PDA

View Full Version : The butt that ate the call center.

twotrudoc
Apr. 7, 2012, 01:14 PM
I work as a supervisor for customer service for a cell carrier in a large call center. We have about 1000 reps there.

We have a dress code and I am kind of the go to person when something needs to be said and no one else wants to.

There is a rep (not on my team) who has this HUGE butt, it's a bedonkidonk of epic proportions. It is amazing. It defies the laws of nature. It is Incontinentia Buttocks from Monty Python times 48!

It comes out daily. She cannot keep the top half of it covered. We're talking a good 6"-8" minimum of top half of butt here. The crack is wide enough to hide a small child. You will be innocently walking by and get a sneak assault of the full blazing perky moon with no warning. It's like it moves up and out of it's own accord.

The rep doesn't even notice when it is acting up. I feel bad for her and hate being the bad guy all the time. She does not dress provocatively or inappropriately at all. She needs a sleezie for her butt but I can't say that at work!

I've kind of given up but thought I would share.

sketcher
Apr. 7, 2012, 01:22 PM
Things that make me glad I'm not a manager.

twotrudoc
Apr. 7, 2012, 01:26 PM
I also get to talk to the stinky ones.

veetiepony
Apr. 7, 2012, 01:28 PM
I saw an infomercial the other day of a cami type thing thay would wear around your waist, exactly for this purpose. Don't know how you would suggest it though.

carolprudm
Apr. 7, 2012, 01:41 PM
I also get to talk to the stinky ones.

That's not nearly as bad as having to sit next to one.

Cheap potpourri is your friend

Signed: almost 10 years in a call center cube

ETA:I had a co worker who was WELL over 300 lbs. And who thought she looked good in short shorts. And would (don't ask me how) sit cross legged on her chair. Often with her back to her desk.

Twotru can you move the person to a back corner cube?

AliCat518
Apr. 7, 2012, 01:51 PM
wow, thats no good. But i definitely laughed out loud.

Alagirl
Apr. 7, 2012, 02:04 PM
make up a secret code to use with her.

one of DH's friends did that with the kid when he forgot to close the barndoors ...
XYZ: Examine your zipper.
I stole it and use it to remind him when the back end is sagging.....

twotrudoc
Apr. 7, 2012, 02:10 PM
Carol, she's technically not my rep so I don't have a say in seating. Her sup seems not to care where they sit?

I like the code word idea. I suppose yelling "BUTTZILLA!" would be too dramatic. Maybe "Tokyo"?

:lol:

Alagirl
Apr. 7, 2012, 02:12 PM
Carol, she's technically not my rep so I don't have a say in seating. Her sup seems not to care where they sit?

I like the code word idea. I suppose yelling "BUTTZILLA!" would be too dramatic. Maybe "Tokyo"?

:lol:

Apollo....:D

mvp
Apr. 7, 2012, 02:13 PM
I am deeply grateful to the owner of all that assular acreage for her generation of this thread.

It's awesome. A triumph. Lo' and behold the booty.

twotrudoc
Apr. 7, 2012, 02:16 PM
Darn tootin', mvp, darn tootin'.

Mercy, if that thing went off we'd have ocean front property in Idaho.

Flagstaff Foxhunter
Apr. 7, 2012, 02:18 PM
Eeek! I soooo do not miss being a supervisor. Kind but firm is the way to go (and I'm sure you are already planning on handling it this way, but the topic was too grossly funny not to share.)

"Ummm, (insert name here) it's been brought to my attention that there are occasions when your clothing doesn't entirely cover your backside. So if you feel a wee bit of a draft on your hindquarters, could you make sure you put on a longer blouse or sweater so no one is made uncomfortable by seeing a little too much skin?

I remember the stinky ones. Sheesh. I had one that would bring a gag reflex. A customer left her a stick of deodorant on her cash register stand. The stinker carried it up to me, looking puzzled. "I wonder why someone left this?"

Alagirl
Apr. 7, 2012, 02:19 PM
I remember the stinky ones. Sheesh. I had one that would bring a gag reflex. A customer left her a stick of deodorant on her cash register stand. The stinker carried it up to me, looking puzzled. "I wonder why someone left this?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

TheHorseProblem
Apr. 7, 2012, 02:20 PM
First of all, :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:!!!

I teach high school, so I see these particular types of wardrobe malfunctions all the time. I agree that you need a code. Maybe mention the movie about the guy caught in the slot canyon who cut off his own arm.

This thread reminds me of something I say too often: just because they make it in your size does not mean you can wear it.

twotrudoc
Apr. 7, 2012, 02:22 PM

Ahahahahahhaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mvp
Apr. 7, 2012, 02:36 PM
For the person teaching HS.

If you develop the right kind of relationship with your students, why can't you say, "Dude! Yer a$$ is hanging out. All over the place. Just a little FYI for ya."

Ok, granted I can't write the word "ass" here. But one can *say* a$$, right?

From kinda, sorta similar experience: I teach undergrads. During the first two hour class meeting where we were getting to know each other, I wanted to let my students see who their prof would be.

She'd make them read Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species. All of it. She'd tell them about her grading policy: Anything goes before an assignment is graded but once a letter is slapped on, it's non-negotiable. I'm very much a Big Stick Diplomacy kind of teacher.

So when they were quiet and shy about going around the room with introductions, introducing I saw the two grad students in this upper-division undergrad course in the back. I said to all others, "See those guys? They are your professional scholars. They are here to help you.... even if they are sitting in the Stoner Section." Everyone knew what and where stoner section of a class is. I know about the stoner section. I have sat in the stoner section.

TheHorseProblem
Apr. 7, 2012, 02:47 PM
For the person teaching HS.

If you develop the right kind of relationship with your students, why can't you say, "Dude! Yer a$$ is hanging out. All over the place. Just a little FYI for ya."

:lol::lol:

I usually take the girls outside the classroom and quietly inform them that they are showing more than they'd like.

Then there's the girl whose boobage is the problem...we worked out a deal where she will stand outside the door and ask one of the guys if she can borrow their hoodie. They fall all over themselves being the one to cover her boobs. I think it's really funny! But, you know, since she started covering up, her grades have improved. Seriously.

BuddyRoo
Apr. 7, 2012, 04:12 PM
Raises hand: also work in a call center.

At my first office in Chicago, I got a call (I work in IT, but IT seems to also be "maintenance" that there was a rep stuck in her chair.

I no joke had to go grab a screwdriver, get UNDER this lady's chair, and unscrew the arm rests to get her out.

That was my 2nd day on the job.

Ten years ago.

Nothing shocks me anymore.

JanM
Apr. 7, 2012, 04:19 PM
I know exactly what you're talking about. When I worked in a different library (more like a public library) there was a staff member who bought elastic waist pants, but when she crouched down, or if she was weeding (we had flower beds outside) here would come the butt crack, and sometimes a half moon. The boss wouldn't say anything, finally got rid of her by cancelling her job, so she worked at another location after that-not exactly the definition of a supervisor.

MyssMyst
Apr. 7, 2012, 05:09 PM
Another call center vet here. We had a couple who were the epitome of crazy cat people. They sat far enough apart that it took us a while to figure out that the awful smell permeating that section of the call floor was from them. We had the carpets cleaned, the vents cleaned, you name it multiple times. We all felt horrible for their supervisor once we realized he was going to have to discuss not allowing the cats to pee on their clothes with them.

My favorite part of call center work at my last job were some of the paranoid schizophrenics we'd have that would call. I'll never forget doing a quality evaluation on an agent's call, and this woman going off on how she started as a white woman and her dentist turned her into a black woman when she went in for a root canal. The call had been weird from the get-go, but that just sent it into the realm of the unforgettable.

My second favorite part (as weird as it sounds) are the abusive customers. I LOVE it when they go off on me. Makes my day every time. I don't get them as much in my new job, but boy do I love it when I do.

Alagirl
Apr. 7, 2012, 05:54 PM
My second favorite part (as weird as it sounds) are the abusive customers. I LOVE it when they go off on me. Makes my day every time. I don't get them as much in my new job, but boy do I love it when I do.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

you are weird!

Long Spot
Apr. 7, 2012, 06:09 PM
My favorite part of call center work at my last job were some of the paranoid schizophrenics we'd have that would call.

I just moved in January, and had to book a company last minute as the company we had booked tried to push us back two weeks (had a new job start date so this didn't work) and raise the rate. The van driver who did move us was telling me that at least a quarter of the people who call up and want a last minute move are paranoid schizophrenics who are going through an episode. Apparently they didn't know what to make of us until we signed the paperwork and handed over a down payment. :lol:

Twotrudoc, just "leave" her little note when it's burgeoning forth. I think you know the best place to put the note.:winkgrin:

phoebetrainer
Apr. 7, 2012, 06:29 PM
Things that make me glad I'm not a manager.

The things mentioned on this thread are the reasons I am glad I am a manager!:yes:

I get so sick of managers etc who won't address inappropriate dress, body odour, not meeting deadlines or contracts etc. Its great to be able to actually do something, start people on a road to change so that they are more pleasant for everyone around them and more employable.

mvp
Apr. 7, 2012, 06:32 PM
I know exactly what you're talking about. When I worked in a different library (more like a public library) there was a staff member who bought elastic waist pants, but when she crouched down, or if she was weeding (we had flower beds outside) here would come the butt crack, and sometimes a half moon. The boss wouldn't say anything, finally got rid of her by cancelling her job, so she worked at another location after that-not exactly the definition of a supervisor.

You guys were sissified by a butt. You had to cancel a job for that...and you couldn't think of any other way to git-r-done?

twotrudoc
Apr. 7, 2012, 06:38 PM
Yep. definite sissification! LOL!!!!

carolprudm
Apr. 7, 2012, 06:39 PM
Another call center vet here. We had a couple who were the epitome of crazy cat people. They sat far enough apart that it took us a while to figure out that the awful smell permeating that section of the call floor was from them. We had the carpets cleaned, the vents cleaned, you name it multiple times. We all felt horrible for their supervisor once we realized he was going to have to discuss not allowing the cats to pee on their clothes with them.

My favorite part of call center work at my last job were some of the paranoid schizophrenics we'd have that would call. I'll never forget doing a quality evaluation on an agent's call, and this woman going off on how she started as a white woman and her dentist turned her into a black woman when she went in for a root canal. The call had been weird from the get-go, but that just sent it into the realm of the unforgettable.

Another call center vet here. I've always thought I should write a book. With few exceptions at least I thought they were funny

mvp
Apr. 7, 2012, 07:37 PM
Do any of you people with call center horror stories work for Verizon or the Federal Student Loan Service Center?

I'll tell you what: Those two companies employ just about the most competent and friendly people. The Student Loan folks rock especially--they know their sh!t (read: my loan better than I do). I wouldn't think that any of those guys reeked and/or carried outsized junk in the trunk.

twotrudoc
Apr. 7, 2012, 07:41 PM
Do any of you people with call center horror stories work for Verizon or the Federal Student Loan Service Center?

I'll tell you what: Those two companies employ just about the most competent and friendly people. The Student Loan folks rock especially--they know their sh!t (read: my loan better than I do). I wouldn't think that any of those guys reeked and/or carried outsized junk in the trunk.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Let's just say one of the ones you mentioned is definitely booty-licious!

JanM
Apr. 7, 2012, 07:57 PM
mvp-the woman was a long-term employee, the boss was gutless, and when we had to cut a number of jobs she went. It was a great relief, because she was the slowest person on earth at doing regular duties that she had been doing for years. What would take someone else 5 minutes would take her an hour. I'm not sure there would have been a difference in behavior even if the boss did her own job as a supervisor.

sketcher
Apr. 7, 2012, 08:10 PM
At my first office in Chicago, I got a call (I work in IT, but IT seems to also be "maintenance" that there was a rep stuck in her chair.

I no joke had to go grab a screwdriver, get UNDER this lady's chair, and unscrew the arm rests to get her out.

Sounds like hazing to me. Thank god there were no flatulence problems....

I do technical support for instrumentation and there are plenty of abusive, arrogant a-holes every week. I really can not imagine enjoying it. Some of it is cultural and some of it is just plain old sexist. The money is good but it does get old.

Maybe a consumer call center where people are unhappy and you can turn them around but not in my group. Ain't happening and it ain't fun.

Tapperjockey
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:06 PM
Sounds like hazing to me. Thank god there were no flatulence problems....

I do technical support for instrumentation and there are plenty of abusive, arrogant a-holes every week. I really can not imagine enjoying it. Some of it is cultural and some of it is just plain old sexist. The money is good but it does get old.

Maybe a consumer call center where people are unhappy and you can turn them around but not in my group. Ain't happening and it ain't fun.

I liked those customers too actually. It's better than the ones who are overly sweet and try to whine/sob story/wheedle you in to doing stuff. Just scream and vent and I'll have the mute button down so you don't hear me laughing that you are blaming me for everything from the extinction of dinosaurs to the national deficit. And if you're really good, you get the record button pushed, so the super and the team can all hear about it at the weekly team meetings too.

MMacallister
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:20 PM
You guys make me sooooo happy I don't work in a call center! or even an office!

abrant
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:26 PM
Someone needs to spin this off into a call center war stories thread :winkgrin:

Those of use that work in call centers know that this is pretty much a daily thing, that is, the weirdness.

I left the horse industry and worked in a contract (domestic outsourcing) call center for a year (though technically I still work there, on my third year, I stop in monthly and do the incentive reporting because no one else bothered to learn the wonders of pivot tables in excel). It was a trip and a half. I was particularly good with escalated calls, after 24/7 horse people I was like "oh, you think you're crazy, but you're so not crazy". I worked on a crappy program (prepaid cell phones), a great program (porting phone numbers), and a program I loathed (retention, good lord, 100% crabby unhappy people).

I moved to an in-house call center for an insurance company which is much more professional. I worked on the phones there for 18 months then got my dream job ::evil laugh:: Quality!!

I do some processing quality, but mostly I listen to phone calls all day. It's super fun and I have a 'best of' list that I keep in my desk drawer :) My general rule is that if it makes me laugh, I won't deduct for it ;)

twotrudoc
Apr. 7, 2012, 09:53 PM
I am not a fan of the excel pivot table.

ShaSamour
Apr. 7, 2012, 10:47 PM
On the original topic, for those of you who may occasionally frequent the Schooner Wharf Bar in Key West, Michael McCloud's "She's Gotta Butt" comes to mind...

I've done call center, and having survived one year of IT support boot camp, I can say it's an experience I never want to repeat...

paulaedwina
Apr. 7, 2012, 10:54 PM
I teach college, and I am not subtle. I said to a male student across the lab, "Josh; I see London, I see France..."

Paula

littleum
Apr. 7, 2012, 11:34 PM
I spent 6 months in 2002 at a company that dealt in pre-need graveyard spot sales. I was the A/R person.

We had a 20 person call center that would set up "presentations" for the door-to-door salesmen.

We called the CC "The Zoo" or "The Barn". Let me tell you... pre-need graveyard telemarketing does not attract the highes clas of individual. Things like "personal hygeine" and "don't show up drunk" were not concepts readily understood. But those were also the least of things. Showing up drunk? High? Snorting at your stall? Unbathed? Nah. Small beans. We regularly had to call the police or were called from jail ("I violated my parole. I won't be out for 2-4")

I felt so bad for the receptionists (we had 3 in the 6 months I was there)

abrant
Apr. 7, 2012, 11:58 PM
We called the CC "The Zoo" or "The Barn". Let me tell you... pre-need graveyard telemarketing does not attract the highes clas of individual. Things like "personal hygeine" and "don't show up drunk" were not concepts readily understood. But those were also the least of things. Showing up drunk? High? Snorting at your stall? Unbathed? Nah. Small beans. We regularly had to call the police or were called from jail ("I violated my parole. I won't be out for 2-4")

One night I was working at my desk (I was a team lead by this time) and another TL came and got me and pulled all the leads into a conference room. Apparently one of the reps was very belligerantly drunk and we needed to figure out a quiet, non-disruptive way to get him off the call floor. We had a plan and quietly moved out as a pack to round him up and he was gone. We were relieved, figuring that he must have figured out he couldn't work and went home. Well, he had actually gone back to the bar and showed back up about 2 hours later even more plastered. :eek: An operations manager came out and fired him on the spot.

Another day that I am really sorry I missed that will live in infamy is this: The reps were NOT supposed to eat at their desks (it was a weird working environment). I generally ignored it because I thought it was a stupid rule (I wasn't the greatest lead but I showed up every day and didn't complain too much) but another lead was extremely serious about it. Anyway, a rep (not mine!) was sitting at his desk loudly eating a rice-crispy treat. The lead went over and asked him to put it away. The rep ignored him and the lead raised his voice. Suddenly, the rep stood up and chucked his Mt Dew which hit one of the windows and exploded all over another rep. Words are exchanged, lead asks the rep to leave the call floor with him. Lead gets punched in the face. Lead got written up by HR for the confrontation and quits shortly thereafter (and yes, as a goodbye present, I got him a huge box of Rice Crispy Treats from the wholesale store:lol:) (To put things into perspective with this employer, I got a verbal warning from HR for spraying down a desk with Lysol after a girl went home with pinkeye in both eyes because it 'embarassed her')

One day we actually had a true fight between two reps on the call floor and somehow we managed to get them out into the hallway before our client representative working in a conference room figured out what was going on.

I don't miss working there, but it certainly was something new every day!!

Tapperjockey
Apr. 8, 2012, 12:50 AM
I was doing QC one night on the overnights at a call center I worked at.

One of the reps had been there maybe 5-6 years. Really nice guy, always excellent QC scores. He got a really simple call, it was going great, and then I don't know what happened. Customer remained great. She called in to ask if Product X was going to be available (a new product coming out) and it was about 2-3 weeks away at the time. Rep gave her correct info. Then he back tracked and said, wait let me look at this, and started looking at random stuff in the program and started humming. Then he started singing "Lordy Jesus this is not going well".. and after about 2-3 mins of this.. he asks the lady to hold, but didn't place her on hold and just put the headset down. He walks over to his supervisor and says "I can't handle this" and walked out. So I am yelling out of my office to try to catch his super, who is trying to catch him and find out wtf happened.. to let her know, that there was still a customer on the line. (who received a nice discount for her patience obviously). It was really really weird.

Griffyn
Apr. 8, 2012, 12:54 AM
Hey Call Center People!
I am sorry one of our patients called you at your huge international corporation and made a bomb threat via you to: an large international airport, a court house, and the Pentagon! It caused a ruckus you cannot imagine... but thanks for handling it on your end very professionally. I dont care if your rump was covered, or if you are odiferous, you did a great job.

MyssMyst
Apr. 8, 2012, 01:51 AM

I handled escalated calls for a long time at my last job. You got used to it fast. I can't stand the whiners, the criers, etc... The abusive ones you at least might hear something new once in a while. I will always remember the guy who called me a sperm-burping (insert rather varied string of expletives here). All that over a missing ad because he wouldn't know where to shop for his vegetables that week. You really do just hit mute and laugh your head off. I've handled bomb threats, threats of violence, and been cussed out in a variety of languages. A puny F bomb doesn't intimidate me. Rather, it leaves me rolling my eyes over the lack of originality involved.

The ones who amaze me are the ones who are cussing me out and wanting a refund/for me to go above and beyond what I'm required to do. If you are nice and reasonable, believe me, I'll go quite a bit out of my way to make you happy, and I'm going to fight much harder to get our billing dept to approve that refund (even if it means begging and pleading). I can't guarantee that refund will be approved, but I'll do my very best to get it for you. If you are nasty, all incentive to help goes out the window, and I'm not going to fight it if billing says no. Every call center rep figures out really quickly how to make your life miserable without breaking a single rule, and just how far out of their way they can go without getting in trouble.

twotrudoc
Apr. 8, 2012, 11:15 AM
If you are nasty, all incentive to help goes out the window, and I'm not going to fight it if billing says no. Every call center rep figures out really quickly how to make your life miserable without breaking a single rule, and just how far out of their way they can go without getting in trouble.

This is true.

mvp
Apr. 8, 2012, 01:01 PM
I try to play by the rules in bidniss.

One of those is "You don't yell at the little guy."

The other is "You do go to the person who can make a change for you."

So sometimes when I know a call is being recorded and I have a Rant The the Company Really Needs To Hear, I ask the rep about that, so:

"Look, I know you can't change this/it's not your fault. But for the benefit of someone higher up listening, can I just tell you that I don't appreciate X aspect of your company's customer service plan."

Then I tell Big Brother what's wrong and reassure the rep, again, that my wrath isn't directed at them.

So, you call center insiders, is this effective? Does anyone with the power to change things listen to these recorded calls?

twotrudoc
Apr. 8, 2012, 01:07 PM
Not really, well, not where I work. The site is about 1000 reps, we have four other smaller sites nationwide and another opening in May. Plus there are direct sites, tech, etc.

Negative survey results get attention. That's about it. My company has won awards for customer service and they monitor those customer surveys like a hawk. Take surveys, leave verbatim, send emails through the executive contact email addy on websites, that's how you do it.

Most of us in call centers have no contact with the decision makers. That includes sups, operations managers, asst gen mgrs and so on.

Paragon
Apr. 8, 2012, 01:14 PM
Man, this thread makes me love my job! I'm part of management in my small call center, and when someone gets abusive, I get to say "Sir/Ma'am, I will not help you if you continue to yell/swear at me. I will hang up."

It's outstanding.

Tapperjockey
Apr. 8, 2012, 01:56 PM
Man, this thread makes me love my job! I'm part of management in my small call center, and when someone gets abusive, I get to say "Sir/Ma'am, I will not help you if you continue to yell/swear at me. I will hang up."

It's outstanding.

At mine, it has to be said 3 x and then the call can be transferred to a supervisor.

Tapperjockey
Apr. 8, 2012, 01:57 PM
I try to play by the rules in bidniss.

One of those is "You don't yell at the little guy."

The other is "You do go to the person who can make a change for you."

So sometimes when I know a call is being recorded and I have a Rant The the Company Really Needs To Hear, I ask the rep about that, so:

"Look, I know you can't change this/it's not your fault. But for the benefit of someone higher up listening, can I just tell you that I don't appreciate X aspect of your company's customer service plan."

Then I tell Big Brother what's wrong and reassure the rep, again, that my wrath isn't directed at them.

So, you call center insiders, is this effective? Does anyone with the power to change things listen to these recorded calls?

It may, but it's not likely. The best way is as pointed out below, an email (or letter) to the corp office.

Chardavej
Apr. 8, 2012, 03:55 PM
One day we actually had a true fight between two reps on the call floor and somehow we managed to get them out into the hallway before our client representative working in a conference room figured out what was going on.

LOL! Like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMSNxBxgL_8

sdlbredfan
Apr. 8, 2012, 04:02 PM
"Ummm, (insert name here) it's been brought to my attention hat there are occasions when your clothing doesn't entirely cover your backside. So if you feel a wee bit of a draft on your hindquarters, could you make sure you put on a longer blouse or sweater so no one is made uncomfortable by seeing a little too much skin"

Brilliant solution!

mvp
Apr. 8, 2012, 04:18 PM
Negative survey results get attention. That's about it. My company has won awards for customer service and they monitor those customer surveys like a hawk. Take surveys, leave verbatim, send emails through the executive contact email addy on websites, that's how you do it.

But I want the pow-wah! Right now. Don't want to write a stinkin' e-mail.... after I waded through your cotton pickin' phone tree and waited on hold forevah to get to an actual human being.

Oh, and I *don't* appreciate the on-line "contact info" pages that don't give phone numbers. Not into the company giving some customer service e-mail addy.

If you take my money, don't stonewall me.

And look! I just wasted a whole bunch of keystrokes ranting at the wrong people.

twotrudoc
Apr. 8, 2012, 04:33 PM
Rant on LOL!!! But, in all truthfulness, surveys are the fastest way to the top.

As far as addressing the butt, I have, many times. She wears loose clothing and non-fitted pants. That butt of hers will poke out in a mumu. It is amazing. I suppose she could try duct tape.

mvp
Apr. 8, 2012, 04:38 PM
When I get on a ranty roll, surveys can just bite me, too.

I did clear out my PM inbox, OP. Sorry you couldn't get through.

Melelio
Apr. 8, 2012, 08:11 PM
I worked IT at a call center as well...Lots of 'well endowed rear-ly' ladies, mostly ladies. One of the supers was an overly fed man, but the nicest of folk....

There was one butt-healthy lady who, on 'casual Fridays' really seemed to think that spandex pants looked fab on her....of course then you could see EVERY cellulite crater, and the jelly-like properties of the mass....and they never stayed up all the way, either :eek:

Finally, about 6 months after I got there, modifications were made to 'casual Friday' appropriate wear, not simply because of her, however.

One of my better work acquaintances at those incoming product call centers was a LARGE lady. She often didn't have alot of variety in what fit her; that always made me sad for her.

And the stinky ones? They were the foreign software programmers from countries where laundry was probably only done once a month, and usually by the women. They'd not been in country long enough to know the need for learning that skill, but, again, were the nicest people to work with, even though you DID have to hold your breath around some of them :lol: