PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a BMW X3

dalpal
Apr. 7, 2012, 10:52 PM
I bought one at the beginning of the month. Got a great deal 19,900 for a 2007 with 59k miles. It does have the cheaper interior package with the leatherette. But I could care less. The. Only thing that has been disappointing...it was advertised at 26 mpg, but in reality it gets closer to 22 or 23. Still alot better than my V8 jeep
Any other cothers have an X3...good experiences I hope. I love the way it handles

Perfect Pony
Apr. 7, 2012, 11:48 PM
Not sure who "advertised" it having that mpg, but all cars mpg can be found online before you buy
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/23775.shtml

The 3.0 liter 3 series get closer to 26mpg and has the same motor, but the X3 is heavier, AWD and the body is a sail, so the mpg is pretty poor. Other than that it's a good car, just service the transmission even though BMW will tell you that you don't have to.

rmh_rider
Apr. 8, 2012, 08:57 AM
My '06 330i gets 31-33 city (yes really). Got 72k on it now. It is a 4 door auto. I love this car and will drive it until it falls apart. Bought new with 5k on it. This is one very fast, and foxy car. The handling is spot on and then some. I have had no issues with it mechanically. Oh it did have to have some new software reloaded, but other than that no mechanical issues ever.

We had a porsche boxster, and it got 25 city, 5 speed.

My friend got a brand new honda accord automatic and she gets 23 city.