PDA

View Full Version : What show horse is on your Christmas list this year?

VTrider
Oct. 24, 2002, 09:03 AM
After returning from two days of being at WIHS, I have decided that Clay County MUST be mine! Damn if he isn't the cutest horse in the whole wide world!

If you painted a dorsal stripe on him - you could call him a dun. He goes in a rubber D, no martingale and a big floppy rein, nose poked out! I LOFF him!!!

I sat with my trainer and boyfriend yesterday and tried to convince them that Clay County would be much happier on the East Coast! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Both Carlton Brooks and the horse's amateur owner made the him look like a blast to ride!!!!

Who are some of the top horses that y'all wouldn't mind seeing under your Christmas tree this year?

VTrider
Oct. 24, 2002, 09:03 AM
After returning from two days of being at WIHS, I have decided that Clay County MUST be mine! Damn if he isn't the cutest horse in the whole wide world!

If you painted a dorsal stripe on him - you could call him a dun. He goes in a rubber D, no martingale and a big floppy rein, nose poked out! I LOFF him!!!

I sat with my trainer and boyfriend yesterday and tried to convince them that Clay County would be much happier on the East Coast! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Both Carlton Brooks and the horse's amateur owner made the him look like a blast to ride!!!!

Who are some of the top horses that y'all wouldn't mind seeing under your Christmas tree this year?

Inverness
Oct. 24, 2002, 09:07 AM
I just want Billy to stay sound! Sorry I missed you at WIHS, VT. Were my directions ok or did you end up in the middle of the Potomac? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

"Lord, make me sober . . . but not yet."
-St. Augustine (sort of)

Kahuna
Oct. 24, 2002, 09:07 AM
Apachee - a/a jumper who won the WIHS finals last night!
(I've always wanted a paint! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

"The greatest thing you can do is surprise yourself."
- Steve Martin

wadino
Oct. 24, 2002, 09:15 AM
I think Elvis, Bucky Dent, and Keep The Faith would all look nice under my artifical tree.

just2hi
Oct. 24, 2002, 09:19 AM
I don't care what horse it is under mine...I just want one.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~It's better to be alive then dead~

VTrider
Oct. 24, 2002, 09:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RzB:
I think Elvis, Bucky Dent, and Keep The Faith would all look nice under my artifical tree.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have a thing for bays with stars, eh?

VTrider
Oct. 24, 2002, 09:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Inverness:
Were my directions ok or did you end up in the middle of the Potomac? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

"Lord, make me sober . . . but not yet."
-St. Augustine (sort of)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tacoma, Washington, is beautiful this time of year /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

AHC
Oct. 24, 2002, 09:35 AM
He wasn't at Washington, but I'd take Kindred Spirit in a minute! He is for sale, but out of my price range, which is zero cause I have one horse and can't afford another. His owner, who I know, suggested through a mutual friend that I start buying lottery tickets /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Although VT, I'd probably want Clay County too from the way you describe him!

Jamie Taylor
Oct. 24, 2002, 09:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
After returning from two days of being at WIHS, I have decided that Clay County _MUST_ be mine! Damn if he isn't the cutest horse in the whole wide world!

Who are some of the top horses that y'all wouldn't mind seeing under your Christmas tree this year?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's very sweet...I've never jumped him but I've hacked him for Carlton before and he's great. Emily Williams did really well on him at Capital Challenge.

"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive." - Van Wilder
"You can pick your nose and pick your friends, but you can't wipe your friends on the couch."

findeight
Oct. 24, 2002, 09:54 AM
Mary Jane King's Accapella, closely followed by her Lyrical and Balladeer........not to mention barnmate Ozcar.

Some A/O string for Rick Francher..........

The Horse World. 2 people, 3 opinions. That's the way it is.

CoolMeadows
Oct. 24, 2002, 09:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kahuna:
Apachee - a/a jumper who won the WIHS finals last night!
(I've always wanted a paint! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

- Steve Martin<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Apachee is for sale, or at least could be bought. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

pkd
Oct. 24, 2002, 10:09 AM
I want Karat! I just saw Erin Stewart ride him in the Jr. jumpers at Harrisburg. He looks FUN!! Plus he's grey /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

sarapony
Oct. 24, 2002, 10:15 AM
I want Dekster. He is Large Junior Hunter that wants to be my A/O horse. He is a REALLY dark bay with a lot of chrome and moves well. Although I did have to look twice to make sure he was sound, because one of his stockings comes above the knee and it can trick the eye. I don't care, I'll take the risk that the judge won't look twice

"No time to marry, no time to settle down. I'm a young woman and I ain't done runnin' around." - Bessie Smith

Dooner
Oct. 24, 2002, 10:27 AM
Now I just need some $$ so that I can actually take him to a show /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Kahuna
Oct. 24, 2002, 10:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CoolMeadows: I think Apachee is for sale, or at least could be bought. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I did hear that - time to go out and buy that lottery ticket! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

- Steve Martin

Pegster_1
Oct. 24, 2002, 10:35 AM
My horse is on my Christmas list!!!!..... she's for sale because i'm at university... people are trying her this weekend... /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I want to keep her forever...

~*Laura & My Lady Chelsea*~

Dementia 13
Oct. 24, 2002, 10:36 AM
I am sure Ms. Betty Oare wouldn't mind if I took Estrella off her hands.

I think we would be a perfect match.

buryinghill1
Oct. 24, 2002, 10:36 AM
Remember Me 9

His current owners were offered as much as a sheik pays for a top racehorse yearling. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

MKM
Oct. 24, 2002, 10:37 AM
i dont know first hand, but from what i've heard, i wouldnt mind having Grappa. maybe a 12 year old Grappa that would never age. I would do everything with him! hunters, jumpers, eq, dressage and eventing:)

SteadyPace
Oct. 24, 2002, 11:10 AM
A horse, that's it, just a horse. If I had to pick a famous horse I'd want Red Panda, man that horse can jump.

"Friends don't let friends reply to all"

Keep Counting
Oct. 24, 2002, 11:14 AM
I'm not picky!! I'd gladly take a spaztic reject if it can jump /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif But if I have my choice...I'd take Wet Paint, Laura Kraut's horse...Anyone feeling giving? Hehe.

-Liz

"There are two kinds of people. Those who finish what they start and so on."
-Robert Byrne

Becca
Oct. 24, 2002, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't say no In Sync. . . or Hilton!:) Kinda Blue or Mandella (the does everything without blinkign horse!), would help And of course a lil Rox Dene baby would balance out the equation nicely. . .

Princess Lauren
Oct. 24, 2002, 11:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think Elvis, Bucky Dent, and Keep The Faith would all look nice under my artifical tree. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'd take Elvis too!. Bucky Dent and Keep The Faith are nice too, I'd take them but I've never had a hack winner and I think it'd be fun. haha, I'd also take As We Speak. Oh and then Strapless of course. And Saint Nick.

-Lauren-
[Master Of The Game][Imagine That] (http://www.geocities.com/viewpoint_stables/imaginethat.html).
[Come As You Are] (http://www.geocities.com/viewpoint_stables/comeasyouare.html). [Once In A Blue Moon] (http://www.geocities.com/viewpoint_stables/onceinabluemoon.html).

no longer a BBer
Oct. 24, 2002, 11:34 AM
This is kind of random, but in the picture in the chronicle of Saint Nick, HIS NECK IS HUGE!!! Even when he goes in person, it doesn't look as big as it does in that picture.

Go Get 'Em Tiger!!!

RumoursFollow
Oct. 24, 2002, 11:42 AM
to keep my big black horse, but put 6 months of training on him with a magic wand so I dont have to teach him to canter in a "non-racehorse" fashion. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Same goes for the gray gelding.

Other than that, I'll take anything nice that jumps three feet and gets down the lines and does its swaps. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-----------------------------
RumoursFollow
Ten Oaks Farm (http://www.geocities.com/tenoakssc/index.html)
-----------------------------

Ethan & Ella's Mom
Oct. 24, 2002, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I think St. Nick would fit perfectly under my tree. I guess he isn't showing at WIHS.

Ryan-I'm drawing a blank right now on their name, but they just bought Gino (Bucky Dent). The family had leased him since 99. He is definitely a cool horse.

"I'll lean on you and you lean on me and we'll be okay"
- Dave Matthews

"We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere."
- Tim McGraw

wanderlust
Oct. 24, 2002, 11:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
After returning from two days of being at WIHS, I have decided that Clay County _MUST_ be mine! Damn if he isn't the cutest horse in the whole wide world!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, VTrider, I used to live on the same road as CB's barn, and drove by it every day on the way to my barn. Now I live a whole whopping mile and a half from there... don't you wish you were me??? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Personally, I am coveting a horse in my barn who I have schooled a few times. Bay Dutch WB jumper, imported from the UK. Loff him! Now I just need some $$$$$...

VTrider
Oct. 24, 2002, 11:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ethan's Mom:

Ryan-I'm drawing a blank right now on their name, but they just bought Gino (Bucky Dent). The family had leased him since 99. He is definitely a cool horse.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alix Hazel owns him and Christina Mangano leases him - very good boy. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dragoon
Oct. 24, 2002, 12:06 PM
I want Casper - the most amazing college horse ever (and a former Missy Clark eq horse). /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

From the law offices of Dewey, Cheetem, and Howe.

Ethan & Ella's Mom
Oct. 24, 2002, 12:28 PM
Actually, Bucky Dent came from our barn. Chrissy Dewey owned him up until recently. Now which every person was leasing him owns him (they had an option to buy at any time).

- Dave Matthews

"We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere."
- Tim McGraw

VTrider
Oct. 24, 2002, 12:32 PM
Are we thinking of the same one? I could swear that Bucky Dent had shown in VA for the last few years with owner Alix Hazel (who is now in college) and then has been leased for 2 years to Christina Mangano...you are probably right though b/c what are the chances of there being two Bucky Dents /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ethan & Ella's Mom
Oct. 24, 2002, 12:51 PM
It is the same horse. He was shown my Chrissy Dewey (she bought him when he was a greenie) in the juniors and did one year in the A/O's. I think that Alix did have him, I had thought then that he went to her sister (after she went to college, does she have a sister?). If she doesn't, then he was leased to someone else. Christina bought him though. My sister told me last week that he was now sold.

- Dave Matthews

- Tim McGraw

pkd
Oct. 24, 2002, 12:54 PM
Bucky Dent is a nice horse! I remember him from when he was at Halcyon before he went to Ethan's Mom's trainer. He always seemed like a sweet heart.

HSM
Oct. 24, 2002, 12:56 PM
Grappa, Red Panda, In Sync, Rythmical...But I have a wonderful horsie that I luv sooo much, so I'm quite content! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ethan & Ella's Mom
Oct. 24, 2002, 01:02 PM
pdk...took me a while to figure out who you were...you used to ride Pointdexter?? Am I right??

- Dave Matthews

- Tim McGraw

Justbay
Oct. 24, 2002, 01:09 PM
OOOH VTRider, I have to think on this. There are quite a few that I would be happy to find under my Christmas tree this year! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BLBGP
Oct. 24, 2002, 01:28 PM
master_tally, where do you ride? There are some super nice places there....

As for horses under the tree...hmmm, is Fein Cera still available?

Either that, or I could get a really nice house or two down here. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Go Giants!!

pkd
Oct. 24, 2002, 01:34 PM
Yes, I rode Poindexter! I wouldn't mind having a horse-sized version of him, either. I'm an incurable animal collector, just send them all my way /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DreamBigEq37
Oct. 24, 2002, 01:38 PM
or Editorial, or Brown Sugar 7

*~*~Lauryn*~*~*~
&lt;3 Justice Served &lt;3
&lt;3 Nip N Tuck &lt;3

GeddiupGirl
Oct. 24, 2002, 01:42 PM
If someone would please give me Gifted and Saint Nick....that would be fine!

I'd also like Wintarra back....just to look at!

Just My Size
Wintarra Ring
Tazz
Calvin
Macallan

rockstarr
Oct. 24, 2002, 01:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pkd:
Yes, I rode Poindexter! I wouldn't mind having a horse-sized version of him, either. I'm an incurable animal collector, just send them all my way /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

pkd, are you Paige? It's me, Sarah! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

You rode him very well and did me proud, back in the day! I would love to know how you're doing. Send me an email if you'd like at [address edited] ... I can't find an email for you on your profile. It's such a small world!!!

Edited b/c I just figured out how to use private topics. WOO-HOO!

[This message was edited by rockstarr on Oct. 24, 2002 at 04:20 PM.]

DMK
Oct. 24, 2002, 01:48 PM
VT, in light of our most recent conversation, I have decided that I want Bet Yer Blue Boons for my Christmas present.

You will make sure to arrange it, won't you?

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Kirsten
Oct. 24, 2002, 01:58 PM
Eeyore for my mom (we first met him when Amy Shafmaster had him...), and Millcreek Rosanne for me. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Oh, and a new Ted Coffin saddle while I'm at it.

Court@HJ-OH
Oct. 24, 2002, 02:36 PM
I love Double Cinco, or and /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Kinda Blue!

**Courtney**
"Court, you are THE QUEEN OF LEAN!" My trainer!

"I may not agree with what someone has to say, but I will die for their right to say it" every American

wanderlust
Oct. 24, 2002, 02:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BLBGP:
master_tally, where do you ride? There are some super nice places there....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to be at Rancho Viejo with one of the hunter trainers. Have since gone back to my eventing roots and ride out of CTETA.

Are you in NorCal?

Sparky22
Oct. 24, 2002, 02:51 PM
I think I will steal one from Helena Lundback on my trip to Sweden /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~~Kate~~

--------------------------
I would sooner fail than not be among the greatest
-- John Keats

BB
Oct. 24, 2002, 03:29 PM
Nobleman /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Robby Johnson
Oct. 24, 2002, 03:43 PM
and of course I'd wish for my Willow back.

But, since that won't happen:

1. Arakai
2. Welton Molecule
3. Dunstan Inishturk
4. Dark Harbour
5. Mr. Mullins

Robby

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.

PTDeaconHP
Oct. 24, 2002, 03:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sarapony:
I want Dekster. He is Large Junior Hunter that wants to be my A/O horse. He is a REALLY dark bay with a lot of chrome and moves well. Although I did have to look twice to make sure he was sound, because one of his stockings comes above the knee and it can trick the eye. I don't care, I'll take the risk that the judge won't look twice

_"No time to marry, no time to settle down. I'm a young woman and I ain't done runnin' around."_ - Bessie Smith<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehehe his name is Dexter.... He's at the am I am at, lol! He's so funny! He loves to look into my tack closet because there are cookies in there! He's such a silly boy

**Member of the Mighty thoroughbred clique**
***"There is no secret so close as that between a rider and his horse."***

PTDeaconHP
Oct. 24, 2002, 04:01 PM
I could never ask for more than my men! I love my boys to death, and they are all I need!
Plus I will get to ride my sisters horse, Happy (did anyone see him at upperville, or roanoke, or anwhere? lol!) in juniors when i do them! I'm excited about that, hehehehehe!
I love my horses with all my heart!!!! hehehe /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

**Member of the Mighty thoroughbred clique**
***"There is no secret so close as that between a rider and his horse."***

*Bounce*
Oct. 24, 2002, 04:46 PM
Newsworthy and Kinda Blue!!! My two favorites /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

*Alexa*

DreamBigEq37
Oct. 24, 2002, 07:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BB:
Nobleman /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he's mine. I'm sorry. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Hi, my name is Lainie Wimberly.... I WISH!!!

*~*~Lauryn*~*~*~
&lt;3 Nip N Tuck &lt;3

CBoylen
Oct. 25, 2002, 12:30 PM
VTrider, when you're bringing Clay County back from Carleton's you can put Corallie on the plane for me. Surely if we share a flight we can save some money /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

VTrider
Oct. 25, 2002, 12:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by C.Boylen:
VTrider, when you're bringing Clay County back from Carleton's you can put Corallie on the plane for me. Surely if we share a flight we can save some money /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gladly sweety!!!!

Did your trainer show up in time for Day 2 of WIHS? He didn't ask your mother to go to the Home Depot again did he? I thought I was going to fall out of my chair when he said that!

BTW C.Boylen - wish Chimney Hill a Happy Birthday - a case of Depends would make a nice gift.

Its Called A Lance...Hello!
Oct. 25, 2002, 02:06 PM
I would have to say Jacob Two Two, although he will never make it on my christmas list. The horse must be worth THOUSONDS! He is a 10 year old 4**** eventer....I know, he is an eventer, but my sister does eventing, and I can't help but love him! He has the CUTEST head!!!!!!!!!!! I am all about heads, and very picky, and I actually like him!

~*~Hannah~*~

DMK
Oct. 25, 2002, 02:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> No, I know someone far more deserving of these two rides. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So nice of you to remember me, old man! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Especially since I'm thinking that I could get both of these horses and still have some bucks leftover if I go for these fine horses instead of my original choice! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif (I saw where her untried son went for $180K in an auction, so I'm thinkin' the original model might be kind of pricey!)

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

JBO
Oct. 26, 2002, 10:18 AM
Clay County is adorable! If it doesn't work out, please send him my way /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Heineken
Oct. 26, 2002, 01:18 PM
I want Saint Nick, or one of his foals...and Priceless, LOVE that one almost as much as Strapless... but I'll have my hands full come spring with my three year old so I won't complain at all about what I've got!

Aqha Clique

M&M
Oct. 26, 2002, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't mind having one of those big fancy Eq horses.... ya know the ones.... The ones that are on the bridle standing in their stall, hahah the ones that go out in the field and run around with their head nicely tucked in and using their hind in!! I want one of those horses to do the USET's on.. anyone wanna give me one??

War Admiral
Oct. 26, 2002, 07:04 PM
If I may be permitted to veer strangely out of the H/J/E realm, I stopped by a big ASB breed show earlier this fall, and all I can say is, if any of you have a few spare zillion dollars around, you may buy me a Saddlebred Fine Harness stallion called Sir William Robert. He's only 3 but he was *so* gorgeous I had tears pouring down my face. He's already a World Grand Champion and he's one of those horses you know you are going to remember forever. Like Idle Dice or Secretariat or any great horse in any discipline!

Member: TB Clique, Georgia Clique, Rust TS Clique, Willem FC, DIY Clique, Ebayers Anonymous Clique, Reads Forums At Work Clique, Lawn Ornaments For Life Clique

ChagrinSaddlery
Oct. 26, 2002, 08:02 PM
Anyone remember Land of Kings? A beautiful gray that Margie Engle did in GP. I believe he was a stallion. I would gladly take one of his babies!

kitt3589
Dec. 9, 2003, 02:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DreamBigEq37:

*~*~Lauryn*~*~*~
&lt;3 Nip N Tuck &lt;3<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I own Brown Sugar 7...

-Kitt-
Simply Said & Notoriety

HunterUnderSaddle
Dec. 9, 2003, 02:55 PM
Someone please buy me Looks Like Trash ( he is an amazing horse owned by Josh Lyons)
and....
Zips Chocolate Chip ( amazing pleasure Quarter Horse)

...pretty please.

polochick12
Dec. 9, 2003, 02:57 PM
I don't really have a top horse, but a nice dapple grey Selles Francais under the christmas tree would be nice! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/winkgrin.gif

Nadia

*iLoVeLoUeY*
Dec. 9, 2003, 03:00 PM
I dont know this pony very well... but I would LOVE to have Toy Story! soooo cute. The only problem, is how could I afford board? Maybe I will take a million bucks for xmas too!

" We came, we jumped, we really did!!!!!"
**HoNg KoNg LoUeY**
Eddie, Ty, and Louis
GPA lover clique
Appy Clique

Medievalist
Dec. 9, 2003, 03:50 PM
VTRider! Back from the dead! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/sadsmile.gif
http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif

sonomacounty
Dec. 9, 2003, 04:07 PM
To have my dear Lost TB back.

* lost tb *

Tomboy
Dec. 9, 2003, 04:31 PM
Ill go for the one where i ride thats breaking first year this year. He made me drool this summer. Had every head turning. I LOVE THAT HORSE. Great mover, and his jump makes you want to melt. His rounds this summer over things he could easily do gave me goosebumps, i cant wait untill he starts the big stuff..... I love you Warrenty. He was at upperville doing the pre-greens this summer, might have seen him there. I love that horse.
either him, or the pony my sister had that could find a distance and ignore what ever the rider said. I need a seeing eye dog about now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud member of the Teen Clique

“Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.” –unknown

Fiction
Dec. 9, 2003, 05:25 PM
Well...Since we're doing lists...

-Saint Nick, for that gorgeous neck, & the way he moves
-As We Speak, for that amazing jump, & great personality
-Grappa, for just being the most amazing eq horse ever
-Logan, Brianne Goutal's black eq horse, just because I love this horse, he's gorgeous, and goes alot like mine
-Paint It Black, my old jumper, for being the best 15.1 horse with the biggest heart out there
-Royal Kaliber, he's just simply amazing

But if I had to pick just one...I'd keep my own guy, wrapped in a big red bow, convieniently placed under the tree, as he tries to chew on it http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

**EDITED** Because my fingers seem to think there's a "p" at the end of Kaliber. That would be like a high class burping sound haha http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Royal Kaliberp

-----
This is not a true story
-----

domino
Dec. 9, 2003, 05:29 PM
lets, see my list is short:
POPEYE K http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

bigbay
Dec. 9, 2003, 05:36 PM
I've always wanted Box Car Willie. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/sigh.gif

I have no idea where he is now or if he's even still alive, but if anyone out there who knows his owner is reading this, please tell them he can come retire in my backyard with lots of loff. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MistyBlue
Dec. 9, 2003, 05:50 PM
OMG, Box Car Willie! Haven't heard that name in ages...and also was an enormous favorite of mine. I'd also love to know if he's still around and if so, how he's doing.
I have 2 show horses on my Christmas list:
1) My very first childhood horse...may she rest in peace.
2) An apparently imaginary animal: One that will get along with my alpha mare in turnout, is somewhere around 15-16h tall, not older than dirt and not a greenie, can pack my young 10 year old novice daughter around, go out on trails, sound, sane, manners, at the request of my daughter...a GIRL horse who's pinto marked, did I mention gets along with my impossible to get along with mare? Doesn't need to be fancy(local to low rated shows occassionally), doesn't need to be perfect, just needs to get along with my horse and normal. Seems to be a imaginary animal, LOL!

Equine Crash Test Dummy
Member of: Non-GPA Clique
80's Clique
Connecticut Clique
Helmet Nazi Clique

becca's boys
Dec. 9, 2003, 05:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bigbay:
I've _always_ wanted Box Car Willie. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/sigh.gif

http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ME TOO!!!

As far as choosing a "current" favorite...there are SO many nice horses out there...it is impossible to narrow it down!!

PonyHunter6
Dec. 9, 2003, 05:59 PM
Pony Dot Com
Tristans Party Shoes
Peek A Blue
Texas
As We Speak
.....the list could go on and on

Madeline
Dec. 9, 2003, 06:27 PM
I'll take any one of these:

Aguila or Lalique out of Torano's barn

or Alison Leone's Galliano

I'm not hard to please.

madeline

JumpTheMoon01
Dec. 9, 2003, 06:33 PM
Well he's not a show horse yet. He's an x-race horse that I would die to have. So gorgeous you wouldn't believe it. He's a 17 hand dapple grey gelding. And he's a huge mover!! I actually put him on my list knowing I wasn't going to get him. Don't ask why but I did.

lms
Dec. 10, 2003, 08:50 AM
It's our very own COTH Christmas miracle...VTRider speaks again!!

"Some people need to buy the winners, others make them."

easyjumper1
Dec. 10, 2003, 09:15 AM
Well, Sandro Boy (http://www.stuttgart-german-masters.de/bilder2003/donnerstag/do_01_springreiten/html/220b0316.htm) of Marcus Ehning seems nice enough to me http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/winkgrin.gif , or Stakkato (http://www.hippodata.de/gc03/showimppic.php?datei=do040.jpg&ver_verz=30&text=) http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Extra Ordinary
Dec. 10, 2003, 09:22 AM
Hmmm, Laura Kraut's "Anthem" I saw him jump in person at Spruce Meadows a couple years ago and it was AMAZING - you can't truly appreciate him until you are standing at the side of the ring watching - the horse was FLYING over 5'6" jumps like they were 3' high!!! And clearing them with like a foot to spare!!

I probably wouldn't be able to ride him, but a girl can dream http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif

Madison

*Bo Frost*
*American Voodoo*

Box-of-Rox
Dec. 10, 2003, 09:29 AM
easyjumper--i like stakkato too! but I really do have to have mon gamine. someone looked at him for my barn... i *think* for me although I'm not sure, and thought that he'd be too small. Hurumph. Oh well, I'll just have to steal him from Brianne.

BoR--resident Stupid Child

BLBGP
Dec. 10, 2003, 09:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kitt3589:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DreamBigEq37:

*~*~Lauryn*~*~*~
&lt;3 Nip N Tuck &lt;3<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I own Brown Sugar 7...

-Kitt-
Simply Said & Notoriety<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any pictures to share? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Palisades
Dec. 10, 2003, 09:54 AM
Madeline,

That Galliano wouldn't happen to be the same one that Brittney Jones owned, would it? If so, I use to drool over him when she showed him in Childrens up here.

eclipse
Dec. 10, 2003, 10:10 AM
Beezie Madden's little speed horse "Cloud Nine". Love that horse. Very fast, very brave & jumps awesome!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

"errr, ummm, oomph.....brain fart"!!

Baroni
Dec. 10, 2003, 11:22 AM
I can't remember his name - but I loff, loff, loff Maggie McClary's gray equitation horse. I love the way he snaps his knees up over the fences. And he looks so pleased with himself when she gives him a good-boy pat.

Faded Dreams
Dec. 10, 2003, 11:52 AM
I got mine http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif But i want corey to. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

* T I F F *

Member of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique!

Blinky
Dec. 10, 2003, 12:56 PM
At first I was like, VTRider is back.....

oh well.

easyjumper1
Dec. 10, 2003, 03:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Box-of-Rox:
easyjumper--i like stakkato too! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He really is amazing, isn't he? http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif There's a clip of him at horsegate.com (http://www.horse-gate.com/hengstvideos/index_tab_e.html) (just scroll down the list http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif, Cassone is really nice too btw)

Thorne
Dec. 10, 2003, 04:59 PM
Lexicon or Judgement, or a breeding to either! There is also a three year old down the street I picked out a field. Watched him jump, OMG! And I thought him floating across the field was amazing, but he can float over jumps too! I know the owners will probably make him a jumper, but he really should be a hunter. And I hate the hunters! Lol. Anyways, for any of you who put estrella on your list, I might breed her daddy to my Absolute mare, I think they will cross nice, and so does Cortez's owner. So nice she thought we maybe should talk about just splitting everything. So maybe Estrella's sister will be up for grabs in the coming years. In the meantime I will take my stallions and kick some butt! Yeah right, having the two most amazing horses (IMOO) Lexicon, and Judgement is easy, its being able to ride them is tough!

@-'--,--Rosetta Stone--,--'-@

Silk
Dec. 10, 2003, 05:05 PM
Hillcrest Blue Wishes, Jenifer berol Bliss' large!! Hands down, no doubt that is the one I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**&gt;&gt;It's not bragging if you can back it up!&lt;&lt;**

GatoGordo
Dec. 10, 2003, 05:16 PM
Phinny . . .oh, wait, I already get to ride him. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Asterix's horse . . . heheh, I get to ride him occasionally, too. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/winkgrin.gif

A deceased chestnut TB event gelding from my old barn. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/sadsmile.gif

Hey, 2 for 3! Not bad! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

There are only two types of eventers out there: Those who have fallen in the water jump and those that will. -- subk
Founding Member, Bird Nerd Clique; Eventing Yahoo In Training; formerly known as BostonGold

Pirateer
Dec. 10, 2003, 05:26 PM
Double Cinco http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rebecca and Pirateer (Pirate) reunited for 2004 show season?
http://www.bluffparkfarm.com
http://community.webshots.com/user/pirateer

GirlNextDoor
Dec. 10, 2003, 05:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blinky:
At first I was like, VTRider is back.....

oh well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I almost shed a tear. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Oh how we miss our dearly departed!

"You've been hoodwinked. You've been had.
You've been took. You've been led astray, led amok.
You've been Bamboozled."

-- Malcolm X

Lord Helpus
Dec. 10, 2003, 05:56 PM
I had to go to TOB to find out if dear, dear, VT was remorseful and apologetic and had crawled back over to COTH.

Sad to say, VTrider is still among the missing. But Loopy Rein lives. We can take a small measure of solice from that.

Madeline
Dec. 10, 2003, 06:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Palisades:
Madeline,

That Galliano wouldn't happen to be the same one that Brittney Jones owned, would it? If so, I use to drool over him when she showed him in Childrens up here.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know. Alison Leone rides him in the high A/O jumpers. He just looks like he would be a fun, pleasant ride. He looks very rideable. And he soars.

madeline

Tackpud
Dec. 11, 2003, 08:09 AM
VTRider http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/sadsmile.gif We miss you!

SweatySaddlepad
Dec. 11, 2003, 08:49 AM
JUDGEMENT, I've got a thing for black stallions, he is amazing http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

EStieg12
Dec. 11, 2003, 09:24 AM
I want Ticatto to pass his vet check! (MY new baby if he passes Monday)
But if I could have any horses I will take In Disguise, Popeye K or Priceless please!!

Member of the "Baby Greenie Support Group" and major advocate of the Green Arm Band http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
My pictures! http://community.webshots.com/user/estieg12
GO BUFFS!!! "F*&! 'Em up, F*&! 'Em up - GO CU!!"

Heineken
Dec. 11, 2003, 10:28 AM
St. Nick.

I love that horse.

Bumpkin
Dec. 11, 2003, 10:54 AM
VTRider's horse.... http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

"Remember: You're A Customer In A Service Industry."
"Proud Member Of The I Love Dublin, Starman Babies,and SunnieFlax Cliques"

budman
Dec. 11, 2003, 11:26 AM
Bachelor 1 & 2, I used to take care of Winnie ages ago. For all of you who didn't know her, Wintarra Ring was AMAZING. So, I'd take a slightly larger version of her!

Leader of the petition to call "trolls" "garage gnomes"
Gold Chips (http://www.marylandponybreeders.org/item.jhtml?UCIDs=546415%7C560127&PRID=394805)
Blondie (http://www.marylandponybreeders.org/item.jhtml?UCIDs=546415%7C560127&PRID=394809)

abbytude83
Dec. 11, 2003, 04:18 PM
Well I love my guy and am content with him but I wouldnt mind seeing Strapless under my tree!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Abby and Current Edition/Chuck/Angel/Prince
member of the Disgruntled College students clique,TB clique,Non-GPA clique, and the Glitter clique
"I AM sweet, I'm a catch!"
-SATC
http://hometown.aol.com/uptowngrl83/index.html

MHM
Dec. 11, 2003, 11:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Baroni:
I can't remember his name - but I loff, loff, loff Maggie McClary's gray equitation horse. I love the way he snaps his knees up over the fences. And he looks so pleased with himself when she gives him a good-boy pat.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does she have Editorial these days? Big sweet gray with a wart (?) on his forehead? He is adorable. I've liked him for years. Who had him before- was it Caitlin Venezia? Or am I thinking of the wrong New England rider?

MHM
Dec. 11, 2003, 11:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PTDeaconHP:
Plus I will get to ride my sisters horse, Happy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that the same Happy who was Marley Goodman's at one time? Big bay with lots of white?

Bugaboo
Dec. 12, 2003, 05:12 PM
My horse is perfect for me, http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif but a GP Jumper? I'd take Ado Annie, Tinka's Boy and Sapphire anyday. Oh, and Ranier and Brentina for Dressage.

*member of the Short, Stubby Leg Clique*

charlie13
Dec. 12, 2003, 05:16 PM
Yeah Caitlin Venezia rode "ED" before and she still owns him but they let different people ride him since she graduated from the juniors. Kristy McCormick rode him for 2 years and now Maggie.

Roxy SM
Dec. 12, 2003, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by War Admiral:
If I may be permitted to veer strangely out of the H/J/E realm, I stopped by a big ASB breed show earlier this fall, and all I can say is, if any of you have a few spare zillion dollars around, you may buy me a Saddlebred Fine Harness stallion called _Sir William Robert_. He's only 3 but he was *so* gorgeous I had tears pouring down my face. He's already a World Grand Champion and he's one of those horses you know you are going to remember forever. Like Idle Dice or Secretariat or any great horse in any discipline!

Sir William Robert is at the barn down in Hilton Head where I ride when I go down there! We are very good friends with the owners of the farm/him. You're right. He's so gorgeous. I remember standing by the ring mesmerized as I watched him as a 2 y/o being driven around the ring. He had no weights/chains on or anything, just bell boots and it was one of the most magnificent things I have ever seen. I think they are concentrating on using him as a stud now, though.

*Roxy~Henry~Alaska~Kismet~Keynote*

Roxy SM
Dec. 12, 2003, 06:46 PM
When I was at Spruce Meadows trying horses this June at the National Tournament, my trainer and I were watching an ATCO Pipelines class (big jumps) and I fell in love with Lutopia, a chestnut mare ridden by Molly Ashe, before she even won the class.My trainer said to me, "If we had a couple hundred thousand to spend, that's the horse we would buy for you." Well, since then, Lutopia has won/placed high in tons of big classes, including being 2nd in the CN International at the Masters.
I want that horse soooooo badly.

*Roxy~Henry~Alaska~Kismet~Keynote*

Nauset
Dec. 14, 2003, 06:16 PM
Shine

*DROOOL* LOVE that horse!

..:*:..:*:..:*:.BAS.:*:..:*:..:*:..
Proud Member of the SHORT & STUBBY LEG CLIQUE and the Homeschooled Clique.

http://community.webshots.com/user/samtb056

D-funk
Dec. 14, 2003, 09:18 PM
I got my dream horse in July so my list is empty. He's actually my husbands horse to use on the trails but he said I can steal him to take to the big shows. We wouldn't want a fancy Oldenburg to be hanging out on the trails. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Easy come, easy go.

Barn Dirt
Dec. 14, 2003, 10:11 PM
Lightly Frosted http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/winkgrin.gif

---------------------------------------------------------
"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sunlight, and neighs in the dark." Claddagh Gypsies of Ireland

"Life is too short to ride a bad horse or dance with ugly men."

sigh
Dec. 14, 2003, 10:12 PM
Oh, I can think of a few... http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-Shine
-Red Panda (I saw him do the 2nd years in Saratoga 2 years ago, and fell in love http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)
-Holiday (little bay mare I met in VT, doing the prelims...she's adorable!)
-I've never seen Nobleman in person, but he looks amazing in the pictures http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif
-Hidden Creek's Perin (loved watching him in the Olympics!
-Lando (ditto - he looks like he's just such an attitude http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

Oh, and I'm not sure I would call Editorial "sweet" - we were stabled next to Holly Hill last summer in Vermont, and, unless I'm mistaken, he was wearing a rather large muzzle much of the time. He's a very cool horse though. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

lphoeb
Dec. 16, 2003, 06:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MHM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PTDeaconHP:
Plus I will get to ride my sisters horse, Happy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that the same Happy who was Marley Goodman's at one time? Big bay with lots of white?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marley's old eq horse, Happy, lives in NJ and does the eq. with Jimmy Fairclough. Hes such a cute horse and is fun to ride.

I personally will stick with my boy Jupiter and would love to have my old eq horse, Spectacular, out of retirement. A nice jumper would be nice too! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sparky22
Dec. 16, 2003, 06:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Does she have Editorial these days? Big sweet gray with a wart (?) on his forehead? He is adorable. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust me, there is nothing sweet about him http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Nice horse... far from ever being sweet though!

--------------------------
I would sooner fail than not be among the greatest
-- John Keats

MHM
Dec. 16, 2003, 09:38 PM
Sparky-Ed looks sweet going around the ring! Sounds like that's the only time, though.

lphoeb- Thanks for the update. I saw Jimmy on Happy sometime last year, but didn't know if he had changed hands since then. Happy is a good boy! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

diKecnadnuS
Dec. 24, 2003, 03:52 PM
I want any fancy AO hunter that is easy to ride and small enough for a legal midget...oh, and a guarenteed future championship at devon would be a nice added bonus.

~*~* Boldly going where no blonde has gone before!! *~*~

"While girls schools are notoriously wild, the true party-hearty girl attends Hollins" ~The Preppy Handbook

-Adult Pony Rider Clique-
-Disgruntled college student clique-
-Short stubby leg clique-

~*Smoke Rise Charlie*~(R.I.P.) ~*Asgard Rhinestone Cowboy*~ ~*Caught Napping*~ ~*Sundance Kid*~

Hunter88
Dec. 24, 2003, 05:35 PM
I REALLY want Pony Dot Com! he is SOOO cute! A Rox Dene baby wouldn't hurt either! Or, I would like my mare to have a baby-lilly! but then I couldn't ride her, so she isn't gonna have a baby until i go to college http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Whoever said Money couldn't buy happiness didn't know where to buy a horse

I DONT HAVE A GPA! (clique!)

Kirsten
Dec. 24, 2003, 07:23 PM
Barn Dirt! If you ask Santa really nicely, I think Lightly Frosted might still be for sale, no?

I want Shutterfly. Oh, and while I'm asking for stuff, I'd also like the talent to ride him. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

luvhunters8675
Sep. 6, 2004, 09:39 PM
Bucky Dent was at Halcyon Farm but that was probably about 8 years ago. I remember at that point I was showing with Chrissie in the Childrens then Jrs. Barb Wise deserves the credit for starting that horse. I remember her at shows working so hard on Bucky Dent(he seemed very difficult at times) and helpless Chrissie. She really gave that horse the "new" start he needed and with all that hard work she put in, look where he is now!!! It seemd like he was a hard project but definitely paid off

He did leave there eventually though and went to Ethan's mom

Darkstar
Sep. 6, 2004, 10:45 PM
Of course the usuals.... Strapless and Red Panda for horses, and for nice ponies I would love Blue Squede Shoes (the pony that won at Pony Finals in the greens a few years ago).

Madame Butterfly
Sep. 6, 2004, 10:46 PM
Just mine. But I would like a truck and trailor, Santa.

Loco
Sep. 7, 2004, 06:52 AM
Arko III

HSM
Sep. 7, 2004, 11:47 AM
Wow this is an old thread!

Roxy SM
Sep. 7, 2004, 05:46 PM
Joel
Montender
Lutopia

monalisa
Sep. 8, 2004, 07:51 AM
La Cara, although I am not sure I could stay on her over the jumps. She is amazing!

chrissy mackris
Sep. 8, 2004, 09:55 AM
i just want my horse back... http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Jane
Sep. 8, 2004, 01:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HSM:
Wow this is an old thread! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, I got really excited there for a few minutes, thinking VTrider is back! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif