but just this ONCE, ErinB, I'll humor you. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

My name's Amanda, I'm 18, and I'm a recent convert from h/j to eventing. I could not be any more excited about being on "the dark side". /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif My horse is a "ripened" (don't call him old, I can't deal with such 3 letter words) TB gelding that is very cute, but thinks that scaring the bajeezus outa mommy is just way too fun. I'll attach a picture of the wooly mammoth...

Oh yeah, and I'm from TEXAS! Yeehaw /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-Amanda

"when angry, count four. When very angry, swear." Mark Twain

ErinB
Jan. 29, 2002, 07:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> but just this ONCE, ErinB, I'll humor you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quick! Look out the window! In the sky! Is that a pig I see? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~Erin B #1

MsRidiculous
Jan. 29, 2002, 07:09 PM
Only if that fat lady is rockin out on stage

-Amanda

fleur
Jan. 29, 2002, 07:21 PM
I live in Northwest Connecticut. I ride Hunter/Jumper, but don't own my own horse. I ride schoolies /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I enjoy long walk on the beach and new age music... oh wait, no, I like movies and funny things (like pictures of ErinB and her friends) and stuff like that. I have AOL, so if anyone wants to chat, hit me up /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Emmapony84. Hope to talk to anyone who's interested /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

*EMMA*
http://emmapony.diaryland.com

spaz
Jan. 29, 2002, 08:00 PM
Well let's see...I'm 15, live in Austin, Texas, and my ex-boyfriend that I'm still in love with just got cheated on by with girlfriend and so they are probably breaking up so I am very, very happy right now!!!!

But ANYways...I have a horse that is up in Houston right now trying his hardest to be sold (as he has been trying for since November, people are just slow and indecisive!). Currently I am riding a 17h TB named Leader, who is in first place currently for the horses-I-might-buy position. I love Lucky Charms and Pastaroni, chillin' with my homies /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif and spending way too much time online. I usually have "post-spurts" where I post an obscene amount in a short period of time...but that's only when I'm not too busy having a life. Which is oh, 98% of the time.

"You sure got a purdy mouth..."

ErinB
Jan. 29, 2002, 08:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> and my ex-boyfriend that I'm still in love with... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How long did you go out with him? 3 days? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

What does your signature mean, anyway? Me curious.

~Erin B #1
You... you can't dump me! I'm using your name for all my passwords! What exactly am I supposed to do about that!?

Pirateer
Jan. 29, 2002, 08:29 PM
I am a 17 year old (almost 18, showing as 17) and I live in Palmer, Alaska. Which is an itty-bitty hick town, with about 50k people.

I ride slave horses at the barn...usually either a 14hh Connemara gelding (Ghost)or a 16.1 TB/QH mare(Clem). I show (last year) in CHildren's Hunters and 3' Eq. This year I wanna do Children's Jumpers, Mini-Medal, and Eq. But I have to find something to show first. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

In my "spare" time, I like to do drama at school. I just recently finished owning 10 people. I have one "boyfriend" but who knows how long he will last because *gasp* he doesn't like horses (what was i thinking?) But we say I have 9 boyfriends, because there is too much Rebecca for just one boy!

I am also somewhat insane, and undiagnosed ADHD.

Next year I am *hopefully* going to Colo. State.

Rebecca
Eeks! My horsie looks like a mule!!!
http://www.virtue.nu/pirateer/home.html

[This message was edited by Pirateer on Jan. 30, 2002 at 12:02 AM.]

ClemsonGraduateRider
Jan. 29, 2002, 08:36 PM
My name is Niki, I am currently living in Clemson while I attend (duh) Clemson. I am 21 and am graduating in May which means I will be getting the he** out of this horrible place to go ANYWHERE else. But my parents are in Northern VA so thats where I'll end up for a bit.

I own one very old pony that I got when I was 10 - he is Mr. Chips. I ride a bunch of my trainer's horses down here though - she is the only thing I will miss about being down here - and she is the only reason I would stay!!!

Oh yeah I almost forgot - I like to party and watch hockey. And the intellectual side of me likes to read for fun *GASP* /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

RumoursFollow
Jan. 29, 2002, 09:51 PM
I no longer have a real name. I am just simply, RF.

That said.. I am almost 21 and a junior @ Clemson University.

When I am not at school, I am a trainer close by in Anderson, SC. I do not own (or even lease) a farm, but I board a horse at Ten Oaks Farm (http://www.geocities.com/tenoakssc). Most of the time though, I work at Katie B Farm (http://www.katiebfarm.com), where I train paints (mostly 3yrs and younger) and manage one paint stallion... Impress A San Man. I am currently focusing exclusively on paint breed shows. (english and western)

I have one horse, Country Grammar, or Cisco. He is 3 according to the APHA, but his birthday is in May. He is, of course, a paint. Red dun tobiano to be exact.

Other than that I have one perfect JRT, Hollywood (more commonly known as Woodi) and one crazy cat (Max).

My hobby is sleeping. I dont get to do it enough to call it anything but that. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-----------------------------
RumoursFollow
Ten Oaks Farm (http://www.geocities.com/tenoakssc/index.html)
-----------------------------

asterix
Jan. 30, 2002, 08:15 AM
Ok, I'll play.
I live in DC, and "work" from home (this way I can tell clients I'm busy with another client, when of course I am off riding).
I'm in my 30's, and that sounds bad enough.
I got bitten by that irresistible eventing bug last year, and have been leasing a older TB eventer (who thinks he's 4 on a regular basis). But today, I am going out to ride my NEW HORSE for the first time. He's a 17.2 Irish draught cross, and, like all new owners, I'm totally besotted with him.
He's about to get surgery for a bone chip, though, so I'll be feeding him carrots and handwalking him, instead of eventing him, this spring /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif...it's an investment in our future, which I hope will be long, happy, and high-speed (he's good at that part, I know).

Evan
Jan. 30, 2002, 09:06 AM
My name is Dee and I'm 23. I'm currently a graduate student working on my MBA (Econ is not fun! /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ) Anyway, I live just outside of Cleveland and have been riding since I was six (it's all my mom's fault, she gave me and my brother and sister riding lessons because she thought that's what a good mom does. I'm the only one that was hooked from day one...so blame the obsession on my mom!)

I have a horse by default. My friend left town to do some "soul searching" and I now have his horse. I don't mind beacuse that is extra ride time! I usually lease a school horse from the barn during the summer to show.

Other than that, I have a mutt named Hank and an old cat named Cat.

Toodles!

second chance
Jan. 30, 2002, 10:00 AM
Ok, I'll take a shot.

I'm Nellie, I'm 15(turning 16 in 9 days!) I'm from N.H.

I own one horse, a paint mare, who is turning 4, but acts like 10.

I'm a sophomore, and am counting down to summer, only 1/2 way to go! Mid-Term week is this week /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I have been riding since I was 2 but started lessons when I was 6.

Outside of school, I am looking into collges, I want to go out west! My friend is mostlikely going to some college out in Utah, it would be nice to go out there too, but I'll have to wait... /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

FatLilPony
Jan. 30, 2002, 10:42 AM
I'm 16 and currently live in land of the Latin (Puerto Rico) /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I own one horse named Beezer.He is a 5 year old tb/arab.

I'm a Floridian, but my mom got transfered here 6 months ago-I'm not having fun:) I own a hunter, and love it-however, they only do jumpers here-and very little of that.

My best friend is ErinB, the kooky girl that posted this topic.

Let's see... I'd like to graduate with a degree in elementary education and a minor in journalism.

Hobbies include: Slaving after my horse I love too much-and slaving over my homeowork I love so little /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

They all think I'm anorexic, even my grandmother. I'm being taken to a nutrisionist as a result of my pediatricion (I tried many times to spell that, can't /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ) jumping to conclusions when my father mentioned 'mental' at my last checkup.

My horse keeps me happy, and I have no friends. la la la-life goes on /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

You can visit my website here:Following Fate (http://www.geocities.com/Fatlilpony/index.html)

-A Puerto Rican Whit,
Oh!Oh! I know! -What was the question?:)

[This message was edited by FatLilPony AKA Respite on Jan. 30, 2002 at 01:50 PM.]

Multiple Choice
Jan. 30, 2002, 06:24 PM
Heya guys! HAH! Most of ya'll already know me but for those of you who don't....

I am a 15 year old from SC (just like out friend Megan)....it is EXTREMELY boring...and I'm a sophmore (homeschooled) so yeh...I have NO social life...just horses! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif ...and horsey people....

My hobbies are riding and soccer...and EATING!

I own 3 horses. Leap of Faith "Jon" is my eq/jumper horsey! He is my man...hehe...I wouldn't trade him for the world! Multiple Choice "Liberty" is my greenie who is now doing the first years. And..*drum roll please* my TRAIL-blazin'-pony -jumper-barell-racin-just-for- fun pony, Red Man! HEHE! He rocks and even though I am WAY to big on him, I just can't part with him!

Well, that's about all....isn't my life exciting?!?
/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

*Sarah Beth*

RedEqHunter
Jan. 31, 2002, 02:41 PM
I'm Laura and I'm 19. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I live in upstate New York (by Albany) and go to Cazenovia College where I major in Equine Business Management. I'm on the IHSA team there but am taking the semester off for medical reasons.

I like to play soccer, ride (duh!), read, take pictures, hang out with my friends, travel, etc.

Currently I own one horse, my adorable first pony (pic attached). This summer I'll be leasing an Appendix mare and showing her in the hunters and possibly adult eq. And I'll be doing the jumpers on some of my trainer's horses. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif I mostly show in western Mass.

~ Laura ~

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/sunsav

Nylar
Jan. 31, 2002, 03:26 PM
Alrighty then...

My name's Ellen, and I'm exactly 2 months away from being 21...okay, so I'm still only 20. But it sounds cooler the other way. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I'm from Baltimore originally, but I live in Chambersburg, PA at the moment for school. I'm a junior, and my major is Equestrian Studies/English.

I have a QHx gelding named Dunn By Picasso (Dunn), who's 13 this year. I've had him for about a year and a half now, and we're hopefully going to move up to the A/A hunters this year. Right now we do the 2'6 (Pre-Adult when the show has it) and some equitation. He lives in Maryland, so I go home most weekends to work with him. When I'm at school, I ride a QH named Kid, who's kinda green and pretty silly, but he's a lot of fun.

I occasionally play flute, something that I used to do all the time before college. My friends and I are hardcore movie buffs (seeing as how there's nothing else to do around here. We have to drive to Hagerstown to even get to a decent movie theater), and we spend way too much money that we don't have seeing movies that aren't actually worth the trouble. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

"Technology is my friend, and sooner or later I will beat my friend into submission."

LJD
Jan. 31, 2002, 03:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedOctober & *Adastra*:
Name: Ash (or in Erin's case Surreal)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget me, Surreal! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Alright, well I'm Lindsay (or to Erin and Ash, Kenzie). I'm 15, live in wonderful NJ. I have a small pony, Frosty and a large pony, Irish Delight or "Burt". Both of those lazy bums are retired. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

If you're a horse, and someone gets on you, and falls off, and then gets right back on you, I think you should buck him off right away. - Jack Handey
*Pony Rock*

spaz
Jan. 31, 2002, 04:11 PM
No no no ErinB, that was the senior, I'm talking about Moped Man!!! (Who, by the way, is now BMW man!!!!!)

"You sure got a purdy mouth..."

Dolce Vita
Jan. 31, 2002, 04:34 PM
I'm Chelsea, I'm 15 years old and live in Northern Virginia. I've been living here all of my life (well, except for when I was born to when I was 3...Then I lived in Nowhereville, Texas) I started riding when was 6 or 7...I foget. I got my pony when I was 13 and I sold him in September and bought my horse Sonnet or 'To The Stars', a 15.3hh, Belgian Warmblood Mare. Right now, we're teaching her how to jump, and get round and long and low -- you know, all that fun stuff! In the spring whe we start to show, we'll do Pleasure Horse and Greens. Just the local stuff! And thats about it. I just posted pictures so go look at them!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

.:*Chelsea & Sonnet*:.
- Formerly Hats Off -

http://community.webshots.com/user/tothestars

SaraJ
Jan. 31, 2002, 04:50 PM
My name is Sara and I have two horses, a 'mature' eq horse, and a pre green hunter. I show in zone nine, in both those divisions. Oh, and I'm 15 years old. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~SARA~
Horse, thou truly are a creature without equal, for thou fliest without wings and conquerest without sword.

chaos theory
Jan. 31, 2002, 05:06 PM
Hey everybody!

Name Rachel
Age 21
Occupation
Junior @ NC State University, assistant trainer
Horses
Southern Moonshine (Moon) -8 year old 15.3hh TB/QH. Flip-flops between 1st years and schooling jumper (depending on what mood i'm in /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )
Possum -19 year old 16.3hh retired show hunter...very underweight and arthritic when I got him. He's now back up to a healthy weight, sound, and enjoys trail rides.
Hobbies Sailing, Crew (rowing), and playing violin (I play with the NCSU Symphony).

-Rachel
Rachel and Moon's Website (http://www.geocities.com/rach99nc)

sigh
Jan. 31, 2002, 05:46 PM
My name's Amanda, I'm 17, and I live in upstate New York. (kinda near Albany) My horse's name is Charlie. He's around 13 (maybe 14, who knows), an OTTB, and the coolest thing around! He's so funny sometimes, and I love him to bits (when he's being good! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ) We do mostly do low hunter - type stuff (2'6", sometimes 3 ft on a good day) In my spare time (which is minimal!) I work at the barn and try to catch up on all the stuff I put off so I can go ride. That's about the story of my life! (pretty dull, I know)

ErinB
Jan. 31, 2002, 05:47 PM
That is so weird. We have two Amandas with TBs named Charlie.

~Erin B #1
My mother told me not to talk to strangers. I never talk to myself anymore.

PepTalk
Jan. 31, 2002, 05:47 PM
I'll Play!!!

NAME: Kelly

LIVE: Oregon! I have lived here all my life and LOVE it!

HORSE: I lease a retired ex-racehorse named Tailor Made(barn name Tailor) who is an 16 year old 16.2H chestnut TB gelding.

DIVISION: Pre-Adult(2'6") division at the local shows in my area.

SCHOOL: I am currently a freshman at my local Community College and still deciding what I want to do...Am leaning towards doing something in the Legal field...Don't ask.

HOBBIES: RIDE, read, watch T.V., write some and every once in a while I get political. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I don't have a scanner so I can't scan some pictures of Tailor and me, but as soon as I get one, you guys will be the first ones I will go post-crazy on! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

spaz
Jan. 31, 2002, 06:47 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing ErinB.

MsRidiculous
Jan. 31, 2002, 08:06 PM
As was I /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-Amanda

sigh
Feb. 1, 2002, 07:31 AM
Hey, that's pretty cool! I don't knpw any other
Amanda's - glad I'm not the only one! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

drambuie
Feb. 1, 2002, 08:05 AM
My name is Suzanne, I am 27 years old, and work ALOT so that my 9 yr old 16h Grey QH mare Trixie can live in the style she is accustomed. I too live in the Albany, NY area. Trixie and I show in the A/A jumpers. We have not shown much locally, pretty much just did a few weeks at HITS Catskills last year.
While Trixie is getting a well deserved rest (not for lameness, just peace of mind, and because my trainer is in Ocala) for a month or so, I am riding my friends wonderful 4 yr old QH. She is pretty green, but a serious blast to ride. She will eventually be a really cute hunter!!!
There is a pic of Trix floating around the COTH site somewhere, but I do not have it here to upload...I am here at work...workin' hard /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif