PDA

View Full Version : They FIT!! Then...disaster.

HighFlyinBey++
Apr. 8, 2012, 01:59 PM
My tall boots and breeches FIT!! Finally! And it's a gorgeous spring day and my horses are shedding and I rode last week and I..........OW OW OW OW.

Threw my back out :dead::uhoh::sigh:

It's not muscular. It's my flippin' sacrum that's stuck in a very painful position usually caused by a severe trauma like a car accident or sky diving.

All I did was eat breakfast, post on COTH and gathered clothes for the barn.

So now I'm stuck in the house, hunched over the laptop, trying to sit up straight again because I was stupid and leaned over.

I just wanted to see my ponies today :(

Laurierace
Apr. 8, 2012, 03:00 PM
Ouch! You might want to think about the ER.

HighFlyinBey++
Apr. 8, 2012, 03:03 PM
I'll go to my chiro tomorrow if it hasn't given way. The ER will just take my $100 copay and do nothing for me.

Right now I'm comfortable with ben-gay, 800 mg Advil and a nice pillow for the small of my back.

I just have to remember not to lean over...

twotrudoc
Apr. 8, 2012, 03:04 PM
Congrats on the fitting!!! :yes:

But, I'm glad. 'Cause you. Alagirl, LauraKy and a few others make for an AWESOME OT experience WOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

KBC
Apr. 8, 2012, 03:07 PM
Ice for now to take down any swelling, heat later for relaxation.

YUK, that sucks, I hope it either settles down, or you get it clicked back into shape soon

mojo7777
Apr. 8, 2012, 03:09 PM
So sorry! It's just awful when something like that prevents you from riding. It happened to me last month, all excited about my schooling program, then Wham, out for 10 days with a back problem. Back in the saddle now. Hang in there! (Before that it was a shoulder, and before that a wrist--luckily all for not too long). As it's been said from the beginning of time: "Aging Sucks!"

CVPeg
Apr. 8, 2012, 03:32 PM
Hate when that happens. For me it's muscle if I lean just right over the dishwasher, vacuuming, putting on shoes, pulling on jeans. Doesn't happen often, but WHEN IT DOES....

I can commiserate. Poor BeyBey.:D

HighFlyinBey++
Apr. 8, 2012, 03:40 PM
There's no swelling (and I don't own ice or frozen peas!). The sacrum bone is stuck and has to get unstuck. The original injury was in 2000, when the mare I was riding bareback did the tiniest little "buck." I'd be surprised if her feet were more than a couple inches off the ground. But my upper body didn't flex when the lower body came up and crunch.

I'm so comfortable now that I forget I'm hurt! I may have issues closing the windows tonight.

I have one last vicodin in the cupboard, but I don't want to take that unless I really need it. So far, the advil is working. Another hour and I can take more.

Which puts a big damper on the desire for a hot buttered rum, though with 100 proof Captain Morgan, I may not feel anything either, LOL!

CatOnLap
Apr. 8, 2012, 04:44 PM
healing vibes...or capn and vikes...

HighFlyinBey++
Apr. 8, 2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks all!

Any suggestions on how I ought to try sleeping tonight? Upright on the futon or should I try the bed?

nevertoolate
Apr. 8, 2012, 08:19 PM
Congratulations on the boots fitting! I understand the excitement - I bought mine 2+ years ago, and was just able to zip them all the way for the first time 10 days ago. Sorry to hear about the back, though...hopefully you'll have a quick recovery!

HighFlyinBey++
Apr. 8, 2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks! It's better but still painful.

I've had these boots since 1999 or 2000. They're perfectly broken in and in gorgeous condition. I put on too much weight when my thyroid crapped out. Now that both it and my anxiety are under control, the weight is just falling off. I tried getting them on a couple of weeks ago, but they were still too tight. I really never thought I'd be able to wear them again. Now watch me lose so much weight that they'll be too big on my calves.