PDA

View Full Version : Food Thread: Brunch

Alagirl
Apr. 7, 2012, 06:51 PM
Not specifically for tomorrow, but in general....

What are good brunch foods and beverages....

I am hoping to get my house cleaned sometime soon (been hoping for 4 years, but hey) and I would love to have like a monthly brunch at the house, where all our friends can come.

but I have no earthy idea about what would be good to put on the table.

I had briefly considered a sunday morning brunch, but the holidays always sneak up on me....

so if anybody should want food, I will just have to thrown the off brand pop'n fresh cinnamon rolls in the oven.....

Leprechaun
Apr. 7, 2012, 06:54 PM
Waffles & Mimosas. If you want to go crazy, make a little bacon. You can set up the fixings for both and people can make their own. Who doesn't like a good waffle?!?

Alagirl
Apr. 7, 2012, 06:56 PM
<facepalm>

I forgot about waffles!

twotrudoc
Apr. 7, 2012, 07:03 PM
Make this----->
http://www.opt2behome.com/campbells-soup-quiche-recipe/

super easy and yummy.

-Cut up strawberries, melon and put on a plate with grapes, make arrnaged and pretty.

-bake those out of a can croissant thingys, fast and easy.

-if you have any fun sausages (HEH! But I mean like chicken/broccoli or apple) , cook them up and serve cold.

-mimosas, but add cranberry to make it "special"

TADA! And, after breakfast, a light refreshing pomegranate vodka with Fresca and a small splash of aforementioned cranberry juice is fabulous. Add lime and lemon slices, now that's good.

Long Spot
Apr. 7, 2012, 07:08 PM
I adore a yummy strada. So easy to make and even easier to tweak the ingredients to include things your guests will like and remove ones they might not.

Basically it's like a savory bread pudding with meats and veggies of your choosing. If it would go well in a quiche (also a great choice) it would go great in a strada.

Here is a link to a sample recipe I've made before and it came out super well.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/brunch-strata/

Serve with a fruit salad and cocktail of choice and you're done.

MunchingonHay
Apr. 7, 2012, 08:48 PM
Serve yummy fingery type foods; scones, cucumber sammies, quiche, bloody marys and mimosas, fruit, lox and smear (cream cheese) on a bagel, yummy fresh crescent rolls or biscuits with jam/preserves, waldorf salad, chicken salad

Tapperjockey
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:45 PM
Quiche. mmmm I love Quiche. I had a bacon/cheddar/onion one the other day. I don't like onions.. and my mum doesn't like cheese and eggs together.. she's weird.. but we both liked it lol.

Bagels are good, especially with a couple different toppings.

Irishrose261
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:50 PM
French toast cassarole.

I make a healthy version with cinnamon raisin Ezekiel Bread, egg whites, skim milk, and SF vanilla syrup and it's amazing.

OTV
Apr. 7, 2012, 10:20 PM
My favourite brunch options:

- quiche, as has already been mentioned. I had a good recipe for crustless quiche and it was delicious!

- bread pudding. So many different varieties and sooo incredibly good.

- Spouse saver casserole from Best of Bridge. Corn tortillas, sausage, eggs, cheese, chiles. This is my go-to brunch dish when company's coming. Make it the night before and pop it into the oven for an hour in the morning. Serve with a side of fresh fruit.

- Smoked salmon and asparagus muffins.