PDA

View Full Version : Jack Russell Missing in Wellington!!!!! HELP!!

cewinn02
Apr. 6, 2012, 10:31 PM
COTHers please help!

My friend Kate's 9-year-old Rough Coated, Tri-Colored Jack Russell went missing from a farm on Appaloosa in Wellington on 4/4/12 around 1pm. He was wearing a leather collar with a nameplate, and a flea collar and he does have a microchip #985121004404711.

Kate has posted flyers all over Wellington and gotten in touch with local shelters etc., but the more people that know about Wags, the sooner we can get him back home.

Photo's can be seen here:
https://www.facebook.com/WagsIsMissing

Thanks!

Somermist
Apr. 6, 2012, 10:48 PM
Good luck, I hope you find him.

CBoylen
Apr. 6, 2012, 10:53 PM
Shared on FB.

Meliora
Apr. 6, 2012, 11:58 PM
Shared on FB...May Wags find the way home soon!!

MHM
Apr. 7, 2012, 12:46 AM
Shared on Facebook, and I'll keep an eye out for him. Whereabouts on Appaloosa was he last seen? The road is probably a few miles long.

You might want to also post something on the message board at www.Wellington-WEF.com to alert the local residents. The classified board probably gets the most traffic, so you might want to put something there as well as on the lost and found section.

Fingers crossed for his safe return!

cewinn02
Apr. 7, 2012, 10:19 AM
Thank you all so much! Kate tried to post on Wellington-Wef.com but couldn't for some reason. Maybe today we'll figure it out?

And he was between Greenbriar and Pierson at 2584 Appaloosa. That house also backs up to 104th Ave south, so I suppose it's possible that he went that way.

Thanks again!!

MHM
Apr. 7, 2012, 01:13 PM
Isn't there a school fairly close to that part of Appaloosa? Maybe post flyers there or on the playgrounds nearby.

Florida Fan
Apr. 7, 2012, 07:32 PM
I work right across from Mcclains----I will certainly spread the word....or keep him safe till I call you, should I find him. We have doggies on our farm....hopefully he would be attracted to them...

Long Spot
Apr. 7, 2012, 07:36 PM
Cewinn, let me know if you can't get a post on Welly-WEF board. PM me if you'd like to just copy and paste your post here over there. My account works just fine there.

cewinn02
Apr. 7, 2012, 07:48 PM
Long Spot--I was able to post. I think the problem was that at first Kate and I both read which country is Wellington in as which county.

Kate said she had put up 300 flyers in the past few days, with 200 more today. Hopefully someone will have seen him and let us know...

Again, thanks for all the help/thoughts/ideas, and I will be sure to let everyone know when Wags makes it home!

MintHillFarm
Apr. 8, 2012, 10:22 AM
Wishing the best for Wags and his family... hope he's is found soon...

cewinn02
Apr. 8, 2012, 01:04 PM
Wags is still missing. Kate did say that there was one sighting on Wellington Trace and Greenview, but thinks that someone may have picked him up. Apparently, that isn't too uncommon. If this is the case, whoever has him won't be able to keep him totally hidden, so the more people that know Wags is missing, the better.

Kate has emailed local TV stations, and one of them may run a report with his photo tonight. I'll update again later on.

Happy Easter/Passover, and hopefully the Easter Bunny will bring Wags back to Kate!

17hTBmare
Apr. 9, 2012, 11:56 AM
Praying for Kate and Wags.

RiverBendPol
Apr. 9, 2012, 02:17 PM
I assume you have told every vet and shelter within a few miles? Is Wags microchipped? If so, Home Again will help with posters, notifying, etc. Good luck, I hope you find him soooooon.

SunkenMeadow
Apr. 9, 2012, 04:00 PM
Please disregard: their post is from a while a go ...

cewinn02
Apr. 9, 2012, 04:23 PM
RiverBendPol--Yes, the shelters and vet have been told, and his chip is from HomeAgain, so they've been notified as well. I hope he turns up soon, too!

Many thanks for the shares on FB and for the leads. SunkenMeadow, even though it wasn't him, any lead is good, so thank you for keeping your eye out for him!

cewinn02
Apr. 10, 2012, 09:59 PM
BUMP!

Wags is still missing. Please share!!!

17hTBmare
Apr. 12, 2012, 10:25 AM
Wags is still missing---please keep an eye out!

cewinn02
Apr. 15, 2012, 11:01 AM
Sunday Bump!!!

Wags has now been missing for 11 days!

Please tell anyone you may know in Wellington. Kate is desperate to get her best friend back.

Thanks!

bizbachfan
Apr. 15, 2012, 11:24 AM
Was hoping he was found already, hope he is found soon.

cewinn02
Jun. 5, 2012, 10:22 PM
Bumping this back up....

Kate sent this email out tonight.

My dog Scallywag, "Wags", has been missing for two months now. Right from the beginning, I've believed that someone has "adopted" him and decided that my little scruffy dog/sidekick/friend would be theirs. While he went missing in Florida, we're from New Hampshire, and our connections are everywhere. So I am begging of you to look twice at that little Jack Russell being walked down the street, to question your neighbor's "rescued" dog, and to listen for his shrill cry from parked cars or lonely houses...

(Wags is a 9yo, tri- colored, rough coated,Jack Russell Terrier. While he hated being micro-chipped at the time, I am beyond thrilled that I put him through it.)

https://www.facebook.com/WagsIsMissing

alto
Jun. 6, 2012, 12:01 AM
I was so hoping this was a Found Dog notice :(

Nlevie
Jun. 6, 2012, 11:23 AM
I'm so sorry ! I can't believe someone can live with themselves knowing they took someone else's dog. . .