PDA

View Full Version : So what are you drinking ???

stolen virtue
Apr. 7, 2012, 08:59 PM
I am drinking my sauvignon blanc which I love had a nice syrah earlier in the week but the weather is warm now. So whatcha drinking ?

Long Spot
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:03 PM
A nice mix of Limeaid, a splash of OJ, a little bit of Sprite and a tiny bit of grenadine. Oh yeah. And Vodka. Don't forget the Vodka. I capitalize it like a proper noun because it is important.

twotrudoc
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:24 PM
Water and lots of it. I was hanging out boozing it up with my favorite Democrat (as previously mentioned in another thread, I *think* we made a balanced budget for the state last night) again and let's just say we had a riveting discussion and became thirsty. Very thirsty.;)

sprite
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:25 PM
Rolling Rock. some weekends are just made for beer :)

HighFlyinBey++
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:25 PM
I have not touched vodka since the Packers beat the Steelers in Super Bowl XLV. Vodka does not like me :no::no::no:

At the moment, I am drinking nothing because I need an empty stomach 2 hours before bed when I take my thyroid pill.

However, I've had a bitch of a headache for 2 days now (missed seeing my ponies today :cry:). It started after I couldn't sleep for 3 days. I took some excedrine migraine with some caffeinated coffee a few hours ago and it's not as bad, but I'm AWAKE. I'm toying with the idea that some hot buttered rum might counteract the caffeine, but it might also cause a problem with the pain killer.

Sigh.

SMF11
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:30 PM
Odd things turn up in our liquor cabinet -- gifts, or bottles left behind when we rented our house. I'm erm, decluttering, so am drinking something with with Russian writing on its label that tastes like whiskey. Over ice and with some water it's not bad!

saaskya
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:31 PM
i have found that mixing crystal light packets with liquor is great and provides you with that much more water and less sugar.

i really like white peach tea or cranberry apple with raspberry vodka, or the strawberry one with a little pineapple juice and coconut rum. mmmm.

HighFlyinBey++
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:35 PM
Odd things turn up in our liquor cabinet -- gifts, or bottles left behind when we rented our house. I'm erm, decluttering, so am drinking something with with Russian writing on its label that tastes like whiskey. Over ice and with some water it's not bad!

Is this the lettering: Закуска

stolen virtue
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:43 PM
It's easter and we are taking care of the neighbors pets next door-3 bunnies, 2 cats, 3 fish tanks, 1 bird and 1 dog. My 2 kids had been over there for an hour, sent Mr. Stolen over to check on them and he came back and said they are washing the cat ! I'm not drinking enough......Lordy, Lordy this will be a long weekend....

SMF11
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:44 PM
Is this the lettering: Закуска

No, it's "KOHbAK" or "U backwards 3 UUSU backwards J"

The language is possibly not Russian either. Whatever it is, it is so authentic there is not a single word of English.

HighFlyinBey++
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:44 PM
Washing the cat???

Um...why?

HighFlyinBey++
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:46 PM
No, it's "KOHbAK" or "U backwards 3 UUSU backwards J"

The language is possibly not Russian either. Whatever it is, it is so authentic there is not a single word of English.

"коньяк" is cognac

bits619
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:48 PM
Two Hearted ale, and considering either a Dead Guy ale, New Belgium Dig or Fat Tire...... Or maybe a mudslide. Hmm. The options.

ladybugred
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:49 PM
The sweet, sweet nectar of "the Box"!

LBR

SMF11
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:51 PM
"коньяк" is cognac

How cool is that?! The talent on COTH continues to amaze me!

stolen virtue
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:52 PM
Washing the cat???

Um...why?

Because he rolled in the dirt and was dirty AND our neighbor once told my son that the cat loved to be bathed :eek: Little did my neighbor know that my 11 year old son loves cats and bathing one seemed like fun !!! Where is my wine.....

HighFlyinBey++
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:53 PM
I had 3 years in college but since I have little opportunity to use it or increase my vocabulary, I'm HORRIBLY rusty.

My son pauses his Call of Duty games so I can translate the signs for him. He was very disappointed to learn one meant "danger, do not enter" :lol:

HighFlyinBey++
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:54 PM
Where is my wine.....

Skip the wine. Go straight for the коньяк

GraceLikeRain
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:55 PM
A yellowtail cab while I relax with the family in Blue Ridge. perfection

stolen virtue
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:58 PM
Skip the wine. Go straight for the êîíüÿê

Now where is that xanax when you need one....Lordy, I know boys are tough but really...and Mr. Stolen seems to think things are under control....

Long Spot
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:59 PM
How is that pronounced then, Bey? Like it looks like? Koh-back?

HighFlyinBey++
Apr. 7, 2012, 10:06 PM
How is that pronounced then, Bey? Like it looks like? Koh-back?

Cognac :)

к = "K" as in "kick" or the "hard" C as in "cough"
о = "O" as in "oh"
н = "N" (I still type the wrong letter half the time :rolleyes:)
ь = designates a "soft sign" or softening of the preceding letter
я = "ya" It's also the pronoun for "I"

коньяк

Long Spot
Apr. 7, 2012, 10:08 PM
Holy #$%^# do I feel stupid. I thought it was a brand name. Please see post 2 on this thread.

HighFlyinBey++
Apr. 7, 2012, 10:09 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

stolen virtue
Apr. 7, 2012, 10:13 PM
Holy #$%^# do I feel stupid. I thought it was a brand name. Please see post 2 on this thread.

So you were the one telling my kids to just wash the cat.....

sk_pacer
Apr. 7, 2012, 10:14 PM
Cold, leftover coffee from this morning.......nothing at all as exciting as cognac

HighFlyinBey++
Apr. 7, 2012, 10:15 PM
As long as we're somewhat on the subject...

водка = vodka and is pronounced the same in both languages

I can't figure out what the other word on the bottle is, but you might be able to figure it out with the alphabet page: http://listen2russian.com/lesson01/a/index.html

and/or copying the letters from the alphabet page into google translate:
http://translate.google.com/

CVPeg
Apr. 7, 2012, 11:53 PM
A yellowtail cab while I relax with the family in Blue Ridge. perfection

As often as we refer to grabbing a glass of wine, I don't truthfully have one that often. But tonight I am very upset with my BO, just drove past my barn to see if all was well, and then hit the fridge, grabbing an "unmentionable" tacky cheap wine - even though I have a bottle of the above available. Better save it for guests...

But the cheese & crackers are to die for...:cool: