PDA

View Full Version : half pad and open front suggestions

Gnomeland
Apr. 7, 2012, 07:34 PM
I had a fleeceworks sheepskin half pad which was very nice but it was too padded for my taste and I think it altered my saddle fit. I'd like to "downgrade" a bit and get a different one that is perhaps thinner. (under $100)

I'm also looking for a set of open front/ankle boots. I really like leather ones but I'm thinking neoprene/something else is more practical for cleaning purposes. I don't have a huge budget but would like something fairly nice.

Rel6
Apr. 7, 2012, 07:54 PM
I love Eskadron open fronts. They are super easy to clean and mine have lasted forever. I don't think I could kill them if I tried.

Vetvivi
Apr. 7, 2012, 08:13 PM
Dover makes a great half pad that I use for every day schooling

Gnomeland
Apr. 8, 2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks! Anyone else?

Libby416
Apr. 8, 2012, 06:17 PM
What do you need the half pad for? Is it more so for fashion or for your horses back? The reason I ask is I use a Thinline pad, just the rubber pad that is AWESOME. And I'm pretty sure its under $100 :-).

Satin Filly
Apr. 8, 2012, 08:15 PM
I have a Roma merino sheepskin pad that's reasonably priced (80-90$). It's got some cushion to it but not as thick as a Fleeceworks pad. Comes in pony, cob, and full size.

Electrikk
Apr. 16, 2012, 03:43 PM
For inexpensive boots, Dover has a pretty nice pair of fleecy ones for around $30-$40, and if you buy two pairs they're each $25. My horse likes them, and they don't rub.