View Full Version : This is weird, but how do you keep your toenails nice??

Apr. 8, 2012, 03:21 PM
Okay so I am extremely embarrassed to wear open toed shoes because my toenails are really gross! Having them stepped on multiple times and losing toenails, and having them crammed in my boots all the time has made them very unappealing. How do you guys keep your toes from looking disgusting?
Oh and I don't think I could go get a pedicure, I really hate people touching my feet.

Tha Ridge
Apr. 8, 2012, 03:32 PM
I'm hoping this was meant for the Off Topic Day forum, unless H/J riders happen to have particularly beautiful toenails. :lol:

Apr. 8, 2012, 03:34 PM
Trust me, I have the same problem. Ive just given up on open toe-ed shoes.

Apr. 8, 2012, 04:38 PM
Nail polish. I just constantly wear dark red polish. My boots tend to rub it off so I have to do constant touch ups but that's my only way. And I just don't care. If you're feet aren't in somebody's face nobody is going to look and judge your feet.

Apr. 8, 2012, 04:47 PM
Agreed, just paint them yourself. Don't use a shimmer or a high gloss (These will show off oddities) or a particularly eye catching colour.

A nude pink is a good colour.

Apr. 8, 2012, 09:20 PM
Find a salon that does the Shellac nails. The paint WILL NOT chip. And not expensive. Go every 2-3 wks for a pedi

Apr. 8, 2012, 10:06 PM
Get over your fear of pedicures. You'll find that having one once a month helps with breakage and peeling etc. I also agree with the Shellac recommendation. I use it on my nails and can do 3 weeks at the barn without any chips or damage. That stuff is AMAZING.

Apr. 8, 2012, 11:27 PM
keep toenails fairly short and keep polish on them using two coats of color and a GOOD top coat such as Seche Vite; it is worth the price. for hands, find a GOOD salon/spa that uses Shellac (doesn't just say they use it, but actually uses it, not a knock off). Shellac does no damage to nails but has the durability of acrylics. I'm a manicurist and Shellac is the only thing that stays on my hands without chipping for two weeks and i (and my clients) never have a problem with my toes using that amazing topcoat.

Satin Filly
Apr. 9, 2012, 01:47 AM
I second the shellac polishes or a brand called "Gelish". Both have great longevity and take a bit of a process to remove (but well worth it since it lasts SO long).

Apr. 9, 2012, 01:21 PM
Oh yes, Shellac is amazing. It was expensive when I had it done initially - like $25+ for just a mani - but I found a place down the street from me who does it for $15. Totally worth it when you think of normal manis at $10 that chip within a day.

Apr. 9, 2012, 02:04 PM
You need to just get over your hangup, and get regular pedicures, you'll soon love having your feet touched if you go to someone good. :yes: Can't give much advice for the lost toenails, I still have all of mine. I'm sure they could make an artificial one though, my friend has some from where she has lost nails from fungus. Sounds gross but they look real and she gets them redone with every pedicure.